PDA

View Full Version : Nick Walsh

givescotlandfreedom
21-04-2019, 06:07 PM
Today's ref deserves a thread of his own. Absolutely honking.

Famous Fiver
21-04-2019, 06:14 PM
Got a lift home from Scott Brown.

theonlywayisup
21-04-2019, 06:42 PM
He was very inconsistent and did seem to favour Celtic a lot.

What did he look like to those watching on telly?

Deansy
21-04-2019, 06:49 PM
He was very inconsistent and did seem to favour Celtic a lot.

What did he look like to those watching on telly?

Looked like any other member of the Celtic squad - we get 5 yellow cards out of 11 fouls !?!?

Carheenlea
21-04-2019, 06:50 PM
Gave Celtic a handball that he never saw in the first half, then didn’t give us one that he did see shortly after. Summed up his performance and the Mallan booking was laughable. Thankfully didn’t really impact on the outcome of the game.

joe_hfc
21-04-2019, 07:17 PM
Gave Celtic a handball that he never saw in the first half, then didn’t give us one that he did see shortly after. Summed up his performance and the Mallan booking was laughable. Thankfully didn’t really impact on the outcome of the game.

Well, that's the thing, we don't really know what impact he had. Without even one of the yellow cards the game could have been totally different. E.g. if Mallan or Omeonga weren't yellow carded, they may have been more aggressive in his challenges later on. If the handball freekick wasn't given, we could have ended up creating a chance. We could go on forever. The point is, the referee quite possibly did really impact the game with his decisions but we'll never know how much.

Borderhibbie76
21-04-2019, 07:21 PM
He was brutal from minute 1 to minute 96...did everything he could to help Celtic over the line...and I think he booked every Hibs foul too...awful

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

scuttle
21-04-2019, 07:46 PM
IMO as bad as he was he is nowhere near as bad as Don Robertson ,he has to be the worst of a bad bunch

allezsauzee
21-04-2019, 07:47 PM
Thought the ref was pretty decent today. I can't think of too many bad decisions.

Ringothedog
21-04-2019, 07:50 PM
Thought the ref was pretty decent today. I can't think of too many bad decisions.

He was absolutely brutal

Hibs Class
21-04-2019, 07:53 PM
I didnt think he made too many mistakes in awarding fouls, but the booking count was a dreadful misrepresentation of the game. At least he wasn't fooled by brown's pitiful attempt to cheat his way to a penalty.

allezsauzee
21-04-2019, 07:58 PM
He was absolutely brutal

No he wasn't

PatHead
21-04-2019, 07:58 PM
We didn't get a free kick in the second half until after the 70th minute. The ref was a joke.

Jones28
21-04-2019, 08:00 PM
I've seen a lot worse tbh.

Iggy Pope
21-04-2019, 08:02 PM
I didnt think he made too many mistakes in awarding fouls, but the booking count was a dreadful misrepresentation of the game. At least he wasn't fooled by brown's pitiful attempt to cheat his way to a penalty.

Could have booked Brown, Hayes and Sinclair for simulation and should have.
Each time he should have stopped the game and awarded Hibs the free kick these actions warranted.

The Mallan / Lustig incident screams a lack of understanding of the game. In fairness to the ref, he is not the first to have been conned by that bag of *****.

allezsauzee
21-04-2019, 08:06 PM
Could have booked Brown, Hayes and Sinclair for simulation and should have.
Each time he should have stopped the game and awarded Hibs the free kick these actions warranted.

The Mallan / Lustig incident screams a lack of understanding of the game. In fairness to the ref, he is not the first to have been conned by that bag of *****.

It was right in front of me. Lustig's playacting was pathetic but the irony is that he didn't need to do that because Mallan's challenge was a booking for going in with his studs showing. Irrelevant if there was contact or not.

eastcoasthibby
Celtic players Lustig and Ajer down and rolling about feigning serious injury to get Hibs playeers booked when player got booked they miraculously recovered immediately ....Walsh got conned and they are cheats ! Brown raised his arm across Omeongas face right in front of Walsh and he ignored it ...Kamberi idiot took the bait from Brown ... Walsh missed blatant pushes on Omeonga twice and Hayes dive in the first half ...poor ref and East stand linesman was awful as well !!

matty_f
I think I saw a stat that said Celtic committed 2 fouls. The ref gave them every 50/50 and was very quick to get his cards out when we fouled.

