PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi

Weegreenman
21-04-2019, 04:13 PM
I absolutely raved about this lad last season, so I’m baffled as to why he looks like half the player he was then.
He must be in real danger of being pulled from the starting line up. I know we had a decent performance today but I feel it needs to be addressed. Why is he so poor at the minute?

ancient hibee
21-04-2019, 04:19 PM
He’s not poor and clearly we don’t play two upfront like we did .His role is totally different.

Aldo
21-04-2019, 04:26 PM
I absolutely raved about this lad last season, so I’m baffled as to why he looks like half the player he was then.
He must be in real danger of being pulled from the starting line up. I know we had a decent performance today but I feel it needs to be addressed. Why is he so poor at the minute?

He’s not poor just doing what the manager is asking of him. Sparky is being asked to spearhead the attack so Flo is playing his part.

I think I’ll let PH decide how he’s playing and what his role is during a game.

Think he’ll score next week against that mob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posh Hibby
21-04-2019, 04:32 PM
Think it's a fair point from OP. I don't think we are seeing the best of him.

Not sure what the answer is as he wasn't playing at his best up front earlier in the season either.

3pm
21-04-2019, 04:33 PM
I think he’s poor.

Centre Hawf
21-04-2019, 04:33 PM
I can see why some don't think he's done much recently. But he is being asked to graft under PH and I think the thing I'm enjoying is his enthusiasm to do so with little return and media praise. Suggests that PH is showing him the love he needs. Hopefully next season when we have a full squad and some signings in he flourishes in the goal scoring charts again. Might see him move centrally again.

Golden Bear
21-04-2019, 04:38 PM
For some reason he never seems to be in total control of the ball when he has possession. Can't say I noticed the same thing last season.

kaimendhibs
21-04-2019, 04:44 PM
I think he's poor.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Unseen work
21-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Last season he was quick, strong, skilful and pretty clinical. He could drive past several men with skill and his performance in the final game against rangers, first half especially was outstanding

This season he seems to have bulked up a fair bit and rarely beats his man.

I would say the main thing is his decision making, this season he seems to be trying the hardest thing possible (like his shot today before he went off) last season he would hold it up, beat a man and lay it off

His touch does seem poor lately.

Hopefully next season he gets his sharpness back and recreates the form of his first 6 months.

Bare in mind he also had McGinn, Mcgeouch, Allan, Boyle, Barker and Ambrose supplying him with very good service.

PeeJay
21-04-2019, 04:46 PM
Kamberi is the least of our problems ...

Hibernian32
21-04-2019, 04:47 PM
Love the fact he stuck up for Omeonga when brown gave him that panto look after the tumble. Stupid yellow but it showed togetherness get it right up that rocket

Hibeesmad
21-04-2019, 04:48 PM
Thought he would have stepped up when Lennon left but he hasn't really done a lot more tbh. If Hecky feels as if he can get better in then I think he may be away in the summer.

GoalsMcGinley
21-04-2019, 04:49 PM
He’s just technically not that great a footballer or a natural finisher. His decision making in the final 3rd is infuriating at best. Shadow of the player we had on loan.

Bobby's Cinema
21-04-2019, 04:51 PM
Not sure what PH thinks we get from him in that position.

Not great defensively leaving Lewis with two men a lot of the time and not great going forward.

Either work with with MM upfront and press the game or be a left midfielder prepared to track back he was sort of did neither and was in between all day for me.

Pretty Boy
21-04-2019, 04:51 PM
I like Kamberi a lot but I thought he was poor today even allowing for him being asked to do more on the defensive side of the game. He just seemed slow to react to anything and his movement to create space wasn't great.

I gave Shaw a bit stick for the chances he missed and his hesitancy in the box but on reflection at least he actually got into those positions. Kamberi rarely looked a threat.

Ronniekirk
21-04-2019, 04:59 PM
He’s not poor just doing what the manager is asking of him. Sparky is being asked to spearhead the attack so Flo is playing his part.

I think I’ll let PH decide how he’s playing and what his role is during a game.

Think he’ll score next week against that mob

That’s true but today he didn’t do a lot and given his scoring record v Celtic it’s a waste not to see him get into scoring positions

Diclonius
21-04-2019, 05:02 PM
If he doesn't score in the next couple games then I can see Agyepong/Gauld starting ahead of him.

Billy Whizz
21-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Love the fact he stuck up for Omeonga when brown gave him that panto look after the tumble. Stupid yellow but it showed togetherness get it right up that rocket

Think he’s now a booking away from a ban

Borderhibbie76
21-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Criticism of him on this thread is a bit OTT...hes playing an unfamiliar role for the good of team. I agree he wasn't very good today but give the guy a break it's not really his position hes playing at moment

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
21-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Think he’s now a booking away from a ban

Great time for Gauld and Agyepong to be back

Brightside
21-04-2019, 05:10 PM
He is being asked to do a job that he wouldnt naturally do.. No issue with him in the current set up.

SunshineOnLeith
21-04-2019, 05:13 PM
He's learning a new position and panning his nut in doing so. More than happy with his contribution under Hecky thus far.

Nakedmanoncrack
21-04-2019, 05:14 PM
He's learning a new position and panning his nut in doing so. More than happy with his contribution under Hecky thus far.

Me too, some folk have it for him regardless and can only ever see a negative.

bigwheel
21-04-2019, 05:20 PM
Not a fan tbh...doesn't make great decisions - too selfish today when he had two in the box to square to...and to me, he is often caught on his heels. Certainly works harder under the new manager though . And I accept he is not playing in his natural role. Will be surprised if he is our starting forward next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eyrie
21-04-2019, 05:24 PM
Not a fan tbh...doesn't make great decisions - too selfish today when he had two in the box to square to...and to me, he is often caught on his heels. Certainly works harder under the new manager though . And I accept he is not playing in his natural role. Will be surprised if he is our starting forward next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If we don't get McNulty back then Kamberi is the obvious choice to lead the line. Be interesting to see how he gets on under Heckingbottom with Allan feeding him rather than being used as a target man.

CMurdoch
21-04-2019, 05:25 PM

Getting booked in the 1st half for getting needlessly involved with Brown was the only stupid thing a Hibs player did in an excellent first 45 minutes. Omeonga was enjoying himself and wasn't in need of his intervention.
Had Kamberi got a second booking like he did at Hearts, he could have blown all the hard work of his team out the window.
Needs to wind his neck in at times and behave like a professional sportsman rather than a gullible fool.

Re his play, he is doing what the manager has told him to do and is making the team every week so the manager must be happy with his contribution.

The Spaceman
21-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Wasn't he a left winger at Grasshoppers?

I like Flo and think once (if!) we get him playing centrally again with another striker off him, he will be back. Criticism is OTT.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-04-2019, 05:31 PM
If Oli's first chance had fallen to Flo , he would have hit it first time
Not really sure what he is doing so far to the left , but if Hecky sets his team up like that he has to live with it. If McNulty goes back to Reading, then it could be Flo in the middle and someone else on the left for next season.

Weegreenman
21-04-2019, 05:36 PM
Not sure what PH thinks we get from him in that position.

Not great defensively leaving Lewis with two men a lot of the time and not great going forward.

Either work with with MM upfront and press the game or be a left midfielder prepared to track back he was sort of did neither and was in between all day for me.

I noticed he allowed players to go beyond him on more than a few occasions leaving Lewis exposed.

Weegreenman
21-04-2019, 05:37 PM
The
Me too, some folk have it for him regardless and can only ever see a negative.

Oh give it a rest. He’s quite clearly struggling for whatever reason. Nobody has it in for him.

Smartie
21-04-2019, 05:38 PM
I thought he did fine.

Again.

Weegreenman
21-04-2019, 05:39 PM
He’s not poor and clearly we don’t play two upfront like we did .His role is totally different.

You must be watching a different game from me. He’s been poor for a good while now. He’s better than what we are currently seeing.

WeeRussell
21-04-2019, 05:40 PM
Always been a big fan of Flo but I don’t think he had a great game today. However I’d much prefer to see him back up top and alongside McNulty.

Can hardly argue with the way Hecky is managing at this point though.

Weegreenman
21-04-2019, 05:42 PM
He’s just technically not that great a footballer or a natural finisher. His decision making in the final 3rd is infuriating at best. Shadow of the player we had on loan.

Couldn’t agree more regards his decision making. There was one incident today we’re he could have passed to Omeonga and put him in one on one but instead he went in the opposite direction and ballooned a shot high and wide.

Weegreenman
21-04-2019, 05:44 PM
I like Kamberi a lot but I thought he was poor today even allowing for him being asked to do more on the defensive side of the game. He just seemed slow to react to anything and his movement to create space wasn't great.

