PDA

View Full Version : Taking Back The Wee Teams Tickets

Besties Debut
23-04-2019, 06:52 AM
By all accounts "the famous" are struggling to sell their tickets for the last derby of the season on Sunday. With our 3 stands sold out surely it's only fare that for this one game we rip up the agreement where we give each other the full away ends and keep a section of the South Stand for Hibs fans who couldn't get tickets

Diclonius
23-04-2019, 06:53 AM
They'll sell out, and even if they don't it'll only be a few rows at the bottom.

Pretty Boy
23-04-2019, 06:56 AM
They are due a 'boycott'.

It's funny how the 'boycotts' always seem to happen at times when we are expecting to win derbies.

Diclonius
23-04-2019, 06:57 AM

It's funny how the 'boycotts' always seem to happen at times when we are expecting to win derbies.

Aye, and when they "boycott" they seem to end up winning. :paranoid:

green day
23-04-2019, 06:59 AM
It would be amusing, but sadly the only reason sales are low is they haven't altered the "loyalty tier" yet due to Easter break.

I expect that to happen today and for sales to pick up.
All this from my jambo st holding neighbor who says he doesn't expect a win for the rest of the season, including the final.

Says they all think levein tactics are pathetic.

😂😂😂

MWHIBBIES
No, that isn't fair and we would suffer for it next season. Tickets have been on sale to Hibs fans for a year, anyone who wants one has one. They will also sell out, they always do.

Besties Debut

It's funny how the 'boycotts' always seem to happen at times when we are expecting to win derbies. They are very choosy with their boycotts. Tickets prices, Potter, Budge, cup final? ..."nah we just think were going to get humped"

Ringothedog
23-04-2019, 07:11 AM
No, that isn't fair and we would suffer for it next season. Tickets have been on sale to Hibs fans for a year, anyone who wants one has one. They will also sell out, they always do.

Tickets have not been “on sale for a year”, 2 weeks at the most

LaMotta
23-04-2019, 07:22 AM

They dont always do though. Plenty of evidence of empty seats in the away end over the years, albeit not for a while.

sauzee=legend
23-04-2019, 07:26 AM
How many have they sold roughly?

Barney McGrew
23-04-2019, 07:35 AM
How many have they sold roughly?

One poster on Kickback reckons he was told around half by someone in their ticket office

I did also chuckle that someone was moaning because Hibs are ripping off under 18s by charging £14. Hearts charged us £18.

The Harp
23-04-2019, 07:36 AM
They dont always do though. Plenty of evidence of empty seats in the away end over the years, albeit not for a while.

The legendary 6-2 game springs to mind. So many empty seats in their end that night.

Pretty Boy
23-04-2019, 07:42 AM
The legendary 6-2 game springs to mind. So many empty seats in their end that night.

The game when De La Cruz scored early as well. The bottom tier was almost empty.

MWHIBBIES
23-04-2019, 07:49 AM
Tickets have not been “on sale for a year”, 2 weeks at the most

I got mine a year ago. Gets me into every home game :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
23-04-2019, 07:50 AM

At least 15 years since they didn't sell out easily.

greenlex
23-04-2019, 08:24 AM
The game when De La Cruz scored early as well. The bottom tier was almost empty.
Not that I want to defend them in any way but was that not before the pitch was levelled and you couldn’t see the pitch from the first two rows?

Pretty Boy
23-04-2019, 08:26 AM
Not that I want to defend them in any way but was that not before the pitch was levelled and you couldn’t see the pitch from the first two rows?

I think it was but there were a lot of empty seats beyond the rows not in use.

Peevemor
23-04-2019, 08:27 AM

It wasn't just 2 rows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAasinIGxHI

greenlex
23-04-2019, 08:27 AM
I think it was but there were a lot of empty seats beyond the rows not in use.
Losers:greengrin

Hermit Crab
23-04-2019, 08:31 AM
Ridiculous thread, they will sell out when the points tier is lowered. All this talk of taking back tickets is nonsense imo.

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Ridiculous thread, they will sell out when the points tier is lowered. All this talk of taking back tickets is nonsense imo.

Why do you get so riled at the mention of them all the time?

Hermit Crab
23-04-2019, 08:44 AM
Why do you get so riled at the mention of them all the time?

I'm not riled, I posted my opinion.

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 08:48 AM
I'm not riled, I posted my opinion.

You’ve mentioned about 4 or 5 times in different threads etc that it’s ridiculous and they will sell out, it definitely comes across as riled.

Apologies of course if not.

hibee
23-04-2019, 08:54 AM
I did also chuckle that someone was moaning because Hibs are ripping off under 18s by charging £14. Hearts charged us £18.

I paid £13 for my 15 year old at Tynecastle.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2019, 09:01 AM
You’ve mentioned about 4 or 5 times in different threads etc that it’s ridiculous and they will sell out, it definitely comes across as riled.

