PDA

View Full Version : Sold Out? 200 empties in the FF lower

Johnny Clash
28-04-2019, 03:22 PM
I realise the club are trying to sort this out but having recently watched old highlights on tv that had the FF lower packed it was very noticeable today the rakes of empty seats. I reckon over 200!!
This is despite the exchange system and the numerous appeals from fellow supporters to release unused seats.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190428/a74fa46dd4826c306cfc5c063e3c4212.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibeeHibernian4
28-04-2019, 03:23 PM
This'll be fun.

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 03:24 PM
I realise the club are trying to sort this out but having recently watched old highlights on tv that had the FF lower packed it was very noticeable today the rakes of empty seats. I reckon over 200!!
This is despite the exchange system and the numerous appeals from fellow supporters to release unused seats.

Don’t think you can release seats in the FFL

B.H.F.C
I think you need to work out what ‘sold out’ actually means.

Hermit Crab

Well if you had read the terms and conditions of the exchange system you'd know that seats in the FFL cannot be released for resale...:rolleyes:

elevengoats

Why can't this be sorted out? Really baffles me.

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 03:25 PM

What do you suggest?

GreenCastle
28-04-2019, 03:25 PM
Hearts end had over 200 empty also in upper tier and lower tier closest to main stand.

The FF issue has been known for a while - it’s a joke really as has those tickets been for sale today another Hibs fan would have bought them.

You can’t do ticket exchange for FF.

You can only email ticket office to let them know you can’t make it.

Obviously people aren’t doing that - hence empty spaces which were predicted during the week.

wookie70
28-04-2019, 03:26 PM
Fitba daft U12s might be playing on a Sunday and the early KO will have meant they can't attend and therefore neither can their Mum/Dad and possibly siblings. The East was much better this week that has been the emptiest of the stands recently imo

Hermit Crab
28-04-2019, 03:26 PM
What do you suggest?

Get rid of the "family" section as its very rarely full anyway. Would be no great loss.

DC_Hibs
28-04-2019, 03:27 PM

Anything new to add to countless other mentions in previous years?

Sun’s oot, go and enjoy yourself in the garden pal.
Life’s too short to run to the keyboard about this type of thing.

All the best

CLASS OF 72 -73
28-04-2019, 03:28 PM

Agree its embarrassing.Our biggest game and its like f..... Rugby park sometimes

HibbyAndy
28-04-2019, 03:28 PM
The hibs end was sold out , These empty seats are paid for

As for the hearts end , Pathetic

elevengoats
28-04-2019, 03:29 PM
Hearts end had over 200 empty also in upper tier and lower tier closest to main stand.

The FF issue has been known for a while - it’s a joke really as has those tickets been for sale today another Hibs fan would have bought them.

You can’t do ticket exchange for FF.

You can only email ticket office to let them know you can’t make it.

Obviously people aren’t doing that - hence empty spaces which were predicted during the week.

What's the reason they don't allow the ticket exchange there?

tamig
28-04-2019, 03:31 PM
I sit in there and it annoys me too. Will be interesting to see what difference - if any - the new ST rules for the FF lower make. I really don’t understand why the seats can’t be released like the rest of the ground though.

makaveli1875
28-04-2019, 03:32 PM
What's the reason they don't allow the ticket exchange there?

I guess the board must like it being 3/4 empty for regular games and half empty for big games .

we are hibs
28-04-2019, 03:34 PM
Surprised there hasn't been any "wHaT aBoUt ThE eAsT sTaNd?" Posts yet. The atmosphere was dire until we scored. Doesn't help when it's not allowed to build pre match due to terrible music bursting everyone's ear drums.

Keith_M
28-04-2019, 03:35 PM
Get rid of the "family" section as its very rarely full anyway. Would be no great loss.

Yeah, cause ill thought out, snap decisions are always the way to go.

tamig
28-04-2019, 03:36 PM
Surprised there hasn't been any "wHaT aBoUt ThE eAsT sTaNd?" Posts yet. The atmosphere was dire until we scored. Doesn't help when it's not allowed to build pre match due to terrible music bursting everyone's ear drums.

Thought the music today was decent.

Johnny Clash
Anything new to add to countless other mentions in previous years?

Sun’s oot, go and enjoy yourself in the garden pal.
Life’s too short to run to the keyboard about this type of thing.

All the best

Cheers and thanks for your concern but I can only point out the obvious ... you’re actually posting on a discussion thread? Ok I get that you know it all regards the empty seats so would you not be better following your own advice instead of typing furiously about something you’re not even interested in? The rest of us can then discuss in peace.

Peace be with you ! [emoji1184][emoji3]

Hermit Crab
Yeah, cause ill thought out, snap decisions are always the way to go.

Family section does wonders for pizza and chips sales. Thats about it.

tamig
28-04-2019, 03:40 PM

What do you think the point of having a family section is? You might even consider using it yourself in the not too distant future rather than just spouting nonsense like this.

HibbyAndy
28-04-2019, 03:40 PM

No really , The family section hasn't sold chips all season

Lago
28-04-2019, 03:47 PM
Yip, a parent & child combo season ticket for any section of the ground.

elevengoats
28-04-2019, 03:50 PM
I'm new to Hibernian, so don't really know the history of how various sections in the stadium have developed. But coming in cold, two things that really surprised me were (1) Why a group of fans who are trying to build some atmosphere are placed in the very corner of the stadium; (2) Why the area behind goal is totally deserted most of the time - I'm used to seeing the most active fans located there to cheer the team forward.

Just some observations. I'm sure there are good reasons I'm not aware of. :)

Diclonius
28-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Ah, the Famous Five Lower, the stand where the seats are pre-sold at the start of the season to The Invisible People. They turn up every week without fail, too - so don't even try to buy a ticket there!

Mikey
28-04-2019, 03:56 PM
I sit in there and it annoys me too. Will be interesting to see what difference - if any - the new ST rules for the FF lower make. I really don’t understand why the seats can’t be released like the rest of the ground though.

