PDA

View Full Version : Formation for Sunday

basehibby
25-04-2019, 12:55 AM
For my money the line up picks itself on the way to 10 games unbeaten - I would expect no changes to the starting line up.

BUT - will we/should we start as a 4-4-2 or as a 4-5-1 as we did against Celtic - and against Hearts at Tynie IIRC.

And would you make any changes to formation or starting line up if you were in the hotseat - Discuss ....

Hibeesmad
25-04-2019, 01:04 AM
Same team that played Celtic, keep the ball on the deck and overpower them in midfield we will win the game

BoomtownHibees
25-04-2019, 06:41 AM
No need to change anything for me

Allant1981
25-04-2019, 06:43 AM
No need to change anything, good to have a few options on the bench now to change things about if required

smithy_hibees
25-04-2019, 07:35 AM
Id play Gauld/Marv instead of Mallan but in Heck we trust..

Stuart93
25-04-2019, 07:46 AM
No point changing a winning/non-losing formula

Since452
25-04-2019, 07:48 AM
Same team

Brightside
25-04-2019, 07:49 AM
451...and just be more up for it in the first 20 mins. Batter them.

Hibernian Verse
25-04-2019, 07:55 AM

Why would you drop Mallan who was integral to the team that beat them at Tynecastle?

JXM73
25-04-2019, 07:57 AM

So drop poty for a player that's done nothing or a has been, neil is that you?

500miles
25-04-2019, 08:03 AM
Keep the same team. The only change I'd consider would be Slivka for Milligan if we're looking to be a bit more creative.

JimBHibees
25-04-2019, 08:04 AM
451...and just be more up for it in the first 20 mins. Batter them.

Agree no real decision to be made get at them and goals will come.

B.H.F.C
25-04-2019, 08:06 AM
No change. Start the way we did against Celtic on Sunday. If we can get an early goal, get the crowd up I think it could be a good day for us.

Besties Debut
25-04-2019, 08:07 AM
Id play Gauld/Marv instead of Mallan but in Heck we trust.. Whats Gauld done to merit a starting place?

BILLYHIBS
25-04-2019, 08:08 AM
I was thinking drop Flo for Shaw to give Flo a boot up the arse but on reflection even although he looked out of touch he did work his socks off in his defensive duties and was more a pest to the Celtic forwards than anything I do not think Olly would be as effective in the defensive role and might be better employed as an impact player but hopefully with more luck this time

Same team!

smithy_hibees
25-04-2019, 08:08 AM
Why would you drop Mallan who was integral to the team that beat them at Tynecastle?

Just my thoughts, sure like most I'd be happy heck sticks with the same 11 but we changes here and there can also help win game's

smithy_hibees
25-04-2019, 08:11 AM

Mallan got POTY ?? When was this announcement?? Or this like me only your opinion?

Hibernian Verse
25-04-2019, 08:13 AM
Just my thoughts, sure like most I'd be happy heck sticks with the same 11 but we changes here and there can also help win game's

Which begs the question, what are your thoughts? You must have a reason or are you just trolling?

smithy_hibees
25-04-2019, 08:17 AM
Whats Gauld done to merit a starting place?

Guessing due his injuries he's never ready been up for a starting place.. but like 99% hibs fans know he was bought in to add extra creativity to us which against hearts who like to punt and kick, maybe that extra bit of creativity could help? Of course am not demanding this just giving my opinion

smithy_hibees
25-04-2019, 08:20 AM
Which begs the question, what are your thoughts? You must have a reason or are you just trolling?

Trolling as think maybe he'd maybe play Gauld or Marv over Mallan for this game?? If football management was as easy as picking same 11 week in week out with same tactics surely we'd all be having a go..

BoomtownHibees
25-04-2019, 08:36 AM
Trolling as think maybe he'd maybe play Gauld or Marv over Mallan for this game?? If football management was as easy as picking same 11 week in week out with same tactics surely we'd all be having a go..

Marv or Gauld is quite a contrast in playing types. What’s your thoughts for bringing either of them in for someone who has been in a decent bit of form?