Keith_M
21-04-2019, 08:14 PM
Brown slaps Omeonga with his arm, both players get spoken to by ref.

Celtc get a free-kick for a handball that never was. Ref ignores handball by Celtc player.

Ref gives a grand total of two fouls and no yellow cards against Celtc but gives a booking for every second foul committed by Hibs.

Celtc players have at least three blatant dives, two of them in the box, but not one of them is even warned, never mind booked.

The ref had a good game? Seriously?

Iggy Pope
21-04-2019, 08:17 PM
It was right in front of me. Lustig's playacting was pathetic but the irony is that he didn't need to do that because Mallan's challenge was a booking for going in with his studs showing. Irrelevant if there was contact or not.

Lustig had no studs showing you reckon?

greenginger
21-04-2019, 08:19 PM
I think I saw a stat that said Celtic committed 2 fouls. The ref gave them every 50/50 and was very quick to get his cards out when we fouled.

3 fouls in 96 minutes according to BBC stats.

matty_f
21-04-2019, 08:20 PM

That's some going.

Billy Whizz
21-04-2019, 08:21 PM

Did Hibs not get one freekick after 5 mins at Celtic Park last season

WeeRussell
21-04-2019, 08:24 PM
Hanlon and Stevenson bookings - fair enough
Kamberi - stupid and deserved booking (Brown could have been booked during same incident)
Mallan - harsh booking
Omeonga - joke of a decision to card him

neil7908
21-04-2019, 08:33 PM
We got 5 bookings from 11 fouls. I look forward to seeing that ratio being implemented across all the league fixtures, including the next Old Firm game.

Also, only 3 fouls in 95 minutes is unprecedented. If this happened to Celtic playing in Europe we'd be hearing about how terrible the refs are. In Scotland though it is doesn't even warrant a mention.

greenlex
21-04-2019, 08:39 PM
That’s how I saw it too. Mallan had to make the challenge but his stud were up. The ref had to make a decision. I think a booking was correct as he wasn’t really in control even tho he got the ball. Lustig was pathetic as were the other players asking for a red.

dalkeith stu
21-04-2019, 09:10 PM

He did, because he didn't book him for leaving the leg dangling to win a penalty!!!

kaimendhibs
21-04-2019, 09:13 PM
Thought the ref was pretty decent today. I can't think of too many bad decisions.He was utterly honking

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

J-C
21-04-2019, 09:15 PM
The same as every other ref I've watched this season, absolutely honking and tantamount to being a cheat like all the rest.

Seveno
21-04-2019, 09:18 PM
I thought that the referee was very consistent. Unfortunately, he was consistently biased in Celtic’s favour.

Ringothedog
21-04-2019, 09:20 PM
No he wasn't

You have your opinion and I have mine. I think he was brutal and affected the game by making poor decisions mostly against Hibs

ancient hibee
21-04-2019, 09:21 PM
Glad to hear Richard Gordon calling out Lustig on the radio on my way home.He thought it was a dreadful bit of play acting.

The 90+2
21-04-2019, 09:22 PM
It was a fiercely contested game. Yet they get shree fouls against them the whole game and no booking for a blatant dive? The actual state of a couple of them faking injury too as embarrassing as their songs. What a riddy.

The 90+2
21-04-2019, 09:24 PM
Glad to hear Richard Gordon calling out Lustig on the radio on my way home.He thought it was a dreadful bit of play acting.

I think that’s because he hates Lennon because he’s ginger.

Geo_1875
21-04-2019, 09:29 PM

And Scott McDonald saying it's now part of the game. How can they have a pundit who's still playing saying that cheating is acceptable? He's surely got to be bringing the game into disrepute.

Callyballybe
21-04-2019, 09:36 PM
I normally try and stay away from commenting on refs, but I have to say I thought he was shockingly inconsistent today.

overdrive
21-04-2019, 09:56 PM
He looked like he wanted to hook McNulty square in the jaw when he was down injured at the end. He was trying to force him off the pitch whilst the physio was still working on him. Unprofessional, incompetent snake.

