PDA

View Full Version : NHC Leeds Villa

Callum_62
28-04-2019, 01:44 PM
Absolute scenes

https://twitter.com/socceram/status/1122486526473064450?s=12

The sending off - Bamford is an odious get, hope he gets a ban himself and misses the playoffs

https://twitter.com/villareport/status/1122481229897654272?s=12

Then...
https://twitter.com/socceram/status/1122487202938855425?s=12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
28-04-2019, 03:03 PM
:crazy:

DarlingtonHibee
28-04-2019, 03:14 PM
After that, anyone but Leeds.

Disgrace.

It's on you tube.

hfc rd
28-04-2019, 03:16 PM
That red card has to get rescinded. Absolutely pathetic from Bamford to get a player sent off like that when he didn’t even touch his face.

JeMeSouviens
28-04-2019, 03:25 PM
That red card has to get rescinded. Absolutely pathetic from Bamford to get a player sent off like that when he didn’t even touch his face.

Worst since Kyle Lafferty?

hibsbollah
28-04-2019, 03:29 PM
I love Bielsa. I wish he'd manage Hibs. Mad legend.

Smartie
28-04-2019, 03:32 PM
After that, anyone but Leeds.

Disgrace.

It's on you tube.

Funnily enough I thought it was a touch of class from Bielsa.

I have a bit of sympathy for Leeds here (other than the feigning injury for the red card). Play should continue unless the ref has stopped the match. I don't know why the Villa players had stopped playing.

28-04-2019, 03:39 PM
Bielsa is class

hibsbollah
28-04-2019, 04:24 PM
The maddest thing among all those mad things in that game was Pontus Janson disobeying Bielsa and trying to tackle the Villa player, and then shouting 'its a joke!' at Bielsa:na na:

Janson has been Leeds worst player for the last few games, a wideoh might say that's the first attempt at a tackle he's put in for ages :greengrin

wearethehibs
28-04-2019, 05:25 PM
Why did Leeds let them score? Nothing wrong with the Leeds goal

gaz1875
28-04-2019, 05:28 PM
Funnily enough I thought it was a touch of class from Bielsa.

I have a bit of sympathy for Leeds here (other than the feigning injury for the red card). Play should continue unless the ref has stopped the match. I don't know why the Villa players had stopped playing.

Couldn't agree more, not a head injury so play on unless the ref blows.

hibsbollah
28-04-2019, 05:36 PM

I thought the outrage from the commentary was a bit over the top. But the thing that crossed the line for me was after the Villa boy went down, a few players slowed, expecting it to be stopped, and the Leeds #11 on the left deliberately slowed down and kind of faked to kick it out, and then played the ball quickly to Kliche who scored. I don't think Kliche did anything to get manhandled and pushed about, he's always going to play on. The #11 was the guilty party.

At the end of the day Leeds chances of automatic promotion had gone anyway, which was probably at the back of Bielsas mind. I wish he'd punched John Terry.

Nakedmanoncrack
28-04-2019, 05:55 PM

:agree:

Bristolhibby
28-04-2019, 06:04 PM

I think it was because Leeds faked to kick it out then went on the total offensive and scored. If they had of just carried on and played on them fair play. Villa would have continued to defend and likely would have won the ball out then kick it out for their own player.

It was the sneaky little fake lockout that sent them radge.

J

Pretty Boy
28-04-2019, 06:07 PM
Was the guy who scored not offside when it was passed to him? If he wasn't then it was very tight.

Fwiw I can see why Villa are upset. Had play just continued they would have had little cause for complaint but the very deliberate effort to make it look as though he was going to play it out and then not do so was poor sportsmanship. It's worth noting Villa had put the ball out for an injury to a Leeds player earlier in the game.

hibbydog
28-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Just shows why the only person that is allowed to to stop the game should be the referee.

Same thing happened at Celtic Park a couple of months ago.

