PDA

View Full Version : And now on to Sunday

hibbyfraelibby
22-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Is Potter's mess of pottage going to turn up as a wounded animal or a comotosed sloth?

Never like to predict derby outcomes but should we help put their manager out of his misery with a spanking of exceptional levels or just inflict a run of the mill hammering he could survive?

Asking for an indecisive peroxide blond of my ken...

H18 SFR
22-04-2019, 05:15 PM
Like you I'm not overly keen to predict derbies but my money is on us @5/4 already.

Nicho87
22-04-2019, 06:26 PM
Berra in the papers today saying that their route one hoofball style in unfounded, welt of a boy.

hfc rd
22-04-2019, 06:48 PM
Berra in the papers today saying that their route one hoofball style in unfounded, welt of a boy.

Watching their game on Saturday against Sevco, that is all they were doing. Hoof after hoof towards that big striker of theirs.

Was also highlighted on sportscene yesterday that is the only way they play. High, long ball up to Uche Ikpeazu time after time. That doesn’t work, they are f*****

Weegreenman
22-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Everything seems to be pointing to a Hibs win. Let’s not be complacent, make sure we turn up and inflict as much pain onto Potter as is humanly possible without resorting to violence :greengrin It’s been a long time since we gave them a right good doing by three goals or more, please let it be so :pray::pray::pray:

I’m no Jambo, so I won’t be making any predictions. :cb

Hermit Crab
22-04-2019, 07:01 PM
Lets not get cocky, derbies are unpredictable and we've been in this position before and fell flat on our faces.

bingo70
22-04-2019, 07:08 PM
Lets not get cocky, derbies are unpredictable and we've been in this position before and fell flat on our faces.

Tbf it’s the last thing I’d expect you to do before a derby 😉

I feel really confident about Sunday but not cocky, I’m not entirely sure of the difference but I think I feel a bit different this time.

Of course Hearts are more than capable of beating us, I just don’t think they will.

I think Hearts need to win and that could count against them, the last thing they want is an open game.

Glory Lurker
22-04-2019, 07:16 PM
Who are their injury doubts this time round?

B.H.F.C
22-04-2019, 07:22 PM
I think Hearts need to win and that could count against them, the last thing they want is an open game.

Don’t expect them to open up on Sunday. I think Levein will view it as must not lose rather than must win.

Their fans are that unhappy with him that finishing fifth or sixth isn’t going to make that much of a difference to them. A second defeat to us, in the space of three weeks, would make their mood even worse which he won’t want in the build up to the cup final.

Of the two teams, I think we need to win more. A draw is no good to us but I think they’d take a draw.

Hermit Crab
22-04-2019, 07:29 PM
Don’t expect them to open up on Sunday. I think Levein will view it as must not lose rather than must win.

Their fans are that unhappy with him that finishing fifth or sixth isn’t going to make that much of a difference to them. A second defeat to us, in the space of three weeks, would make their mood even worse which he won’t want in the build up to the cup final.

Of the two teams, I think we need to win more. A draw is no good to us but I think they’d take a draw.

A draw is fine assuming celtic and rangers both win.

Famous Fiver
22-04-2019, 07:30 PM
4-6-0

essexhibee
22-04-2019, 07:32 PM
This corker from kickback had me laughing...

Finlay James
Posted 1 hour ago
1 hour ago, ollie2004 said:
Not when you win by 20 odd points!
Look where Sevco and Vermon are now in comparison.

😂😂😂 The vermin are a few points ahead of us in 5th place and celebrating it like they've won the league. Meanwhile, we have been beyond **** this season but are still only a couple of points behind them and have reached the last four of the league cup and the final of the Scottish cup. Don't even get me started in the difference in infrastructure of the two clubs because there is no comparison.

Hibs would give anything to be in our position right now and what we are building towards while they, along with other clubs, stand still.

B.H.F.C
22-04-2019, 07:33 PM
A draw is fine assuming celtic and rangers both win.

