PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Easter Sunday Games

jonty
21-04-2019, 01:03 PM
Everton have gone 2-0 up at home to Man Utd.

JXM73
21-04-2019, 01:08 PM
Everton have gone 2-0 up at home to Man Utd.

Ole's wheels came off

Scorrie
21-04-2019, 01:10 PM
Ole's wheels came off

Just about to post the same thing. On a poor run since he got the job permanently

hibsbollah
21-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Ironically Liverpool could do with Man U winning this.

heretoday
21-04-2019, 01:29 PM
Top performance by Everton.........so far.

Sigurdsson's goal was a cracker.

HH81
21-04-2019, 01:35 PM

Why?

heretoday
21-04-2019, 01:50 PM
United will catch a real doing from City come the derby. They're hopeless.

jonty
21-04-2019, 01:52 PM
4-0 !

lapsedhibee
21-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Why?

Probably so they've still got a chance of top 4 when they meet Manchester C.

HH81
21-04-2019, 01:54 PM
Probably so they've still got a chance of top 4 when they meet Manchester C.

I'd have thought losing today makes it must win for them on Wednesday so they have to go for it.

lapsedhibee
21-04-2019, 02:03 PM
I'd have thought losing today makes it must win for them on Wednesday so they have to go for it.
Mibbes aye, but if Arsenal win today and Chelsea win tomorrow, Manchester U are not realistically getting 4th.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2019, 02:21 PM

I'm not understanding this 🤔

jonty
21-04-2019, 02:24 PM
Manu Utd have had one shot on target according to bet365. Everton have played a blinder.

hibsbollah
21-04-2019, 02:29 PM
I'm not understanding this ��

If Man U had taken three points today, they'd be in pole position for one of the two Champions League places, and would conceivably be happy with a point on Wednesday against City, which would also be enough to put Liverpool above Man City in the title race. As it is, Man U really need all 3 points now against City, a point still leaves them lagging behind the other clubs in the race.

heretoday
21-04-2019, 02:30 PM
Manu Utd have had one shot on target according to bet365. Everton have played a blinder.

Odd side Everton. When they turn it on they're hard to stop - especially at Goodison where they've beaten Arsenal, Chelsea and United recently.

Last week they were outclassed by relegated Fulham..

Michael
21-04-2019, 02:39 PM
Man U are a shambles. Why didn't they stick to their guns and wait for end of season to see how OGS did?

Hibeesmad
21-04-2019, 02:40 PM
Ole's at the wheel

Iggy Pope
21-04-2019, 02:41 PM
Man U are a shambles. Why didn't they stick to their guns and wait for end of season to see how OGS did?

Gary Neville is beside himself with rage.

hibsbollah
21-04-2019, 02:42 PM
Gary Neville is beside himself with rage.

Poor Gary. It's always annoying to be beside Gary Neville.

heretoday
21-04-2019, 02:49 PM

A hasty appointment based on sentiment. Even at the end of today's drubbing he went over to the fans and got a great reception. They must be daft.

A club like Man Utd should be sparing no expense to get the very best manager available.

Hibeesmad
21-04-2019, 02:53 PM
I think City would beat United regardless of the score today

Hibeesmad
21-04-2019, 02:56 PM
A lot of United fans I know personally and from social media were claiming that Ole is a better manager than Pochettino and they were glad they went for him instead of Poch. Funny how a few weeks later Ole is bottling 4th and looking likely of playing Europa League next season, Pochettino is in a Champions League semi final and shoe in to finish in the top 4

Hibeesmad
21-04-2019, 02:58 PM
A hasty appointment based on sentiment. Even at the end of today's drubbing he went over to the fans and got a great reception. They must be daft.

A club like Man Utd should be sparing no expense to get the very best manager available.

They should have went for Pochettino. As a Spurs fan, I personally think it would have been difficult to get him in as he's managing a better club just now going in a better direction. But I thought they would have went for him (unless they did and failed).

Diclonius
21-04-2019, 02:59 PM
I have a feeling he might get sacked in the summer.

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2019, 03:07 PM
They should have went for Pochettino. As a Spurs fan, I personally think it would have been difficult to get him in as he's managing a better club just now going in a better direction. But I thought they would have went for him (unless they did and failed).
Better team perhaps, although very little in it in the league, but spurs are nowhere near United in terms of size. Spurs definitely not a better club. 3rd biggest club in their City.

Hamish
21-04-2019, 03:09 PM
For the SkySportsless, Jamie Gullan starts for Raith at Gayfield live on Alba just now.

Hibeesmad
21-04-2019, 03:15 PM
Better team perhaps, although very little in it in the league, but spurs are nowhere near United in terms of size. Spurs definitely not a better club. 3rd biggest club in their City.

If Spurs beat Brighton on Tuesday and United lose to City then Spurs only need 3 points to finish above United as the chances of United catching Spurs goal difference is very improbable. Chelsea and Arsenal have won a lot more trophies over the years than Spurs but right now Spurs are the best footballing team in London.

