PDA

View Full Version : Omeonga

we are hibs
28-04-2019, 01:47 PM
Was miles and miles ahead of every single other player on that pitch. He is quality and I will be gobsmacked if hes here next year

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2019, 01:50 PM
Was miles and miles ahead of every single other player on that pitch. He is quality and I will be gobsmacked if hes here next year

Doesnae shirk away from the physical stuff.

hibee_girl
28-04-2019, 01:51 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s here next season. Going by his social media he’s absolutely bought into being a hibs player and seems to love being here.

Pedantic_Hibee
28-04-2019, 01:51 PM
Terrific wee footballer.

Onion
28-04-2019, 02:25 PM
Great performance today. Good energy, commitment and masses of skill. Omeonga and McGregor were my MOTM.

calumhibee1
28-04-2019, 02:25 PM
Wonderful player.

norwayhibs
28-04-2019, 02:28 PM
Omeonga was my mom, best player on the park today by a mile. I would love him to be with us next season.

hhibs
28-04-2019, 02:28 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s here next season. Going by his social media he’s absolutely bought into being a hibs player and seems to love being here.

In the end it will be about money,unfortunately.

hfc rd
28-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Different class. 2nd half especially, he was skinning Clare & Smith for fun.

Hibee Mac
28-04-2019, 02:34 PM
He's got a bit of everything, fantastic wee player. One of those that just gets it as well which makes him so easy to warm to.

tonyrougier123
28-04-2019, 02:44 PM
4yr deal please.🙏

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2019, 02:47 PM
Definitely wasn't miles better than Lewis who played really well. Next to no chance he'll be here next season, Belgian u21 international with Serie A experience. That alone puts him out of our league.

Hibeesmad
28-04-2019, 02:50 PM
The type of player I think we should break the transfer record for. Put that McGinn money and the increased final placing money to use.

jst1875
28-04-2019, 02:50 PM
4yr deal please.🙏

out muscled their brick**** house at one point only for their 12th man to award a foul against him !

we are hibs
28-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Definitely wasn't miles better than Lewis who played really well. Next to no chance he'll be here next season, Belgian u21 international with Serie A experience. That alone puts him out of our league.

I mean he was a class above everyone else on the pitch but your spoiling for an argument as usual so crack on.

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 02:55 PM

He’s here now as a “Belgian u21 international with Serie A experience” so we could well see him again next season

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2019, 03:11 PM
I mean he was a class above everyone else on the pitch but your spoiling for an argument as usual so crack on.

Not at all. Lewis was as good as anyone imo. Hardly controversial.

You're the one taking a personal shot at me, please keep it on topic :aok:

scuttle
28-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Reminds me of Russel Latapy in style and ability, but his work ethic is different class

DarlingtonHibee
28-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Thought Lewis had a good second half, but distribution was not up to his usual high standard

hfc rd
28-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Thought Lewis had a good second half, but distribution was not up to his usual high standard

Almost scored a beauty just before half time. Would loved to have seen that go in.

tonyrougier123
28-04-2019, 03:58 PM
He’s here now as a “Belgian u21 international with Serie A experience” so we could well see him again next season

Exactly 👏

tonyrougier123
28-04-2019, 03:59 PM
Almost scored a beauty just before half time. Would loved to have seen that go in.

Me too had a tenner on him at 28/1 😞

ancient hibee
28-04-2019, 04:00 PM
Needs to pick his passes better for me.If he comes back he’ll be Allan’s legs I hope.

hibsbollah
28-04-2019, 04:03 PM
His balance, ball control and composure are just a joy to watch. I would absolutely love it if we could get him here next season, but he will be being watched as we speak by teams that could quadruple his wages. His online presence suggests he loves it here, so who knows.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Needs to pick his passes better for me.If he comes back he’ll be Allan’s legs I hope.

Sounds perfect to me.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2019, 04:30 PM

Ah FFS have his legs gone too? :wink:

Crab apple
28-04-2019, 04:51 PM
Best player on the park for me.

B.H.F.C
28-04-2019, 05:03 PM
Not at all. Lewis was as good as anyone imo. Hardly controversial.

You're the one taking a personal shot at me, please keep it on topic :aok:

Not Lewis’s biggest fan but thought he was good today. And, unusually, was good in an attacking sense.

Two good efforts and put one on a plate for Slivka.

Omeonga tidy on the ball but not a lot comes from it. Think he could play in the middle of the park for us no bother doesn’t give enough in the final third which is an issue when he is in one of our attacking positions.

ekhibee
28-04-2019, 06:01 PM
Omeonga was the best player by a mile today. He's adaptable as well, he can play more centrally or out on the wing. Really good player and still young, he's going to be some player in 2 or 3 years time.

Hibbyradge
28-04-2019, 06:27 PM
I realise that I'm in a minority, possibly of one, but I don't see what he brings to the team, apart from energy.

He's lightweight, his passing is poor and he can't shoot.

Lots of folk love him so I'm prepared to be change my mind, but I won't be sorry to see him leave in May.

Having said that, I've never been convinced by Kamberi or Slivka and I'm glad that McLaren is away so maybe I'm looking for unicorns.

WeeRussell
28-04-2019, 06:41 PM
I realise that I'm in a minority, possibly of one, but I don't see what he brings to the team, apart from energy.

Lots of folk love him so I'm prepared to be change my mind, but I won't be sorry to see him leave in May.

Having said that, I've never been convinced by Kamberi or Slivka and I'm glad that McLaren is away so maybe I'm looking for unicorns.

His passing and shooting could certainly be improved I’d agree. But I’m very surprised that anyone who watched that today wouldn’t be sorry to see Omeonga leave. Thought he was outstanding today and the majority of fouls and yellow cards must have been drawn by him.

Great performance again and hope we see more of this guy.

MagicSwirlingShip
28-04-2019, 06:49 PM

Jeezo. Some of the utter dugmeat midfielders we’ve had to put up with over the years and you won’t be sorry to see Stephane leave?

bingo70
28-04-2019, 06:59 PM
I’ve loved him since he signed and think he’s a good player.

I do think he’s very raw though and needs to be playing football every week so another year at us would do him the world of good.

I also thought he had one of his poorer games today, was surprised to speak to my mates after the game who had him as motm and I’m really surprised to see such a glowing thread about him on here.

Ultimately I think he’s a very good player that I’d love to see him again for us, I do think we’re getting to the stage of him being unable to do any wrong though, I think he’s a good player but probably not atbthe level some are seeing him at though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2019, 07:02 PM
Still think Gray for MOM.

truehibernian
28-04-2019, 07:07 PM

Omeonga for me, but thought Daz and Paul Hanlon played the big lad Ikpeazu really well for near enough all the game. Both were strong and it was a great set of battles. He is a handful.

MickeyEdwards
28-04-2019, 07:08 PM

Without doubt, Hibs MOM today IMHO
Terrior in the tackle, tricky skilful determined footballer with a willingness to defend and tackle opponents to recover possession for his team

He gets better every game he plays 👍

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2019, 07:20 PM

I cant see this at all. I think he has been brilliant this season but was poor today. Offered nothing going forward, rarely available for a pass from the central defenders, sleeping for the goal. I think Whittaker would've got slaughtered if he played like Gray today.

BoyledEgg
28-04-2019, 07:21 PM
I cant see this at all. I think he has been brilliant this season but was poor today. Offered nothing going forward, rarely available for a pass from the central defenders, sleeping for the goal. I think Whittaker would've got slaughtered if he played like Gray today.

Offered nothing going forward apart from being involved in the build up to the goal.

Unseen work
28-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Played well and showed great skill today.

If he improves his final ball/play in final third he will be some player.

Hibbyradge
28-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Jeezo. Some of the utter dugmeat midfielders we’ve had to put up with over the years and you won’t be sorry to see Stephane leave?

I agree. He's not dug sh**.

04Sauzee
28-04-2019, 07:44 PM

He was, I'm a huge fan of Stevenson but Omeonga was a class above everyone today.

Swedish hibee
28-04-2019, 09:21 PM
Gets battered to bits, and gets straight back up again. The wee man is pure class.

DetroitHibs
28-04-2019, 09:27 PM
Imagine him, Boyle and Allan tearing teams up.

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-04-2019, 09:28 PM
Guy is pure class, what a player.

greenlex
28-04-2019, 09:31 PM
McGregor was motm for me.

wookie70
28-04-2019, 09:34 PM
I thought he was very good but I would have had Lewis MOTM and Daz up there too

Auckland Hibs
29-04-2019, 09:23 AM
I thought he has been the best player on the park for the last half dozen games.

Will be delighted if we retain him for next season but fear he will be snapped up by one of the Ugly Sisters.

Unseen work
29-04-2019, 09:13 PM
I really like his tenacity, energy and skill on the ball.

But his final ball and passing infuriates me, at times he seems to do the hard part by beating a player or doing nice skill to lose possession after with his pass. Especially as he has been played as the creative player in our midfield.

Clearly I’m not expecting the finished article or he wouldn’t be here.

But in terms of next season, we will have Scott Allan who will create chances throughout plus Mallan who can score and create.

For me the last central midfield role goes to a big guy who can defend and break up play (the role I thought Omeonga would do). Could you play the 3 of them together with Mallan and Omeonga sitting whilst Allan creates in the last 3rd? Probably not.

