PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottoms first major error

Callum_62
28-04-2019, 01:13 PM
Dunno about anyone else but I was screaming at my telly from about 4 minutes after we scored

We seemed to drop 10 yards deeper, stopped playing on the front foot and generally looked a team sapped of energy

If that was our tactic it was stupid after totally dominating, or if our legs were going why wasnt something done

Hes not done much wrong since he arrived but i think he cost us 2 points there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibIBZ
28-04-2019, 01:15 PM
I have said as much on the match thread. We looked totally knackered after taking the lead and were crying out for a change in midfield. Bartley would of been ideal to close thing off with possible gauld to get his foot on the ball and not just limo it forward

jeffers
Couldn't work out why he waited so long to make another change. Agyepong at 88 minutes was far too late.

Watson19
I agree like, we need to constantly press them and do what we do best. Maybe too late making subs

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2019, 01:16 PM
We never won cos we missed a penalty.

Auckland Hibs
28-04-2019, 01:17 PM
We seemed to switch off and everyone started jogging around not bothering to pick up the 2nd ball - did we think the game was won?!

A double substitution was the call to make as soon as they scored.

Slivka looked like he was blowing out his arse having only played 45 mins, did he take a knock?

PiemanP
28-04-2019, 01:18 PM
Should have kept on pressing for a second goal - hearts were dead on their feet but got a lift from us sitting deeper. No idea why we didn’t bring fresh legs on in midfield either or replace Horgan sooner.

Since452
28-04-2019, 01:18 PM
That's football. It's a sore one but we're not going to win every week.

Callum_62
28-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Horgan was absolutely done in about 10 minutes before he was finally taken off

Watson19
28-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Do we think we will get 4th? Surely we will still finish above hearts

Sir David Gray
28-04-2019, 01:21 PM
Do we think we will get 4th? Surely we will still finish above hearts

Not after today, too much to do in my opinion. Just need to focus on finishing above Hearts.

tonyrougier123
28-04-2019, 01:29 PM
No mistakes imo.game was intense and we were comfortable enough with it.can understand not making sub tbh.a draw was a fair result if not ideal.hecky still unbeaten and managed the game well.players shoeed excellent endevour.hanlon and daz played superb,just a niggle that the ball dropped for that big huddy ikpeazu the way it did.

Callum_62
28-04-2019, 01:31 PM
Cant agree. We stopped playing the way we had for the previous 50 odd minutes and had totally dominated

Its 2 points thrown away

It was so quick after the goal out play changed that I think it mustve been at tactic

Or the players got complacent

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 01:32 PM
That's football. It's a sore one but we're not going to win every week.

With that attitude that is why we constantly under perform.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2019, 01:32 PM
Will there be a thread for his 2nd mistake, and if so who's going to keep count?

Watson19
28-04-2019, 01:34 PM
With that attitude that is why we constantly under perform.

If you expect hibs to win every week you’re watching the wrong team!

HibeeHibernian4
28-04-2019, 01:34 PM
Sat back, don't know why. They played awfully for the first half an hour of that second half. We had the chance to go on and kill the game off. Instead we let them come right back into it and their equaliser had a feeling of inevitability about it.

CapitalGreen
28-04-2019, 01:37 PM
Levein’s subs changed the game, they had much more energy than us in midfield after the goal and were winning every second ball. Our full backs also stopped pushing forward which gave their wingbacks free reign up the flanks.

The 90+2
28-04-2019, 01:39 PM
Levein’s subs changed the game, they had much more energy than us in midfield after the goal and were winning every second ball. Our full backs also stopped pushing forward which gave their wingbacks free reign up the flanks.

No they never. As soon as we scored we dropped back. No idea why, all they done was hoof the decking thing while playing wrestling.

shamo9
28-04-2019, 01:40 PM
We stopped playing after the first goal. We surrendered the iniative and gave them the opportunity to lump balls into the box. They weren't in the game at all up to then.

Disappointing but we've undoubtedly improved under Heckingbottom. It was a good performance up until the last 20. I'm optimistic for next season :agree:

Callum_62
28-04-2019, 01:41 PM
Will there be a thread for his 2nd mistake, and if so who's going to keep count?

Id suggest yourself [emoji1303]

Chip shop Joe
28-04-2019, 01:42 PM
No they never. As soon as we scored we dropped back. No idea why, all they done was hoof the decking thing while playing wrestling.

They put on a second striker when we scored and along with us not pressing them. This made a huge difference.