Take it away from the players. Simples

Scouse Hibee
28-04-2019, 07:27 PM

Pretty obvious why if you watch the whole thing, every man and his dog know the reason.

Jones28
28-04-2019, 08:21 PM
That's a bizarre passage of play and very sporting of Biesla, that plumb of a Leeds defender though :confused:

Frazerbob
28-04-2019, 08:30 PM
If it’s a head knock, the ref stops the game. Anything else, play on. This kicking the ball out for wee leg knocks is a joke, especially when players spend half the match pretending they’re injured.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2019, 08:40 PM
If it’s a head knock, the ref stops the game. Anything else, play on. This kicking the ball out for wee leg knocks is a joke, especially when players spend half the match pretending they’re injured.

I think the guy in this instance had to be subbed because of his injury.

Swedish hibee
28-04-2019, 09:15 PM
I'm with the few who disagrees. You play to the whistle. And there was no whistle.
I think the Leeds manager thought oh no its the spygate scandal all over again & let them score.

Frazerbob
28-04-2019, 09:35 PM
I think the guy in this instance had to be subbed because of his injury.

Players get subbed due to injury every game. The game should only be stopped if it’s a head knock or a potential leg break etc and only by the ref.

Hibeesmad
28-04-2019, 09:42 PM
I cant recall which game it was but a few days ago a referee stopped play so that a player could do up his laces 😂

cabbageandribs1875
28-04-2019, 10:02 PM
Bamford was a freakin disgrace and i imagine will get a hefty fine from the club, i wish bielsa had lamped that **** john terry, the villa staff had no right to be over at the leeds technical area, they were given the goal so STFU and stay in your own area, someone from the villa staff should have had at least the good grace to go over and shake bielsa by the hand to thank him, he didn't have to give villa a goal, class :agree:

poor tackle by jansson again though :)

looking forward to Leeds v West Brom in the play-off final :) tho unfortunately i think the baggies will win

hfc rd
28-04-2019, 10:08 PM
Bamford was a freakin disgrace and i imagine will get a hefty fine from the club, i wish bielsa had lamped that **** john terry, the villa staff had no right to be over at the leeds technical area, they were given the goal so STFU and stay in your own area, someone from the villa staff should have had at least the good grace to go over and shake bielsa by the hand and thank him, he didn't have to give villa a goal, class :agree:

The thing I don’t get about Jansson is why the hell did he try to tackle Adomoah who was on his way to score and Bielsa had instructed his Leeds player to let them score an equaliser.

Anyways, they were in a great position not that long ago for automatic promotion and they’ve Leeds it. 😁👍🏾

cabbageandribs1875
28-04-2019, 10:17 PM
The thing I don’t get about Jansson is why the hell did he try to tackle Adomoah who was on his way to score and Bielsa had instructed his Leeds player to let them score an equaliser.

Anyways, they were in a great position not that long ago for automatic promotion and they’ve Leeds it. 😁👍🏾

as the commentator said "it went against his competitive instinct", the man just simply did not agree in allowing villa a goal, and why should he ? the chelsea keeper didn't want to come off in that final earlier in the season even though told to come off by his coach...instinct, and stubbornness.

and they haven't totally "Leeds it" ...yet

Hibeesmad
28-04-2019, 10:58 PM
Bamford was a freakin disgrace and i imagine will get a hefty fine from the club, i wish bielsa had lamped that **** john terry, the villa staff had no right to be over at the leeds technical area, they were given the goal so STFU and stay in your own area, someone from the villa staff should have had at least the good grace to go over and shake bielsa by the hand to thank him, he didn't have to give villa a goal, class :agree:

looking forward to Leeds v West Brom in the play-off final :) tho unfortunately i think the baggies will win

The form Villa and Derby in I wouldn't put it past both to be in that final

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2019, 06:15 AM
Dirty Leeds

Joe6-2
29-04-2019, 06:23 AM

Bamford should be hauled over the coals for his cheating, if it possible

calumhibee1
29-04-2019, 06:29 AM
Genuinely don’t see a lot wrong with that from Leeds if I’m being honest. And i don’t even particularly like them.