I would love to see him back but can’t help but think we will see other areas strengthened.

Imo we need 2 strikers, 2 wingers (Omeonga potentially as he can do a job there) a central midfielder and competition for our aging defence.

Gauld
Agyepong
McNulty
Omeonga
Bartley
Whittikar?
Bigirimana
Johnson
Spector
Lewis Allan

Will all likely be away so there will be a massive turn around I imagine.

I expect a lot more youthful players with energy, signing players from the lower English and Scotland leagues with the view to developing them.

Obviously if we can get a deal to get him back and it doesn’t effect our targets we should do it 100%.

For me key to next season is getting a bigger squad with a lot of competition for places, real squad depth of quality is needed

Omeonga
Allan
McNulty
David Turnbull
Shankland
Jamie Lindsay
Ryan Hardie
Jack Grimmer
Chris Cadden

Are guys we should be looking at imo.

Fraser Murray,, Oli Shaw and Mackie will be pushing for places too.

truehibernian
29-04-2019, 09:16 PM
I've a good feeling that Stephane will stay for another season.

Gaffer1875
29-04-2019, 09:20 PM
Anyone on instagram get on it and watch him play the braveheart theme on the piano. What a guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04Sauzee
29-04-2019, 09:24 PM
Anyone on instagram get on it and watch him play the braveheart theme on the piano. What a guy.

Watched it and wherever this guy ends up next season and in the future I'm going to follow his career closely. He's left a huge impression on me

04Sauzee
29-04-2019, 09:28 PM
I really like his tenacity, energy and skill on the ball.

But his final ball and passing infuriates me, at times he seems to do the hard part by beating a player or doing nice skill to lose possession after with his pass. Especially as he has been played as the creative player in our midfield.

Clearly I’m not expecting the finished article or he wouldn’t be here.

But in terms of next season, we will have Scott Allan who will create chances throughout plus Mallan who can score and create.

For me the last central midfield role goes to a big guy who can defend and break up play (the role I thought Omeonga would do). Could you play the 3 of them together with Mallan and Omeonga sitting whilst Allan creates in the last 3rd? Probably not.

I would love to see him back but can’t help but think we will see other areas strengthened.

Imo we need 2 strikers, 2 wingers (Omeonga potentially as he can do a job there) a central midfielder and competition for our aging defence.

Gauld
Agyepong
McNulty
Omeonga
Bartley
Whittikar?
Bigirimana
Johnson
Spector
Lewis Allan

Will all likely be away so there will be a massive turn around I imagine.

I expect a lot more youthful players with energy, signing players from the lower English and Scotland leagues with the view to developing them.

Obviously if we can get a deal to get him back and it doesn’t effect our targets we should do it 100%.

For me key to next season is getting a bigger squad with a lot of competition for places, real squad depth of quality is needed

Omeonga
Allan
McNulty
David Turnbull
Shankland
Jamie Lindsay
Ryan Hardie
Jack Grimmer
Chris Cadden

Are guys we should be looking at imo.

Fraser Murray,, Oli Shaw and Mackie will be pushing for places too.

David Turnbull has signed a contract at Motherwell for 3 or 4 years and I reckon his next move will see him earn a lot of money.
I heard a rumour maybe on here that Hibs may be after Jack Grimmer?
Chris Cadden is a funny one I can't make up my mind if he's very good or bang average.
I'm going to have to research Jamie Lindsay 😀

Unseen work
29-04-2019, 09:35 PM
David Turnbull has signed a contract at Motherwell for 3 or 4 years and I reckon his next move will aww him earn a lot of money.
I heard a rumour maybe on here that Hibs may be after Jack Grimmer?
Chris Cadden is a funny one I can't make up my mind if he's very good or bang average.
I'm going to have to research Jamie Lindsay 😀

Yeah Turnbull is destined for bigger things, was desperate for us to get him on a pre contract.

I also heard the Grimmer rumour however I think that might be down t guess work with us signing Scottish players who’ve moved to England and that Heckingbottom will have knowledge of him.

Lindsay is a good young powerful midfielder who played an important role for County to get back in the top flight.
https://youtu.be/nfoqRTmc9kQ
There’s a short clip of what he can do

04Sauzee
29-04-2019, 09:51 PM
Yeah Turnbull is destined for bigger things, was desperate for us to get him on a pre contract.

I also heard the Grimmer rumour however I think that might be down t guess work with us signing Scottish players who’ve moved to England and that Heckingbottom will have knowledge of him.

Lindsay is a good young powerful midfielder who played an important role for County to get back in the top flight.

Lindsay likes a tackle, difficult to tell from a shirt clip but he does look powerful and full of energy

Hibee Mac
30-04-2019, 06:34 AM

I know it's a curated YouTube video but Lindsay seems to go to ground every opportunity he can 😂

The 90+2
30-04-2019, 10:43 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4184373/stephane-omeonga-hibs-braveheart-piano-theme-tune/

What a hero 😘😘

StevesFamau5
30-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Watched it and wherever this guy ends up next season and in the future I'm going to follow his career closely. He's left a huge impression on me

:top marks there is something really likable about him, one of my pals got a photo with him on Sunday, he's a gent apparently.

Couple that with the fact he is a tenacious wee fighter, a midfield of Mallan, Stephane and Allan would tear the league a new a' hole :thumbsup:

Fuzzywuzzy
30-04-2019, 05:48 PM
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/182854-omeonga/&page=2

Seems a shoe-in to sign for them.......

The Spaceman
30-04-2019, 06:17 PM
He's a class act. We love him and he loves us, quite incredible given he's only been here a couple of months. I suspect he will be off to bigger things next season, would love to have him back though. If he did go, file into a similar category as Liam Henderson.

Since452
30-04-2019, 06:31 PM
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/182854-omeonga/&page=2

Seems a shoe-in to sign for them.......

That, children, is why you shouldn't take drugs

JimBHibees
01-05-2019, 06:21 AM

That is brilliant, very talented young guy. Hope he stays at the club longer.

Unseen work
06-05-2019, 02:08 PM
He was very poor yesterday however if you go to his Instagram account you will be delighted.

His story shows His neighbour, who is a young hibs fan who he has invited into his flat to play Fifa with, has also previously gave him signed strips and has got him VIP for the Aberdeen game.

Brilliant gesture.

The Spaceman
06-05-2019, 03:46 PM
He was very poor yesterday however if you go to his Instagram account you will be delighted.

His story shows His neighbour, who is a young hibs fan who he has invited into his flat to play Fifa with, has also previously gave him signed strips and has got him VIP for the Aberdeen game.

Brilliant gesture.

Saw that - he really is different class. Love the wee man and he just gets it!

Since452
06-05-2019, 03:59 PM

Brilliant gesture.

Just seems a nice, intelligent, articulate, talented guy. Glad my wife doesn't read hibs.net she might get worried haha.

My_Wife_Camille
07-05-2019, 08:18 AM
The guy is sheer class. He didn’t have his best game at Ibrox but everyone has their off days. Would love to see him here even if it’s just for another season.

BILLYHIBS
07-05-2019, 08:32 AM
Love the wee man!

If he could add an end product to his game goals or a killer pass he would be some player

Then again maybe leave that until next season. :greengrin

ancient hibee
07-05-2019, 12:26 PM
He works very hard and runs well on the ball but his end product is negligible-I think one assist in the season so far.

Aim Here
07-05-2019, 12:38 PM
He works very hard and runs well on the ball but his end product is negligible-I think one assist in the season so far.

Actually it's one assist in his entire career. If you were at the St Johnstone game, you have been mighty privileged to witness it.

It feels like he's playing a defensive role from an offensive position. He's useful for harrying the opposing team's midfielders and chasing them down in order to get the ball and stop them doing what they want with it - neutralizing Broonie at the Celtic game being one example. What we need to do now is teach Marvin Bartley to shoot from the halfway line, and we'll have turned the entire philosophy of midfield upside down...

MartinfaePorty
07-05-2019, 10:06 PM
Absolute gent at the sponsors' evening tonight as well. Time for everyone. Please stay!!!

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Unseen work
24-05-2019, 06:18 AM
Little man has just shaved his dreads off.

Can only assume it’s to make him faster to suit Heckingbottom’s game plan for next season...

Hermit Crab
25-05-2019, 05:59 AM
The S*n saying he may return, this was the other day though.

bingo70
03-06-2019, 07:00 PM
Notice Belgium u21’s are playing France tonight. Tried and failed to see if Omeonga is starting but guessing he’s on the bench?

Anyone able to find out if he’s starting or not?

dphibs
03-06-2019, 07:02 PM
He’s on the bench number 14. It’s live on canal+sport.

Sir David Gray
03-06-2019, 07:03 PM
Notice Belgium u21’s are playing France tonight. Tried and failed to see if Omeonga is starting but guessing he’s on the bench?

Anyone able to find out if he’s starting or not?

On the bench, game kicked off a few minutes ago.

dphibs
03-06-2019, 08:07 PM
Omeonga on for the second half

03-06-2019, 08:16 PM
2-0 to France U21s, 30mins left.

03-06-2019, 08:17 PM
Now 3-0.