Me too. I usually have an uninterrupted view as the 4 seats in front of me are nearly always empty, but there was a guy sitting in one of them today. I've seen him once before and he didn't come back for the second half. Hopefully the change in pricing will make it less attractive for him to renew and a family can go in there.

Jones28
28-04-2019, 04:10 PM
I'm new to Hibernian, so don't really know the history of how various sections in the stadium have developed. But coming in cold, two things that really surprised me were (1) Why a group of fans who are trying to build some atmosphere are placed in the very corner of the stadium; (2) Why the area behind goal is totally deserted most of the time - I'm used to seeing the most active fans located there to cheer the team forward.

Trust me, you're not the only one asking these questions.

The singing section used to be in the East stand but they requested a move the ff upper to try and move the atmosphere throughout the stadium.

The section behind the goals is billed as a "family section". So people with kids were buying an adult season ticket for full price but getting a kids one for £25 to basically reserve it and upgrade the ticket for the bigger games. I think.

The 90+2
28-04-2019, 04:14 PM
Fitba daft U12s might be playing on a Sunday and the early KO will have meant they can't attend and therefore neither can their Mum/Dad and possibly siblings. The East was much better this week that has been the emptiest of the stands recently imo

It always seems to be the same section though.

GreenCastle
28-04-2019, 04:15 PM

The logical idea is signing section lower tier.

Move family section to lower west or even lower corner of East or even just have family packages around the stadium.

The empty seats and having our loudest fans furthest away from the pitch / away support hasn’t worked. Nothing against the section just the idea to have it there hasn’t improved the atmosphere.

I would also cut away fans allocation of smashing up the stadium / breaking seats but ££ talks and seems Hibs aren’t interested same as seats sold so doesn’t matter if it looks bad on TV / fans don’t show up.

HappyAsHellas
28-04-2019, 04:31 PM

This, 100%

Diclonius
28-04-2019, 04:54 PM

The singing section used to be in the East stand but they requested a move the ff upper to try and move the atmosphere throughout the stadium.

The section behind the goals is billed as a "family section". So people with kids were buying an adult season ticket for full price but getting a kids one for £25 to basically reserve it and upgrade the ticket for the bigger games. I think.

We've apparently changed the rules this season so that you can no longer upgrade the tickets. Not sure to what extent that will fix the problem though.

The FFL should be for the noisiest section of the fans like 90% of club grounds in the world, not a section of fans who - for good reason or not - do not make games half the time. As it stands we don't "sell out" any games at ER, because tickets aren't sold/resold in there: a more truthful description would be "sold out except Famous Five Lower".

A far more reasonable option would be to have some sort of cut price deal for children's ST throughout the entire stadium and delegate the FFL to the singing section.

marinello59
28-04-2019, 05:02 PM
I’m struggling to think of a new topic to have a whinge about. I’ll have a thread started soon enough though :greengrin

Onceinawhile
28-04-2019, 05:04 PM
We've apparently changed the rules this season so that you can no longer upgrade the tickets. Not sure to what extent that will fix the problem though.

The FFL should be for the noisiest section of the fans like 90% of club grounds in the world, not a section of fans who - for good reason or not - do not make games half the time. As it stands we don't "sell out" any games at ER, because tickets aren't sold/resold in there: a more truthful description would be "sold out except Famous Five Lower".

A far more reasonable option would be to have some sort of cut price deal for children's ST throughout the entire stadium and delegate the FFL to the singing section.

If all the tickets in the FFL are sold, then its sold out...

R. E. The ticket exchange, my two couldn't make it, so I told the club who confirmed they'd released them, but whe. I went online they weren't available. If someone bought them, they didn't show up!

Diclonius
28-04-2019, 05:05 PM
If all the tickets in the FFL are sold, then its sold out...

R. E. The ticket exchange, my two couldn't make it, so I told the club who confirmed they'd released them, but whe. I went online they weren't available. If someone bought them, they didn't show up!

I was under the impression that there was no sale in the FFL to non-ST holders since the Ross County debacle, and they also weren't available for resale. Apologies if I was wrong.

Onceinawhile
28-04-2019, 05:15 PM
I was under the impression that there was no sale in the FFL to non-ST holders since the Ross County debacle, and they also weren't available for resale. Apologies if I was wrong.

They're still available for sale as far as I'm aware.

erin go bragh
28-04-2019, 05:31 PM

They can’t be upgraded to an adult ticket but you can inform the ticket office and they will resale them but no money is paid to the holder ,unlike the other areas of the ground.

Keith_M
28-04-2019, 05:32 PM
Anybody that has a ticket and doesn't turn up should be hung, drawn and quartered.

That'll sort them!

hibbyfraelibby
28-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Went to Tesco for a tin of beans and there were none for sale. Sold out mate the shop assistant said. So I went home and had a pot noodle instead and afterwards told my neighbour I couldn't buy a tin of beans.

He told me he had a tin of beans he bought out of Tesco in his cupboard but told me he had spaghetti hoops for his tea instead.

I told him he was a selfish barsteward and he should have taken them.back to Tesco so I could buy them.

Get my drift?

Keith_M
28-04-2019, 05:54 PM
I’m struggling to think of a new topic to have a whinge about. I’ll have a thread started soon enough though :greengrin

There's currently none about The Admins.

:wink:

Keith_M
28-04-2019, 05:54 PM
Went to Tesco for a tin of beans and there were none for sale. Sold out mate the shop assistant said. So I went home and had a pot noodle instead and afterwards told my neighbour I couldn't buy a tin of beans.

He told me he had a tin of beans he bought out of Tesco in his cupboard but told me he had spaghetti hoops for his tea instead.

I told him he was a selfish barsteward and he should have taken them.back to Tesco so I could buy them.

Get my drift?

Ehhhhh, naw.

Weegreenman
28-04-2019, 05:57 PM
What do you suggest?

