PDA

View Full Version : No SJM in PFA Championship Team of the Season

Greenbeard
25-04-2019, 10:13 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48039297

Loads of comments saying he should be and has been the top player in the league. Uproar almost........

Since452
25-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Seems odd

The 90+2
25-04-2019, 10:17 AM
They aren’t going to put two villa players in the midfield.

Geo_1875
25-04-2019, 10:18 AM
Should wait until the season is finished before picking this. Still time for dirty Leeds to **** it up.

Gloucester Hibs
25-04-2019, 10:20 AM
They aren’t going to put two villa players in the midfield.

Yep. And Villa's upturn in form has coincided with Grealish's return, therefore Grealish > SJM unfortunately.

JeMeSouviens
25-04-2019, 10:23 AM
The Premier League team of the year has Pogba in it. :confused: I mean, he's a great player as shown at the world cup, but for whatever reason he's been woeful nearly all season.

JimBHibees
25-04-2019, 10:30 AM
The Premier League team of the year has Pogba in it. :confused: I mean, he's a great player as shown at the world cup, but for whatever reason he's been woeful nearly all season.

That is absolutely unbelievable given the quality of midfielders. Who was picking the team, Paul himself? :greengrin

Ozyhibby
25-04-2019, 11:12 AM
Players who wind other players up probably don’t do to well. I think Scott Brown doesn’t get many votes at our PFA awards despite him being consistently one of the best if not the best in the league. McGinn tends to get in other players faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My_Wife_Camille
25-04-2019, 11:18 AM
Prediction for the Scottish awards

TOTY

Alan McGregor

James Tavernier
Kristoffer Ajer
Scott McKenna
Kieran Tierney

James Forrest
Scott Brown
Ryan Christie
Callum McGregor

Alfredo Morelos
Sam Cosgrove

POTY Callum McGregor
YPOTY Kieran Tierney
MOTY Gary Holt
GOTS George Oakley v Aberdeen

Wilson
25-04-2019, 12:05 PM
Yep. And Villa's upturn in form has coincided with Grealish's return, therefore Grealish > SJM unfortunately.

Grealish > SJM would only be true if Villa's form had seen an upturn because Grealish had replaced SJM. A team's form having an upturn because a quality player comes back is not unexpected. If Villa's form noticed no real dip in the extended absence of SJM while Grealish was playing then you may also have a point.

Diclonius
25-04-2019, 12:06 PM

TOTY

Alan McGregor

James Tavernier
Kristoffer Ajer
Scott McKenna
Kieran Tierney

James Forrest
Scott Brown
Ryan Christie
Callum McGregor

Alfredo Morelos
Sam Cosgrove

POTY Callum McGregor
YPOTY Kieran Tierney
MOTY Gary Holt
GOTS Adam Hammill v Hearts

Marciano must be in with a shout.

Gloucester Hibs
25-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Grealish > SJM would only be true if Villa's form had seen an upturn because Grealish had replaced SJM. A team's form having an upturn because a quality player comes back is not unexpected. If Villa's form noticed no real dip in the extended absence of SJM while Grealish was playing then you may also have a point.

Yep fair point. FWIW I think they're both great players. Seen a fair bit of Villa this season as Sky now seem to let you watch pretty much all their games that aren't 3pm Saturday kick-offs.

The 90+2
25-04-2019, 12:08 PM
Marciano must be in with a shout.

Nah. He was out more than half the season. Another who’s confidence went with Lennon.

The 90+2
25-04-2019, 12:08 PM
Yep fair point. FWIW I think they're both great players. Seen a fair bit of Villa this season as Sky now seem to let you watch pretty much all their games that aren't 3pm Saturday kick-offs.

For other games on a sat use ifollow

Cocaine&Caviar
25-04-2019, 12:15 PM

32 games, 13 goals and 9 assists

easty
25-04-2019, 12:19 PM
Players who wind other players up probably don’t do to well. I think Scott Brown doesn’t get many votes at our PFA awards despite him being consistently one of the best if not the best in the league. McGinn tends to get in other players faces.

Scott Browns been in 3 of the last 4 though.

JeMeSouviens
25-04-2019, 12:22 PM
32 games, 13 goals and 9 assists

Hazard, 34 games, 16 goals, 13 assists.

The 90+2
25-04-2019, 12:35 PM
Tell me Hazard wasn’t left out??

Diclonius
25-04-2019, 12:46 PM
Nah. He was out more than half the season. Another who’s confidence went with Lennon.

Danny Wilson got YPOTY after playing about 8 games for Rangers a few years ago.