El Ghazi should have his red rescinded and the three game ban should be given to Bamford however.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2019, 06:35 AM
Genuinely don’t see a lot wrong with that from Leeds if I’m being honest. And i don’t even particularly like them.

El Ghazi should have his red rescinded and the three game ban should be given to Bamford however.
:confused:

Their Manager obviously did when he instructed his players to let Villa score a goal from kick off in a very important game for the club apart from one Roaster that never got the memo

Dearie me I give up!

calumhibee1
29-04-2019, 06:39 AM
:confused:

Their Manager obviously did when he instructed his players to let Villa score a goal from kick off in a very important game from the club apart from one Roaster that never got the memo

Dearie me I give up!

I don’t see any reason for Leeds to be putting the ball out. The boy that played it down the line never even came close to kicking it out of play, it’s not like the boy that scored the goal burst a guy to keep it in while one of his team mates tried to put it out of play - his team mate knocked it straight down the line to him and nowhere near going out. Not one of the Leeds players really tried to put it out of play to stop the game yet Villa completely stopped.

The game should be stopped by the ref and only the ref IMO.

Onion
29-04-2019, 06:45 AM

Yes there was. They stopped going forward and gave the impression they were about to put the ball out, only for their winger to take advantage of that, catching the Villa players out. Had Leeds not hesitated, they had every right to carry on and leave the ref to make a decision, but they did. Dirty trick, no wonder Villa we’re mad. Leeds Manager was right.

Peevemor
29-04-2019, 06:47 AM
I don’t see any reason for Leeds to be putting the ball out. The boy that played it down the line never even came close to kicking it out of play, it’s not like the boy that scored the goal burst a guy to keep it in while one of his team mates tried to put it out of play - his team mate knocked it straight down the line to him and nowhere near going out. Not one of the Leeds players really tried to put it out of play to stop the game yet Villa completely stopped.

He made a gesture that the Villa players took as meaning he was going to stop play.

Correct. Lessons will have been learned.

Gloucester Hibs
29-04-2019, 06:54 AM
Doubt Bielsa would have been instructing his side to let Villa score had there been something riding on the game i.e. promotion.

Danderhall Hibs
29-04-2019, 06:54 AM
Players get subbed due to injury every game. The game should only be stopped if it’s a head knock or a potential leg break etc and only by the ref.

Just let physios come on and treat a player and play on.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2019, 06:57 AM

The Leeds left back faked to kick the ball out then rolled it down the line

The Villa defence stopped playing momentarily but just enough to catch them out

Snide trick

A similar incident knock happened ten minutes earlier and Villa knocked the ball out for Leeds

Bamfords play acting for the sending off was despicable

The Leeds Manager did the correct thing and should be commended

The Leeds Managers decision must tell you who was in the right and who was in the wrong in this situation

GreenCastle
29-04-2019, 07:09 AM

Yup - like giving the refs microphones so people can hear decisions explains and using simple TMO instead of complicated VAR.

Football should just copy rugby and let physios on plus roll on / off replacements if someone has to leave for a block block etc.

Regarding offside etc the player would become invisible if being treated. Serious injuries played so stops like rugby too. Would stop play acting and faking.

calumhibee1
29-04-2019, 07:19 AM
The Leeds left back faked to kick the ball out then rolled it down the line

The Villa defence stopped playing momentarily but just enough to catch them out

Snide trick

A similar incident knock happened ten minutes earlier and Villa knocked the ball out for Leeds

Bamfords play acting for the sending off was despicable

The Leeds Manager did the correct thing and should be commended

The Leeds Managers decision must tell you who was in the right and who was in the wrong in this situation

Exactly. He failed to kick it out. He’s not obliged to. Why Villa completely stopped when the ball was never at any point anywhere near being out of play is beyond me - although someone has said that they gestured that they would kick it out which I didn’t see - if that’s the case then it’s maybe a bit different.