I gave Shaw a bit stick for the chances he missed and his hesitancy in the box but on reflection at least he actually got into those positions. Kamberi rarely looked a threat.

Agree with this. I’d like to see Shaw given more game time tbh.

Jack Hackett
21-04-2019, 05:46 PM

I think it's down to the different people he's playing with. No McGinn, Allan or McGeoch this time around. I'd wait and see what Allans' return brings to his game next season

Garymcl
21-04-2019, 05:46 PM
He’s not as effective as last season playing out of position doesn’t help most importantly if he’s in the team we must get right behind him and any other player who’s playing!!! Ggtth

BoomtownHibees
21-04-2019, 05:48 PM
He’s part of a team that has gone 9 games unbeaten, playing out of position, so is doing something right

RMQ1967
21-04-2019, 05:49 PM
You must be watching a different game from me. He’s been poor for a good while now. He’s better than what we are currently seeing.

He was utterly brutal today. Contributes nothing to the team most weeks now. Lazy lazy player who seems to be going through the motions. Was delighted when the was hauled off today & needs a spell out of the team.

Shrekko
21-04-2019, 05:52 PM
He’s played great since the new manager came in but been quiet the last couple of games.

Not sure why folk are saying it’s an unfamiliar role ... it’s been said umpteen times that’s hes played on the left before.

He’s worked hard recently and he’ll get his rewards soon enough. Him and McNulty are as good a pair of strikers as we’ve had recently.

lyonhibs
21-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Those calling him lazy are, I can only surmise, suffering from glaucoma. If anything, he was back in the left wing back position too often. He's not the most rapid with the ball and ideally would be up top as 1 of a 2. The threat from wide areas from Celtic needed nullified and he played his role there.

Did slow it down unnecessarily on a couple of occasions but still played his part in a good team performance.

Since452
21-04-2019, 05:55 PM
I can see where people are coming from regarding his performances. Concerns me slightly that McNulty will be away in the summer and we'll be left with Flo and Shaw who i don't think is good enough for this level. Sure it'll all be under control though.

Weegreenman
21-04-2019, 06:01 PM
I can see where people are coming from regarding his performances. Concerns me slightly that McNulty will be away in the summer and we'll be left with Flo and Shaw who i don't think is good enough for this level. Sure it'll all be under control though.

McNulty is a proper striker/player. Hungry for goals, chases everything down, and not scared to put himself about.

Flo and Shaw up top next season is a worrying thought.

Brightside
He was utterly brutal today. Contributes nothing to the team most weeks now. Lazy lazy player who seems to be going through the motions. Was delighted when the was hauled off today & needs a spell out of the team.

Rubbish

silverhibee
I think he’s poor.

Looks like he is a tad overweight, when running he looks like he is towing a caravan.

BILLYHIBS
21-04-2019, 06:08 PM
Thought he had an absolute shocker today seems to struggle with eye to ball coordination and what is going on around about him takes an age to turn with the ball needs to be rested or dropped for me

Big question mark on his starting place for next season in my book

I thought he might have been up for it and more direct being up against NL

Kevvy1875
21-04-2019, 06:26 PM
I think Flo has been doing OK. I hear a lot of whinging that he is being lazy etc but I don't see that at all. Certainly not as effective as last season but he is doing his bit IMO.

RMQ1967
21-04-2019, 06:38 PM
Rubbish

It's true. I was so delighted he got hauled off that I cheered madly. The boy brutal & getting worse!

Borderhibbie76
21-04-2019, 07:43 PM
It's true. I was so delighted he got hauled off that I cheered madly. The boy brutal & getting worse!U are either on the wind up or I smell Yam...have a word coz if your a hibs fan u certainly hide it well

eastcoasthibby
21-04-2019, 07:59 PM
I think Kamberi is eing asked to do a job thats totally alien to him and while trying to do his bit, hes just not got the natural.aspect of playing the role. Also I am not sure he is a very intelligent player, or that quick thinking, some of the tings he does during games really makes me wonder and during the summer he needs to get to work.on his touch cos its poor ...look forward.to.seeing himback playing as a centre.forward next season though

Jones28
21-04-2019, 08:00 PM

Lazy 😂

If Flo Kamberi is anything it is most certainly not lazy.

What he is is a right footed striker being asked to play as a left winger/left attacking midfielder. He isn't going to be putting the ball in the back of the net week in week out but he applied himself really well today. Picked up a silly booking but otherwise thought he was fine.

Billy Whizz
21-04-2019, 08:01 PM
It’s amazing how we always find negativity in a positive team performance
Yes we always want better, but as many others have pointed out, he’s playing in a position to help the team

RIP
21-04-2019, 08:04 PM
Looks like he is a tad overweight, when running he looks like he is towing a caravan.

This in a nutshell.

He was falling out of favour with the sports science team under Lennon for doing a ‘Garry O’Connor’ i.e. having a poor diet and not hitting fitness targets. This led to an underperformance in training and a lack of running stamina on match day.

His story is similar to David Wotherspoon who bulked up and lost pace during his last year at Hibs. When he went to St Johnstone the first thing they did was slim him down and regain his sprint speed.

Kamberi’s backside and thighs are now so big he has to swing his arms furiously to get going. That’s why he can’t escape defenders like he did last season

Iggy Pope
21-04-2019, 08:04 PM
It's true. I was so delighted he got hauled off that I cheered madly. The boy brutal & getting worse!

You must be a delight to sit beside. Still got all your own teeth?

J-C
21-04-2019, 08:08 PM
He is being asked to do a job that he wouldnt naturally do.. No issue with him in the current set up.

Wasn't he a left winger at Grasshoppers?

I like Flo and think once (if!) we get him playing centrally again with another striker off him, he will be back. Criticism is OTT.

In one of Hecky's interviews he stated that Flo started as a left sided attacker at Grasshopper's, his performances have been very up and down this season and since PH came in he's worked hard in most games for the team but today he was pretty poor. Didn't track back, rarely ran into channels and on a few occasions was slow to reacted to the ball around him, made for a very frustrating day knowing he can do so much better.

Unseen work
21-04-2019, 08:40 PM
Kamberi certainly isn’t overweight, fat or culpable of a poor diet.

He is in excellent condition and has a bloody 8 pack.

He has bulked up this season for sure, maybe he is more effective with a leaner physique to the more muscular one he currently has.

RMQ1967
21-04-2019, 08:57 PM
You must be a delight to sit beside. Still got all your own teeth?

You might have heard me Stevie - I'm not so far from you :wink:

The 90+2
21-04-2019, 09:09 PM
His attitude today was brilliant in a different position. Fair play to him. There was times he chased back big time. Great attitude and would have scored if played in by Omeonga in the first half.

ancient hibee
21-04-2019, 09:16 PM
It’s amazing isn’t it .Last time out he was closely involved in what many said was the goal of the season to beatHearts.Yet it seems he’s not interested and hopeless and doesn’t try.A fortnight is certainly a lifetime in football.

The 90+2
21-04-2019, 09:19 PM
It’s amazing isn’t it .Last time out he was closely involved in what many said was the goal of the season to beatHearts.Yet it seems he’s not interested and hopeless and doesn’t try.A fortnight is certainly a lifetime in football.

Isn’t it amazing we draw with the best side in the country yet people want to rip our MVP?

ancient hibee
21-04-2019, 09:23 PM
Isn’t it amazing we draw with the best side in the country yet people want to rip our MVP?
Some people aren’t happy unless they’re unhappy about something.

The 90+2
21-04-2019, 09:24 PM
Some people aren’t happy unless they’re unhappy about something.

Correct, Sir.

Shrekko
21-04-2019, 09:26 PM

Cmon!! He’s won me over again recently but he is never our most valuable player this season - absolutely no way. Too hit and miss despite his talent.

Marciano, Gray, Stevenson, McGregor, McNulty, Mallan, and Horgan have all been at least as important, and probably 1 or 2 others!!

Edit: I do agree that nobody should be criticised today though!

Borderhibbie76
21-04-2019, 09:27 PM
Kenny Millar has tweeted to say hes the last player to leave the Training field every day and the ultimate pro...yet some on here call him lazy??? Also said he cant believe some on the criticism of flo on here and social media

B.H.F.C
21-04-2019, 09:29 PM
Kamberi annoys me. I think he’s better than what he has shown this season.

I get he’s playing out of position but when he was playing in position he was hardly excelling this season.

