PDA

View Full Version : Steven McLean

PatHead
21-04-2019, 05:52 PM
Gave the "up you" sign to two stands yesterday. Wonder if he will be treated the same as our Leigh?

H18 SFR
21-04-2019, 05:53 PM
Gave the "up you" sign to two stands yesterday. Wonder if he will be treated the same as our Leigh?

In the interests of consistency I would expect so.

tamig
21-04-2019, 07:12 PM

No wonder Stevie Clarke was going radge at him in his interview. Crazy behaviour from a ref.

Billy Whizz
21-04-2019, 07:13 PM

Seemingly does it every time he scores, its for his dad

iwasthere1972
21-04-2019, 07:14 PM

The story is that the :giruy2: was aimed at his dad who was in one of the stands.

Hermit Crab
21-04-2019, 07:15 PM
I got told he is a Hibs fan, is that true?

theonlywayisup
21-04-2019, 07:22 PM
No wonder Stevie Clarke was going radge at him in his interview. Crazy behaviour from a ref.

Was impressed with him at the Cup Final, but he's been poor since.

calumhibee1
21-04-2019, 07:28 PM

Should be getting banned for it every time then.

BoomtownHibees
21-04-2019, 07:31 PM

His Dad must have been sitting in 2 separate stands yesterday

Shrekko
21-04-2019, 07:33 PM
The story is that the :giruy2: was aimed at his dad who was in one of the stands.

Think there’s a desperate attempt to cover up what he really meant yesterday. He has apparently gestured to his Dad once previously but no way in the world is that his normal celebration!

He did it to two stands so maybe he’s got 2 Dads?😂

He’d been booed seconds earlier for a bad pass. Seems a co-incidence.

Libby Hibby
21-04-2019, 07:42 PM
An absolute cover up of a story...he’s been getting it tight big time from the Orks and this was his response to them.

HoboHarry
21-04-2019, 07:45 PM

Who does what when who scores? This thread isn't making sense to me?

iwasthere1972
21-04-2019, 07:51 PM

https://youtu.be/NI3OyhBj76U

At 2mins 40secs.

Sir David Gray
21-04-2019, 07:51 PM

McLean gave a GIRUY gesture to the home support after he scored yesterday.

O'Rourke3
21-04-2019, 07:53 PM
Who does what when who scores? This thread isn't making sense to me?The Jambo player, not the anti Killie referee...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

PatHead
21-04-2019, 07:54 PM

His dad sits in the main stand. He gestured to the other two stands. Got pelters from hearts supporters and obviously trying to cover his tracks.

Topographic Hibby
Who does what when who scores? This thread isn't making sense to me?Its very clear.

When Steven McLean scores, he sends off three players then gestures to his Dad in the Hearts stand who used to play for Kilmarnock and also to his other Dad in some other stand, since Stevie Clarke doesn’t rate him very highly as a referee or a player when he was at St Johnstone. Neither do Hearts fans who don’t like his holdup play or the fact that he let Sir David Gray’s goal stand in the 2016 Cup Final, a game some might recall.

It’s not like we are talking about two different Steven McLeans, or are we?

BILLYHIBS
Stevie Clarke back up before the SFA beaks after his outburst / personal attack on the Ref nothing surer

” The worst refereeing performance of my career and it’s been a long one.”

HoboHarry
21-04-2019, 08:06 PM
Its very clear.

When Steven McLean scores, he sends off three players then gestures to his Dad in the Hearts stand who used to play for Kilmarnock and also to his other Dad in some other stand, since Stevie Clarke doesn’t rate him very highly as a referee or a player when he was at St Johnstone. Neither do Hearts fans who don’t like his holdup play or the fact that he let Sir David Gray’s goal stand in the 2016 Cup Final, a game some might recall.

Ah, there you are, cleared that up beautifully....😁

Carheenlea
21-04-2019, 08:17 PM
His dad sits in the main stand. He gestured to the other two stands. Got pelters from hearts supporters and obviously trying to cover his tracks.

His dad was at one time a home and away Hibs supporter, then annoyingly started wearing a Rangers jacket about town when his son signed for the Huns. Maybe one gesture each for Dads Hibs/Rangers past. He went to Easter Road as a kid himself, so there’s a few good excuses for giving them out!

The Spaceman
21-04-2019, 08:23 PM
Apparently he did this when he was at Saints as well.

cmcd
21-04-2019, 08:53 PM
I got told he is a Hibs fan, is that true?

He was a Hibs fan in his younger days .His Dad Gus has followed him wherever he has played

tamig
21-04-2019, 10:47 PM
Its very clear.

Summed it up perfectly 😀

BILLYHIBS
21-04-2019, 10:59 PM
Was impressed with him at the Cup Final, but he's been poor since.

How the f#*k did he give that free kick to The Rangers our way in the 94th minute?

:cup:

:scarf:

Since452
21-04-2019, 11:16 PM
How the f#*k did he give that free kick to The Rangers our way in the 94th minute?

:cup:

:scarf:

God knows but it was only then i started to think we'd won it and let myself get excited. Thanks Mr McLean.