Nice of Villa to kick the ball out but that’s their choice. I don’t think anyone but the ref should be deciding when the game stops, especially for an injury that clearly wasn’t majorly serious.

What makes the Leeds manager correct? Just cause he decided it was what he wanted to do it doesn’t mean he’s right and everyone else is wrong. This is the guy that sent spies to another teams training, he’s hardly a beacon of sportsmanship :greengrin

Bamford is a disgrace though.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2019, 07:42 AM
Exactly. He failed to kick it out. He’s not obliged to. Why Villa completely stopped when the ball was never at any point anywhere near being out of play is beyond me - although someone has said that they gestured that they would kick it out which I didn’t see - if that’s the case then it’s maybe a bit different.

Nice of Villa to kick the ball out but that’s their choice. I don’t think anyone but the ref should be deciding when the game stops, especially for an injury that clearly wasn’t majorly serious.

What makes the Leeds manager correct? Just cause he decided it was what he wanted to do it doesn’t mean he’s right and everyone else is wrong. This is the guy that sent spies to another teams training, he’s hardly a beacon of sportsmanship :greengrin

Bamford is a disgrace though.

Dearie me!

Watch it again

The left back raises his right hand to a Villa player to indicate he is about to kick the ball out of play

The goal scorer apologised to the Villa Manager after the game

During the ensuing melee Biesla had an altercation with John Terry in the dug out maybe that influenced his decision to allow Villa to score

Maybe if the ref had given the foul on Kodja in the first place?

Maybe if McNulty had scored the penalty HIBS might have won?

There is a good chance that Villa and Leeds will meet in the play off final so there might be another instalment to come

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2019, 08:29 AM
Referee's should before every game go into both dressing rooms and tell them to play to the whistle, if a player is injured its then up to the players to play on until the ref stops the game.

Its not up to the players to stop the game at all, no matter what is happening or who is injured. The ref could have done better by waving his arms in a play on gesture and making them play on.

Does my head in this kicking the ball out because a player is injured, players are injured all the way during games, and hobble on trying to run it off. Should the game be stopped in those circumstances too until such times as he's ok again?

Head injuries fine, the rest, just get on with it.

Since452
29-04-2019, 08:31 AM
Losers mentality from Leeds manager. It was a legitimate goal. The referee didn't blow. It's a mans game not primary school football.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2019, 08:37 AM
Agree play to the whistle but do not signal to all and sundry that you are about to kick the ball out of play and then play on. :confused:

Baader
29-04-2019, 08:49 AM
Agree play to the whistle but do not signal to all and sundry that you are about to kick the ball out of play and then play on. :confused:

This was the issue. And if Herts had scored a goal yesterday in the same manner of feigning to stop play then sneakily sending a man through when the opposition are unaware, it would be interesting to see it getting defended on here...

Chorley Hibee
29-04-2019, 08:58 AM
I always wonder where you stand in betting terms when a goal, and to a certain extent a result, has been rigged?

Carheenlea
29-04-2019, 09:02 AM
Would the physio being able to attend to players whilst the game is playing work in football?
It would cut out a lot of the over egging by players, time wasting and encourage players to get up and get on with it if there is nothing wrong with them, which more often than not is the case.

Bangkok Hibby
29-04-2019, 09:05 AM

Which I believe is one of the new rules next year

GreenCastle
29-04-2019, 09:06 AM
Losers mentality from Leeds manager. It was a legitimate goal. The referee didn't blow. It's a mans game not primary school football.

Women and kids play it also ??

GreenCastle
29-04-2019, 09:07 AM
Which I believe is one of the new rules next year

No don’t think so.

Rumble de Thump
29-04-2019, 09:08 AM
It was such a schoolboy error by Aston Villa. The rules are that you play to the whistle. Everyone knows that but they chose not to. Anything else is just an excuse for their basic mistake.