I think there has been too many excuses made for him. He’s out of position, the manager shouting at him or whatever. But I think he needs to want it more. I think he needs to show more desire to get in to the box and score a goal. I’m no fan of Shaw really, but at least he got himself in to threatening positions. There were balls in to the box today where he should have been getting in at the back post, like his goal against The Rangers, but he was 20 or 30 yards away.

JohnM1875
21-04-2019, 09:30 PM
For the folk saying he's overweight, are you for real?! Have you seen the guys Instagram? (Platform for posting picture. In case the older guys were wondering).

Flo has like, an 8 pack. Lean and full of muscle. He's just lacking something and I don't know what.

RMQ1967
21-04-2019, 09:31 PM
Kenny Millar has tweeted to say hes the last player to leave the Training field every day and the ultimate pro...yet some on here call him lazy??? Also said he cant believe some on the criticism of flo on here and social media

If he watched him on the pitch maybe he'd understand why.

The 90+2
21-04-2019, 09:31 PM
Cmon!! He’s won me over again recently but he is never our most valuable player this season - absolutely no way. Too hit and miss despite his talent.

Marciano, Gray, Stevenson, McGregor, McNulty, Mallan, and Horgan have all been at least as important, and probably 1 or 2 others!!

Edit: I do agree that nobody should be criticised today though!

I meant in terms of actual value £ wise mate. I would completely agree with your post also. Flo’ is our most valuable asset then I should have worded. Valuable player would be always Sir David then Rocky who’s pushed Lewis into third.

The 90+2
21-04-2019, 09:34 PM

Did you not see him track back 40 yards at least 3 times today? He was basically playing left mid at times today and there was no complaining. Boy has it, and he’s taking one for the team because he believes in Hecky and it’s telling.

Shrekko
21-04-2019, 09:36 PM
I meant in terms of actual value £ wise mate. I would completely agree with your post also. Flo’ is our most valuable asset then I should have worded. Valuable player would be always Sir David then Rocky who’s pushed Lewis into third.

Yeah that’s fair enough - I think potentially as a striker he probably would be worth most if he gets on a hot steak again.

Rocky may be the one who starts to attract potentially big money suitors now though ... and Porteous will go for a few quid once fit.

The 90+2
21-04-2019, 09:40 PM
Yeah that’s fair enough - I think potentially as a striker he probably would be worth most if he gets on a hot steak again.

Rocky may be the one who starts to attract potentially big money suitors now though ... and Porteous will go for a few quid once fit.

Can’t argue mate. 👍

B.H.F.C
21-04-2019, 09:45 PM

Is he really that valuable? How much would we get for him?

I thought when we signed him permanently he’d be here for a year and we would make a big profit on him. I’m not seeing that just now though.

proud_and_green
21-04-2019, 09:49 PM
I thought he started very brightly he started the move which nearly got us a goal in the first 5 minutes. But he did drift in and after that and was better going forward than defending. He should have passed to Omeonga in the second half but similarly Omeonga was guilty twice of under playing a pass in the second half.
I think he is doing OK but could do better...!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

The 90+2
21-04-2019, 09:49 PM

I thought when we signed him permanently he’d be here for a year and we would make a big profit on him. I’m not seeing that just now though.

He’s had a poor season, confidence player had a massive fall out with a manager and is now adding stuff to His game, I believe Hecky is making him a better player and the players trust in him. He will go for next money and he might not be scoring as much but he’s still in the positions - play him in the first half we score.

Onceinawhile
21-04-2019, 09:50 PM
Playing ok as part of a team that's playing well overall. He's scoring about as frequently as Mcnulty is, e.g. Roughly never.

The 90+2
21-04-2019, 09:51 PM
I thought he started very brightly he started the move which nearly got us a goal in the first 5 minutes. But he did drift in and after that and was better going forward than defending. He should have passed to Omeonga in the second half but similarly Omeonga was guilty twice of under playing a pass in the second half.
I think he is doing OK but could do better...!

Omeonga should have played him in instead of hitting the shot, Flos movement was brilliant.

BILLYHIBS
21-04-2019, 09:55 PM
Omeonga should have played him in instead of hitting the shot, Flos movement was brilliant.
:aok:

B.H.F.C
21-04-2019, 10:02 PM
He’s had a poor season, confidence player had a massive fall out with a manager and is now adding stuff to His game, I believe Hecky is making him a better player and the players trust in him. He will go for next money and he might not be scoring as much but he’s still in the positions - play him in the first half we score.

Agree Omeonga should have played him in. We might have scored from there, might not. Generally, I don’t think he is in scoring positions enough though. He’s not even really been close to scoring very often of late.

If Boyle was fit, Flo wouldn’t be playing at the moment IMO.

And I think he is a good player by the way. But he needs to show it.

RMQ1967
21-04-2019, 10:05 PM
Did you not see him track back 40 yards at least 3 times today? He was basically playing left mid at times today and there was no complaining. Boy has it, and he’s taking one for the team because he believes in Hecky and it’s telling.

I want the guy to do well. If running back a few times impressed you then great. I watched Horgan, McNulty Omeonga & others tearing up & down the pitch all game long - that impressed me. I don't see Kamberi putting in anything like the same effort.

Onceinawhile
21-04-2019, 10:11 PM

Slated for it by Andy walker for not bursting himself. Completely ignoring that if he'd been any further forward he'd have been offside.

basehibby
21-04-2019, 11:36 PM
For me Kamberi's main assets last season when he was banging them in for fun were power and pace with a good eye for goal rather than finesse and craft. He's quite capable of linking up and doing the basics well though and showed great instincts using that power and pace to get on the end of throughballs and finish. Undoubtably he benefited from great service from a wonderfully creative and industrious midfield and - no disrespect to our current midfield men who have been coming on to a great game themselves lately - Kamberi has not always had the same kind of service to feed off this season - he's had a harder job to do
Right now Heck is asking him to play wide left most of the time in a 4-5-1 and break forward when the time is right - he's showing great attitude but is still learning that role for me. Stick with him Hibbies - he'll come good again :thumbsup:

SMAXXA
21-04-2019, 11:41 PM
Looking after his team mates that’s the difference

JimBHibees
22-04-2019, 07:08 AM
Those calling him lazy are, I can only surmise, suffering from glaucoma. If anything, he was back in the left wing back position too often. He's not the most rapid with the ball and ideally would be up top as 1 of a 2. The threat from wide areas from Celtic needed nullified and he played his role there.

Did slow it down unnecessarily on a couple of occasions but still played his part in a good team performance.

Totally agree worked hard, gives up possession too easily at times but still did a good job for the team and a good goal threat to have.

neil7908
22-04-2019, 07:14 AM
I think he's suffered (for lack of a better word) from the managers preferred formation and McNulty coming in.

Last season his link up play with McGinn, McLaren, McGeouch and Allan in particular was stunning. Some of the quick passing and movement in and around the box was a joy to behold and got the very best out of both forwards.

We aren't playing that game anymore and I think he's being asked to do something that doesn't play to his strengths.

I'm really looking forward to Allan coming back over summer as he could well be pivotal to not just Flo but the whole team and our style of play.

Heisenberg
22-04-2019, 07:19 AM
Flo is doing a great job for the team and has played a massive role in our unbeaten league run. It’s astonishing the abuse he’ll get when the likes of Shaw gets away with the kind of performances he’s been putting in recently.

calumhibee1
22-04-2019, 07:34 AM
Kamberi certainly isn’t overweight, fat or culpable of a poor diet.

He is in excellent condition and has a bloody 8 pack.

He has bulked up this season for sure, maybe he is more effective with a leaner physique to the more muscular one he currently has.

Beat me to it :greengrin

The guy is ripped as ****. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s potentially in the best shape out of the whole squad.

Besties Debut
22-04-2019, 07:37 AM
Sticking Flo out on the left is not only nullifying his attacking threat but McNulty looks a poorer player up front on his own. It’s the one criticism I’ve got of Hecky so far

Heisenberg
22-04-2019, 07:39 AM
Sticking out on the left is not only nullifying his attacking threat but McNulty looks a poorer player up front on his own. It’s the one crirtism I’ve got of Hecky so far

I think McNulty has been tremendous as a lone striker. Works hard, holds the ball up and has remained a threat.

Gloucester Hibs
22-04-2019, 07:42 AM

That was my expectations too. He’s shown moments of class this season (twice v Celtic, away at Dundee) but never really sustained it like last season. Wouldn’t be dropping him just yet though.

Besties Debut
22-04-2019, 07:45 AM
I think McNulty has been tremendous as a lone striker. Works hard, holds the ball up and has remained a threat. Yesterday he was blowing out his arse with half an hour to go. He is a much better player with somebody beside him

green day
22-04-2019, 08:00 AM
Sticking Flo out on the left is not only nullifying his attacking threat but McNulty looks a poorer player up front on his own. It’s the one criticism I’ve got of Hecky so far

He is doing it for a reason though - we are struggling with Boyle and Agypongs injuries, so Flo is "filling in".