Allant1981
25-04-2019, 08:48 AM

Hardly a has been

Brightside
25-04-2019, 08:53 AM

Coz he's lazy, cannae tackle and has a shocking hcut....i suspect. :greengrin

smithy_hibees
25-04-2019, 08:58 AM
Depends on type game Heck looking play hence in first post put in heck we trust.. if looking dom midfield early on big marv in but if like tynie we road our luck first 10/15 Gauld maybe in.. Mallan been decent stats don't lie just feel sometimes wee changes help win game's.. Flo out left wasn't something most hibees saw coming but works and helps win game's not say Mallan should be dropped due form etc
Just a thought

Jones28
25-04-2019, 09:15 AM
Keep the same team. The only change I'd consider would be Slivka for Milligan if we're looking to be a bit more creative.

It would be madness to drop Milligan!

Lester B
25-04-2019, 10:00 AM

Marvin Bartley? A has been? Seriously? Bit early to be drinking heavily isn't it?

OstKurve Hibs
25-04-2019, 10:12 AM
Marvin Bartley? A has been? Seriously? Bit early to be drinking heavily isn't it?

my thoughts exactly, think hes been hittin the crack pipe ffs ! Big Marv not gettin the game time he wants but still a very important part of the squad !

Lester B
25-04-2019, 10:34 AM
my thoughts exactly, think hes been hittin the crack pipe ffs ! Big Marv not gettin the game time he wants but still a very important part of the squad !

Yeah, he's unlikely to play but he loves a Derby

Springbank
25-04-2019, 10:36 AM
Think Agyepong will come on second half and cause them plenty of problems

Full back is a real problem area for Hearts and I expect us to be singing "I said hey hey hey heyyyyyy, hey hey heyyyy, I said HEY, Thomas Agyepong" :rockin:

Since452
25-04-2019, 10:53 AM
If we match them for effort we'll beat them. We're better all over the park. I just hope the Hearts players adopt the same attitude as their fans. Beaten before a ball is kicked.

Franck Stanton
25-04-2019, 10:57 AM
Of it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Borderhibbie76
26-04-2019, 09:03 PM
Id play Gauld/Marv instead of Mallan but in Heck we trust..Why?? Mallan has been excellent under Hecky and Gauld has done nothing of note prior to his injury...and I dont get why u would drop a goal threat of a midfielder for Marv neither mate?? Bizarre

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hfc rd
26-04-2019, 11:44 PM
Same team and formation. It worked the last time we played them.

basehibby
27-04-2019, 12:50 AM
Think Agyepong will come on second half and cause them plenty of problems

Full back is a real problem area for Hearts and I expect us to be singing "I said hey hey hey heyyyyyy, hey hey heyyyy, I said HEY, Thomas Agyepong" :rockin:

What tune is that meant to be? - it doesn't even scan :bitchy:

Wait a mo tho - is it the Ian Gillan classic - Down Mississipi Down in New Orleans?

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2019, 01:47 AM

That my friend is an un called for derogatory term to use for a guy who has given a lot to this club in the years he has been here. Nobody would deny that big Marv is out of the picture and unlikely to be at Hibs too much longer … but his contribution and commitment to the club over his time here deserves better, a lot better.

Oh and same team as the Celtic game for me, with the added bonus that we have a wee bit more strength in depth on the bench than we have had for some time.

SChibs
27-04-2019, 03:53 AM
What tune is that meant to be? - it doesn't even scan :bitchy:

Wait a mo tho - is it the Ian Gillan classic - Down Mississipi Down in New Orleans?

What's up by 4 Non Blondes

cocteautwin
27-04-2019, 05:09 AM
Why?? Mallan has been excellent under Hecky and Gauld has done nothing of note prior to his injury...and I dont get why u would drop a goal threat of a midfielder for Marv neither mate?? Bizarre

Bizarre indeed. I don't think Gauld has done anything of note in the 5 years prior to his injury at Hibs. It's like that time I did a good spreadsheet at work once and managed to live off the glory for 3 years after.

Sir David Gray
27-04-2019, 05:57 AM
Same team as last week please, there is no reason to make any unenforced changes to the line up when we are undefeated in 9 league games.

We also should have the same tactics and formation that we had at Tynecastle from when we equalised onwards. We just need to avoid starting the game in a similar way tomorrow as we were fortunate not to be 3 or 4 down after 25 minutes that day.

smithy_hibees
27-04-2019, 07:12 AM
Why?? Mallan has been excellent under Hecky and Gauld has done nothing of note prior to his injury...and I dont get why u would drop a goal threat of a midfielder for Marv neither mate?? Bizarre

Feel free read my other posts in this thread might give you an idea

smithy_hibees
27-04-2019, 07:15 AM
Bizarre indeed. I don't think Gauld has done anything of note in the 5 years prior to his injury at Hibs. It's like that time I did a good spreadsheet at work once and managed to live off the glory for 3 years after.