I suggest we move the family section elsewhere. Get some terracing behind the goal and get the fans bouncing in that area of the stadium :flag:

Apparently this can’t be done, won’t be done and we can’t discuss the issue for fear of reprisals from wee Johnny and his mates who like to turn up whenever they don’t have a Saturday afternoon kickoff time for the club they play for. Time for radical thinking.....over to you Leeann :greengrin

Keith_M
28-04-2019, 06:01 PM
I suggest we move the family section elsewhere. Get some terracing behind the goal and get the fans bouncing in that area of the stadium :flag:

Apparently this can’t be done, won’t be done and we can’t discuss the issue for fear of reprisals from wee Johnny and his mates who like to turn up whenever they don’t have a Saturday afternoon kickoff time for the club they play for. Time for radical thinking.....over to you Leeann :greengrin

It's really easy to do... if you don't want to consider what the actual consequences would be of moving it.

That's why I'm glad that the people in charge of our club refuse to do anything without giving it reasonable thought.

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 06:03 PM

Get my drift?

Wait, what???

Weegreenman
28-04-2019, 06:06 PM
It's really easy to do... if you don't want to consider what the actual consequences would be of moving it.

That's why I'm glad that the people in charge of our club refuse to do anything without giving it reasonable thought.

So so what would be the actual consequences?? I think it would make for a much better atmosphere and spectacle than the one we currently get. Easter Road isn’t what it once was. This makes me sad.
I

Speedy
28-04-2019, 06:07 PM

Get my drift?

Haha, what a load of mince :greengrin

Jack Hackett
28-04-2019, 06:14 PM
Haha, what a load of mince :greengrin

Beans, actually... but made me laugh :greengrin

H18 SFR
28-04-2019, 06:19 PM

Christ I'm dead centre in that when off on the sick.

Blaster
28-04-2019, 06:23 PM

Aye but a Johnny come lately wanted a ticket instead. How dare they

Blaster
28-04-2019, 06:25 PM
So so what would be the actual consequences?? I think it would make for a much better atmosphere and spectacle than the one we currently get. Easter Road isn’t what it once was. This makes me sad.
I

Where are these missing out fans at the other games??

Keith_M
28-04-2019, 06:28 PM
I

OK, as you claim to be unable to think things through for yourself, I'll go along...

Say there are roughly 1,500 people with Season Tickets in the FF Lower (there's actually more than that), what part of the ground do you propose moving them into that would allow groups that sit together to continue to do so?

As we're now at a record level of ST holders, the only available seats in the other two stands are mostly in the end sections. The reason they're empty is because most people don't rate the view.

So, you could tell those 1,500 people to move to other parts of the ground and just take their chances regarding sitting in the same groups and also having a worse view.

Then there's the now empty 2,000 seat section in the FF Lower. There's absolutely no evidence been presented by anybody that a large number of people would be willing to move in there and take their place. Plenty people keep saying there is, based on no evidence, and many of those have also stated that they themselves wouldn't be willing to move, thereby undermining their own argument.

So, at least 1,500 loyal fans p1ssed off by being forced to move possibly to sit in a crap part of the ground, staring at a nearly empty FF Lower.

Aye, that's a rare idea right enough.

Jones28
28-04-2019, 06:34 PM

Get my drift?

So...what flavour of pot noodle was it?

jgl07
28-04-2019, 06:48 PM

They stopped being people able to upgrade Lower FF tickets to ensure that they did not buy £25 season tickets and use them for adults in the big games.

It's time to get tough on the 'phantom' season tickets with a 'use it or lose it' policy.

tamig
28-04-2019, 07:11 PM
They stopped being people able to upgrade Lower FF tickets to ensure that they did not buy £25 season tickets and use them for adults in the big games.

It's time to get tough on the 'phantom' season tickets with a 'use it or lose it' policy.

Upgrading a kids ticket to an adults is a bit different to the seat being released for resale though.

jonny
28-04-2019, 07:26 PM

This photo was either taken just before kick off or at half time. Reason I know is because I'm in my seat with my youngest son, my other 2 sons who were at the game aren't in their seats. At only 2 points was I in my seat when they weren't and that was just before kick off when they were getting a pie and at half time when they were trying to get oli shaws autograph.
Not saying the general point isn't valid but the OP has taken a photo at a time when it's likely everyone wasn't in their seats.

theonlywayisup
28-04-2019, 07:42 PM
So, at least 1,500 loyal fans p1ssed off by being forced to move possibly to sit in a crap part of the ground, staring at a nearly empty FF Lower.

That's my point exactly. Why would Hibs piss off a large number of loyal supporters by moving them?

This whole "let's move the singing section to the FFL" talk is getting extremely boring. Not going to happen.

I'm 100% sure that Hibs will be doing something to stop the no shows in the FFL. They must know who's bought a ticket and not turning up.

Weegreenman
28-04-2019, 07:45 PM
OK, as you claim to be unable to think things through for yourself, I'll go along...

Say there are roughly 1,500 people with Season Tickets in the FF Lower (there's actually more than that), what part of the ground do you propose moving them into that would allow groups that sit together to continue to do so?

As we're now at a record level of ST holders, the only available seats in the other two stands are mostly in the end sections. The reason they're empty is because most people don't rate the view.

So, you could tell those 1,500 people to move to other parts of the ground and just take their chances regarding sitting in the same groups and also having a worse view.

Then there's the now empty 2,000 seat section in the FF Lower. There's absolutely no evidence been presented by anybody that a large number of people would be willing to move in there and take their place. Plenty people keep saying there is, based on no evidence, and many of those have also stated that they themselves wouldn't be willing to move, thereby undermining their own argument.

Your raging eh? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2019, 07:50 PM
That's my point exactly. Why would Hibs piss off a large number of loyal supporters by moving them?

This whole "let's move the singing section to the FFL" talk is getting extremely boring. Not going to happen.