Silky
28-04-2019, 01:44 PM
Why is beating Hearts the be all and end all? I don't get it. There are 12 teams in the league. We've just played Hearts twice and taken 4 points, including a win at Tynecastle. That's not bad at all. Yeah, I get we were 1-0 up. That happens and despite the furore, we didn't get beat. There's much more to play for in a season that only beating Hearts 4 times. I don't get the obsession. If we never beat them again and finished above them every time, that wouldn't bother me.

Forza Fred
28-04-2019, 01:45 PM
Dunno about anyone else but I was screaming at my telly from about 4 minutes after we scored

We seemed to drop 10 yards deeper, stopped playing on the front foot and generally looked a team sapped of energy

If that was our tactic it was stupid after totally dominating, or if our legs were going why wasnt something done

I dunno if defending so deep was the coach's call, or if the players just went into their shell, but I could see it was going to cost us.

I would have taken Horgan off earlier, but hey ho.....Hecky's done ok since he came.

Callum_62
28-04-2019, 01:46 PM
Why is beating Hearts the be all and end all? I don't get it. There are 12 teams in the league. We've just played Hearts twice and taken 4 points, including a win at Tynecastle. That's not bad at all. Yeah, I get we were 1-0 up. That happens and despite the furore, we didn't get beat. There's much more to play for in a season that only beating Hearts 4 times. I don't get the obsession. If we never beat them again and finished above them every time, that wouldn't bother me.

Probably because winning today was vital to keep alive our faint european hopes

Id guess lots of folk will see it as us chucking that away rather than Hearts just playing well

Id have said the same if we were playing Aberdeen and the pattern of play was as today

we are hibs
28-04-2019, 01:46 PM

We should be beating that hearts team. They're rank rotten. And as for your last line that mentality is the reason we where pish poor in these games prior to 2014.

Onion
28-04-2019, 01:49 PM

Agreed. Horgan was out on his feet after 75 mins. Hecky had to bring some fresh legs on to relieve the pressure, but he didn't. But the game should have been done and dusted long before that - Hibs own fault.

HibeeHibernian4
28-04-2019, 01:51 PM
We should be beating that hearts team. They're rank rotten. And as for your last line that mentality is the reason we where pish poor in these games prior to 2014.

Their finances had a huge part to do with that too for decades 80s, 90s, 00s and the first couple of years of the 10s.

cleanyman
28-04-2019, 01:52 PM
Blew it

Simple as that

Pedantic_Hibee
28-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Hearts are embarrassing. I’ll take the point. Should have been three but ho hum. We are miles ahead of them. Hammer throwers.

Silky
28-04-2019, 01:55 PM

We did beat them a couple of weeks ago. And that rank rotten team didn't beat us. Frankly, we were really pish prior to 2014 in most games. We don't have a right to beat anyone. And at the end of the day, whether we beat Hearts or Dundee the outcome is still 3 points. I still don't get the obsession.

The 90+2
28-04-2019, 01:55 PM
They put on a second striker when we scored and along with us not pressing them. This made a huge difference.

Us turning into hearts (****) when we scored was the downfall saying that I expected it when Spark missed the pen so at least we kept it going then.

The 90+2
28-04-2019, 01:56 PM
We did beat them a couple of weeks ago. And that rank rotten team didn't beat us. Frankly, we were really pish prior to 2014 in most games. We don't have a right to beat anyone. And at the end of the day, whether we beat Hearts or Dundee the outcome is still 3 points. I still don't get the obsession.

You don’t see a difference in beating hearts or Dundee?

hhibs
28-04-2019, 01:57 PM

Horgan is a great player for Hibs but he only has the legs for 70-75mins,not sure if there is anyway to change that so.......................incorporate it into our subs and general tactics.

hhibs
28-04-2019, 02:01 PM
Blew it

Simple as that

Sadly ,I have to agree,unfortunately it just seems to the way we are,a bit soft.

Silky
28-04-2019, 02:06 PM
You don’t see a difference in beating hearts or Dundee?

In terms of the outcome at the end of the season, no. If someone said to me at the start if the season Hibs will only get 12 points and that will be as a result of beating Hearts 4 times, I'd never accept that. What's the point in that?

eastmainsmsh
28-04-2019, 02:11 PM
Should’ve went for the kill sat back and end up with a draw fraustrating and Sparky is too flashy with the penalty lol but I’d take being four points above the league champions lol

Swedish hibee
28-04-2019, 02:13 PM
Our strikers don't score that's why we don't win. Simple really.