Bizarre regarding Gauld who am guessing you've watched alot over his last 3 years?

CorrieHibs
27-04-2019, 07:24 AM
If we match them for effort we'll beat them. We're better all over the park. I just hope the Hearts players adopt the same attitude as their fans. Beaten before a ball is kicked.

I very much doubt it. Like last season in the top 6. This will be the only match they actually turn up for. They won’t go into a derby with that attitude. Levein and Locke will have them fired up for it.

we are hibs
27-04-2019, 07:28 AM

This would be the change I would make. Milligan was awful against Celtic. And he is awful at defending set pieces and that's where hearts will try and exploit us.

Besties Debut
27-04-2019, 07:30 AM
The team picks itself and we all know what the formation is going to be. If it was up to me i would play Kamberi through the middle alongside Mcnulty instead of the 1 up front that Hecky seems to favour. I would also play Marv in the enforcer role instead of Milligan. Bartley excels in derbies and although Milligan is a better player Marvin is better at the blood and thunder stuff

Since452
27-04-2019, 07:33 AM
I very much doubt it. Like last season in the top 6. This will be the only match they actually turn up for. They won’t go into a derby with that attitude. Levein and Locke will have them fired up for it.

The difference is last season their cup final was to stop us getting 2nd. It was all built up for that.

JimBHibees
27-04-2019, 07:34 AM
Start the game like we did the Celtic one and they will struggle to stay with us. They will play their usual anti football and try and nick a goal. We get ahead we win as will force them to come out a bit.

cocteautwin
27-04-2019, 08:13 AM
Bizarre regarding Gauld who am guessing you've watched alot over his last 3 years?

I'll leave you to fill us all in on Portuguese second tier reserve team football mate.

Let's get our 13 goal and serial assist midfield contender for player of the year in there.

jeffers
27-04-2019, 08:14 AM
This would be the change I would make. Milligan was awful against Celtic. And he is awful at defending set pieces and that's where hearts will try and exploit us.

I'd drop Milligan too. I don't think he's terrible, but I don't get the rave reviews he's been receiving either He's decent enough with the ball in front of him, but struggles badly to get back in position when it isn't. He wasn't great against Celtic, but I thought he was even worse against Hearts in the last game at Tiny.

I totally agree with PH having consistency in selection, it's a refreshing change after NL and undoubtedly has contributed to our great run. However if playing well retains a player his place, surely a drop in those levels should result in them being replaced.

I also feel better in a derby when big Marv is playing, I'd bring him in for Milligan on Sunday.

smithy_hibees
27-04-2019, 09:50 AM
I'll leave you to fill us all in on Portuguese second tier reserve team football mate.

Let's get our 13 goal and serial assist midfield contender for player of the year in there.

Seems you know more about his time there than i do.. going by your original reply,

Mallans stats don't lie hence i said I'd be happy if he didn't make any changes nor say anything bad regarding mallan just offered an opinion about a wee change he could make, but feel free slate Gauld for trying something new and moving aboard sure you feel hard..

Aldo
27-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Same team for me.

Get it on the deck and play football.

I really do think Horgan is key again and need to get him on the ball as often as possible.

I hope He k has told Mallan to shoot on sight! Pepper the goals.

Let’s do this and as a belated 75th to my Dad who will be there with me tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
27-04-2019, 10:23 AM
I'd drop Milligan too. I don't think he's terrible, but I don't get the rave reviews he's been receiving either He's decent enough with the ball in front of him, but struggles badly to get back in position when it isn't. He wasn't great against Celtic, but I thought he was even worse against Hearts in the last game at Tiny.

I totally agree with PH having consistency in selection, it's a refreshing change after NL and undoubtedly has contributed to our great run. However if playing well retains a player his place, surely a drop in those levels should result in them being replaced.

I also feel better in a derby when big Marv is playing, I'd bring him in for Milligan on Sunday.

It wasn’t just Milligan in the derby at Tiny Park. Quite a few struggled in the first 20 minutes.

I see no reason to drop Milligan and at this time the team picks itself. Marv is very good at what he does and I expect to see him on at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk