PDA

View Full Version : 19000+ today

WhileTheChief..
21-04-2019, 09:35 PM
Pretty much a full house today and not one hint of trouble before, during or after the match.

No flares, bottles, coconuts or racial or sectarian abuse :cb

Onceinawhile
21-04-2019, 09:37 PM
15,733 according to hibs, so that's c. 3,500 people not turned up!

(admittedly I accounted for 3 of them.)

SChibs
21-04-2019, 09:38 PM
Only 1 person admitted to st Leonard's this afternoon from a reliable source. Not bad.

oneone73
21-04-2019, 09:39 PM
15,733 according to hibs, so that's c. 3,500 people not turned up!

(admittedly I accounted for 3 of them.)

That was the number of Hibs fans. They aren't counting our bigoted cousins from the West.

Chuck Rhoades
21-04-2019, 09:40 PM
Pretty much a full house today and not one hint of trouble before, during or after the match.

Point is?

The 90+2
21-04-2019, 09:42 PM
Point is?

There will be no incidents to scoff over when we meet Anne Budge for high tea on Tuesdays briefing?

matty_f
21-04-2019, 09:47 PM
Point is?

That football fans are capable of behaving even at high profile matches.

Or maybe that sniffer dogs help :faf:

green day
21-04-2019, 09:48 PM
On the sniffer dogs - never saw any at the West?

Onceinawhile
21-04-2019, 09:49 PM
That was the number of Hibs fans. They aren't counting our bigoted cousins from the West.

You're quite correct. Still, no chance here was only 1,000 empty seats!!

matty_f
21-04-2019, 09:49 PM

I never either, to be honest. We were down quite early and didn't notice any extra checks, really.

Stuart93
21-04-2019, 09:50 PM
I don’t think the rivalry is there between us and Celtic like it is between us and the rangers or hearts.

People are more likely to act like fannys when they’re full of hatred for the team we’re playing imo

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2019, 09:52 PM
Excellent crowd considering on TV, Easter and early kick off.

scuttle
21-04-2019, 09:52 PM

Did you not see the two youngsters run onto the pitch at full time and then get huckled away. Another two brainless idiots that we don't need right now

WhileTheChief..
21-04-2019, 09:57 PM
That football fans are capable of behaving even at high profile matches.

Yup, thought it was obvious really.

3000 more fans today than at the cup game. Only difference was the kick off time.

HibeeHibernian4
21-04-2019, 10:01 PM
Did you not see the two youngsters run onto the pitch at full time and then get huckled away. Another two brainless idiots that we don't need right now

It was a tribute to the late Bradley Welsh from two of his young relatives, they kissed the turf à la Joe Baker at the Hands off Hibs rally. I think you'd have to be extremely churlish to begrudge them that.

https://twitter.com/sazdrummond/status/1119996404267716608

Onceinawhile
21-04-2019, 10:12 PM
It was a tribute to the late Bradley Welsh from two of his young relatives, they kissed the turf à la Joe Baker at the Hands off Hibs rally. I think you'd have to be extremely churlish to begrudge them that.

Banned for a month and miss the Derby.

Stupid to do. Why not go and kiss the ring at holyrood boxing? Don't remember their uncle doing anything on the pitch at Easter Road?

scuttle
21-04-2019, 10:13 PM

Fair enough never knew the circumstances until you enlightened me. As long as the media know as well so they don't spin it as hooliganism

hibbysam
21-04-2019, 10:17 PM
Fair enough never knew the circumstances until you enlightened me. As long as the media know as well so they don't spin it as hooliganism

I’d laugh my head off if they tried to portray two boys who could barely be 10 year old running into the pitch as hooliganism 😂 the operation at the away end was pleasing to see. Ring of steel with wee walkways where their ticket was searched first, then a body search with sniffer dog, before the even got to the steps before the back of the stand. About time they got treated like we do through there.

wookie70
21-04-2019, 10:18 PM

Stupid to do. Why not go and kiss the ring at holyrood boxing? Don't remember their uncle doing anything on the pitch at Easter Road?

A months ban is very lenient given recent events even giving the circumstances. The last thing we need and possibly more money needing to be forked out by the club for stewards and policing

Sir David Gray
21-04-2019, 10:18 PM

I'd suggest it wasn't the best way to go about things considering recent events at the stadium.

