PDA

View Full Version : EEN Poll: Vote for Hibs Best Keeper

mutley
26-04-2019, 08:12 AM
Apologies if already posted, but anyone seen this:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/poll-who-is-hibs-best-goalkeeper-of-the-last-50-years-1-4915126

The 90+2
26-04-2019, 08:16 AM
Shameful 😂😂😂😂😂 everyone should vote the Polar Bear.

Keith_M
26-04-2019, 08:28 AM
Voted Alan Rough.

DarlingtonHibee
26-04-2019, 08:31 AM
Goram for me.

overdrive
26-04-2019, 08:35 AM
The photo collage they had on the Facebook post about it was hilarious. The only keeper they showed that would be anywhere near a shout for this was Budgie. Oxley, Makalambay, etc. :faf:

AltheHibby
26-04-2019, 09:12 AM
I went for Conrad Logan because his impact was out of all proportion to the number of games he played. Otherwise, it would have been Jim Herriot.

Diclonius
26-04-2019, 09:14 AM
I see the Hertz have hijacked the poll.

Gloucester Hibs
26-04-2019, 09:17 AM
I see the Hertz have hijacked the poll.

Aye Zibi was sitting at 15%! :rolleyes:

Goram was winning it last I looked.

BroxburnHibee
26-04-2019, 09:21 AM
Goram for me.

Larry Burns
26-04-2019, 09:31 AM
Jim Leighton

blaikie
26-04-2019, 09:40 AM
Logan purely for that semi final! We were well off the mark that day and he kept us in that game!

DaveF
26-04-2019, 09:49 AM
Easy choice - Andy Goram.

Michael
26-04-2019, 09:52 AM
Logan easily.

danhibees1875
26-04-2019, 10:18 AM
Logan achieved the most and made the biggest impact in a short number of games. I'm not sure that equates to being the best though. But it's hard to ever not vote for Logan if he's an option. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2019, 10:21 AM
i think Andy Goram is possibly the best shot-stopper in my time, both Alan Rough and Jim Leighton were at the wrong end of their careers when they were here, neither let us down though, moreso Leighton, i can only just remember the likes of Jim McArthur/Jim Herriot/Thomson Allan/Mike McDonald(sp)

after actually looking at the list, was it graeme smith that ermm 'let us down' in the 6-6 game at fir park a few years back, i'm still convinced he chucked at least one in even though he accidently saved a penalty :cb

AltheHibby
26-04-2019, 10:22 AM

How do you see the current position?

hibbycraig
26-04-2019, 10:23 AM
Jim McArthur for that tache

mjhibby
26-04-2019, 11:18 AM
Apologies if already posted, but anyone seen this:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/poll-who-is-hibs-best-goalkeeper-of-the-last-50-years-1-4915126

A really tough choice but went for roughie for his incredible heroics in keeping us up with crap teams. Leighton was magnificent for us and Goram was so consistent. Only budgie and Daniel Andersson come close to those three IMHO.

tamig
26-04-2019, 11:22 AM
Logan achieved the most and made the biggest impact in a short number of games. I'm not sure that equates to being the best though. But it's hard to ever not vote for Logan if he's an option. :greengrin

Logan is a legend for his cup heroics. However, folk seem to gloss over his bad mistakes in the Falkirk play-off game at ER. He could have cost us promotion that season. Nowhere near our best keeper for me.

Galahibby
26-04-2019, 11:34 AM
Goram's the best, by a mile. Conrad is my favourite though, for obvious reasons.

BILLYHIBS
26-04-2019, 11:36 AM
The Goalie! :greengrin

Bostonhibby
26-04-2019, 11:40 AM
I see the Hertz have hijacked the poll.No surprise there, the EEN will have set it up to give them the chance.

Maybe we should set up a separate poll.

Who is your all time favourite Hearts creditor?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

hibee316
26-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Logan is a legend for his cup heroics. However, folk seem to gloss over his bad mistakes in the Falkirk play-off game at ER. He could have cost us promotion that season. Nowhere near our best keeper for me.

He could have let in 10 goals a match in his other games as far as I am concerned. Scottish Cup hero! :)

matty_f
26-04-2019, 11:44 AM
No surprise there, the EEN will have set it up to give them the chance.