Gloucester Hibs
25-04-2019, 12:49 PM

TOTY

Alan McGregor

James Tavernier
Kristoffer Ajer
Scott McKenna
Kieran Tierney

James Forrest
Scott Brown
Ryan Christie
Callum McGregor

Alfredo Morelos
Sam Cosgrove

POTY Callum McGregor
YPOTY Kieran Tierney
MOTY Gary Holt

No Stevie Mallan?

My_Wife_Camille
25-04-2019, 01:00 PM
No Stevie Mallan?
Doesn't look like it, does it?

Gloucester Hibs
25-04-2019, 01:22 PM
Doesn't look like it, does it?

Any particular reason why?

easty
25-04-2019, 01:28 PM

He's not been better than Scott Brown or Ryan Christie, probably...

The 90+2
25-04-2019, 01:34 PM
Danny Wilson got YPOTY after playing about 8 games for Rangers a few years ago.

The answer to this is in one of they particular words in your post mate.

Rhymes with Braingers.

Gloucester Hibs
25-04-2019, 01:37 PM
He's not been better than Scott Brown or Ryan Christie, probably...

SM has more goals and assists than Christie but fair enough you could make a case for him. Not sure how Brown even comes into the conversation, albeit he was decent last season.

My_Wife_Camille
25-04-2019, 01:42 PM

SM has more goals and assists than Christie but fair enough you could make a case for him. Not sure how Brown even comes into the conversation, albeit he was decent last season.
Here's an idea, you put down your prediction and we'll see who's closer when it get's announced?

The 90+2
25-04-2019, 01:44 PM

It’s was about Mallan not McGinn - I think?

Gloucester Hibs
25-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Here's an idea, you put down your prediction and we'll see who's closer when it get's announced?

I will if I get some time tomorrow - need to have a think about it! I will stick my neck out and substitute Brown for Mallan at this stage though :aok:

calumhibee1
25-04-2019, 02:27 PM

TOTY

Alan McGregor

James Tavernier
Kristoffer Ajer
Scott McKenna
Kieran Tierney

James Forrest
Scott Brown
Ryan Christie
Callum McGregor

Alfredo Morelos
Sam Cosgrove

POTY Callum McGregor
YPOTY Kieran Tierney
MOTY Gary Holt

Swap Forrest for POTY and Clarke for MOTY and I’d probably not argue much with the rest.

My_Wife_Camille
25-04-2019, 02:57 PM
Swap Forrest for POTY and Clarke for MOTY and I’d probably not argue much with the rest.
Wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Halkett make it into TOTY to be honest but I think I'm sticking with my selection

Actually, forgot about George Oakley against Aberdeen. Think that one has a better chance of winning GOTS than Hammill

ancient hibee
25-04-2019, 05:04 PM
The teams down south are picked by the players votes.Is it the same up here?

Geo_1875
25-04-2019, 06:08 PM
The teams down south are picked by the players votes.Is it the same up here?

There's about half a dozen different awards from players, writers, supporters, etc. The English ones announced yesterday was the player's awards.

OxoHibby
25-04-2019, 09:11 PM

Sums it up. But he sells Adidas strips

Shrekko
25-04-2019, 09:54 PM
Think SJM would have been in the team if the voting had been today. Guessing it would have been some weeks ago before him and Villa really caught fire.

He will however be Villa’s POTY.

Gloucester Hibs
26-04-2019, 06:41 AM

TOTY

Alan McGregor

James Tavernier
Kristoffer Ajer
Scott McKenna
Kieran Tierney

James Forrest
Scott Brown
Ryan Christie
Callum McGregor

Alfredo Morelos
Sam Cosgrove

POTY Callum McGregor
YPOTY Kieran Tierney
MOTY Gary Holt

OK here goes:

TOTY

Alan McGregor

Stephen O'Donnell
Kristoffer Ajer
Scott McKenna
Kieran Tierney

James Forrest
Stevie Mallan
Ryan Christie
Scott Arfield

Alfredo Morelos
Sam Cosgrove

POTY James Forrest
YPOTY David Turnbull
MOTY Steve Clarke

WeeRussell
26-04-2019, 11:41 AM

I don't think many would describe him as a nasty 'in your face' type like Brown though. He likes to get stuck in.

On the topic of Villa and Championship teams... FWIW I think Grealish is the better player but either one of them could win Villa's POTY and both could easily be in this year's team of the championship.

WeeRussell
26-04-2019, 11:45 AM

Half of this forum either didn't think Mallan was good enough for Hibs or only wanted to bring him on to take free-kicks, a few months ago.

Good player but I can't see him being named in this.