JeMeSouviens
21-04-2019, 10:21 PM
Average attendances this season:

Tiny 17590
ER 17591

The extra man making the difference. :wink: Mind the gap!

Since452
21-04-2019, 11:01 PM

Tiny 17590
ER 17591

Hibs will finish the season with a higher average than Hearts. Guaranteed 20k at ER next weekend and section of Tynecastle closed when capacity below 20k. When was last time that happened?

HibeeHibernian4
21-04-2019, 11:42 PM
I'd suggest it wasn't the best way to go about things considering recent events at the stadium.

I take your point, but I'd suggest they probably have more pressing things on their mind than recent events at the stadium (which, for the record, have been completely been blown out of proportion by boardrooms, journalists, police and politicians alike).

BegbieHSC
22-04-2019, 12:04 AM
Hibs will finish the season with a higher average than Hearts. Guaranteed 20k at ER next weekend and section of Tynecastle closed when capacity below 20k. When was last time that happened?

Would have happened last season had Hearts not had use of Murrayfield, and in turn filled it with huns.

TrinityHibs
22-04-2019, 03:21 AM

They only have one home game left as well so look out for a crowd of 45000+ at that one.

Borderhibbie76
22-04-2019, 04:04 AM
You're quite correct. Still, no chance here was only 1,000 empty seats!!Must we go over this after every Home Game...it includes non attending ST holders we all know it does...no need to continually dissect this...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Besties Debut
22-04-2019, 04:18 AM
The FF lower looked busier than usual but there was still a lot of empty seats

Viva_Palmeiras
22-04-2019, 05:11 AM

Tiny 17590
ER 17591

62.07% of stats are made up.

Onceinawhile
22-04-2019, 06:29 AM
Must we go over this after every Home Game...it includes non attending ST holders we all know it does...no need to continually dissect this...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I know it does. I was merely commenting.

Since452
22-04-2019, 06:38 AM
Would have happened last season had Hearts not had use of Murrayfield, and in turn filled it with huns.

Very true. They were patting themselves on the back for it.

GreenCastle
22-04-2019, 08:07 AM
The FF lower looked busier than usual but there was still a lot of empty seats

It did..still drives me mad the number of empty sold seats.

Is it true fans can’t resell their FF Lower tickets for the derby if they can’t make it ?

Noticed the Green Brigade also over crowding there area. There was no way every fan in that area had a seat.

Didn’t see any sniffer dogs in home entrances.

No goals..no smoke bombs yesterday.

Wonder how the derby will go.

Regarding the pitch invasion tribute - it’s tricky due to circumstances but where do you draw the line of these things - a pitch invasion is a pitch invasion and supporters really shouldn’t be entering the pitch. At what age do we say sorry it’s not allowed ?

Since452
22-04-2019, 08:15 AM

Is it true fans can’t resell their FF Lower tickets for the derby if they can’t make it ?

Noticed the Green Brigade also over crowding there area. There was no way every fan in that area had a seat.

Didn’t see any sniffer dogs in home entrances.

No goals..no smoke bombs yesterday.

Wonder how the derby will go.

Regarding the pitch invasion tribute - it’s tricky due to circumstances but where do you draw the line of these things - a pitch invasion is a pitch invasion and supporters really shouldn’t be entering the pitch. At what age do we say sorry it’s not allowed ?

The away stand is always over capacity when Hearts and the bigot brothers visit. My mate has passed his ticket back to others for years and he's not the only one. Surprised it's not been clamped down on.

mjhibby
22-04-2019, 08:24 AM

Tiny 17590
ER 17591

OMG. Never mind if we finish above them or even get into Europe. They will not be able to handle us having bigger crowds than them especially with them being eleven points ahead(TWICE). Didn't realise it was that close tbh.

Onceinawhile
22-04-2019, 08:25 AM
The away stand is always over capacity when Hearts and the bigot brothers visit. My mate has passed his ticket back to others for years and he's not the only one. Surprised it's not been clamped down on.

Once it's been scanned, it won't scan again.