Clearly his preference is up front with McNulty as well, but the managers job is to win points - and if he thinks the change is merited (and so far, who can argue) then I am sure Flo will go with it for now.

Once Boyle is back, we have more options and I expect to see Kamberi back in the middle.

500miles
22-04-2019, 08:00 AM
In a 9 game unbeaten streak, sitting at the top of the form table, I'm satisfied that everyone is doing, at least, the job asked of them.

badabing67
22-04-2019, 08:16 AM
Think it's a fair point from OP. I don't think we are seeing the best of him.

Not sure what the answer is as he wasn't playing at his best up front earlier in the season either.

The answer is Scottie Allan :aok:

CRAZYHIBBY
22-04-2019, 09:17 AM
I wasn't at the game but from the highlights there were times when players opted to shoot themselves instead of playing him in

snedzuk
22-04-2019, 11:44 AM
I wasn't at the game but from the highlights there were times when players opted to shoot themselves instead of playing him in

No wonder the squads looking a bit thin.

Carheenlea
22-04-2019, 11:46 AM
In a 9 game unbeaten streak, sitting at the top of the form table, I'm satisfied that everyone is doing, at least, the job asked of them.

He wasn’t at his best yesterday, but has more than made his contrition to Heckingbottom’s excellent League start and unbeaten run.

Iggy Pope
22-04-2019, 11:56 AM
You might have heard me Stevie - I'm not so far from you :wink:

You must come up and say hello.

Allant1981
22-04-2019, 12:25 PM

He certainly isn't lazy, he must run a fair amount of Km's in a game, would be interesting to see the data

RMQ1967
22-04-2019, 01:41 PM
You must come up and say hello.

See you Sunday

Iggy Pope
22-04-2019, 01:42 PM
See you Sunday

Might still be warm. Warmer than the Faroes. I’d leave all yer Kamberi ***** at your seat though!

RMQ1967
22-04-2019, 01:52 PM
He certainly isn't lazy, he must run a fair amount of Km's in a game, would be interesting to see the data

Interesting that lots of people are defending him & probably an equal number slating him across many threads. Much of what he does at the moment; his poor decisions, his terrible control, daft flicks, his slowing up play could be overlooked if he was contributing something meaningful to games but I don't see what he brings. Hopefully he somehow gets back to what he was doing last season but right now he doesn't deserve a starting place.

RMQ1967
22-04-2019, 02:04 PM
Might still be warm. Warmer than the Faroes. I’d leave all yer Kamberi ***** at your seat though!

I'll debate it on here & jeer & cheer like everyone else ta. Hopefully another away day awaits and Kamberi has got his act together 😁

Iggy Pope
22-04-2019, 02:09 PM
I'll debate it on here & jeer & cheer like everyone else ta. Hopefully another away day awaits and Kamberi has got his act together 😁

Madly.

scooby
22-04-2019, 02:13 PM

Bang on the money, he looks a shadow of the player we had on loan, not sure if it's just lack of confidence.

ancient hibee
22-04-2019, 03:22 PM
Obviously the manager disagrees.

jacomo
23-04-2019, 10:55 AM

Can’t agree. He’s been in poor form this season but seen enough to suggest there is a real talent here.

Stevie Reid
23-04-2019, 11:36 AM
He's a very enigmatic footballer, certainly. I cannot for the life of me understand how many times he has played sublime, one touch flicks to lay the ball off/play someone in - yet most of the time it seems he can barely control a relatively simple ball to him. His first touch - and his second, quite often - is shocking.

I do like him, and believe he has contributed well over the last few weeks - though I'd be disappointed if this was as good as it's going to be from him, from now on in. Who he plays up front with next season will be crucial.

JimBHibees
23-04-2019, 11:44 AM
He's a very enigmatic footballer, certainly. I cannot for the life of me understand how many times he has played sublime, one touch flicks to lay the ball off/play someone in - yet most of the time it seems he can barely control a relatively simple ball to him. His first touch - and his second, quite often - is shocking.

I do like him, and believe he has contributed well over the last few weeks - though I'd be disappointed if this was as good as it's going to be from him, from now on in. Who he plays up front with next season will be crucial.

Agree it seems he struggles when given more time, think it is just a confidence thing. Could with him scoring soon to boost his confidence.

Stevie Reid
23-04-2019, 11:48 AM
Agree it seems he struggles when given more time, think it is just a confidence thing. Could with him scoring soon to boost his confidence.

Definitely Jim - a couple on Sunday would do nicely :greengrin

we are hibs
23-04-2019, 11:50 AM
My only concern with kamberi in recent weeks is that he seems to be caught on his heels quite a bit. I would prefer him upfront in a 2 but understand why he's playing out wide atm

SeanWilson
23-04-2019, 11:59 AM
Cannot play the position he's being asked to play. First half was eye bleeding stuff from him. There was about 30 minutes of the 45 where he was so narrow to the wrong side of the pitch, Stevenson was covering two men and McNulty was coming deep to cover his mistake. Either play him up as a two or he doesn't play imo. As soon as we played with a proper midfield second half, we looked like we could be dangerous.

seanshow
23-04-2019, 12:42 PM
He's a relatively young man lacking a bit of confidence on the park, that was confirmed when he was relieved of penalty duties a couple of months ago.

Fans need to realise that nothing,zero,nada positive will be gained by booing the Big man or any of our young players for that matter.
Get behind the team or stfu imo, and I'm not even wearing a tin hat saying that. :greengrin

JimBHibees
23-04-2019, 12:49 PM
Cannot play the position he's being asked to play. First half was eye bleeding stuff from him. There was about 30 minutes of the 45 where he was so narrow to the wrong side of the pitch, Stevenson was covering two men and McNulty was coming deep to cover his mistake. Either play him up as a two or he doesn't play imo. As soon as we played with a proper midfield second half, we looked like we could be dangerous.

We looked a wee bit more dangerous however we also became very open and were lucky not to concede in that time. I think he can play the role but does get caught out also usually not tracking. Going the other way he can be dangerous as shown by his goal v Rangers and a few times he was free out left but didnt get passed to.

Onceinawhile
23-04-2019, 01:05 PM

Who would you play left win instead though?

J-C
23-04-2019, 01:16 PM
The natural player to play wide left is Horgan, he knows when to stay wide and also when to cut onto his right but we have no one to play wide right at the moment.

Allant1981
23-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Who would you play left win instead though?

Horgsn

Bangkok Hibby
24-04-2019, 03:22 AM
The EEN have Kamberi as our 13th best player of 2019 😟

Bangkok Hibby
24-04-2019, 03:23 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/the-best-hibs-players-in-2019-so-far-ranked-in-order-1-4912875/amp?__twitter_impression=true

basehibby
24-04-2019, 09:29 AM

But the formations deployed have been much of the reason Heck has put us on a nine game unbeaten run! He has made us harder to break down and that is in large part due to his formations. We have been starting a 4-5-1 against the tougher opponents - which can easily be switched to 4-4-2 by pushing Flo up front from his wide left starting berth. I agree that in isolation our attack looks the poorer for only one up - but it's the whole team performance that counts obviously, and results delivered have proven that Heck has been getting that right.

CockneyRebel
24-04-2019, 01:35 PM

This is true but Kamberi is also guilty of this. Too many players taking the wrong option of pass or shoot. Mind you it looks an easy decision to make when i'm watching from the stands.

Hibeesmad
28-04-2019, 02:07 PM
Gash again today

hhibs
28-04-2019, 02:12 PM
A shadow of the player we had last season.

Just not up to playing the position he is being asked to play,the more he plays there the worse his performances seem to get.

Onceinawhile
28-04-2019, 02:13 PM
Terrible today. So was Mcnulty mind.

hibeerealist
28-04-2019, 02:13 PM
Gash again today

kamberi was an embarrassment today don’t know what has happened to this guy. When he fell over in the box whilst trying to flick the ball over with his right foot was red face stuff, I get the “he is playing a role the manager needs him to play” but basic control and looking for the ball (ie right runs) very, very poor!

hibIBZ
28-04-2019, 02:15 PM
Seemed to be playing closer to McNulty than the last few weeks but was off the pace. Tbh don't think slivka contributed much more when he came on and for me I would of given kamberi another 10 mins of the second half before subbing him

Scottie
28-04-2019, 02:15 PM
I think if a sensible offer comes in for him in the summer he'll be off.

