PDA

View Full Version : HSL Email

DaveF
25-04-2019, 02:27 PM
Don't see another thread so thought I'd post up the email from HSL re their AGM and a couple of initiatives they have announced:

I am writing to give formal notice of our intention to hold this years AGM on Sunday 19th May at Easter Road Stadium. I will write closer to the date to confirm exact time and location within the Stadium.

I would also like to take the opportunity to share with you the details of a couple of initiatives we have in hand.

Founders Board
The Club have kindly agreed to accommodate a display Board within the Stadium that would contain all the names of the founding Members of HSL. The Founding Members would be those donators who had paid their Membership fee in full by a given date, probably 30th September 2019. We would like this to be a very prestigious Board and with this in mind are looking for a sponsor who could help us produce a quality remembrance.

Official Strip
Again, the Club have kindly agreed to facilitate a special, and official, Club Strip dedicated to the Founding Members of HSL. The Clubs official 3rd Strip for season 2020/21 will include all the names of our Founding Members.

Membership Fee
It is our intention to propose an increase in our Membership Fee to take effect immediately following the deadline for our Founding Membership. It seems only fair that we recognise the huge contributions made by the many who have contributed to HSL since launch.

I will write again as soon as I have more information.

James Adie
Chairman

1van Sprou7e
25-04-2019, 03:22 PM
How many founding members are there?

Bangkok Hibby
25-04-2019, 03:25 PM

Or will there be? as the cut off point isn't until September

CockneyRebel
25-04-2019, 03:26 PM

May have to buy a XXXXXXL shirt to accommodate all the names!

Iggy Pope
25-04-2019, 03:27 PM
Hopefully the thought of your name on the jersey prompts a few.
I’m happy they’ve gone with this and the members display board sounds like a good idea too.

I’m not understanding the Membership Fee bit though.

hibbydad
25-04-2019, 03:33 PM
I don't understand the membership fee either

JXM73
25-04-2019, 03:35 PM
Ok, how do join and how much, be cool to have name on a shirt?

green day
25-04-2019, 03:35 PM

Its the amount you need to pay to become a member - think its £225, so £10 a month for 2 years gets you there.

Those asking about joining etc, there is an HSL thread, also their website - https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/

JohnMcM
25-04-2019, 03:36 PM

Is that not the £225 in total donations by an individual that was mentioned at HSL launch?

Bangkok Hibby
25-04-2019, 03:37 PM

No neither am I? I'm assuming at the moment its £225

1van Sprou7e
25-04-2019, 03:39 PM

You need to donate at least £225 by the cut off date

join here: https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/

Bangkok Hibby
25-04-2019, 03:39 PM
Its a great idea but is it relying on current members to spread the word?

Billy Whizz
25-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Its the amount you need to pay to become a member - think its £225, so £10 a month for 2 years gets you there.

Those asking about joining etc, there is an HSL thread, also their website - https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/

If you log on, can see all your payments
Presume the “one off” payments for the Europa league competitions they ran, are included in your donations to date

mutley
I pay by DD monthly, no idea how much I've paid so far!!

Billy Whizz
I pay by DD monthly, no idea how much I've paid so far!!

As I said above, log in, every payment is logged and dated

green day
25-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Presume the “one off” payments for the Europa league competitions they ran, are included in your donations to date

Being honest? No idea, I dont even log on - I just accept the direct debit every month and let it ride !!

green&left
25-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Anyone know how many francks you get to a pound?

According to the online portal thingy i'm on 1820 "Francks", no idea how much in £ i've donated though...

mutley
25-04-2019, 03:44 PM
As I said above, log in, every payment is logged and dated

Ahhh good shout. Apparently i'm 67% there!

Billy Whizz
25-04-2019, 03:44 PM
Being honest? No idea, I dont even log on - I just accept the direct debit every month and let it ride !!

You should log on and have a wee look, all adds up, and this is all on top of what you pay to attend matches
Everyone should be proud who are able to afford this, will also see a copy of your certificate on it too!

DaveF
25-04-2019, 03:47 PM

2303 according to the website.

£225 is the membership fee, so you will have had to reach that before end of September to get on the shirt. No reason why members who don't reach that deadline can't be put forward to go on a future shirt with all the other new joiners so that the incentive is still there.

DaveF
25-04-2019, 03:48 PM

According to the online portal thingy i'm on 1820 "Francks", no idea how much in £ i've donated though...

Got to be honest, I have no idea about those Francks at all.

1van Sprou7e
25-04-2019, 03:49 PM

Well so far I have only donated £15 and I have 125 Francks.

Think 1875 Francks is equal to £225

So £3=25F

Billy Whizz
Got to be honest, I have no idea about those Francks at all.

Maybe we get Sauzee back🤣

green day

Log on, scroll down and all your £££ are shown :aok:

You should log on and have a wee look, all adds up, and this is all on top of what you pay to attend matches
Everyone should be proud who are able to afford this, will also see a copy of your certificate on it too!

Did exactly that and your right, it is a good feeling :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
25-04-2019, 03:50 PM

1st time I’ve seen my certificate, going to print it off

Tynie01011973
25-04-2019, 04:01 PM

£225 is the membership fee, so you will have had to reach that before end of September to get on the shirt. No reason why members who don't reach that deadline can't be put forward to go on a future shirt with all the other new joiners so that the incentive is still there.

The September date quoted was only used as an example of possible cut-off date by Jim Adie. Not set in stone as definite.

DaveF
25-04-2019, 04:04 PM
The September date quoted was only used as an example of possible cut-off date by Jim Adie. Not set in stone as definite.

Fair enough, point taken.

