PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Kits 2019/20

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

PH91
21-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Tell me what’s so different about this year’s home shirt from both of those, with the exception of the collar on the cup winning shirt and it being bottle green?

I think the design is clean and will become quite classic... it’s what folk have been moaning for...

As for the away strip, wow!! Very pleased with them both.

Are you the guy who does the mock ups? Macron havent managed to reach the level of those yet!!

BlackSheep
21-06-2019, 06:37 PM
Are you the guy who does the mock ups? Macron havent managed to reach the level of those yet!!

I have posted a few over the years, as have others... I think this year's away is something special, very on trend and modern yet classic.

The home is pretty good too, a lot of folk asking for a clean design... this is as clean as you will get these days... just look at current trends like Hull City’s new tiger kit.

BlackSheep
21-06-2019, 06:39 PM
These comparisons show just how similar to a Nike design Macron will go... it’s not a case of get rid of macron, it’s a case of get the right people in Hibs flying to Italy every October to design the thing!!

A Hi-Bee
21-06-2019, 06:43 PM
Home would of been absolutely beautiful if it was a darker shade of green, perhaps 2016 shade with that design. Definitely looks far too light for me

Perhaps a whiter shade of pale may have helped, but really I dont give a monkeys about the strip it's the players wearing them that I pay my money to see. The strips look fine to me, but then again I have never been a dedicated follower of fashion.

WoreTheGreen
21-06-2019, 06:44 PM
This 100%

Ringothedog
21-06-2019, 06:51 PM
Please pay the fiver for the sponsor.....it makes a huge difference to those in the Foundation.

If you don’t want the logo on your shirt then donate the £5 to the foundation on their website. They do fantastic work

https://www.hiberniancommunityfoundation.org.uk/

pacorosssco
21-06-2019, 06:52 PM
No sponsorship. Should see heads roll.

Just Jimmy
21-06-2019, 06:54 PM
No sponsorship. Should see heads roll.I said a month or so ago that was the reason for the delay and was shouted down.

it's a nonsense but it's been dressed up as a moral victory.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hibernian32
21-06-2019, 07:03 PM
That away top is just amazing.

Home top is utterly dreadful tho haha

ChrissyG1875
21-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Macron have made some of our worst ever strips in my opinion but that away top is a thing of beauty

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CentreLine
21-06-2019, 07:15 PM
Love them both. That home strip is as close to the 60’s and early 70’s as we’ve got for a very long time. So many happy memories. Well done Hibs well done Macron.
Freshly pressed cotton shorts at half time please and a few young people selling Wrigley’s Spearmint Gum, Mars Bars and juice from trays on the touchline and nostalgia will be complete 😊

lord bunberry
21-06-2019, 07:17 PM
I’ve just cum

WoreTheGreen
21-06-2019, 07:24 PM
Love them both. That home strip is as close to the 60’s and early 70’s as we’ve got for a very long time. So many happy memories. Well done Hibs well done Macron.
Freshly pressed cotton shorts at half time please and a few young people selling Wrigley’s Spearmint Gum, Mars Bars and juice from trays on the touchline and nostalgia will be complete 😊

Macaroon bars

vercol36
21-06-2019, 07:26 PM
Home kit is alright.

Away kit is a thing of beauty.

brianmc
21-06-2019, 07:26 PM
I’ve just cum

🍆🍆🍆🍆

Lancs Harp
21-06-2019, 07:38 PM
What Hibs arent plugging (as of yet) is that both of these shirts make you irresistable to the opposite sex (or same sex depending on your persuasion) and instantly will make you look 2 stones lighter or like Anthony Joshua if you are on the slim side. If worn in a pub drinking prowess and kudos will be significantly increased, if worn at work promotion and huge pay rise will follow and most importanty if you buy and wear one of these shirts and wear it on matchdays Hibs are guaranteed victory.

What are you waiting for, get down to Easter Road and get both shirts bought :wink:

:flag:

WE ARE ALL HIBS

CRAZYHIBBY
21-06-2019, 07:42 PM
I dont like the home strip at all ....always hated v necks

04Sauzee
21-06-2019, 08:13 PM
I dont like the home strip at all ....always hated v necks

I guess we all have our likes and dislikes.
I'm a big fan of the v-neck over round collars.

Hibs will never be able to please all off the people all of the time, something we all have to live with.

The good thing is we aren't Hearts

jabis
21-06-2019, 08:28 PM
Same here! I would pay £5 for a top without a sponsor normally as I prefer them plain.

Me too,buying one this season.

Hibernia&Alba
21-06-2019, 08:30 PM
I really like both. So good to see the traditional colours of the shorts and socks too, and the away shirt looks really smart :top marks

BoomtownHibees
21-06-2019, 08:31 PM
That away top is just amazing.

Home top is utterly dreadful tho haha

What is “utterly dreadful” about a Hibs strip that is green with white sleeves? I understand folk think the home is a bit meh (I like it btw) but to say it’s utterly dreadful is strange. What were you looking for?

JohnM1875
21-06-2019, 08:32 PM
I said a month or so ago that was the reason for the delay and was shouted down.

it's a nonsense but it's been dressed up as a moral victory.

Hasn't Leanne already rubbished that though and said offers were on the table? Or are we to believe that is BS?

Personally don't think she's a liar. Then again, she did say Shaw was one of the best youngsters in Europe. So who knows right?

Hibernia&Alba
21-06-2019, 08:35 PM
Perfect opportunity for Guinness to step in as sponsor. Get the harp on the front!

The 90+2
21-06-2019, 08:36 PM
Perfect opportunity for Guinness to step in as sponsor. Get the harp on the front!

Fantastic idea.

Just Jimmy
21-06-2019, 08:39 PM
Hasn't Leanne already rubbished that though and said offers were on the table? Or are we to believe that is BS?

Personally don't think she's a liar. Then again, she did say Shaw was one of the best youngsters in Europe. So who knows right?I'm not calling her a liar. I'm saying that no sponser was the reason for the delay. I don't think she's said that isn't true, just that they explored options. they delayed the original photo shoot for this reason, which is what I said.

it's probably a mix of the truth. something fell through or they rolled the dice and found out more money wasnt there and they had to come up with a solution. I don't think it's a bad solution, I'm just saying that it's not all it's dressed up to be.

I like the home, I'm undecided on the away but all in all I'm reasonably happy for someone that apparently hates macron [emoji23]

SquashedFrogg
21-06-2019, 08:43 PM
I'm not calling her a liar. I'm saying that no sponser was the reason for the delay. I don't think she's said that isn't true, just that they explored options. they delayed the original photo shoot for this reason, which is what I said.

it's probably a mix of the truth. something fell through or they rolled the dice and found out more money wasnt there and they had to come up with a solution. I don't think it's a bad solution, I'm just saying that it's not all it's dressed up to be.

I like the home, I'm undecided on the away but all in all I'm reasonably happy for someone that apparently hates macron [emoji23]

So basically you don't know?

jabis
21-06-2019, 08:46 PM
I'm not calling her a liar. I'm saying that no sponser was the reason for the delay. I don't think she's said that isn't true, just that they explored options. they delayed the original photo shoot for this reason, which is what I said.

😂 must be watching too much politics,but you should change your name to Boris.

JohnM1875
21-06-2019, 08:57 PM

No worries man, get what you mean.

Leanne said herself these kits are planned about a year in advance. So the sponsorship issue probably did hold things up.

Just Jimmy
21-06-2019, 09:05 PM
[emoji23] must be watching too much politics,but you should change your name to Boris.no. as I said, it was delayed due to no sponser. the photo shoot was cancelled for that reason.

the speculation is based on WHY there was no sponser in place. that I don't know, but she has said the expired options and were not happy which is fine. however the delay suggests it was a late decision.

Just Jimmy
21-06-2019, 09:13 PM
No worries man, get what you mean.

Leanne said herself these kits are planned about a year in advance. So the sponsorship issue probably did hold things up.it's a decent solution and hopefully brings in good money for the foundation.

I also like the home kit. I'm not sure about the away but much prefer them to recent efforts. that's despite my criticism of macron in the past.

supermcginn
21-06-2019, 09:26 PM
Not a fan of either, typical macron fare.

Brightside
21-06-2019, 09:36 PM
They havent done that though.

Absoulte bollocks to anyone who thinks any of these Macron strips are better than the cup winning or championship winning Nike shirts.

Did macron steal your puppy. 😂

Brightside
21-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Me too,buying one this season.

So do that 👍👍

Brightside
21-06-2019, 09:38 PM

I think it’s pretty clear we didn’t get the sponsor we wanted. But it’s worked out well overall.

Speedway
21-06-2019, 09:52 PM
Maybe some on here would prefer the home strip to have more maroon on it

LaMotta
21-06-2019, 09:58 PM
Did macron steal your puppy. 😂

Nah they are just ****:aok:

malcolm
21-06-2019, 10:04 PM
Are they going to sell the ‘weareALLHibs’ t-shirts in the shop - I will get one or two of those for my holiday :thumbsup:

Strips are all very much made of the same material, in the same places round the world (maybe even in the same factories) and each has 4 holes - for head arms and to accommodate various sizes of belly. I decide if I like a strip with no regard to whose brand name is on it. The only brand that matters is Hibs. :wink:

But I never realised to what extent various manufacturers seem to gather dedicated aficionados with expertise on the sartorial effects of the intricacies of strip design.:greengrin

Hibernian32
21-06-2019, 10:16 PM
What is “utterly dreadful” about a Hibs strip that is green with white sleeves? I understand folk think the home is a bit meh (I like it btw) but to say it’s utterly dreadful is strange. What were you looking for?

Just looks a bit lower league england. I have only liked the first home top Macron have done with us.

lord bunberry
21-06-2019, 10:25 PM
Just looks a bit lower league england. I have only liked the first home top Macron have done with us.
What does that even mean? Lower league England will have the same access to strip design as us. I think both strips are great, the home top is green with white sleeves and doesn’t contain anything that would upset anyone. The away top is and should be a bit different and has been well received by most people. Hibs are responsible for the kits we have as they go over to Italy to work on the design. Saying it’s Macrons fault and we’d be better with another supplier is wrong, we can have whatever design we want. Anyone who doesn’t like the kit should lobby hibs to send someone over that knows what they’re doing.

NAE NOOKIE
21-06-2019, 11:15 PM
In spite of what I said on the other thread I could see the home top growing on me so far as seeing the team in it goes, but it just isnt doing it enough for me to buy it for myself. I was definately in the market for the away top to play walking football in, especially if it was purple, but I have to say I really dont like it. Whats wrong with a plain purple top with white sleeves and collar .... that would have been absolutely brilliant.

Green socks with white tops and white shorts though :aok:

oldbutdim
21-06-2019, 11:21 PM
The away top is a thing of beauty.
Absolutely magnificent.

The home top has a Hibs badge, is green and white.............. what's not to like?

:aok:

bigwheel
22-06-2019, 12:48 AM

Personally don't think she's a liar. Then again, she did say Shaw was one of the best youngsters in Europe. So who knows right?

No doubt offers were on the table....but clearly not in line with target....it's not a good result from Hibs here...that's the salaries of two + players lost as a result...delighted they have gone with the community foundation rather than nothing though....but whatever they say, they will be dissatisfied at not securing a lead sponsor for the season...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Austinho
22-06-2019, 01:18 AM
Perhaps the club sees the HCF association paying dividends for the club in other ways - the boys and girls having greater opportunities to play football, wear Hibs kits, free tickets to games and everything else potentially ensures a strong connection to Hibs for life for those who may have gone down another path. Ensuring Leith and the surrounding areas has a strong community for the future not only helps the city, but could be more beneficial for the club than the quick financial gain one season of corporate sponsorship brings. This deal sounds like it will have a significant impact for the foundation, and there is always next year to secure a new permanent sponsor. It’s not the end of the world.

Hibernian32
22-06-2019, 01:47 AM
What does that even mean? Lower league England will have the same access to strip design as us. I think both strips are great, the home top is green with white sleeves and doesn’t contain anything that would upset anyone. The away top is and should be a bit different and has been well received by most people. Hibs are responsible for the kits we have as they go over to Italy to work on the design. Saying it’s Macrons fault and we’d be better with another supplier is wrong, we can have whatever design we want. Anyone who doesn’t like the kit should lobby hibs to send someone over that knows what they’re doing.