Looks a shadow of the player from last season. Maybe the Lennon factor has smashed his confidence beyond repair.

Stuart93
28-04-2019, 02:16 PM
Becoming harder to defend him every week when he’s putting performances in like that, woeful

calumhibee1
28-04-2019, 02:16 PM
Atrocious today. Hopefully a good pre season and the return of Scott Allan can get him going again next season. I’d take him out for the rest of this season though.

B.H.F.C
28-04-2019, 02:18 PM
If we can get our money back for him in the summer, I’d get rid of him. Stuck up for him a lot this year but today was dreadful. And it has been too often.

eastmainsmsh
That’s how grasshoppers let him go probably looks brilliant at times but very poor off late

hfc rd
Very poor today and rightly so subbed off at HT.

Don’t know what it is. Whether it’s being played out of position or if his heads been turned by his agent for a move elsewhere. Don’t know what’s up with him.

Heisenberg
28-04-2019, 02:20 PM
That’s how grasshoppers let him go probably looks brilliant at times but very poor off late

They were desperate to keep him in the summer but couldn’t because of the loan deal they agreed to. He’s been poor this season but I’d be more than happy to give him a chance next season with Scott Allan and Boyle in the team alongside him. Flo is not a striker that will challenge for headers or win the physical battle.

Onion
28-04-2019, 02:20 PM
Woeful today and has been for a while. Heading for the exit unless he can turn this around.

Diclonius
28-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Needs a couple games off. I'd be tempted to start Shaw or Agyepong at Ibrox.

Hibeesmad
28-04-2019, 02:31 PM
Needs a couple games off. I'd be tempted to start Shaw or Agyepong at Ibrox.

Tav likes to get forward on that right wing so I'd get Horgan or Agyepong out there to cause them problems

Hibee Mac
28-04-2019, 02:33 PM
He'll come good again next season with Allan behind him

hibee_girl
28-04-2019, 02:35 PM
He started the game poorly but I actually thought he was getting better as the half went on.

He wasn't any worse than McNulty today.

Borderhibbie76
28-04-2019, 02:37 PM
No worse than McNulty who cost us the 3pts with his missed pen ...Flo gets the brunt of it every week on here when hes the one being played out of position to accommodate Sparky

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 02:38 PM
No worse than McNulty who cost us the 3pts with his missed pen ..

No he didn’t

Besties Debut
28-04-2019, 02:41 PM
He must be in real danger of being pulled from the starting line up. I know we had a decent performance today but I feel it needs to be addressed. Why is he so poor at the minute? Being stuck out on the left wing doesnt help

Borderhibbie76
28-04-2019, 02:43 PM
No he didn’tEh yes he did he missed a pen ...had it been flo who missed it hed be getting pelters...that's my point. I like McNulty a lot...but hes not as good as some make out on here...hes bot scored for weeks??

BoomtownHibees
Eh yes he did he missed a pen ...had it been flo who missed it hed be getting pelters...that's my point. I like McNulty a lot...but hes not as good as some make out on here...hes bot scored for weeks??

How did his missed pen cost us the game?

B.H.F.C
Being stuck out on the left wing doesnt help

He wasn’t today and was, if anything, even worse than of late.

Hooked at half time in a game like that, for a midfielder, sums up what he is contributing at the moment.

Borderhibbie76
28-04-2019, 02:45 PM
How did his missed pen cost us the game?Well it didn't help us win the game did it?? Or am I missing something??

A missed pen contributed greatly to the fact we didn't win the game

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 02:47 PM
Well it didn't help us win the game did it?? Or am I missing something??

If you can explain how his missed pen is what cost us the game then I’m all ears. What cost us the game was going 1-0 up then stopping playing and not making changes to change the pattern of play. If the same happened if Mcnulty scored his pen then we would have been holding on for even longer!!

04Sauzee
28-04-2019, 02:48 PM

If the penalty goes in everything in the game thereafter changes. The ball is with their keeper rather than the centre spot. Who knows if we would have scored in open play had the penalty gone in.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2019, 03:06 PM
He's gash. Get rid. Hope Sunderland still want him.

J-C
28-04-2019, 03:07 PM
Said it last game and I'll say it again, Flo has been shocking for a while now and looks totally disinterested most of the time, there were rumours about him having discipline issues at his last club and falling out with their manager, did the same here with Lennon, maybe time to get shot and get someone who wants to be here. Played out his skin to earn his contract and now looks like he couldn't give a ****.

J-C
28-04-2019, 03:08 PM

I know he's done ok with penalties but surely Mallan should be taking them, he's a dead ball expert.

PaulSmith
28-04-2019, 03:09 PM
I know he's done ok with penalties but surely Mallan should be taking them, he's a dead ball expert.

Bar the one he missed v Aberdeen..

wookie70
28-04-2019, 03:14 PM
Thought Flo was better than McNulty today and Slivka was worse than Flo when he came on. Stupid booking possibly the reason for him going off but he still has plenty to offer

telford hibbee
28-04-2019, 03:15 PM
He wasn’t today and was, if anything, even worse than of late.

Hooked at half time in a game like that, for a midfielder, sums up what he is contributing at the moment.
Did the fact that he got another stupid booking not contribute to him being subbed at half time.

B.H.F.C
28-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Did the fact that he got another stupid booking not contribute to him being subbed at half time.

Don’t think so. Half their team were booked but came out for the second half.

Booking summed him up. Lazy.

Johnny Clash
28-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Kamberi was a disappointment today. A few good chances were lost because he wasn’t looking up and missed passes that were aimed at him. That might explain why players were opting to shoot instead of trying to find a pass to Flo.
I like both Flo and Slivka but they both need to up their game and get sharper.

Keith_M
28-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Sad to say but I'd like to see him replaced for next season.

I don't think he contributes enough and his control when receiving a pass is quite poor.

Boyle89
28-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Does nobody else think flo looks so stiff compared to last season? I hope he has an injury which explains why his form is so bad this season. Hes still produced flashes of last seasons form but few and far between. Needs a long rest starting now. Shaw for the remainder of the season please.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2019, 03:37 PM
Maybe Lennon was right about him?

Allant1981
28-04-2019, 03:39 PM
No worse than McNulty who cost us the 3pts with his missed pen ...Flo gets the brunt of it every week on here when hes the one being played out of position to accommodate Sparky

He really didnt cost us the win

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 03:45 PM

I never slag our players but what did he bring to the team when he was target man? Trampoline football some have called it. He's just not the player we thought he was. I've said since the start of the year Shaw needs games and he'll soon prove what an asset he is

Weegreenman
28-04-2019, 03:49 PM

I think so. I raved about Kamberi all last season but he’s like a different player to the one we had then. I don’t want to have a go for the sake of it either. It’s undeniably poor form.

supermcginn
28-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Tav likes to get forward on that right wing so I'd get Horgan or Agyepong out there to cause them problems

Tav 😷

Jonnyboy
28-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Being stuck out on the left wing doesnt help

He wasn't 'stuck out on the left wing' today. He was far more central than of late.

ancient hibee
28-04-2019, 03:53 PM
Thought Kamberi was every bit as good as McNulty today and much better than Slivka .Thought the substitution was a mistake and that Hecky ‘s system of defending from the front while making us difficult to score against reduces our own scoring power.

truehibernian
28-04-2019, 04:00 PM
He wasn't 'stuck out on the left wing' today. He was far more central than of late.

That was the problem with Flo today, he was central, often back to goal and he stupidly gets into tangles with centre halves with his back to goal and head down (looking for free kicks). He should have either played wider, or come a little deeper to give him some space to collect and turn. Instead he was pressing himself up so tight to the defender he was often losing out physical battles or his first touch was simply awful because he was pressured.

The one change I would have made was Horgan for Agyepong or Gauld (after we scored) because Daryl was out on his feet and the midfield needed some energy. We sat back and allowed them to launch balls into our final third and out to Mulraney.

Disappointed with the draw but happy not to lose. You know we have a better manager when literally from kick off your hear Levein shout 'launch it forward'. Route one and physical which I thought other then the goal we matched.

For me, final third, that game was crying out for a Scott Allan to get composure on the ball and accurate passing. Too often our passes were undercooked or over hit. It was an entertaining derby due to poor technical football but a willingness for both sides to get forward at any opportunity. Omeonga was superb.

Jonnyboy
28-04-2019, 04:07 PM
That was the problem with Flo today, he was central, often back to goal and he stupidly gets into tangles with centre halves with his back to goal and head down (looking for free kicks). He should have either played wider, or come a little deeper to give him some space to collect and turn. Instead he was pressing himself up so tight to the defender he was often losing out physical battles or his first touch was simply awful because he was pressured.