I'm 100% sure that Hibs will be doing something to stop the no shows in the FFL. They must know who's bought a ticket and not turning up.

The club pissed off many a hibs fan when they put bench seating in the cave and moved everyone out who had stood there for years. They also pissed of supporters who had stood in the old east stand when they built the new one.

If the club think they can make money buy inviting huns into hospitality, they will piss fans off. You sound as if the club never piss fans off?

Kaff
28-04-2019, 08:00 PM
This photo was either taken just before kick off or at half time. Reason I know is because I'm in my seat with my youngest son, my other 2 sons who were at the game aren't in their seats. At only 2 points was I in my seat when they weren't and that was just before kick off when they were getting a pie and at half time when they were trying to get oli shaws autograph.
Not saying the general point isn't valid but the OP has taken a photo at a time when it's likely everyone wasn't in their seats.

Good point.
Also now as far as I know even if tickets are made available for resale I don't think you are allowed to buy a ticket in the FFL without having a child in your group.
Now that is in the right spirit of a family stand but it also explains why there could be empty seats although they've been made available by the ST holder as there simply might not be enough people looking for a ticket with children in their group?

I go back to when we had 7 to 8000 ST holders and everyone was encouraged to get money into the club so manager had guaranteed funds to plan with, we bought then and still do now knowing we'll only get to potentially 5-8 games a season. What is the situation now, are we to b@gger off while those who cherry pick their games and wont back us when the going gets tough get what they want?
As an aside I've managed 1 league game this season but made 2 home euro games, Celtic in the cup and 2 away games and always release our seats when I know I definitely won't be travelling.
Travel for us is from Orkney and can cost £250 per game including accommodation, season tickets for 5 that are in our family will cost nearly £1000, I would be surprised there's not a large number of supporters in a similar position but see it as their way to positively contribute to the club.
I'm sure there's an American based fan on here who buys a season ticket at full price from the relegation year who hasn't been to a game but the club gets his money.
We've had a few things to be embarrassed about over the years but people putting money into the club and not expecting full return for it is not one of them imo

BH1875
28-04-2019, 08:04 PM
Every game that’s ‘sold out’ why is the lower FF always half empty? Is it just ST holders not turning up? It’s a bit of a joke

jonny
28-04-2019, 08:15 PM
Every game that’s ‘sold out’ why is the lower FF always half empty? Is it just ST holders not turning up? It’s a bit of a joke

Where's the 'joke'? It's because it's a family stand and quite often people with families have other priorities to manage as well as attending a football match.
I have a season ticket in the FF lower along with my 3 kids. We were there today but occasionally due to early kick offs and a clash with the kids football we are late or can't make it. Late night midweek games are often too late for them with school in the morning so I don't take them then either. Also, being part of a large family means we regularly have other engagements or commitments that trump the game.
Along with my dad that comes we've paid about £900 for season tickets for next season, add to that 3 full kids kits and some other merchandise through the season and I'd say we do our bit.
If I know I'm not making it I'll release our tickets but that option is only available for specific games.
I don't feel guilty or embarrassed when I can't attend. I'm satisfied in myself that I'm raising 3 future Hibs supporters who in their lives will probably invest in the club and I'm also doing more than a great number of the arm chair keyboard warriors having a pop at families for not attending every game and leaving an empty seat that they've paid for.
There are numerous families in the same position as me, that's one of the reasons there are spaces.

Jones28
28-04-2019, 08:19 PM
It's because it's a family stand and quite often people with families have other priorities to manage as well as attending a football match.
I have a season ticket in the FF lower along with my 3 kids. We were there today but occasionally due to early kick offs and a clash with the kids football we are late or can't make it. Late night midweek games are often too late for them with school in the morning so I don't take them then either. Also, being part of a large family means we regularly have other engagements or commitments that trump the game.
Along with my dad that comes we've paid about £900 for season tickets for next season, add to that 3 full kids kits and some other merchandise through the season and I'd say we do our hit.
If I know I'm not making it I'll release our tickets but that option is only available for specific games.
I don't feel guilty or embarrassed when I can't attend. I'm satisfied in myself that I'm raising 3 future Hibs supporters who in their lives will probably invest in the club and I'm also doing more than a great number of the arm chair keyboard warriors having a pop at families for kit attending every game and leaving an empty seat that they've paid for.

Good post. It's absolutely fair play that you guys will release seats as and when you can.

I think it frustrates however that every fan can't release seats as and when they want, and like today we saw swathes of empty seats in the FF end again.

Speedy
28-04-2019, 08:20 PM

If anyone really wanted to take the piss they'd just use the kids ticket.

Kaff
28-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Where's the 'joke'? It's because it's a family stand and quite often people with families have other priorities to manage as well as attending a football match.
Along with my dad that comes we've paid about £900 for season tickets for next season, add to that 3 full kids kits and some other merchandise through the season and I'd say we do our bit.
I don't feel guilty or embarrassed when I can't attend. I'm satisfied in myself that I'm raising 3 future Hibs supporters who in their lives will probably invest in the club and I'm also doing more than a great number of the arm chair keyboard warriors having a pop at families for not attending every game and leaving an empty seat that they've paid for.
There are numerous families in the same position as me, that's one of the reasons there are spaces.

👍And I'm sure your story is the same as many others in the stand too

theonlywayisup
28-04-2019, 08:21 PM

It also doesn't help that this game was only announced 3-4 weeks ago. My group was down by two because of other activities for this reason.

Shrekko
28-04-2019, 08:22 PM
Don’t know why people get upset when this fact is pointed out. When a Hibs game was a sell out in the past - and recent past at that, the ground looked packed... but now it’s nothing like it.

Sell outs at other grounds tend to look like sell-outs. It’s therefore a point of curiousity.

We all know people have priorities etc etc and accept it... it’s just weirdly more prevalent at Hibs that people who buy tickets don’t go. Yes, it’s fine for the club if tickets are sold but surely we’d all like to see a packed ground?

