PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Leeds

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Looks like they wont get promoted automatically ha ha.

I know a lot of Hibbies don't like them as a result of our European game against them, but for me it goes back to a friendly they played at ER I'm pretty sure when Strachan was playing for them. After about half an hour it became evident that their players were deliberately trying to boot the ball out of the ground over the roof of the old East stand in a sort of 'see what a wee club you are we can kick the ball out of your stadium way' … bunch of arrogant pricks, never liked them since.

Booooooo …. dirty Leeds :greengrin

hibsbollah
27-04-2019, 07:05 PM
I like Bielsa, so I wanted them to do well, but his teams have a history of running out of gas later on in the season so it's not a massive surprise. High aggressive pressing for 90 minutes is hard to maintain with a small squad all season.

Hibernia&Alba
27-04-2019, 07:12 PM
Never liked them because of Revie, racism in the fanbase and general small-minded right-wing bawbaggery. I shall be very happy if they aren't promoted ever again.

The 90+2
27-04-2019, 07:13 PM
They sacked Hecky. They can bolt.

Jones28
27-04-2019, 07:16 PM

This. And I ****ing hate Leeds

Jim44
27-04-2019, 07:19 PM
I’ve always hated Leeds since the negative, time wasting extravaganza at ER led by Billy Bremner in the European tie.

hfc rd
27-04-2019, 07:20 PM
Hate them. Disgusting club with a vile fan base. Glad they f***** up automatic promotion and hope they Leeds it in the play offs too, ideally to Aston Villa.

Hibernia&Alba
27-04-2019, 07:20 PM
Hate them. Disgusting club with a vile fan base. Glad they f***** up automatic promotion and hope they Leeds it in the play offs too, ideally to Aston Villa.

:top marks

H18 SFR
27-04-2019, 07:28 PM
Hate all things Leeds, I wouldn't even want a former player or manager later joining Hibs...

FilipinoHibs
27-04-2019, 07:28 PM
Leeds called little Scotland. Place smells of violence. A lot of Hearts fans used to follow them. Saville's home town.

27-04-2019, 07:34 PM

It's a good job for us that they did.

27-04-2019, 07:34 PM
The problem is it’s tricky to find a likeable club in that league. Middle England parochial dross.

brianmc
27-04-2019, 07:48 PM
I like Leeds! So up yours ya bitter, twisted saddos 😂
#marchingontogether

Hibernia&Alba
27-04-2019, 07:53 PM
The problem is it’s tricky to find a likeable club in that league. Middle England parochial dross.
Leeds are anything but: BNP working class Neanderthals.

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2019, 08:10 PM
#marchingontogether

Super club, Super fans, Super Leeds :agree: some idiotic comments about the whole leeds support eh :faf:

Clarence
27-04-2019, 08:17 PM
I like the Blades. Feel there is an affinity with Hibs there. Smallish city with two big teams, one thinking they are superior but are far from it. Cool fans and great song book.

Since452
27-04-2019, 09:07 PM
One of...infact the only time i was happy to see the huns winning in Europe. Something about Leeds i just cant take to. Was the same when O'Leary was manager and they got to Champions League semi. I just wanted them pumped.

Swedish hibee
27-04-2019, 09:19 PM
#marchingontogether

I'm with you- I like Leeds too! Don't support them, but want to see them finally get that promotion.

BILLYHIBS
27-04-2019, 09:25 PM
Interesting article here Peter Lorimer states that Don Revie saw the EUFA Cup as a side show back in 1973 and sent a team of reserves up to Easter Road with Billy Bremner as sweeper for the second leg and the whole first team squad lumped on HIBS at 3/1 but an incompetent HIBS forward line couldn’t put Leeds away. :confused:

“ Dirty Leeds “

http://www.mightyleeds.co.uk/matches/19731107.htm

KdyHby
27-04-2019, 09:32 PM
Mot

Hibernia&Alba
27-04-2019, 09:41 PM
I like the Blades. Feel there is an affinity with Hibs there. Smallish city with two big teams, one thinking they are superior but are far from it. Cool fans and great song book.

:agree:

Wednesday full of loyalists anaw.

hfc rd
27-04-2019, 09:59 PM

Definitely see similarity between Hibs & Sheffield Utd and Hearts with Sheffield Wednesday.

Was down in Sheffield last year with the Mrs for a wedding and the day before went to small bar in the evening for a drink and got talking to a group of Utd & Wednesday supporters there. A number of the Wednesday fans kept referring to Utd as “the little club that are always in Wednesday’s superior shadow” and the way they made out that Wednesday were the dominant number one force in Sheffield, which of course reminded me so much of what our yam friends over in Gorgie act like. A number of the Utd fans were half-decent guys and I’ve kept in touch with one of them since then. Did say to him, if Utd ever were to get promoted back to the EPL, I’ll meet him at OT for a drink and of course take in the game that day. Looks like that’ll be happening 😉

celthedd1
27-04-2019, 11:15 PM
Been a Leeds fan since 35 years, seen loads of ups and downs, been all over England with them(from Wales), some vile fans(like every other team) but more importantly some passionate and geniune and very fair fans, probably 4th best supported team in North Wales after Liverpool Everton and Man U, being a leeds fan is a privellidge to all of us that started off on the bonkers journey that is being a Leeds fan, like Millwall we don't care what you think but unlike Millwall we have a presence and will forever be regarded as a proper British well supported team
😉[/QUOTE]

hibeelady
27-04-2019, 11:22 PM
I like Leeds too!!

celthedd1
27-04-2019, 11:23 PM
I like Leeds too!!

Fancy a date?

The 90+2
27-04-2019, 11:25 PM
😂😂😂

hibeelady
27-04-2019, 11:28 PM
I’ll ask my husband 😁

celthedd1
27-04-2019, 11:29 PM
😂😂😂

Got to have a laugh lol

celthedd1
27-04-2019, 11:29 PM
I’ll ask my husband 😁

Is he a Leeds fan as well?

hibeelady
27-04-2019, 11:30 PM
Yes he is

celthedd1
27-04-2019, 11:31 PM
Yes he is

Mot

celthedd1
27-04-2019, 11:36 PM
Mot
Happily married?

stoneyburn hibs
27-04-2019, 11:48 PM
Don't have an issue with anyone following any English team.
It's not for me, imo I think it's daft if you're not going to go as fan.

Hibeesmad
28-04-2019, 12:14 AM
They don't have the bottle to get promoted.

Wakeyhibee
28-04-2019, 01:49 AM
Where are the ski hats with Hibs on one side and Hibs on the other?

BILLYHIBS
28-04-2019, 06:08 AM
Interesting article here Peter Lorimer states that Don Revie saw the EUFA Cup as a side show back in 1973 and sent a team of reserves up to Easter Road with Billy Bremner as sweeper for the second leg and the whole first team squad lumped on HIBS at 3/1 but an incompetent HIBS forward line couldn’t put Leeds away. :confused:

“ Dirty Leeds “

http://www.mightyleeds.co.uk/matches/19731107.htm

Reading this brought back memories of two brilliant games

On Sportsnight with Coleman the commentator was raving about this new phenomenon Jim Cilla Black the first overlapping centre half as he carried the ball through the Leeds defence from his own half

Billy Bremners performance in the second leg from the unfamiliar to him sweeper role is undoubtedly the finest performance I have ever seen from any player at Easter Road

superfurryhibby
28-04-2019, 08:43 AM
Reading this brought back memories of two brilliant games

On Sportsnight with Coleman the commentator was raving about this new phenomenon Jim Cilla Black the first overlapping centre half as he carried the ball through the Leeds defence from his own half

Billy Bremners performance in the second leg from the unfamiliar to him sweeper role is undoubtedly the finest performance I have ever seen from any player at Easter Road

Without looking at the line ups from that game, but it was hardly Leeds reserves. The goalie and substitute goalie were unknowns, but it was still a team full of international players. I was only 10 but I can still remember tha game. Hibs were all over them, Bremner was outstanding, we had chances, a goal ruled out and Leeds wore an all yellow strip.

IIRC Leeds won the League that season?

Lorimer is talking *****. Hibs outplayed them over two legs and Leeds were very lucky to get through. The fact that they bet against themselves says something about the character of Leeds Utd at the time, bunch of cheating ****s.

Greentinted
28-04-2019, 08:48 AM
Never liked them. Horrible ‘fans’ chanting about and celebrating the evil beast Sutcliffe before and after he was caught. Despicable low-life both them and him.

bigwheel
28-04-2019, 08:59 AM
Never liked them. Horrible ‘fans’ chanting about and celebrating the evil beast Sutcliffe before and after he was caught. Despicable low-life both them and him.

Loads of fans used to do that at the time...including Hibs ....think it went something like "10,000 police and only one Yorkshire ripper" not a proud time for football fans - was really an anti police chant though...

Never been warm to Leeds either - not quite sure why...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
28-04-2019, 09:15 AM
Big club passionate support hate Man U what's not to like. :greengrin

nellio
28-04-2019, 09:42 AM
Don't like them either. When Cardiff knocked them out the FA cup in the early 2000s their fans were a disgrace and their owners went to the sun and they printed a horrendous article about their nightmare away trip. To be fair our fans had a section of idiots but they made out their fans were angels and tried to do our club real damage in the media.

Pretty much the same thing as what the Huns did through the record after the cup final.

Ever since then I've had great pleasure in watching them get a few relegations and generally struggling to return to the top tier.