We shouldn't start buggering about with ticket allocations for derbies, we'd soon see ours cut back to 1100 and I wouldn't want that.

Ronniekirk
23-04-2019, 09:02 AM
By all accounts "the famous" are struggling to sell their tickets for the last derby of the season on Sunday. With our 3 stands sold out surely it's only fare that for this one game we rip up the agreement where we give each other the full away ends and keep a section of the South Stand for Hibs fans who couldn't get tickets

This is their real Cup Final so would expect they will sell their Allocation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 09:08 AM
We shouldn't start buggering about with ticket allocations for derbies, we'd soon see ours cut back to 1100 and I wouldn't want that.

I agree. What I do think we should do (just to be wide) is to ask for returning blocks of empty seats if they continue to not sell out if they don’t on Sunday.

One Day Soon
23-04-2019, 09:08 AM
This laughable surely? There are certain things that the YamFuds can always be relied upon for:

1. Being deluded.
2. Playing hoofball.
3. Making their sisters nervous.
4. Selling out their allocation for derbies.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2019, 09:14 AM
I agree. What I do think we should do (just to be wide) is to ask for returning blocks of empty seats if they continue to not sell out if they don’t on Sunday.

Any unsold tickets will have to be paid for by Hearts so I would expect it to go to a general sale in an attempt to get it sold out assuming loyalty point holders don't buy them all first that is.

A general sale means more erseholes get tickets though, every club is the same.

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 09:17 AM
Any unsold tickets will have to be paid for by Hearts so I would expect it to go to a general sale in an attempt to get it sold out assuming loyalty point holders don't buy them all first that is.

A general sale means more erseholes get tickets though, every club is the same.

When are they likely to go on general sale with the cut off date three days away?

Hermit Crab
23-04-2019, 09:19 AM
When are they likely to go on general sale with the cut off date three days away?

I have no idea, it still says 74+ loyalty points on their website, in theory they could do buy online to collect and in person sales only later in the week at their ticket office as it would be too late to post tickets out.

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 09:22 AM
There would surely be a general sale announcement today if so? Perhaps budge doesn’t want to sell to the bams and leave it to her royal subjects on the loyalty points? It will be a good excuse for them if they don’t sell out also, win win for them.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2019, 09:27 AM
There would surely be a general sale announcement today if so? Perhaps budge doesn’t want to sell to the bams and leave it to her royal subjects on the loyalty points? It will be a good excuse for them if they don’t sell out also, win win for them.

By the way, that wouldn't surprise in the slightest. The way she carries on she's going to turn that ground into a stadium where standing up, singing, shouting and swearing is banned!

Aim Here
23-04-2019, 09:45 AM
I have no idea, it still says 74+ loyalty points on their website, in theory they could do buy online to collect and in person sales only later in the week at their ticket office as it would be too late to post tickets out.

Maybe some of the Jambo ticket office guys take Easter Monday off and there was nobody around to lower the loyalty point threshold to increase demand these last few days.

Jones28
23-04-2019, 09:48 AM

Totally agree HC, leave that nonsense to the weegie mutants.

mutley
23-04-2019, 09:53 AM
IMHO they will sell out no problems at all, as they always do.

If for any reason there are massive gaps in the away stand, that just gives us something else to laugh at them about, but I am still pretty sure it will sell out.

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 09:54 AM
By the way, that wouldn't surprise in the slightest. The way she carries on she's going to turn that ground into a stadium where standing up, singing, shouting and swearing is banned!

That would cause massive rage from them. Make it happen.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Maybe some of the Jambo ticket office guys take Easter Monday off and there was nobody around to lower the loyalty point threshold to increase demand these last few days.

Thats a fair point actually, I forgot about the holiday yesterday. Hibs ticket office staff were in though as I received an email response from a staff member yesterday.

JXM73
23-04-2019, 10:10 AM
Maybe with lack of injured players it is the fans that are a major doubt?

greenlex
23-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Thats a fair point actually, I forgot about the holiday yesterday. Hibs ticket office staff were in though as I received an email response from a staff member yesterday.

Were you asking about tickets in the hearts end?😬

Besties Debut
23-04-2019, 10:32 AM
A lot of Hibs fans on this thread seem much more confident of Hearts selling all their tickets than they do on Kickback. They are now hoping for a drop in loyalty points and a general sale just to try and shift them

Kato
23-04-2019, 10:36 AM

He's not riled, he's fired up.

Tynie01011973
23-04-2019, 10:44 AM
A lot of Hibs fans on this thread seem much more confident of Hearts selling all their tickets than they do on Kickback. They are now hoping for a drop in loyalty points and a general sale just to try and shift them

Some over the road moaning about the price £30+ for a run of the mill League game 😂

Deary me really!! Just say you're ****tin it and can't face getting beat

Besties Debut
23-04-2019, 10:47 AM
Some over the road moaning about the price £30+ for a run of the mill League game 😂

Deary me really!! Just say you're ****tin it and can't face getting beat Excuse after excuse. The reality is that they only turn up when they think they are going to win.... Absolute *****bags

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Anyone got a link to the thread?