Inconsequential
28-04-2019, 02:15 PM
The slump Hibs had prior to Neil Lennon leaving has probably cost us the chance of Europe next season and not today's result. Unfortunately McNulty has gone of the boil a bit and cost the loss of two points. The team have done very well to even reach the top six. No competitive matches in July may help to prepare the side for next season although the revenue would have been welcome.

calumhibee1
28-04-2019, 02:18 PM
The slump Hibs had prior to Neil Lennon leaving has probably cost us the chance of Europe next season and not today's result. Unfortunately McNulty has gone of the boil a bit and cost the loss of two points. The team have done very well to even reach the top six. No competitive matches in July may help to prepare the side for next season although the revenue would have been welcome.

Absolutely. If we’d taken swifter action and emptied Lennon quicker then we possibly wouldn’t have had as much ground to make up. We’ve done so well to get where we are but we probably had just a little too much to do.

BoomtownHibees

How did McNulty not scoring cost us 2 points? If he scores we would still have just gone a goal up, which we ended up doing anyway.

Sammy7nil
If you expect hibs to win every week you’re watching the wrong team!

And after dominating for 60 minutes 1 up at home to one of the worst Hearts teams i have seen you are content with a draw I would suggest a total lack of ambition. Just my opinion of course.

Inconsequential
28-04-2019, 02:19 PM
Should’ve went for the kill sat back and end up with a draw fraustrating and Sparky is too flashy with the penalty lol but I’d take being four points above the league champions lol 3 points of a difference - the league champions got a point too!

Stuart93
28-04-2019, 02:19 PM
Not sure why we sat back after scoring, invited pressure when we should’ve stayed on the front foot, their goal looked inevitable after we dropped off them. We looked more like the hibs pre Heckingbottom after we scored

Inconsequential
28-04-2019, 02:20 PM
How did McNulty not scoring cost us 2 points? If he scores we would still have just gone a goal up, which we ended up doing anyway. … and scored again. Simples.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 02:22 PM

Maybe football is not for you :greengrin

Joe6-2
28-04-2019, 02:22 PM

I think it’s more the manner of draw, we were on top, ahead and they were there for the taking

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 02:23 PM
… and scored again. Simples.

Aw so that’s how it works 👍🏼

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 02:24 PM
In terms of the outcome at the end of the season, no. If someone said to me at the start if the season Hibs will only get 12 points and that will be as a result of beating Hearts 4 times, I'd never accept that. What's the point in that?

If they said you can beat Hearts or Dundee four times what would you choose?

hibeerealist
28-04-2019, 02:29 PM

Having to play with Kamberi will not have helped him, both our front men were p I s h today

Besties Debut
28-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Is Hecky the only man in the stadium who thinks that Kamberi is a left winger and McNulty is mobile enough to play up front on his own?

Hiber-nation
28-04-2019, 02:30 PM

That was the problem for me. No idea how he stayed on so long and it cost us.

JeMeSouviens
28-04-2019, 02:47 PM
Players stopped playing, I’m not sure you can blame the manager for that? I didn’t see him waving them to play safety first and keep giving them the ball back.

B.H.F.C
28-04-2019, 02:47 PM

No difference between beating Hearts and Dundee? Really?

Beating your biggest rivals should mean so, so much more.

Moulin Yarns
28-04-2019, 02:49 PM

Still only means 3 points for a win

Means more to the supporters than the club

marinello59
28-04-2019, 02:50 PM

Pretty much.

hhibs
28-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Please,please,please Silky have a moment to rethink your position.

HibeeHibernian4
28-04-2019, 02:51 PM

It means more for sure, but do we have to throw ourselves off a cliff à la Lemmings when we don't beat them?

The 90+2
28-04-2019, 02:52 PM

If someone said to me we where only going to get 12 points and it would be beating them 4 times I would snap it up. It’s better than beating Dundee 4 times.

Pumping hearts should be main objective number 1 every season. The fact they have matched us in games is ****.

percy veer
28-04-2019, 02:52 PM
FFS, sack him now.

HibeeHibernian4
28-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Pumping hearts should be main objective number 1 every season. The fact they have matched us in games is ****.

Here are my objectives:

1) Winning the League
2) Winning the Scottish
3) Winning the League Cup
4) Finishing second
5) Qualifying for Europe
6) Getting to Hampden
7) Playing good football
8) Winning the lion's share of the derbies

Silky
28-04-2019, 02:53 PM
If someone said to me we where only going to get 12 points and it would be beating them 4 times I would snap it up. It’s better than beating Dundee 4 times.

Wouldn't we then be relegated, and pish?

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 02:54 PM
It means more for sure, but do we have to throw ourselves off a cliff à la Lemmings when we don't beat them?