Hibbyradge
29-04-2019, 09:21 AM
Players can be cautioned for unsporting behaviour.

I can't think of anything more unsporting than tricking your opponents in the way Leeds did.

Bangkok Hibby
29-04-2019, 09:24 AM
No don’t think so.

It was definitely talked about (good
idea i think) but you're right it doesnt seem to have made the final few changes

Eyrie
29-04-2019, 10:16 AM

Yup - like giving the refs microphones so people can hear decisions explains and using simple TMO instead of complicated VAR.

Football should just copy rugby and let physios on plus roll on / off replacements if someone has to leave for a block block etc.

Regarding offside etc the player would become invisible if being treated. Serious injuries played so stops like rugby too. Would stop play acting and faking.

Would the physio being able to attend to players whilst the game is playing work in football?
It would cut out a lot of the over egging by players, time wasting and encourage players to get up and get on with it if there is nothing wrong with them, which more often than not is the case.

Been saying that for years. It's amazing how quickly players can recover from a life threatening injury when they realise the game is continuing without them.

bringbackbenny
29-04-2019, 12:08 PM
Referee's should before every game go into both dressing rooms and tell them to play to the whistle, if a player is injured its then up to the players to play on until the ref stops the game.

Its not up to the players to stop the game at all, no matter what is happening or who is injured. The ref could have done better by waving his arms in a play on gesture and making them play on.

Does my head in this kicking the ball out because a player is injured, players are injured all the way during games, and hobble on trying to run it off. Should the game be stopped in those circumstances too until such times as he's ok again?

Head injuries fine, the rest, just get on with it.

spot on. iirc at the start of a season years ago Terry Christie (@ Stenhousemuir by then) wrote to every manager in the league stating he didn't expect their opponents to knock the ball out of pitch for players of either team and, if they did, Stenhousemuir would play on without giving possession back. Likewise for the reverse i.e. always play on until the ref stops.

no ambiguity.

SChibs
29-04-2019, 12:11 PM
I think Villa knocked the ball out for an injured Leeds player earlier in the game, hence why they were so angry that Leeds never kicked it out

Jones28
30-04-2019, 10:21 AM

Exactly, unsporting behaviour and a dirty tactic - especially when Villa put the ball out for a Leeds injury before that.

Craig_HFC
30-04-2019, 10:33 AM
If I was the Villa manager; I'd be fuming that my players just stopped and didn't play to the ref's whistle. It's one of the first things you learn to do when you're a kid.

Jones28
30-04-2019, 10:41 AM
If I was the Villa manager; I'd be fuming that my players just stopped and didn't play to the ref's whistle. It's one of the first things you learn to do when you're a kid.

That really boils my piss, how many times will you see players putting in appeals for handball or offside and either stop or only start to move when they realise the referee isn't giving the call.

Danderhall Hibs
30-04-2019, 11:33 AM

He knew there was nothing on it (both teams guaranteed the playoffs with no chance of automatic promotion) and an opportunity for some good publicity after spy-gate earlier this season.

matty_f
30-04-2019, 12:50 PM

I think Villa had put one out for a Leeds player earlier in the game, so thought Leeds should have done the same.

Personally, I thought Leeds were entitled to play on but if you're going to do that you have to do it properly, not make as if you're going to stop and then not.

I think Villa are entitled to feel aggrieved in that instance.

Since452
30-04-2019, 01:11 PM
If Hearts had scored the winner at the weekend in that fashion would i be raging? - yes, livid.

If Hibs had scored the winner in the same fashion? - I'd be bloody delighted and praising the winning mentality and quick thinking of the players.

Guess it depends what side you're on.