Good shout.

I'm torn between their own charity and the poppy folk.

Bostonhibby
26-04-2019, 11:49 AM
Good shout.

I'm torn between their own charity and the poppy folk.Craig Beattie should be in their somewhere.

Hibernia&Alba
26-04-2019, 11:50 AM
Goram

Biggie
26-04-2019, 11:53 AM

ha-ha very good :not worth

got to be the Poppy org.

Caversham Green
26-04-2019, 12:46 PM
They've missed out Roy Baines.

Hibernia&Alba
26-04-2019, 12:51 PM

Big Maka, Simon Brown, Graham Stack :greengrin

sambajustice
26-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Voting Goram is like voting George Best for best ever Hibs player

Hibernia&Alba
26-04-2019, 12:54 PM

In what way? Goram played almost 150 games for us.

Gloucester Hibs
26-04-2019, 12:58 PM

Goram was exceptional for us in a piss-poor side, and had already earned Scotland caps before he left for Rangers?

Should've been Scotland's number 1 for Italia 90 but we went with a confidence-shot Jim Leighton instead.

BILLYHIBS
26-04-2019, 01:03 PM
In what way? Goram played almost 150 games for us.

163 appearances 1 goal :greengrin

Maybe the OP meant it was a no contest :greengrin

I'm Spartacus
26-04-2019, 01:30 PM

How do you get that? He played 138 games for us AND scored a goal!!

Goram for me and then Budgie for just being a character.

Hibernia&Alba
26-04-2019, 01:32 PM
I thought Ben Williams was excellent for us.

Smartie
26-04-2019, 02:09 PM

"James" Sandison

BILLYHIBS
26-04-2019, 02:17 PM
How do you get that? He played 138 games for us AND scored a goal!!

Goram for me and then Budgie for just being a character.

Plus 13 Scottish Cup
8 League Cup
4 EUFA Cup

Plus several appearances for the Scottish Cricket Team :greengrin

HoboHarry
26-04-2019, 02:21 PM
163 appearances 1 goal :greengrin

Maybe the OP meant it was a no contest :greengrin
Goram's goalscoring record was s***e. Oxley got one in only 69 games...... :greengrin

Bostonhibby
26-04-2019, 02:22 PM
"James" SandisonThey certainly didn't care who they crapped on, anyway back to the favourite Hibs related goalkeeper thread, I can't believe the EEN missed Ken Garland off.

NZ Green
26-04-2019, 02:23 PM
Logan wasn't the best, but he was the most important.

-Jonesy-
26-04-2019, 02:24 PM
Goram's goalscoring record was s***e. Oxley got one in only 69 games...... :greengrin

Think it was his competitive debut as well

BILLYHIBS
26-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Peter Cormack played a few games in goals :greengrin

hibby6270
26-04-2019, 04:52 PM
They've missed out Roy Baines.

Yeah strange that, considering they’ve included Thomson Allan and Gordon Marshall, who were a year or two before Roy Baines. All 3 just on the cusp of the 50 year period.

Other possible(?) “notable” omissions - Cammy Bell, Ross Laidlaw, Tony Caig, Bryan Gunn, Chris Reid, Robin Rae and finally the Jekyll & Hyde of recent keepers - Scottish Cup legend who made his debut in the QF Replay and also the guy who effectively ‘lost’ us the Brondby Europa League tie - I give you ..............Otso Virtanen

Also a keeper who has a “100% record” with us but was nevertheless pivotal in getting ScottAllan back to the club. No goals against but then again no games played either but likely to win a Premiership Medal this season - Scott Bain. Don’t think he counts though, does he? :confused:

PaulSmith
26-04-2019, 05:36 PM

Its not really, Goram was outstanding for Hibs for nigh on 3 years. Some of the best saves and performances I’ve ever seen were watching him playing for Hibs.

sadly his memory at Hibs is tainted by moving to Rangers and becoming a Loyalist ****bag.. the guy had the potential to be the best keeper in the world (some would argue that he did achieve this over a short period whilst at Ibrox)