We are five points behind Killie. If we want to catch them, a draw isn’t fine.

Jack Hackett
22-04-2019, 07:34 PM
The situation over the road is really weird. Cup final, but no realistic hope of winning... and know it. Meteoric plunge since they won the league. Lost to us at home for the 1st time in 6 years. 'Talismanic' wee scrote laid up. Their 'Legend' of a manager is in hiding behind queenie's skirt as far as his job goes... and they're still dodging around 'work in progress' (of the 8th wonder of the world no less) to get to their seats... and it's costing them an arm and a leg.

I'm looking to give them the spanking they deserve

Oh!... did I mention the eye bleeding football they play?

Jack Hackett
22-04-2019, 07:37 PM

A draw with them is always a disappointment... unless it's a 2-2 with the prospect of a money spinning replay

Billy Whizz
22-04-2019, 07:37 PM

100% agree

Since452
22-04-2019, 07:38 PM
I'll be very dissapointed with a draw on Sunday.

Hermit Crab
22-04-2019, 07:40 PM

Then we'd only be four behind them.

Brightside
22-04-2019, 07:45 PM
We have to beat Killie and Hearts.

B.H.F.C
22-04-2019, 08:02 PM
Then we'd only be four behind them.

Exactly. And catching Killie still wouldn’t be in our own hands. If we get it back to two points this weekend, it is.

Diclonius
22-04-2019, 08:15 PM
We're definitely favourites but as we saw two weeks ago, that's by no means a given.

Without Naismith we have the better team, but we need to perform above and beyond the level we played at Tynecastle. They were tearing us apart before the equaliser.

sauzee=legend
22-04-2019, 08:27 PM

Finlay James
Posted 1 hour ago

😂😂😂 The vermin are a few points ahead of us in 5th place and celebrating it like they've won the league. Meanwhile, we have been beyond **** this season but are still only a couple of points behind them and have reached the last four of the league cup and the final of the Scottish cup. Don't even get me started in the difference in infrastructure of the two clubs because there is no comparison.

Hibs would give anything to be in our position right now and what we are building towards while they, along with other clubs, stand still.

So true that..... instead of owning your own training ground, I would rather rent one from a university 😂

CMurdoch
22-04-2019, 08:39 PM
We're definitely favourites but as we saw two weeks ago, that's by no means a given.

Without Naismith we have the better team, but we need to perform above and beyond the level we played at Tynecastle. They were tearing us apart before the equaliser.

Haring the scorer of their goal that day and one of their better players after Naismith is definitely out of the game.
They have very little to work with and with Haring out will have little threat in the air from set pieces.
Their only chance of scoring is a great goal like Lee scored at Easter Road last time.
Their only real chance of winning the match is if we have a player sent off.
We need to take the match to them because we need the 3 points if we are to have a chance of catching Killie.
A draw ain't no good to us.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-04-2019, 08:43 PM
Underestimate the depleted or otherwise Jambos at your peril.
Recent and not so times are pock-marked with flumps we’ll never hear the names of (Jankowicz?, Husref Musemic).

Do them first fanny about later.

Zazu62
22-04-2019, 08:51 PM
Take our chances and we win. We create a lot.

Hibeesmad
22-04-2019, 09:13 PM

Finlay James
Posted 1 hour ago

The sad thing is that the boy actually believes it. He probably said they were still title challengers 6 weeks ago.

Hibeesmad
22-04-2019, 09:17 PM
Take our chances and we win. We create a lot.

Definitely, keep the ball on the deck and get at them. Worked wonders for Rangers on Saturday.

cabbageandribs1875
22-04-2019, 09:23 PM

Finlay James
Posted 1 hour ago

������ The vermin are a few points ahead of us in 5th place and celebrating it like they've won the league. Meanwhile, we have been beyond **** this season but are still only a couple of points behind them and have reached the last four of the league cup and the final of the Scottish cup. Don't even get me started in the difference in infrastructure of the two clubs because there is no comparison.

oh i'm sure we don't :faf: never have done and never will do

shirly an undercover hibby

Pagan Hibernia
22-04-2019, 09:59 PM
I don’t know about anyone else but I’m terrified of Levein getting the boot.

