PDA

View Full Version : A Win Tomorow...

Keith_M
27-04-2019, 02:03 PM
...which I realise is a big challenge, would see us move to only two points behind Kilmarnock.

Winning a derby is always a fantastic result in itself but that's an added incentive.

JeMeSouviens
27-04-2019, 02:08 PM
We’d have better goal difference too (goals scored if it’s a 1 goal margin).

Rosco86
27-04-2019, 02:13 PM
And Rangers are likely to be mathematically out of the title race by the time we kick off against them next weekend. Any points we can pick up at Ibrox might end up being huge so this could be another little advantage

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2019, 02:33 PM
Every pundit apart from one in the EEN was predicting a Hibs win, with him going for a draw. I bloody hate it when Hibs go into games like this as favourites … when everything points to a Hibs win its usually when we fall flat on our face :confused:

Tug Wilson
27-04-2019, 03:02 PM
Basically

A win = fighting Killie for 4th but if we continue to win games and Aberdeen lose theirs then we might be playing them for 3rd on the last day.

A draw = pretty much going to be 5th

A loss = scraping with the Jambos for 5th or 6th

Jack Hackett
27-04-2019, 03:46 PM
The problem with Hibs and 'if such and such happens, then... (insert preferred outcome here)... Is that it rarely does

27-04-2019, 04:21 PM
Lets not get too cocky, this is a derby we are talking about here and we know that hearts will be right up for it especially with Potter at the helm who hates us with a passion.

We have a better team than them, there's no doubt about it. I watched their semi-final and it was brutal, eye bleeding stuff to watch. there one and only tactic is to foul and hump it up field to that big horse they have up front. Fortunatly it worked for them that day because luckily for them ICT are even worse and didn't show up. HOWEVER, we've been here before, when we have a better team and SHOULD beat them but don't. They're murder but make no mistake that Potter will have them absolutely gunning to beat us.

Come on hibs get right in about them, no slow starts like last time, just get right stuck in from the start and show them again who the real football team is in this City :flag:

PatHead
27-04-2019, 04:24 PM
Nothing to worry about. We will win comfortably 3 0.

Hearts are bogging.

Diclonius
27-04-2019, 04:40 PM
If we win I'll go to the Kilmarnock game.

bingo70
27-04-2019, 04:43 PM
Basically

A win = fighting Killie for 4th but if we continue to win games and Aberdeen lose theirs then we might be playing them for 3rd on the last day.

A draw = pretty much going to be 5th

A loss = scraping with the Jambos for 5th or 6th

A draw tomorrow leaves us 4 points behind them with three to play, one against them?

A win tomorrow would be terrific but a draw doesn’t rule us out the race for fourth.

4 points in the games against Killie and Hearts could well be enough imo.

we are hibs
27-04-2019, 04:43 PM
If we win I'll go to the Kilmarnock game.

If we win tomorrow and are still within a couple of points of Killie come that Killie game we should be selling out the away end or getting close to at least.

Scouse Hibee
27-04-2019, 05:02 PM
A draw is my prediction, far too many predicting a Hibs win for my liking. Forget the form book they will be well up for this.

The voice of experience.

Ringothedog
27-04-2019, 05:10 PM
If we win tomorrow and are still within a couple of points of Killie come that Killie game we should be selling out the away end or getting close to at least.

No chance, that end holds about 4000, if we took 2500-3000 it would be a superb support

Jim44
27-04-2019, 05:18 PM
Tomorrow will be their cup final and one they’ll feel they have a good chance of winning. I wouldn’t be surprised if Levein would prefer a win tomorrow as he knows they haven’t a snowball’s chance in the cup.

bingo70
27-04-2019, 05:21 PM
A draw is my prediction, far too many predicting a Hibs win for my liking. Forget the form book they will be well up for this.

There’s nothing wrong with being confident, especially when nearly all neutral pundits are saying the same. I don’t like it when that spills into over confidence and people are talking about 4 or 5 nil wins but I don’t think that’s happening on this occasion.

PatHead
27-04-2019, 05:30 PM

As a support we are far too cautious when it comes to Derby matches. Without doubt we are in a better place than Hearts just now and our form is far superior. Let's just believe and let the confidence carry on from the the stands to the pitch.

Onion
27-04-2019, 05:34 PM
Tomorrow will be their cup final and one they’ll feel they have a good chance of winning. I wouldn’t be surprised if Levein would prefer a win tomorrow as he knows they haven’t a snowball’s chance in the cup.

:agree: For the Yams, it's all about stopping Hibs. They've more of a chance of stopping us getting Euro footie by beating us tomorrow than having to beat Celtic at Hampden. So, expect Levein and the Yams to throw everything into tomorrow. The Cup is an inconvenience for the Yams, as we'll all find out when Levein is interviews tomorrow after a 2-0 defeat to Hibs. :greengrin

flash
27-04-2019, 05:35 PM

Only one slight flaw with your tomorrow is their cup final argument........

cleanyman
27-04-2019, 05:50 PM
The fact we are even talking about European football show how good PH has been

I'd have been content with 7th

PatHead
27-04-2019, 05:53 PM

Really?

Hermit Crab
27-04-2019, 05:55 PM

The have a chance in the final vs a poor Celtic team.

Bangkok Hibby
27-04-2019, 05:57 PM

Ive supported Hibs since 1967 and witnessed many many gut wrenching defeats to them. I like others my age have been disappointed often. But tomorrow we win

Sir David Gray
27-04-2019, 06:04 PM

Content? Really?

Tug Wilson
27-04-2019, 06:16 PM
A draw tomorrow leaves us 4 points behind them with three to play, one against them?

A win tomorrow would be terrific but a draw doesn’t rule us out the race for fourth.

4 points in the games against Killie and Hearts could well be enough imo.

Totally agree that a draw does not rule out 4th.

However, we would probably need Hearts to do us a favour when they are at home to Killie. And The Rangers to win at Rugby Park on the last day.

There are so many variables at the moment.

I will be quite happy to be going into the last game with a mathematical chance of 4th.

cleanyman
27-04-2019, 06:25 PM
Content because we were garbage before PH rocked up

hibsfan7
27-04-2019, 06:26 PM
A win and we are only 2 points behind killie and we beat them

all we need then is celtic to win the cup and we are back in europe again

SChibs
27-04-2019, 06:27 PM

That's how I read it. We were 8th and only getting worse under Lennon. All we needed Hecky to do was steady the ship and give us some positive results. He's went above and beyond that.

Bangkok Hibby
27-04-2019, 06:29 PM

Agree. Clueless, leaderless, going nowhere

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2019, 07:05 PM
A win and we are only 2 points behind killie and we beat them

all we need then is celtic to win the cup and we are back in europe again

Aye, there's the rub though, Celtic have regressed so far under Lennon they are far from the certainties they would have been a few months ago. I wouldn't be surprised if we were to make 4th place only for Lennon's underperforming mob to screw up the cup final. Pessimist moi :greengrin

theonlywayisup
27-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Totally agree that a draw does not rule out 4th.

However, we would probably need Hearts to do us a favour when they are at home to Killie. And The Rangers to win at Rugby Park on the last day.

There are so many variables at the moment.

I will be quite happy to be going into the last game with a mathematical chance of 4th.

I don't agree.

Draw tomorrow and we'll be five points back.

Hertz will lose to Killie whilst we are away the Rangers. That could be game over.

We have to win tomorrow.

The 90+2
27-04-2019, 07:12 PM
Content? Really?

Ahead of St Johnstone or Motherwell top of the bottom 6 was best it was looking so I would agree.

Jones28
27-04-2019, 07:17 PM

Celtic will do in the final what they did to Aberdeen in the semi.

bingo70
27-04-2019, 07:17 PM
I don't agree.

Hertz will lose to Killie whilst we are away the Rangers. That could be game over.

We have to win tomorrow.

A draw tomorrow and we will be 4 points back I think?

Don’t think that changes the sums much to be honest but thought it’s worth pointing out.

FWIW I think if we need to beat Aberdeen on the last day we will, I also don’t think hearts will lose every game after the split, if we draw or win tomorrow I think they’ll beat Aberdeen or Kilmarnock.

Jack Hackett
27-04-2019, 07:19 PM
I've still got an eye on 3rd :whistle:

Jim44
27-04-2019, 07:21 PM

Celtic at their worst will consume them.

bingo70
27-04-2019, 07:23 PM
I've still got an eye on 3rd :whistle:

The beauty of the top 6 means it’s not as ridiculous as the league table might make it look.

Would be a massive ask but it’s entirely possible (if not likely) Aberdeen could lose all their remaining games.

heretoday
27-04-2019, 07:24 PM
This game has crept up on me. I'm not emotionally prepared.

California-Hibs
27-04-2019, 07:33 PM
We're gonna hammer them!!

hibbyfraelibby
27-04-2019, 07:35 PM
A win tomorrow and 4th place is entirely in our own hands.

A win tommorrow and the Blue Bigots win means 3rd is just within reach and takes the season to the very last game.

Onceinawhile
27-04-2019, 07:38 PM
To finish 3rd we need 12 points and a huge slice of luck.

To finish 4th probably 10 points and some luck.

Need to win tomorrow otherwise we're relying on winning at ibrox, which granted, we tend to do, but still...

bingo70
27-04-2019, 07:50 PM
To finish 3rd we need 12 points and a huge slice of luck.

To finish 4th probably 10 points and some luck.

Need to win tomorrow otherwise we're relying on winning at ibrox, which granted, we tend to do, but still...

Another poster was talking about us needing 12 points but I don’t see it. Killies remaining games are as follows -

Hearts away - 1 Point
Hibs - 0 Points ( we need to beat them to stand a chance I think)
Rangers - 0 points

They’re currently 5 ahead of us, if we catch them we’ll have a better goal difference, that’s effectively worth a point so I think 6 points could see us fourth as long as 3 of those are against Killie

The 90+2
27-04-2019, 07:51 PM
****ting it mode now tbh. Please just turn up and don’t be drawn into a **** fest.

Onceinawhile
27-04-2019, 07:53 PM
Another poster was talking about us needing 12 points but I don’t see it. Killies remaining games are as follows -

Hearts away - 1 Point
Rangers - 0 points

They’re currently 5 ahead of us, if we catch them we’ll have a better goal difference, that’s effectively worth a point so I think 6 points could see us fourth as long as 3 of those are against Killie

I reckon they'll beat hearts, which puts them 8 ahead of us. So maybe we need 8 points given our superior goal difference. Also, rangers will have nothing to play for by the last game, so there's a chance killie beat them (like they did last time they played them at rugby pugby). So there's every chance we need a wedge of points.

calumhibee1
27-04-2019, 07:55 PM

I’m probably the same, although because of where we are now I find it hard to comprehend that I would have been content with it.

Had we finished ahead of Motherwell and St Johnstone from where Heckingbottom took over then he’d have done an alright job imo considering the mess we were.

Thankfully he’s done an exceptional job and a win tomorrow would put a 4th place finish in our own hands which was utterly unthinkable seeing as top six was looking a stretch at one point.

27-04-2019, 08:03 PM
****ting it mode now tbh. Please just turn up and don’t be drawn into a **** fest.

Kick fest?

Just hoping the ref doesn't fall for Ikpeazu's barging into people then falling over. It's a safe bet they'll all be at it trying to win penalties / free kicks, we all know their best chance is to score from a set piece.

Aldo
27-04-2019, 08:15 PM
Kick fest?

Just hoping the ref doesn't fall for Ikpeazu's barging into people then falling over. It's a safe bet they'll all be at it trying to win penalties / free kicks, we all know their best chance is to score from a set piece.

Indeed.

He gave away foul after foul against Newco yet wasn’t booked for persistent fouling.

Stand strong, start strong and stay disciplined.

Get right in about them from the off. Pace will hurt them.

I’m expecting another big game from Horgan tomorrow!

Let’s do this Hibs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weegreenman
27-04-2019, 08:19 PM
Every pundit apart from one in the EEN was predicting a Hibs win, with him going for a draw. I bloody hate it when Hibs go into games like this as favourites … when everything points to a Hibs win its usually when we fall flat on our face :confused:

They should have beaten us at Tynie, if it weren’t for their poor finishing. We ended up deserved winners in the end but it could have easily been a defeat for us that day. It’s a derby, form goes out the window. Whatever side settle and take their chances, will win the day. Could go either way!

bingo70
27-04-2019, 08:19 PM
Indeed.

He gave away foul after foul against Newco yet wasn’t booked for persistent fouling.

Stand strong, start strong and stay disciplined.

Get right in about them from the off. Pace will hurt them.

I’m expecting another big game from Horgan tomorrow!

Let’s do this Hibs!

I think they’re very vulnerable on both full back areas so Horgan will be important but so will Kamberi and Agyepong be if he comes on.

Imo Lennon worried too much about matching them in a battle, if we can take them on in a football match we’ll win, if it turns into a scrappy war then it’ll be a draw.

DaveF
27-04-2019, 08:22 PM
They should have beaten us at Tynie, if it weren’t for their poor finishing. We ended up deserved what nets in the end but it could have easily been a defeat for us that day. It’s a derby, form goes out the window. Whatever side settle and take their chances, will win the day. Could go either way!

I agree with that. We have no reason not to be confident but it will be a tight affair.

Onceinawhile
27-04-2019, 08:24 PM
They should have beaten us at Tynie, if it weren’t for their poor finishing. We ended up deserved what nets in the end but it could have easily been a defeat for us that day. It’s a derby, form goes out the window. Whatever side settle and take their chances, will win the day. Could go either way!

Agreed. If they had scored more than us, they would have won.

Alternatively, they were lucky we didn't put 4 past them!

Likelihood is that there's one goal in it either way or it's a draw. Much like most derbys from the last 10 years.

Aldo
27-04-2019, 08:25 PM
I think they’re very vulnerable on both full back areas so Horgan will be important but so will Kamberi and Agyepong be if he comes on.

Imo Lennon worried too much about matching them in a battle, if we can take them on in a football match we’ll win, if it turns into a scrappy war then it’ll be a draw.

I trust Heck to get it right tomorrow, as he did at Tiny Park!

I agree regarding the FB positions but also think they lack pace across the whole back 4.

They can defo be got at all over the pitch and I hope Harring is missing as he holds the midfield together and can cause problems at set pieces.

Barring a battle and we play football, take our chances we stand a very good chance of getting a result.

Tug Wilson
27-04-2019, 08:29 PM
I don't agree.

We have to win tomorrow.

Jeez. I started by saying that I thought a draw would pretty much mean 5th. Was challenged that a draw did not stop us from getting 4th. All I did was agree that it is not mathematically impossible to get 4th but would need lots of other results to go our way. You then disagreed with me and stated the same point as me. Did you even read my post?

Anyway, there are lots of permutations. Let's just win tomorrow, see what happens next Saturday and how a positive result at Ibrox would affect things.

theonlywayisup
27-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Jeez. I started by saying that I thought a draw would pretty much mean 5th. Was challenged that a draw did not stop us from getting 4th. All I did was agree that it is not mathematically impossible to get 4th but would need lots of other results to go our way. You then disagreed with me and stated the same point as me. Did you even read my post?

Anyway, there are lots of permutations. Let's just win tomorrow, see what happens next Saturday and how a positive result at Ibrox would affect things.

Chill man. Jeez!

Struggling to understand why you are getting so angry at me.

matty_f
27-04-2019, 08:44 PM
I agree with that. We have no reason not to be confident but it will be a tight affair.

I'm completely torn. On the one hand I firmly believe that we are better than them, we're playing consistently well and with confidence.

On the flip side, we're well into a long unbeaten run and I think Hearts have lost three or four in a row.

How often do we go ten or eleven games unbeaten, and how often do they lose four or five in a row?

bingo70
27-04-2019, 08:50 PM
I'm completely torn. On the one hand I firmly believe that we are better than them, we're playing consistently well and with confidence.