I really dunno why I feel that way I just do with Macron there strips look cheap. The season we won the championship was plain green Nike top and that had something about it, it never looked cheap.

Maybe it will grow on me

GreenLake
22-06-2019, 03:23 AM
I will buy both and be glad to wear them. Numberless and nameless this year with the big team badge on the front.

Hibs90
22-06-2019, 06:47 AM
.that's the salaries of two + players lost as a result...

What part of 'it won't affect the playing budget' was difficult to grasp?

Centre Hawf
22-06-2019, 06:49 AM

What he's saying is similar to what I've heard. The club didn't have a sponsor lined up and took the time to find one. Not sure why we never found one in the end or if the right ones didn't present itself but I personally was amazed we went with the Foundation but it makes sense and is a good spin to cover up the disaster of finding a sponsor. I'm all for it rather than having another betting company and to a lesser extent an alcoholic drinks one and it would be good if in the modern age of football and its millions of pounds that everyone else followed suit to charitable sponsors rather than private stuff.

But for what it's worth this wasn't the plan from the beginning despite the club's attempts at insinuating it was.

we are hibs
22-06-2019, 06:51 AM
The home strip is as basic a hibs strip you will ever get and the same strip the home one should be all the time. Last year's was a monstrosity as was the one first year in the championship. Just keep it simple: green top with white sleeves

CentreLine
22-06-2019, 06:54 AM
Macaroon bars

👍🏻

Centre Hawf
22-06-2019, 06:58 AM
The home strip is as basic a hibs strip you will ever get and the same strip the home one should be all the time. Last year's was a monstrosity as was the one first year in the championship. Just keep it simple: green top with white sleeves

I actually grew to really like the home top from the Championship 2014/15 season except from the horrible stamped on sponsor logo, if it was put on like the Marathon Bet of years after it would have looked far better imo. I didn't like last seasons top for some reason though and I find this years to be a bit boring for some reason. For whatever reason Macrons home kits haven't done it for me despite owning one of them, their away efforts have been far superior.

Sergio sledge
22-06-2019, 07:04 AM
What he's saying is similar to what I've heard. The club didn't have a sponsor lined up and took the time to find one. Not sure why we never found one in the end or if the right ones didn't present itself but I personally was amazed we went with the Foundation but it makes sense and is a good spin to cover up the disaster of finding a sponsor. I'm all for it rather than having another betting company and to a lesser extent an alcoholic drinks one and it would be good if in the modern age of football and its millions of pounds that everyone else followed suit to charitable sponsors rather than private stuff.

But for what it's worth this wasn't the plan from the beginning despite the club's attempts at insinuating it was.

If you watch LD's interview she is pretty clear that they looked around for a new shirt sponsor (the implication I get is that they tried to move away from betting and alcohol) and that it was a difficult process to find anyone to do it. Although they had two offers on the table they started talking about the community Foundation and eventually decided to go with them rather than either of the two offers they had.

I don't think anyone at Hibs has tried to dress this up as having been the plan all along.

It would be interesting to see what the strip sponsorship usually brings into the club, my initial instinct would be to put it in the region of £300k per season. Maybe Hibs have increased other sponsorship income to cover the loss of this, or maybe they've opened up a new avenue of sponsorship, or maybe someone has privately agreed to cover the loss, maybe or increased revenue from betting in the premiership allows us to absorb the loss of this revenue? We'll probably never know, but whatever the answer, as long as it doesn't affect the football budget then I think it is a great idea. I'm all for Hibs putting more money into the community side of things. Not only is it the right thing to do, but it's not completely altruistic, the more kids we can reach at a young age, the more will turn into Hibs fans and hopefully increase our revenue in the long term.

Centre Hawf
22-06-2019, 07:12 AM
If you watch LD's interview she is pretty clear that they looked around for a new shirt sponsor (the implication I get is that they tried to move away from betting and alcohol) and that it was a difficult process to find anyone to do it. Although they had two offers on the table they started talking about the community Foundation and eventually decided to go with them rather than either of the two offers they had.

I don't think anyone at Hibs has tried to dress this up as having been the plan all along.

It would be interesting to see what the strip sponsorship usually brings into the club, my initial instinct would be to put it in the region of £300k per season. Maybe Hibs have increased other sponsorship income to cover the loss of this, or maybe they've opened up a new avenue of sponsorship, or maybe someone has privately agreed to cover the loss, maybe or increased revenue from betting in the premiership allows us to absorb the loss of this revenue? We'll probably never know, but whatever the answer, as long as it doesn't affect the football budget then I think it is a great idea. I'm all for Hibs putting more money into the community side of things. Not only is it the right thing to do, but it's not completely altruistic, the more kids we can reach at a young age, the more will turn into Hibs fans and hopefully increase our revenue in the long term.

You're probably right in regards to the type of deals and chose to go with the more ethical sponsor which I'm glad they've done in a sense.

If I'm honest I don't really understand how not having a sponsor can't effect the playing budget however. Without knowing how much it brings in I would have hazard a guess similar to yours of around the 250k a year mark (Could be entirely wrong and its worth peanuts a season) That for me is a significant enough sum of money to fund a transfer or a wage of decent first team player.

If it is worth that and we don't have it and we don't effect the footballing budget then the cutbacks then will need to come from somewhere else surely? General staff wages, stadium maintenance, hospitality? Who knows. But it's all a bit strange from a financial perspective. Safe to say I'm watching with a keen interest to see if this is just a one season thing till we get the right sponsor for us next season or if we continue this for a couple of years.

superfurryhibby
22-06-2019, 07:12 AM
No doubt offers were on the table....but clearly not in line with target....it's not a good result from Hibs here...that's the salaries of two + players lost as a result...delighted they have gone with the community foundation rather than nothing though....but whatever they say, they will be dissatisfied at not securing a lead sponsor for the season...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You’re not grasping this. You say there were offers on the table, yet the club opted fot the community foundation rather than nothing. It can’t be both? Then you make a stab at guessing how much income has been lost, translating that into players not being signed as a result. That’s despite our leader saying the contrary.

oneone73
22-06-2019, 07:22 AM
If the club wanted to take an ethical stance and decided they didn't want alcohol or gambling, why have we got Eden Mill on the back?

B.H.F.C
22-06-2019, 07:37 AM
Quite like the Community Foundation idea but disappointed we haven’t secured a sponsor. Whether or not the ‘football budget’ is affected, there is a loss of revenue somewhere in the club. With supporters putting more money in than ever, I’d like to see us maximising commercial opportunities to make a start on bridging the revenue gap with similar sized clubs.

They might think they can make more through marketing the whole community thing so not being overly critical, but it feels like we’ve failed to attract what we want.

Strips are the best in a while though.

bigwheel
22-06-2019, 07:50 AM

It may indeed not affect the playing budget - but it is still the equivalent of 2 + players first team salaries less income than we should have - we are worse off as a result ..

jeffers
22-06-2019, 08:11 AM
If the club wanted to take an ethical stance and decided they didn't want alcohol or gambling, why have we got Eden Mill on the back?

Great point.

Agree with others regarding a loss of income, if it's not effecting the player budget what is it effecting ? We are not that rich a club that we shouldn't be looking to maximise revenue by bringing in sponsorship money.

hibbyfraelibby
22-06-2019, 08:13 AM
It may indeed not affect the playing budget - but it is still the equivalent of 2 + players first team salaries less income than we should have - we are worse off as a result ..

Does that mean no new deep fat friers for the manufacture of match day chips?

Decisions, decisions...chips or Sparky?

Hibs90
22-06-2019, 08:22 AM

How do you know its the equivalent of 2 players first team salaries?

bigwheel
22-06-2019, 08:24 AM
You’re not grasping this. You say there were offers on the table, yet the club opted fot the community foundation rather than nothing. It can’t be both? Then you make a stab at guessing how much income has been lost, translating that into players not being signed as a result. That’s despite our leader saying the contrary.

I can’t imagine our club were so poor at the commercial side that we got zero offers..can only surmise that we didn’t get anywhere near what we were looking for ..I can understand why we wouldn’t accept an offer too low - as it resets the value for the deals that follow.. I support that decision- it’s a tough but wise one

The value of these deals are not unknown. I posted previously that I’ve spoken to a number of Scottish clubs in the past about main sponsorship . So the rough quantum is well known for anyone in that space

It’s income lost - it’s material...I actually quite like not having a drink or gambling company not on the shirt..I’m a huge supporter of the work the foundation does - so delighted..

But let’s acknowledge that Hibs set out to get one of their key sponsors deals in place and haven’t managed it..if playing budget is not affected - then circa 150k of other cost are - that’s not immaterial.. not a criticism either - but not sure why post like yours “you’re not grasping this” are being posted - when people clearly are grasping the multi dimensions of it

04Sauzee
22-06-2019, 08:24 AM
How do you know its the equivalent of 2 players first team salaries?

He doesn't he's making it up. I mean why trust what Dempster says eh

Hibs90
22-06-2019, 08:27 AM
if playing budget is not affected

Which it isn't, unless your saying Leeann is lying?

bigwheel
22-06-2019, 08:38 AM

It’s funny on here when any analysis of a situation points towards the club not getting everything right - people get so uppity.. as if the club are some all seeing and doing wise entity that do all perfectly. Makes me chuckle. They set out to get their best sponsorship deal ever and didn’t. Just a fact..they have responded well imho to that circumstance..but they will be looking at themselves as to why they didn’t get it right. ..

when they protect the playing budget , something else gets cut..

if they didn’t get the right value offer I support their decision..

The reason the club have made it clear that they will protect the playing budget is because this does create a material hole in their expected income . They will be dissatisfied with the outcome ..we should be too

But we should enjoy having the foundation on our shirt this year. It’s a great organisation

green day
22-06-2019, 08:44 AM

Presumably cancelling an existing sponsorship deal would have severe financial penalties?

Austinho
22-06-2019, 08:44 AM
I’m happy with the idea of having the foundation on the kit, good Hibs related cause. If it was the same situation but we decided to just give free advertising space to an unrelated charity then I’d maybe feel differently.

Only worry is the impact on HSL, why would people donate when the club isn’t perceived to be doing everything they possibly can to maximise revenue themselves?

BoomtownHibees
22-06-2019, 08:46 AM

I don’t think she’s lying but there is now a funding gap that will affect the club in some shape or form. If the numbers being banded around (200k) are correct, then that’s a fair whack of cash that is gone

Just Jimmy
22-06-2019, 08:47 AM
Which it isn't, unless your saying Leeann is lying?no one is accusing her of lying.

the playing budget won't be affected, however less money in means to have that budget remain the same then it will need to come from somewhere else in the club. that much makes sense.

now some fans ONLY care about the team on the park which is fine, we're a football club first. however, there is unquestionably less money coming in now that we don't have a shirt sponser and are instead paying someone to be on our shirts.

after all that, I like the concept of the foundation on the shirt I just don't see why it's necessary to have a go at fans who question the way it's come about or how it won't impact the club at all. we are a club who deal in thousands of pounds at times, and that has an impact at our level.

I will say that I hope the foundation makes a shed load from it because I think these kits will sell in big numbers.

Cocaine&Caviar
22-06-2019, 08:49 AM

Really liked the black socks the year we were in the championship though...

Eyrie
22-06-2019, 09:03 AM

That makes it sound like the squad will have two fewer players.

In practice it's more likely to be the squad will have the same number of players, but two of those players will be on regular wages rather than star wages - the difference between a Slivka and an Allan.

PH91
22-06-2019, 09:05 AM

Clever wording perhaps? It won't affect the playing budget we have at the moment because it is not going to cost us money. It is also not going to enhance the player budget which a sponsor might have done.

If not securing a sponsor has come about because hibs were looking to move away from alcohol or betting then thats another instance of the club listening to fans. And on the back of that im glad that they have chosen to support HCF rather than have nothing.