Bangkok Hibby
25-04-2019, 04:04 PM

Its a shame that members dont fully understand or are unaware of the workings of the site (myself included until recently) Doesnt fill me with confidence about getting the message out to the wider world

MSK
25-04-2019, 04:58 PM
Yes !! thats me reached my target, that was painless (for the wallet) now to download my certificate 🇳🇬😆🇳🇬

Iggy Pope
25-04-2019, 05:47 PM
HSL if you’re reading I need my password reset. Email sent.

Brummie_Hibs
25-04-2019, 06:09 PM
The Frank's are baffling. I am 51% towards 8000. What happens then?

When I got the email, I searched around the FAQs about membership prices, but found nothing.

I had to copy the payments table and paste into Excel to total up my contributions (why is there not a total on the page!?)

Then I had to search Hibs.net archive to find the £225 limit — which I have reached and extended well beyond.

So am I a member? I can download a certificate, but I don't have full Frank's, but I have paid a lot more that £225.

So all a bit of a joke.

I want HSL to be successful, but they don't half make it hard for themselves to have any faith in them actually knowing what they are doing.

DaveF
25-04-2019, 06:12 PM
When I got the email, I searched around the FAQs about membership prices, but found nothing.

You know, I did the same and it is there. Under donate, 03.

But I agree, it is far from clear.

Tynie01011973
25-04-2019, 06:50 PM
HSL if you’re reading I need my password reset. Email sent.

I'm the same - despite both email and password saved by Google so nothing should have changed 🤨

Eyrie
25-04-2019, 07:36 PM
Well so far I have only donated £15 and I have 125 Francks.

Think 1875 Francks is equal to £225

So £3=25F

Mine works out at 8.15789 etc Francks to the £.

I'm confuzzled :confused:

madhibby
25-04-2019, 07:49 PM

I had to copy the payments table and paste into Excel to total up my contributions (why is there not a total on the page!?)

Then I had to search Hibs.net archive to find the £225 limit — which I have reached and extended well beyond.

So am I a member? I can download a certificate, but I don't have full Frank's, but I have paid a lot more that £225.

So all a bit of a joke.

I want HSL to be successful, but they don't half make it hard for themselves to have any faith in them actually knowing what they are doing.

I tend to agree with you its all a bit confusing? I’m an HSL member and I have no understanding of what this Francks idea is meant to convey - I have for the first time looked in my own account on the HSL site and can see I have been donating the monthly sum I thought I was since April 2018. I can calculate from this what my contribution to date has cost (over the £225 sum that makes you a member of HSL if I understand that correctly?) and applying a “conversion” factor can calculate that the Francks that I have accumulated are 8.33 times my actual monetary contribution - does this somehow relate to the price of Hibs shares/the number of HSL shares I have? Again I dont understand the 8000 Francks target set for myself - I never set it and my monthly contribution is not planned to end at any point - like if I reached this arbitrary Francks goal?

What would be useful information on the site would be how many contributing members of HSL there currently are and what that translates to in a monthly and annnual sum being paid to Hibs? And some indication of how the the number of members/cash contributions are increasing and their plans to achieve further increases? I cant see that on the site?

zitelli62
25-04-2019, 07:53 PM
Need my password reset.

1van Sprou7e
25-04-2019, 08:19 PM
Mine works out at 8.15789 etc Francks to the £.

I'm confuzzled :confused:

£3 to 25 Francks means that £1 is 8.33 Francks

Your Franck count will be rounded hence the slightly different ratio

OfficialHSL
25-04-2019, 08:21 PM
Hopefully the thought of your name on the jersey prompts a few.
I’m happy they’ve gone with this and the members display board sounds like a good idea too.

I’m not understanding the Membership Fee bit though.
Iggy
Our current fee for full membership level is £225 and it has remained at that level for a number of years. As with most other organisations we are proposing to increase this. We will be receiving feedback on this and will of course need to agree a specific date when this will take effect.

HSL

OfficialHSL
25-04-2019, 08:22 PM

www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

HSL

OfficialHSL
25-04-2019, 08:25 PM
Its a great idea but is it relying on current members to spread the word?
Bangkok Hibby
We will be promoting this message elsewhere but you are right word of mouth is always the best.

HSL

simple
25-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Don't see another thread so thought I'd post up the email from HSL re their AGM and a couple of initiatives they have announced:

I am writing to give formal notice of our intention to hold this years AGM on Sunday 19th May at Easter Road Stadium. I will write closer to the date to confirm exact time and location within the Stadium.

I would also like to take the opportunity to share with you the details of a couple of initiatives we have in hand.

Founders Board
The Club have kindly agreed to accommodate a display Board within the Stadium that would contain all the names of the founding Members of HSL. The Founding Members would be those donators who had paid their Membership fee in full by a given date, probably 30th September 2019. We would like this to be a very prestigious Board and with this in mind are looking for a sponsor who could help us produce a quality remembrance.

Official Strip
Again, the Club have kindly agreed to facilitate a special, and official, Club Strip dedicated to the Founding Members of HSL. The Clubs official 3rd Strip for season 2020/21 will include all the names of our Founding Members.

Membership Fee

It is our intention to propose an increase in our Membership Fee to take effect immediately following the deadline for our Founding Membership. It seems only fair that we recognise the huge contributions made by the many who have contributed to HSL since launch.

I will write again as soon as I have more information.

James Adie
Chairman

I didn’t get an email and wasn’t even aware that I had an account on HSL website 🤷*♂️ However I know for a fact that I’m a member as I have my certificate. How do I check if I have an account? Great idea BTW, would love a strip with my name on it, just like the hibs.net flag from several years ago 👍

OfficialHSL
25-04-2019, 08:35 PM

Yes.

HSL

DaveF
25-04-2019, 08:36 PM
I didn’t get an email and wasn’t even aware that I had an account on HSL website 🤷*♂️ However I know for a fact that I’m a member as I have my certificate. How do I check if I have an account? Great idea BTW, would love a strip with my name on it, just like the hibs.net flag from several years ago 👍

I wasn't getting HSL emails either until I realised I signed up to it with a now defunct email address. Drop HSL an email and they will check it for you.

