PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Fraser

theonlywayisup
19-04-2019, 07:20 AM
Very interesting article about Ryan Fraser - it was from last week so apologies if it has already been posted.

He's had more Premier League goals this season than Dele Alli and Mesut Ozil. More Premier League assists than anybody bar Eden Hazard and Christian Eriksen, who he moved level with on 12 after scoring in the 5-0 thumping of Brighton on Saturday.

Yet, when at Aberdeen as a 16 year old, he says "I got kicked a lot. I remember a couple of games where the cards were flying about everywhere. Inverness away - [Owain] Tudur Jones kicked me knee-high. I done two flips in the air and he got sent off. Richie Foran, I remember him. The ball wasn't even near me. He could have got sent off as well. There was a Hibs guy, I don't know who it was. He could have gone. There were a few more. Maybe it was because I was so young, so direct and my centre of gravity was so low. I suppose it was a compliment that people were kicking me."

Now it looks like he's going to get a transfer to one of the 'big' teams with Arsenal interested in buying him.

From a personal point of view, I think he's a cracking wee player and it's great that he is Scottish.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47911774

Michael
19-04-2019, 07:29 AM
Just 7 caps? Good news for Scotland though.

bingo70
19-04-2019, 07:54 AM
Can’t argue with those stats but can’t say I’ve ever really been impressed when he’s played for Scotland.

Suspect he’s found the right club at the right time for him, if he does get a move I really hope he’s a big success but I’ve got my doubts.

Was it Ian Murray that he was talking about? I always thought that was Fyvie that he smashed with that tackle but could be him he’s describing.

Smartie
19-04-2019, 07:58 AM
Can’t argue with those stats but can’t say I’ve ever really been impressed when he’s played for Scotland.

Suspect he’s found the right club at the right time for him, if he does get a move I really hope he’s a big success but I’ve got my doubts.

Was it Ian Murray that he was talking about? I always thought that was Fyvie that he smashed with that tackle but could be him he’s describing.

Can't remember who it was against but he had a very good game at RWB in a game where Scotland played very well.

It has been hard for any Scotland player to look good over the past few years as the team has often struggled.

There are some very decent players indeed available now though. We need to stop making excuses and start using them properly.

joe_hfc
19-04-2019, 07:59 AM

Think it was Ian Murray. If it was Fyvie he would have known and remembered, they played in the same Aberdeen youth teams and first team and are probably mates

Speedway
19-04-2019, 08:54 AM
Murray definitely clattered Fyvie.

I'm_cabbaged
19-04-2019, 08:54 AM
Think it was Ian Murray. If it was Fyvie he would have known and remembered, they played in the same Aberdeen youth teams and first team and are probably mates

It was Ian Murray that tackled Fyvie 😉

AllyT
19-04-2019, 09:00 AM
Murray definitely clattered Fyvie.

Yep, happened right in front of me

tamig
19-04-2019, 09:21 AM
Yep, happened right in front of me

He was out for months with a bad knee injury after that.

hfc rd
19-04-2019, 09:22 AM
Him and Robertson have the potential of being a fantastic partnership down the left. Wish we had something on the right as well.

Hiber-nation
19-04-2019, 09:24 AM

I think it was Alan Maybury.

Crookie88
19-04-2019, 09:38 AM
I think it was Alan Maybury.
I to think it was Alan maybury a late sliding tackle.

MWHIBBIES
19-04-2019, 11:51 AM
He's done alot better since leaving here and taking care of himself. I remember reading his diet was terrible in Scotland and when he first went to England.

lyonhibs
19-04-2019, 12:08 PM
He's done alot better since leaving her and taking care of himself. I remember reading his diet was terrible in Scotland and when he first went to England.

Seems a bit harsh on his missus no? :confused:

BoomtownHibees
19-04-2019, 12:11 PM
He's done alot better since leaving her and taking care of himself. I remember reading his diet was terrible in Scotland and when he first went to England.

Was she a feeder?

MWHIBBIES
19-04-2019, 02:09 PM
Seems a bit harsh on his missus no? :confused:

:greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
19-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Him and Robertson have the potential of being a fantastic partnership down the left. Wish we had something on the right as well.

Paterson & Forrest?