Hermit Crab
23-04-2019, 10:57 AM
Were you asking about tickets in the hearts end?😬

Aye, how many was it you wanted again?

Hermit Crab
23-04-2019, 10:58 AM

Top priced ticket is £30, nothing higher than that.

I think they should look at their own pricing, we were charged £32.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2019, 11:01 AM
Anyone got a link to the thread?

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/182625-hibs-tickets/&

Viva_Palmeiras
23-04-2019, 11:05 AM
Can’t be doing with this “how long is your schlong” type point scoring.
When it comes to inadequacies and insecurities around size best leaving it to the Jambos imo...

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 11:05 AM
Thanks mate 👍

Sammy7nil
23-04-2019, 11:54 AM
Spoke to a few Hearts fans who are describing the game as a dead rubber :greengrin
I said I would not expect any crowing if they win this "dead rubber" :wink:

Hermit Crab
23-04-2019, 01:19 PM
40 points or more now.

FilipinoHibs
23-04-2019, 01:21 PM

Like the 6-2 game!

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 01:21 PM
40 points or more now.

They won’t sell out. Looks like Budge isn’t selling to riff raff after all.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2019, 01:24 PM

There must be loads of them on 40 points or more, they'll sell out imo.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2019, 01:25 PM
Spoke to a few Hearts fans who are describing the game as a dead rubber :greengrin
I said I would not expect any crowing if they win this "dead rubber" :wink:

Some on here described the last one as meaningless. No derby is ever meaningless imo.

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 01:26 PM
Some on here described the last one as meaningless. No derby is ever meaningless imo.

It’s a comfort blanket when expecting to lose. It’s happened a few times before finals.

iwasthere1972
23-04-2019, 01:28 PM
Some over the road moaning about the price £30+ for a run of the mill League game ��

From a club that charged us £34 back in 2007. Dump as well.

Keith_M
23-04-2019, 01:31 PM
Meaningless?

This is a 'must win' game!

dchibs
23-04-2019, 01:36 PM

I'm sure all the wee diet huns will have plenty loyalist points.

Hibernian Verse
23-04-2019, 01:48 PM
This is a cracker...

" they can’t moan as they very rarely sell out anyway. "

When was the last time we failed to sell out within a couple of hours for Tynecastle?

Besties Debut
23-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Can’t be doing with this “how long is your schlong” type point scoring.
When it comes to inadequacies and insecurities around size best leaving it to the Jambos imo... Fancy ripping the pish out of Hearts on a Hibs forum

Steven79
23-04-2019, 03:30 PM
I really can see them struggling to sell out their allocation and as funny as it is that's going to cost us cash because their so ***** that their fans don't want to watch them.

We have a great chance to seriously destroy them on Sunday!

Hibernian Verse
23-04-2019, 03:40 PM
I really can see them struggling to sell out their allocation and as funny as it is that's going to cost us cash because their so ***** that their fans don't want to watch them.

We have a great chance to seriously destroy them on Sunday!

Hearts have paid up front for the tickets apparently.

Besties Debut
23-04-2019, 03:42 PM
This is a cracker...

" they can’t moan as they very rarely sell out anyway. "

When was the last time we failed to sell out within a couple of hours for Tynecastle? Apparently we only sold out the last derby at the bus shelter because all our tickets went straight to a general sale...... Bollocks to the 14000 season ticket holders they can scramble with every Tom Dick and Harry

Steven79
23-04-2019, 03:45 PM

They would be making more of an effort to sell them surely if they had?

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 03:54 PM

Why would they do that?

Carheenlea
23-04-2019, 05:23 PM
Why would they do that?

Probably a reciprocal arrangement. Probably the case with Old Firm as well.

LaMotta
23-04-2019, 05:32 PM
At least 15 years since they didn't sell out easily.

Yes but that means they dont always sell out doesn't it :greengrin

Also I think there have been times when they have not easily sold out.

Easily selling out is what weve done everytime there for years, with a mad scramble for tickets.

HibeeHibernian4
23-04-2019, 05:38 PM
Yes but that means they dont always sell out doesn't it :greengrin

Also I think there have been times when they have not easily sold out.

Easily selling out is what weve done everytime there for years, with a mad scramble for tickets.

We've done that every time for three years, since 2016. In fact, really, it was the first game there after winning the Cup (and the scrapping of Loyalty Points) that the mad scramble happened.

Before then, many viewed going to Tynecastle as a chore.

LaMotta
23-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Even before the cup win tickets were hard to come by for tynie derbies. Every game since the Caldwell winner has sold out easily.

But yeah the Hanlon cup game intensifed things!