OfficialHSL
25-04-2019, 08:46 PM

Dave

We will have only one set of “Founding Members” as this will be a simple historical fact. The exact deadline for paying the full Membership has yet to be determined and we welcome feedback in this. There is however a practical driver to this and this relates to the deadline for the shirt manufacturer. We are advised by Leeann that this can be well in advance of the start of the season.

HSL

OfficialHSL
25-04-2019, 08:51 PM
Correct. We can alter this slightly but will be limited by the lead time for the shirt manufacturer.

HSL

Tynie01011973
25-04-2019, 08:57 PM
Correct. We can alter this slightly but will be limited by the lead time for the shirt manufacturer.

HSL

Hi,there seems to be a problem with logging into our HSL accounts for several people on this thread.
My email and password were saved but I am getting message saying Credentials don't match our records ?

Is there any timescale for resetting access to account?

Thanks

DaveF
25-04-2019, 08:59 PM
Dave

We will have only one set of “Founding Members” as this will be a simple historical fact. The exact deadline for paying the full Membership has yet to be determined and we welcome feedback in this. There is however a practical driver to this and this relates to the deadline for the shirt manufacturer. We are advised by Leeann that this can be well in advance of the start of the season.

HSL

Understand that but why not aim to have members 2500 to 5000 on a shirt in 2023 or something like that? It keeps the incentive going for new members to join.

OxoHibby
25-04-2019, 09:01 PM
Not knocking hsl but what about recognition of those who took the share offer and paid upfront and seem entitled to fa?

SMAXXA
25-04-2019, 09:17 PM
Does anyone have a DD for a gocardless that’s paid every month to Hibs? Doesn’t show on my payment history so just emailed them.

Salisbury Hibby
25-04-2019, 09:23 PM
Does anyone have a DD for a gocardless that’s paid every month to Hibs? Doesn’t show on my payment history so just emailed them.Yes. GoCardless provide the DD facilities for HSL.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

AL-Qaholik
25-04-2019, 09:24 PM
I'm yet another one who's password isn't recognised.
Why isn't there a password reset button on the login page?
How do we resolve this?

SMAXXA
25-04-2019, 09:28 PM
Yes. GoCardless provide the DD facilities for HSL.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Not showing on my payment history only a £15 donation I made as a one oft so will see what they say

Garymcl
25-04-2019, 09:28 PM
Just want to say HSL are doing a great job did you guys get permission to set up stalls at home games sorry if this has been covered before but just interested how you got on with this keep up the good work Ggtth :flag:

Baldy Foghorn
25-04-2019, 09:40 PM
I'm yet another one who's password isn't recognised.
Why isn't there a password reset button on the login page?
How do we resolve this?

Ditto, no idea what password is, and can't reset it....

matty_f
25-04-2019, 09:42 PM
Not knocking hsl but what about recognition of those who took the share offer and paid upfront and seem entitled to fa?

As someone who bought shares directly as well, what recognition are up expecting?

They were two different propositions with HSL always aiming to be a longer term choice.

DaveF
25-04-2019, 09:48 PM
Ditto, no idea what password is, and can't reset it....

I emailed info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk and they sorted it fairly quickly.

Eyrie
25-04-2019, 09:57 PM
£3 to 25 Francks means that £1 is 8.33 Francks

Your Franck count will be rounded hence the slightly different ratio

I'm no longer confuzzled - thank you.

Baldy Foghorn
25-04-2019, 09:58 PM

Cheers, I will do that. Old age and passwords not a great combo......

Glory Lurker
25-04-2019, 10:12 PM
As someone who bought shares directly as well, what recognition are up expecting?

They were two different propositions with HSL always aiming to be a longer term choice.

This post = cat
The topic = pigeons

My name will be on the shirt, but I've a lot of sympathy with this.

Rocky
25-04-2019, 10:20 PM

Maybe email HSL and offer to give them your shares in exchange for a membership?

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2019, 11:08 PM
Dave

HSL

I have only been contributing £10 a month since last September, so it will be into next year before I get to £225. I presume HSL will announce the cut off date well in advance so that folk like me will have a chance to make a one off payment before the proposed date.

I do intend to continue with my £10 per month indefinitely … but I want my name on that strip dammit :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2019, 11:23 PM

This is always the issue when it comes to HSL initiatives. It caused controversy at the time of the loyalty points fiasco and I can see why folk who stumped up for shares at the very beginning could once again be asking 'what about us?' …. that was certainly my attitude back then.

However, I suppose the difference is that the end game when it comes to HSL is that hopefully most of the folk who join it will continue their contributions well into the future even when there are no shares left for HSL to buy … as I said in my previous post, that's certainly my attitude to it.

But as you say, it does seem that private ( for want of a better expression :dunno: ) shareholders are a pretty well forgotten group … even though it shouldn't be forgotten that those of us who bought into it from the very start had to knock doors out of windows to find a financial advisor willing to sign off on the purchase … it took me over a week.

kevinc
25-04-2019, 11:34 PM
Iggy
Our current fee for full membership level is £225 and it has remained at that level for a number of years. As with most other organisations we are proposing to increase this. We will be receiving feedback on this and will of course need to agree a specific date when this will take effect.

HSL Hi HSL, I think that anyone who is already a paying member should have the opportunity to be featured on the shirt for the full membership fee of £225, the cut off date should be the determining factor rather than an increase in the membership threshold, otherwise you will disencentivise, rather than reward, current contributors. There should also be better promotion of HSL in and around the stadium on matchdays, including bucket/can collections imo.

tamig
25-04-2019, 11:58 PM
This post = cat
The topic = pigeons

My name will be on the shirt, but I've a lot of sympathy with this.

They got loyalty points instead. Oops.