Do we have to accept mediocrity year on year despite dominating games ?

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 02:55 PM
Here are my objectives:

1) Winning the League
2) Winning the Scottish
4) Finishing second
5) Qualifying for Europe
6) Getting to Hampden
7) Playing good football

Now put them in a realistic order :greengrin

The 90+2

We go into a derby and know deep down they’re better - we lose

We go into a derby, know we are better, winning, we draw.

Eventually they will be better than us again, and then we have take our round of suffering instead of their round of Jammy as fk draws and a wonder goal winner from Rob Lees laddie

B.H.F.C

I’m sitting in the pub, rather that taking the decision to have throw myself of a cliff.

I feel s**** though. Had Dundee mugged us like that I’d have been annoyed. Throwing that away today was a joke.

The feel good factor you get from beating them has such a massive affect on everything related to the club. Not to mention that it’s probably killed our chances of Europe.

The 90+2
28-04-2019, 02:57 PM
Wouldn't we then be relegated, and pish?

Nah the huns did for liquidation x2 mate we won a playoff to stay up on pens after two draws 👍

Besties Debut
28-04-2019, 02:57 PM
Here are my objectives:

1) Winning the League
2) Winning the Scottish
4) Finishing second
5) Qualifying for Europe
6) Getting to Hampden
7) Playing good football
8) Winning the lion's share of the derbies If you understand the overwhelming need to beat Hearts then you will never be a real Hibs fan

The 90+2
28-04-2019, 03:01 PM
Here are my objectives:

1) Winning the League
2) Winning the Scottish
4) Finishing second
5) Qualifying for Europe
6) Getting to Hampden
7) Playing good football

So it’s failure in all of them then?

Northernhibee
28-04-2019, 03:02 PM
Do we have to accept mediocrity year on year despite dominating games ?

I keep seeing the phrase “accepting mediocrity” pop on here and nobody ever explains what they mean. What do you mean?

The 90+2
28-04-2019, 03:04 PM
I keep seeing the phrase “accepting mediocrity” pop on here and nobody ever explains what they mean. What do you mean?

Accepting draws despite being the better side.
Accept a defeat because they are the better side because not pumped.

hhibs
28-04-2019, 03:04 PM

And you a Hibs fan too,google it.

HibeeHibernian4
28-04-2019, 03:07 PM
So it’s failure in all of them then?

This season? Yes, barring an unlikely grab of 4th place and Europe.

I'm talking about my own perspective before the start of the season.

There are so many other things in football that aren't the derby. It comes off as a massive inferiority complex that some fans are so obsessed with it. Give me a cup any day over four wins against them in a season.

Also, I do understand the frustration on here today. It was a sucker punch late on and it cost us bragging rights and three points. But the way people are going on, it's as if we didn't literally beat them three weeks and a day ago?

Keith_M
28-04-2019, 03:13 PM
Not converting our dominance into goals is what went wrong.

Our strikers, especially Flo, don't contribute enough goals.

Borderhibbie76
28-04-2019, 03:13 PM
And after dominating for 60 minutes 1 up at home to one of the worst Hearts teams i have seen you are content with a draw I would suggest a total lack of ambition. Just my opinion of course.You really are enforcing your negativity over every thread today aren't u?? Go and chill out somewhere and have a pint or too man honestly...U think the world had ended the way your going on...take a chill pill

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

familyman
28-04-2019, 03:15 PM
Should have kept on pressing for a second goal - hearts were dead on their feet but got a lift from us sitting deeper. No idea why we didn’t bring fresh legs on in midfield either or replace Horgan sooner.

yes we stopped playing after Hearts scored and the way Hearts defended most of the first half should have enabled us to get 2 goals at least..Poor distribution often from Hibs and Kamberi should show far more conviction and CONTROL on the ball ..he has slipped back again I feel.FAR FAR TOO late to bring on second substitute(Should have been Barclay anyway) and Slivka not at the races again I am sad to say.
Felt like a defeat really and only because Rocky saved us it was not..
Heckingbottom slipped up today for sure as Hearts were there for the taking.
The sudden collapse in confidence is a worry and no professional should be unable to put a penalty kick shot at least between the posts.
:flag:

Borderhibbie76
28-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Do we have to accept mediocrity year on year despite dominating games ?We are 10 league games unbeaten and jumped from 8th to 5th in league in 2 months...now 3 points clear of a team 11 ahead of us in Feb...hardly mediocrity

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Accepting draws despite being the better side.
Accept a defeat because they are the better side because not pumped.

