PDA

View Full Version : Sdg

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2019, 01:14 PM
Take a bow, what a Captain's performance, Berra wasnae far behind 👏

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2019, 01:17 PM
???

Dreadful for the goal. Lewis was much better.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2019, 01:22 PM
???

Dreadful for the goal. Lewis was much better.

Ball took a deflection off a Hibs players toe that put it right into his stride, pure luck.

rotherhamrob
28-04-2019, 01:44 PM
Ball took a deflection off a Hibs players toe that put it right into his stride, pure luck.

Actually if you watch it again McLean hit it with his right foot and it came of his left foot.
Just their type of luck.

Frazerbob
28-04-2019, 01:56 PM

He’s immense the last couple of weeks. Outstanding captain.

Jones28
28-04-2019, 04:21 PM

If Gray stayed on his feet he'd have been able to snuff it out prior to that.

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2019, 05:15 PM
If Gray stayed on his feet he'd have been able to snuff it out prior to that.

He was also miles out of position allowing the guy through in the first place.

Jones28
28-04-2019, 08:28 PM
He was also miles out of position allowing the guy through in the first place.

Imagine Whittiker had done that :stirrer:

Mibbes Aye
28-04-2019, 08:29 PM

Mallan’s dribble out of our box reminded me of Whittaker in his first spell with us.

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2019, 08:30 PM

Its true. We all love Gray but he contributed massively to a very soft goal costing us a brilliant victory. Deserves a bit of stick for it.

Jones28
28-04-2019, 08:34 PM
Mallan’s dribble out of our box reminded me of Whittaker in his first spell with us.

It was very tidy.

Jones28
28-04-2019, 08:35 PM
Its true. We all love Gray but he contributed massively to a very soft goal costing us a brilliant victory. Deserves a bit of stick for it.

Yepp, I was more worried at that point that he would have clattered into him and given a penalty away. He's a legend, but he can still be criticised.

Allant1981
29-04-2019, 05:15 AM
Just watched the highlights back and it was actually Hanlon who left McLean, if he hadn't barged into McGregor and the other striker he would still have been marking mclean. Gray could possibly have been a bit deeper but not as much at fault as I first thought

Superfurry72
29-04-2019, 06:08 AM
Just watched the highlights back and it was actually Hanlon who left McLean, if he hadn't barged into McGregor and the other striker he would still have been marking mclean. Gray could possibly have been a bit deeper but not as much at fault as I first thought

If he’d stayed on his feet he could have just ushered him wide. No idea why he dived in. Still, he’s been such a warrior for us I think the odd error of judgement can be forgiven. It’s not really what cost us the three points - sitting too deep at 1-0 did.

Superfurry72
29-04-2019, 06:14 AM

If he’d stayed on his feet he could have just ushered him wide. No idea why he dived in. Still, he’s been such a warrior for us I think the odd error of judgement can be forgiven. It’s not really what cost us the three points - sitting too deep at 1-0 did.

Allant1981
29-04-2019, 06:28 AM

Yip I agree he didnt need to dive in, was just bad defending from a couple of them unfortunately

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2019, 06:40 AM
Unfortunate chain of events in the build up to their goal with a lucky deflection thrown in

Fair play to Uche for never giving up

SDG?

Legend!

:cup:

:not worth

Hibee Mac
29-04-2019, 06:46 AM
I actually think that, despite the comedy of errors before this point, Mallan really should do better getting in front of Uche's shot.

In the highlights he doesn't even stick a foot in.

To re-iterate I'm not blaming him for the goal, just think he could have saved us as his positioning is decent he just forgets to stick a foot in.

danhibees1875
29-04-2019, 07:16 AM
It doesn't show it in the highlights but I'm sure the goal came just after we had a goal kick. Stuck between kicking left to McNulty and co, or right to SDG and it ended up being put straight at Horgan in the middle. I'm not by any means pointing the blame at Marciano, but I thought that was symptomatic of general wasteful play at set pieces yesterday.

Just another thing to add to the series of unfortunate events that let to the goal. Any of the individual mistakes would usually have been cleaned up.

One Day Soon
29-04-2019, 07:26 AM
Delighted he's signed a new contract but he is utterly incapable of taking a quick throw in and cumulatively over a game that costs us a lot of attacking opportunities.

andybev1
29-04-2019, 08:02 AM
David Gray was outstanding again yesterday.

we are hibs
29-04-2019, 08:20 AM
Delighted he's signed a new contract but he is utterly incapable of taking a quick throw in and cumulatively over a game that costs us a lot of attacking opportunities.

Maybe look at those who don't bother there arse to move for the thrower rather than the man throwing the ball? Everyone just stands still for about 30 seconds before someone either makes a move or it gets aimlessly chucked down the line. I find it rather embarrassing we can't take a throw in properly.

One Day Soon
29-04-2019, 11:02 AM
Maybe look at those who don't bother there arse to move for the thrower rather than the man throwing the ball? Everyone just stands still for about 30 seconds before someone either makes a move or it gets aimlessly chucked down the line. I find it rather embarrassing we can't take a throw in properly.

Strange how that only happens when it's him taking the throw-in...

we are hibs
29-04-2019, 11:37 AM

It doesn't but OK.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2019, 11:41 AM

Thought Berra took his goal well :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
29-04-2019, 11:16 PM

That is a criticism that has been laid at Lewis too.

I think the movement of the receivers is shocking, it often just looks disinterested. At the same time, nobody is daft and maybe it really is just a tactical ploy to slow things down and let the team reset and get back into shape, but it seems doubtful that every manager would play that way. Maybe I’m just overanalysing it :greengrin

Regardless, I’ve been watching Hibs for a good few decades and we moaned about poor throw-ins for as long as I can remember.

Mibbes Aye
29-04-2019, 11:18 PM
Thought Berra took his goal well :greengrin

Silky touch to deceive the keeper. He might be old in years but his striking instincts shone through for us there :agree:

Bangkok Hibby
30-04-2019, 03:40 AM

There is much better movement recently to give the thrower options.