PDA

View Full Version : Question Dugouts

TelaStella
28-04-2019, 03:37 PM
Heard a lot about it but still no idea as to what actually happened in regards to the 4th official. Anyone actually see it or able to catch hecky’s post match interview as I missed that anaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuzzywuzzy
28-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Hecckingbottom basically said he'd have punched his lights out if said in another environment. Was sworn at by fourth official

Touchline ban coming up

truehibernian
28-04-2019, 03:45 PM
Fourth swore at him and PH launched a tirade at him which ended with calling him (the fourth) something ending in 'end' - was warned at half time he'd be sent off if he swore at the official again.

Bishop Hibee
28-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Hecckingbottom basically said he'd have punched his lights out if said in another environment. Was sworn at by fourth official

Touchline ban coming up

Why? The fourth official should be banned if he swore at him.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2019, 03:48 PM

Touchline ban coming up

Why? What did he do wrong?

Fuzzywuzzy
28-04-2019, 03:55 PM
Why? What did he do wrong?

This is the spfl we're talking about. They don't like their officials actions being challenged/questioned (unless of course you are with a specific club)

CMac1988
28-04-2019, 03:59 PM
Why? What did he do wrong?Said he'd have punched his teeth out if it had been elsewhere. Expect a slap on the wrist for both. Well within his right to be aggrieved if sworn at needlessly by someone who'd be the first to comment to the ref if it was the other way around.

No issue with the manager sticking up for himself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
28-04-2019, 04:05 PM
Referees swear at players quite often. They don't like it when they get it back and ultimately they hold the power in such a situation.

I played in a Scottish Youth Cup tie a few years back and complained to the ref about an opponent constantly stealing yards at throw ins and free kicks. He told me to '****ing shut it' then a few minutes later explained it was 'only 2 yards you prick'. That referee now regularly officiates at the higher levels in Scottish football.

allezsauzee
28-04-2019, 04:13 PM
I thought it was fairly informative as to what the fourth official's priorities were when he threw on another ball to help Hearts take a quick throw. First time I've seen the multiball system in the SPFL.

bigwheel
28-04-2019, 04:16 PM
I thought it was fairly informative as to what the fourth official's priorities were when he threw on another ball to help Hearts take a quick throw. First time I've seen the multiball system in the SPFL.

Great spot that...it's not allowed..was definitely an attempt to help Hearts get on with the game quickly...Stockdale pulled him up for it..was completely against protocol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thebakerboy
28-04-2019, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=allezsauzee;5775585]I thought it was fairly informative as to what the fourth official's priorities were when he threw on another ball to help Hearts take a quick throw. First time I've seen the multiball system in the SPFL.[/QUOTE
Yes and McNulty took the sting out of that by not kicking the other ball that was on the pitch out , he just left it on the pitch and walked away. Thomson then had to tell a Hearts player to get rid.

Glory Lurker
28-04-2019, 06:19 PM
Hate to say it, but I'm disappointed by Heck's comment. I don't think he can have much complaint if the disciplinary folk look in to it.

truehibernian
28-04-2019, 06:23 PM
Hate to say it, but I'm disappointed by Heck's comment. I don't think he can have much complaint if the disciplinary folk look in to it.

PH was irate because he was sworn at and during the incident swore back and basically told the 4th if it was okay for him to swear at him (PH) he'll swear back. The post match comment is poor but immediately after a game he wanted to win. The behaviour of the Hearts players and staff at their goal was embarrassing and maybe that fuelled his anger too.

Glory Lurker
28-04-2019, 06:28 PM
PH was irate because he was sworn at and during the incident swore back and basically told the 4th if it was okay for him to swear at him (PH) he'll swear back. The post match comment is poor but immediately after a game he wanted to win. The behaviour of the Hearts players and staff at their goal was embarrassing and maybe that fuelled his anger too.

I don't think that excuses the turn of phrase, unfortunately.

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 06:31 PM

Nothing wrong with what he said imo

Hibs90
28-04-2019, 06:31 PM
Referees swear at players quite often. They don't like it when they get it back and ultimately they hold the power in such a situation.

I played in a Scottish Youth Cup tie a few years back and complained to the ref about an opponent constantly stealing yards at throw ins and free kicks. He told me to '****ing shut it' then a few minutes later explained it was 'only 2 yards you prick'. That referee now regularly officiates at the higher levels in Scottish football.