BH1875
28-04-2019, 08:25 PM

So unless the game is at 3 o’clock on a Saturday the stand will be half empty? And if that’s the case then people who are in that stand should be making a conscious effort to make sure they release their tickets. So yes I personally think it is a bit of a joke.

Hibeesforever
28-04-2019, 08:26 PM
If anyone really wanted to take the piss they'd just use the kids ticket.

I have thought about this but couldn't think of anything more embarrassing than being caught. My fiance couldn't upgrade today but we were able to buy a full price adult ticket instead as she was part of our group with my son. My view is the club have it wrong via the no upgrade rule but at least allowed my fiance to attend so fair play on their intention.

Kaff
28-04-2019, 08:27 PM
Good post. It's absolutely fair play that you guys will release seats as and when you can.

I think it frustrates however that every fan can't release seats as and when they want, and like today we saw swathes of empty seats in the FF end again.

To be clear, we release our seats for any game we can't attend. The club policy now is that they can't be re-bought by someone who isn't taking a child, I suspect then that those supporters without children are buying where this restriction doesn't apply and so far there have been plenty South stand seats available for them.
I've a feeling the club might be looking at the way the family stand is operated and the price increases will be part of that, we're not saving a big lot being in there and we don't get the potential of exchange money back either so could see a few changes coming I feel

Jones28
28-04-2019, 08:31 PM
To be clear, we release our seats for any game we can't attend. The club policy now is that they can't be re-bought by someone who isn't taking a child, I suspect then that those supporters without children are buying where this restriction doesn't apply and so far there have been plenty South stand seats available for them.
I've a feeling the club might be looking at the way the family stand is operated and the price increases will be part of that, we're not saving a big lot being in there and we don't get the potential of exchange money back either so could see a few changes coming I feel

Right, so unless you're taking a child with you you cannot buy a released ticket in the FF?

Seems ludicrous. It's pretty obvious to me that the idea of a family section is a bit redundant.

Kaff
28-04-2019, 08:35 PM
Don’t know why people get upset when this fact is pointed out. When a Hibs game was a sell out in the past - and recent past at that, the ground looked packed... but now it’s nothing like it.

Sell outs at other grounds tend to look like sell-outs. It’s therefore a point of curiousity.

We all know people have priorities etc etc and accept it... it’s just weirdly more prevalent at Hibs that people who buy tickets don’t go. Yes, it’s fine for the club if tickets are sold but surely we’d all like to see a packed ground?

The upset people are generally those who say it's a joke to have empty seats when claiming to have sold all the seats.
I can't think there's been too many games where someone has been unable to get a ticket this season so it can't be a major problem.
Hibs are genuinely selling every seat at games and for me that is a huge step forward from where we were only a few years ago

jonny
28-04-2019, 08:37 PM
So unless the game is at 3 o’clock on a Saturday the stand will be half empty? And if that’s the case then people who are in that stand should be making a conscious effort to make sure they release their tickets. So yes I personally think it is a bit of a joke.

That's not what I said.
I said that sometimes other family commitments prevent my kids and I from attending. It does so happen that early weekend kick offs cause me problems because all 3 of my kids play youth football on weekend mornings and also night games can cause issues because by the time we get home it's too late for the kids if they have school the next day.
Even if we only went to 3 o'clock kick offs on a Saturday I'd still buy the season tickets, is that wrong?
Do you have a season ticket? Doesn't sound like it because if you did you'd know that you can only release your seat for the specific games that the club make this possible. I think there's only been 3 games this season where its been possible. We've attended 2 and released our seats for 1.
There's no joke about any of this. I invest in my season ticket and whilst we all want a full stadium every week if I can't make it then I won't let anyone shout me down for it.

Kaff
28-04-2019, 08:39 PM
Right, so unless you're taking a child with you you cannot buy a released ticket in the FF?

Seems ludicrous. It's pretty obvious to me that the idea of a family section is a bit redundant.

This is relatively new situation and I think is part of the process in actually making it a 'proper' family section.
In the past anyone could buy a ticket there and you could upgrade all categories but not anymore. As I said I think there will be more changes to come and possibly the size of area will be part of this. There has been a request that anyone not part of a group with children in it is to move to another area of the ground so that could affect quite a few

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2019, 08:40 PM
Heard it’s being renamed FFS lower

hibbyfraelibby
28-04-2019, 08:45 PM
So...what flavour of pot noodle was it?

Sweet and sour grape...

basehibby
28-04-2019, 08:53 PM

As someone who's a long time Hibby I'm equally perplexed by this policy. Having a singing section behind the goal seems a no brainer to me. They are wasted up there in the corner.

Shrekko
28-04-2019, 08:54 PM
The upset people are generally those who say it's a joke to have empty seats when claiming to have sold all the seats.
I can't think there's been too many games where someone has been unable to get a ticket this season so it can't be a major problem.
Hibs are genuinely selling every seat at games and for me that is a huge step forward from where we were only a few years ago

Fair points ... however, I still don’t think it’s strange that people would rather see the ground packed and are wondering why so many who had tickets for a derby didn’t turn up. And also why that bit of the ground has been so empty all season

Kaff
28-04-2019, 09:02 PM
Fair points ... however, I still don’t think it’s strange that people would rather see the ground packed and are wondering why so many who had tickets for a derby didn’t turn up. And also why that bit of the ground has been so empty all season

I think this season has looked more empty (and actually is more) because of the change in re-sell policy.
The club are possibly testing the water with something and seeing how many actual 'family' seats are required, previously they were slow to open the South stand until a lot of the returns had been re-sold however this year it has been announced as available quite early therefore able to accommodate all who wanted a ticket, except obviously for the likes of this Derby when we've been flying and Hearts were off form and we had big demand of course.
I would hold off criticising the club as I think there are wheels in motion and its being addressed, maybe not as quickly as some would like but did anyone seriously think 3 yrs ago we'd be complaining of this?