Personally feel the game goes on unless the ref stops it.

hibbycraig
30-04-2019, 01:37 PM
Villa players should never have stopped playing. Leeds should never have let them score. It's that simple.

we are hibs
30-04-2019, 02:08 PM
Not leeds fault the villa players stopped playing. It's up to the referee to stop the game. Leeds were entitled to play on and if anything they were wrong to let villa score. If that was hibs in a derby I would be absolutely seething.

hibsbollah
30-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Good article
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/29/marcelo-bielsa-aston-villa-goal-leeds-proud

Pretty Boy
30-04-2019, 04:56 PM
How do you enforce a rule where only the ref can stop the game? Isn't that the current rule anyway? The game is only stopped for injuries because players create a break in the play or if the ref stops the game.

If a player is injured and team A kicks the ball out for a throw and team B doesn't take the throw in then what does the referee do? Book multiple players? Restart the game with an uncontested drop ball and hope the team don't just kick the ball out the park again?

I'm not sure what is gained by trying to enforce a rule that essentially penalises sportsmanship even if there are occasions when it is abused as it stands.

theonlywayisup
30-04-2019, 06:26 PM
The problem is that we've a whole generation of player that plays dead whenever there is a foul, knowing that the result will be play will be stopped, a trainer will come on, the player will receive the magic sponge after which they will slowly walk to the touchline only to make a miracle cure and come sprinting back onto the pitch. Some teams/players are brilliant at this time wasting. We all know it happens.

Well I'm sick off it. We, the football fan, are being cheated.

My solution is that, if a trainer comes on to deliver the magic sponge then that player is off for five minutes. That will sort out these cheats who are ruining our game.

HibbyAndy
30-04-2019, 06:29 PM
Has that cheat Bamford been reprimanded yet ?

calumhibee1
30-04-2019, 06:30 PM
Has that cheat Bamford been reprimanded yet ?

2 game ban. Villa red card rescinded

HibbyAndy
30-04-2019, 06:32 PM
2 game ban. Villa red card rescinded

:aok:

IMO it should be more than a 2 game ban for his actions , Cut out cheating from the game by giving these weirdos 5 game bans

Since452
30-04-2019, 06:34 PM
Has the Villa player who fell over like he'd been shot and started it all been punished yet?

PatHead
30-04-2019, 06:36 PM
The problem is that we've a whole generation of player that plays dead whenever there is a foul, knowing that the result will be play will be stopped, a trainer will come on, the player will receive the magic sponge after which they will slowly walk to the touchline only to make a miracle cure and come sprinting back onto the pitch. Some teams/players are brilliant at this time wasting. We all know it happens.

My solution is that, if a trainer comes on to deliver the magic sponge then that player is off for five minutes. That will sort out these cheats who are ruining our game.

So someone fouls you badly enough that you need a trainer and you get kept off the pitch for 5 minutes! Madness.

theonlywayisup
30-04-2019, 06:49 PM
So someone fouls you badly enough that you need a trainer and you get kept off the pitch for 5 minutes! Madness.

One, that rarely happens.

Two, in such situations, you wouldn't be off if you've been fouled against AND the player committing the foul is booked.

Three, don't be so bloody negative. It's only a suggestion.

Eyrie
30-04-2019, 07:04 PM

There is a far better solution.

Play continues whilst the physio comes on to treat the "injured" player. If it was a foul, then the referee re-starts the game after thirty seconds.

Keith_M
30-04-2019, 07:16 PM

Play continues whilst the physio comes on to treat the "injured" player. If it was a foul, then the referee re-starts the game after thirty seconds.

Most players receiving treatment are perfectly capable of walking off the pitch and being dealt with track-side.

It's about time Referees made sure this actually happens, and stopped the time-wasters.

we are hibs
30-04-2019, 08:06 PM

I don't understand why people think a physio or 2 on the pitch and letting the game continue would work. It's madness.

Pretty Boy
30-04-2019, 08:11 PM
I don't understand why people think a physio or 2 on the pitch and letting the game continue would work. It's madness.

I agree.

Football and rugby are different sports and the ball moves all over large areas of the football pitch far quicker than it does in rugby. The ball can move from one end of the pitch to another in 3 passes and a few seconds in football. Whilst it does happen in rugby it's far less common for the game to be end to end.

