PDA

View Full Version : 4th Official

ekhibee
28-04-2019, 06:11 PM
I was just driving back from the game and there was a quick clip of an interview with Heckingbottom by Brian the Jambo McLaughlin who said that he'd never seen Paul so animated. Heckingbottom replied that he was upset because the 4th official swore at him. Apologies if this has already been posted by the way. I just wondered if this is something that might be taken further?

Carheenlea
28-04-2019, 06:36 PM
I was just driving back from the game and there was a quick clip of an interview with Heckingbottom by Brian the Jambo McLaughlin who said that he'd never seen Paul so animated. Heckingbottom replied that he was upset because the 4th official swore at him. Apologies if this has already been posted by the way. I just wondered if this is something that might be taken further?

Heckingbottom has said he won’t be taking it any further, but explained that was the reason he was so animated and lost his temper at the fourth official was due to what he had shouted at him.
Haven’t seen him so angry since his arrival, so the fourth official has obviously over stepped the mark, but I suppose they get plenty back in their direction. Probably why the manager knows it’s best left at that.

delbert
28-04-2019, 06:57 PM
Heckingbottom has said he won’t be taking it any further, but explained that was the reason he was so animated and lost his temper at the fourth official was due to what he had shouted at him.
Haven’t seen him so angry since his arrival, so the fourth official has obviously over stepped the mark, but I suppose they get plenty back in their direction. Probably why the manager knows it’s best left at that.

Managers and players give it out big style, bit precious to complain if you for once get it back !

-Jonesy-
28-04-2019, 06:58 PM
Managers and players give it out big style, bit precious to complain if you for once get it back !

Doesn’t mean Hecky himself had been abusive or aggressive up that point though

bingo70
28-04-2019, 07:08 PM

Has Heckingbottom given it out big style though?

Eyrie
28-04-2019, 07:34 PM

I'd agree where fans are involved, but surely the fourth official should be trying to calm things down and not aggravate the situation?

hibby6270
28-04-2019, 07:40 PM
Hecky said in his BBC interview that if he’d been spoken to like that by anyone outwith a football match, “he’d have knocked the guys teeth out”!!!

Sounds like our new gaffer is NOT somebody to be messed with.:greengrin

Jim44
28-04-2019, 07:50 PM
Hecky said in his BBC interview that if he’d been spoken to like that by anyone outwith a football match, “he’d have knocked the guys teeth out”!!!

The muppets on KB are making a big thing about this and are saying the PH will land a huge touch line ban for his comments. :faf::faf::faf:

cabbageandribs1875
28-04-2019, 08:03 PM

and kept on probing him about it hoping the heck would slip up

H18 SFR
28-04-2019, 08:11 PM
Is it true the fourth official said F off you c?

Jim44
28-04-2019, 08:42 PM

Rumour has it he said ‘F off you Hibby c.....’ :greengrin

noz
28-04-2019, 08:49 PM
don’t really know him but he used to sit near me, he works for Standard Life.

Hibbyradge
28-04-2019, 08:51 PM

F off you fenian Hibby cu** is what I heard.

JimBHibees
28-04-2019, 08:56 PM

Who is it?

3pm
28-04-2019, 08:56 PM
The 4th official is a Falkirk fan, he’ll get his next week! 😂

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2019, 08:58 PM

To be fair the 4th official did ask for advice about root canal treatment :)

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2019, 08:59 PM

So is it true that Financial services is full of Jambos? Bet Fred the Shred is a yam...

hibbydog
28-04-2019, 09:10 PM

Not hibs class I’m afraid.

Leave that hot headed nonsense to Craig Levein

Greenbeard
28-04-2019, 09:12 PM
Not defending the 4th official or the alleged swearing, but I have often wondered what is the point wasting your breath as a manager complaining to the 4th official? Lennon did/does it a lot. What good can possibly come of it, other than occasionally getting yourself sent to the stand? I get that players/managers will bump their gums to the ref, or linesman, in the hope that the officials might eventually think they have been unfavourable to them and then later give them the benefit of a decision, but the 4th official?
Picture the scene. Officials dressing room at half-time over a cup of tea:
4th official to ref: "Mmmm, nice custard creams. By the way, Mr Heckingbottom has made numerous complaints about your decisions, more so than Mr Levein. Maybe you've been a bit harsh on Hibs and need to even things up a bit in the second half?"
Ref: Oh, have I? I didn't realise. Just called it as I saw it, but maybe you're right. I'll give Hibs a few decisions to keep him happy."
Nah.

we are hibs
28-04-2019, 09:12 PM
Not hibs class I’m afraid.

