PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Social Media

dp00
25-04-2019, 11:39 AM
How much improved are the hibs social media platforms lately especially the twitter accounts, loads of info on it but also not afraid to have a little laugh and a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
25-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Yep they deserve a lot of credit for what they are doing online. Can engagement in any shape or form is always encouraging imo.

matty_f
25-04-2019, 11:41 AM
How much improved are the hibs social media platforms lately especially the twitter accounts, loads of info on it but also not afraid to have a little laugh and a joke

Posted similar on the Leeann Dempster thread - the comms coming out of the club just now are excellent.

At the risk of sounding like a total bell-end (and I don't know why I've never qualified that before, given my posting history...) they definitely capture the 'personality' of the club just now.

I think they're doing a great job.

Bangkok Hibby
25-04-2019, 11:49 AM
Totally agree but reverting to old fart mode for a second. Can someone explain what the new strip is all about in the email from HSL?

Not In The Know
25-04-2019, 11:53 AM
Totally agree but reverting to old fart mode for a second. Can someone explain what the new strip is all about in the email from HSL?

Another jumbled message from HSL I'm afraid.

I was wondering the same - i wouldn't mind one TBH.

Have i missed the deadline to sign up donating for one?

Do i already qualify (they stopped my previous debits after a year!)?

Bangkok Hibby
25-04-2019, 11:57 AM

Seems to say you're a founder member if you've paid (i assume) 225 quid before September this year. How many names can you get on a shirt 😂😂😂

The 90+2
25-04-2019, 11:57 AM
Posted similar on the Leeann Dempster thread - the comms coming out of the club just now are excellent.

At the risk of sounding like a total bell-end (and I don't know why I've never qualified that before, given my posting history...) they definitely capture the 'personality' of the club just now.

You just made the list 😁 totally agree though.

matty_f
25-04-2019, 11:58 AM

In what way was it jumbled up?

I'm looking at it just now, and the message is clear IMHO.

First part is about giving notice for the AGM.

Next bit (headed 'Founders Board') details a display board that HSL are planning which include details of all paid up subscribers (paid up by 30th Sept 19).

Next bit (headed 'Official Strip') says that the club have agreed to have the official third strip next season contain the names of the founder members.

Last bit (headed 'Membership Fee') says that they're looking to increase the membership fee after the Founding Membership deadline.

I don't know what's muddled up about that?

(the email's nothing to do with me, by the way, so if it was muddled up I'd have no issue in saying so).

HFCdeb
25-04-2019, 11:58 AM
Only slightly related to the OP but:

Anyone know the best email to contact at Hibs for ticketing issues? Have filled in the e-form on the website but I've never had any joy with those before.
Cheers.

Bangkok Hibby
25-04-2019, 12:06 PM
Thanks, the email was plain enough. I was just wondering about the logistics and number of names on the shirt.

HoboHarry
25-04-2019, 12:10 PM

At the risk of sounding like a total bell-end (and there is lots of evidence to show that I am, just look at my posting history...) they definitely capture the 'personality' of the club just now.

Fixed that for you

:greengrin

DaveF
25-04-2019, 12:16 PM
Seems to say you're a founder member if you've paid (i assume) 225 quid before September this year. How many names can you get on a shirt 😂😂😂

Hearts done it fairly recently and they have lots more contributing to foh so I don't see space being an issue.

IrnBru22
25-04-2019, 12:18 PM
Only slightly related to the OP but:

Anyone know the best email to contact at Hibs for ticketing issues? Have filled in the e-form on the website but I've never had any joy with those before.
Cheers.

tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk

Bangkok Hibby
25-04-2019, 12:19 PM
Hearts done it fairly recently and they have lots more contributing to foh so I don't see space being an issue.

I wasnt aware of that. Thanks, its doable then 👍🏻

matty_f
25-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Fixed that for you

:greengrin

:hilarious

Cheers :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
25-04-2019, 04:33 PM
In what way was it jumbled up?

I'm looking at it just now, and the message is clear IMHO.

First part is about giving notice for the AGM.

Next bit (headed 'Founders Board') details a display board that HSL are planning which include details of all paid up subscribers (paid up by 30th Sept 19).

Next bit (headed 'Official Strip') says that the club have agreed to have the official third strip next season contain the names of the founder members.

Last bit (headed 'Membership Fee') says that they're looking to increase the membership fee after the Founding Membership deadline.

I don't know what's muddled up about that?

(the email's nothing to do with me, by the way, so if it was muddled up I'd have no issue in saying so).

I’ve not seen it but it sounds really confusing. Can you break it down a bit more?

DaveF
25-04-2019, 04:37 PM
I’ve not seen it but it sounds really confusing. Can you break it down a bit more?

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?339224-HSL-Email&p=5772606#post5772606

Eyrie
25-04-2019, 07:18 PM

Agreed.

I loved yesterday's self-mocking "David Gray also took a turn posing with the stylish if unimaginative prop beside a random HTC hedge."

matty_f
25-04-2019, 07:29 PM

:hilarious

Power
25-04-2019, 07:39 PM
It’s been utterly barry. They do work hard.

Alex Trager
25-04-2019, 08:02 PM

Watching the interview with Daz I remembered how much I love Darren McGregor.

The way he talks about the game and handles the press etc is exemplary.
An honest, hardworking professional. That is firmly rooted in the club.

David Gray is a brilliant example of a captain and is exactly what you’re after, but for me Daz is a step above in terms of the way he talks about us.

Credit has to go to LD here as well. Before she came in we spoke of hibs. And we knew what we meant and felt when talking about hibs.
But did hibs understand that? No. To me it was just a club, my club, but just a club. I had many ideas if what it meant to be hibs but hibs did not reciprocate.

She knew the comms needed updating along with many other departments and recognised she wasn’t the one to do so. She hired the appropriate people.

The comms seemed to have dipped but have come back stronger than ever of late.

Now, we finally have established (or reestablished) what hibs is. It’s way more than a football team.
She has connected the club to the community (and obv fans) in a way I have never felt before.

A huge part of that are players like these two.
As I say in terms of his understanding of what hibs means DM is a step beyond. He knows what it’s like to be us (both as fans and as normal guys that work mon-fri) and he represents us so well.

I imagine Fergie was the same at UTD.
I’d be keeping him here for as he will stay. I’m talking until death.

His grasp on language is surprising as well. He is maybe my favourite ever hibs player.
Sometimes I forget that then I hear him speaking and remember.