Can you explain what not accepting todays result does?

Northernhibee
28-04-2019, 03:17 PM
And you a Hibs fan too,google it.
Have you been drinking?

JeMeSouviens
28-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Not converting our dominance into goals is what went wrong.

Our strikers, especially Flo, don't contribute enough goals.

Slivka has to bury that header as well. We don’t get enough goal threat out of Mallan either. He managed one shot I think. If he was having a few pops from 20-25 yards every game he’d be scoring at the rate he started the season at.

Northernhibee
28-04-2019, 03:18 PM
We are 10 league games unbeaten and jumped from 8th to 5th in league in 2 months...now 3 points clear of a team 11 ahead of us in Feb...hardly mediocrity

This is it. Disappointing today but it’s not “accepting mediocrity” to look at the bigger picture. “Accepting mediocrity” is just a meaningless phrase.

Keith_M
28-04-2019, 03:30 PM
This is it. Disappointing today but it’s not “accepting mediocrity” to look at the bigger picture. “Accepting mediocrity” is just a meaningless phrase.

:agree:

Just because some of us aren't slitting our wrists because we didn't win, it hardly means we're 'accepting mediocrity'.

We weren't guaranteed a win today and didn't do enough to earn one. It's up to the manager to make that clear to the players and I'll keep backing Hibs, whatever happens

Northernhibee
28-04-2019, 03:33 PM

Just because se some of us aren't slitting our wrists because we didn't win, it hardly means we're 'accepting mediocrity.

We weren't guaranteed a win today and didn't do enough toearn one. It's up to the manager to make that clear to the players and I'll keep backing Hibs, whatever happens
We need to finish the season strongly and regroup in the summer. Replace the loans, get in a few of Heckys players and get the whole squad match fit.

Ten undefeated in the league is incredible, even if today wasn’t ideal.

lyonhibs
28-04-2019, 03:35 PM

Not how football works in real life. To be honest, they'll be the happier team, but look at the trend. We're in a far better place, both short and long term.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 03:35 PM

Relegation, mid table, bottom six or take your pick.I

That is the norm for Hibs last year and 2016 are the exception

matty_f
28-04-2019, 03:36 PM
We are 10 league games unbeaten and jumped from 8th to 5th in league in 2 months...now 3 points clear of a team 11 ahead of us in Feb...hardly mediocrity

And taken 4 points from 6 against Hearts in that run.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 03:37 PM

It does your head in :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
28-04-2019, 03:38 PM
And taken 4 points from 6 against Hearts in that run.Exactly much better Hibs teams than this one have fared far worse against the Gorgie tramps and poppy thieves mate

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2019, 03:39 PM
It does your head in :greengrin

:agree: I have decided not to accept todays result, whats changed? :wink:

Gloucester Hibs
28-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Here are my objectives:

1) Winning the League
2) Winning the Scottish
4) Finishing second
5) Qualifying for Europe
6) Getting to Hampden
7) Playing good football

Finishing above them should be straight in there at number 6-ish

And we’re quite likely to do that now!

supermcginn
28-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Sat too far back the whole game. That was one one of the worst hearts teams in the last 20 years at ER.

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2019, 03:42 PM
Is Hecky the only man in the stadium who thinks that Kamberi is a left winger and McNulty is mobile enough to play up front on his own?

Worked pretty well for weeks. 10 minutes or so away from another good result. Let's not start picking him apart now. He's doing his best with another man's mess.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 03:42 PM

out two cups before semis and fifth in the league with little chance of fourth can you describe that?

HibeeHibernian4
28-04-2019, 03:48 PM
out two cups before semis and fifth in the league with little chance of fourth can you describe that?

An above average season for Hibs?

ancient hibee
28-04-2019, 03:49 PM
Interesting to see the return of the Uber Fans calling out posters for not being Hibs fans because they don’t agree with them.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 03:52 PM
An above average season for Hibs?

Ha ha exactly :greengrin

Gloucester Hibs
28-04-2019, 03:53 PM

Over the entirety of the season aye but that can’t be all levelled at PHB’s door. Nonsense. It’ll go down as a decent campaign where we secured back to back finishes above the **** for the first time in 20 + years

Jones28
28-04-2019, 03:54 PM

No one is saying it is. The fact is they were putty in our hands and we should have been out of site.

matty_f
28-04-2019, 03:54 PM
Interesting to see the return of the Uber Fans calling out posters for not being Hibs fans because they don’t agree with them.