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2019, 03:19 PM
If Spurs beat Brighton on Tuesday and United lose to City then Spurs only need 3 points to finish above United as the chances of United catching Spurs goal difference is very improbable. Chelsea and Arsenal have won a lot more trophies over the years than Spurs but right now Spurs are the best footballing team in London.

If Arsenal win today they are 2 points ahead. It's just not over the years. Literally in the last 5 years Arsenal have 3 trophies, Chelsea 3/4, Spurs bugger all. Need the bring home a even a league cup before they're up with the big boys.

Hibeesmad
21-04-2019, 03:23 PM
If Arsenal win today they are 2 points ahead. It's just not over the years. Literally in the last 5 years Arsenal have 3 trophies, Chelsea 3/4, Spurs bugger all. Need the bring home a even a league cup before they're up with the big boys.

Currently losing 1-0 at home to Palace. Spurs will achieve a lot more than Arsenal and Chelsea in the next 5 years. Champions League final is achievable, one off game who knows what will happen.

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2019, 03:25 PM
Currently losing 1-0 at home to Palace. Spurs will achieve a lot more than Arsenal and Chelsea in the next 5 years. Champions League final is achievable, one off game who knows what will happen.

You probably thought that 5 years ago. Untill they actually achieve something they have achieved nothing. Big stadium hundreds of millions over budget to pay off. Just as much chance of them going back to an average side as achieving much.

Hibeesmad
21-04-2019, 03:35 PM
You probably thought that 5 years ago. Untill they actually achieve something they have achieved nothing. Big stadium hundreds of millions over budget to pay off. Just as much chance of them going back to an average side as achieving much.

Spurs best opportunity was probably the year Leicester won the league. Been unfortunate in a few semi finals etc along the way. The new stadium will generate more money than they paid for it through NFL, season tickets, other high profile sporting and music events being played at the stadium. Spurs are only about 3 or 4 signings away from being consistent title contenders. Haven't signed a player for the last two transfer windows and been struck with a lot injuries, mostly to Harry Kane in the most recent spell however have knocked out Man City over 2 legs and beat Dortmund 4-0 on aggregate to reach a Semi Final of the Champions League. I can only see positive things going forward. But we shall see buddy :aok:

heretoday
21-04-2019, 04:05 PM
A lot of United fans I know personally and from social media were claiming that Ole is a better manager than Pochettino and they were glad they went for him instead of Poch. Funny how a few weeks later Ole is bottling 4th and looking likely of playing Europa League next season, Pochettino is in a Champions League semi final and shoe in to finish in the top 4

Poch is where he is because he's a good manager. OGS is there because he's an old United player.

Poch would be mad to go to Old Trafford. If he gets some serious cash from the notoriously mean Levy he'll be in charge of a side to challenge Man City no probs.

They could even do it without injury-prone Harry Kane although that's just my own opinion.

jonty
21-04-2019, 04:29 PM
aresenal levelled just into the second half, but two in 8 minutes puts crystal palace 3-1 up
cardiff 0-1 liverpool - surprised its not more.

Hibeesmad
21-04-2019, 04:30 PM
Poch is where he is because he's a good manager. OGS is there because he's an old United player.

Poch would be mad to go to Old Trafford. If he gets some serious cash from the notoriously mean Levy he'll be in charge of a side to challenge Man City no probs.

They could even do it without injury-prone Harry Kane although that's just my own opinion.

I agree mate.

Arsenal 1-3 Palace.

Hibeesmad
21-04-2019, 04:30 PM
aresenal levelled just into the second half, but two in 8 minutes puts crystal palace 3-1 up
cardiff 0-1 liverpool - surprised its not more.

Cardiff missed an absolute sitter to make it 1-1

heretoday
21-04-2019, 04:39 PM
Liverpool just got a pen for absolutely nothing! Game's gone soft.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2019, 04:40 PM
2-0 Liverpool, Milner penalty after blatant pulling of Salah by Morrison.

BoomtownHibees
21-04-2019, 04:43 PM

It was a stonewaller

Hibeesmad
21-04-2019, 04:54 PM
Arsenal 2-3 Palace FT

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2019, 05:02 PM
If Man U had taken three points today, they'd be in pole position for one of the two Champions League places, and would conceivably be happy with a point on Wednesday against City, which would also be enough to put Liverpool above Man City in the title race. As it is, Man U really need all 3 points now against City, a point still leaves them lagging behind the other clubs in the race.
I've not got bothered too much it would appear.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2019, 05:04 PM

Shocking decision. 🙄

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2019, 05:04 PM
It was a stonewaller

Eh?

Hibeesmad
21-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Really looking forward to the Manchester Derby on Wednesday. Liverpool have only lost 1 game all season but still sit second, incredible. City's title if they win Wednesday Imo.

BoomtownHibees
21-04-2019, 05:10 PM
Eh?

The penalty was a stonewaller. No sure what your “eh” is for

Sir David Gray
21-04-2019, 05:11 PM
Mon the Manchester City on Wednesday night.

Blue Moon and all that! :thumbsup:

HoboHarry
21-04-2019, 05:11 PM
Shocking decision. 🙄

Don't agree at all, daft by Morrison to wrestle with him for that long. Penalty all day long.

bigwheel
21-04-2019, 05:16 PM
Don't agree at all, daft by Morrison to wrestle with him for that long. Penalty all day long.