Squealing pig
21-04-2019, 09:59 PM
Very poor , worst I’ve seen in a while and that’s saying something

Forza Fred
21-04-2019, 10:48 PM
I thought he was influenced in a couple of decisions by outside factors...not sure whether it was the Sellick support baying for blood, or a few words in his earpiece by the fourth official or whomever is on the other end, but a couple of his bookings did seem to have a few seconds delay.

gaz1875
21-04-2019, 10:53 PM
Was there not a blatant pass back that wasn't given second half?

BILLYHIBS
21-04-2019, 10:54 PM
What about HIBS gave the ball back to Celtic second half after they put the ball out of play being sporting after a HIBS injury HIBS player boots it to Bain who makes a mess of the passback and knocks it out for a cornerkick Ref tells him to take a goal kick instead :confused:

Rules are rules?

:dunno:

hibbysam
21-04-2019, 11:09 PM
What about HIBS gave the ball back to Celtic second half after they put the ball out of play being sporting after a HIBS injury HIBS player boots it to Bain who makes a mess of the passback and knocks it out for a cornerkick Ref tells him to take a goal kick instead :confused:

Rules are rules?

:dunno:

Exactly. Bain made an arse of it yet somehow got to take a goal kick, best of it is no one will even mention it. Reminded me of my game yesterday. I play in goals and got clattered, ref refused to stop it til I put the ball out (nearest place was bye line), got treatment (after being told to get up), ref drops it in 6 yard box and tells player to put it out for a goal kick. I stopped it from going out, picked it up and got booked for dissent 😂

HibeeHibernian4
21-04-2019, 11:14 PM
Did Hibs not get one freekick after 5 mins at Celtic Park last season

It was this season, Don Robertson with the whistle that day. 2 free kicks in the first fourteen minutes and not a single one for the rest of the game. Celtic, by contrast, were awarded 18 free kicks.

BILLYHIBS
21-04-2019, 11:26 PM
It was this season, Don Robertson with the whistle that day. 2 free kicks in the first fourteen minutes and not a single one for the rest of the game. Celtic, by contrast, were awarded 18 free kicks.

By the laws of averages and probability should never happen mathematically unless of course there is bias involved.... 80 minutes without a free kick awarded to HIBS :confused:

wookie70
21-04-2019, 11:35 PM
One goal kick at least taken with opposing players in the box. He was very inconsistent today and the Mallan booking was very poor at least watching it live

HibeeHibernian4
21-04-2019, 11:39 PM
By the laws of averages and probability should never happen mathematically unless of course there is bias involved.... 80 minutes without a free kick awarded to HIBS :confused:

I'm just waiting for the two games in a single season where Celtic are only given two and three free kicks over 180 minutes against us. Sure it'll be due any day now. :rolleyes:

basehibby
21-04-2019, 11:46 PM
That’s how I saw it too. Mallan had to make the challenge but his stud were up. The ref had to make a decision. I think a booking was correct as he wasn’t really in control even tho he got the ball. Lustig was pathetic as were the other players asking for a red.

From where I saw it - it was Mallan's ball all day long. He got there first and won the ball as you would expect. Lustig comes flying in and collides and somehow the ref sees this as a foul for Celtic and a card for Mallan - mystifying!

staunchhibby
22-04-2019, 06:20 AM
Same with corner kicks don't think I seen one of celtic taken from within the arc as per rules.

Onceinawhile
22-04-2019, 06:28 AM
Same with corner kicks don't think I seen one of celtic taken from within the arc as per rules.

It doesn't need to be taken within the arc. Part of the ball needs to be touching part of the arc. That's all.

JimBHibees
22-04-2019, 06:39 AM
Brown slaps Omeonga with his arm, both players get spoken to by ref.

Celtc get a free-kick for a handball that never was. Ref ignores handball by Celtc player.

Ref gives a grand total of two fouls and no yellow cards against Celtc but gives a booking for every second foul committed by Hibs.

Celtc players have at least three blatant dives, two of them in the box, but not one of them is even warned, never mind booked.

The ref had a good game? Seriously?

Pretty much my take on it also. Thought he was awful, Hayes dive early doors was a joke not to be punished and they knew every little foul was going their way. May as well have given Scott Brown the whistle.

