PDA

View Full Version : Why we lose to Hearts

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 01:13 PM
Because of the ****ing negative waves!!!
Hibs fans...man the **** up and throw some positivity out there

Since452
28-04-2019, 01:14 PM
We've lost 3 out of last 16

Moulin Yarns
28-04-2019, 01:14 PM

Unless I'm missing something it was a draw

Diclonius
28-04-2019, 01:15 PM
We drew though?

calumhibee1

We drew.. and there was no negativity near me.

Baader
We didn't lose to them. :confused:

Pete
28-04-2019, 01:16 PM
😂

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 01:16 PM
Yes yes, sorry Im still boiling 😡
Why we cannae hump them every time...better?

Pretty Boy
28-04-2019, 01:21 PM
Our problem is too many won't be angry enough. Hearts fans would need a hotline to the Samaritans if they chucked a Derby away like that.

They have been a laughing stock amongst our fans for weeks, are missing their best player and they have mugged a point off us because of our own failings. Missed a penalty, Slivka headers one straight at the keeper from 5 yards out, we missed countless half chances then we do score and sit off, start hoofing it and then a comedy or errors gifts them a goal.

It was really, really poor from us and faux positivity doesn't change that.

SaulGoodman
28-04-2019, 01:23 PM
Our problem is too many won't be angry enough. Hearts fans would need a hotline to the Samaritans if they chucked a Derby away like that.

They have been a laughing stock amongst our fans for weeks, are missing their best player and they have mugged a point off us because of our own failings. Missed a penalty, Slivka headers one straight at the keeper from 5 yards out, we missed countless half chances then we do score and sit off, start hoofing it and then a comedy or errors gifts them a goal.

I think you need to take a breather mate

cleanyman
28-04-2019, 01:23 PM
That was so unprofessional

Raging

Europe is gone

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2019, 01:24 PM

I think it came off Slivka's shoulder.

Bangkok Hibby
Yea I'm just so mad at this result. Anybody want to delete the thread feel free. Im on my phone and no idea how to

Pretty Boy
I think it came off Slivka's shoulder.

Well that's OK then.

Diclonius
28-04-2019, 01:28 PM

We can't hump them every time because we are similarly sized clubs with equal resources and neither side has enough of a financial advantage to establish a long period of dominance without spending money they don't have.

We have squads of equal quality this season and derby results ended even. That's fair enough.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 01:29 PM

I think you are bang on mate :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2019, 01:30 PM
Well that's OK then.

That's not like you mate, I'll let it fly though.

28-04-2019, 01:35 PM

Looks like some hibs fans do need a hotline for the Samaritans. We sneaked a close game at Tynie and people suddenly expect us to walk it. Then act as if it’s the end of the world when we draw a game we should have won. We switched off after we scored. We’re unbeaten since PH came in. Perspective is needed. Derbies have always and will always be close games and losing the plot about some nonexistent mentality issue seems irrational.

Steve20
28-04-2019, 01:42 PM

I thought the fans got behind the team well today. They let themselves and the support down by disappearing after we scored.

Forza Fred
28-04-2019, 01:42 PM
We were Tom Kite and they were Tom kIte too.

We were never in danger of losing the match though.

Don't see where the call for rusty razor blades benefits us.

Its a derby...we missed a penalty and played below par, but we never got beat.

Realistically we were never gonna finish fourth, but we should finish above the manky mob.

Since452
28-04-2019, 01:43 PM
Looks like some hibs fans do need a hotline for the Samaritans. We sneaked a close game at Tynie and people suddenly expect us to walk it. Then act as if it’s the end of the world when we draw a game we should have won. We switched off after we scored. We’re unbeaten since PH came in. Perspective is needed. Derbies have always and will always be close games and losing the plot about some nonexistent mentality issue seems irrational.

Yup. Hearts can't beat us after claiming natural order was back when they we're 11 points ahead and winning the league. They're now celebrating draws in derbys.

Gloucester Hibs
28-04-2019, 01:43 PM

Spot on, bit of perspective required. I think the game after we pumped them 6-2 also ended up 1-1.

Wasn’t like we played them off the park at the PBS. Wasn’t even like they pummelled us at 1-0 today, was a scrappy goal full of errors, the only type they were only ever going to score today.

The 90+2
28-04-2019, 01:46 PM

I take my greatest personal enjoyment in football beating them. That was taken away today. Apologies for being a tad upset.

How come when we are better we ****in struggle but when they are we end up getting horsed? It’s ****.