Bangkok Hibby
26-04-2019, 12:29 AM
Has anybody figured out what the goal of 8000 Francks is all about?

BSEJVT
26-04-2019, 06:14 AM
This is always the issue when it comes to HSL initiatives. It caused controversy at the time of the loyalty points fiasco and I can see why folk who stumped up for shares at the very beginning could once again be asking 'what about us?' …. that was certainly my attitude back then.

However, I suppose the difference is that the end game when it comes to HSL is that hopefully most of the folk who join it will continue their contributions well into the future even when there are no shares left for HSL to buy … as I said in my previous post, that's certainly my attitude to it.

But as you say, it does seem that private ( for want of a better expression :dunno: ) shareholders are a pretty well forgotten group … even though it shouldn't be forgotten that those of us who bought into it from the very start had to knock doors out of windows to find a financial advisor willing to sign off on the purchase … it took me over a week.

NN this reply isn't specifically directed at you or your above post

Shareholders aren't a forgotten group though.

They have access to the AGM of the club and Annual Accounts and have shares that theoretically at least they can one day redeem.

It is a completely different proposition and comparing the two is like comparing apples with oranges.

There is nothing HFC or HSL can do about folk who cant grasp that distinction.

One thing I will say for absolute definite is that after the loyalty points for HSL contributions fiasco that HSL have to fight tooth and nail to get the club to agree to anything.

The surest way to kill this thing and any further potential future "incentives" from the club stone dead is for non HSL members to kick up a fuss about the miniscule by comparison "incentives" the club are prepared to offer compared to our competitors Aberdeen & Hearts.

Some folk complain about HSL's lack of proactivity then others (maybe even the same posters) complain when they try to do something different. Damned if they do and damned if they don't?

I would like to think that we are all on a journey and the ultimate decision is to make Hibs as successful as possible?

We might all get there by different routes but will all enjoy the destination when we get there.

The amount of petty bickering on how we get the club to that destination absolutely sickens me.

I contribute to HSL but if my circumstances meant that I could not I would be pleased and proud that some of my fellow supporters were helping to lift a load I could not.

I would be chuffed to be part of a wider caring group that had one aim, instead I find myself dismayed that folk put their personal position ahead of the common good on such a minor issue and yet again sour what should ne a wonderful idea for some.

Hibs supporters come from all colours and creeds and from all walks of life, yet is seems that one thing that constantly divides us is HSL. It is time for folk to either get onboard or let their personal antipathy towards HSL die a quiet death and let others who are prepared to support the club through this other route do so, without feeling "dirty" or having to continuously justify doing so.

I know of folk already who are going to contribute for the first time to HSL and fully by the cut off date to make sure they get their name on the strip. What a success and one to be shouted from the rooftops!

I am prepared to bet that the vast majority of HSL members are also shareholders so its not an either or proposition.

That doesn't seem enough for some here want to nit pick about something that is to their ultimate benefit viz a better team on the park.

When we next win something do you think that HSL members will be thanked by those non HSL members for helping put a better team on the park that enabled that trophy win?

Me neither, nor would we want to be, we do it for the love of the club and team, nothing else.

I don't doubt that non HSL members love the club and team either, all I would ask of them is that if they don't want to be part of HSL they at least stop whining about its efforts.

The guys that run HSL are ordinary guys who give up their free time to do so, they would be the first to admit mistakes have been made and things could be better.

Maybe try offering them a hand or getting involved rather that criticise every single miss-step or slight process issue?

matty_f
26-04-2019, 07:05 AM

They have access to the AGM of the club and Annual Accounts and have shares that theoretically at least they can one day redeem.

It is a completely different proposition and comparing the two is like comparing apples with oranges.

One thing I will say for absolute definite is that after the loyalty points for HSL contributions fiasco that HSL have to fight tooth and nail to get the club to agree to anything.

The surest way to kill this thing and any further potential future "incentives" from the club stone dead is for non HSL members to kick up a fuss about the miniscule by comparison "incentives" the club are prepared to offer compared to our competitors Aberdeen & Hearts.

Some folk complain about HSL's lack of proactivity then others (maybe even the same posters) complain when they try to do something different. Damned if they do and damned if they don't?

I would like to think that we are all on a journey and the ultimate decision is to make Hibs as successful as possible?

We might all get there by different routes but will all enjoy the destination when we get there.

The amount of petty bickering on how we get the club to that destination absolutely sickens me.

I contribute to HSL but if my circumstances meant that I could not I would be pleased and proud that some of my fellow supporters were helping to lift a load I could not.

I would be chuffed to be part of a wider caring group that had one aim, instead I find myself dismayed that folk put their personal position ahead of the common good on such a minor issue and yet again sour what should ne a wonderful idea for some.

Hibs supporters come from all colours and creeds and from all walks of life, yet is seems that one thing that constantly divides us is HSL. It is time for folk to either get onboard or let their personal antipathy towards HSL die a quiet death and let others who are prepared to support the club through this other route do so, without feeling "dirty" or having to continuously justify doing so.

I know of folk already who are going to contribute for the first time to HSL and fully by the cut off date to make sure they get their name on the strip. What a success and one to be shouted from the rooftops!

I am prepared to bet that the vast majority of HSL members are also shareholders so its not an either or proposition.

That doesn't seem enough for some here want to nit pick about something that is to their ultimate benefit viz a better team on the park.

When we next win something do you think that HSL members will be thanked by those non HSL members for helping put a better team on the park that enabled that trophy win?

Me neither, nor would we want to be, we do it for the love of the club and team, nothing else.

I don't doubt that non HSL members love the club and team either, all I would ask of them is that if they don't want to be part of HSL they at least stop whining about its efforts.

The guys that run HSL are ordinary guys who give up their free time to do so, they would be the first to admit mistakes have been made and things could be better.

