PDA

View Full Version : Player of the year Do

ArmadaleHibs
28-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Good night so far at the corn exchange. Meal next then the awards. Good words from Hecky and very positive for next year.

coldingham hibs
28-04-2019, 07:38 PM
👍🏻

calumhibee1
28-04-2019, 07:40 PM
Good night so far at the corn exchange. Meal next then the awards. Good words from Hecky and very positive for next year.

Good stuff. Wish I’d bought a ticket, hope everyone has a good night :aok:

Hibs4185
28-04-2019, 07:49 PM
Is it just me, or having it tonight when there’s 3 big games left is a bit awkward. I know at the end of the season players just want to go on holiday but it feels like an unnecessary event at the business of the season. Far better the night of the last game when positions in the league have been decided

calumhibee1
28-04-2019, 07:53 PM
Is it just me, or having it tonight when there’s 3 big games left is a bit awkward. I know at the end of the season players just want to go on holiday but it feels like an unnecessary event at the business of the season. Far better the night of the last game when positions in the league have been decided

The players don’t get enough time off to justify keeping them longer. I’m sure they’ll be told to behave and it’ll be fine.

Swedish hibee
28-04-2019, 10:25 PM
Who won the awards?

ArmadaleHibs
28-04-2019, 10:27 PM
Young player: Ryan Porteous
Players player: Stevie Mallan
Player of the year: stevie Mallan

matty_f
28-04-2019, 10:36 PM
Young player: Ryan Porteous
Players player: Stevie Mallan
Player of the year: stevie Mallan

Good choices.

Shrekko
28-04-2019, 11:11 PM
Rocky and Lewis were the other 2 nominations for the main award.

AgentDaleCooper
28-04-2019, 11:43 PM
Mallan has certainly expanded his capabilities over the course of the season, but this has also seemed to be to the detriment of his goal scoring. I would probably argue that Lewis was the most consistent player over the year, and that if he'd been here since the start of the season, the award would have gone to Omeonga. If we had seen Hecky's Horgan while Lennon was here then he would have been up there too. I also think Daz and SDG have been immense.

Still very pleased for Mallan, he'll kick on and be a great player over the next couple of years, especially if he can work on finding more space to shoot, as we all know what that brings :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Northernhibee
28-04-2019, 11:55 PM
Had a brief chat with Hecky and he’s brilliant. Happy at the club and super driven. Top guy.