Leave that hot headed nonsense to Craig Levein

This ***** wasn't trotted out when it was wee lenny doing this kind of thing.

Seveno
28-04-2019, 09:13 PM
The 4th official was Gavin Duncan. Never heard of him.

hibbydog
28-04-2019, 09:15 PM
This ***** wasn't trotted out when it was wee lenny doing this kind of thing.

Didn’t enjoy his outbursts either TBH

overdrive
28-04-2019, 09:30 PM
The 4th official was Gavin Duncan. Never heard of him.

Me neither. Google brings up a story about how he sent a deaf player off in the Juniors because he couldn’t hear the whistle.

Seveno
28-04-2019, 09:34 PM
Me neither. Google brings up a story about how he sent a deaf player off in the Juniors because he couldn’t hear the whistle.

😂😂😂

Sums it all up perfectly.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2019, 09:35 PM
Not defending the 4th official or the alleged swearing, but I have often wondered what is the point wasting your breath as a manager complaining to the 4th official? Lennon did/does it a lot. What good can possibly come of it, other than occasionally getting yourself sent to the stand? I get that players/managers will bump their gums to the ref, or linesman, in the hope that the officials might eventually think they have been unfavourable to them and then later give them the benefit of a decision, but the 4th official?
Picture the scene. Officials dressing room at half-time over a cup of tea:
4th official to ref: "Mmmm, nice custard creams. By the way, Mr Heckingbottom has made numerous complaints about your decisions, more so than Mr Levein. Maybe you've been a bit harsh on Hibs and need to even things up a bit in the second half?"
Ref: Oh, have I? I didn't realise. Just called it as I saw it, but maybe you're right. I'll give Hibs a few decisions to keep him happy."
Nah.

Exactly presumably (there must be rationale rather than p-Ing in the wind) the 4th official is wired up and can relay stuff to refs and linos (do they give coaching/feedback on performance during the game?) otherwise what indeedy is the point?

greenlex
28-04-2019, 09:39 PM
He’s hardly being precious is he? He’s not complaining at all. He was asked why he was so animated and he answered. In fact he said if it had been anywhere else he’d have knocked his teeth out. He was asked a specific question and gave a specific answer and added he wouldn’t be taking it further when further asked if it was something he was considering. Nothing precious in that.

hibbysam
28-04-2019, 11:37 PM
Used to think he was alright, but the throwing a second ball on to get the game going quicker, then his subsequent staring down of McNulty who refused to put the second ball off was staggering. Thankfully Robbie Stockdale gave him it stinking for it. Bizarre, as was Thomson’s insistence of hibs speeding everything up after they time wasted from minute one until they went 1-0 down.

Swedish hibee
29-04-2019, 02:38 AM
Go on Hecky- knock him out👊👊👊👊👊

BlackSheep
29-04-2019, 06:55 AM
I’ve heard that the 4th official called Hecky an effing 🔔 end... if true then that is definitely worse than saying ‘effing calm down’ or ‘sit the eff down’ it’s a derogatory remark towards him, and if true the 4th official should be suspended for a while as punishment.

hibbyfraelibby
29-04-2019, 09:42 AM

The only people who know what was said will be Hecky, Robbie and the 4th so there is no rumour just someone making it up.

I'm Spartacus
29-04-2019, 01:44 PM

F off you fenian Hibby cu** is what I heard.

Well that escalated quickly!!!

If it was 3 then the Police and Scottish Government would be involved.
If it was 2 then the SFA would be involved.
If it was 1 then he wouldn't take it any further.

macca70
29-04-2019, 04:40 PM
IHecky’s comments about knocking his teeth out are quite ironic, the 4th official doesn’t have any front teeth due to an accident a few years ago!!

Wakeyhibee
29-04-2019, 05:52 PM
IHecky’s comments about knocking his teeth out are quite ironic, the 4th official doesn’t have any front teeth due to an accident a few years ago!!

If that is as you say, it makes more sense now with his grin when he said it. I was sat behind the Hearts dugout and the Hearts bench were far more animated the whole game, than ours. PH and his team got on with their own jobs, talking about what they were watching tactically, getting instructions onto the park etc...

So I was surprised to see him being pulled back from by tge waist from Combe I think it was. it must have been something bad. There was plenty of decisions to lose the plot over. PH seemed calm bar this one occasion