The good thing is that’s them for the season. They where either going to draw today or fluke the final.

tamig
28-04-2019, 01:47 PM
The point is this game was there for the taking. We should have been on easy street going into the last ten. It was a good opportunity to close in on fourth and we chucked it.

GreenCastle
28-04-2019, 01:48 PM
Delete this thread - something I would expect from kickback.

Hecky still unbeaten - we should have won today but the players will know it.

Unbeaten in 2 against them and confident if we have Hecky next season and them Levein we will win more than we lost against them.

we are hibs
28-04-2019, 01:50 PM
We can't hump them every time because we are similarly sized clubs with equal resources and neither side has enough of a financial advantage to establish a long period of dominance without spending money they don't have.

We have squads of equal quality this season and derby results ended even. That's fair enough.

Sorry but this is nonsense. That's one of the worst hearts teams I've ever seen turn up at Easter road and we should've beaten them. They brought on Ryan Edwards ffs. Could barely get a game at st.mirren

leither17
28-04-2019, 01:51 PM

Raging

Europe is gone

Here he is right on cue

calumhibee1
28-04-2019, 01:55 PM

Bang on. We should have won, we conceded a scrappy goal and drew. It’s nothing to do with some soft attitude from the fans or players.

Onion
28-04-2019, 01:59 PM
This Hibs team and the club as whole deserve a bit more respect. Our record against that mob is very decent in the last 5 or 6 years. Silly thread, stupid title.

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 02:01 PM

Maybe thought you could see the irony in my first post but really the negativity leading up to derbies for decades has been incredible. Of course it doesnt have an affect

calumhibee1
28-04-2019, 02:02 PM
This Hibs team and the club as whole deserve a bit more respect. Our record against that mob is very decent in the last 5 or 6 years. Silly thread, stupid title.

:agree:

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Delete this thread - something I would expect from kickback.

Hecky still unbeaten - we should have won today but the players will know it.

Unbeaten in 2 against them and confident if we have Hecky next season and them Levein we will win more than we lost against them.

Yea yea thanks. I suggested deleting the thread because i was raging at the Hibs fans negativity in other threads before the game. Not the team. Anyway **** it, people will read into it what they want

hhibs
28-04-2019, 02:06 PM

I know where you are coming from,felt like a loss.

Since452
28-04-2019, 02:12 PM
Drawing with Hearts is never acceptable. Especially from a winning position with 6 minutes to go. Thats what happens when you miss chances like we did.

HibeeHibernian4
28-04-2019, 02:16 PM

Because that's not how football works, and most five year olds can understand that.

hibeerealist
28-04-2019, 02:17 PM

Spot on PB

hhibs
28-04-2019, 02:27 PM

Agreed Pretty Boy,too soft by half and that goes for the apologists in our own support.

calumhibee1
28-04-2019, 02:28 PM
Agreed Pretty Boy,too soft by half and that goes for the apologists in our own support.

Too soft. Ridiculous. We lost a flukey goal after missing good chances. If we were that soft we wouldn’t have been by far the better team. We’d have shat the bed and not turned up instead.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 02:30 PM
Because that's not how football works, and most five year olds can understand that.

they don't

Phil MaGlass
28-04-2019, 02:31 PM
I think their mentality to derbies is better,
they have a ´these knuts are no gonnae beat us" attitude. Whereas we dont, simple.

hhibs
28-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Too soft. Ridiculous. We lost a flukey goal after missing good chances. If we were that soft we wouldn’t have been by far the better team. We’d have shat the bed and not turned up instead.

Nope,team went soft after we scored.The goal always looked like coming as they upped their game and we fell into ,uhm..................... softness !

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 02:32 PM

For nearly twenty minutes we did not touch the ball the fact that they were the only team who looked like scoring at 1-1 suggests we were soft and they had a desire.

hhibs
28-04-2019, 02:33 PM
For nearly twenty minutes we did not touch the ball the fact that they were the only team who looked like scoring at 1-1 suggests we were soft and they had a desire.

As I saw it.

Smartie
28-04-2019, 02:35 PM
I think their mentality to derbies is better,
they have a ´these knuts are no gonnae beat us" attitude. Whereas we dont, simple.

Whilst that may be true, at the moment I'd still rather have our manager, our squad of players, our stadium, our board of directors et etc etc.

That mentality scraped them a point from a game when they were 2nd best in every other department.

Besties Debut
28-04-2019, 02:35 PM
I think you need to take a breather mate No he doesnt..... Its known as being disappointed. Its what real Hibs fans feel when they throw away 2 points against Hearts

Speedway
28-04-2019, 02:37 PM
I said on the match thread that this game was being contest by two limited and largely paceless teams.

We still had the more quality but didn’t make it count.

Midfield still the issue for me.

Besties Debut
28-04-2019, 02:39 PM
Too soft. Ridiculous. We lost a flukey goal after missing good chances. If we were that soft we wouldn’t have been by far the better team. We’d have shat the bed and not turned up instead. We did ''shat'' the bed when we went a goal up and then decided to down tools.

Borderhibbie76
28-04-2019, 02:40 PM
Sorry but this is nonsense. That's one of the worst hearts teams I've ever seen turn up at Easter road and we should've beaten them. They brought on Ryan Edwards ffs. Could barely get a game at st.mirrenThe worst Hearts team?? Have a word...we are only 3pts above them in league?? Weve lost to far far worse Hertz sides in past...utter nonsense

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 02:43 PM
The worst Hearts team?? Have a word...we are only 3pts above them in league?? Weve lost to far far worse Hertz sides in past...utter nonsense

Have you seen their record over the last twenty games? Only Dundee have a worse record. They really are not very good.

Borderhibbie76
28-04-2019, 02:44 PM
Have you seen their record over the last twenty games? Only Dundee have a worse record.Yes and they are 6th 1 place below us in table...we lost to their reserves 4 times under Butcher...so like I say nowhere near the worst Herts team to rock up at ER

HibeeHibernian4
28-04-2019, 02:45 PM

If behaving like Hearts fans is the answer, I'd rather not know the question.

HibeeHibernian4
28-04-2019, 02:47 PM
[/B]

they don't

I said it partly in jest, but I have a 7 year old nephew and I think he's aware that Hibs can't simply "hump Hearts every time" like the OP suggested.

hhibs
28-04-2019, 02:48 PM
If behaving like Hearts fans is the answer, I'd rather not know the question.

That is not what he said,I agree with his comments

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 02:48 PM
Yes and they are 6th 1 place below us in table...we lost to their reserves 4 times under Butcher...so like I say nowhere near the worst Herts team to rock up at ER

Yeah we should be pleased with the draw because they are obviously a very decent team despite the horrendous run they are on :confused::confused:

Besties Debut
28-04-2019, 02:49 PM
If behaving like Hearts fans is the answer, I'd rather not know the question. No doubt you will be happy with todays result. The last thing we want is Hibs winning and Hibs fans daring to think we are better than them.

HibeeHibernian4
28-04-2019, 02:49 PM
That is not what he said,I agree with his comments

"Our problem is too many won't be angry enough. Hearts fans would need a hotline to the Samaritans if they chucked a Derby away like that."

Maybe I'm inferring incorrectly, but it seems that he's saying we should be more angry as a fanbase, and then gives an example of how Hearts fans are.

hhibs
28-04-2019, 02:54 PM
"Our problem is too many won't be angry enough. Hearts fans would need a hotline to the Samaritans if they chucked a Derby away like that."

Maybe I'm inferring incorrectly, but it seems that he's saying we should be more angry as a fanbase, and then gives an example of how Hearts fans are.

You are correct,you are taking the wrong inference,I believe.

we are hibs
28-04-2019, 02:55 PM
The worst Hearts team?? Have a word...we are only 3pts above them in league?? Weve lost to far far worse Hertz sides in past...utter nonsense

Name me a worse hearts team that's turned up at Easter road. No excuses for not winning today. Bottled it.

HFC93
28-04-2019, 02:55 PM
Certain folk need to take a deep breath. Just because some of us aren't posting irrational rubbish it doesn't mean we're still not massively disappointed with the result.

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 02:56 PM
This is all over the place now. My opening post was about Hibs fans going into Derbies with negative thoughts....NOTHING ELSE. Whilst I dont necessarily believe positive thoughts will affect the outcome of a game surely to **** its worth a try?????

calumhibee1
28-04-2019, 02:59 PM
We did ''shat'' the bed when we went a goal up and then decided to down tools.

Aye, we decided to down tools.

Tell you what, some folk are doing an absolute injustice to the players and manager by claiming they’re too soft or downed tools today. We’re 10 or 11 unbeaten. We’re far from soft and we definitely didn’t down tools.

People do realise that once Hearts conceded they changed things up to stop things just carrying on the way they were? This idea we should have just continued to batter them is nice and all that, but it’s not really how football works.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 03:04 PM

Tell you what, some folk are doing an absolute injustice to the players and manager by claiming they’re too soft or downed tools today. We’re 10 or 11 unbeaten. We’re far from soft and we definitely didn’t down tools.