Brooster
23-04-2019, 07:29 PM

I would be very surprised if that was true.

givescotlandfreedom
24-04-2019, 02:25 PM
Looks like there is truth in it. On general sale now. Can't imagine why

Besties Debut
24-04-2019, 02:43 PM
Imagine having to put your allocation of 3800 on general sale. I would expect that of Motherwell or Kilmarnock not our derby rivals.

Hermit Crab
24-04-2019, 02:45 PM
Imagine having to put your allocation of 3800 on general sale. I would expect that of Motherwell or Kilmarnock not our derby rivals.

Prior to the cup win we regularly had a general sale for Hearts away...

Besties Debut
24-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Prior to the cup win we regularly had a general sale for Hearts away... The last time i remember a general sale for the roseburn end was the night casper the ghost ran on the pitch and attacked Deeks. That must have been about 8 years ago at least

Since452
24-04-2019, 03:26 PM
Their whole end will be empty around 70 mins anyway.

Kato
24-04-2019, 03:28 PM
The last time i remember a general sale for the roseburn end was the night casper the ghost ran on the pitch and attacked Deeks. That must have been about 8 years ago at least

Steady, you'll get him riled.

Hermit Crab
24-04-2019, 03:30 PM
The last time i remember a general sale for the roseburn end was the night casper the ghost ran on the pitch and attacked Deeks. That must have been about 8 years ago at least

2013, Caldwell game, a full section left unsold after we couldn't sell them.

HibeeHibernian4
24-04-2019, 03:31 PM

We literally sold half a stand in the Paolo Sergio days. I don't know if everyone's managed to blank it out of their minds or something.

Caldwell's winner, a whole block was unsold and cordoned off. Plenty of other examples.

Hermit Crab
24-04-2019, 03:38 PM
Banderson doing his best to shift tickets for Sunday...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-tickets-for-edinburgh-derby-against-hibs-go-on-general-sale-1-4914389

HibeeHibernian4
24-04-2019, 03:57 PM
Nevertheless, I think this slow uptake of tickets is a fascinating insight into the Hearts mentality.

They reached a Scottish Cup Final a week and a half ago, but they lost to Hibs a week before that.

If it had been the other way round (beating Hibs but losing against Caley), I think they would've still sold this one out.

They are defined as a club by how they are doing against us. Their mythical derby dominance is the only thing that stops them being just another average Scottish side who, like everybody else outwith the Old Firm, win a trophy roughly once every 20/30 years.

The 90+2
24-04-2019, 04:07 PM
I would be very surprised if that was true.

Me too, the fact they have bothered going to general sale and getting Anderson to highlight it in the news perhaps says otherwise though.

HFC93
24-04-2019, 04:19 PM
One poster on Kickback saying the game is a dead rubber. A real insight of where they are at as a support if some of them think a derby game is meaningless.

Keith_M
24-04-2019, 04:49 PM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-tickets-for-edinburgh-derby-against-hibs-go-on-general-sale-1-4914389

Pretty desperate stuff from the Hearts Mouthpiece.

The 90+2
24-04-2019, 05:19 PM
Pretty desperate stuff from the Hearts Mouthpiece.

Mental how they get away with that when they could clearly pay using the Craig Levein *****ing on Ryan Edwards or Wigton funds on a wee advert in the news surely? Free advertising for the desperate big team.

Pete
24-04-2019, 05:35 PM

Couldn’t get one for our end but luckily enough I managed to get one for theirs. Pretty easy.

Ridiculous situation but I’ll just have to sit on my hands.

HibeeHibernian4
24-04-2019, 05:40 PM
Couldn’t get one for our end but luckily enough I managed to get one for theirs. Pretty easy.

Ridiculous situation but I’ll just have to sit on my hands.

You being serious? :greengrin

Diclonius
24-04-2019, 05:43 PM
We literally sold half a stand in the Paolo Sergio days. I don't know if everyone's managed to blank it out of their minds or something.

It's because no-one was there. :wink:

Besties Debut
24-04-2019, 05:45 PM

Caldwell's winner, a whole block was unsold and cordoned off. Plenty of other examples.

21940Considering Sergio was only there for 1 season you must have some memory to remember the size of the Hibs crowd on the couple of occasions we played them. As for the Caldwell game that section was left unsold for safety reasons if i recall. It was all cordoned off.

Onion
24-04-2019, 06:06 PM
Nevertheless, I think this slow uptake of tickets is a fascinating insight into the Hearts mentality.

They reached a Scottish Cup Final a week and a half ago, but they lost to Hibs a week before that.

If it had been the other way round (beating Hibs but losing against Caley), I think they would've still sold this one out.

They are defined as a club by how they are doing against us. Their mythical derby dominance is the only thing that stops them being just another average Scottish side who, like everybody else outwith the Old Firm, win a trophy roughly once every 20/30 years.

100% correct. Not ever reaching a CUP FINAL with realistic chance of winning silverware can cheer these grunts up enough to watch their team play Hibs on a level playing field. Sad !

