PDA

View Full Version : Don't let them kid you, they got away with one!

California-Hibs
29-04-2019, 01:37 PM
Now that the dust has settled, I've just watched the highlights and on any other day that Slivka point blank header is in, and McNaulty who has a 100% penalty record, is slipping that away.

Apart from maybe 20 minutes from the entire game, there was only 1 team pressing and who looked like winning, and was playing good football.

The stuff im reading from Jambos you couldn't make up. Rejuvenated?...you're having a laugh. Luck smiled on their side big time.

Anyway, still 3 points above them, and another season finishing above them in the league.

500miles
29-04-2019, 01:39 PM
To be honest, I've not spoken to any jambos who've said any different.

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2019, 01:49 PM
All talk though. I'm not going to go back in 5 years and watch highlights of that time we deserved to win. Big chance missed to beat them and sell more season tickets for next year.

Diclonius
29-04-2019, 01:58 PM
It's disappointing that we failed to win both derbies at ER this season, in both of which we were the better team. However, you could say the same regarding the two games at Tynecastle - we were outplayed by Hearts for the majority of both of games but came away with four points. All-in-all it's a fair trade, and I'm sure we'd all trade no wins at ER this season for one at Tynecastle.

The Green Goblin
29-04-2019, 01:58 PM
All talk though. I'm not going to go back in 5 years and watch highlights of that time we deserved to win. Big chance missed to beat them and sell more season tickets for next year.

You think people will decide whether or not to buy a ST based on the derby results? We are unbeaten under Heckingbottom, he hasn’t even had a transfer window yet. If that doesn’t persuade people to buy a ST, nothing will.

Hermit Crab
29-04-2019, 02:00 PM
To be honest, I've not spoken to any jambos who've said any different.

Me neither, they know the stole a point and still want to see Levein go.

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2019, 02:26 PM
You think people will decide whether or not to buy a ST based on the derby results? We are unbeaten under Heckingbottom, he hasn’t even had a transfer window yet. If that doesn’t persuade people to buy a ST, nothing will.

Honestly, people on the edge look for any excuse. We'll never know but beating them comfortably yesterday wouldn't helped sell more imo.

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2019, 02:27 PM
It's disappointing that we failed to win both derbies at ER this season, in both of which we were the better team. However, you could say the same regarding the two games at Tynecastle - we were outplayed by Hearts for the majority of both of games but came away with four points. All-in-all it's a fair trade, and I'm sure we'd all trade no wins at ER this season for one at Tynecastle.
I wouldn't tbh, I'd rather we always dominated them at home and had a big party afterwards.

Since452
29-04-2019, 03:15 PM
That derby will hurt for a while. A home draw against Hearts always feels like a defeat but to dominate them and lose a goal late, absolute sickener. It was the first time I've thought to myself "game over" when we've scored in a derby. Annoyed at myself and annoyed the team who thought the same by looks of it.

Deansy
29-04-2019, 04:07 PM
That derby will hurt for a while. A home draw against Hearts always feels like a defeat but to dominate them and lose a goal late, absolute sickener. It was the first time I've thought to myself "game over" when we've scored in a derby. Annoyed at myself and annoyed the team who thought the same by looks of it.

On the plus-side, the draw will be enough for AB to give Potter another season - and if he somehow manages a respectable 3/4 - 0 gubbing in the final he'll get TWO !

Pagan Hibernia
29-04-2019, 04:48 PM
If a prophet told me before the Tynecastle game that we’d get 4 points from the remaining two derbies I would have assumed a draw at their dump and a home win. And I would have been delighted.

does this console me after pishing away two points and the chance to once again rub their noses in it? Absolutely not. Still raging.

cleanyman
29-04-2019, 05:14 PM
Tired of reading Hearts and 'luck' nearly every time we play a derby.

Our record remains pitiful against them and once again we blew it when a win was in the bag

eastterrace
29-04-2019, 05:22 PM
Tired of reading Hearts and 'luck' nearly every time we play a derby.

Our record remains pitiful against them and once again we blew it when a win was in the bag
Heard they have won 3 times in last 16 games think if true a no to bad record.

cleanyman
29-04-2019, 05:24 PM

That's good

But overall we are still miles behind because of throwing away the win like we did yesterday again and again and again

Sammy7nil
29-04-2019, 05:31 PM

I heard they have won more derbies at ER than Hibs if true that is horrendous.

cleanyman
29-04-2019, 05:34 PM
I heard they have won more derbies at ER than Hibs.

Yesterday is one of the reasons why

Its infuriating

eastterrace
29-04-2019, 07:41 PM
I heard they have won more derbies at ER than Hibs if true that is horrendous. yip nice one , but my point is we are getting better against them . I would take three defeats in the next 16 games again. It’s a levelish playing field and it’s showing in results.

Borderhibbie76
29-04-2019, 07:44 PM
That derby will hurt for a while. A home draw against Hearts always feels like a defeat but to dominate them and lose a goal late, absolute sickener. It was the first time I've thought to myself "game over" when we've scored in a derby. Annoyed at myself and annoyed the team who thought the same by looks of it.You must be young if a derby draw at home hurts you that bad mate...u should have tried growing up in the 80s

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
29-04-2019, 07:45 PM
I heard they have won more derbies at ER than Hibs if true that is horrendous.I heard u never post anything positive about the team u are meant to support...your like a broken record??

eastterrace
29-04-2019, 07:55 PM
I heard u never post anything positive about the team u are meant to support...your like a broken record??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk yes I was surprised how negative sammy 7-0 is. Thought I try to cheer him up with my re-quote.

The 90+2
29-04-2019, 08:01 PM
The frustrating part is they can’t stay ***** forever. The past three years we should have given out far more pumping to them because you just know when they eventually get their act together they will fluke more wins than draws.

eastterrace
29-04-2019, 08:06 PM
The frustrating part is they can’t stay ***** forever. The past three years we should have given out far more pumping to them because you just know when they eventually get their act together they will fluke more wins than draws.dont agree mate it’s more level playing field now so will be more even. Not sure what you mean get their act together . We are getting stronger on field and off.

Sammy7nil
29-04-2019, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=Borderhibbie76;5776760]You must be young if a derby draw at home hurts you that bad mate...u should have tried growing up in the 80s

That is why I am so moody.

Sammy7nil
29-04-2019, 09:01 PM
I heard u never post anything positive about the team u are meant to support...your like a broken record??

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

The 90+2
29-04-2019, 09:06 PM
dont agree mate it’s more level playing field now so will be more even. Not sure what you mean get their act together . We are getting stronger on field and off.

It is yeah but right now we are better than them and should be capitalising on that big time. Their time will come round again when they get rid of Potter and they seem more capable of taking advantage when they are the better side.

Borderhibbie76
29-04-2019, 09:29 PM
I'm just amazed at the reaction of some posters on here to the draw yesterday?? Where is this we are a million miles better than them chat coming from?? We were 11 pts and half a league table behind them a few months back it's only thanks to the transformation under Hecky that we are were we are now?? Whatever some want to think they are not that far behind us in terms of squad quality and league positions...some need to have a reality check honestly...we were 8th in league at start of Feb ffs.

The 90+2
29-04-2019, 09:32 PM
I'm just amazed at the reaction of some posters on here to the draw yesterday?? Where is this we are a million miles better than them chat coming from?? We were 11 pts and half a league table behind them a few months back it's only thanks to the transformation under Hecky that we are were we are now?? Whatever some want to think they are not that far behind us in terms of squad quality and league positions...some need to have a reality check honestly...we were 8th in league at start of Feb ffs.

We are a better side than them. That’s a fact. They am have been utter dug meat for months, again fact. We should have butteries them yesterday that’s where the frustration stems from.

Diclonius
29-04-2019, 09:34 PM
It is yeah but right now we are better than them and should be capitalising on that big time. Their time will come round again when they get rid of Potter and they seem more capable of taking advantage when they are the better side.

We are three points apart in the league. I'd say the squads are of extremely even quality right now, with them possibly shading it with Naismith.

Next season's recruitment from both sides will be pivotal as to who takes charge in the capital for the next few years.

Borderhibbie76
29-04-2019, 09:36 PM
We are a better side than them. That’s a fact. They am have been utter dug meat for months, again fact. We should have butteries them yesterday that’s where the frustration stems from.Your dreaming...3 pts between us in the league table suggests otherwise...they aren't great I agree but neither are we...both decent on our day but both inconsistent too. Our consistency under Hecky is the only reason we sit above them now...like posters like you are reacting like we got pumped yesterday. Our main weakness as shown yesterday is we dont score enough goals against the top 6 and neither of our 2 main strikers have scored for weeks...this is an area of the squad badly mismanaged by Lennon and Heck needs to address this is summer

Sammy7nil
29-04-2019, 09:47 PM
Your dreaming...3 pts between us in the league table suggests otherwise...they aren't great I agree but neither are we...both decent on our day but both inconsistent too. Our consistency under Hecky is the only reason we sit above them now...like posters like you are reacting like we got pumped yesterday. Our main weakness as shown yesterday is we dont score enough goals against the top 6 and neither of our 2 main strikers have scored for weeks...this is an area of the squad badly mismanaged by Lennon and Heck needs to address this is summer

Come on now stop being so negative you are like a broken CD player :greengrin:wink:

Borderhibbie76
29-04-2019, 09:48 PM
Come on now stop being so negative you are like a broken CD player :greengrin:wink:Touche [emoji108][emoji23]

The 90+2
29-04-2019, 10:15 PM
Your dreaming...3 pts between us in the league table suggests otherwise...they aren't great I agree but neither are we...both decent on our day but both inconsistent too. Our consistency under Hecky is the only reason we sit above them now...like posters like you are reacting like we got pumped yesterday. Our main weakness as shown yesterday is we dont score enough goals against the top 6 and neither of our 2 main strikers have scored for weeks...this is an area of the squad badly mismanaged by Lennon and Heck needs to address this is summer

There’s only three points behind because of their terrific start to the season and then the whole Lennon situation. We are a lot better than them.

Deansy
29-04-2019, 10:47 PM
The frustrating part is they can’t stay ***** forever. The past three years we should have given out far more pumping to them because you just know when they eventually get their act together they will fluke more wins than draws.

Sorry but I think you're getting mixed-up with the Hearts of the '30+ years of not paying their bills' - they're not coming back anytime soon packed with players they can't afford and that are well above their historical playing standards !

Pagan Hibernia
29-04-2019, 11:03 PM
Sorry but I think you're getting mixed-up with the Hearts of the '30+ years of not paying their bills' - they're not coming back anytime soon packed with players they can't afford and that are well above their historical playing standards !

maybe but once their various botched infrastructure projects are sorted (they surely can’t continue messing them up forever) and they get budge paid off they’ll have an additional £120k per month pouring in from foundation of hearts. Now with levein in charge we know that’s not a problem, he’ll continue pissing it against a wall on 15 rubbish signings every year but it does worry me that they might stumble on a decent manager at some point.

TheHarpy76
30-04-2019, 07:42 AM
Probably going to need my tin hat here, but I thought we got what we deserved.
We didn’t test their keeper enough, despite our dominance and also that shocker of a penalty.
We sat back after scoring instead of trying to kill the game.

It’s certainly a point gained for them. A very annoying two points dropped by us.

chrisski33
30-04-2019, 09:10 AM

I wouldnt base buying a season ticket on whether weve beat hearts or not!

Smartie
30-04-2019, 09:58 AM
Probably going to need my tin hat here, but I thought we got what we deserved.
We didn’t test their keeper enough, despite our dominance and also that shocker of a penalty.
We sat back after scoring instead of trying to kill the game.

It’s certainly a point gained for them. A very annoying two points dropped by us.

I agree with you.

We had the better of a game that was riddled with mistakes but in all honesty we didn't create much against a brutal team, were wasteful when we did make chances and I don't think we can blame anyone other than ourselves for not winning the game.

where'stheslope
30-04-2019, 11:29 AM
I agree with you.

We had the better of a game that was riddled with mistakes but in all honesty we didn't create much against a brutal team, were wasteful when we did make chances and I don't think we can blame anyone other than ourselves for not winning the game.
What gets me is in the last minute Rockie tips an overhead kick over the bar to save the draw?
And it came from a player no one but them seem to rate tho' he also scored their goal???
How many time has it been said, "they are at their most dangerous, when we dominate them", we've got to start tearing them apart, and make sure we kill the game off!!!!