Which ones are the Uber fans? The ones saying we shouldn't accept it or that we should? I get confused.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 03:57 PM
Over the entirety of the season aye but that can’t be all levelled at PHB’s door. Nonsense. It’ll go down as a decent campaign where we secured back to back finishes above the **** for the first time in 20 + years

No one is levelling that at PH it is just typical Hibs mediocre. We have blips were we do well in the main we are mediocre for a club our size.

FFS you said it once in twenty years back to back above them. And no back to back wins against Hearts in 22 years !!

Gloucester Hibs
28-04-2019, 04:00 PM
No one is levelling that at PH it is just typical Hibs mediocre. We have blips were we do well in the main we are mediocre for a club our size.

FFS you said it once in twenty years back to back above them. And no back to back wins against Hearts in 22 years !!

Perspective/pragmatism required dude. We are not that great ourselves (yet) GGTTH

allezsauzee
28-04-2019, 04:07 PM
I don't think it was an error by Hecky, I think the players dropped their performance levels after scoring. Ultimately we didn't show enough composure for a lot of that game and our decision making at times is poor especially in the final third. Today should be informative for him though with regards to where we need to strengthen. Scotty Allan will certainly bring some creativity but we need a couple of strikers.

Nicho87
28-04-2019, 04:16 PM
Selling slivka would be a start. Chicken hearted

allezsauzee
28-04-2019, 04:25 PM

Have to say he's become a disappointment to me. There is a player there but he's simply not produced enough on the park.

squire
28-04-2019, 04:25 PM
I cant believe I am typing this but Levein taking off his teenagers at 60-70 mins and going 2 up front got Hearts a point. We scored and our space to play football in was gone. Mallan and Slivka in the middle were never going to dig us out after that and Horgan thought he had won the game after the goal

The 90+2
28-04-2019, 04:26 PM

Makes me more bitter to beat the ****s next time personally 😉

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Makes me more bitter to beat the ****s next time personally 😉
Terrific, does it work?

The 90+2
28-04-2019, 04:30 PM
Terrific, does it work?

Experience says no. It’s why I’m a moany bassa 🤭

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2019, 04:34 PM
Experience says no. It’s why I’m a moany bassa 🤭

No argument here, i just wonder who these people are who accept results like today, and what they could do any different to change it into a win?

SingaporeHibs
28-04-2019, 04:56 PM
I would have done a couple of things differently to PH today. I would have replaced Flo with Shaw as against that lot we should of had 2 strikers on the pitch. I also would have made the other 2 subs much earlier than we did as I think we needed fresh legs. There is no way to guess if any of that would have worked in our favour or not. It’s all in the category of coulda, woulda, shoulda and then a huge dose of fantasy.
Overall though, IMO PH didn’t lose us 2 points today. We lost 2 points because we didn’t take the gilt edge chances to put the game to bed when they came our way. We did have those chances laid on a plate.

Clarence
28-04-2019, 05:04 PM
I think he’s done a good job since coming in considering the poor form of the team under Lennon. Key objective for next year has to be winning more games at home against top 6 teams. Our record is pretty poor as we don’t seem to be able to capitalise when we dominate in games.

The 90+2
28-04-2019, 05:08 PM
No argument here, i just wonder who these people are who accept results like today, and what they could do any different to change it into a win?

It’s the mysterious science of being a Hibee.

gaz1875
28-04-2019, 05:10 PM
No errors from PH today, he can only field the players he has at his disposal. Unfortunately we don't have anyone good enough to partner McNulty, okay he missed a penalty,but his touch is usually spot on, winds up the opposition doing things we don't nomally do, stopping quick freekicks and making a nuisance of himself. Kamberi was terrible, Slivka was brought on to play as attacking mid, it worked in parts but missed a great chance. It also put another player through the middle where we were getting space. Just done at the end by the players not pressing, other than Omeonga (again on his own).

chrisski33
28-04-2019, 05:11 PM

I fail to see where heck has made an error.

The 90+2
28-04-2019, 05:12 PM

He should have been barking orders to stop playing like Hearts once we scored.

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2019, 05:18 PM

Ah yes, he was our problem today :faf:

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2019, 05:26 PM

Does he strike you as a manager who doesn’t learn?

NAE NOOKIE
28-04-2019, 05:37 PM
When a team starts dropping back when in the lead with 15 or so minutes to go its never easy to tell whether that's the manager's fault or if its just a natural reaction. Missing a penalty and a point blank chance is what cost us in the end.

I do think though that when they equalised he should immediately have brought on Agyepong, doing it with 3 minutes to go was too late, in fact I don't think he got a kick of the ball.