The one change I would have made was Horgan for Agyepong or Gauld (after we scored) because Daryl was out on his feet and the midfield needed some energy. We sat back and allowed them to launch balls into our final third and out to Mulraney.

Disappointed with the draw but happy not to lose. You know we have a better manager when literally from kick off your hear Levein shout 'launch it forward'. Route one and physical which I thought other then the goal we matched.

For me, final third, that game was crying out for a Scott Allan to get composure on the ball and accurate passing. Too often our passes were undercooked or over hit. It was an entertaining derby due to poor technical football but a willingness for both sides to get forward at any opportunity. Omeonga was superb.

:agree: 100%

BILLYHIBS
28-04-2019, 04:31 PM
I have felt that Kamberi is not going to make it at HIBS ever since Lenny left

I am surprised because I would have expected the opposite from Flo given his background with Lenny

McNulty not overly fussed if he stays tbh

I certainly would not be looking to find 1m to secure his services

I thought Hecky should have stuck on Gauld last twenty and Shaw last ten

Cracks starting to show?

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 04:33 PM

I am surprised because I would have expected the opposite from Flo given his background with Lenny

Cracks starting to show?

Agree with this mostly but too early to see cracks. Shaw needs starts

ross1875
28-04-2019, 04:44 PM

Cracks starting to show?

Get a grip unbeaten in 10 league games, a few off days today but rescued a disappointing season in last few months plenty positives

supermcginn
28-04-2019, 04:48 PM
Agree with this mostly but too early to see cracks. Shaw needs starts

What has he shown to merit starts? Never the answer

IberianHibernian
28-04-2019, 04:52 PM
Think someone here said kamberi was one booking from suspension so today`s yellow card should mean he`ll miss Killie match and probably Aberdeen one too . May be others near suspension too . Hopefully we don`t have anyone suspended for start of next season .

hibee_girl
28-04-2019, 04:53 PM
Think someone here said kamberi was one booking from suspension so today`s yellow card should mean he`ll miss Killie match and probably Aberdeen one too . May be others near suspension too . Hopefully we don`t have anyone suspended for start of next season .

He'll not miss the Killie game if he's suspended, it take 14 days to kick in and the Killie game is only 13 days away.

marinello59
28-04-2019, 05:04 PM

No, Lennon criticised him for lack of effort. That’s not the problem.

J-C
28-04-2019, 05:26 PM

Cracks starting to show?

You're at the wind up

What has he shown to merit starts? Never the answer

The fact that Flo has been pish for weeks and he deserves a go.

Ronniekirk
28-04-2019, 05:39 PM
Interesting that lots of people are defending him & probably an equal number slating him across many threads. Much of what he does at the moment; his poor decisions, his terrible control, daft flicks, his slowing up play could be overlooked if he was contributing something meaningful to games but I don't see what he brings. Hopefully he somehow gets back to what he was doing last season but right now he doesn't deserve a starting place.

It’s baffling how his form has just gone He was rightly hooked at half time
Look at the goals he scored v Celtic and his capability is there for all to see , but today he was just lost and really did nothing of note which made his mistakes the more glaring

BILLYHIBS
28-04-2019, 05:53 PM
Get a grip unbeaten in 10 league games, a few off days today but rescued a disappointing season in last few months plenty positives

Agree with this but should have changed it twenty minutes to go

truehibernian
28-04-2019, 05:53 PM
We're unbeaten in 10 league games with Flo a mainstay in that run - tells me he has lots to offer (and has done). Today he was played too central and his first touch at times was poor because he was too often back to goal.

Goal v Hamilton, Goal v Dundee, quick throw for Horgan's goal, assist v Saintees, equaliser v The Rangers, neat assist play for Daryl's winner at Tynecastle and flicked head on for McNulty to lay on the first.....................he's contributed a fair bit to the run so lay off the lad :aok:

B.H.F.C
28-04-2019, 05:59 PM
We're unbeaten in 10 league games with Flo a mainstay in that run - tells me he has lots to offer (and has done). Today he was played too central and his first touch at times was poor because he was too often back to goal.

Goal v Hamilton, Goal v Dundee, quick throw for Horgan's goal, assist v Saintees, equaliser v The Rangers, neat assist play for Daryl's winner at Tynecastle and flicked head on for McNulty to lay on the first.....................he's contributed a fair bit to the run so lay off the lad :aok:

How can a striker be played too central?

He’s been crap a lot of the time and excuses are running out. The first two examples you give were goals he scored centrally. The link up for Horgan at Tynecastle was after he went central.

He’s just not doing it.

Bobby's Cinema
28-04-2019, 06:00 PM
It’s hard to pin point, in all aspects of his game he is a shadow of last season. When the ball is played up to him this season, I actually no longer expect him to win it, or retain it.

His decision making and movement have been poor all season. when he does pick it up running at the defence head down he seems to run into corners away from the space.

I said at half time what does he need to do to get hooked. Turns out it was simply catch the ball and fall down attempting to cross 6yards from goal.

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 06:00 PM

Too central 🙈

BILLYHIBS
28-04-2019, 06:01 PM
You're at the wind up

The fact that Flo has been pish for weeks and he deserves a go.

Not really you said it yourself Flo has been pish for weeks

Shaw deserves a go

Shaw 6 goals

McNulty 6 goals

If you get a penalty versus Hearts you need to take it?

Dont see anyone else laughing

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2019, 06:04 PM
Agree with this but should have changed it twenty minutes to go

I'd rather have a manager that is winning with 20 minutes to go every week and makes a mistake than a manager who is losing with 20 minutes to go and flukes an equaliser. If cracks are showing with PH then ****ing gaping CHASMS are showing with their specky twat.

Hibs90
28-04-2019, 06:04 PM
He was really poor today. I expected more from him. Also from McNulty, who has been bang average last few games.

truehibernian
28-04-2019, 06:05 PM
Too central 🙈

Fair enough, you watch the last 10 games and Flo has been playing on the wide area to allow Marc to play the central forward role and off the shoulder of the centre halves. Today he tucked in too much and was too intent on trying to win battles with Berra and Souttar.

He's been asked to play a role he is learning - don't believe me, ask the management team :aok:

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 06:06 PM
Fair enough, you watch the last 10 games and Flo has been playing on the wide area to allow Marc to play the central forward role and off the shoulder of the centre halves. Today he tucked in too much and was too intent on trying to win battles with Berra and Souttar.

He's been asked to play a role he is learning - don't believe me, ask the management team :aok:

He clearly wasn’t playing out wide today. He was playing as a striker, the very same role that he excelled at last year so to say he was crap because he was “too Central” is nonsense imo

SlickShoes
28-04-2019, 06:07 PM
He was no worse than anyone else today, McNulty hasnt scored for weeks and missed a pen yet we are all here having a go at kamberi.

BILLYHIBS
28-04-2019, 06:09 PM
I'd rather have a manager that is winning with 20 minutes to go every week and makes a mistake than a manager who is losing with 20 minutes to go and flukes an equaliser. If cracks are showing with PH then ****ing gaping CHASMS are showing with their specky twat.
Ha Ha!

Agree

Felt Horgan was out on his feet

We got Gauld sat on the bench

We invited them onto us???

truehibernian
28-04-2019, 06:10 PM
He clearly wasn’t playing out wide today. He was playing as a striker, the very same role that he excelled at last year so to say he was crap because he was “too Central” is nonsense imo

If you read between the lines of my post, he got drawn into the central area despite the role he was meant to be doing - he's a young lad, trying hard, today he lapsed into trying to go central to get more possession and became frustrated (and frustrating) - hence he was subbed :aok: he should have been putting Smith under more pressure and didn't.

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 06:12 PM
If you read between the lines of my post, he got drawn into the central area despite the role he was meant to be doing - he's a young lad, trying hard, today he lapsed into trying to go central to get more possession and became frustrated (and frustrating) - hence he was subbed :aok: he should have been putting Smith under more pressure and didn't.

I’m not sure about him getting drawn in to it, I think that’s where he was playing, as a striker

truehibernian
28-04-2019, 06:14 PM
I’m not sure about him getting drawn in to it, I think that’s where he was playing, as a striker

His role today was to play left and apply more pressure to Micheal Smith - he went off game plan and PH changed things. Second half PH wanted more on that flank and that saw Omeonga and Lewis play more on that side, with Slivka going central midfield.

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 06:16 PM
His role today was to play left and apply more pressure to Micheal Smith - he went off game plan and PH changed things. Second half PH wanted more on that flank and that saw Omeonga and Lewis play more on that side, with Slivka going central midfield.