Few years? :greengrin

bigwheel
28-04-2019, 06:32 PM

I was quite happy to hear it...and see his aggression on the touch line - I had wondered if he was “too nice”
That’s been answered ! :)

Hibeesmad
28-04-2019, 06:59 PM
I was sitting behind the dugout and didn't see any incident. One article says Alan Combe had to hold him back or calm him down, can't recall that happening. Not doubting anything happened as it must have but it didn't come across as obvious.

calumhibee1
28-04-2019, 07:01 PM

Strangely enough I had a similar incident in a Scottish Youth Cup tie. Went to speak to the referee after a shocker of a decision (genuinely not in a particularly aggressive manner) and was told to get to **** or he’d just send me off. I’ve no idea who the ref was or if he has moved up the ladder but it’s no surprise that referees get some of the abuse and the bad name they do.

Hibeesmad
28-04-2019, 07:09 PM
Strangely enough I had a similar incident in a Scottish Youth Cup tie. Went to speak to the referee after a shocker of a decision (genuinely not in a particularly aggressive manner) and was told to get to **** or he’d just send me off. I’ve no idea who the ref was or if he has moved up the ladder but it’s no surprise that referees get some of the abuse and the bad name they do.

Mike Dean down south is one of the worst for it.

Jones28
28-04-2019, 07:11 PM
Nothing wrong with what he said imo

I think the SFA will disagree with you

snedzuk
28-04-2019, 07:12 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48000943

PH is properly annoyed about this after the final whistle

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 07:40 PM
I think the SFA will disagree with you

Don’t really care. What he said was fine imo

Pretty Boy
28-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Few years? :greengrin

14 is a few..... 😂

CmoantheHibs
28-04-2019, 07:50 PM
14 is a few..... 😂

Agree with your thinking. Same as when I go down the pub for a few

Jones28
28-04-2019, 08:11 PM
Don’t really care. What he said was fine imo

Right, well, good talk :aok:

Joe6-2
28-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Mike Dean down south is one of the worst for it.

He’s one of those that thinks he’s more important than the game he’s officiating

marinello59
28-04-2019, 09:41 PM
I was sitting behind the dugout and didn't see any incident. One article says Alan Combe had to hold him back or calm him down, can't recall that happening. Not doubting anything happened as it must have but it didn't come across as obvious.

I’m behind the dugout as well. It happened .

Jonnyboy
28-04-2019, 09:44 PM
PH said if someone had said that to him elsewhere, he'd knock their teeth out. He did not say he'd knock the 4th official's teeth out

Heisenberg
28-04-2019, 09:53 PM
PH said if someone had said that to him elsewhere, he'd knock their teeth out. He did not say he'd knock the 4th official's teeth out

I don’t see anything wrong with what he said. Do I still expect the authorities to cite him for it? Absolutely.

Also interesting that a few Hibs fans are unhappy with what he said after the game and think it wasn’t “Hibs class”. Got to wonder how they felt when wee Lenny was here acting like he usually did.

worcesterhibby
29-04-2019, 08:04 AM
I laughed when I heard Hecky saying he would have knocked his teeth in when I first heard it, but to be honest it's a pretty unprofessional thing to say and I hope he didn't mean it. If Footballers and football managers decided to start punching people every time they get sworn at then a lot of them would be in prison. Imagine the Hibs team of the early 1970's had decided to swing a punch at Eddie Turnbull every time he swore at them !!!:greengrin

There has always been a Macho Tough man thing that goes with professional sport, but I'd prefer it if it didn't come from the Hibs manager.

jeffers
29-04-2019, 08:19 AM
I laughed when I heard Hecky saying he would have knocked his teeth in when I first heard it, but to be honest it's a pretty unprofessional thing to say and I hope he didn't mean it. If Footballers and football managers decided to start punching people every time they get sworn at then a lot of them would be in prison. Imagine the Hibs team of the early 1970's had decided to swing a punch at Eddie Turnbull every time he swore at them !!!:greengrin

There has always been a Macho Tough man thing that goes with professional sport, but I'd prefer it if it didn't come from the Hibs manager.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with what he said. I read into it, the 4th official wouldn't dare speak to him like that outwith football, so why should he get away with it at the touchline, especially if PH wasn't swearingf at him. I also like that despite coming across as a really good guy he does have that hard edge about him

Frazerbob
29-04-2019, 09:27 AM
I didn't think there was anything wrong with what he said. I read into it, the 4th official wouldn't dare speak to him like that outwith football, so why should he get away with it at the touchline, especially if PH wasn't swearingf at him. I also like that despite coming across as a really good guy he does have that hard edge about him

Exactly. It’s just giving the Lennon FC fans and ‘Lee-hun’ fannies something to grasp onto since the results aren’t giving them any ammunition.

Peevemor
29-04-2019, 09:31 AM

My sentiments entirely.