Maybe try offering them a hand or getting involved rather that criticise every single miss-step or slight process issue?

Great post, will struggle to see a better one today, imho

bigwheel
26-04-2019, 07:10 AM

Wow. New favourite post and poster. Nothing to add except Thank you! [emoji119]

OfficialHSL
26-04-2019, 07:15 AM

BSEJVT

What a great post and thank you for your kind words. Dashing off to work at the moment but will add comments later to help clarify a few points.

HSL

kennedy
26-04-2019, 07:19 AM

tried that four times over the last three weeks...……………..no response yet.

DaveF
26-04-2019, 07:29 AM
tried that four times over the last three weeks...……………..no response yet.

Can only assume there is a delivery issue of some sort. Maybe drop a PM on here to official HSL instead?

Gloucester Hibs
26-04-2019, 07:30 AM
I have only been contributing £10 a month since last September, so it will be into next year before I get to £225. I presume HSL will announce the cut off date well in advance so that folk like me will have a chance to make a one off payment before the proposed date.

I do intend to continue with my £10 per month indefinitely … but I want my name on that strip dammit :greengrin

This is roughly the situation I am in. I will definitely be making a one-off payment prior to cut-off date as I too want my name on that strip!

kennedy
26-04-2019, 07:39 AM
Can only assume there is a delivery issue of some sort. Maybe drop a PM on here to official HSL instead?

Ta for that. Had problems donating the £50.00 as I could not sign in (lost password) sent email to them, got an another option from HSL to pay which I did. However on the same email to them I asked about resetting my password, no reply to that question but they did respond quickly regarding the donation however.

Bill Milne
26-04-2019, 07:50 AM
Hard to believe but has no-one else noticed that we are due to face the Sheep at ER on the day proposed for the HSL AGM?

Bostonhibby
26-04-2019, 07:50 AM

Great post, don't disagree with any of it.

I'd only say that there's folk who deliberately wanted a shareholding, or to add to an existing shareholding separately from, or in addition to contributing through HSL.

There's a number of different reasons for it, in my case I want to help HSL towards that meaningful share rather than full ownership and I know a few shareholders who think the same way.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
26-04-2019, 10:47 AM

Preaching to the converted so far as I go mate. I agree with pretty well everything you have said, my comments were simply in response to what the guy I had quoted was saying as an academic exercise.

I don't think anybody would have a problem if HSL contributors were offered stuff like 5% off replica strips or other merchandise in the club shop, or to have their names printed on a 3rd strip like the proposal here, you know, stuff like that. The huge difference with the loyalty points thing was that it was ( like it or not ) very much seen as setting one set of supporters above another and disadvantaging folk who for example may have already made sacrifices to buy a season ticket but who couldn't afford to join HSL … Folk like me at the time in fact.

That is behind us now though, it was a lesson learned. I think, or at least I would hope, that the vast majority of people contributing to HSL do so in a purely altruistic way, I know I do, I expect nothing back for my money except to see the club I love and have 'actively' supported for over four decades prosper, or at the very least survive.

This initiative is exactly the sort of thing I have been banging on about HSL doing. Already you have had people who are current HSL contributors asking about the cut off point keen to see their contributions reach the required level of £225 before the date in question so they can have their names included on the strip and I'm sure when word gets out it will encourage a few new folk to become contributors.

The only fly in the ointment I can see is that the main aim for HSL is to attract folk who will make monthly contributions and who will get to the stage where that £10 a month or whatever it is isn't missed by them and they commit to paying it for an indefinite period long after they become full members. I think this initiative will definitely be worthwhile, but whether its limited to attracting folk to ante up £225 as a one off or it attracts the members HSL really needs … IE folk who are willing to contribute on an ongoing basis, remains to be seen.

That's just me playing Devil's advocate though …. I do like this initiative :aok:

BSEJVT
26-04-2019, 06:03 PM
Great post, don't disagree with any of it.

I'd only say that there's folk who deliberately wanted a shareholding, or to add to an existing shareholding separately from, or in addition to contributing through HSL.

There's a number of different reasons for it, in my case I want to help HSL towards that meaningful share rather than full ownership and I know a few shareholders who think the same way.

Thanks I am with you on that

I want to see HSL get to 25.1% and then I will re-evaluate my contributions

I would like to think that there would be an option at that time for me to continue to pay what I pay direct to the club and without my particular contributions increasing HSL's shareholding further than the magic 25.1% if there isn't I will have a choice to make.

I too would like another share issue but I think the problem there, may be that there are a good few substantial nominee holdings out there that the club don't want added to.

One thing I can say from personal experience is that its possible to divide your existing shareholding up and the club are very helpful in this.

We have just had our first grandchild and I was able to split off some of my shareholding to them, no problem at all and at no cost.

I cant speak highly enough about the clubs help in doing this and it was all done with very good grace and as simple as could be.

BSEJVT
26-04-2019, 06:05 PM
Hard to believe but has no-one else noticed that we are due to face the Sheep at ER on the day proposed for the HSL AGM?

This was deliberate

Folk are going to ER anyway, it is hoped that tying the AGM into it will encourage greater attendance and more folk to get really involved

Stuart93
26-04-2019, 06:07 PM
I’ve emailed a couple times asking about resetting my password for my HSL account but had no reply, anyone else?

Bostonhibby
26-04-2019, 06:11 PM
Thanks I am with you on that

I want to see HSL get to 25.1% and then I will re-evaluate my contributions

I would like to think that there would be an option at that time for me to continue to pay what I pay direct to the club and without my particular contributions increasing HSL's shareholding further than the magic 25.1% if there isn't I will have a choice to make.

I too would like another share issue but I think the problem there, may be that there are a good few substantial nominee holdings out there that the club don't want added to.

One thing I can say from personal experience is that its possible to divide your existing shareholding up and the club are very helpful in this.