I didnt at any point think he was meant to be on the left tbf

villahibs
28-04-2019, 06:17 PM
Thought Kamberi was every bit as good as McNulty today and much better than Slivka .Thought the substitution was a mistake and that Hecky ‘s system of defending from the front while making us difficult to score against reduces our own scoring power.

McNulty’s first touch, work rate and all round intelligence is so much better than Kamberi. From the start of the second half Slivka took a touch and made a pass... right there he’d done more than Kamberi managed in the first 45.
It’s a bit like the Pogba situation. You know there’s a player there but he just looks like he couldn’t care less. It’s so infuriating.
I’d be surprised to see him start again this season, then a decision needs to be made. I very much doubt his work rate will sit well with Heck.

truehibernian
28-04-2019, 06:18 PM
I didnt at any point think he was meant to be on the left tbf

He was :agree: Flo got caught up in the game and tucked in too much and was condensing the space that McNulty had - PH wasn't happy with that. For me the change made worked second half - only criticism of PH today was not noticing Daryl Horgan was gone after 70 minutes and we needed energy on that flank.

B.H.F.C
28-04-2019, 06:23 PM
He was :agree: Flo got caught up in the game and tucked in too much and was condensing the space that McNulty had - PH wasn't happy with that. For me the change made worked second half - only criticism of PH today was not noticing Daryl Horgan was gone after 70 minutes and we needed energy on that flank.

He wasn’t just tucked in. He was right up top.

If he was meant to be there he was dreadful. If he wasn’t meant to be there that’s dreadful.

Whatever position he was playing, his quality with the ball was utterly terrible.

truehibernian
28-04-2019, 06:26 PM
He wasn’t just tucked in. He was right up top.

If he was meant to be there he was dreadful. If he wasn’t meant to be there that’s dreadful.

Whatever position he was playing, his quality with the ball was utterly terrible.

I'm not disagreeing he was poor today, far from it. He went off game plan. Hence he was pulled. Omeonga was class in that area of the pitch second half and for the most part we dominated possession until we sat deep for the last 10 minutes. I thought Slivka was poor last 15 minutes and that didn't help either.

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 06:27 PM

I’m no having that tbh. At no point in the 1st half was he out on the left, and if he was meant to be then he wouldn’t have lasted til half time

B.H.F.C
28-04-2019, 06:28 PM
I'm not disagreeing he was poor today, far from it. He went off game plan. Hence he was pulled. Omeonga was class in that area of the pitch second half and for the most part we dominated possession until we sat deep for the last 10 minutes. I thought Slivka was poor last 15 minutes and that didn't help either.

It looked very much like a flat 442 he was never playing off the left at any point in that game.

J-C
28-04-2019, 06:30 PM
Not really you said it yourself Flo has been pish for weeks

Shaw deserves a go

Shaw 6 goals

McNulty 6 goals

If you get a penalty versus Hearts you need to take it?

Dont see anyone else laughing

You said cracks starting to show, what cracks? Cracks in Heckingbottom's tactics? Cracks in our team?

I agree re Flo and Shaw deserves a go, couldn't be any worse.

Also a bit disappointed in Sparky, he's a decent striker,not brilliant, just moderately decent.

As for the penalty I'd have Mallan taking them, he's a dead ball specialist.

proud_and_green
28-04-2019, 06:31 PM
I have been the biggest Flo fan out, but I think his confidence is absolutely shot - for whatever reason. The fact is his decision making and drive regardless of the position he is playing is awful. So I don't think it's where he's being played its down to his mindset and his determinatiom to succeed that is the problem.

I think, and it pains me to say, cos I think he is a great player...he should be punted in the summer. He's a passenger at the ment. The stupid shove is indicative, it's his way of showing he still has something to offer....!

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 06:32 PM
You said cracks starting to show, what cracks? Cracks in Heckingbottom's tactics? Cracks in our team?

Also a bit disappointed in Sparky, he's a decent striker,not brilliant, just moderately decent.

SM missed one v Aberdeen. Everyone can miss a pen

truehibernian
28-04-2019, 06:32 PM
I’m no having that tbh. At no point in the 1st half was he out on the left, and if he was meant to be then he wouldn’t have lasted til half time

First 20 minutes he was on the left and had a chance in that area to shoot. Watch the game back. Horgan switched out right to take on Mulraney, Flo was meant to stay out left. Omeonga actually had to compensate and stay out there and did well.

Flo was poor today because he still has a tendency to get too involved with centre halves and go to ground - he needs to work a lot harder. But in the last 10 games he has offered goals and assists and that cannot be disputed. He'll learn :aok:

proud_and_green
28-04-2019, 06:33 PM
He started the game poorly but I actually thought he was getting better as the half went on.

He wasn't any worse than McNulty today.Don't disagree about with that (about Flo) but still not good enough.

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 06:34 PM
First 20 minutes he was on the left and had a chance in that area to shoot. Watch the game back. Horgan switched out right to take on Mulraney, Flo was meant to stay out left. Omeonga actually had to compensate and stay out there and did well.

Flo was poor today because he still has a tendency to get too involved with centre halves and go to ground - he needs to work a lot harder. But in the last 10 games he has offered goals and assists and that cannot be disputed. He'll learn :aok:

Horgan “switched to the right”?? That’s where he was playing and has been for weeks

B.H.F.C
28-04-2019, 06:35 PM
Horgan switched out right

When was he ever on the left to ‘switch’ to the right?

J-C
28-04-2019, 06:37 PM

This.

Flo was too central and didn't do what was asked by playing on the left which left Stevenson wide open too often. Omeonga went to the left in the 2nd with Slivka through the middle, that was the mistake because Omeonga was superb in the 1st half but disappeared a bit and Slivka offed zero in his so called natural position. Omeonga's energy in the middle was missing which allowed them onto us, Horgan should've been off earlier as he was goosed.

Jones28
28-04-2019, 06:41 PM
I think him playing left since Heckingbottom came in hasn't been ideal for him. I also think he's just short on confidence just now.

The other thing I think helped hugely last season was having Allan. His wee slips into feet made such a difference and Kamberi wasn't spending so much time with his back to goal.

truehibernian
28-04-2019, 06:45 PM
It looked very much like a flat 442 he was never playing off the left at any point in that game.

I'd say it was a diamond to start off with - Omeonga did really well closing down their central pair in the opening 25 minutes, a couple of times forcing errors and winning possession by not allowing Berra to play long. Flo was meant to be wider on the left. One thing Flo has to cut from his game is going to ground so easily, and also working on his first touch / hold up play. Today he was poor but he's a good player.

Chatting to folk and Hibs staff after the game one thing that was mentioned, and I think has to be said, is PH has done well getting a lot from a squad of players who are not his own and who he is trying to develop in a very short space of time. It won't always work, but with a good pre-season and some new players Flo will flourish I think.

I'd actually prefer him more as a first (central) striker but he has been tasked with playing wider and occupying the full backs and whole back four. The game today was crying out for a really good midfielder like Dylan McGeouch or Allan to relieve pressure and keep the ball. Too often we conceded easy possession in the middle of the park in the last 20 minutes.

BILLYHIBS
28-04-2019, 06:46 PM

I would not be surprised if Hecky goes for two new strikers in the new season

It will probably be forced upon him through necessity and choice

We need to increase our threat final third Scott Allan will certainly help

I felt Hecky Shudda changed it at 70 minutes as energy started to drain from our midfield

I must admit I was surprised at Hecky as unusually for him he could not see what was unfolding before his very eyes

Penalties?

I would give them to Milligan has not missed a pen for Australia and apparently has never missed a pen in club football?? :confused:

shetlandhibee
28-04-2019, 06:49 PM

I felt Hecky Shudda changed it at 70 minutes as energy started to drain from our midfield

I must admit I was surprised at Hecky as unusually for him he could not see what was unfolding before his very eyes

Penalties?

I would give them to Milligan has not missed a pen for Australia and apparently has never missed a pen in club football?? :confused::top marks

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2019, 06:50 PM
I'd say it was a diamond to start off with - Omeonga did really well closing down their central pair in the opening 25 minutes, a couple of times forcing errors and winning possession by not allowing Berra to play long. Flo was meant to be wider on the left. One thing Flo has to cut from his game is going to ground so easily, and also working on his first touch / hold up play. Today he was poor but he's a good player.

Chatting to folk and Hibs staff after the game one thing that was mentioned, and I think has to be said, is PH has done well getting a lot from a squad of players who are not his own and who he is trying to develop in a very short space of time. It won't always work, but with a good pre-season and some new players Flo will flourish I think.