Wasn't that long...looked longer in slow mo....soft decision...gave the ref a decision to make - but Salah threw himself down. No different than diving imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
21-04-2019, 05:25 PM
Penalty call is a difficult one. We only see it in slow motion which makes it seem a lot longer than what it actually is. However there is probably enough in it to give a penalty. Stupid thing for the defender to do when Salah didn't really have an option to cause a lot of danger.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2019, 08:00 PM
Wasn't that long...looked longer in slow mo....soft decision...gave the ref a decision to make - but Salah threw himself down. No different than diving imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If refs give penalties against defenders who are struck on their arm by the ball as they turn their back then a defender wrapping two arms around the attacker is a stonewalled.

heretoday
21-04-2019, 08:21 PM
No way was it a penalty. They're all at it nowadays and the refs are fools.

Game's gone completely soft actually. It's not really physical any more. Ridiculous.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Leeds should've had an actual stonewaller there.

cabbageandribs1875
22-04-2019, 05:09 PM
play-off spot at best for leeds now, they haven't won at Brentford since 1950 (9 games) they already shot their bolt for an automatic promotion place in losing to wigan on saturday :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-04-2019, 05:13 PM
The penalty was a stonewaller. No sure what your “eh” is for

It was pretty obvious.

cabbageandribs1875
22-04-2019, 05:39 PM
2-0 Brentford easy peasy

i reckon the play off's will be

Leeds v Derby/B'oro/Bristol city

West Brom v Aston Villa

Leeds v West Brom final at Wembers, sorry SJM

:)

HibbyAndy
22-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Leeds are the biggest bottlers going , Strolling the league at xmas but are miles behind Norwich , Aston villa will bury them in the playoffs

Leeds do what they do best , Bottle it

hfc rd
22-04-2019, 05:53 PM
Leeds are going to Leeds it.

Villa are hitting form at just the right time and going into the playoffs full of confidence. 10 wins in a row which no other Villa team have managed to do in the past. Plus will be brilliant to see SJM in the EPL.

HoboHarry
22-04-2019, 05:55 PM

Villa are hitting form at just the right time and going into the playoffs full of confidence. 10 wins in a row which no other Villa team have managed to do in the past. Plus will be brilliant to see SJM in the EPL.
Part of me wants them to stay in the Championship and to sell SJM for a huge fee :wink:

JimBHibees
22-04-2019, 05:56 PM

Dont fancy villa or derby in play offs. Leeds Wba i think hope not.

hfc rd
22-04-2019, 05:57 PM
Part of me wants them to stay in the Championship and to sell SJM for a huge fee :wink:

Don’t we get a bonus payment if they get promoted?

Having said that, his performances for Villa will not be going unnoticed by the EPL teams who will no doubt be interested in him.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2019, 06:01 PM

He’ll be worth a lot more if he’s in the Premier League

cabbageandribs1875
22-04-2019, 06:03 PM
not very often we see bielsa animated.....i reckon some leeds players are part of a middle east betting syndicate :cb

Hibeesmad
22-04-2019, 06:40 PM
I can't see Leeds getting automatic promotion from here. Derby v Leeds semi final in the play offs after this season's 'spygate' should be a cracker if it comes to that.

Come on the Villa :agree:

Squealing pig
22-04-2019, 07:07 PM
1 nil Burnley on sky one for us cheap skates

Hibeesmad
22-04-2019, 07:10 PM
1 nil Burnley on sky one for us cheap skates

Everton 4-0 United
Arsenal 2-3 Palace
And currently Chelsea 0-1 Burnley

Great weekend for Spurs

Onceinawhile
22-04-2019, 07:15 PM
2-1 Chelsea after 14.

Hibeesmad
22-04-2019, 07:19 PM
2nd Chelsea goal was really nice play and finish

Hibeesmad
22-04-2019, 07:39 PM
Chelsea 2-2 Burnley

Sir David Gray
22-04-2019, 07:45 PM
Everton 4-0 United
Arsenal 2-3 Palace
And currently Chelsea 0-1 Burnley

Great weekend for Spurs

Spurs also lost.

Hibeesmad
22-04-2019, 07:47 PM
Spurs also lost.

That's why I'm saying it was a decent weekend for them. Nobody has really taken their defeat as an advantage.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2019, 07:48 PM
That's why I'm saying it was a decent weekend for them. Nobody has really taken their defeat as an advantage.

I'd agree it was a decent weekend for them, it was more the use of the term "great weekend" that I didn't agree with.

Hibeesmad
22-04-2019, 07:50 PM
I'd agree it was a decent weekend for them, it was more the use of the term "great weekend" that I didn't agree with.

Haha fair enough

Hibeesmad
22-04-2019, 08:58 PM
Chelsea 2-2 Burnley. FT

Chelsea staff and players getting a bit emotional. Don't think we will see Sarri and Hazard at the Bridge next season.

MWHIBBIES
22-04-2019, 10:17 PM

In Spurs world that is success tbf. They released a DVD of them getting a draw at Arsenal once :faf: