PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Mirror

Hector Mudflap
26-04-2019, 08:34 PM
I have a few Hibs things that I have acquired over the years and two of which I have never come across with anyone else though both pieces must have "brothers" somewhere so I just wondered if there are any owners on here?

One is a rather large pub style mirror with the "greatest game in history" on it with the old crest date and the entire team embossed in a gold leaf like material . It says on it that's it is number 50 of 250 made but like I say I have never heard of another.
The other thing is a bit special to me as it is an original Hibernian watch given to me by my granddad who was a manager at Timex in Dundee when they actually made watches. It has the original club crest on the face and is gold with a black leather strap. I have never worn it but its a "real" wind up piece. It's probably got a crappy movement in it but its 40 years old this Christmas coming so its getting on a bit -like myself. Has anyone else seen one of these?

I have a few framed tops including a signed Russel Latapy one (Trinidad and Tobago) a framed worn John Collins Frank Graham Group one and I still have the top I wore to the Skoll cup final which was the away top with no sponsor. I also have a framed George Best NI top which has an absolutely bizarre back story but really my best thing is the mirror Its the only thing on display.
I pass it every day in the hall. I bought it on Gumtree by total fluke and paid ..........£30!

I would love to hear if anyone else had one or a watch??

EastThomasSTboy
28-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Hello Hector.

Your splendid mirror is one of 250 made and numbered by my pal in Glasgow.(From my design).
I still have the original prototype mirror, which is a one-off, and is slightly different from the other 250 (Plus it is not numbered).
They were made for and distributed by a Mr. P. Kane
I was well chuffed with them at the time, So, much so, that i made a similar one for our 2016 SC Win.:flag:

I have a few Hibs things that I have acquired over the years and two of which I have never come across with anyone else though both pieces must have "brothers" somewhere so I just wondered if there are any owners on here?

One is a rather large pub style mirror with the "greatest game in history" on it with the old crest date and the entire team embossed in a gold leaf like material . It says on it that's it is number 50 of 250 made but like I say I have never heard of another.
The other thing is a bit special to me as it is an original Hibernian watch given to me by my granddad who was a manager at Timex in Dundee when they actually made watches. It has the original club crest on the face and is gold with a black leather strap. I have never worn it but its a "real" wind up piece. It's probably got a crappy movement in it but its 40 years old this Christmas coming so its getting on a bit -like myself. Has anyone else seen one of these?

I have a few framed tops including a signed Russel Latapy one (Trinidad and Tobago) a framed worn John Collins Frank Graham Group one and I still have the top I wore to the Skoll cup final which was the away top with no sponsor. I also have a framed George Best NI top which has an absolutely bizarre back story but really my best thing is the mirror Its the only thing on display.
I pass it every day in the hall. I bought it on Gumtree by total fluke and paid ..........£30!

I would love to hear if anyone else had one or a watch??

Hector Mudflap
01-05-2019, 08:43 PM
Hello Hector.

Your splendid mirror is one of 250 made and numbered by my pal in Glasgow.(From my design).
I still have the original prototype mirror, which is a one-off, and is slightly different from the other 250 (Plus it is not numbered).
They were made for and distributed by a Mr. P. Kane
I was well chuffed with them at the time, So, much so, that i made a similar one for our 2016 SC Win.:flag:

That is fantastic! Whats odd though was the guy selling had a very similar one in Hearts colours though I can't for the life of me remember what it said on it. Did you design a Hearts one???

You have also got me with THE SCOTTISH CUP one...... is there any of them on the go? I feel I should have the pair!

Hector Mudflap
05-05-2019, 03:18 PM
That is fantastic! Whats odd though was the guy selling had a very similar one in Hearts colours though I can't for the life of me remember what it said on it. Did you design a Hearts one???

You have also got me with THE SCOTTISH CUP one...... is there any of them on the go? I feel I should have the pair!

Superb!

expect a call.

This I have to see!!

McrHibee
10-05-2019, 11:05 AM
I want to hear more about the interesting tale behind the George Best top! You've got me intrigued now and can't beat a good old Bestie story!

McrHibee
10-05-2019, 12:45 PM
I want to hear more about the interesting tale behind the George Best top! You've got me intrigued now and can't beat a good old Bestie story!