LancashireHibby
24-04-2019, 08:43 PM
Tickets went on general sale for most of the derbies up to and including playing them in the Championship. I know this quite simply because I got a ticket each time through Hibs and have never held a season ticket.

SON OF PADDY
24-04-2019, 08:52 PM

The Hearts support was that bad, us hibbys had to cheer when they scored their 2nd goal 😉😆😆

hibbyfraelibby
24-04-2019, 09:50 PM

It wasn't unsold it was kept as a segregation section and back then they did it for us and the uglies.

Itsnoteasy
24-04-2019, 09:52 PM

6-2

HibeeHibernian4
24-04-2019, 10:08 PM
It wasn't unsold it was kept as a segregation section and back then they did it for us and the uglies.

It was absolutely, 110% unsold. We used to not sell out derbies at Tynecastle. I don't know why it's being kept as some sort of ashamed secret by some on here. It's allocations in a football stand, it doesn't matter. Just embrace it and move on.

bigwheel
24-04-2019, 10:18 PM
It was absolutely, 110% unsold. We used to not sell out derbies at Tynecastle. I don't know why it's being kept as some sort of ashamed secret by some on here. It's allocations in a football stand, it doesn't matter. Just embrace it and move on.

Yep. There were a few years were we struggled to sell out and often didn’t ...

BoomtownHibees
25-04-2019, 06:49 AM
Reverse whataboutery prevalant on here again. Can we no just rip in to our rivals without our own ‘supporters’ giving it “aye but we have done that in the past as well”

Gloucester Hibs
25-04-2019, 06:56 AM
Reverse whataboutery prevalant on here again. Can we no just rip in to our rivals without our own ‘supporters’ giving it “aye but we have done that in the past as well”

Spot on. It's all about the here and now and we are beating them based on just about every metric you can come up with (though I dare say a few will try).

superfurryhibby
25-04-2019, 07:01 AM

Correct. Some people too desperate to prove a point, despite evidence to the contrary ( ie; the area was clearly segregated).

Struggling to sell their tickets for the derby, most pleasing.

PatHead
25-04-2019, 07:03 AM
From the Mercer days through to them going into administration a lot of Hibs supporters boycotted Tynecastle not giving them a penny. It certainly would account for demand being lower.

Since452
25-04-2019, 07:11 AM
The difference is Hibs fans haven't continuously shouted from the rooftops about being the big team.

1902 has gone.

Big cup wee cup has gone.

Bigger stadium has gone.

Most season tickets has gone.

Higher average attendance has gone.

They've won 2 out of last 15 derbys.

They're going to finish behind Hibs for 3rd straight Premiership season after being 11 points ahead in February.

Now they can't sell 3800 tickets for a derby.

Be careful what you boast about because sometimes you end up looking very stupid and people will take the piss.

Hibbyradge
25-04-2019, 07:17 AM

Maybe folk don't want to be seen as hypocritical. :dunno:

Besties Debut
25-04-2019, 07:20 AM
Correct. Some people too desperate to prove a point, despite evidence to the contrary ( ie; the area was clearly segregated).

Struggling to sell their tickets for the derby, most pleasing. In the short time ive been on here i cant believe how defensive some posters are of Hearts. Either that or some folk will just say black if you say white....the cyber world is a strange one

BoomtownHibees
25-04-2019, 07:21 AM
Maybe folk don't want to be seen as hypocritical. :dunno:

Maybe but it’s a strange way to act imo. Rivalry in my eyes is looking for anything and everything to rip in to them about. Do I care if we have been like that in the past? Naw, it’s all about what’s happening now. Why would a thread slagging them for no selling under 4000 tickets for a derby turn in to our own support saying “aye but what about us”. Strange behaviour imo.

Can you imagine if roles were reversed and someone on KB putting a photo of their crowd from the 6-2 game saying “aye but look what we were like in the past”?? Cos I don’t see that happening at all but folk on here are quick to jump in and say exactly that

Besties Debut
25-04-2019, 07:23 AM
Maybe folk don't want to be seen as hypocritical. :dunno: Bollocks to that...This is a Hibs forum and we should be ripping into Hearts at every opportunity. Worrying whether we are being hypocritical shouldnt even come into it. We are talking about fitba here not science and the arts. Who cares how we come across.

wearethehibs
25-04-2019, 07:24 AM
In the short time ive been on here i cant believe how defensive some posters are of Hearts. Either that or some folk will just say black if you say white....the cyber world is a strange one

Or folk are just pointing out that we have failed to sell out our end at Tynie (it was not kept empty due to segregation) on quite a few occasions, because folk thought we were going to get beat. So it's a bit hypocritical ripping them for the same thing.

3 of the games we failed to sell out at Tynie have been 3 of my favourite games there. Riordan penalty, Kerr 1-0 and Caldwell last minute winner.

BoomtownHibees
25-04-2019, 07:28 AM
Or folk are just pointing out that we have failed to sell out our end at Tynie (it was not kept empty due to segregation) on quite a few occasions, because folk thought we were going to get beat. So it's a bit hypocritical ripping them for the same thing.

3 of the games we failed to sell out at Tynie have been 3 of my favourite games there. Riordan penalty, Kerr 1-0 and Caldwell last minute winner.

Who cares man??? Can you no just enjoy rubbing it in when it’s them on the receiving end? It’s football rivalry ffs

Besties Debut
25-04-2019, 07:30 AM

3 of the games we failed to sell out at Tynie have been 3 of my favourite games there. Riordan penalty, Kerr 1-0 and Caldwell last minute winner. I dont give a flying f@@k how many tickets we sold years ago.....on Sunday they are struggling to sell their tickets and thats all it matters

In fact if we beat them we better not celebrate because they went 22 games against us unbeaten so if we appear happy then it might appear a bit hypocritical ripping them about it

Besties Debut
25-04-2019, 07:39 AM
You have got to laugh at some of the folk on here. Football fans all over the world rip the piss out their biggest rivals but only on Hibs Net can you post a thread slagging off your neighbours and some posters come flying in posting photos from a game 6 years ago to try and prove that we are not any better than them.....this is a very odd forum

Keith_M
25-04-2019, 07:47 AM
In the short time ive been on here i cant believe how defensive some posters are of Hearts. Either that or some folk will just say black if you say white....the cyber world is a strange one

Oh no they wouldn't!

:greengrin

Bill Milne
25-04-2019, 07:51 AM
You have got to laugh at some of the folk on here. Football fans all over the world rip the piss out their biggest rivals but only on Hibs Net can you post a thread slagging off your neighbours and some posters come flying in posting photos from a game 6 years ago to try and prove that we are not any better than them.....this is a very odd forum

Speaks volumes about the posters themselves, doesn't it?

Hibbyradge
25-04-2019, 08:25 AM
You have got to laugh at some of the folk on here.

Laughing at fellow fans for having a different viewpoint is pretty odd too.

Hibbyradge
25-04-2019, 08:50 AM
Speaks volumes about the posters themselves, doesn't it?

What does it say?

Hibbyradge
25-04-2019, 08:58 AM

That's what's worrying me about Sunday. :worried:

hfc rd
25-04-2019, 09:34 AM
Don’t know how their ticket sales work but do the yams get to choose any section they want to sit in the south stand or are they automatically allocated a section and once that section is sold, they start selling tickets in another section and so on?

The 90+2
25-04-2019, 09:36 AM
They have 800 tickets left unsold according to their fanzine een.

we are hibs
25-04-2019, 09:37 AM

Getting their wee lapdog Anderson to try and shift tickets :hilarious

Springbank
25-04-2019, 09:39 AM
This thread needed only one post, to be honest, and it was this one quoted here...

The difference is Hibs fans haven't continuously shouted from the rooftops about being the big team.

1902 has gone.

Bigger stadium has gone.

They're going to finish behind Hibs for 3rd straight Premiership season after being 11 points ahead in February.

Be careful what you boast about because sometimes you end up looking very stupid and people will take the piss.

:top marks

Diclonius
25-04-2019, 09:43 AM

That's mad. It's not like they're even that much worse than us just now. Sure, their form is worse and it's at ER but the teams are relatively even in quality.

The 90+2
25-04-2019, 09:47 AM
Getting their wee lapdog Anderson to try and shift tickets :hilarious

Twice in 2 days too. Phone number, option 2 the whole shebang. Tragic.

The 90+2
25-04-2019, 09:48 AM
That's mad. It's not like they're even that much worse than us just now. Sure, their form is worse and it's at ER but the teams are relatively even in quality.

They are ***** at supporting their team when the going gets tough. Be good to remind them of it whenever they try to lord it over us again.

Barman Stanton
25-04-2019, 11:42 AM

Yeah I agree its pretty odd. Some Hibs fans are incredibly quick to stick the boot into our own club. Not just here, but on all the fb pages etc. We have a strange support at times.

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2019, 11:53 AM

1902 has gone.

Bigger stadium has gone.

They've won 3 in 6 so definitely not 2 in 15

HibeeHibernian4
25-04-2019, 12:00 PM

Pointing out facts and not letting us get on with our Jambo-bashing, LTYF! :greengrin

Besties Debut
25-04-2019, 12:18 PM
Pointing out facts and not letting us get on with our Jambo-bashing, LTYF! :greengrin There is not much chance of any jambo bashing on here with posters like you on the board. No doubt you have photographic evidence of every goal Hearts have scored against us over these last 6 games just incase a Hibbie on here gets above his station and starts to think we are better than them.

Since452
25-04-2019, 12:21 PM

3 in 15 then

renato
25-04-2019, 12:23 PM
Since both teams got relegated, our derby record is W6, D6 and L4.

That includes Stubbs’ 2nd game in charge with a brand new, bare bones team and Shaw’s ghost goal.

The 90+2
25-04-2019, 12:25 PM
Since both teams got relegated, our derby record is W6, D6 and L4.

That includes Stubbs’ 2nd game in charge with a brand new, bare bones team and Shaw’s ghost goal.

That 1st match still annoys me, missed pen and a man sent off for **** all 🤬🤬🤬

SirDavidsNapper
25-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Last 15https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190425/de4a1b2e4d2e05ba7b5c705923d86eca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

renato
25-04-2019, 12:28 PM

Aye, after an encouraging performance at Ibrox, I thought we did enough to at least draw at Tiny but Liam Craig and the red card put paid to that..

The 90+2
25-04-2019, 12:31 PM
Aye, after an encouraging performance at Ibrox, I thought we did enough to at least draw at Tiny but Liam Craig and the red card put paid to that..

Should have still drawn too agree. Anyway, onwards... 👍

JimBHibees
25-04-2019, 02:24 PM
That 1st match still annoys me, missed pen and a man sent off for **** all ������

Who got sent off in that game? Was it scott robertson? Craigs penalty was awful.

hfc rd
25-04-2019, 02:26 PM
Who got sent off in that game? Was it scott robertson? Craigs penalty was awful.

Scott Robertson

Hermit Crab
25-04-2019, 07:35 PM
They reckon theres still about 700 left to shift before Sunday.

Steven79
25-04-2019, 07:37 PM
They reckon theres still about 700 left to shift before Sunday.

We may laugh but 700 x £20 is £14,000 that we were missing out on because they are ****bags....

Hermit Crab
25-04-2019, 07:39 PM
We may laugh but 700 x £20 is £14,000 that we were missing out on because they are ****bags....

Is it not pay day for a lot of people today and tomorrow? Tickets are £30 by the way.

sauzee=legend
25-04-2019, 07:40 PM
Do the away team not purchase all the tickets and if they don’t sell the allocation they are the ones that lose the money not the home team?

Steven79
25-04-2019, 07:40 PM
Is it not pay day for a lot of people today and tomorrow? Tickets are £30 by the way.

Yeah I know but by time you take off concession and vat.....

Hermit Crab
25-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Do the away team not purchase all the tickets and if they don’t sell the allocation they are the ones that lose the money not the home team?

Not sure how it works but I thought it was money up front. Do I remember correctly that Hearts fans used to have to buy derby tickets direct from Hibs or am I making that up?

LaMotta
25-04-2019, 07:52 PM

Honestly wonder how different that season could have been had Craig scored the penalty.

Wouldn't change a thong though given the events that have unfolded since.

sauzee=legend
25-04-2019, 07:53 PM
Not sure how it works but I thought it was money up front. Do I remember correctly that Hearts fans used to have to buy derby tickets direct from Hibs or am I making that up?

I’m sure one of our biggest rivals had to do it direct can’t remember who.... either hearts or Celtic I think.

Hermit Crab
25-04-2019, 08:00 PM
Honestly wonder how different that season could have been had Craig scored the penalty.

Wouldn't change a thong though given the events that have unfolded since.

I wouldn't even wear one!!! Boxers all the way!

cabbageandribs1875
25-04-2019, 08:01 PM
I’m sure one of our biggest rivals had to do it direct can’t remember who.... either hearts or Celtic I think.

was it not the rangers ?

Onceinawhile
25-04-2019, 08:03 PM

Celtic and rangers.

They offered to sell them for us, but we're going to take a commission, so they got telt to bolt.

greenlad
25-04-2019, 08:16 PM

There was one season, maybe about 2011, that Hibs supporters had to buy our Tynecastle tickets direct from Hearts. Had to complete a form and email it with your payment details. Only option was to post out rather than collect.

Hermit Crab
25-04-2019, 11:24 PM
There was one season, maybe about 2011, that Hibs supporters had to buy our Tynecastle tickets direct from Hearts. Had to complete a form and email it with your payment details. Only option was to post out rather than collect.

Was that the £36 match by the time they’d added on the postage?

hfc rd
26-04-2019, 12:44 AM

It was the Paulo Sergio season. The derby at ER, we told them if they wanted a ticket, they had to go through ourselves to purchase one. I remember the yams were seething with this and they then returned the favour in the return fixture at the Wongadome by telling us that if we wanted a ticket, we’d have to go through them to get one. That’s why the Roseburn was half empty that day.

Ringothedog
26-04-2019, 10:06 AM
It was the Paulo Sergio season. The derby at ER, we told them if they wanted a ticket, they had to go through ourselves to purchase one. I remember the yams were seething with this and they then returned the favour in the return fixture at the Wongadome by telling us that if we wanted a ticket, we’d have to go through them to get one. That’s why the Roseburn was half empty that day.