He’s just so perfect for them. Smug and arrogant, with next to no success to back it up, thuggish hoofball tactics that are just so traditionally hearts in nature, but nowhere near competent enough to ever win anything. Dour, Mid-table and middle class. That’s hearts.

i really worry about him being sacked and them actually getting it right for a change. As far as I’m concerned we’ve been blessed with cathro and potter for comedy value if nothing else. What happens if they bring in someone who actually knows what they’re doing?

anyhoo, 7-0 on Sunday please :greengrin

eastcoasthibby
22-04-2019, 10:03 PM
Take nothing for granted, have due respect, work hard, dont get dragged into a hoofball or slogging match get the ball moving and keep it out the air as much as possible ...desire and determination ...

Joe6-2
22-04-2019, 10:04 PM

Finlay James
Posted 1 hour ago

How blinkered can a person be? Unbelievable

Hibeesmad
22-04-2019, 10:14 PM

He’s just so perfect for them. Smug and arrogant, with next to no success to back it up, thuggish hoofball tactics that are just so traditionally hearts in nature, but nowhere near competent enough to ever win anything. Dour, Mid-table and middle class. That’s hearts.

i really worry about him being sacked and them actually getting it right for a change. As far as I’m concerned we’ve been blessed with cathro and potter for comedy value if nothing else. What happens if they bring in someone who actually knows what they’re doing?

I agree, I think he is up there as one of the worst managers they have had in a long time. I do think he will put himself before the club though so unless Budge has a bit of bottle to get rid of him I don't think he will be going anywhere. This cup final could thankfully keep him there for at least another 6 months.

NAE NOOKIE
22-04-2019, 10:47 PM

Finlay James
Posted 1 hour ago

Ha ha, they ken what's goin' on . Its not being 2 points in front of them that's got us so pleased, its the umpteen points we hauled back to get there … if the roles had been reversed they would have been laughing their ***** off and banging on about natural order, and they know it :greengrin

Infrastructure.

They have spent 15 million quid getting to where we have been for nearly 10 years and even then cant pretend they have anything like the stand they would have wanted, a press and directors box in a bizarre position and corporate facilities that don't even face the pitch, not to mention still unfinished dressing rooms after two years, the same period in which Spurs have demolished a stadium and built a fully operational 62,000 capacity state of the art one ... aye right, just what every club wants. We still have scope to improve our stadium further or even increase its capacity, they have reached the end of the road so far as both are concerned …. and its still smaller than Easter Road with a non UEFA compliant pitch :faf:

Training facilities.
Sorry lads, they belong to somebody else, look up the words 'rent' or 'lease' in the dictionary :lolyam:

As for progress … another season where the scatter gun approach to recruitment hasn't worked and if you seriously think making the cup final in a run where your toughest fixture was Livingston at home shows any actual progress you seriously are deluded … Pat Fenlon got Hibs to two cup finals in a row.

As for Sunday. Its going to be a tough game for Hibs, there's no doubt about that because there is rarely a derby that isn't a battle. I have lost count of the number of times Hibs have been by far the better team in one of these games and still drawn or lost it so I'm presuming nothing. But can we win it, of course we can and that'll do for me to be going on with :aok:

hfc rd
22-04-2019, 11:23 PM

Finlay James
Posted 1 hour ago

Surely he is an undercover Hibby 😂

Hermit Crab
23-04-2019, 12:47 AM

Not a chance he'll be emptied before the end of the season, he will also still be there next season imo after he came out and rubbished the rumours about him leaving to retire to Spain at the end of the season due to ill health.

Jim44
23-04-2019, 05:31 AM
So true that..... instead of owning your own training ground, I would rather rent one from a university 😂

......... especially when reneging on rent payments is neither here nor there. Come to think of it, was their finger up to Herriot Watt University, during their ‘troubles’, not actually cheating the taxpayer, as it’s a government funded institution?

we are hibs
23-04-2019, 06:21 AM
They've sold just over half their allocation. I reckon we will win 2-0. 2 first half goals. Any win will do though I don't care if it's 4-0 or a last minute winner off Bartleys arse and in as long as we beat them

Not In The Know
23-04-2019, 06:26 AM
Who are their injury doubts this time round?

Harring. Not listed against Rangers. Potter doesn’t know if he will even make the final. But may feature before the end of the season����. Basically he’s got a niggle and they rested him against Rangers so he can play against us. Mans obsessed, that’s twice now he’s sacrificed a result against the old firm to save players for the derby.

theonlywayisup
23-04-2019, 06:30 AM
Harring. Not listed against Rangers. Potter doesn’t know if he will enemy make the final. But may feature before the end of the season😂😂. Basically he’s got a niggle and they rested him against Rangers so he can play against us. Mans obsessed that’s twice now he’s sacrificed a result against the old firm to save players for the derby.

That worked well last time! What was the score again?

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-04-2019, 06:51 AM
The performance level and attitude that we showed against Celtc will get us three points if we can repeat it.

Hibernian Verse
23-04-2019, 06:54 AM
They've sold just over half their allocation. I reckon we will win 2-0. 2 first half goals. Any win will do though I don't care if it's 4-0 or a last minute winner off Bartleys arse and in as long as we beat them

I think that's how I'd prefer every Derby to end whilst Bartley's here!

Diclonius
23-04-2019, 07:43 AM
If we win it'll be by the usual one or possibly two. We're "due" them a hammering but as we all know probability based on prior results counts for nothing. When we do win by 3+ goals it'll be when we least expect it.

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 07:49 AM
Play our own game, press them try to find passes and don’t get conned into a slog fest. Let’s hope we have a strong ref too as they will kick everything that moves and then fall down when they hoof it up looking for free kicks. We are the better side, let’s go out and show it.

Tug Wilson
23-04-2019, 07:49 AM
I am a little concerned about the high level of optimism and expectation on here. Although testimony to how well things are going with Hecky at the wheel, too often have we seen our overconfidence shattered by a wonder goal or bad refereeing decision.

Springbank
23-04-2019, 07:54 AM

That sounds just like the De La Cruz Derby

28 seconds in an it was one nil - around 850 jambos rattling around in the Dunbars End

two nil by half time

skoosh second half, including (IIRC) Tam McManus going right through, edge of the 6 yard box, goalie to beat, and he got his angles wrong and his 'shot' ended up putting the ball out for a shy in line with the 18 yard line. Some strike Tam :greengrin if you're looking in!

Onion
23-04-2019, 08:15 AM
You'd expect them to be conflicted. Best they can get is 5th place and they've a Cup Final to prepare for. But this is Hearts, their Obsession has no OFF switch so expect them to throw everything into Sun's game. In fact, they're such a poor team, I could see a few of them being quite happy to miss the cup final through injury if that means taking a few Hibs players out.

If Hibs win, we've got a real chance at 4th and Europe. But Yams would love nothing more than to shock Celtic and stop us getting that Europa place. Stick or twist, Potter ?

we are hibs
23-04-2019, 08:43 AM
Play our own game, press them try to find passes and don’t get conned into a slog fest. Let’s hope we have a strong ref too as they will kick everything that moves and then fall down when they hoof it up looking for free kicks. We are the better side, let’s go out and show it.