On the flip side, we're well into a long unbeaten run and I think Hearts have lost three or four in a row.

How often do we go ten or eleven games unbeaten, and how often do they lose four or five in a row?

Hearts beat Inverness a week or two back.

I know that was in the cup but in the point you’re making I think it’s relevant they won a match recently.

Mikey
27-04-2019, 08:51 PM

The answer to both of those questions is....... Tomorrow :wink:

greenlex
27-04-2019, 08:55 PM
Anything that has gone on in previous games has absolutely no relevance to the next one. Prepare well and go do it. Heckys at the wheel. He won’t allow it any other way.

Diclonius
27-04-2019, 09:01 PM
As always, if we don't get an early goal then the game will descend into a kicking match and the nerves will set in. Just have to deal with it.

B.H.F.C
27-04-2019, 09:20 PM
A draw tomorrow and we will be 4 points back I think?

Don’t think that changes the sums much to be honest but thought it’s worth pointing out.

FWIW I think if we need to beat Aberdeen on the last day we will, I also don’t think hearts will lose every game after the split, if we draw or win tomorrow I think they’ll beat Aberdeen or Kilmarnock.

To finish higher than fifth I think tomorrow is must win.

If we don’t win tomorrow there is a chance that it’ll be mathematically impossible to catch Killie by the time we play them.

I think we’ll need 3 wins out of 4 to finish fourth or better. Tomorrow is the poorest opposition we’ll play so that has to be one of the wins. They’ll put a hell of a lot more effort in to playing us than they will anyone else but we need to beat them.

calumhibee1
27-04-2019, 09:45 PM
To finish higher than fifth I think tomorrow is must win.

If we don’t win tomorrow there is a chance that it’ll be mathematically impossible to catch Killie by the time we play them.

I think we’ll need 3 wins out of 4 to finish fourth or better. Tomorrow is the poorest opposition we’ll play so that has to be one of the wins. They’ll put a hell of a lot more effort in to playing us than they will anyone else but we need to beat them.

Agreed. We need a win tomorrow and we need a win at Rugby Park. We also need a win in one of the other two and if we got that then I think we will get 4th.

Cod Boy
27-04-2019, 10:01 PM
Djoim seemingly not playing in talks with Aberdeen and club in England.Super star Cochrane and some you boy Conor Smith start for them. Will see if true tomorrow

hfc rd
27-04-2019, 10:04 PM
Djoim seemingly not playing in talks with Aberdeen and club in England.Super star Cochrane and some you boy Conor Smith start for them. Will see if true tomorrow

Where you hearing this?

matty_f
27-04-2019, 10:08 PM
Hearts beat Inverness a week or two back.

I know that was in the cup but in the point you’re making I think it’s relevant they won a match recently.

Yeah I feel better if I include the Celtic defeat because then our run isn't as long as well.

mim
27-04-2019, 11:18 PM
Seen lots of permutations on this thread, but not the one that I see as most likely
We beat Hearts tomorrow, gap to Killie 2 points.
We lose at Ibrox while Kilie lose at Tynecastle, still 2 points behind.
We draw at Killie. still 2 points behind
We beat Aberdeen, while Killie lose to Rangers - Hibs 1 point ahead and 4th :thumbsup:

monktonharp
27-04-2019, 11:31 PM
Kick fest?

Just hoping the ref doesn't fall for Ikpeazu's barging into people then falling over. It's a safe bet they'll all be at it trying to win penalties / free kicks, we all know their best chance is to score from a set piece.that's the one thing that troubles me about this game. he will try to barge through 2 defenders in the hope of getting something from the ref. he tried it a few times at the last game. still think that home advantage, backing from the off from us, will drive our team on to a victory. we're better.

The 90+2
28-04-2019, 12:09 AM
Kick fest?

**** fest. But we are on the same page. Play out game we will win. Really hope the ref is strong and we take our chances.

CMurdoch
28-04-2019, 12:51 AM

Hearts away - 1 Point
Rangers - 0 points

We must win later today.
They are a very poor team and the loss of Haring is the final straw.
To score they will now need one of our players to mess up or rely on a great strike like Lee had on their last visit.
Our team need to play with their heads and play as they would against a bottom 6 team.
I fully expect a win.

