PDA

View Full Version : 10 league games unbeaten

Heisenberg
28-04-2019, 01:52 PM
When was the last time we did that in the top division? Very good run we’ve been on despite injury to a lot of first team players.

Diclonius
28-04-2019, 01:54 PM
Last season we made it up to 12 did we not?

Heisenberg
28-04-2019, 01:56 PM
Last season we made it up to 12 did we not?

Maybe actually, my memory isn’t the best :greengrin

GreenCastle
28-04-2019, 03:29 PM
I think I heard it was 2nd best start for a Hibs new Manager which is very impressive.

HibeeHibernian4
28-04-2019, 03:34 PM
In danger of it becoming an albatross around our necks.

If we lost at Ibrox next week and then beat Killie and Aberdeen, I'd take that over two draws and a win.

lyonhibs
28-04-2019, 03:39 PM

If we lost at Ibrox next week and then beat Killie and Aberdeen, I'd take that over two draws and a win.

What an odd post. Sounds like a lovely albatross tbf. I'll take 3 wins if we're inventing scenarios. We're only in this position for Europe to even be a possibility because of this great run.

HibeeHibernian4
28-04-2019, 03:44 PM
What an odd post. Sounds like a lovely albatross tbf. I'll take 3 wins if we're inventing scenarios. We're only in this position for Europe to even be a possibility because of this great run.

It happens quite often for clubs on unbeaten runs, that they end up drawing too many games and the 'staying unbeaten' mantra becomes a distraction. In a three game span, it's better to win two and lose one than to 'stay unbeaten' by winning one and drawing two, or even drawing all three.

tonyrougier123
28-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Incredible run of games.total commitment from all at hibs.we had an easier fixture list first half of season but we have really kicked on in the second half.strong finnish still needed tho.

Borderhibbie76
28-04-2019, 05:02 PM

If we lost at Ibrox next week and then beat Killie and Aberdeen, I'd take that over two draws and a win.Yeah we would be much better off with the 2 wins in 15 we had under Lennon earlier in season right enough...what an odd post??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
28-04-2019, 05:38 PM
It happens quite often for clubs on unbeaten runs, that they end up drawing too many games and the 'staying unbeaten' mantra becomes a distraction. In a three game span, it's better to win two and lose one than to 'stay unbeaten' by winning one and drawing two, or even drawing all three.

Agreed, but I'm not quite grasping the basis of your point though?

It's better to be on an unbeaten run than not right? So sod it, let's aim to win all 3. The day I think "well thank god that albatross is off our necks" with a defeat against Rangers because we might win the next 2 will be a cold day in hell.

Inconsequential
28-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Albatross... Albatross…. what flavour is it? It's seabird mate! :greengrin

superfurryhibby
28-04-2019, 05:50 PM

Aye, getting beaten early doors in a manager’s tenure takes away the fear of losing, right enough:confused:

In saying that I would take six points over five every time, as would anyone....unbeaten is irrelevant really, it points wot count n’that.

Keith_M
28-04-2019, 06:35 PM
Two league games without a win.

Any more and the knives will be out for Hecky.

:wink:

Hibbeejohn
29-04-2019, 06:18 PM
The point is quite simple and one the manager made before the derby. He was asked about the (then) nine-game run without defeat - six wins and three draws - and he said he would rather it had been seven wins, a draw and a defeat because that would have meant we had a point more. The value of unbeaten runs is always secondary (obviously) to points gained.

JohnMcM
29-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Albatross... Albatross…. what flavour is it? It's seabird mate! :greengrin

It's only us oldies that will understand your post.

Keith_M
29-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Hecky has had a very similar start to Bertie Auld.

Although, Auld did join us in the First Division

Peevemor
29-04-2019, 08:07 PM
Hecky has had a very similar start to Bertie Auld.

Although, Auld did join us in the First Division

We'll that's cheered me up no end.

Unseen work
29-04-2019, 09:17 PM
It’s exciting to think he has done this with such a limited squad as for the majority of games he has about 14 players to choose from.

He’s got a team with no confidence, defensive discipline and poor going forward to completely transform.

Our shape is there for everyone to see and there is a clear game plan.

I hope next season, with his recruits suited to his style we will see a good team that dominates the majority of games.

It’s time for us to be a force in Scottish football again.