FilipinoHibs
22-06-2019, 09:11 AM

Think sponsorship worth £100k a season or one player at 2,000 a week. Selling an extra 3,000 strips would match that us more revenue from the involvement of the Hibernian community folks.

jakedance
22-06-2019, 09:20 AM
I’m buying the home one. I’ve waited for years for a minimalist home kit without a sponsors logo across the front, so whatever the business decisions taken here they’ve sold a shirt they wouldn’t have otherwise. Both of these kits will be classics I think.

jeffers
22-06-2019, 09:27 AM
If indeed the club are making an ethical stance regarding betting/alcohol then I'd fully expect them to also stop selling alcohol in the stadium.

thorbs
22-06-2019, 09:30 AM
Home top; What I've wanted a Macron x Hibs top to be since they were announced. Very similar to the last Nike/Championship winning and the 6-2 kits. Basically what the home top should be every year regardless of sponsor and manufacturer. Traditional.

Away top; An instant classic. Much like the cult hit Mitre/Calor striped kit. The away kit should be the wild coloured or modern of the two every year.

Best Macron kits so far.

Maybe the sponsorship deal fell through and we didn't get the figure we wanted. I would rather we could put a logo of our own choosing than selling out and having some horror of a brand ruin what are great playing kits which I expect will sell well and boost the club. I think these will be all over the stands come the start of the season.

hibee-boys
22-06-2019, 09:32 AM
The lack of shirt sponsor may well not have impacted on the playing budget originally agreed upon but clearly any increased revenue would've given the club the opportunity to increase this budget.

Bangkok Hibby
22-06-2019, 09:33 AM
I see they are on sale today. If somebody buys one soon could you please come back and tell us if they are the same snug fit as previous years. I'm XL in almost all clothing but have been XXL for Hibs shirts the last while. As I have to buy online I've no opportunity to try before I buy.

Thanks

wookie70
22-06-2019, 09:35 AM
Did we ever actually buy the CCTV upgrade or did we just look into it. Maybe that has been cut to balance the deficit of sponsorship money.

There are a few ways it might not really have any great material detriment. Charities spend vast sums on advertising. Who is to say that the offers we had from more traditional sponsors were so low that the community said they will match those offers and want a fiver back on every strip with the club making up any shortfall at the end of the season or the community taking any profits. I doubt we will find out the details so I'm content with trusting LD and I'm delighted that we are doing something that really does chime with the phrase Hibs class. The long term benefits may outweigh the short term loss of revenue, if there has been any.

Greenworld
22-06-2019, 09:49 AM
I don’t think she’s lying but there is now a funding gap that will affect the club in some shape or form. If the numbers being banded around (200k) are correct, then that’s a fair whack of cash that is goneCould it be the much talked about cash injection possible takeover might be behind the no sponsor this season .
Pure guess work but perhaps whoever, may have their own ideas for sponsorship.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
22-06-2019, 10:07 AM
Just been in for the kids strips - no queue to buy, 5 mins wait to get the foundation logo added.

Brightside
22-06-2019, 10:09 AM
I’m buying the home one. I’ve waited for years for a minimalist home kit without a sponsors logo across the front, so whatever the business decisions taken here they’ve sold a shirt they wouldn’t have otherwise. Both of these kits will be classics I think.

Remember and donate the fiver to the foundation anyway

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 10:19 AM

Probably the part of that statement which is quite disingenuous.

Last year I think the LD claim was that Neil Lennon had the biggest ever budget - and that claim was made, if I remember correctly, on the basis that this included not just player salaries and signing fees but also the wide range of other things directly related to the squad - coaches, physios, performance staff etc.

This year the claim is that it won't affect the playing budget. Probably true in direct terms. Probably not true in terms of other things taking a hit one way or another because a chunk of sponsor money is no longer in place. Unless someone or something is paying to allow the Community Foundation brand to be in the strip which is highly unlikely or we would have been told.

It's almost certain that they have failed to attract a sponsor and have gone the Foundation path to spare their own blushes. That's pretty poor commercially and I'm disappointed about it because there's no part of the club's activity that you don't want to see being done to the best advantage possible.

I don't say this as a way to attack LD, I'm a huge fan of hers and we're lucky to have her. However the wording around this is all a bit 'sorry kids, we decided not to go to Disney because Butlins will be much more fun'. Not buying it.

LeithMike
22-06-2019, 10:20 AM
Which it isn't, unless your saying Leeann is lying?A bit of a simplistic way of looking at it. It's unlikely that it's a lie but, equally, it's in the nature of corporate governance that executive members are always going to spin things to defend their decisions and protect the corporate position.

There are clear positives with the new sponsorship but equally it raises a lot of questions. People are contributing a lot through HSL but might wonder why when the Board might not be maximising revenue from other sources.

Equally, the late announcements, the fact that the sponsor's logo is now a choice (which is a good thing) suggsest we had the strips ready to go but no sponsor and it's all been out together at the last minute. Again, this all might be positive but I think it's entirely reasonable for people to be asking questions.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Lendo
22-06-2019, 10:22 AM
If indeed the club are making an ethical stance regarding betting/alcohol then I'd fully expect them to also stop selling alcohol in the stadium.

Why?

Just Jimmy
22-06-2019, 10:29 AM
Just been in for the kids strips - no queue to buy, 5 mins wait to get the foundation logo added.how high up is the logo? it looks really high on the promo stuff.

Centre Hawf
22-06-2019, 10:35 AM
Out of curiosity does anyone know if the donate a kit scheme can be donated towards or do you have to buy a full kit to donate? Wasn't sure if it was something you could stick 10/20 quid towards to help instead of going all out.

Brightside
22-06-2019, 10:38 AM
Out of curiosity does anyone know if the donate a kit scheme can be donated towards or do you have to buy a full kit to donate? Wasn't sure if it was something you could stick 10/20 quid towards to help instead of going all out.

https://www.hiberniancommunityfoundation.org.uk/donate/famous-fivers-hibernian-community-foundation-10th-anniversary-appeal/10/credit-card

PH91
22-06-2019, 10:54 AM
In shop now, 20-25 min wait for sponsor printing and queue now double than when i went in

Centre Hawf
22-06-2019, 10:55 AM
https://www.hiberniancommunityfoundation.org.uk/donate/famous-fivers-hibernian-community-foundation-10th-anniversary-appeal/10/credit-card

This is great, thanks. Was more curious about the specific kit scheme on the club shop though if you know anything about that?

Danderhall Hibs
22-06-2019, 10:56 AM
how high up is the logo? it looks really high on the promo stuff.

Sits pretty central. They get a ruler out to measure the distance - looks normal.

Just Jimmy
22-06-2019, 11:02 AM
Sits pretty central. They get a ruler out to measure the distance - looks normal.magic. thanks.

sambajustice
22-06-2019, 11:14 AM
Look nice.

Not £52 nice though.

NAE NOOKIE
22-06-2019, 11:17 AM
First off, I'm not having a go at the club over the lack of a commercial sponsor on the shirt, I'm sure they moved heaven and earth to try and secure a lucrative deal.

However, at the end of the day Hibs are a professional football club, nobody works for nothing apart from the fans reps and a few non executive directors. In view of that in a business sense the failure to obtain a sponsor for this season is a tick in the debit column for our commercial department.

Its an ill wind as they say, as the community foundation will no doubt agree, but the bottom line here is we are a football club not a charity, stuff like the community foundation is and should be absolutely secondary to the main business of putting a successful team on the park and maintaining and improving the infrastructure and staff required to do that, so if Hibs have even turned down a deal at £100,000 a year in favour of the community foundation I struggle to see the sense in it.

There is some suggestion that part of this issue has been Hibs looking to move away from prominent gambling and alcohol sponsorship. If that is the case I for one would be less than impressed.

In fact …. If Hibs are going to go 'in house' with the main sponsor why the hell didn't we chuck "HIBS SUPPORTERS LTD" on the front of the shirt … a body which brings money into the club rather than takes money out of it :dunno:

BoomtownHibees
22-06-2019, 11:18 AM
Sits pretty central. They get a ruler out to measure the distance - looks normal.

Is it just the kids strips that you need to wait for printing? I went in and got mine that was already done

Since452
22-06-2019, 11:22 AM
First off, I'm not having a go at the club over the lack of a commercial sponsor on the shirt, I'm sure they moved heaven and earth to try and secure a lucrative deal.

However, at the end of the day Hibs are a professional football club, nobody works for nothing apart from the fans reps and a few non executive directors. In view of that in a business sense the failure to obtain a sponsor for this season is a tick in the debit column for our commercial department.

Its an ill wind as they say, as the community foundation will no doubt agree, but the bottom line here is we are a football club not a charity, stuff like the community foundation is and should be absolutely secondary to the main business of putting a successful team on the park and maintaining and improving the infrastructure and staff required to do that, so if Hibs have even turned down a deal at £100,000 a year in favour of the community foundation I for one struggle to see the sense in it.

There is some suggestion that part of this issue has been Hibs looking to move away from prominent gambling and alcohol sponsorship. If that is the case I for one would be less than impressed.

In fact …. If Hibs are going to go 'in house' with the main sponsor why the hell didn't we chuck "HIBS SUPPORTERS LTD" on the front of the shirt … a body which brings money into the club rather than takes money out of it :dunno:

Exactly. If Hibs aren't interested in bringing in even 100k through sponsorship it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to the average working supporter paying into HSL every month. I know Leeann has said it's not impacting the player budget but that makes me think it's impacting something else. I think we need proper clarification on it.

Real Emerald
22-06-2019, 11:25 AM

Its an ill wind as they say, as the community foundation will no doubt agree, but the bottom line here is we are a football club not a charity, stuff like the community foundation is and should be absolutely secondary to the main business of putting a successful team on the park and maintaining and improving the infrastructure and staff required to do that, so if Hibs have even turned down a deal at £100,000 a year in favour of the community foundation I for one struggle to see the sense in it.

Unless there are other reasons behind this that we all don’t know about, I 100% agree with everything you are saying here. We are not a charity and it’s quite unbelievable we are turning down shirt sponsorship money when fans are trying to increase the players budget by other means. It doesn’t make sense to me.

Dunc89
22-06-2019, 11:36 AM

Its an ill wind as they say, as the community foundation will no doubt agree, but the bottom line here is we are a football club not a charity, stuff like the community foundation is and should be absolutely secondary to the main business of putting a successful team on the park and maintaining and improving the infrastructure and staff required to do that, so if Hibs have even turned down a deal at £100,000 a year in favour of the community foundation I struggle to see the sense in it.

Hibs are much more than an ordinary business. It is an important social and cultural institution that plays a big role in the community, and in fact is a community in itself. Dempster has made it clear from the outset about her belief in that, too. Putting a charitable organisation on the strips is in line with the ethos of the club - both in terms of current vision, and historically. It's something that those present at that very first meeting in St Mary's Street Halls in 1875 would be proud of.

The strips are fine, the sponsorship is, in the very least, good PR, and at its best, will benefit those less well off (even in a small way). These are good things.

NAE NOOKIE
22-06-2019, 11:37 AM
Exactly. If Hibs aren't interested in bringing in even 100k through sponsorship it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to the average working supporter paying into HSL every month. I know Leeann has said it's not impacting the player budget but that makes me think it's impacting something else. I think we need proper clarification on it.

Indeed mate. I would like to know if HSL was an option or was there some legal barrier to having them on the strip. I'm not against stuff like the community foundation in the slightest, as I understand it amongst other worthy initiatives they support the Hibs ladies team who have been an utter credit to the Hibernian name.

But the uppermost thought in the minds of our directors before anything else should be funding the club. They surely cannot be unaware that Hearts and Aberdeen currently run supporters initiatives which massively out strip HSL in funding their clubs and that like it or not in the fullness of time that disparity will begin to tell. If you ask me ignoring the opportunity to get HSL onto the strip for a season compounds the felony of failing to secure a proper shirt sponsorship deal.

Centre Hawf
22-06-2019, 11:40 AM

I agree with you. I think if we wanted to do something in regards to the foundation we could have maybe put them as a sponsor where Eden Mills is on the back of our tops or at the bottom maybe and done the extra 5 quid donation option. Or we could have put them onto the kids tops that couldn't have a betting or drinks company instead.

It does seem awfully strange to turn down the option of an extra 100 to 200k a season regardless if it effects the footballing budget or not. Something, somewhere, is going to be neglected financially because of this and it will catch up to us one day when we need to foot a big repair bill because something wasn't maintained, or pay out compensation because something wasn't safe enough. I know that's a big hypothetical reach on my part but it's possible.

tamig
22-06-2019, 11:45 AM
Is it just the kids strips that you need to wait for printing? I went in and got mine that was already done

No. The pre-printed ones all sold out early doors. If you want the foundation logo you need to wait in the queue. A longer wait if you have a few kids getting names and numbers on. The guy at the machine said they weren’t sure what the uptake would be for the foundation logo but he reckoned about 3 out of every 4 sold were asking for it.