People do realise that once Hearts conceded they changed things up to stop things just carrying on the way they were? This idea we should have just continued to batter them is nice and all that, but it’s not really how football works.

So when Hearts changed and we were getting battered why did we not change ? Only one team looked like winning when they scored and it was not Hibs

HFC93
28-04-2019, 03:04 PM

No room for sensible analysis here mate.

hhibs
28-04-2019, 03:05 PM
So when Hearts changed and we were getting battered why did we not change ? Only one team looked like winning when they scored and it was not Hibs

Indeed !

Nakedmanoncrack
28-04-2019, 03:07 PM
This is all over the place now. My opening post was about Hibs fans going into Derbies with negative thoughts....NOTHING ELSE. Whilst I dont necessarily believe positive thoughts will affect the outcome of a game surely to **** its worth a try?????

Hearts fans were so positive before today that they couldn't sell their tickets, which is usually the case when they fear losing.

hhibs
28-04-2019, 03:07 PM
No room for sensible analysis here mate.

Suggest you take on board Sammy7nil's post

Keith_M
28-04-2019, 03:08 PM

What on earth are you on about?

Who lost?

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Ok i was gutted we lost that late goal, i'm now furious, hope this helps.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2019, 03:10 PM
We did ''shat'' the bed when we went a goal up and then decided to down tools.

Too busy thinking about going out on the pish straight after the game for the POTY awards.

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Hearts fans were so positive before today that they couldn't sell their tickets, which is usually the case when they fear losing.

Whataboutery

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 03:19 PM
What on earth are you on about?

Who lost?

Read the whole thread

Hermit Crab
28-04-2019, 03:23 PM
Hibs needed the second goal to kill the game and didn't go for it. Incredible that we decided to sit back and try to see out a game with 21 minutes left to play. Hearts were always going to get a chance in the last 20 and when it came they took it. They stole a draw but will be the happier team without doubt.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2019, 03:25 PM
What would have been the change?
Just asking.
Your option might not be someone else’s option though.
What if it didn’t work out and we lost?

We had an opportunity to score from a penalty kick and failed, how can we be sure a change would have worked?

The point was they changed we did not for ten minutes before they scored it was coming. There were options on the bench we failed to even try to change things and the obvious happened.

lyonhibs
28-04-2019, 03:28 PM
Unbeaten in 10, could have won it. In a good place to challenge fit Europe. Think back 3 months ffs.

matty_f
28-04-2019, 03:38 PM
Unbeaten in 10, could have won it. In a good place to challenge fit Europe. Think back 3 months ffs.

And 4 points from 6 against Hearts in the last two fixtures. Hearts with their amazing mentality have got 1. For the season, we're equal across the games, and with the injuries we've had Hearts have come into some of those games as favourites.

hibsbollah
28-04-2019, 03:44 PM
It's disappointing, but we remain ahead of them, we remain unbeaten in the league under Heck and we outplayed them again. All is rosy in the garden as far as I'm concerned.

Iggy Pope
28-04-2019, 03:48 PM
Read the whole thread

It’s all over the place though.

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 03:48 PM
It’s all over the place though.

Twat 😀😀😀😀👍🏻

supermcginn
28-04-2019, 03:53 PM

Total slaver

ancient hibee
28-04-2019, 03:58 PM
He ky says the players took their foot off the gas after we scoredI agree with him(I’m sure he’ll be glad to learn).

Jones28
28-04-2019, 04:02 PM
The difference between the two sides was a penalty. That's all.

jgl07
28-04-2019, 04:10 PM
Don't post when you are pissed.

You know it makes sense.

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 04:14 PM
Don't post when you are pissed.

You know it makes sense.

Dont post when in judgemental, huvnae read the whole thread mode

emerald green
28-04-2019, 05:18 PM

:agree: I've seen Hibs chuck away what should have been a comfortable win against Hearts far too many times ever the years. Today was yet another classic example.

In fact, we could easily have lost this match after they equalised. The number of late goals we seem to concede against them is gut wrenching.

Keith_M
28-04-2019, 05:22 PM
Dont post when in judgemental, huvnae read the whole thread mode

You're the one that's suggesting that: a) Hibs Lost, even though it was a draw, b) They lose because of some imperceptible negativity from the Fans.. something that I wasn't aware of at today's game..

Feel free to explain either of these.

EI255
29-04-2019, 05:27 PM
Am I missing something?

It's was a draw, I think? [emoji848]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
29-04-2019, 05:36 PM
Am I missing something?

It's was a draw, I think? [emoji848]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Yes

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2019, 05:38 PM

This is nonsense. What negatives waves?

Frazerbob
29-04-2019, 05:40 PM
What a ****ing dreadful thread.

Since452
29-04-2019, 07:11 PM
We're all hurting. Cut they guy some slack

Borderhibbie76
29-04-2019, 09:32 PM
Name me a worse hearts team that's turned up at Easter road. No excuses for not winning today. Bottled it.Plenty their team of teenagers that beat us twice in the relegation season 0f 13/14 for starters

Diclonius
29-04-2019, 10:18 PM
Plenty their team of teenagers that beat us twice in the relegation season 0f 13/14 for starters

And our team of reserves after a bad run of form under Mixu that stole a 1-0 win at Tynecastle against a team that got into Europe in their next game.

Teams win or draw derbies after putting in bad performances. We have no god-given right to beat Hearts just because "they're pish". People tend to forget that our rivals are the same size as us rather than the same size as, say, Hamilton.

Sir David Gray
29-04-2019, 10:50 PM
I'm actually still a bit annoyed/angry about yesterday.

We were so far ahead of them it was unreal but still managed to not beat them. Yes I know we won at Tynecastle a few weeks ago and I know we're now unbeaten in 10 games but our inability to beat Hearts on a consistent basis when we have played better than them really irks me.

Let's not kid ourselves, they are not a good side, we bossed them all over the pitch, except where it matters. I thought their general play was brutal and they clearly had a gameplan to just kick anything in green that moved.

They'll be delighted to come away with a draw. It's something that I really wish would change. If Hearts outplay us and win then fair enough but there have been far too many examples in recent years of us being the better side against them but still managing to somehow not win. Pretty fed up with it to be honest.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-04-2019, 11:18 PM

We were so far ahead of them it was unreal but still managed to not beat them. Yes I know we won at Tynecastle a few weeks ago and I know we're now unbeaten in 10 games but our inability to beat Hearts on a consistent basis when we have played better than them really irks me.

Let's not kid ourselves, they are not a good side, we bossed them all over the pitch, except where it matters. I thought their general play was brutal and they clearly had a gameplan to just kick anything in green that moved.

They'll be delighted to come away with a draw. It's something that I really wish would change. If Hearts outplay us and win then fair enough but there have been far too many examples in recent years of us being the better side against them but still managing to somehow not win. Pretty fed up with it to be honest.

It’s not like we don’t have folks that know the script in this fixture
History is pock-marked with such results which not to be expected, hardl a surprise to some battle-scarred Hibees :/

Since452
30-04-2019, 09:33 AM
On the flip side Hearts must wonder what they have to do to consistently beat us. 3 wins in 16 is shocking. They've had hundereds of players through the door in that time.

Here’s Lucy!
30-04-2019, 04:26 PM

Raging

Europe is gone

Have you been listening to The Smiths? Or perhaps a Kenny Rogers/Dolly Parton duet?

Ringothedog
30-04-2019, 04:31 PM

You should have been around during their 22 games run, in some of the games we would absolutely batter them and they would still sneak a win or most occasions a draw. Sunday was similar to back then

Smartie
30-04-2019, 04:53 PM
You should have been around during their 22 games run, in some of the games we would absolutely batter them and they would still sneak a win or most occasions a draw. Sunday was similar to back then

Sunday was bad early 90s retro.

Sammy7nil
30-04-2019, 05:01 PM

The worst i can recall was 2-2 at home we absolutely battered them Colquhoun scored two wonder strikes both from about 25 - 30 yds

Albanian Hibs
30-04-2019, 05:26 PM

Well my 5 year old and 7 year old dont understand that. They think hibs should win every week.

Keith_M
30-04-2019, 06:09 PM
Well my 5 year old and 7 year old dont understand that. They think hibs should win every week.

I agree with them.

Wilson
30-04-2019, 06:12 PM

Get them a seat in the boardroom.

Phil MaGlass
01-05-2019, 08:54 AM

They should not be anywhere near ER with a mindset like that, kids might be scarred for life

eastterrace
01-05-2019, 09:05 AM
The worst i can recall was 2-2 at home we absolutely battered them Colquhoun scored two wonder strikes both from about 25 - 30 yds sure that was the postponed new year game , mickey weir was brilliant that night.

Diclonius
01-05-2019, 09:28 AM

Could be worse (or better?) - during the 12 game run not too long ago we were utterly hopeless in almost every game. I went to all but one of those and can only remember one that we actually deserved to win - the 2-2 at Easter Road where Zaliukas was sent off around 30 minutes, conceding a penalty equaliser. We proceeded to batter them for the next 50 minutes after missing about 3 amazing chances, then finally went ahead in the 80th minute only for them to go up the park and equalise immediately. It honestly felt as if it was a joke to them, like they were bored after winning so many times and were giving us a game to see if we could score a goal against ten men. Riordan then missed another couple great chances before the end of the game for good measure. I came out of that game feeling more sickened than some of the defeats.

I think we also put in a semi decent shift in the last game of the run (the 1-1 at ER immediately after the cup final) but that felt more like two crap teams incapable of finishing each other off than anything.

HFC93
01-05-2019, 10:24 AM
One of my favourite things that I read and hear Hibs fans saying is: 'That's the worst Hearts team ever'. It's such a knee-jerk football fan reaction. I'm 29 and I've seen worse Hearts sides than the current mob.

matty_f
01-05-2019, 10:30 AM
One of my favourite things that I read and hear Hibs fans saying is: 'That's the worst Hearts team ever'. It's such a knee-jerk football fan reaction. I'm 29 and I've seen worse Hearts sides than the current mob.

That line has been trotted out several times over the last few years. :agree:

matty_f
01-05-2019, 10:32 AM
sure that was the postponed new year game , mickey weir was brilliant that night.

Derbies were mental during that period. There were a few games where we left Easter Road or Tiny scratching our heads at how we'd managed not to win.

I remember a 0-0 at Easter Road where Brian Hamilton had a penalty saved. We battered them that game and if it had finished 3 or 4 nil to Hibs there would have been no complaints.

jonny
01-05-2019, 10:51 AM

I've had season tickets for my kids for 3 years now, they're 7, 9 and 11 (renewed for next year as well).
They are exactly the same, in fairness in the last 3 seasons our home record has been excellent so I can kind of understand their logic. In the last 3 seasons we have lost a total of 8 league home games (1 in 16/17, 4 in 17/18 and 3 so far this season), in 50 home matches its not a bad return. I can't think of any other 3 year periods in my time following Hibs (born 1980,been going since about '85) where we've maintained that sort of home form.
For me this is great, for them it's normal. Long may it continue!

Diclonius
01-05-2019, 11:08 AM

There's a sizeable proportion of every fan's teams that, after a game with their rivals that they failed to win, think "this is the worst team [rival] has had in years".

Gloucester Hibs
01-05-2019, 12:25 PM
Derbies were mental during that period. There were a few games where we left Easter Road or Tiny scratching our heads at how we'd managed not to win.

I remember a 0-0 at Easter Road where Brian Hamilton had a penalty saved. We battered them that game and if it had finished 3 or 4 nil to Hibs there would have been no complaints.

Was a ball boy for that game. Sure the Hearts goalie - might have been either Smith or Walker - claimed they'd read in the match program where BH liked to stick his penalties! Highlight of derbies around that time was probably seeing, up-close, a down injured Gary Mackay have a launched mince pie from the East terracing explode in his coupon.

Sammy7nil
01-05-2019, 12:27 PM
sure that was the postponed new year game , mickey weir was brilliant that night.

He was brilliant that night, I think I can recall a training ground free kick where with a couple of passes we passed the ball around the wall on the edge of the box and he scored.

IWasThere2016
01-05-2019, 12:48 PM
We should have won at ER - but we could have been 3-0 down at *********** and out of it.

We are unbeaten with 4 from 6 points - I'd have taken that before the two games.

Stevie Reid
01-05-2019, 12:54 PM
The worst i can recall was 2-2 at home we absolutely battered them Colquhoun scored two wonder strikes both from about 25 - 30 yds

https://thehiblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/hibs-2-2-hearts-6-january-1987/

Diclonius
01-05-2019, 01:05 PM
We should have won at ER - but we could have been 3-0 down at *********** and out of it.

We are unbeaten with 4 from 6 points - I'd have taken that before the two games.

Bang on.

Before Hecky's appointment no one would have been surprised if we had gone the whole season without a win against Hearts since 11-12 (as we were likely to finish bottom six and therefore get no home derby), or even without scoring a goal against them. Now we've finished the season with an even record and a win at Tynecastle that was very similar to their performance on Sunday, minus the winning goal.