Onceinawhile
22-04-2019, 08:27 AM

Can't release it on The ticket exchange, but I think its still OK to email the ticket office and let them release it.

mjhibby
22-04-2019, 08:27 AM

Tiny 17590
ER 17591

They are struggling to sell their Derby tickets. The length they will go to look as if they are a big team. Hysterical.

hibbyfraelibby
22-04-2019, 08:34 AM
No need for them at West...when was last time there was pyro there and coke snorting facilities are more accommodating.

hibbyfraelibby
22-04-2019, 08:38 AM

Oh their uncle did things on the pitch at ER😉

BoomtownHibees
22-04-2019, 08:57 AM
No need for them at West...when was last time there was pyro there and coke snorting facilities are more accommodating.

Never seen them at the east either tbf

NAE NOOKIE
22-04-2019, 09:07 AM
It was a decent crowd given that it had a combination of all of the circumstances which usually hit the attendance. A Sunday, a stupid kick off time and during the Easter holidays. I presume the good weather helped :greengrin

I don't know how other folk view this fixture, but for me I genuinely have to say that if I was made to choose a game to miss out of all our home games Celtic would be it, for some reason it just doesn't give me the same buzz as games with Hearts, Sevco or Aberdeen, that's nothing to do with any view that we have some sort of affinity with them .. cant stand the cants. Perhaps I just find Celtic's relentless domination of our game and their fans conceit boring.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-04-2019, 09:16 AM

Rangers particularly always have way over the capacity in there, it's clearly visible from FF.

JeMeSouviens
22-04-2019, 09:21 AM

A barcode scanner's not going to let the same ticket through twice. :confused:

Frazerbob
22-04-2019, 09:31 AM
They are struggling to sell their Derby tickets. The length they will go to look as if they are a big team. Hysterical.

Thought they’d sold out?

Jack Hackett
22-04-2019, 10:00 AM

Hearts have one game left at home v Killie, so doubt they'll get many walk ups... other than Killie fans... to add to their base ST count. We have 2, against them and Dons. No contest :greengrin

erin go bragh
22-04-2019, 10:38 AM
Thought they’d sold out?

No where near it ,I’ve heard .

Jumbo
22-04-2019, 11:18 AM
Hearts have one game left at home v Killie, so doubt they'll get many walk ups... other than Killie fans... to add to their base ST count. We have 2, against them and Dons. No contest :greengrin

thats why they're not buying tickets for derby, to keep our average lower :greengrin:greengrin

GreenCastle
22-04-2019, 11:21 AM
A barcode scanner's not going to let the same ticket through twice. :confused:

The scanners don’t allow tickets to be used twice.

I think it’s simply fans not sitting / standing in their seats And congregating in the same area.

Noticed the black sheeting in Away end in front of windows too which is obviously a measure for security to see out more.

Jack Hackett
22-04-2019, 11:52 AM
thats why they're not buying tickets for derby, to keep our average lower :greengrin:greengrin

The prospect of utter humiliation (fingers crossed) will probably be up there as a reason as well :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
22-04-2019, 11:58 AM
The prospect of utter humiliation (fingers crossed) will probably be up there as a reason as well :greengrin

I'm surprised they aren't doing what they usually do when they lose confidence that they can get a result at Easter Road and announce a boycott over ticket prices :greengrin

As it is I never presume anything when it comes to derby matches … it will be tough as it always is.

Jack Hackett
22-04-2019, 12:01 PM
I'm surprised they aren't doing what they usually do when they lose confidence that they can get a result at Easter Road and announce a boycott over ticket prices :greengrin

As it is I never presume anything when it comes to derby matches … it will be tough as it always is.

No doubt, but it's not what they'll be thinking :wink:

Keith_M
22-04-2019, 12:02 PM

Brainless Idiots?

They were two really young kids. I was cheering them, as were most people round me. I thought it was funny.

NAE NOOKIE
22-04-2019, 02:40 PM
Brainless Idiots?

They were two really young kids. I was cheering them, as were most people round me. I thought it was funny.

Me too. Pissed up idiots running onto the pitch during a game or folk throwing stuff is one thing, but this was a couple of kids after the final whistle, hardly a bloomin' riot. Don't get me wrong, they still shouldn't be doing it, but if what folk are saying is true and they have been effectively banned till the end of the season it seems to me that Hibs have handled the situation proportionately without making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Ringothedog
22-04-2019, 02:55 PM
Once it's been scanned, it won't scan again.

