PDA

View Full Version : Gray, Stevenson, Hanlon & McGregor

The Harp Awakes
22-04-2019, 09:00 AM
These 4 guys along with a top class goalkeeper have been absolutely outstanding in recent months.

I wonder how much longer they will play together for Hibs as a defensive unit? On current form we should be looking to keep them together for at least another season.

Great servants to the club:not worth

PatHead
22-04-2019, 09:10 AM
Definitely. They have the jerseys it is up to someone else to take their chance in the event of injury.

AgentDaleCooper
22-04-2019, 09:20 AM
I love how they all bleed green. Incredible backline.

The Spaceman
22-04-2019, 09:24 AM
Hanlon still looks quite off the pace relative to last season - is he carrying an injury? Top class on his day.

1van Sprou7e
22-04-2019, 10:11 AM
Hanlon still looks quite off the pace relative to last season - is he carrying an injury? Top class on his day.

Thought he had a very good game yesterday

Allant1981
22-04-2019, 10:22 AM
Thought he had a very good game yesterday

He had a decent game but almost cost us a couple of goals again due to crap play, marciano saved his blushes

DarlingtonHibee
22-04-2019, 10:57 AM
Decent game, but crap play?

Must be perfect being a professional football coach, as you obviously are

Allant1981
22-04-2019, 11:03 AM

I didnt say I was, he had a couple of dodgy moments but overall had a decent game, not really hard to understand was it?

we are hibs
22-04-2019, 11:09 AM

Why do you get so defensive when someone has an opinion?

"You aren't a football coach so what do you know?"
"What do you know about running a club?"

You do know people can have an opinion on things without being former footballers or board members. I'm assuming you played at the highest level and have been involved in running a football club?

DarlingtonHibee
22-04-2019, 11:16 AM
No I haven't.

Remember the last Edinburgh Derby paul was superb.

He's in his testimonial year and is a true hibs man.

Hiber-nation
22-04-2019, 11:27 AM
Great to see them all improve so much over the past few months now that we have proper coaches.

Jack Hackett
22-04-2019, 11:42 AM
These 4 guys along with a top class goalkeeper have been absolutely outstanding in recent months.

I wonder how much longer they will play together for Hibs as a defensive unit? On current form we should be looking to keep them together for at least another season.

Well, that's 2 of them sorted now :greengrin

Brightside
22-04-2019, 12:00 PM
I wish we had a team full of players having as many poor performances as Paul Hanlon. 😂

Iggy Pope
22-04-2019, 01:44 PM
I wish we had a team full of players having as many poor performances as Paul Hanlon. 😂

I think we probably have right now.

Mibbes Aye
22-04-2019, 03:07 PM
Hanlon made some outstanding challenges and interceptions yesterday.

What never fails to amuse me is the reaction when things didn’t work out. It’s always a case of, oh is he carrying a knock or is his head in the right place?

The reality is we were playing against the best team in the country and as a team, they will force errors and mistakes on our part. And they will do that more frequently than any other team in the land, regardless of how good or on form we are.

I think Heckingbottom called it right in his comments yesterday. We have benefitted from a settled back four but it has been necessity rather than choice as there hasn’t really been anyone else!

Nevertheless, the guys know each others’ games inside out, and some of the passing amongst them, short and long-range was very pleasing on the eye.

ancient hibee
22-04-2019, 03:13 PM
I was pleased to see that when Hanlon made a bad mistake to let Celtic in he immediately whipped the pins from the guy.It’s the kind of ruthlessness that we have needed.

SChibs
22-04-2019, 03:22 PM

Probably till the end of the season then Porteous will replace McGregor most weeks I think