Yes it is disappointing to draw a game we should have won, but that's 10 games unbeaten FFS … its pretty good going even to still be in the hunt for Europe considering what we were like before Heckingbottom turned up.

Arch Stanton
28-04-2019, 06:34 PM

I'm with you on that.

If we had been in the habit of playing fully flat out for 90 mins of every other match this season then deciding not to so today would be an enormous blunder.

However, that just isn't so.

Hearts managed to force their way back into the game after being battered for most of the game and then going behind. Football goes that way sometimes.

Unseen work
28-04-2019, 07:23 PM
Think it’s the players mistake.

Goal was scored and they sat back and took foot off the pedal.

Maybe Heck should have spotted this? Made a sub but I never fancied Bartley as he would have got pressured in the ball.

Callum_62
28-04-2019, 07:26 PM
Does he strike you as a manager who doesn’t learn?

Absolutely not - im just surprised he didnt change it as i could see a goal or at least some decent chances on there way

Hes done an incredible job since he came in - that cant be in question

I notice he did say after the game the players took there foot off the gas and we cant have that

BILLYHIBS
28-04-2019, 07:33 PM

Aye

Pilrig_Sauzee
28-04-2019, 09:56 PM
Although he could maybe have adjusted the midfield with a sub, and switched out Horgan sooner, I think we have to accept in the ebb and flow of a derby, Hearts took their chance during a period of pressure. We won at Tynie but we were on the ropes for the first 25 minutes, so as much as i dislike their general style of play,i don't believe we are thenvastly superior side some would suggest.

But days like today underline the reality that our team and squad is not good enough yet. We aren't strong enough and we aren't clinical enough to be higher up the league. PH has done really well to get an imbalanced squad as high as it is, but I don't see McNulty or Omeonga here next season and if we removed them from today's game (although McNulty was a bit average-for him) we might have been struggling against a pretty average Hearts team.

Pilrig_Sauzee
28-04-2019, 10:01 PM
Two challenges for PH next season:

Get into Kamberi's head and make him the football player he could be.

GET into Shaw's head and make him believe in himself.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 10:03 PM
Although he could maybe have adjusted the midfield with a sub, and switched out Horgan sooner, I think we have to accept in the ebb and flow of a derby, Hearts took their chance during a period of pressure. We won at Tynie but we were on the ropes for the first 25 minutes, so as much as i dislike their general style of play,i don't believe we are thenvastly superior side some would suggest.

But days like today underline the reality that our team and squad is not good enough yet. We aren't strong enough and we aren't clinical enough to be higher up the league. PH has done really well to get an imbalanced squad as high as it is, but I don't see McNulty or Omeonga here next season and if we removed them from today's game (although McNulty was a bit average-for him) we might have been struggling against a pretty average Hearts team.

Replace them with Boyle and Allan and we probably win. So next season may not be too bad.

Forza Fred
28-04-2019, 10:16 PM
The reality is we are not as good as some appear to think we are.

If you had told me just before Lenny left that we would go on a 10 game unbeaten run, which included 2 derbies, I’m pretty sure everybody would have signed up for that without question.

In this particular game, both sides were at times bloody awful.

If McNulty’s penalty had of went in, instead of hitting the post, most would be singing and dancing, so it is very much a game of fine margins.

If we were guaranteed beating and drawing with Hearts within the space of a few weeks every season, then Without question I would grab at that offer.

I can understand the disappointment of losing a late equaliser, but still think some need to chill out just a wee bit.

Borderhibbie76
29-04-2019, 12:15 AM

If you had told me just before Lenny left that we would go on a 10 game unbeaten run, which included 2 derbies, I’m pretty sure everybody would have signed up for that without question.

If McNulty’s penalty had of went in, instead of hitting the post, most would be singing and dancing, so it is very much a game of fine margins.

If we were guaranteed beating and drawing with Hearts within the space of a few weeks every season, then Without question I would grab at that offer.

I can understand the disappointment of losing a late equaliser, but still think some need to chill out just a wee bit.Spot on and your correct we aren't as good as some where making out pre game and we aren't as vastly superior to them as some make out neither...the league table doesn't lie and there is 3pts between us currently. Hecky has done amazing since he came in but we need fresh blood in the summer particularly middle to front and am sure he knows that himself

WeeRussell
29-04-2019, 12:22 AM
I thought we looked at our most comfortable for a spell at 1-0 (Sutton etc commenting that hearts looked out of the game).

They’ve nicked a well taken goal and from there were right back into it and could have ended up winning.