Hibeesmad
28-04-2019, 09:08 PM
It's frustrating for fans who would like to attend the game but can't because it's allegedly 'sold out' to then watch on the tv and see hundreds of seats empty.

Hopefully KP can bring this up as fans rep to the appropriate people who can allow these seats to be filled when people have other priorities and can't make the game. It will mean more bodies on seats which will improve the atmosphere to back the team as well as look good on the eye to those watching, potential signing targets and so on.

LeithMike
28-04-2019, 09:11 PM

Children's tickets are at concessionary rates. I would think many entertainment businesses do not provide premium seats at concessionary rates and instead use the less desirable ones. It makes economic sense, no? If Hibs could sell out the FFL at full price for a singing section and the unsold seats in end sections could be sold at lower values to families then it's a win-win, no?

I know people dont like change but it makes economic and football sense for a bit of re-jigging of the ground. I am planning on taking my kids in the next few years and would be more than happy if there was a family section in the north side of the lower west. As I'd be paying significantly less for a child's ticket, I'd be happy enough if it wasnt in a section with the best views.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2019, 09:13 PM

I think the club are trying something next season by raising the price of a childs ticket, but for me the singing section should be directly behind the goal sucking the ball in when we shoot into the FF.

Family section should be all over the ground, or in the dunbar end as a cat b season ticket.

Hibeesmad
28-04-2019, 09:14 PM
Children's tickets are at concessionary rates. I would think many entertainment businesses do not provide premium seats at concessionary rates and instead use the less desirable ones. It makes economic sense, no? If Hibs could sell out the FFL at full price for a singing section and the unsold seats in end sections could be sold at lower values to families then it's a win-win, no?

I know people dont like change but it makes economic and football sense for a bit of re-jigging of the ground. I am planning on taking my kids in the next few years and would be more than happy if there was a family section in the north side of the lower west. As I'd be paying significantly less for a child's ticket, I'd be happy enough if it wasnt in a section with the best views.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I agree with you there mate.

Hibeesmad
28-04-2019, 09:15 PM
I think the club are trying something next season by raising the price of a childs ticket, but for me the singing section should be directly behind the goal sucking the ball in when we shoot into the FF.

Family section should be all over the ground, or in the dunbar end as a cat b season ticket.

Also agree.

CLASS OF 72 -73
28-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Ah, the Famous Five Lower, the stand where the seats are pre-sold at the start of the season to The Invisible People. They turn up every week without fail, too - so don't even try to buy a ticket there!

Every week? why do so many people still say we get 20,000 every week when normally your away every other week? Pedantic I know but irritatingly true.

monktonharp
28-04-2019, 09:27 PM
we have had the same old argument about the FF Lower for years now. for this season in particular we have had several games that kids could not go to, given the strange days/times etc. We have played games in every "day" of the week. a Tuesday for example means no kids, school in the morning and invariably no parent(s). an early Saturday or early Sunday, nae kid(s) football training or match or trampoline day/volleyball club/live too far away to make it on time/parent working until 12:30/etc etc. dozens of reasons to stop these seats being used . my granddaughter has been twice this season wit me. my Daughter complained that I had not used the ticket for her but then agreed, naw Da, should not be at most of them.

Shrekko
28-04-2019, 09:30 PM
I think this season has looked more empty (and actually is more) because of the change in re-sell policy.
The club are possibly testing the water with something and seeing how many actual 'family' seats are required, previously they were slow to open the South stand until a lot of the returns had been re-sold however this year it has been announced as available quite early therefore able to accommodate all who wanted a ticket, except obviously for the likes of this Derby when we've been flying and Hearts were off form and we had big demand of course.
I would hold off criticising the club as I think there are wheels in motion and its being addressed, maybe not as quickly as some would like but did anyone seriously think 3 yrs ago we'd be complaining of this?

You’re right - we’re in a good position and it’s now just about finding a balance. Selling seats is great, kids having tickets is great and family tickets are always a great idea but ultimately thousands of empty sold seats shows something isn’t quite right.

Record season tickets are one thing but if some of those are rarely used and cost very little it’s doesnt seem quite as impressive.

Shrekko
28-04-2019, 09:31 PM

Totally agree.

monktonharp
28-04-2019, 09:55 PM
You’re right - we’re in a good position and it’s now just about finding a balance. Selling seats is great, kids having tickets is great and family tickets are always a great idea but ultimately thousands of empty sold seats shows something isn’t quite right.

Record season tickets are one thing but if some of those are rarely used and cost very little it’s doesnt seem quite as impressive.don't think there are thousands, are they? at one game or dozens of games?

Shrekko
28-04-2019, 09:58 PM
don't think there are thousands, are they? at one game or dozens of games?

Hasn’t it been confirmed that 10-15 percent of season tickets holders are missing on match day by Leeann Dempster?

10-15% of 14,000 is a couple of thousand. When attendances get announced as 16-17000 there is surely nowhere near that in the ground is there?

monktonharp
28-04-2019, 10:02 PM
Hasn’t it been confirmed that 10-15 percent of season tickets holders are missing on match day by Leeann Dempster?

10-15% of 14,000 is a couple of thousand. When attendances get announced as 16-17000 there is surely nowhere near that in the ground is there?quite possible, but the debate was surely relating to the FF lower. thousands missing from there would mean that me and mt mate were the only ones in there.:wink:

Johnny Clash
28-04-2019, 10:08 PM

That’s not the case mate. Just checked and it was taken at 12:22, so that was seven minutes into the game. You can see players in non zoomed photo. I sent them to my mates in London who would have travelled up with me but they couldn’t get tickets. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190428/9926610d2be043c8bb57add39287483e.jpg

Shrekko
28-04-2019, 10:10 PM
quite possible, but the debate was surely relating to the FF lower. thousands missing from there would mean that me and mt mate were the only ones in there.:wink:

Nah... it was St Mirren at home midweek when you and your pal were the only 2 in the FF lower😉

jonny
28-04-2019, 10:36 PM
That’s not the case mate. Just checked and it was taken at 12:22, so that was seven minutes into the game. You can see players in non zoomed photo. I sent them to my mates in London who would have travelled up with me but they couldn’t get tickets. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190428/9926610d2be043c8bb57add39287483e.jpg

May have been just after kick off but my kids were in their seats well before 7 minutes had gone, as were the 3 kids that sit in front of us and none are in their seats in the photo.
Like I said, I wasn't arguing the fact that you had a fair point regarding empty seats (although I did highlight some of the reasons why this is happening in another post on this thread), just that if this particular photo had been taken a bit further into the game once everyone was in their seats it wouldn't have looked quite so empty.