Speedway
22-06-2019, 11:46 AM
I wonder if we have got a massive sponsor who has underwritten the HCF sponsorship and Petrie and Farmer have pocketed the money for themselves and made Leann lie to us because secretly they’re all Rangers fans who want to see us go bust before being asset stripped by the Wallace Mercer Terminal Tory Foundation and all proceeds then being donated to FoH?

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 11:47 AM
Hibs are much more than an ordinary business. It is an important social and cultural institution that plays a big role in the community, and in fact is a community in itself. Dempster has made it clear from the outset about her belief in that, too. Putting a charitable organisation on the strips is in line with the ethos of the club - both in terms of current vision, and historically. It's something that those present at that very first meeting in St Mary's Street Halls in 1875 would be proud of.

The strips are fine, the sponsorship is, in the very least, good PR, and at its best, will benefit those less well off (even in a small way). These are good things.

Why am I putting my monthly sub into HSL if the club is giving it away by not having a sponsor?

tamig
22-06-2019, 11:48 AM

Why? Do you not trust the board to do the job they’re meant to do? And why’s it a kick in the teeth to HSL donators? I know where my HSL money goes and am more than happy with that. The griping on here about the sponsorship position is unreal.

tamig
22-06-2019, 11:49 AM
Why am I putting my monthly sub into HSL if the club is giving it away by not having a sponsor?

What are you talking about? Your HSL money goes to the product on the pitch.

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 11:53 AM
What are you talking about? Your HSL money goes to the product on the pitch.

And so could have any sponsorship revenue. Since we have decided to forgo that revenue all that my money is now doing is replacing the sponsorship revenue that could have increased the squad spend.

NAE NOOKIE
22-06-2019, 11:57 AM

I'm aware of that mate and yes no doubt having the community foundation on the strip will be good PR. But lets not pretend this has been a conscious decision by the club to turn our backs on distasteful commercialism in order to promote good works.

At the end of the day if somebody shakes a bucket under my nose for Hibs ladies, food banks, or especially Dnipro kids as I head to the turnstiles I never fail to put my hand in my pocket and I'm glad to do it. But this is no longer folk in pantaloons and big moustaches giving up their Saturday afternoons to enrich their communities … Hibs are now in the cut throat business of professional football and no amount of good PR is going to get you to a cup final or a European qualification place in the league.

If we are in a position to help the community for sure we should do so and be proactive in that aim, as we have been for a good few years now. But not at the expense of the good financial health of the club and for that reason HSL is what should be on the strip and not the community foundation.

Since452
22-06-2019, 11:58 AM
Indeed mate. I would like to know if HSL was an option or was there some legal barrier to having them on the strip. I'm not against stuff like the community foundation in the slightest, as I understand it amongst other worthy initiatives they support the Hibs ladies team who have been an utter credit to the Hibernian name.

But the uppermost thought in the minds of our directors before anything else should be funding the club. They surely cannot be unaware that Hearts and Aberdeen currently run supporters initiatives which massively out strip HSL in funding their clubs and that like it or not in the fullness of time that disparity will begin to tell. If you ask me ignoring the opportunity to get HSL onto the strip for a season compounds the felony of failing to secure a proper shirt sponsorship deal.

Completely agree. Hibs community trust is fantastic it really is but imagine it was HSL on the front of the strip with every 5 quid the fans paid to get it on the replica strip going directly to the player budget not to mention the advertising it would get . Can't help but think that we've missed a trick and as you say compounds not having a sponsor

madhatter
22-06-2019, 12:03 PM
And so could have any sponsorship revenue. Since we have decided to forgo that revenue all that my money is now doing is replacing the sponsorship revenue that could have increased the squad spend.

That's a big leap...

Do you honestly think MarathonBet threw money at Hibs? I'd argue that Hibs were more beneficial to MarathonBet than they were to us. Scottish clubs outside the Old Firm get very little from sponsors and TV. Vast proportion of the cash comes from the fans.

You, like I, have no idea what the impact on the budget will be. I prefer to trust the club a little bit rather than resort to statements like "all that my money is now doing is replacing the sponsorship revenue" when you do not have that information. Statements like that are either trying to sabotage HSL backing (and other cash revenues the club have) or just a knickers in a twist moment.

BoomtownHibees
22-06-2019, 12:08 PM
The thing is, maybe the sponsorship money was never used directly for the playing budget, hence why they can say it won’t be affected. But it still leaves us with a shortfall somewhere in the club, regardless of how it is spun

weecounty hibby
I pay into HSL and I don't feel like I've been kicked in the teeth at all. If we were going to get a poor deal from a sponsor then why not put the community charity on the front. Would rather that than selling the jerseys cheaply.

tamig

You’re making stuff up now. How do you know what any sponsorship revenue is earmarked for?

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 12:14 PM
That's a big leap...

Do you honestly think MarathonBet threw money at Hibs? I'd argue that Hibs were more beneficial to MarathonBet than they were to us. Scottish clubs outside the Old Firm get very little from sponsors and TV. Vast proportion of the cash comes from the fans.

You, like I, have no idea what the impact on the budget will be. I prefer to trust the club a little bit rather than resort to statements like "all that my money is now doing is replacing the sponsorship revenue" when you do not have that information. Statements like that are either trying to sabotage HSL backing (and other cash revenues the club have) or just a knickers in a twist moment.

What a ridiculous statement.

If the suggested figures of £100,000 to £200,00 sponsorship per year are remotely accurate then the loss is equal to 277 of us donating £30 a month (the highest HSL donation option), every month, for a year, just to equal the lower figure of £100,000.

Maybe statements like mine aren't anything to do with "trying to sabotage HSL backing (and other cash revenues the club have) or just a knickers in a twist moment". Perhaps instead I'm asking perfectly legitimate questions about an announcement that doesn't appear to stack up.

madhatter
22-06-2019, 12:14 PM
The thing is, maybe the sponsorship money was never used directly for the playing budget, hence why they can say it won’t be affected. But it still leaves us with a shortfall somewhere in the club, regardless of how it is spun

What is the shortfall though? Millions? I honestly doubt a 4 year deal with MarathonBet would cover Scott Allan's salary. Sponsorships for Scottish clubs are rotten. I also don't agree with betting and alcohol seemingly being the only two options for football sponsorships (especially in Scotland). Hope this is the first step in us getting away from this.

madhatter
22-06-2019, 12:19 PM
What a ridiculous statement.

If the suggested figures of £100,000 to £200,00 sponsorship per year are remotely accurate then the loss is equal to 277 of us donating £30 a month (the highest HSL donation option), every month, for a year, just to equal the lower figure of £100,000.

Maybe statements like mine aren't anything to do with "trying to sabotage HSL backing (and other cash revenues the club have) or just a knickers in a twist moment". Perhaps instead I'm asking perfectly legitimate questions about an announcement that doesn't appear to stack up.

You didn't ask a question. You made a statement - "all that my money is now doing is replacing the sponsorship revenue". You are going by suggested figures and throwing about statements, ask questions by all means but you aren't doing that. Get in touch with fans rep, contact HSL for reassurances.

BoomtownHibees
22-06-2019, 12:20 PM
What is the shortfall though? Millions? I honestly doubt a 4 year deal with MarathonBet would cover Scott Allan's salary. Sponsorships for Scottish clubs are rotten. I also don't agree with betting and alcohol seemingly being the only two options for football sponsorships (especially in Scotland). Hope this is the first step in us getting away from this.

I don’t know however even if it’s at the lower end of the numbers quoted, say £100k a year, that’s a lot of cash for a club our size to lose out on

Centre Hawf
22-06-2019, 12:24 PM

If Scott Allans on 4k a week say for arguments sake then that works out to just over 200k over a year. I don't think its outwith the realms of possibility to suggest a shirt sponsorship could almost quite literally pay for his wage.

percy veer
22-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Remember and donate the fiver to the foundation anyway

people don't need it rammed down their throat, if the want to donate they can if not fine by me. Who are you to tell people what to do anyway.

MyJo
22-06-2019, 12:32 PM
The marathon bet sponsorship was probably worth £250k to £300k a season to the club but their package wasn’t just for the shirts, it included a stack of advertising space in the stadium and on the website etc plus control of all in stadium betting.

While we aren’t receiving money for putting someone’s brand on the kits all that other stuff can still be sold, offsetting the actual loss to the club in comparison to what we got from marathonbet.

My guess is that the offers we did get were more gambling companies wanting a similar package to what marathonbet had and the club have listened to the feedback and didn’t want to continue promoting a company of that nature.

Alternatives weren’t as attractive or lucrative and I don’t imagine that any other drinks brands would be willing to get involved while Eden mill are also our partners.

Club have a looked at the figures, felt the money they could get from selling the other parts of the sponsorship package separately and the bonus McGinn money we will get from Villa’s promotion would be enough to support the squad budget while not having a main shirt sponsor for the season rather than taking a deal that wasn’t decent value for the club or another gambling company.

madhatter
22-06-2019, 12:36 PM
If Scott Allans on 4k a week say for arguments sake then that works out to just over 200k over a year. I don't think its outwith the realms of possibility to suggest a shirt sponsorship could almost quite literally pay for his wage.

Does that justify the means though? We are promoting a business that will have taken money out of fans pocket for their own profit. If people hadn't put bets on, they could have put money into HSL. Denise Coates should put anyone off being sponsored by a gambling company. I'm not willing to see our club profit from the potential downturn of a fellow fans life. I know I'm making this about morals but I would like to tie this back to we are only getting 100-200k a year (by guessed figures), enough to just about afford Scott Allan's salary. Is that really worth it? Are the risk of gambling addictions worth that?

Gambling and Alcohol companies are like vultures around football fans, it has to stop.

Dunc89
22-06-2019, 12:39 PM

That's really a question for the board, not for me.

As a season ticket holder who views the club as a social entity with a responsibility to the community, I'm happy for the club to take a manageable financial hit in order for a charity to benefit (even if it has happened by accident more than design here). I also think - and am not alone in this - that it's important that we divested ourselves from gambling companies.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-06-2019, 12:46 PM
Just purchased

Loving the new top now I've seen it in person

The staff at the club shop were friendly and helpful as always

GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
22-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Why? Do you not trust the board to do the job they’re meant to do? And why’s it a kick in the teeth to HSL donators? I know where my HSL money goes and am more than happy with that. The griping on here about the sponsorship position is unreal.

As an HSL donator I wouldn't go so far as to call this a kick in the teeth … that suggests it was Hibs intention to forgo a commercial sponsor on the shirt in favour of the community foundation from the get go, which it obviously wasn't.

But its clear that Hibs turned down at least two offers of paid sponsorship in favour of the community foundation and in view of that it is in no way unreasonable for fans who put money into the club to question such a move. Why are we putting what is in effect free money into the club only for the club to turn down income from other sources.

If you are struggling to see why folk are griping sort this paradox for me:

A good few Hibs fans who have sat in the 'executive' section in the FF upper for a number of years are now being forced to move because Hibs have to all intents and purposes priced them out … Hibs have seen fit to do this even though the extra income increasing the price of these seats is likely to generate over a season is absolutely miniscule in the general scheme of things.

That talks to me of a club where every extra penny they are able to generate counts, so much so that they are willing to inconvenience loyal supporters.

Now this same club is turning down sponsorship money which simply has to dwarf any extra income the FF upper section 50 price increase would generate.

That talks to me of a club who think they are in such a sound financial position that they can choose to turn down money in the tens of thousands because they think it under values the clubs brand …. in financial terms nothing less than cutting off its nose to spite its face. If we can afford to do that, how does it square with what we have done in the FF upper?

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 12:50 PM
You didn't ask a question. You made a statement - "all that my money is now doing is replacing the sponsorship revenue". You are going by suggested figures and throwing about statements, ask questions by all means but you aren't doing that. Get in touch with fans rep, contact HSL for reassurances.

I'll raise my concerns on .net if that's ok with you. Plenty of participation here from fan reps, HSL people, and everyone else generally who should be able to throw light on things.