We definitely looked the better team but never put them away and in fact didn’t create that many chances while in front. For that reason I actually accept a draw was a fair result, and don’t blame our manager for it.

ozhibs
29-04-2019, 12:22 AM

In this particular game, both sides were at times bloody awfu

I can understand the disappointment of losing a late equaliser, but still think some need to chill out just a wee bit.

We not be as good as some people think, I never get the 3-0 4-0 ****, but we should have put hertz to bed, we let them off the hook
We had a chance of catching Killie but as usual we ****** it up
GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2019, 06:29 AM
We not be as good as some people think, I never get the 3-0 4-0 ****, but we should have put hertz to bed, we let them off the hook
GGTTHAs usual. I'm glad the guys on the pitch have more heart than you.

matty_f
29-04-2019, 07:00 AM
GGTTH

"as usual"

Up until the weekend our form under Hecky had been league-winning form.

bigwheel
29-04-2019, 08:32 AM
GGTTH

We've gone 11 without a loss in the league...winning most of them...without that run we wouldn't have been in the top 6 , let along having a remote chance of catching Killie...It has been anything but "usual"...

Since452
29-04-2019, 08:35 AM
GGTTH

Wasn't so long ago we were being ripped apart by Kilmarnock and Motherwell. Incredible we are where we are now.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2019, 09:57 AM

I don't think many Hibs fans have an inflated idea of how good we are, the very fact that Heckingbottom has managed to get so much out of what is a decent but limited squad is why so many Hibs fans are warming to him. I think most of us recognise that the team can be improved.

In the fine margins of football if you turned the last two derby results from an away win and home draw to an away draw and home win with yesterday's game being the away one you wouldn't be hearing any complaints.

WeeRussell
29-04-2019, 11:37 AM
An awful lot of talk/blame being placed on the missed penalty, which was at 0-0. We then went on to take the lead shortly after.

Unless I've gone completely mental and we missed it at 1-0? :confused:

JimBHibees
29-04-2019, 11:53 AM
I thought we looked at our most comfortable for a spell at 1-0 (Sutton etc commenting that hearts looked out of the game).

They’ve nicked a well taken goal and from there were right back into it and could have ended up winning.

We definitely looked the better team but never put them away and in fact didn’t create that many chances while in front. For that reason I actually accept a draw was a fair result, and don’t blame our manager for it.

Agree with this wasnt at the game but watched the second half last night and thought we were cruising when they scored. Obviously a 1 0 lead is precarious however up to that they didnt looked like scoring at all and the bizarre nature of the cut back hitting from McLeans right to left foot to fall perfectly for Ikpeazu was incredibly unlucky but suppose similarly luck in our goal also. Agree also very few chances in the game.

Keith_M
29-04-2019, 12:04 PM

We aren't suddenly a team of world-beaters and Hearts aren't nearly as awful as we would like to think.

I'm glad Hecky's here but sometimes we can get a bit ahead of ourselves when we suddenly have a patch of good results.

Remember, he's not the Messiah...although he was a bit of a naughty boy in his after match comments ;)

silverhibee
29-04-2019, 12:23 PM
"as usual"

Up until the weekend our form under Hecky had been league-winning form.

But he made a mistake according to the Fifa licensed managers on here.

The guy is doing a great job and next season will only get better under him, yes we needed to win yesterday and I'm sure he knew that but nothing is a given in football.

I'm Spartacus
29-04-2019, 01:07 PM
We'll play worse and win. I'm happy with a point as that game could've went either way, by that I mean their keeper had some excellent saves yet it took a deflection to score. At the game I wasn't sure it was a penalty as Hanlon came from behind when he was mid-kick, no matter who it is I just seen it as unfortunate timing, but on the replay it is IMO. The overhead kick was never a threat of going in.

I do laugh that somebody has picked up on Hecks ONE error :)

Kato
29-04-2019, 05:41 PM
I cant believe I am typing this but Levein taking off his teenagers at 60-70 mins and going 2 up front got Hearts a point. We scored and our space to play football in was gone. Mallan and Slivka in the middle were never going to dig us out after that and Horgan thought he had won the game after the goal

The rotational fouling benefitted them as well if you have to wax lyrical about potter.

ahibby
29-04-2019, 05:56 PM
Levine gambled and it paid off. They could have been 3 down before they made a change. Maybe a coincidence that LD said last week that we need a deeper pool next season. The lack of subs made perhaps was evidence of that.

Stuart93
30-04-2019, 08:35 PM
Heckingbottom might be getting pulled up regarding his “punch his teeth out” comment. No action against Defoe for genuinely trying to punch someone’s teeth out though. ****ing beggars belief