Hibbyradge
30-04-2019, 08:18 PM
Why did they stop the stretchers coming on when a player wasn't able to get treatment off the park?

CentreLine
30-04-2019, 08:34 PM
Has the Villa player who fell over like he'd been shot and started it all been punished yet?

Is that the villa player who was sufficiently injured that he could take no further part in the game? Or was there someone else?

Eyrie
30-04-2019, 10:07 PM

I agree.

Football and rugby are different sports and the ball moves all over large areas of the football pitch far quicker than it does in rugby. The ball can move from one end of the pitch to another in 3 passes and a few seconds in football. Whilst it does happen in rugby it's far less common for the game to be end to end.

A football pitch is a big enough area that there's plenty of room to continue playing football, particularly given how easy it is to keep the ball away from the small patch where an injured player is being treated.

There is a general resistance in football to trying anything that works in another sport.

PatHead
01-05-2019, 02:22 PM
A football pitch is a big enough area that there's plenty of room to continue playing football, particularly given how easy it is to keep the ball away from the small patch where an injured player is being treated.

There is a general resistance in football to trying anything that works in another sport.

And if it was in the middle of the penalty area?

Captain Trips
01-05-2019, 05:41 PM
:aok:

IMO it should be more than a 2 game ban for his actions , Cut out cheating from the game by giving these weirdos 5 game bans

They should receive the punishment that the player would have got if had hit him. Its at times like these the refs have no chance with that sort of behaviour.

Danderhall Hibs
01-05-2019, 05:45 PM

Ref can over rule and stop play? Doesn’t have to be complicated.

Eyrie
01-05-2019, 07:16 PM
How often does that happen?

Ref can over rule and stop play? Doesn’t have to be complicated.
A sensible solution.

PatHead
01-05-2019, 09:42 PM
How often does that happen?

A sensible solution.

A head knock happens often enough in the penalty area. Still need go back to my earlier argument though - why should a player be punished for being fouled?

Eyrie
01-05-2019, 10:41 PM
A head knock happens often enough in the penalty area. Still need go back to my earlier argument though - why should a player be punished for being fouled?
The referee stops the game anyway for a head knock. Given the concerns about concussion, a player who gets a head knock could be temporarily replaced for five minutes to be assessed with the substitution only becoming permanent if the doctor doesn't pass the player fit to return.

And the player isn't punished for being fouled because he still gets the free kick. But it'll stop him feigning injury.

PatHead
02-05-2019, 06:28 PM
Bamford banned for 2 matches.

hibby6270
02-05-2019, 08:17 PM
If Hearts had scored the winner at the weekend in that fashion would i be raging? - yes, livid.

If Hibs had scored the winner in the same fashion? - I'd be bloody delighted and praising the winning mentality and quick thinking of the players.

Personally feel the game goes on unless the ref stops it.

It happened at ER a long time ago but I have a 2 word answer to your conundrum..........

MATHIAS JACK :not worth:not worth

Hibbyradge
02-05-2019, 09:29 PM
It happened at ER a long time ago but I have a 2 word answer to your conundrum..........

MATHIAS JACK :not worth:not worth

Matty didn't pretend to put the ball out first.

hibby6270
02-05-2019, 10:11 PM
Matty didn't pretend to put the ball out first.

No you’re right.
It should have been Tam McManus who Marty threw the ball to but he was a young laddie at the time and hadn't read the memo.:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
04-05-2019, 11:08 AM
i was reading yesterday it was Marcelo Bielsa himself that paid the 200k fine leeds got over 'spygate'

class act, i hope he stays with leeds for next season, i've e-mailed him a list of players he has to stop being loyal to and get shot off for the next attempt at promotion :), sadly it's going to be a few more seasons before leeds have as good a chance as they had this season of going up....before they pressed the self-destruct button, as per.