We have just had our first grandchild and I was able to split off some of my shareholding to them, no problem at all and at no cost.

I cant speak highly enough about the clubs help in doing this and it was all done with very good grace and as simple as could be.Great minds and all that[emoji6]

The club helped me reallocate shares as a gift a while back, as well as putting me in touch with sellers too. The guy who did it all (Jensen?) is gone now I think, but was very helpful.

OfficialHSL
26-04-2019, 07:40 PM
I’ve emailed a couple times asking about resetting my password for my HSL account but had no reply, anyone else?
Stuart
We are sorry we have not been able to respond sooner
We have been made aware of a problem with the reset password function and our web developer is working on this as we speak.
We have had a very positive response to our latest initiative but unfortunately a large number of people have forgotten their passwords that we sent out to everyone last May.
We can respond to these password requests and we will work through these emails over the weekend.
Please bear with us.

HSL

Stuart93
26-04-2019, 07:43 PM
Stuart
We are sorry we have not been able to respond sooner
We have been made aware of a problem with the reset password function and our web developer is working on this as we speak.
We have had a very positive response to our latest initiative but unfortunately a large number of people have forgotten their passwords that we sent out to everyone last May.
We can respond to these password requests and we will work through these emails over the weekend.
Please bear with us.

HSL

No problems, thanks for letting me know 👍🏼

OfficialHSL
26-04-2019, 07:51 PM

Nae Nookie
Yes, we will try to give as much notice as possible and indeed we plan to send an email that will include the balance needed to complete Membership. We have also noticed a number of people increase their normal monthly amount by a small amount so that their balance shortfall will be smaller later in the year..

HSL

OfficialHSL
26-04-2019, 08:01 PM

So all a bit of a joke.

Brummie
Obviously we are sorry to hear that you are not feeling terribly positive about this as we did have a number of your fellow supporter work on this idea. We did send out two emails last May fully explaining what this was about and how it would work.
Indeed we have had really good feedback from many saying they love the idea.
As we progress with further ideas you may see us refer more often to Francks totals rather than £.
At the end of the day it was intended to be a little fun and a little less vulgar than talking about £.

HSL

OfficialHSL
27-04-2019, 10:08 AM

OxoHibby

We understand where you are coming from but we can only deal with matters relating to HSL. You may recall at the time we actively encouraged supporters to take the HSL route rather than direct shareholding. Please not however you could achieve an HSL Membership by donating shares to HSL to the value of £225 ?

HSL

oldbutdim
27-04-2019, 10:45 AM
OxoHibby

We understand where you are coming from but we can only deal with matters relating to HSL. You may recall at the time we actively encouraged supporters to take the HSL route rather than direct shareholding. Please not however you could achieve an HSL Membership by donating shares to HSL to the value of £225 ?

HSL

I've got shares from the Mercer era, and although my primary reason for donating now is to just help when I'm in a position to do so, buying more shares for HSL isn't a bad thing either.

Quite fancy getting a strip with my name woven into it too so it's win/win/win for me!

I know some fans STILL think that the share purchase means that STF and Rodders are gaining, when of course the exact opposite is true and their shareholding is diluted.
I don't know how to dispel that story - some guys that are adamant it is the case are quite intelligent blokes - just have a bee in their bonnet about this.

So, for those who bought shares earlier - no reason not to join the HSL revolution too!
:aok:

DaveF
27-04-2019, 12:08 PM
I know some fans STILL think that the share purchase means that STF and Rodders are gaining, when of course the exact opposite is true and their shareholding is diluted.
I don't know how to dispel that story - some guys that are adamant it is the case are quite intelligent blokes - just have a bee in their bonnet about this.

This is key - just as much as it is key to get the HSL message out to those other fans who are unaware of it and the lapsed support who could do their bit.

I can't fathom the Petrie \ Farmer benefitting thing at all so if anyone does genuinely believe that to the case, a sensible conversation about would be great to hear that point of view.

JohnMcM
27-04-2019, 03:25 PM

Same here. As someone else said in an earlier post, might be a delivery problem.

Corstorphine Hibby
27-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Same here. As someone else said in an earlier post, might be a delivery problem.

I had a small issue registering. I emailed the link, got a reply within minutes informing me where I was going wrong and 5 mins later, I am now a fully paid up member.
Easy peasy.

Gerard
27-04-2019, 05:06 PM
I fully support HSL as it has given Hibs money that has been used to sign players that we would not have been able to bring in. I hope that more people will support HSL.

OfficialHSL
28-04-2019, 06:38 AM

MaeNookie
You are right with this and it is one of the obstacles we have had to overcome- Having a proposition that split fans into two ownership groups was always going to cause problems even by

just making things more confusing?
We have seen an increasing number of supporters donating their shares ( not all of them ) to HSL
and this is pleasing.

HSL

emerald green
02-05-2019, 10:14 AM
Dave

HSL

Hello HSL,

Firstly my apologies for coming back to you so late on this. I'm now trying to catch up with a few things I would like clarified please.

I'm already a member of HSL, and have got my membership certificate. I've currently got 3,125 Franks on my account. Does this mean that I will be classified as a Founding Member of HSL, and if that is the case my name will be included on the proposed Founders Board which will be accommodated on a display board within the stadium - HSL email dated 25/04/2019 refers?

Would my name also be included on the Official Strip also referred to in email dated 25/04/2019?

Again, apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere, but what does the 8,000 Franks figure on "My Account" section of the website represent. Is this simply a random target figure?

Thank you.

Bangkok Hibby
02-05-2019, 11:34 AM
Hello HSL,

Firstly my apologies for coming back to you so late on this. I'm now trying to catch up with a few things I would like clarified please.