BILLYHIBS
26-04-2019, 05:49 PM
Its not really, Goram was outstanding for Hibs for nigh on 3 years. Some of the best saves and performances I’ve ever seen were watching him playing for Hibs.

sadly his memory at Hibs is tainted by moving to Rangers and becoming a Loyalist ****bag.. the guy had the potential to be the best keeper in the world (some would argue that he did achieve this over a short period whilst at Ibrox)

Agree with this

I went to Italia 90 and was under no doubt Andy Goram was world class and could not believe it when Jim Leighton was selected ahead of him particularly as at that time Leightons club form was not that great

Leighton was Gorams nemesis when it came to the Scotland goalkeeping position

Goram got the gloves for Euro 96 and performed admirably but walked out on Scotland 15 days before the opening game of France 98 when told Leighton would be first choice :confused:

PaulSmith
26-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Agree with this

I went to Italia 90 and was under no doubt Andy Goram was world class and could not believe it when Jim Leighton was selected ahead of him particularly as at that time Leightons club form was not that great

Goram got the gloves for Euro 96 and performed admirably but walked out on Scotland 15 days before the opening game of France 98 when told Leighton would be first choice :confused:

Thats decision to play Leighton in italia90 was ludicrous, I have no doubt that with Gorman in the team we’d have got out of that group.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-04-2019, 07:33 PM
Yeah strange that, considering they’ve included Thomson Allan and Gordon Marshall, who were a year or two before Roy Baines. All 3 just on the cusp of the 50 year period.

Other possible(?) “notable” omissions - Cammy Bell, Ross Laidlaw, Tony Caig, Bryan Gunn, Chris Reid, Robin Rae and finally the Jekyll & Hyde of recent keepers - Scottish Cup legend who made his debut in the QF Replay and also the guy who effectively ‘lost’ us the Brondby Europa League tie - I give you ..............Otso Virtanen

Also a keeper who has a “100% record” with us but was nevertheless pivotal in getting ScottAllan back to the club. No goals against but then again no games played either but likely to win a Premiership Medal this season - Scott Bain. Don’t think he counts though, does he? :confused:

Morten Hyldegaard. For a keeper the width of him he didn’t half let shots go right through him...

tamig
26-04-2019, 08:23 PM
Morten Hyldegaard. For a keeper the width of him he didn’t half let shots go right through him...

How many games did he actually play - if any? I can’t remember much about him at all tbh.

jaf
26-04-2019, 08:39 PM
Another vote for Goram, he was unbelievable at times and wasnt big for a keeper.

Was at his debut against dunfermline (4-0) and the game against morton where he scored.

Crammond Hibee
26-04-2019, 09:33 PM
Andy GORAM for me

Dunbar Hibee
26-04-2019, 11:22 PM
I really liked Nick Colgan for some reason.

1875godsgift
26-04-2019, 11:33 PM

There's far too many to choose from.

Tornadoes70
26-04-2019, 11:47 PM

Must be Romanov bounce a cheque?

Took on 35 million pound of original outstanding hearts debt before transferring it into his care that would have liquidated them and turned it into something near 100 million that was later written off by the just wow Lithuianian Government when his whole crooked empire went tits up.

Jackanory/Teatime Tales couldn't have written a better one.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

The Baldmans Comb
27-04-2019, 04:05 AM
Agree with this

Didn't he officially try to claim at the time he didn't want to take the chance of getting injured at the World Cup 1990 as he was trying to get a new club as his contract with the old Rangers had expired.

Unofficially stories were swirling about that he had a serious drinking problem (which he had), was involved with terrorist organisations (which he was) as well as the usual kiss and tell tittle tattle (which he did) hence Leighton got the nod even though on the field Goram shades it.

There was a quote at the time that "he wasn't in right frame of mind" which gave rise to the "Two Andy Goram's" song.

A horrible man anyway who was quoted in his autobiography saying he hated Hibs fans as
"the worst fans" and even Zibi deserves a vote ahead of that dreadful creature.

One Day
27-04-2019, 07:19 AM
Jim Leighton

Me too

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-04-2019, 07:37 AM
Goram for me.

HibsGW
27-04-2019, 07:39 AM
Got to be Grzegors Szamatolski

Itsnoteasy
27-04-2019, 07:41 AM
Didn't he officially try to claim at the time he didn't want to take the chance of getting injured at the World Cup 1990 as he was trying to get a new club as his contract with the old Rangers had expired.

Unofficially stories were swirling about that he had a serious drinking problem (which he had), was involved with terrorist organisations (which he was) as well as the usual kiss and tell tittle tattle (which he did) hence Leighton got the nod even though on the field Goram shades it.

There was a quote at the time that "he wasn't in right frame of mind" which gave rise to the "Two Andy Goram's" song.

A horrible man anyway who was quoted in his autobiography saying he hated Hibs fans as

It would be frightening how good he would be without a drink problem.

What a keeper.

Since452
27-04-2019, 07:43 AM
Got to be Grzegors Szamatolski

Very good keeper to be fair. Pitty he wasn't here longer.

BILLYHIBS
27-04-2019, 07:45 AM

:aok:

Agree with all of this

It all sounds vaguely familiar

Remember at the time stories of old co paying off his gambling debts cash blah blah blah!

Regardless of the fact that he turned into a Hun Bassa overnight based on goalkeeping ability alone he is still the finest goalkeeper I have seen at Easter Road in over fifty years of watching HIBS

Yes I agree perhaps not the ideal role model

I found his attitude towards HIBS strange especially after all we had done to boost his career and increase his profile and also the fact that his father played for HIBS in goal

His Hun love in only surpassed by Jason Cummings

:sick:

Gloucester Hibs
27-04-2019, 07:50 AM
Thats decision to play Leighton in italia90 was ludicrous, I have no doubt that with Gorman in the team we’d have got out of that group.

Aye. A cock-up by Leighton v Brazil ultimately put us out? A draw would’ve been good enough I think?

https://youtu.be/7w00v641dQ0

Besties Debut
27-04-2019, 08:08 AM
Apparently the votes are flooding in for Zibbi from the wee team fans. I suppose Zibbi reminds them of a time when they were better than us

hfc rd
27-04-2019, 09:43 AM
Apparently the votes are flooding in for Zibbi from the wee team fans. I suppose Zibbi reminds them of a time when they were better than us

If 400,000 people are voting him, then no surprise he will win it

The EEN website is always vastly filled with yams anyways, therefore not surprised that they’ve apparently hijacked this Hibs poll

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2019, 08:29 AM
Keekback running a Zibi thread they reckon they got him up to 16%

A couple of sensible votes for Budgie and Goram :confused:

Other threads are Comedy Central

They reckon they do not play hoofball

The number of passes they make along their own 18 yard line eliminates that stat

I have never heard of half of the fringe players they are wittering on about

They are over the moon that they cost us fourth place yesterday probably correct

Bostonhibby
29-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Keekback running a Zibi thread they reckon they got him up to 16%

A couple of sensible votes for Budgie and Goram :confused:

Other threads are Comedy Central

They reckon they do not play hoofball

The number of passes they make along their own 18 yard line eliminates that stat

I have never heard of half of the fringe players they are wittering on about

They are over the moon that they cost us fourth place yesterday probably correctGives them a fighting chance of consolidating 6th as well, that and an absolute hammering from celtc in the final is a great return for all that cash we keep hearing they've got.

Diclonius
29-04-2019, 10:12 AM
They're just gutted that Hibs goalkeeping mistakes in derbies have mysteriously disappeared since they stopped being financially doped.

Wilson
29-04-2019, 10:22 AM
Darren Jackson went in goal when Leighton got injured against Celtic. Jackson is a better goalie than Zibi.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Darren Jackson went in goal when Leighton got injured against Celtic. Jackson is a better goalie than Zibi.

We actually played for a spell with no goalkeeper in that game. Jackson went in goals whilst Leighton went to get stitches, Leighton came back to the touchline and Jackson gave him his top and gloves back. The ref then restarted the game but didn't wave Leighton back on so he was standing at the side of the park, Jackson was back up front and we had no goalkeeper.

I think the no goalkeeper may have been better than Zibi when it came to derbies.