Playing our own game is the reason we beat them at tynie. Far too often we have managers who want to go there and stand up to them physically and turn it into a scrap. When we get the ball down against them we usually come up trumps

calumhibee1
23-04-2019, 09:06 AM

I would love Bartley to get a goal before he most likely leaves in the summer. :agree:

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 09:19 AM
Playing our own game is the reason we beat them at tynie. Far too often we have managers who want to go there and stand up to them physically and turn it into a scrap. When we get the ball down against them we usually come up trumps

When they scored we changed it and played our own game, before that it was the usual rabbit headlights scenario just smashing the ball 100mph. They are gang and will set up for a war and to nick it on a set piece. Even in the scorching sun on sat against the huns their ball boys had towels to wipe the ball before launching it into the box hoping to hit it lucky.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2019, 09:24 AM
When they scored we changed it and played our own game, before that it was the usual rabbit headlights scenario just smashing the ball 100mph. They are gang and will set up for a war and to nick it on a set piece. Even in the scorching sun on sat against the huns their ball boys had towels to wipe the ball before launching it into the box hoping to hit it lucky.

Ikpeazu is their target man unless they start McLean and he is a man mountain, difficult to contain. If that Haring is out injured then thats a major blow for them, he's a very good player and runs their midfield. The boy Lee, who put one in the top bin last time at ER and hit the post in the last match is their set piece "specialist" but the natives seem to be getting on his back.

Diclonius
23-04-2019, 10:34 AM
Ikpeazu is their target man unless they start McLean and he is a man mountain, difficult to contain. If that Haring is out injured then thats a major blow for them, he's a very good player and runs their midfield. The boy Lee, who put one in the top bin last time at ER and hit the post in the last match is their set piece "specialist" but the natives seem to be getting on his back.

He's their equivalent of Mallan. Good skillful player but a bit lightweight.

If Haring is out then that's a massive boost for us.

JeMeSouviens
23-04-2019, 10:42 AM
He's their equivalent of Mallan. Good skillful player but a bit lightweight.

If Haring is out then that's a massive boost for us.

Hopefully they play him, he limps off and ends up missing the final.

Besties Debut
23-04-2019, 10:44 AM

Finlay James
Posted 1 hour ago

Hibs would give anything to be in our position right now and what we are building towards while they, along with other clubs, stand still. Anyone else get the impression that Finlay is a specky virgin?

Steven79
23-04-2019, 11:01 AM
I would love Bartley to get a goal before he most likely leaves in the summer. :agree:

I actually think he should start as we need to make the game physical as they will have the cup final on their minds and won't risk 50/50's.

Let's get stuck right into them from the off as we should smell blood....

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-04-2019, 01:54 PM

Finlay James
Posted 1 hour ago

Should be sectioned if he thinks that's right.

That place is just full of weirdos like that, some real beauties in that one though :crazy:

Ich liebe Deek
23-04-2019, 02:03 PM
Should be sectioned if he thinks that's right.

That place is just full of weirdos like that, some real beauties in that one though :crazy:

Clearly a hibee at it!Speaking of infrastructure did they ever finish their main stand?Genuine question

Hermit Crab
24-04-2019, 03:35 PM
What the bets he plays...:rolleyes:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-peter-haring-takes-injection-for-injury-but-he-won-t-make-hibs-clash-1-4913706

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-04-2019, 03:38 PM
Mulraney is the only one that bothers me, decent player.

HibbyAndy
24-04-2019, 04:14 PM

:agree:

The rest are dug*****

JimBHibees
24-04-2019, 04:46 PM
Nothing other than a very tight game as all the recent games have shown. Hope McNulty is fit as he has the potential to make the difference.

Kato
24-04-2019, 04:54 PM

He is a good player. If they could play a system that meant he wasn't so isolated when on the ball he'd be dangerous.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-04-2019, 05:00 PM
He is a good player. If they could play a system that meant he wasn't so isolated when on the ball he'd be dangerous.

Aye, he would be even better in our team, oh well!

PatHead
24-04-2019, 05:48 PM
Hibs 2_0 up after 20 minutes. Add a late 3rd for a comfortable win.

Levein spends the second half in the lavvy before blaming everyone else.

Aldo
24-04-2019, 05:58 PM
What the bets he plays...:rolleyes:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-peter-haring-takes-injection-for-injury-but-he-won-t-make-hibs-clash-1-4913706

Yip. Wouldn’t be surprised!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk