PDA

View Full Version : Steven Gerrard comments

Chorley Hibee
26-04-2019, 05:23 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11703808/steven-gerrard-claims-aberdeen-raise-game-against-rangers

He's a grade A fud that hasn't half went the distance in an attempt to ingratiate himself with the dregs of their support.

Also seen him speaking out against racism and fan misbehaviour, but the usual silence on the elephant in the room that is sectarianism.

Marvellous
26-04-2019, 05:30 PM
Do they try harder against Rangers? That's the way it looks on the eye. We watched them last week against Celtic and they never laid a finger on them in the semi-final.

What a prick :hilarious

Bostonhibby
26-04-2019, 05:38 PM
Any excuse to distract them from another trophyless season and a pretty average win record compared to his predecessors?

Incidentally, do Sevco raise their game against Hibs, in pursuit of that elusive first win for slippy Steve?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
26-04-2019, 05:42 PM
Do new employees at Ibrox and Parkhead go through a four-week brainwashing course when they sign?

Bostonhibby
26-04-2019, 05:45 PM
Do new employees at Ibrox and Parkhead go through a four-week brainwashing course when they sign?If there's a brain they'll wash it.[emoji106]

where'stheslope
26-04-2019, 05:49 PM
If there's a brain they'll wash it.[emoji106]

Who's giving them the soap????:fishin:

Hibi
26-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Do they try harder against Rangers? That's the way it looks on the eye. We watched them last week against Celtic and they never laid a finger on them in the semi-final.

What a prick :hilarious

“We watched them last week against Celtic and they never laid a finger on them“

Tell that to Ryan Christie

Eyrie
26-04-2019, 06:40 PM
If there's a brain they'll wash it.[emoji106]

"If" being the key word.

sixtwo
26-04-2019, 06:57 PM
McInnes should just come out and say that Celtic are a much tougher opponent than rangers. They have better players and a far more experienced coach and that’s the difference, but he won’t, because it is the truth and the huns are not allowed to hear the truth.

Since452
26-04-2019, 07:02 PM
He's gone down massively in my estimations since taking that job. Some of the things he's said have been embarrassing.

mjhibby
26-04-2019, 09:11 PM
He's gone down massively in my estimations since taking that job. Some of the things he's said have been embarrassing.

Very sad that a player of his outstanding quality lowers himself to say such garbage. I'm sure he's only at sevco because of Gary mcallister. Like butchers horror now at singing the anti Catholic songs when at rangers I'm sure Gerrard will be embarrassed when he looks back on his career at his behaviour at sevco. He should be way above that crap.

EI255
26-04-2019, 09:59 PM
He needs to stop squinting his eyes and wake up. He's a toly.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

oldbutdim
26-04-2019, 10:08 PM
A braw player, but as a man he’s ideally suited to them.

Spudster
26-04-2019, 10:46 PM

Ryan Christie in hospital would suggest they did. In footballing terms they didn’t but that’s cos Celtic are twice the team the rangers are.

Frank Moon
26-04-2019, 11:08 PM
McInnes should just come out and say that Celtic are a much tougher opponent than rangers. They have better players and a far more experienced coach and that’s the difference, but he won’t, because it is the truth and the huns are not allowed to hear the truth.
TBH never liked him so just think he is being himself arrogant prick.

Tornadoes70
26-04-2019, 11:21 PM
Gerrard will disappear into managerial oblivion after sevco only to reappear at a lower league club down south where he will spend way outwith the clubs means to further his own career.

A welt of a man.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

EskbankHibby
26-04-2019, 11:26 PM

Agreed.

Real shame/cringe, playing to the crowd like Pedro did.

What a player he was but he’s morphed into yet another ******** trying to manage a big but odd/difficult club.

Future17
27-04-2019, 06:41 AM

They'll just hold it below their knees and wash it in "fenian blood".

we are hibs
27-04-2019, 06:46 AM
Gerrard has always been a complete welt.

lyonhibs
27-04-2019, 06:51 AM
Let's not pretend that, historically, Aberdeen haven't treated Rangers as a bigger game than Celtic, specifically at their - literal- **** Tip, even when the relative footballing strengths of the OF were the reverse of what they are these days.

Doesn't stop Gerrard being a slavering gob***** and generally detestable specimen in general though.

The Harp Awakes
27-04-2019, 06:53 AM
A classy player in his day but sadly he's been conditioned into becoming a Grade A f@nny during his short time at Castle Greyskull.

He'll say anything to cover up his failure and to appeal to the orc hoards.

andybev1
27-04-2019, 07:12 AM

Kyle lather ty :dunno:

Onion
27-04-2019, 07:12 AM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11703808/steven-gerrard-claims-aberdeen-raise-game-against-rangers

He's a grade A fud that hasn't half went the distance in an attempt to ingratiate himself with the dregs of their support.

Also seen him speaking out against racism and fan misbehaviour, but the usual silence on the elephant in the room that is sectarianism.

Wonder if he thinks Hearts will "raise their game" against Hibs this weekend, compared to their sad, meek, capitulation against his crappy team last week ? Gerrard needs to man up, appreciate that he has by far and away the biggest budget in Scottish football (bar Celtic) and get on with it.

HAZ2000
27-04-2019, 07:50 AM
Hes a cock

Bobby's Cinema
27-04-2019, 08:13 AM
Its beginning to seem a good match. He should watch back some of Rangers performances v Celtic over the last few years

Sioux
27-04-2019, 08:18 AM
Whats the problem with what he said? We know the exact same situation arises when we play hertz. They play out their skin against us. Potter's made a career out of it.

There's no doubt that hertz have a different attitude when playing against Hibs, and thats been highlighted a thousand times on this board. Aberdeen have the same attitude when playing against the huns. This is what happens. Aberdeen up their game against rangers, hertz raise their game against Hibs.

If Gerrard wants to point that out, then so be it. Who cares?

Smartie
27-04-2019, 08:27 AM
Let's not pretend that, historically, Aberdeen haven't treated Rangers as a bigger game than Celtic, specifically at their - literal- **** Tip, even when the relative footballing strengths of the OF were the reverse of what they are these days.

Doesn't stop Gerrard being a slavering gob***** and generally detestable specimen in general though.

Do you really think Aberdeen would give anything other than their very best to win a national cup semi-final irrespective of who it was against?

Aberdeen have had a bit of success against Rangers this season. Prior to this season they had to answer accusations of bottling it every time they played the Glasgow teams.

He's slavering. Celtic are a far better team than Rangers, that is the sole reason that Aberdeen have enjoyed more success against Rangers than Celtic.

The fans may get a bit more hyped about games against Rangers but does that really mean anything?

The 90+2
27-04-2019, 08:28 AM
He’s not wrong is he? It’s their biggest match of the season.

Since452
27-04-2019, 09:30 AM
His "class above Aberdeen" comment was nuts for someone with his experience. Especially with Aberdeen routinely pumping them this season. Just gave them extra motivation.

hfc rd
27-04-2019, 09:54 AM

100% this

Scouse Hibee
27-04-2019, 10:52 AM
Gerrard will disappear into managerial oblivion after sevco only to reappear at a lower league club down south where he will spend way outwith the clubs means to further his own career.

A welt of a man.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

No chance, he will walk back into a role at Liverpool whenever he wants to.

Jack Hackett
27-04-2019, 12:27 PM

100% this

+1

27-04-2019, 12:39 PM
His "class above Aberdeen" comment was nuts for someone with his experience. Especially with Aberdeen routinely pumping them this season. Just gave them extra motivation.

If the subject is being a bunch of f*nnies then yes, Rangers are a class above.

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2019, 12:43 PM
He needs to stop squinting his eyes and wake up. He's a toly.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

i've not heard/used that word for many years :greengrin

Bostonhibby
27-04-2019, 01:02 PM
i've not heard/used that word for many years :greengrinPoor man's jobby[emoji6]

highland hibbee
27-04-2019, 05:17 PM

Pretty much did Macinnes’ team talk for him