Green Man
29-04-2019, 06:44 AM
May have been just after kick off but my kids were in their seats well before 7 minutes had gone, as were the 3 kids that sit in front of us and none are in their seats in the photo.
Like I said, I wasn't arguing the fact that you had a fair point regarding empty seats (although I did highlight some of the reasons why this is happening in another post on this thread), just that if this particular photo had been taken a bit further into the game once everyone was in their seats it wouldn't have looked quite so empty.

The game kicked off at 12:18 yesterday so there would only have been 4 minutes gone at 12:22. It was slow getting in yesterday so it wouldn’t surprise me if people still weren’t in their seat at that time.

Fuzzywuzzy
29-04-2019, 07:21 AM
There were gaps in the west, East and FF upper so let's not make out that this is restricted to the lower.

Johnny Clash
29-04-2019, 07:58 AM
There were gaps in the west, East and FF upper so let's not make out that this is restricted to the lower.

Fair points re some seats would be taken after kick off especially if queuing for pizza etc for kids, which I remember doing very well. Hopefully the new system can get us back to the days where every seat is used. I imagine everyone would be happy with that - so it’s just working out how we manage that. It’s just very frustrating when fans can’t get tickets but see loads of empty seats. My mates in London also occasionally come up for non Cat A games but due to cost they tend to focus on the big games.

hibbyfraelibby
29-04-2019, 09:37 AM
For me the Family section ST should be a CatB type ticket in the South Stand East where you dont get Hearts, Celtic or Rangers but do get priority to buy tickets in the other 3 stands at full Adult/Concession rate pre-Season. If you dont buy them pre-season then you should get a few days to purchase at full adult rate before general sale to guarantee a seat.

You could then move Since 1875 downstairs and change the dynamic at that end of the ground by putting in those new standing seats they had displayed at the Bus Shelter recently.

Onceinawhile
29-04-2019, 09:58 AM
For me the Family section ST should be a CatB type ticket in the South Stand East where you dont get Hearts, Celtic or Rangers but do get priority to buy tickets in the other 3 stands at full Adult/Concession rate pre-Season. If you dont buy them pre-season then you should get a few days to purchase at full adult rate before general sale to guarantee a seat.

You could then move Since 1875 downstairs and change the dynamic at that end of the ground by putting in those new standing seats they had displayed at the Bus Shelter recently.

And if there isn't space in the other three stands for family groups to sit together for the three Cat A games? Do i just let my 6 and 8 year old sit on their own somewhere because people are upset about a couple of empty seats that have been paid for?

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2019, 10:03 AM

Havent read the whole thread, so apologies if its already been pointed out but there are over 50 empty seats in that picture alone. If the picture want taken before kick off or half time and its representative of the whole FF lower there was a hell of a lot more than 200 empty seats.

marinello59
29-04-2019, 10:27 AM
And if there isn't space in the other three stands for family groups to sit together for the three Cat A games? Do i just let my 6 and 8 year old sit on their own somewhere because people are upset about a couple of empty seats that have been paid for?

You obviously don’t understand how this works. Every time another club offers reduced kids tickets or family offers we praise them. If Hibs do it then we whinge about it as much as we can.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2019, 10:29 AM

Its a fair point mate. Even as one who wants to see the FF lower turned into a singing section I would never accuse folk who have STs there but who cant turn up of not doing their bit … in fact if you fork out for a ST knowing you cant make all the games you are probably doing more than your bit.

From my point of view its all about improving the atmosphere and how the stadium looks on the telly. I know another respected poster on here maintains there is no evidence that giving over the FF lower to the 'ultras' guarantees it will become the all singing all dancing place folk like me hope it would, but I would maintain that of all the areas of our stadium it is the one part which has the most potential to become that, if its approached properly.

Why not make the bottom third of the East stand the family section … it would be simple enough to do and nobody could complain about the view from there. In this scenario most of the radges who the club think would scare the kids would be out of the East and in the FF lower … and lets face it, anybody who thinks putting kids in the FF lower on a Saturday protects them from hearing foul and abusive language has never sat there, so I doubt putting them in the east would change much for them :greengrin

Kaff
29-04-2019, 10:34 AM
One thing worth throwing out there, does the large number of season tickets currently being sold relate to the long term history of the child ticketing policy we have had?
I know we've had the obvious bounce of cup and promotion but it should be a worthwhile project for Hibs to identify if the kids who grew up with the £25 ticket are indeed now youth and adult ST holders, that would weigh heavily as to the onward attitude to the policy we have.

A project for Working Together, an internship for a student or something like that?

yonder1875
29-04-2019, 10:34 AM
The FFL is such a waste. It sits half empty every game when it could be put to better use.

If the signing section aren’t moving to the back of S43 like they used to be (best place IMO) then get them in the middle section 18 where they are very visible and and would really boost the atmosphere.

Kaff
29-04-2019, 10:36 AM
Its a fair point mate. Even as one who wants to see the FF lower turned into a singing section I would never accuse folk who have STs there but who cant turn up of not doing their bit … in fact if you fork out for a ST knowing you cant make all the games you are probably doing more than your bit.