It is unquestionably the case that no sponsorship money means less revenue for the club, unless a private donor is paying for the Foundation logo to be on the front of the strip. Since we haven't been told that is the case it seems highly unlikely this is what has happened.

If less money is coming in due to no sponsorship then the squad budget isn't being increased by whatever it could have been with that money. If sponsorship money was previously helping to fund the squad, but the squad budget is being protected, then something else is taking a hit to protect the squad. One way and another my HSL donation is effectively subsidising the lack of sponsorship - unless someone or something else is paying for the Foundation logo to be front of strip.

If we are going the moral path with the Foundation then why not state that from the outset rather than have a late kit release after failing to secure a sponsor, with the Foundation get-out added in at the end? And if we have no sponsor and are giving it away for free why not make HSL part or all of that campaign to raise visibility, increase fan ownership and strengthen the squad budget?

NAE NOOKIE
22-06-2019, 12:56 PM
I'll raise my concerns on .net if that's ok with you. Plenty of participation here from fan reps, HSL people, and everyone else generally who should be able to throw light on things.

It is unquestionably the case that no sponsorship money means less revenue for the club, unless a private donor is paying for the Foundation logo to be on the front of the strip. Since we haven't been told that is the case it seems highly unlikely this is what has happened.

If less money is coming in due to no sponsorship then the squad budget isn't being increased by whatever it could have been with that money. If sponsorship money was previously helping to fund the squad, but the squad budget is being protected, then something else is taking a hit to protect the squad. One way and another my HSL donation is effectively subsidising the lack of sponsorship - unless someone or something else is paying for the Foundation logo to be front of strip.

If we are going the moral path with the Foundation then why not state that from the outset rather than have a late kit release after failing to secure a sponsor, with the Foundation get-out added in at the end? And if we have no sponsor and are giving it away for free why not make HSL part or all of that campaign to raise visibility, increase fan ownership and strengthen the squad budget?

:top marks

Centre Hawf
22-06-2019, 12:59 PM
Does that justify the means though? We are promoting a business that will have taken money out of fans pocket for their own profit. If people hadn't put bets on, they could have put money into HSL. Denise Coates should put anyone off being sponsored by a gambling company. I'm not willing to see our club profit from the potential downturn of a fellow fans life. I know I'm making this about morals but I would like to tie this back to we are only getting 100-200k a year (by guessed figures), enough to just about afford Scott Allan's salary. Is that really worth it? Are the risk of gambling addictions worth that?

Gambling and Alcohol companies are like vultures around football fans, it has to stop.

I think that's definitely a better point to be made to be honest. I do have my reservations on gambling sponsors but I would rather the club came out and said that, but I don't think this is the case at the moment. Drinks companies I'm okay with but then you can make the argument about alcoholism etc and I fully get that side of things.

If the club wanted to make a point of no longer associating itself with gambling companies then I will happily support them in that decision but they would need to communicate that to us, until they do I will assume the buggered up the sponsorship situation and went for a quick fix and in turn have cost the club money.

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 01:00 PM

This is a separate and legitimate issue, though almost any sponsor would have taken money out of fans pockets for profit - however directly or indirectly.

To quote back to you what you were saying to me earlier, you don't know who the potential sponsors may have been and you're just guessing that it would be a gambling or alcohol company. What about if it was a Bukta or MacBean protective clothing? It's a loss of revenue and given the fanfare about sponsor deals in the past it seems unlikely to be peanuts in the wider scheme of things.

madhatter
22-06-2019, 01:15 PM

I see your points but ultimately due to Leeann's involvement in the Community Foundation, HSL and the club itself, it pulls her position into question. That's the bigger problem than having 200k less this year. The club's CEO is a director in each of these organisations and makes this all strange (which is something I will agree with you on). I can sort of understand why HSL wasn't the main focus on the strips because HSL have been having a branding issue themselves (people don't like HSL) and HSL isn't well backed by fans (we've got approximately 10% of our maximum home attendance donating, closer to 13% of our average attendance). Putting HSL on the strips would lead to "Ponzi scheme" and "so we have to buy the strips and pay for HSL" and "why couldn't they secure a commercial sponsor". It wouldn't have led to a huge influx of new donors.

I don't like the fact this has been spoken as if the club have "investigated the foundation" when Leeann is a director of the foundation. She does seem to have a drive to help the community but I think her involvement in everything is creating mistrust and suspicion. HSL being the example.

Not sure of the goings-on but suspect this is well-meant. I think the moral route is the one the club have taken. Having "The Changing Room" and the other mental health and wellbeing stuff alongside MarathonBet plastered around the place just never hit home with me personally.

tamig
22-06-2019, 01:18 PM
As an HSL donator I wouldn't go so far as to call this a kick in the teeth … that suggests it was Hibs intention to forgo a commercial sponsor on the shirt in favour of the community foundation from the get go, which it obviously wasn't.

But its clear that Hibs turned down at least two offers of paid sponsorship in favour of the community foundation and in view of that it is in no way unreasonable for fans who put money into the club to question such a move. Why are we putting what is in effect free money into the club only for the club to turn down income from other sources.

If you are struggling to see why folk are griping sort this paradox for me:

A good few Hibs fans who have sat in the 'executive' section in the FF upper for a number of years are now being forced to move because Hibs have to all intents and purposes priced them out … Hibs have seen fit to do this even though the extra income increasing the price of these seats is likely to generate over a season is absolutely miniscule in the general scheme of things.

That talks to me of a club where every extra penny they are able to generate counts, so much so that they are willing to inconvenience loyal supporters.

Now this same club is turning down sponsorship money which simply has to dwarf any extra income the FF upper section 50 price increase would generate.

That talks to me of a club who think they are in such a sound financial position that they can choose to turn down money in the tens of thousands because they think it under values the clubs brand …. in financial terms nothing less than cutting off its nose to spite its face. If we can afford to do that, how does it square with what we have done in the FF upper?
And how do you know that the cash available from a paid sponsorship deal isn’t being met from another source?

NAE NOOKIE
22-06-2019, 01:21 PM
That's really a question for the board, not for me.

As a season ticket holder who views the club as a social entity with a responsibility to the community, I'm happy for the club to take a manageable financial hit in order for a charity to benefit (even if it has happened by accident more than design here). I also think - and am not alone in this - that it's important that we divested ourselves from gambling companies.

Sorry but as a season ticket holder and HSL contributor who has come out of retirement and taken a part time job purely in order to fund my expensive Hibs habit I am far from happy to see the money I put into Hibs in order to see the club thrive and do well on and off the park effectively given away to charity.

Every Hibs fan wants to see the club connected to and helping the community which supports it and we do that in many ways, for example by opening up the club's facilities to disability groups and providing facilities for community education … not to mention involvement in a range of mental health initiatives. The club's directors and playing staff also contribute by showing support for many local social initiatives and the like.

That is what using the club to help and support the community means to me …. it does not mean diverting money the fans put into the club in order to see it operate successfully in its core business of professional football into non football related activities, no matter how noble the cause and no matter how indirectly its done.

As for divesting ourselves from gambling companies ….. that's all very nice and ethical, but where do we stop? Name me a potential Hibs sponsor with an international profile and I bet a pound to a penny I could find an ethical reason for Hibs not to have them on the front of our shirt.

Dalianwanda
22-06-2019, 01:32 PM
And how do you know that the cash available from a paid sponsorship deal isn’t being met from another source?

:agree: We dont...Theres some legitimate questions being asked but these are all sandwiched into a bunch of guesswork disguised as statements around the money coming into the club.

NAE NOOKIE
22-06-2019, 01:37 PM

I don't. But if it was I don't believe for a second Hibs wouldn't have said so. Until that happens the only logical conclusion is that it isn't being covered from elsewhere and that will continue to be my position until someone proves me wrong.

SteveHFC
22-06-2019, 01:40 PM
Just been in the shop to get my shirt. Half an hour queue to get the sponsor printed onto the shirt.

The shirt without the sponsor looks better.

Brightside
22-06-2019, 01:42 PM
people don't need it rammed down their throat, if the want to donate they can if not fine by me. Who are you to tell people what to do anyway.

That’s the spirit. 👍

Centre Hawf
22-06-2019, 01:59 PM
Just been in the shop to get my shirt. Half an hour queue to get the sponsor printed onto the shirt.

Personally think the sponsorless versions look really cheap for some reason. Like a weird training top.

erin go bragh
22-06-2019, 02:12 PM

Always fancied a top without the sponsor logo but this top without one ,looks like a training top but I might change my mind when I see it in the cloth :)

green day
22-06-2019, 02:16 PM

You might want to re-read at the highlighted parts of your post above and reflect that in reality - none of us know the financial implications, so making a leap that HSL money is somehow "filling the hole" is a wee bit silly.

SteveHFC
22-06-2019, 02:18 PM
Personally think the sponsorless versions look really cheap for some reason. Like a weird training top.

I've always loved football shirts without a sponsor.

hibbydad
22-06-2019, 02:29 PM
You might want to re-read at the highlighted parts of your post above and reflect that in reality - none of us know the financial implications, so making a leap that HSL money is somehow "filling the hole" is a wee bit silly.
I would suggest the additional funds received for John Mcginn is more than making up the shortfall in sponsor money Bringing up HSL is a red herring

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 02:31 PM
I would suggest the additional funds received for John Mcginn is more than making up the shortfall in sponsor money Bringing up HSL is a red herring

Even if it is that money could have been spent on players.

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 02:35 PM

Can we agree that if there is no sponsorship this season and that there was sponsorship last season then regardless of whatever other money may be coming in, we are down in respect of sponsorship revenue by last season’s amount?

Since452
22-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Regardless of whether it impacts the player budget or the purchase of bog roll for east mains I'm dissapointed the club that i pay a lot of money in to every season one way or another to play a small part in trying to progress the us has chosen to turn down sponsorship money. I can see why others feel the same.

mentalhibee
22-06-2019, 03:04 PM
Sponsorless looks class!

Aldo
22-06-2019, 03:14 PM
Whose to say that the club don’t have other investment lined up hence the reason they have went down this route??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 03:15 PM
Whose to say that the club don’t have other investment lined up hence the reason they have went down this route??

We can’t say as it’s all speculation.

Aldo
22-06-2019, 03:17 PM
We can’t say as it’s all speculation.

I know.

I would like to think the club know what they are doing.

As it stands I am happy to stand by the decision of the club!

GreenCastle
22-06-2019, 03:19 PM
Does the top have Eden Mill on the back?

Seems madness they are printing logos in shop.

Surely easier to be pre printed - I know these sold out ?!

Also any news on Away kit release date ?

Hibernia&Alba
22-06-2019, 03:21 PM
I normally don't like purple strips, but this one, with the thin green stripes, looks very smart.

BoomtownHibees
22-06-2019, 03:24 PM

They must still have some pre-printed. I got mine around 12pm in the packet that was already done

BlackSheep
22-06-2019, 03:25 PM
How is the sizing compared to previous years??

hibsfan
22-06-2019, 04:34 PM
I won’t be buying either top this season and it’s purely down to the sponsorship decision. Without a sponsor it looks like a cheap training top. Odd I know, as it’s the same garment... but it does. But at the same time - why should I pay more to have a logo printed on it... despite the claim that this will do great work through the foundation, which I am sure it would... it’s an awkward decision to make as a supporter and therefore - the easy option is simply not to buy which is a shame.
I appreciate them moving away from booze and gambling sponsors - but many other options would have looked better than this.

Imagine how much better Eden Mill would have looked on the front and Hibs community on the back even.

Danderhall Hibs
22-06-2019, 04:37 PM

My daughter’s are standard size - 9yo is in a 7-8 and 16 yo is in a small boys (or xxs).

tamig
22-06-2019, 04:38 PM

A red herring and a damaging statement in influencing potential HSL donators. A foolhardy and dangerous comment imo.

tamig
22-06-2019, 04:43 PM
I know.

I would like to think the club know what they are doing.

As it stands I am happy to stand by the decision of the club!

Exactly Aldo. Far too many on this thread appear to be questioning the club’s ability to manage the finances effectively. Prudent financial management is something I don’t think too many commentators would accuse Hibs of falling short in. A shame some of our support don’t share that view.

Greencore
22-06-2019, 04:45 PM
Do they have the home top in an XXXXXL
Asking for a friend.