I had to go to the Hearts ticket office/shop to get mine, got funny looks from their customers when they realised you were a Hibby 😀

Keith_M
26-04-2019, 10:13 AM
Hibs sold tickets directly to Hearts fans for a home derby, in their financial meltdown season, because they didn't trust Hearts to give them the money for the tickets.

Jones28
26-04-2019, 10:52 AM
Hibs sold tickets directly to Hearts fans for a home derby, in their financial meltdown season, because they didn't trust Hearts to give them the money for the tickets.

Justified imo

Diclonius
26-04-2019, 10:55 AM

They then did the same back to us for the game at Tynecastle out of pure spite.

JeMeSouviens
26-04-2019, 11:05 AM
Have they still not sold out? If so, morale even lower in Yamland than I thought. :wink:

wallpaperman
26-04-2019, 11:36 AM
Have they still not sold out? If so, morale even lower in Yamland than I thought. :wink:

Suggestions are that they are trickling towards a sell out. Couple of days ago there were supposedly 800 left, someone on Kickback says 350 left now, how accurate that is, who knows?

Moulin Yarns
26-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Suggestions are that they are trickling towards a sell out. Couple of days ago there were supposedly 800 left, someone on Kickback says 350 left now, how accurate that is, who knows?

Let's face it, we are used to playing with gaps in the crowd behind the goals 😉

JeMeSouviens
26-04-2019, 11:53 AM

Probably all been a conspiracy to keep our average attendance below theirs. :paranoid: :greengrin

wallpaperman
26-04-2019, 12:11 PM
Probably all been a conspiracy to keep our average attendance below theirs. :paranoid: :greengrin

Ha, that plan ain't gonna work! We will certainly finish with a higher average crowd than them with games against Hearts and a good crowd v Aberdeen to be added, whereas they have Kilmarnock which will not hike their average up at all.

You could make the case that is two seasons in a row we outdrew them. If you discount the inflated Murrayfield attendances, and replace them even with a Tynie sell out, we would have been higher last season also.

Some people will say who cares, but I quite like this.

JeMeSouviens
26-04-2019, 12:20 PM
Ha, that plan ain't gonna work! We will certainly finish with a higher average crowd than them with games against Hearts and a good crowd v Aberdeen to be added, whereas they have Kilmarnock which will not hike their average up at all.

You could make the case that is two seasons in a row we outdrew them. If you discount the inflated Murrayfield attendances, and replace them even with a Tynie sell out, we would have been higher last season also.

Some people will say who cares, but I quite like this.

:agree: It's neither here nor there in the grand scheme but knowing it's another wee blow to their delusions gives me a nice, warm feeling. :wink:

Since452
26-04-2019, 12:20 PM
I'd be stunned if they didn't sell out. You'd think they'd be lapping up getting to the cup final and winding us up. It's not as if they were 11 points ahead of Hibs in February and Jambottled it or anything.....

Deansy
26-04-2019, 12:23 PM

Some people will say who cares,but I quite like this.

Just the vast majority of the 'Big is everything' fans of Charity Thieves FC !

givescotlandfreedom
26-04-2019, 01:11 PM
Just had a look on a merrick's ticketing account and could get 10 (the maximum) together no bother. That was row L which suggests they're selling from the back down and there are plenty left.
They also charge their own fans £1.50 per person booking charge for online even print at home. Mugs

Since452
26-04-2019, 04:28 PM
22 years since they last won 2 derbys in one season at Easter Road. Lightening doesn't often strike twice and they'll know it.

California-Hibs
26-04-2019, 04:33 PM
22 years since they last won 2 derbys in one season at Easter Road. Lightening doesn't often strike twice and they'll know it.

Wow, that's some stat! I was already ultra convinced we're winning on Sunday..

JeMeSouviens
26-04-2019, 04:52 PM

The first of those was Alex Miller's last derby and the second was Jim Duffy's first. Direct from the Kwik Fit ****ing Flyer. Dark times.

Since452
26-04-2019, 05:03 PM
The first of those was Alex Miller's last derby and the second was Jim Duffy's first. Direct from the Kwik Fit ****ing Flyer. Dark times.

Stuff of nightmares

Hibernian Verse
27-04-2019, 01:57 PM
Have they sold out yet or am I going to have the pleasure at laughing at their support tomorrow?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JeMeSouviens
27-04-2019, 02:10 PM
Have they sold out yet or am I going to have the pleasure at laughing at their support tomorrow?

Just tried their ticket site and you can still get 10 seats together, so no but even if that changes you can still laugh at them.

Keith_M
27-04-2019, 02:10 PM

Apparently not... despite their two full page, free adverts in the Evening News from All Is Barry.

hfc rd
27-04-2019, 03:03 PM
Last I heard and unsure if it is true or not, between 150-200 tickets unsold.

FilipinoHibs
27-04-2019, 07:35 PM
Last I heard and unsure if it is true or not, between 150-200 tickets unsold.

Think unlikely. If 800 unsold to seasons and most who attend match are seasons and with current form can't see 650 non seasons wanting to go.