Waxy
22-04-2019, 06:46 AM
Mallans booking was wrong imo. He won the ball. Other than that its around 50/50. Mallan got booked for winning the ball.

Just Jimmy
22-04-2019, 06:49 AM
Looked like any other member of the Celtic squad - we get 5 yellow cards out of 11 fouls !?!?whilst I agree with the sentiment and think the ref was poor, hanlon and stevensons yellows were beyond dispute. omeyonga was probably a yellow too. mallons was a joke as the ref bought lustig and the benches reaction. kamberi was just daft to get his.

not really too much to argue about. they got away with murder however.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
22-04-2019, 07:25 AM
Mallans booking was wrong imo. He won the ball. Other than that its around 50/50. Mallan got booked for winning the ball.

Waxy, how long have you been watching football?

It's been years since the "he won the ball first" argument was acceptable.

If it's deemed to have been done in a dangerous or reckless manner then it's a foul and most likely a card.

Heisenberg
22-04-2019, 07:27 AM

If it's deemed to have been done in a dangerous or reckless manner then it's a foul and most likely a card.

It wasn’t dangerous or reckless for me. He won the ball first and Lustig came in late from what I can remember.

SquashedFrogg
22-04-2019, 07:31 AM
It wasn’t dangerous or reckless for me. He won the ball first and Lustig came in late from what I can remember.

Completely. It was a player feigning injury and a manger who can't control himself that got Mallan booked.

CockneyRebel
22-04-2019, 07:39 AM

Mallan won the ball and THEN Lustig collided with Mallan - I reckon booking should have gone the other way as it was pretty obvious Mallan was getting there first. As it occurred right in front of Lennon his reaction influenced the decision IMO.

Waxy
22-04-2019, 08:10 AM

I have to disagree.Lustig was late in the challenge. Unlucky for him he came off worse.Dont think Mallan won the ball in an unacceptable way.

Eyrie
22-04-2019, 09:30 AM

Completely. It was a player feigning injury and a manger who can't control himself that got Mallan booked.

Mallan won the ball and THEN Lustig collided with Mallan - I reckon booking should have gone the other way as it was pretty obvious Mallan was getting there first. As it occurred right in front of Lennon his reaction influenced the decision IMO.

I have to disagree.Lustig was late in the challenge. Unlucky for him he came off worse.Dont think Mallan won the ball in an unacceptable way.

The TV replays confirm what all five of us saw live.

The sequence of events was Mallan to ball, Lustig to Mallan, Lustig to cheat, Walsh to pocket and Oscar to Lustig. With an honourable mention for the healing properties of the yellow card.

talcy
22-04-2019, 09:34 AM

The sequence of events was Mallan to ball, Lustig to Mallan, Lustig to cheat, Walsh to pocket and Oscar to Lustig. With an honourable mention for the healing properties of the yellow card.

Followed up by it being airbrushed out of existence by not being shown on BBC Sportscene.

Or any time spent reviewing Hayes dive early doors, Brown's pathetic attempt to win a penalty or Sinclair's collapse in the box late on.

All on the same show that has seen fit to highlight other players misdemeanours and openly suggest the Compliance Officer might want to take a look.

How strange.

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2019, 10:01 AM
And Scott McDonald saying it's now part of the game. How can they have a pundit who's still playing saying that cheating is acceptable? He's surely got to be bringing the game into disrepute.

He didn’t say it was right, just that it’s part of the game. Unfortunately it is, just like “there was contact so I’m entitled to go down” is part of the game.

hibbysam
22-04-2019, 04:19 PM
He didn’t say it was right, just that it’s part of the game. Unfortunately it is, just like “there was contact so I’m entitled to go down” is part of the game.

He basically did when he said he does it himself. ‘Annoying when people do it against you but then there are times you do it yourself and it’s fine’.

greenlex
22-04-2019, 09:56 PM

All true but Mallan risked a booking ir worse by going into the challenge like that. The ref sees it once and has to make the call. The acting from Lustig and arm waving from Lennon and the rest of the players no doubt influenced that but the interpretation these days is that you go into a challenge that forcefully with your studs showing then it’s dangerous and probably a booking. There doesn’t even need to be contact. I don’t agree with it but that’s how it is.