View Full Version : Edinburgh Evening News

stuart-farquhar
19-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Everytime I check out online sports news HMFC are the Leading story. Home or away their news always headlines.

Favouritism? or simply alphabetical.

19-04-2019, 05:54 PM
Meh. Rag of a paper, joke of a website. I wouldn't overly exercise yourself about it.

19-04-2019, 05:56 PM
The day I worry about the evening news is the day I stop attending football games.

19-04-2019, 06:26 PM
Probably just something as simple as Hearts articles get more views as more of the readership is of a Hearts persuasion.

19-04-2019, 06:31 PM
Remember when the EEN had a website that wasn't overwhelmingly instrusive with ads? Dying paper.

Mick O'Rourke
19-04-2019, 06:47 PM
The EEN can be a pest
With the ads, videos, and click bait stuff getting in the way
Heid nipping !

Edinburgh Live website isnae too bad for Hibs updates/news.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-v-celtic-squad-news-16156279

19-04-2019, 06:52 PM
It still exists?

hibeerealist
19-04-2019, 07:07 PM
Probably just something as simple as Hearts articles get more views as more of the readership is of a Hearts persuasion.

Aye all 400,000 of them.

Dont try to make out that rag has the technology or wherewithal to accurately come up with such an outcome.

19-04-2019, 09:53 PM
What's an Edinburgh Evening News?

19-04-2019, 10:05 PM
Used to be a newspaper.

19-04-2019, 10:42 PM

It was quite popular last century.

19-04-2019, 10:46 PM

My first job delivering down the Dalkeith Road! Was also good for knowing if your game was called off as a wee laddie on a Thursdays paper.

The Pink was the best paper ever though so for that thanks to the old press team in Edinburgh.

20-04-2019, 06:59 AM
Everytime I check out online sports news HMFC are the Leading story. Home or away their news always headlines.

They are in a cup final we are not and have not played for two weeks it simply easier to write stuff about them at the moment.

20-04-2019, 07:14 AM
I'm old enough to remember the Evening Dispatch and they had a "green 'un" on a Saturday, although I don't think it was particularly pro-Hibs.
For all its faults - bad grammar being one - the EEN represents a vital connection to the community for old or isolated folk. There is very little local news for people who don't have online access or expertise.

20-04-2019, 08:11 AM

Think it’s based on your internet browsing history 😉

StevesFamau5
20-04-2019, 10:44 AM
Good, let the rag paper talk about the rag team.

20-04-2019, 03:15 PM
I'm old enough to remember the Evening Dispatch and they had a "green 'un" on a Saturday, although I don't think it was particularly pro-Hibs.
For all its faults - bad grammar being one - the EEN represents a vital connection to the community for old or isolated folk. There is very little local news for people who don't have online access or expertise.

I’ve heard about this green paper but was told it was pro Hibs and the pink was pro Hearts .
Used to love getting the pink after we had won . By the time I had walked from ER to the bus station at Saint Andrews .it was on sale .

HFC93
20-04-2019, 03:27 PM
We say it's bias towards Hearts and they say it's bias towards Hibs. Probably same argument among football fans in Birmingham, Sheffield, Bristol etc regarding local papers and their supposed allegiances. I find it pretty tiresome.

It's a poor newspaper these days. That's for sure.

20-04-2019, 03:39 PM
You must be clicking on the rugby link.

20-04-2019, 05:44 PM
I’ve heard about this green paper but was told it was pro Hibs and the pink was pro Hearts .
Used to love getting the pink after we had won . By the time I had walked from ER to the bus station at Saint Andrews .it was on sale .
No bias in either of them.When Stewart Brown was a journalist on the News he was instrumental in Best signing for Hibs and was the go between with other players for both clubs.

20-04-2019, 05:56 PM
The EEN can be a pest
With the ads, videos, and click bait stuff getting in the way
Heid nipping !

Edinburgh Live website isnae too bad for Hibs updates/news.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-v-celtic-squad-news-16156279

Have you tried an Add blocker extension?

I use AdGuard AdBlocker, (https://adguard.com/en/adguard-browser-extension/overview.html) I'd definitely recommend it