From my point of view its all about improving the atmosphere and how the stadium looks on the telly. I know another respected poster on here maintains there is no evidence that giving over the FF lower to the 'ultras' guarantees it will become the all singing all dancing place folk like me hope it would, but I would maintain that of all the areas of our stadium it is the one part which has the most potential to become that, if its approached properly.

Why not make the bottom third of the East stand the family section … it would be simple enough to do and nobody could complain about the view from there. In this scenario most of the radges who the club think would scare the kids would be out of the East and in the FF lower … and lets face it, anybody who thinks putting kids in the FF lower on a Saturday protects them from hearing foul and abusive language has never sat there, so I doubt putting them in the east would change much for them :greengrin

From my ppoint of view i think FFL i best for singing section etc but i do feel there's too much negativity towards the concept of child ticketing policy so having an area for that sits better with me

Moulin Yarns
29-04-2019, 10:45 AM

In that photo there are 7 folk standing at the back where there are no seats. I realise that isn't a huge number but if they were in their seats would you notice the difference? There may well be similar numbers in other sections of the stand who prefer to stand up the back rather than sit in their seats.

Speedy
29-04-2019, 10:57 AM
In that photo there are 7 folk standing at the back where there are no seats. I realise that isn't a huge number but if they were in their seats would you notice the difference? There may well be similar numbers in other sections of the stand who prefer to stand up the back rather than sit in their seats.

I noticed there are at least 2 seats missing from the top row of the singing section.

Anyone know why?

matty_f
29-04-2019, 11:18 AM
Heard it’s being renamed FFS lower

:greengrin

This post deserved more recognition, IMHO.

eastcoasthibby
29-04-2019, 11:22 AM
Perhaps all Family ST's in the FF should be for all non Cat A games only and if the ST's want to purchase for the Cat A game they can do so as each game comes up, therefore still guaranteeing their seat, but also ensuring they intend using it. If they don't take up the option to buy it then the seat can go on open sale. This way there is significantly less chance of empty seats and greater opportunity to maximise ticket sales...

Speedy
29-04-2019, 11:23 AM
Perhaps all Family ST's in the FF should be for all non Cat A games only and if the ST's want to purchase for the Cat A game they can do so as each game comes up, therefore still guaranteeing their seat, but also ensuring they intend using it. If they don't take up the option to buy it then the seat can go on open sale. This way there is significantly less chance of empty seats and greater opportunity to maximise ticket sales...

Would be a good compromise imo.

G B Young
29-04-2019, 11:34 AM

Not at Tynecastle. Unless the away end is fully allocated to Hibs, Celtic or Rangers fans, there are always large swathes of empty seats in there for games billed as 'sell outs'.

The crowds we've been pulling in over the last few seasons are superb IMHO. The problem with the FF lower is that because the goalmouths are the focus for TV highlights the stands behind the goals get more exposure. If folk are so hung up about the ground 'looking full' perhaps the solution is to move the singing section down there and have a family section in the upper tier?

Over 300 unsold tickets in the Hearts end yesterday BTW so it's not as though the game was a sellout anyway.

Keith_M
29-04-2019, 12:31 PM
If anybody missed out on a ticket yesterday, keep in mind that there were hundreds of seats in the East Stand (sections 44 & 45) that weren't even on sale, so maybe your beef should be with Hibs.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2019, 12:37 PM
If anybody missed out on a ticket yesterday, keep in mind that there were hundreds of seats in the East Stand (sections 44 & 45) that weren't even on sale, so maybe your beef should be with Hibs.

I wish Hibs would stop doing that, compared to most stadiums in the UK the gap between the home and away supports at Easter Road is already substantial due to the fact that the East and South are separated by the space between the two stands … leaving seats unsold in the East is overkill IMO.

hibbyfraelibby
29-04-2019, 12:47 PM

Read what I said. Buy pre-season before general sale. If you want to guarantee just buy your existing seats in the FF but pay same as those in East and West if you dont want to risk it.

It gives you options up to you to choose which one. No-one gets moved unless they want to.

percy veer
29-04-2019, 12:51 PM
What do you think the point of having a family section is? You might even consider using it yourself in the not too distant future rather than just spouting nonsense like this.
with an attitude like that I suspect he wont

PatHead
29-04-2019, 01:30 PM

Hibs stopped allowing the upgrade in the ff lower this season. The reason resales of ff lower was stopped was to stop the area being filled with adults.

Plans to sort some of the empty seats by banning adults without children and ensuring it is child friendly. The idea is to encourage the next generation of Hibs supporters.

Kaff
29-04-2019, 01:54 PM
Read what I said. Buy pre-season before general sale. If you want to guarantee just buy your existing seats in the FF but pay same as those in East and West if you dont want to risk it.

It gives you options up to you to choose which one. No-one gets moved unless they want to.

Tbh the savings are minimal and there isn't the option of sell back which could actually make an East and West ticket a little cheaper if there was ticket exchange in operation for a few games.
I think some people are criticising some supporters and/or the club without the full facts.
As has been said there's often empty seats around the ground and not just in the ffl

jgl07
29-04-2019, 02:17 PM
The game kicked off at 12:18 yesterday so there would only have been 4 minutes gone at 12:22. It was slow getting in yesterday so it wouldn’t surprise me if people still weren’t in their seat at that time.
I ended up arriving around five minutes late after a very slow bus journey. There was no delay getting in the FF Upper but there were quite long queues for the FF Lower turnstiles even after the match had started.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-04-2019, 02:49 PM
:greengrin

This post deserved more recognition, IMHO.

IThenkU :) just like a cult film - discovered only some time after :)
#TheDudeAbides

hughio
29-04-2019, 02:59 PM
IThenkU :) just like a cult film - discovered only some time after :)
#TheDudeAbides

Have a White Russian.:cb

Viva_Palmeiras
29-04-2019, 03:28 PM
Have a White Russian.:cb

“That’s what happens Larry...”

hibbysam
29-04-2019, 04:20 PM

Not yesterday there wasn’t. Both sections were pretty much full.