BoomtownHibees
22-06-2019, 04:46 PM
I won’t be buying either top this season and it’s purely down to the sponsorship decision. Without a sponsor it looks like a cheap training top. Odd I know, as it’s the same garment... but it does. But at the same time - why should I pay more to have a logo printed on it... despite the claim that this will do great work through the foundation, which I am sure it would... it’s an awkward decision to make as a supporter and therefore - the easy option is simply not to buy which is a shame.
I appreciate them moving away from booze and gambling sponsors - but many other options would have looked better than this.

Imagine how much better Eden Mill would have looked on the front and Hibs community on the back even.

So you’re happy at moving away from alcohol sponsors but think Eden Mill would have looked a lot better in the front?

BoomtownHibees
22-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Asking for a friend.

Think it goes up to 6xl

tamig
22-06-2019, 04:47 PM

It has Eden Mill on the back. I was in just before 12 and there were a few pre-printed left but only in specific sizes. As I mentioned earlier in the thread one of the guys in the shop said the club weren’t sure how popular the Foundation logo would or wouldn’t be - hence the need for the backup printing.

tamig
22-06-2019, 04:49 PM
Think it goes up to 6xl

6xl? What shape are these folk? You could fly to the moon in that.

tamig
22-06-2019, 04:51 PM

My 18 year old son had a medium last season and got the same today. He said its consistent with last season size wise.

CyberSauzee
22-06-2019, 04:55 PM

Known in the trade as the Cliff Lazarenko

MSK
22-06-2019, 04:55 PM
Asking for a friend.My friend wants to know too 😆

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 04:57 PM
Asking for a friend.

The XXXXL one for you will be fine 👍

Malthibby
22-06-2019, 05:01 PM

Dearie me, Mr. Underscore was simply reminding folk about the £5 donation.
If you want to find out the difference between that & rammed down your throat, spend 6 months in Saughton.

Saturday Boy
22-06-2019, 05:06 PM

6xl ? Surely you mean XL5 😄

SquashedFrogg
22-06-2019, 05:10 PM

So you acknowledge the foundation does important things yet refuse to pay a small amount to help them? Or support the club financially?

Oddest post I've read in a while.

green day
22-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Can we agree that if there is no sponsorship this season and that there was sponsorship last season then regardless of whatever other money may be coming in, we are down in respect of sponsorship revenue by last season’s amount?

I am unclear what "no sponsorship this season" means?

Do you mean "no shirt sponsor"?

I ask because we have loads of sponsorship spots, including those non shirt spots now vacated by Marathonbet.

It is entirely unclear if we will be up, down, or broadly even due to this change. Some - like you - are automatically jumping to the conclusion that "we are down in respect of sponsorship revenue".

So, that was a long way of saying - no, we cant agree, as neither of us know :aok:

Jones28
22-06-2019, 05:40 PM

I don't think I've ever disagreed with you NN, but I've got to say that I think the club should be totally commended for avoiding the alcohol and gambling routes that are the usual haunts for football clubs.

A football club is so much more than a business and their intimate relationship with the community that surrounds it is indicated by the choices that have resulted in this deal. It says to me that the club are committed to giving something back.

We know that Hibs Supporters LTD bring money into the club, were they pursuing a deal? They would surely have known the sponsorship was up with marathonbet and there was an opening, if their marketing has been anything to go by then I would think not.

If you're less than impressed by the club moving away from gambling and alcohol for the sake of £100,000 a year I would suggest just thinking about the contrast between being sponsored by a bookmakers and being sponsored by a community foundation. It's a different perspective.

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 06:22 PM
I am unclear what "no sponsorship this season" means?

Do you mean "no shirt sponsor"?

I ask because we have loads of sponsorship spots, including those non shirt spots now vacated by Marathonbet.

It is entirely unclear if we will be up, down, or broadly even due to this change. Some - like you - are automatically jumping to the conclusion that "we are down in respect of sponsorship revenue".

So, that was a long way of saying - no, we cant agree, as neither of us know :aok:

As we have been discussing shirt sponsorship I would have thought it clear that this is what I was referring to. We had shirt sponsorship last year, we don't this year. That leaves us down.

We may have other sponsorship that leaves us better off in net terms, but if we also had shirt sponsorship again we would be even better off. We have a range of different revenue streams, why would we want to close one of them off?

It was just last season that Leeann was - rightly - bemoaning the fact that poor fan behaviour was going to cost us the expense of introducing additional CCTV cameras, money which she said she would rather we were spending on football. We are not awash with cash so it's hard to see how losing short sponsorship helps, regardless of whatever else is happening.

There's nothing complicated about this.

Aldo
22-06-2019, 06:29 PM
I don't think I've ever disagreed with you NN, but I've got to say that I think the club should be totally commended for avoiding the alcohol and gambling routes that are the usual haunts for football clubs.

A football club is so much more than a business and their intimate relationship with the community that surrounds it is indicated by the choices that have resulted in this deal. It says to me that the club are committed to giving something back.

We know that Hibs Supporters LTD bring money into the club, were they pursuing a deal? They would surely have known the sponsorship was up with marathonbet and there was an opening, if their marketing has been anything to go by then I would think not.

If you're less than impressed by the club moving away from gambling and alcohol for the sake of £100,000 a year I would suggest just thinking about the contrast between being sponsored by a bookmakers and being sponsored by a community foundation. It's a different perspective.

Having just listened to LD regarding the potential sponsors she was honest enough to say that deals were on the table but she didn’t think they were right and the club wanted to move in another direction.

Whether it was 50k or 500k a year it must have been a big decision not to take it.

I think LD and the club should be applauded for this. She did say it was a changing scene in respect of Alcohol and Betting sponsors.

Well done and hopefully others will see this as a positive!

Hibernia&Alba
22-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Asking for a friend.

Personal question, but how much does your 'friend' weigh? :wink:

I'm bang on 13 stone and take XL; 5XL is scary.

EI255
22-06-2019, 07:13 PM
Anyone who's bought the new top know if the Eden Mill logo is on the back?

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

PH91
22-06-2019, 07:17 PM
Anyone who's bought the new top know if the Eden Mill logo is on the back?

Yes, it is

Cocaine&Caviar
22-06-2019, 08:02 PM

I bought last seasons away shirt in a 5XL to give the girlfriend as a pyjama top - £15 after all. Once you get beyond XL the sizes dont really increase that much

Marvellous
22-06-2019, 08:43 PM
Away kit is ****ing tidy!

EI255
22-06-2019, 10:55 PM
Yes, it isCheers.

cwilliamson85
22-06-2019, 11:17 PM
Are you able to buy the top without the community logo being added but still give the donation?

Chorley Hibee
23-06-2019, 12:24 AM
Yes, it is

So it's obviously not a moral stance against alcohol sponsorship.

04Sauzee
23-06-2019, 12:27 AM
So it's obviously not a moral stance against alcohol sponsorship.

Not sure how long eden mill agreed to sponsor us? It could be were obliged to have them on our strips thia coming season

NAE NOOKIE
23-06-2019, 12:41 AM

I get what you are saying, but it doesn't change my view.

As I said in another post Hibs are playing professional football, we are not a charitable organisation whose main aim is to serve the community first with our football business secondary, especially if that manifests itself in the club taking a financial hit in order to serve that community … that to me is taking the concept of 'giving something back' too far and is as clear a case of putting the cart before the horse as I can think of.

Good works in the community should be a by product of a financially healthy, successful and well supported football club … what they shouldn't be is a drain on the resources the club should be using to put a successful team on the park. So if we are turning down hard cash, no matter how disappointing the amount, in favour of a shirt advert which generates the sum total of sod all to putting a team on the park and funding the back room staff required to support it then in my opinion we are getting our priorities mixed up.

As for HSL …. The way you have couched it it looks like you are suggesting HSL failed to approach Hibs with a financial offer to have their name on the strip, which makes no sense when you consider that every penny HSL takes in goes to Hibs anyway. So far as I can see Hibs should have been all over this the second they realised we would be without a commercial sponsor … giving away the spot to an organisation which contributes nothing financially over one which exists solely to inject cash into the club and is looking to grow its ability to do that by attracting new members is as barmy a fiscal decision as I can think of if you are serious in you aim of producing a successful team.

For sure the club gets more kudos publicity wise by having a charity on the strip rather than a bookie … but if Hibs fans genuinely think folk saying how lovely and fluffy and terribly ethical we are is an acceptable substitute for success on the park then fine we can be Scotland's answer to St Pauli, we can all walk around in our Hibs tops feeling terribly superior, set up a soup kitchen in our empty trophy room and look down our noses at fans of other clubs who are vulgar enough to think winning stuff and qualifying for Europe actually matters.

Perhaps we should appoint a director of ethics for the new Hibs … his or her's first job can be to answer the question I posed further up this thread. I.E. how do you square the club increasing the prices for section 50 in the FF upper pricing out folk who have sat there for years in order to make a tiny amount of extra income and at the same time feel able to turn down a sum of money from a new shirt sponsor which would have been considerably more significant than anything to be made from section 50. What's ethical about that?

NAE NOOKIE
23-06-2019, 12:56 AM
Having just listened to LD regarding the potential sponsors she was honest enough to say that deals were on the table but she didn’t think they were right and the club wanted to move in another direction.

Whether it was 50k or 500k a year it must have been a big decision not to take it.

I think LD and the club should be applauded for this. She did say it was a changing scene in respect of Alcohol and Betting sponsors.

Well done and hopefully others will see this as a positive!

I think she is right vis a vis alcohol and betting sponsorship of football being a changing scene … there has already been talk in Westminster centred around the subject with football being front and centre for criticism, which is ironic when you consider both alcohol and betting are freely advertised on national TV every day of the week .. you would think that would be the place to start.

There's every chance that within the next decade adverts for betting and booze will be banned from football strips. But at the moment they aren't and while Hibs engage in the search for a sponsor outwith these two avenues of revenue unilaterally deciding to ban ourselves from these income streams before we have sourced such a sponsor is just daft …. especially when the result is having no shirt sponsor at all.

Liam6270
23-06-2019, 04:59 AM
The shirt sponsor is a nice touch yes but I’d have been just as happy with something like Buckfast or William Hill if it meant we got more money

Hibernian32
23-06-2019, 05:16 AM
The shirt sponsor is a nice touch yes but I’d have been just as happy with something like Buckfast or William Hill if it meant we got more money

Buckfast hahaha imagine that

Tynie01011973
23-06-2019, 06:30 AM
Are you able to buy the top without the community logo being added but still give the donation?

Yes

Aldo
23-06-2019, 07:55 AM
I think she is right vis a vis alcohol and betting sponsorship of football being a changing scene … there has already been talk in Westminster centred around the subject with football being front and centre for criticism, which is ironic when you consider both alcohol and betting are freely advertised on national TV every day of the week .. you would think that would be the place to start.

There's every chance that within the next decade adverts for betting and booze will be banned from football strips. But at the moment they aren't and while Hibs engage in the search for a sponsor outwith these two avenues of revenue unilaterally deciding to ban ourselves from these income streams before we have sourced such a sponsor is just daft …. especially when the result is having no shirt sponsor at all.

NN

I agree that we shouldn’t be turning away sponsorship income however if the club has made that decision with regards certain sponsors (alcohol/gambling) then regardless if we don’t like it or not, we need to trust their judgement!

Have the club cut their nose off to despite their face, maybe but a big decision has been made and I (like many others) will back the club.

I would however say that it is easy for us to point the finger of blame but if the proposed sponsor didn’t seem like a good fit for the club then the correct decision was made.

Clarence
23-06-2019, 08:01 AM

Are you wearing it in a 90s baggy style fashion?

Sergio sledge
23-06-2019, 08:11 AM
Hibs are now in the cut throat business of professional football and no amount of good PR is going to get you to a cup final or a European qualification place in the league.

With respect, that's a pretty short term view. I know it is of no direct benefit on the pitch to us now, but the community Foundation plays a massive part in attracting the fans of the future to the club. The more kids who we can get to support the club through the community programmes the larger our supporter base will be in the future and ultimately the greater our income streams will be in the future. Hibs's support of the community Foundation isn't entirely altruistic.

I think LD has been pretty open that they didn't get the sponsorship offers they were looking for. As someone else has mentioned, as soon as you start giving something away for less than it is worth you lower the value of it longer term, so rather than that they have decided to put the foundation logo on the strips. If we sold the sponsorship for £50k less this year it would be pretty hard to get £50k more next year or the year after that, so longer term it could end up costing us more than what we are forgoing this year.