I'd actually prefer him more as a first (central) striker but he has been tasked with playing wider and occupying the full backs and whole back four. The game today was crying out for a really good midfielder like Dylan McGeouch or Allan to relieve pressure and keep the ball. Too often we conceded easy possession in the middle of the park in the last 20 minutes.

If it was a diamond then Flo would have been playing as a striker then no??

B.H.F.C
28-04-2019, 06:51 PM
This.

Flo was too central and didn't do what was asked by playing on the left which left Stevenson wide open too often. Omeonga went to the left in the 2nd with Slivka through the middle, that was the mistake because Omeonga was superb in the 1st half but disappeared a bit and Slivka offed zero in his so called natural position. Omeonga's energy in the middle was missing which allowed them onto us, Horgan should've been off earlier as he was goosed.

If he was never on the left, maybe he was never asked to play ther?

Just a thought...

truehibernian
28-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Horgan “switched to the right”?? That’s where he was playing and has been for weeks

I meant that Horgan was asked to play higher up on the right to counter Mulraney getting forward (perhaps switched was a wrong term). We got more success when Daryl was closing down that area Mulraney was running into - first 10 minutes we played too narrow and they got some success out of the space (as did Michael Smith).

J-C
28-04-2019, 06:54 PM

Penalties?

I would give them to Milligan has not missed a pen for Australia and apparently has never missed a pen in club football?? :confused:

Yea Milligan's a good shout tbh

I think the fact we were controlling the majority of the game Hecky maybe gave them the benefit of the doubt seeing as they were 1 up, he didn't react quick enough to their changes, I agree Horgan off on 70 for fresh legs.

truehibernian
28-04-2019, 07:01 PM
If it was a diamond then Flo would have been playing as a striker then no??

I think the game plan was to limit the opportunities that Smith and Mulraney had to get into space and press them - both are their best attacking threat and I think PH saw Berra in particular as a weakness. McNulty is good at playing in between centre halves. There were times where Omeonga and Lewis won good possession on the left and had to make infield passes rather than have a ball out wider on the left (their right). Mallan then would have had space if Flo had stuck to his task, which he didn't. I thought Daryl did really well after the first 10 minutes but was shot after 70 minutes. Lewis and Omeonga were great at nullifying Smith on the other side whole game.

J-C
28-04-2019, 07:03 PM
If he was never on the left, maybe he was never asked to play ther?

Just a thought...

It was a weird one tbh, at times Flo was wide, then he was through the middle, then out wide again, it allowed Smith far to much space and freedom.

Nicho87
28-04-2019, 09:56 PM
Just me who thought we don’t look as dangerous with flo off the pitch.

hfc rd
28-04-2019, 10:02 PM
Just me who thought we don’t look as dangerous with flo off the pitch.

We looked far better in the 2nd half than we did in the 1st.

Flo had a nightmare today and was rightly so subbed off at HT.

Borderhibbie76
29-04-2019, 12:18 AM
He was no worse than anyone else today, McNulty hasnt scored for weeks and missed a pen yet we are all here having a go at kamberi.Thankfully I'm not the only one with this point of view...hes been no worse than McNulty the last few games

Hibeesmad
29-04-2019, 02:21 AM
Thankfully I'm not the only one with this point of view...hes been no worse than McNulty the last few games

McNulty has had a few poor games but Imo has still contributed more than Kamberi. Kamberi has been poor all season.

Hibeesmad
29-04-2019, 02:33 AM
Kamberi has played 2513 minutes in the league this season, scoring 8 goals with 3 assists. That's a goal every 314 minutes.

McNulty has played 929 minutes in the league since arriving in January, scoring 6 goals with 4 assists. That's a goal every 155 minutes.

Shaw has played 1081 minutes in the league this season, scoring 6 goals with 3 assists. That's a goal every 180 minutes.

Shaw and McNulty have been a lot more effective than Kamberi, both 2 goals short of him playing at least 1400 minutes less. Kamberi simply hasn't been good enough this season, it's a shame because if we had the same player who gave his all last season we would be in that top four.

Speedy
29-04-2019, 07:30 AM

Penalties?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mark-milligan/elfmetertore/spieler/37372

MM scored 14, missed 1. Mcnulty has scored 15, missed 6.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2019, 07:50 AM
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mark-milligan/elfmetertore/spieler/37372

MM scored 14, missed 1. Mcnulty has scored 15, missed 6.

Mark Milligan it is then

I did say apparently?

I rest my case :greengrin

Centre Hawf
29-04-2019, 08:02 AM
Thankfully I'm not the only one with this point of view...hes been no worse than McNulty the last few games

I’ve yet to be over enamoured with McNulty. There’s no denying he is a good player. But I see a lot of similarities to him and Maclaren. Personally would have kept Flo on through the middle over McNulty.

Borderhibbie76
29-04-2019, 08:07 AM
I’ve yet to be over enamoured with McNulty. There’s no denying he is a good player. But I see a lot of similarities to him and Maclaren. Personally would have kept Flo on through the middle over McNulty.Agreed mate Sparky is decent but I wont be devastated if we dont keep him...I think we can get better and for less money too. I also think Flo back in his correct position with Allan behind him.and we will hopefully see a more influential Flo next season

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2019, 08:10 AM
Agreed mate Sparky is decent but I wont be devastated if we dont keep him...I think we can get better and for less money too. I also think Flo back in his correct position with Allan behind him.and we will hopefully see a more influential Flo next season

Bring the real Sparky home :greengrin

:thumbsup:

Borderhibbie76
29-04-2019, 08:12 AM
Bring the real Sparky home :greengrin

[emoji106]Now your talking [emoji12]

we are hibs
29-04-2019, 08:17 AM
Why does kamberi get pulled up by the refs for backing in yet the big lump for hearts doesn't?

ancient hibee
29-04-2019, 08:43 AM
It was a great tackle by Berra in the first half to stop Kamberi scoring.I think it's a pity that we have so many posters who only select incidents to criticise a player rather than support him.

Wilson
29-04-2019, 08:59 AM
Kamberi has played 2513 minutes in the league this season, scoring 8 goals with 3 assists. That's a goal every 314 minutes.

McNulty has played 929 minutes in the league since arriving in January, scoring 6 goals with 4 assists. That's a goal every 155 minutes.

Shaw has played 1081 minutes in the league this season, scoring 6 goals with 3 assists. That's a goal every 180 minutes.

Shaw and McNulty have been a lot more effective than Kamberi, both 2 goals short of him playing at least 1400 minutes less. Kamberi simply hasn't been good enough this season, it's a shame because if we had the same player who gave his all last season we would be in that top four.

A large part of Flo's stats comes under Lennon 's last few weeks and the rumoured problems there. He has also had to adapt to changes in strike partner and in his role generally.

He throws in the odd lackluster performance which can't be excused - and Heck won't let him away with. However, stats in terms of minutes played don't tell the whole story.

For all McNulty's and Shaw's stats are impressive Flo is still top scorer.

easty
29-04-2019, 09:03 AM
It was a great tackle by Berra in the first half to stop Kamberi scoring.I think it's a pity that we have so many posters who only select incidents to criticise a player rather than support him.

:agree:

Diclonius
29-04-2019, 09:06 AM
Mark Milligan it is then

I did say apparently?

I rest my case :greengrin

Put Hanlon on them. He's apparently great at them and he'll be here forever. Sorted.

Bangkok Hibby
29-04-2019, 09:28 AM
Put Hanlon on them. He's apparently great at them and he'll be here forever. Sorted.

Didnt he score lots of goals for Hutchy as an attacking midfielder? Not a bad idea

calumhibee1
29-04-2019, 09:33 AM

Hanlon would never miss a penalty in his life. There, I’ve said it.

I can’t actually mind his pen against DU but I can imagine PH basically clearing the ball into the net if that makes sense :greengrin

RossScott1991
29-04-2019, 04:21 PM
Hoping next year with a general break from football and all the rumoured Lennon nonsense. He gets back in pre season, moved back centrally and the arrival of Allan and another wide player can get beat out him again. I’ve no doubt there is a player there, only need to look at two superb goals against Celtic both with great technique.

He needs work, still young. Think his awareness and touch of what’s around him is the biggest problem.

Brightside
29-04-2019, 04:24 PM
Paul Hanlon does not miss pens. (This is not a digital era pun btw)

Hibee Mac
29-04-2019, 04:27 PM
I'd still be very disappointed if we let Flo go, he's a very exciting prospect and still young. We did really well to get him here and he's got Allan coming back and a full pre-season with manager who looks the business and I trust to really implement a style of play on our team next year.

Zazu62
29-04-2019, 04:32 PM
Scott Allan is missing. He plays and flo and McNulty get more chances to score?