That will reduce the gap to Kilmarnock to 2 points with 3 games to play.

I suspect we will lose to Rangers after that and would hope Hearts could get at least a draw at home to Killie although this may be a long shot.
That would leave us 3 points behind Killie with 2 games to play.

A draw in our match at Killie would be a decent result given our recent home draw when they were the more dangerous side.
We conceded a considerable height advantage to our opponents that night and the loss of the very tall Broadfoot for the match will help us out at set pieces in both defence and attack.
Obviously if Hearts don't get a result in the previous game we will be forced to go for the win at Killie.
A draw would leave us 3 points behind going into the last game.

I would expect us to then beat Aberdeen at home and for Rangers to beat Kilmarnock.
That would see both teams finish on the same number of points and it would go down to goal difference.

The team in 4th place would then get an extra £150k and play in Europe after Celtic win the SC.

We are improving and played very well last week against the Champions elect so we have chance. Our fit again bench players may yet play an important roll in the run in as their match fitness improves.

cocteautwin
28-04-2019, 06:53 AM
We must win later today.
They are a very poor team and the loss of Haring is the final straw.
To score they will now need one of our players to mess up or rely on a great strike like Lee had on their last visit.
Our team need to play with their heads and play as they would against a bottom 6 team.
I fully expect a win.

That will reduce the gap to Kilmarnock to 2 points with 3 games to play.

I suspect we will lose to Rangers after that and would hope Hearts could get at least a draw at home to Killie although this may be a long shot.
That would leave us 3 points behind Killie with 2 games to play.

A draw in our match at Killie would be a decent result given our recent home draw when they were the more dangerous side.
We conceded a considerable height advantage to our opponents that night and the loss of the very tall Broadfoot for the match will help us out at set pieces in both defence and attack.
Obviously if Hearts don't get a result in the previous game we will be forced to go for the win at Killie.
A draw would leave us 3 points behind going into the last game.

I would expect us to then beat Aberdeen at home and for Rangers to beat Kilmarnock.
That would see both teams finish on the same number of points and it would go down to goal difference.

The team in 4th place would then get an extra £150k and play in Europe after Celtic win the SC.

We are improving and played very well last week against the Champions elect so we have chance. Our fit again bench players may yet play an important roll in the run in as their match fitness improves.

Kinda expecting him to be in the starting line up to be honest.

calumhibee1
28-04-2019, 06:57 AM
Hopefully we win and Rangers and Aberdeen draw today. Rangers would have next to nothing to play as the league would be over but they’d pretty much be second for next week and presumably neither would Aberdeen by the last game (if were still pushing for 4th anyway that is). The more teams we play with nothing to play for the better.

Since452
28-04-2019, 07:00 AM

They'll be a man down if he plays. Thats probably Leveins biggest weakness. Rushing injured players back too soon.

Aldo
28-04-2019, 07:02 AM

He would be a massive loss for them today but I’m with you and think he’ll start!

Aldo
28-04-2019, 07:05 AM
They'll be a man down if he plays. Thats probably Leveins biggest weakness. Rushing injured players back too soon.

Would he risk him to beat Hibs or wrap him in cotton wool to keep him for final??

I think we all know that answer!

danhibees1875
28-04-2019, 07:05 AM
Seen lots of permutations on this thread, but not the one that I see as most likely
We beat Hearts tomorrow, gap to Killie 2 points.
We lose at Ibrox while Kilie lose at Tynecastle, still 2 points behind.
We draw at Killie. still 2 points behind
We beat Aberdeen, while Killie lose to Rangers - Hibs 1 point ahead and 4th :thumbsup:

I think it's wishful thinking that they won't pick up points at tynecastle or at home to rangers (last day of season, 150th celebration, limited rangers tickets). I think we'll need to win today, and against them and Aberdeen.

Tug Wilson
28-04-2019, 07:15 AM
Chill man. Jeez!

Struggling to understand why you are getting so angry at me.

No worries. Not angry. Honest.

We all want the same thing and to be fair all chat about what might or might not happen is just that. Chat.

Let's just get a win today and see where that takes us. The fact that we are even talking about 4th place and maybe 3rd is amazing.

GGTTH!

Brightside
28-04-2019, 07:23 AM

Cochrane much better than the rest of their midfield. It’s not a positive for us. He willl at least try and play football.

Aldo
28-04-2019, 07:26 AM
Cochrane much better than the rest of their midfield. It’s not a positive for us. He willl at least try and play football.

Might be the case but if, and that’s a big if, they are missing Djoum and Harring, their MF is pretty lightweight? Potter won’t let that happen!

H18 SFR
28-04-2019, 08:28 AM
Today is going to be brilliant.

JimBHibees
28-04-2019, 08:42 AM
I agree think we need to win today to have a realistic chance of 4th.

B.H.F.C
28-04-2019, 09:05 AM

We want them to try and play football.

If they make it a fight they have a chance. If they want a football match we’ll win.

Scouse Hibee
28-04-2019, 02:54 PM
Ive supported Hibs since 1967 and witnessed many many gut wrenching defeats to them. I like others my age have been disappointed often. But tomorrow we win

My prediction of a draw was not negativity it was realism based on experience rather than blind faith.

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 03:34 PM
My prediction of a draw was not negativity it was realism based on experience rather than blind faith.

you're now trying to justify your prediction. Ok lets address it...realism based on experience is possibly the most negative outlook possible. "They usually win or draw so it'll probably happen again" and what does blind faith mean? Who said Hibs will win because of "blind faith" Not me. I put my money where my mouth is. On this occasion, looking at current form, confidence, injuries etc I fully expected a Hibs win. It didnt happen so I'll move on. My financial loss today had absolutely nothing to do with past results or an unrealistic expectation of a win due to "blind faith"

Keith_M
28-04-2019, 03:40 PM
We had to win today for fourth place to be realistically achievable, so I think that ship has sailed.

I still want to see us try to win every remaining game regardless and plan to be at all three

JeMeSouviens
28-04-2019, 03:46 PM
We had to win today for fourth place to be realistically achievable, so I think that ship has sailed.

I still want to see us try to win every remaining game regardless and plan to be at all three

Unlikely now, but it’s still possible if we beat Killie.

Scouse Hibee
28-04-2019, 04:16 PM
you're now trying to justify your prediction. Ok lets address it...realism based on experience is possibly the most negative outlook possible. "They usually win or draw so it'll probably happen again" and what does blind faith mean? Who said Hibs will win because of "blind faith" Not me. I put my money where my mouth is. On this occasion, looking at current form, confidence, injuries etc I fully expected a Hibs win. It didnt happen so I'll move on. My financial loss today had absolutely nothing to do with past results or an unrealistic expectation of a win due to "blind faith"

I don't have to try and justify my prediction as it was correct. You were the one going on about people being negative, I am merely pointing out that I was not being negative and called the game as I thought it would go as did you.

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 04:21 PM
I don't have to try and justify my prediction as it was correct. You were the one going on about people being negative, I am merely pointing out that I was not being negative and called the game as I thought it would go as did you.

Ok congratulations on your team getting the draw you predicted using experience

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 04:26 PM
Are you on a mission to rile as many folk as possible today?

Didnt think about it but hey whatever. Its a forum buddy. Lap it up or ignore

Scouse Hibee
28-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Ok congratulations on your team getting the draw you predicted using experience

Cheers.

bingo70
28-04-2019, 05:08 PM

We gained a point on Kilmarnock today.

Down to 4 points I think, if we beat them there’s only one point in it.

Beating them is a big if but we’re certainly not out of it yet.

B.H.F.C
28-04-2019, 05:10 PM

I don’t think beating them is the problem. There is a fair chance we could. But by the time we play them it might not matter.

Billy Whizz
28-04-2019, 05:15 PM

With Aberdeen losing today, Killie go to Hearts next week, a Killie win and a Dons defeat would put them 3rd and both on 61 points
Just need to take each weekend as comes, but think we blew our chance today, in my opinion