Jones28
23-06-2019, 08:25 AM
I get what you are saying, but it doesn't change my view.

As I said in another post Hibs are playing professional football, we are not a charitable organisation whose main aim is to serve the community first with our football business secondary, especially if that manifests itself in the club taking a financial hit in order to serve that community … that to me is taking the concept of 'giving something back' too far and is as clear a case of putting the cart before the horse as I can think of.

Good works in the community should be a by product of a financially healthy, successful and well supported football club … what they shouldn't be is a drain on the resources the club should be using to put a successful team on the park. So if we are turning down hard cash, no matter how disappointing the amount, in favour of a shirt advert which generates the sum total of sod all to putting a team on the park and funding the back room staff required to support it then in my opinion we are getting our priorities mixed up.

As for HSL …. The way you have couched it it looks like you are suggesting HSL failed to approach Hibs with a financial offer to have their name on the strip, which makes no sense when you consider that every penny HSL takes in goes to Hibs anyway. So far as I can see Hibs should have been all over this the second they realised we would be without a commercial sponsor … giving away the spot to an organisation which contributes nothing financially over one which exists solely to inject cash into the club and is looking to grow its ability to do that by attracting new members is as barmy a fiscal decision as I can think of if you are serious in you aim of producing a successful team.

For sure the club gets more kudos publicity wise by having a charity on the strip rather than a bookie … but if Hibs fans genuinely think folk saying how lovely and fluffy and terribly ethical we are is an acceptable substitute for success on the park then fine we can be Scotland's answer to St Pauli, we can all walk around in our Hibs tops feeling terribly superior, set up a soup kitchen in our empty trophy room and look down our noses at fans of other clubs who are vulgar enough to think winning stuff and qualifying for Europe actually matters.

Perhaps we should appoint a director of ethics for the new Hibs … his or her's first job can be to answer the question I posed further up this thread. I.E. how do you square the club increasing the prices for section 50 in the FF upper pricing out folk who have sat there for years in order to make a tiny amount of extra income and at the same time feel able to turn down a sum of money from a new shirt sponsor which would have been considerably more significant than anything to be made from section 50. What's ethical about that?

Hibs are well run, financially stable and well supported. The short term may see Hibs lose some money, but what is to be said of the long term gains if Hibs are further integrating themselves and expanding their fan base? How many thousands of pounds would the average season ticket holder put in to the club over a ten year period?

Short term losses are trumped by long term gains any day, especially if those "losses" cancel themselves out in the future.

Also about HSL, you've wrongly interpreted what I said. I meant that HSL should be banging the door down to be on the shirt for nothing to display a clear and obvious working partnership between themselves and the club.

How many people would make the decision to purchase the top if it meant some of the proceeds went to a good cause? I'm 26 and a bit beyond replica kits but I'll be getting both of them because of the good work they are attempting to do. That may only be £100 or so, but there will be others in that boat.

I know that Hibs are a football club and that means a team on the pitch that wins things, but they are so much more than just a team on the park, and I would rather have an identity that can be associated with good things in the community and having a successful team on the pitch than just the latter.

Besides, when have we ever been consistently successful? We have won two trophies in my lifetime, hardly a conveyor belt of silverware, and I'd love to see us win more. But for the sake of one season where good things are done for the people of Leith and beyond? I can deal with that.

lord bunberry
23-06-2019, 12:50 PM
As we have been discussing shirt sponsorship I would have thought it clear that this is what I was referring to. We had shirt sponsorship last year, we don't this year. That leaves us down.

We may have other sponsorship that leaves us better off in net terms, but if we also had shirt sponsorship again we would be even better off. We have a range of different revenue streams, why would we want to close one of them off?

It was just last season that Leeann was - rightly - bemoaning the fact that poor fan behaviour was going to cost us the expense of introducing additional CCTV cameras, money which she said she would rather we were spending on football. We are not awash with cash so it's hard to see how losing short sponsorship helps, regardless of whatever else is happening.

There's nothing complicated about this.
The shirt sponsor also includes advertising in the stadium and on the website, we will now be able to sell that to others which will offset some of the lost revenue. I would also imagine the Marathonbet deal would’ve included the betting kiosks around the stadium that we can also bring in money for.

NAE NOOKIE
23-06-2019, 01:01 PM
Hibs are well run, financially stable and well supported. The short term may see Hibs lose some money, but what is to be said of the long term gains if Hibs are further integrating themselves and expanding their fan base? How many thousands of pounds would the average season ticket holder put in to the club over a ten year period?

Short term losses are trumped by long term gains any day, especially if those "losses" cancel themselves out in the future.

Also about HSL, you've wrongly interpreted what I said. I meant that HSL should be banging the door down to be on the shirt for nothing to display a clear and obvious working partnership between themselves and the club.

How many people would make the decision to purchase the top if it meant some of the proceeds went to a good cause? I'm 26 and a bit beyond replica kits but I'll be getting both of them because of the good work they are attempting to do. That may only be £100 or so, but there will be others in that boat.

I know that Hibs are a football club and that means a team on the pitch that wins things, but they are so much more than just a team on the park, and I would rather have an identity that can be associated with good things in the community and having a successful team on the pitch than just the latter.

Besides, when have we ever been consistently successful? We have won two trophies in my lifetime, hardly a conveyor belt of silverware, and I'd love to see us win more. But for the sake of one season where good things are done for the people of Leith and beyond? I can deal with that.

I don't disagree in principle with any of this mate or with others on the thread who have posted along similar lines. I absolutely acknowledge the importance to the club of connecting with the community socially and I support fully their efforts to do so. I just don't think these efforts directly or indirectly should impact on its ability to conduct its core business of playing professional football.

If the club now think certain sponsors should be body swerved because 'they don't fit with the club' ethically then I think they have a responsibility to make public to the people they are trying to sell the club to, and who put their own money into it IE the supporters, what type of sponsor they are talking about. No need in that scenario to name any of the businesses concerned.

If 'don't fit with the club' simply means the money on offer wasn't good enough and Hibs didn't want to accept it for fear of setting a precedent of selling the shirt cheaply then fine, but once again I would like to see confirmation of that. If that is the case and money was the issue, then once again I fail to see how giving the shirt spot to the community foundation over HSL who actually do bring money into the club in the here and now helps to balance out the loss of income the club inevitably suffers by not having a commercial sponsor.

Once again I'll present my Hibs equivalent of 'the West Lothian question' which as yet nobody appears to be able to answer:

If Hibs are in a position to turn down tens of thousands of pounds either on a point of principle or because they thought the money on offer was under valuing the product and then give the product away to charity over an organisation looking to bring money into the club, they clearly feel they are in a sound enough financial position to be able to do that.

Which begs the question …. Why then did the club feel the need to significantly increase the cost of the seats in section 50 of the FF upper effectively driving out many loyal fans who have sat there for years in the hope of making a sum of money which no matter how you look at it will be insignificant compared to whatever they were offered by the two sponsors they decided to turn down?

So on one hand we need money so badly we are prepared to stiff loyal fans who already put money into the club in the hope of making a relatively insignificant sum of money, but on the other we are so financially sound we can afford to turn down money in the tens of thousands on a point of principle …. I wonder if any of the incumbents of section 50 can see how one squares against the other, because I sure as hell cant.

Oh, and if you think 26 is too auld for replica strips then I'm in real bother because I'm 59 and still buy one … though maybe not this year … who cares what social convention says mate, do your own thing :greengrin

One Day Soon
23-06-2019, 05:30 PM
I don't disagree in principle with any of this mate or with others on the thread who have posted along similar lines. I absolutely acknowledge the importance to the club of connecting with the community socially and I support fully their efforts to do so. I just don't think these efforts directly or indirectly should impact on its ability to conduct its core business of playing professional football.

If the club now think certain sponsors should be body swerved because 'they don't fit with the club' ethically then I think they have a responsibility to make public to the people they are trying to sell the club to, and who put their own money into it IE the supporters, what type of sponsor they are talking about. No need in that scenario to name any of the businesses concerned.

If 'don't fit with the club' simply means the money on offer wasn't good enough and Hibs didn't want to accept it for fear of setting a precedent of selling the shirt cheaply then fine, but once again I would like to see confirmation of that. If that is the case and money was the issue, then once again I fail to see how giving the shirt spot to the community foundation over HSL who actually do bring money into the club in the here and now helps to balance out the loss of income the club inevitably suffers by not having a commercial sponsor.

Once again I'll present my Hibs equivalent of 'the West Lothian question' which as yet nobody appears to be able to answer:

If Hibs are in a position to turn down tens of thousands of pounds either on a point of principle or because they thought the money on offer was under valuing the product and then give the product away to charity over an organisation looking to bring money into the club, they clearly feel they are in a sound enough financial position to be able to do that.

Which begs the question …. Why then did the club feel the need to significantly increase the cost of the seats in section 50 of the FF upper effectively driving out many loyal fans who have sat there for years in the hope of making a sum of money which no matter how you look at it will be insignificant compared to whatever they were offered by the two sponsors they decided to turn down?

So on one hand we need money so badly we are prepared to stiff loyal fans who already put money into the club in the hope of making a relatively insignificant sum of money, but on the other we are so financially sound we can afford to turn down money in the tens of thousands on a point of principle …. I wonder if any of the incumbents of section 50 can see how one squares against the other, because I sure as hell cant.

Oh, and if you think 26 is too auld for replica strips then I'm in real bother because I'm 59 and still buy one … though maybe not this year … who cares what social convention says mate, do your own thing :greengrin

Excellent post

MrRobot
24-06-2019, 11:44 AM

What change is there in the ticket price?

thorbs
24-06-2019, 02:50 PM
FFS this is a thread about the new Hibs kits. The home is green with white sleeves and the away is something different. It's gone a bit mad in here. Why can't people take the club at face value and have a bit of trust and faith. Imagine if they had gone with a sponsor like Wonga or Sports Direct on the front of the shirts the place would implode.

Brightside
24-06-2019, 02:50 PM
13th for the away! Bollox. Kids wanted it for holiday..:wink:

Renfrew_Hibby
24-06-2019, 02:56 PM
If I were to order online, would it be in the post on the 13th or just sent out from that date?

worcesterhibby
24-06-2019, 03:49 PM
I think both shirts look smart and I'm very pleased with the Shirt sponsor..having said that I'm 52 and have a belly, plus I already own about 12 Hibs shirts going back to the Mid 1980's so I doubt I will buy one...I'll hang on for the HSL 3rd strip with my name on it next year :)

Hibernian32
24-06-2019, 04:38 PM
Hahaha knew it.

got the wee man the home strip today and it's now not as horific as I thought it's quiet tidy.

Speedy
24-06-2019, 04:41 PM
I think that's definitely a better point to be made to be honest. I do have my reservations on gambling sponsors but I would rather the club came out and said that, but I don't think this is the case at the moment. Drinks companies I'm okay with but then you can make the argument about alcoholism etc and I fully get that side of things.

If the club wanted to make a point of no longer associating itself with gambling companies then I will happily support them in that decision but they would need to communicate that to us, until they do I will assume the buggered up the sponsorship situation and went for a quick fix and in turn have cost the club money.

Can't see any club openly criticising bookie sponsorship while all the competitions are sponsored by bookies

ian cruise
24-06-2019, 06:34 PM

I actually disagree. If Hibs were asking for 200k sponsor (I'm making that figure up, not saying it as fact) and no one was willing to pay it they have two options, one is accept a reduced offer, say 100k, other is to do what they have done and keep it in house.

Now if they had accepted the 100k then it might look like we've made 100k more than we would if we went with the in house option but that's only this year, what you've also done is set a dangerous precident that you'll accept whatever is going. So next time it's up companies know they can bid less again.

By refusing to accept less Hibs have set a value to be represented by our club on our strips. Either your business is worth paying that or it's not. If you start accepting lower offers there's only one way future offers are going, look at the spfl TV deals, etc.

hibbydad
24-06-2019, 07:42 PM
I actually disagree. If Hibs were asking for 200k sponsor (I'm making that figure up, not saying it as fact) and no one was willing to pay it they have two options, one is accept a reduced offer, say 100k, other is to do what they have done and keep it in house.