Exactly, an urban myth.

MWHIBBIES
22-04-2019, 03:09 PM

Find this hard to believe

danhibees1875
22-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Exactly, an urban myth.

Probably, but I'm not sure what happens if the second person has their ticket not work and then asks a steward for help. The steward would presumably assume the machine was playing up. :dunno:

Keith_M
22-04-2019, 04:13 PM
There was a cordon outside the away stand and people weren't allowed past without tickets. It was very tight security, with loads of stewards and police.

For anyone to have got in without a ticket, they would have had to get past both checks. Doesn't seem very likely to me.

If they really wanted to see the game, they could just have sat in one of the 3.000 empty seats in the home end.

:duck:

WhileTheChief..
22-04-2019, 04:22 PM
Probably, but I'm not sure what happens if the second person has their ticket not work and then asks a steward for help. The steward would presumably assume the machine was playing up. :dunno:

My ST is for the west upper.

I went in the turnstile for west lower by mistake a few weeks back and had to be let out by a steward.

When I went to go in the correct one my ticket didn’t work and when I asked the steward I was directed to the ticket office window.

scuttle
22-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Brainless Idiots?

Funny
Suppose you laugh at flares, coconuts, bottles , attacking players etc. opinions eh ;

SaulGoodman
22-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Funny
Suppose you laugh at flares, coconuts, bottles , attacking players etc. opinions eh ;

That’s a big leap

hibbyfraelibby
22-04-2019, 04:39 PM

Nope you get directed to the TO

danhibees1875
22-04-2019, 04:44 PM

I went in the turnstile for west lower by mistake a few weeks back and had to be let out by a steward.

When I went to go in the correct one my ticket didn’t work and when I asked the steward I was directed to the ticket office window.

:aok:

green day
22-04-2019, 04:55 PM

Future reference - there are doors on ground floor leading from the lower concourse to the bit after the turnstiles for the upper.

Doors always open, so you can go to the bookies (as no gambling facility in West upper).

It's not signposted, but a steward will show you the way 👍

LustForLeith
22-04-2019, 06:27 PM
Only 1 person admitted to st Leonard's this afternoon from a reliable source. Not bad.

Was it the ref for his performance

Carheenlea
22-04-2019, 08:17 PM
Funny

I laughed at the kids, and suspected right away it was connected to Brad Welsh’s passing.
Don’t laugh at flares, bottles or players being attacked, but did have a laugh at the coconut.
Can’t really categorise them all the same.

The Modfather
22-04-2019, 08:46 PM

I saw the same thing happen at Tynecastle last season (think it was the Shaw ghost goal game). Guy handed his ticket back once he was through and his mate called a steward over to say his ticket wasn’t scanning. The steward then let him through.

eastcoasthibby
22-04-2019, 09:02 PM
That’s a big leap

Its actually not, its fans going onto the pitch regaress of their age or apparent ok rationale for doing it, the reality is it cant happen no matter what because it all adds up to the club getting another black mark against it ...but it seems that quite a few appear to think that the antics of the two youngsters was acceptable ..sorry there were other ways of respects being shown !!

FRes Hibbie
22-04-2019, 09:42 PM

Even if you're an away fan, you're in the wrong strip and there's considerable segregation in place. The police just let you walk to the TO?

SaulGoodman
22-04-2019, 10:25 PM
Its actually not, its fans going onto the pitch regaress of their age or apparent ok rationale for doing it, the reality is it cant happen no matter what because it all adds up to the club getting another black mark against it ...but it seems that quite a few appear to think that the antics of the two youngsters was acceptable ..sorry there were other ways of respects being shown !!

I didn’t say it was acceptable. I said it was a big leap between someone laughing at a bairn being on the pitch to suddenly being okay with players being attacked and bottles and flares being launched.

Keith_M
23-04-2019, 01:33 PM
Funny

That's some stretch of the imagination you just engaged in.

RoxburghHibs
23-04-2019, 01:58 PM
I know it does. I was merely commenting.

So if you know the answer then why ask the question? The 19400 (or whatever it was) refers to tickets sold for the match. Hibs are only doing what the old firm and hearts have been doing for years. Not sure why people still bring this up as it's been done to death!!