I'm already a member of HSL, and have got my membership certificate. I've currently got 3,125 Franks on my account. Does this mean that I will be classified as a Founding Member of HSL, and if that is the case my name will be included on the proposed Founders Board which will be accommodated on a display board within the stadium - HSL email dated 25/04/2019 refers?

Would my name also be included on the Official Strip also referred to in email dated 25/04/2019?

Again, apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere, but what does the 8,000 Franks figure on "My Account" section of the website represent. Is this simply a random target figure?

Thank you.

There was a reply earlier to say that two emails had been sent out last May explaining Francks. Now I'm not having a go, I think the whole set up is great but I wasnt part of it last May and I'd also like a full explanation of Francks and the 8000 target 👍🏻

emerald green
02-05-2019, 12:15 PM
There was a reply earlier to say that two emails had been sent out last May explaining Francks. Now I'm not having a go, I think the whole set up is great but I wasnt part of it last May and I'd also like a full explanation of Francks and the 8000 target 👍🏻

Yep, I've read those two emails which were sent out on 12/05/2018 thanks.

I would still like someone from HSL to clarify / confirm the points I've raised in my earlier post though.

Thanks again.

OfficialHSL
02-05-2019, 01:23 PM
Hello HSL,

Thank you.

Emerald Green

Yes we can confirm that if you already have at least 1875 Francks, your name will be on both the Founders Board and the Strip

You are also correct to say that the 8000 Francks figure is random. We anticipate in the future having more ideas to recognise the generosity of our Members. While the fundamental principle of one Member one vote will never change we have been encouraged by our Members to introduce such items. It's possible that in the future that we may propose things that are available for Members with 8000 or above or 3000 or above etc.

The idea of using a different currency was just a bit of fun suggested by the group of Members who worked on our web site. We sent out the attached message last May.

HSL

emerald green
02-05-2019, 05:45 PM
Emerald Green

Yes we can confirm that if you already have at least 1875 Francks, your name will be on both the Founders Board and the Strip

You are also correct to say that the 8000 Francks figure is random. We anticipate in the future having more ideas to recognise the generosity of our Members. While the fundamental principle of one Member one vote will never change we have been encouraged by our Members to introduce such items. It's possible that in the future that we may propose things that are available for Members with 8000 or above or 3000 or above etc.

The idea of using a different currency was just a bit of fun suggested by the group of Members who worked on our web site. We sent out the attached message last May.

HSL

HSL,

Many thanks for your quick response, and for clarifying things. It's much appreciated. :aok:

Renfrew_Hibby
02-05-2019, 06:16 PM
As of this month I've donated exactly £750 (40 months @ £18.75)

I can't be bothered right now chasing up a new password for my account do £750 equates to how many francs exactly?

OfficialHSL
02-05-2019, 06:49 PM

Bangkok Hibby

Thank you for your post.

You make a very valid point and this is something we should have anticipated. Our email in May should have clarified things for those who had joined prior to that point but of course means nothing to someone like you who presumably joined at a later date. We are sorry for this.

We will introduce a note on to our web site asap.

Thank you for bringing this to out attention and again, apologies.

HSL

DaveF
02-05-2019, 07:04 PM

I can't be bothered right now chasing up a new password for my account do £750 equates to how many francs exactly?

I'm going to guess you will be around 7300.

Kojock
02-05-2019, 07:21 PM

I have donated for 42 months a total of £787.50 and have 6562 Francks which equates to 82% of the 8000 Francks

Ray_
02-05-2019, 07:33 PM
I have two separate amounts being paid in, one for myself and one for my son, who was a student when I started it, both have been going for around four years. I can log on and see the payments for my account, but even although I have emailed several times in the past, I have never been sent details for the second account, so I can pass them on to him to view and keep a check. I have sent in another email this evening, but the reason I have mentioned it on here is because of the number of times my similar email request hasn't been responded to.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-05-2019, 07:40 PM
Bangkok Hibby

Thank you for your post.

You make a very valid point and this is something we should have anticipated. Our email in May should have clarified things for those who had joined prior to that point but of course means nothing to someone like you who presumably joined at a later date. We are sorry for this.

HSL

HSL,

Can I ask if there’s any update yet on the cut off date for full membership in regards to name on the strip/board. Is it still likely to be around the end of Sept?

Ringothedog
02-05-2019, 07:41 PM
I have 6409 Francks which includes 3208 which I did for my late dad

1875STEVE
02-05-2019, 08:00 PM
The only thing im gutted about is, i signed up at the very start, and when you paid the full amount, the direct debit stopped.

I never knew this, i thought it was still going, and i was happy for it to.

I then got my password for the site and noticed no payment had been taken in a year.n:rolleyes:

I never even noticed...... :greengrin

Lancs Harp
02-05-2019, 08:18 PM
Franks? I think i'm afraid to ask.

Paid the membership amount, is that enough Franks?

MagicSwirlingShip
02-05-2019, 08:26 PM
I’m looking to make a one off contribution in the name of our family, would it be possible to have just our family name on the strip instead of my first and last name?

Bangkok Hibby
03-05-2019, 01:23 AM
Bangkok Hibby

Thank you for your post.

HSL

Thanks for your reply and thanks for giving of your time to run this whole enterprise

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2019, 06:57 AM
I still can't access my account. Need password reset

Iggy Pope
04-05-2019, 02:39 PM
Iggy

HSL

Hi HSL
Got my email with my password reset now, so thanks. Very enlightening.
I’ve got 12,666 Franck’s after 55 months of contributions since Feb 2015 and I see I have a ‘goal’ set on my account for 20,000. What’s the goal all about then? Am I getting my name on the shorts as well?

Silversand
04-05-2019, 03:08 PM
Put through a donation over & above my usual monthly contribution & it has come off my account twice, bizarrely over 2 different dates.

Emailed HSL & they said nothing to do with us, speak to Go Cardless.

Really poor response & now considering cancelling my monthly debit.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Just Alf
04-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Put through a donation over & above my usual monthly contribution & it has come off my account twice, bizarrely over 2 different dates.

Sent from my SM-G973F using TapatalkWith the latest data protection legislation if gocardless have charged you twice then HSL can't do a thing... GC wouldn't even confirm you're a customer to HSL far less discuss any transactions. It really is a case of you contacting go cardless.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
04-05-2019, 03:49 PM
With the latest data protection legislation if gocardless have charged you twice then HSL can't do a thing... GC wouldn't even confirm you're a customer to HSL far less discuss any transactions. It really is a case of you contacting go cardless.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkI got hit 3 times for the same contribution, a very helpful gocardless person sent me an email saying they'd acknowledged me cancelling it then sent me another email saying it was down to HSL to ensure it was rectified.

Inevitably the 3 came off but I decided what the hell it's for Hibs, the guys are doing their best voluntarily so they can have it. I'll cancel next week and restart again......

Just Alf
04-05-2019, 04:45 PM
I got hit 3 times for the same contribution, a very helpful gocardless person sent me an email saying they'd acknowledged me cancelling it then sent me another email saying it was down to HSL to ensure it was rectified.

Inevitably the 3 came off but I decided what the hell it's for Hibs, the guys are doing their best voluntarily so they can have it. I'll cancel next week and restart again......

Sent from my SM-A750FN using TapatalkSounds a nightmare then!.. I get your 'it's for hibs!'.... But what if it had been for a tub of pink paint and you were about to get 3!!! :-(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
04-05-2019, 04:47 PM
Sounds a nightmare then!.. I get your 'it's for hibs!'.... But what if it had been for a tub of pink paint and you were about to get 3!!! :-(

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkDuck egg blue down here pal[emoji6]

OfficialHSL
04-05-2019, 06:01 PM

Silver sand

We are very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with our response and of course want to make sure we are always responding correctly.

With this in mind we had the response looked at by two of our other Directors. Both noted that we had not said “nothing to do with us” and both felt that the response had been accurate, polite and hopefully helpful.

Clearly we will never be able to keep everyone happy but please be assured that we will never stop trying.

HSL

OfficialHSL
04-05-2019, 06:12 PM
I got hit 3 times for the same contribution, a very helpful gocardless person sent me an email saying they'd acknowledged me cancelling it then sent me another email saying it was down to HSL to ensure it was rectified.

BostonHibby
As you seem to indicate in your post we are unaware of any of these issues. It is very generous of you to take such a view on this but we would never expect any of our Members to pay funds that they had not authorised. Please feel free to email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk
If you would like us to help.

HSL

Bostonhibby
04-05-2019, 06:18 PM
BostonHibby
As you seem to indicate in your post we are unaware of any of these issues. It is very generous of you to take such a view on this but we would never expect any of our Members to pay funds that they had not authorised. Please feel free to email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk
If you would like us to help.

HSLNo reply required, but appreciate the response. Think I emailed at the time but lost in the ether / ale somewhere [emoji867]

MichaelBrown
04-05-2019, 06:47 PM
Hi guys,

English fan here.

Just so I understand, I could donate £225 now and we'd have our names on the wall and on the shirt?

DaveF
04-05-2019, 07:03 PM
Hi guys,

English fan here.

Just so I understand, I could donate £225 now and we'd have our names on the wall and on the shirt?

I believe that's correct as you will be a founding member, though hopefully official HSL will confirm.

Silversand
04-05-2019, 08:17 PM
Silver sand

We are very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with our response and of course want to make sure we are always responding correctly.

With this in mind we had the response looked at by two of our other Directors. Both noted that we had not said “nothing to do with us” and both felt that the response had been accurate, polite and hopefully helpful.

Clearly we will never be able to keep everyone happy but please be assured that we will never stop trying.

HSLI'm likely to leave the double donation with HSL and understand it is not your fault directly, but not sure I can donate this way again due to my lack of trust with the payment process.

1875STEVE
04-05-2019, 10:32 PM
Hi guys,

English fan here.

Pretty sure that's correct.

HSL will confirm?

IberianHibernian
04-05-2019, 10:52 PM
I believe that's correct as you will be a founding member, though hopefully official HSL will confirm.I suppose HSL will contact all members to ask for authorisation to include names on shirt etc ?

DaveF
05-05-2019, 07:39 AM
I suppose HSL will contact all members to ask for authorisation to include names on shirt etc ?

No idea but now you have brought it up I'm sure they will :-D

Iggy Pope
10-05-2019, 07:12 PM
Hi HSL
Got my email with my password reset now, so thanks. Very enlightening.
I’ve got 12,666 Franck’s after 55 months of contributions since Feb 2015 and I see I have a ‘goal’ set on my account for 20,000. What’s the goal all about then? Am I getting my name on the shorts as well?

Hi HSL, I see you are online.....can you tell me more about the goal thing on my account?
Serious question, not expecting my name on the shorts really.

OfficialHSL
10-05-2019, 07:32 PM
Hi HSL, I see you are online.....can you tell me more about the goal thing on my account?
Serious question, not expecting my name on the shorts really.

Iggy
Can we first of all say that’s a fantastic Francks balance, thank you so much for your support to date.
The concept of using an alternative currency was just a little fun. The Members who helped us with the web site felt that talking about hard cash was a bit crude and not appropriate. We certainly didn’t want to use “points” for obvious reasons so we came up with Franck’s. The conversion rate was 1875 Francks equates to £225.
The rising “target” is only notional and is intended for future use. While we will never compromise the principle of one Member one vote it seems perfectly logical to do as many other similar groups do and recognise different levels of contribution. For example we may have a future incentive available for those with 10000 Francks or above etc.

Hope this helps.

HSL

Ps If we could do the shorts, we would

Iggy Pope
11-05-2019, 10:32 AM
^^^ Ta.