Now if they had accepted the 100k then it might look like we've made 100k more than we would if we went with the in house option but that's only this year, what you've also done is set a dangerous precident that you'll accept whatever is going. So next time it's up companies know they can bid less again.

By refusing to accept less Hibs have set a value to be represented by our club on our strips. Either your business is worth paying that or it's not. If you start accepting lower offers there's only one way future offers are going, look at the spfl TV deals, etc.
Very good post

MyJo
24-06-2019, 08:40 PM

Add to that the fact that we will want longer term deals that run for 2 or 3 years with these type of partnership and we have potentially locked ourselves into a poor value deal for the next three years by just accepting whatever was available this summer.

Take the hit this season and spend the time getting the right sponsor with the right value to us for next season and beyond.

Not accepting the £100k sponsor and getting a sponsor willing to pay £250k a season for the next two years is better than accepting the £100k sponsor and having to live with that for three years. Just as an example

ronaldo7
25-06-2019, 12:53 PM
My daughter has just purchased the home strip for my Grandson. £83 for the full kit, including name, and number £14, Sponsorship logo £5

Just about as much as his season ticket.

Onwards and upwards. :flag::rolleyes:

weecounty hibby
25-06-2019, 01:24 PM
My daughter has just purchased the home strip for my Grandson. £83 for the full kit, including name, and number £14, Sponsorship logo £5

Aye, but you cannae wear a season ticket on holiday!!

ronaldo7
25-06-2019, 02:21 PM
Aye, but you cannae wear a season ticket on holiday!!

:greengrin He'll be fully kitted out, and swanning around Edinburgh Airport on Sunday Morning with it on.:flag:

EDINBURGH IS GREEN

Billy Whizz
25-06-2019, 06:13 PM

Ronaldo7 as usual😄

jacomo
25-06-2019, 10:00 PM

Also, sponsorship isn’t free money. You’ve got to deliver tangible benefits for it which all come at a cost... tickets, hospitality, marketing collateral etc.

Perd Hapley
26-06-2019, 02:40 AM
The more I think about it the more I'm just so grateful that rather than promoting a predatory betting firm we're promoting the community wing of the club and the entire culture of Hibs as a community club which gives back. Thank you Leeann for being brave enough to go for it - I've never been prouder of our club. Say all you you want about the bottom line but we're kidding ourselves on IMO if we pretend it really matters more than the ethos of the club, and regardless of any economic factors (I do indeed think that taking it in-house this year will pay dividends in the long run) I'm just deeply proud that for the upcoming year we'll be sporting a message which speaks to what our great club is all about.

Thank you Leeann.

wallpaperman
26-06-2019, 04:44 AM

£14 for the name and number? Wow, that bit is the rip off. When spending so much on kids kit, that should be thrown in free.

Hibernia&Alba
26-06-2019, 05:14 AM

It's a lot of money for the wee ones, especially for those buying for more than one child and when there are two or three kits per season.

Cocaine&Caviar
26-06-2019, 06:19 AM
The more I think about it the more I'm just so grateful that rather than promoting a predatory betting firm we're promoting the community wing of the club and the entire culture of Hibs as a community club which gives back. Thank you Leeann for being brave enough to go for it - I've never been prouder of our club. Say all you you want about the bottom line but we're kidding ourselves on IMO if we pretend it really matters more than the ethos of the club, and regardless of any economic factors (I do indeed think that taking it in-house this year will pay dividends in the long run) I'm just deeply proud that for the upcoming year we'll be sporting a message which speaks to what our great club is all about.

Thank you Leeann.

It wasnt through choice though...

weecounty hibby
26-06-2019, 07:27 AM
It wasnt through choice though...

Other than as stated we had two offers on the table and chose not to take them up. That kind of choice?

Dalianwanda
26-06-2019, 07:50 AM
13th for the away! Bollox. Kids wanted it for holiday..:wink:

Get it delivered to where ever your staying...

Brightside
26-06-2019, 08:11 AM
Get it delivered to where ever your staying...

£20 delivery and upto 15 days to arrive! They/I can wait. :wink:

Cocaine&Caviar
26-06-2019, 09:14 AM
Other than as stated we had two offers on the table and chose not to take them up. That kind of choice?

You dont think if Marathonbet wanted to extend their deal at the same rate Hibs would have take that over the new charity deal? Its a choice made after being backed into a corner

Peevemor
26-06-2019, 09:35 AM
You dont think if Marathonbet wanted to extend their deal at the same rate Hibs would have take that over the new charity deal? Its a choice made after being backed into a corner

If Marathonbet wanted to extend then Hibs wouldn't have had a decision to make, they would have simply carried on taking the cash. As with all shirt sponsorship deals it had it's time and came to a natural, amicable end. When looking for and considering new sponsors the board could well have decided to avoid new betting or alcohol sponsors (again the Eden Mill thing is ongoing and will also run it's course). Leeann said there were a couple of offers but the board, for whatever reason, decided to go in a different direction.

Not quite as clear cut as being backed into a corner is it?

My_Wife_Camille
26-06-2019, 09:40 AM
If Marathonbet wanted to extend then Hibs wouldn't have had a decision to make, they would have simply carried on taking the cash. As with all shirt sponsorship deals it had it's time and came to a natural, amicable end. When looking for and considering new sponsors the board could well have decided to avoid new betting or alcohol sponsors (again the Eden Mill thing is ongoing and will also run it's course). Leeann said there were a couple of offers but the board, for whatever reason, decided to go in a different direction.

Hibs wanted to continue the relationship with MB though

Cocaine&Caviar
26-06-2019, 09:42 AM

I think you're trying to make the point that the club took the moral high ground with the sponsor choice, but i think youre reply above explains for itself that wasnt the case.

Peevemor
26-06-2019, 09:44 AM
Hibs wanted to continue the relationship with MB though

Possibly they did, but I doubt they were relying on it. 5 years is already a long time in shirt sponsorship.

Brightside
26-06-2019, 09:50 AM
Marathon Bet had much bigger fish to fry. They have to increase massively over the next couple of years if they are going to survive.

04Sauzee
26-06-2019, 04:19 PM
New Hearts away top

Brightside
26-06-2019, 04:19 PM
Its just horrible.

HibbyAndy
26-06-2019, 04:23 PM
New Hearts away top

WOW is that a wind up ?!

Truly disgusting grubby little club

TelaStella
26-06-2019, 05:25 PM
Pretty typical hearts away top isn’t it? Just ***** really

TelaStella
26-06-2019, 05:27 PM
Pretty typical hearts away top isn’t it? Just ***** really

Not as if their home ones are ever any better btw

Eyrie
26-06-2019, 06:06 PM
Not as if their home ones are ever any better btw

There's little that can be done to make maroon look anything other than dull and seedy.

Austinho
26-06-2019, 09:52 PM
There’s at least 9 different colours in total on their away shirt - looks a complete mess.

hfc rd
26-06-2019, 09:54 PM
New Hearts away top

You can tell by Haring’s face he doesn’t like it and looks as if he is desperate to take it off! 😂

leithsansiro
27-06-2019, 07:01 AM
Is it wrong that I think that Hearts top is actually alright? I mean, it’s a Hearts top, so it’s crap and I get that. But it’s actually alright.

Peevemor
27-06-2019, 07:02 AM
is it wrong that i think that hearts top is actually alright? I mean, it’s a hearts top, so it’s crap and i get that. But it’s actually alright.

ltyf

Blaster
27-06-2019, 07:26 AM
Is it wrong that I think that Hearts top is actually alright? I mean, it’s a Hearts top, so it’s crap and I get that. But it’s actually alright.

It’s ok to think it
It’s wrong to admit it 😄

1van Sprou7e
27-06-2019, 07:42 AM
Tbh that hearts top is nice

Odd pose from him though, looks like he's shooting up

TelaStella
27-06-2019, 07:55 AM

I think Template wise it’s okay, one reason why Umbro has become rather popular again in the market. It’s the colour scheme I don’t understand, just like everything else about that club there’s no imagination or creativity just a dull, boring training top essentially. With us we have a proud history of producing some fantastic iconic tops from over the years with this years away being no exception imo. They on the other hand just release the same bog standard crap season upon season. Notice any difference between what they’re away kit last year and this one? If you have a further look into all the ones they’ve produced over the years you’ll get my point. Funny that when they ever do try and push the boat a bit they end up with something like this [emoji55]. I know I shouldn’t but I do sympathise for them, I really do. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190627/9dabf843e2f76517dce1f6e1c3450912.jpg

Since452
27-06-2019, 09:17 AM
Their away top is much nicer than our away one. Green and purple stripes make me feel queasy

Forza Fred
27-06-2019, 09:21 AM
I think the new Hearts top is absolute gash.

Probably look worse too, when I actually see it for the first time.

BoomtownHibees
27-06-2019, 09:34 AM
their away top is much nicer than our away one. Green and purple stripes make me feel queasy

ltyf

Vault Boy
27-06-2019, 09:35 AM
Their away top is much nicer than our away one. Green and purple stripes make me feel queasy

Okay

Speedway
27-06-2019, 09:47 AM

Wrong. Both are awful but the Yam one just looks more cheap and nasty.

Brightside
27-06-2019, 09:58 AM

Come on Admin..... its a total give away. :greengrin:greengrin

GloryGlory
27-06-2019, 10:04 AM
I think Template wise it’s okay, one reason why Umbro has become rather popular again in the market. It’s the colour scheme I don’t understand, just like everything else about that club there’s no imagination or creativity just a dull, boring training top essentially. With us we have a proud history of producing some fantastic iconic tops from over the years with this years away being no exception imo. They on the other hand just release the same bog standard crap season upon season. Notice any difference between what they’re away kit last year and this one? If you have a further look into all the ones they’ve produced over the years you’ll get my point. Funny that when they ever do try and push the boat a bit they end up with something like this [emoji55]. I know I shouldn’t but I do sympathise for them, I really do. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190627/9dabf843e2f76517dce1f6e1c3450912.jpg

That stewed rhubarb and custard effort certainly takes some beating! :faf:

SaulGoodman
27-06-2019, 10:40 AM
Am I surprised that certain people on this site will go great lengths to tell everyone how poor our kits are but also post that the Hearts kits are “alright”?

Not in the slightest.

SaulGoodman
27-06-2019, 10:40 AM

You’re having a laugh.

SaulGoodman
27-06-2019, 10:41 AM
Tbh that hearts top is nice

Odd pose from him though, looks like he's shooting up

If we released the same kit we’d all be getting told how **** it was.

PH91
27-06-2019, 12:02 PM

You are actually making up something to moan about!! Haha.

As is always going to be the case, there will be varying views on what kits are nice or not. You would think people could give their opinion without being called out as a "yam".

I agree with the poster who said Hearts kit is nice, albeit obviously not the maroon. The same grey top with hibs badge and dark green trim and shorts and i would be very happy with that as an away kit.

Since452
27-06-2019, 12:20 PM
You’re having a laugh.

Nope i don't like it at all. Looks garish.

1van Sprou7e
27-06-2019, 04:33 PM

Amazing how incorrect this is

we are hibs
27-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Grey is such a dull colour. A dull colour for a dull manager with a dull group of players playing for a dull club in a dull stadium with dull fans. How dull

Weegreenman
27-06-2019, 05:40 PM
Kickback = New Hibs home/away strip is *****

.NET = New Hearts home/away strip is *****

Boring :rolleyes:

The truth is that our home and away strips this season are top drawer compared with recent efforts. The Hearts home is just ok but the away is awful. There ye go - The truth :greengrin:cb

Billychaotic182
27-06-2019, 09:32 PM
New arsenal top is amazing, make the red green and it would be the best hibs top ever haha

SaulGoodman
27-06-2019, 10:13 PM
Amazing how incorrect this is

I wish it was.

1van Sprou7e
27-06-2019, 10:16 PM
I wish it was.

Tbf it's not actually incorrect at all, just slightly ironic because I think most of the hate for it on this forum is because it's a hertz kit. If it was ours it would get the same level of hate but about 100x mor elovr

California-Hibs
28-06-2019, 12:40 AM
New arsenal top is amazing, make the red green and it would be the best hibs top ever haha

Agreed, I'd probably purchase a few... just because!

Oscar T Grouch
28-06-2019, 05:59 AM
Time to get this kit above the maroon monstrosity

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48712444