PDA

View Full Version : Villa in the playoffs

PatHead
22-04-2019, 06:08 PM
With the way results went today and Villa winning their 10th match on the spin they are guaranteed a place in the playoffs.

I remember when SJM was transferred it was mentioned that there was a bonus payment to Hibs if they got promoted.

Can anyone confirm if this is true and how much?

hibbydog
22-04-2019, 06:14 PM
Don’t think it was ever disclosed. Great that SJM is doing so well and they seem to think the world of him.

Always good to see a young Scot snub the old form and challenging himself with a much tougher league.

Good on him

H18 SFR
22-04-2019, 06:27 PM
What we want is a bonus promotion payment quickly followed by a sell on clause payment. Every penny to the manager to reinvest.

Besties Debut
22-04-2019, 06:46 PM
With the way results went today and Villa winning their 10th match on the spin they are guaranteed a place in the playoffs.

I remember when SJM was transferred it was mentioned that there was a bonus payment to Hibs if they got promoted.

Can anyone confirm if this is true and how much?There is no way any club would agree to a promotion bonus payment. What if Villa got promoted and sjm had hardly kicked a ball?

CapitalGreen
22-04-2019, 06:49 PM
There is no way any club would agree to a promotion bonus payment. What if Villa got promoted and sjm had hardly kicked a ball?

It would likely be conditional on a set number or percentage of games played.

Michael
22-04-2019, 07:05 PM
There is no way any club would agree to a promotion bonus payment. What if Villa got promoted and sjm had hardly kicked a ball?

Can't remember the player's name, but Arsenal sold Barcelona a center half. Arsenal were set to get a bonus if Barcelona won the champions League, but got nothing because he didn't play any games.

Eyrie
22-04-2019, 07:28 PM
What we want is a bonus promotion payment quickly followed by a sell on clause payment. Every penny to the manager to reinvest.

Depends how much the promotion payment is, but I'd rather have that this year and the sell on money next year to spread things out.

Since452
22-04-2019, 07:34 PM

Exactly

The 90+2
22-04-2019, 07:38 PM
Can't remember the player's name, but Arsenal sold Barcelona a center half. Arsenal were set to get a bonus if Barcelona won the champions League, but got nothing because he didn't play any games.

Vertongen?

Mibbes Aye
22-04-2019, 07:48 PM
Vertongen?

Vermaelen

DetroitHibs
22-04-2019, 07:56 PM
Pure speculation, we don’t even know if there is a sell on % for sure or how much St Mirren got. Just hearsay, nothing concrete.

greenlex
22-04-2019, 09:59 PM
Pure speculation, we don’t even know if there is a sell on % for sure or how much St Mirren got. Just hearsay, nothing concrete.
Yer right. Close the thread.

Hibbyradge
22-04-2019, 11:34 PM

Where else would the money go? :confused:

Nevi_SOL
22-04-2019, 11:38 PM
Yer right. Close the thread.

😂😂

Mibbes Aye
22-04-2019, 11:42 PM
Where else would the money go? :confused:

How naive :rolleyes:

Do you think mustache wax pays for itself?

1875STEVE
23-04-2019, 12:07 AM
Im confident there is. why?

Steve Bruce said it in an interview after he left, while talking about McGinn. Im sure it was talksport.

He said £2m on promotion and a "hefty sell-on" was the reason they got him for £2.8m

GreenLake
23-04-2019, 05:02 AM

Better he plays great in the Premier League a couple of seasons and moves to Real Madrid for $95m.

Diclonius
23-04-2019, 06:51 AM
It is the year 2140. Hibernian FC have just won their 4th Scottish Cup in a thrilling match against their rivals Hearts, ending a 124-year hoodoo that persisted even though they had now started to regularly win the league due to Edinburgh's population explosion over the last century.

Hibs' star man in the final is Jaden McGinn, great-great-grandson of former Hibs icon John McGinn. Following the completion of the game, St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour requests 33% of the prize money on Twitter due to John McGinn's sell-on clause 122 years earlier.

MWHIBBIES
23-04-2019, 06:57 AM

Happens all the time. One of the most common clauses with big transfers is winning the league or champions league.

hibsbollah
23-04-2019, 07:00 AM
It is the year 2140. Hibernian FC have just won their 4th Scottish Cup in a thrilling match against their rivals Hearts, ending a 124-year hoodoo that persisted even though they had now started to regularly win the league due to Edinburgh's population explosion over the last century.

Hibs' star man in the final is Jaden McGinn, great-great-grandson of former Hibs icon John McGinn. Following the completion of the game, St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour requests 33% of the prize money on Twitter due to John McGinn's sell-on clause 122 years earlier.

Ridiculous, far fetched nonsense.

You expect Hearts to make it to another cup final?:greengrin

Diclonius
23-04-2019, 07:41 AM
Im confident there is. why?

Steve Bruce said it in an interview after he left, while talking about McGinn. Im sure it was talksport.

He said £2m on promotion and a "hefty sell-on" was the reason they got him for £2.8m

So £2.8M up front rising to £4.8M on promotion?

PatHead
23-04-2019, 08:13 AM
So £2.8M up front rising to £4.8M on promotion?

Party, party.......

hfc rd
23-04-2019, 10:55 AM

Will Hearts still be in existence by then? 😁

Swedish hibee
23-04-2019, 11:28 AM
Is it wrong I don't want them to go up? I love McGinn, but the club I don't have alotta love for..

Ozyhibby
23-04-2019, 11:51 AM
Is it wrong I don't want them to go up? I love McGinn, but the club I don't have alotta love for..

If it meant £2m to Hibs then I’m happy for any team to have some success so long as it’s not another Scottish team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk