PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer 2019 transfer thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Diclonius
18-04-2019, 05:40 PM
Yup, might as well.

Confirmed in (9):
Scott Allan, three year contract (midfielder, Celtic)
Christian Doidge, three year contract (striker, Forest Green)
Melker Hallberg, three year contract (midfielder, Vejle)
Adam Jackson, two year contract (defender, Barnsley)
Tom James, three year contract (defender, Yeovil)
Chris Maxwell, one year loan (goalkeeper, Preston)
Glenn Middleton, one year loan (midfielder, Rangers)
Joe Newell, two year contract (midfielder, Rotherham)
Josh Vela, three year contract (midfielder, Bolton)

Confirmed out (7):
Lewis Allan (Raith)
Marvin Bartley (Livingston)
Gael Bigirimana
Ross Laidlaw (Ross County)
Mark Milligan (Southend)
Miquel Nelom
Jonathan Spector (retired)

Confirmed out on loan (10):
Tommy Block (Queen's Park)
Josh Campbell (Arbroath)
Kevin Dabrowski (Cowdenbeath)
Yrik Galantes (Gala)
Jamie Gullan (Raith)
Jack Hodge (Civil Service)
Dino Leddie (Gala)
Ben Stirling (Arbroath)
Gregor Woods (Spartans)
Callum Yeats (Civil Service)

Confirmed new contracts (3):
David Gray (four years)
Sean Mackie (three years)
Darren McGregor (four years)

Rumoured in:
None

Rumoured out:
Florian Kamberi (Basel, Osijek, Sunderland)
Ofir Marciano
Oli Shaw (Barnsley, Blackburn, St Johnstone, Wigan)

Rumoured new contracts:
None

AgentDaleCooper
18-04-2019, 06:05 PM
What. Do you have any idea what the last one was like.

Billychaotic182
18-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Cant remember where I heard or saw it now so not a reliable source by any stretch, but heard we were in for Shankland and Harry Souttar

Squealing pig
18-04-2019, 06:14 PM
Griffiths 150k if my source is correct

Jones28
18-04-2019, 06:34 PM
We've gotta get those boys on new deals. Good sign they've been doing some PR stuff with the media team.

04Sauzee
18-04-2019, 06:51 PM
Jhonder Cadiz , but I'm not sure if that was someone putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5 after the Portugal scouting story

Michael
18-04-2019, 06:57 PM
Le Fondre done deal.

Diclonius
18-04-2019, 07:12 PM
I hear we're after David Gray and Ryan Gauld... Aw, wait.

southern hibby
18-04-2019, 07:17 PM
Just a hunch, but I reckon we will sell Kembari to help finance McNulty.

GGTTH

Robbo6-2
18-04-2019, 07:36 PM
Ryan Hedges is high on Heckys wanted list i hear

bingo70
18-04-2019, 07:44 PM
Jack Grimmer likely to move back to a Scottish Premiership side this summer and used McNultys success as a reason for wanting to do so.

No inside knowledge but seems to fit the bill for the kind of player we’re after.

Not sure if that counts as a rumour but I’m chucking it in there.

Heisenberg
18-04-2019, 07:58 PM

Out of contract winger. Seems to have had a decent season and earned a call up to the Wales squad.

SMAXXA
18-04-2019, 08:58 PM
Why do people still post stuff like 150k for Griffith’s and other previous linked players only time before the usual ***** is posted, really don’t see the point. No offence to anyone btw just gets on my tits and ruins decent threads.

Zazu62
18-04-2019, 09:04 PM
Why do people still post stuff like 150k for Griffith’s and other previous linked players only time before the usual ***** is posted, really don’t see the point. No offence to anyone btw just gets on my tits and ruins decent threads.

Aye. It’s had its day.

Diclonius
18-04-2019, 09:12 PM

150k for Griffiths!

I hear we're in for this wee guy called Messi, anyone heard of him?

Hearts have signed X, how have we no? He's exactly what we should be after regardless of his position or ability! (okay, guilty of this one)

(rumoured signing: Henry Fish) You've taken them them in HOOK LINE AND SINKER with that rumour!!!! Him scoring goals will be like SHOOTING FISH IN A BARREL!!! He "COD" be a really good signing! If we don't get him, there's "PLENTY MORE FISH" in the SEA!!!! HAHA!!! GET IT!!!! BECAUSE HIS NAME IS FISH!!!!!!!!!!

Also meta-discussion around how we never sign players that are good enough, and how the people who complain about that have no right to say that as they don't know how a transfer window works or something, and then how the people who complain about the people who complain about that are happy clappers, and how hibs.net wisnae like this in ma day and everyone got on like a house on fire.

What are you on about, I pure love the transfer window thread me! :wink:

SRHibs
19-04-2019, 12:04 AM
150k for Griffiths!

I hear we're in for this wee guy called Messi, anyone heard of him?

Hearts have signed X, how have we no? He's exactly what we should be after regardless of his position or ability! (okay, guilty of this one)

(rumoured signing: Henry Fish) You've taken them them in HOOK LINE AND SINKER with that rumour!!!! Him scoring goals will be like SHOOTING FISH IN A BARREL!!! He "COD" be a really good signing! If we don't get him, there's "PLENTY MORE FISH" in the SEA!!!! HAHA!!! GET IT!!!! BECAUSE HIS NAME IS FISH!!!!!!!!!!

Also meta-discussion around how we never sign players that are good enough, and how the people who complain about that have no right to say that as they don't know how a transfer window works or something, and then how the people who complain about the people who complain about that are happy clappers, and how hibs.net wisnae like this in ma day and everyone got on like a house on fire.

What are you on about, I pure love the transfer window thread me! :wink:

Henry Fish would mackerel good name for puns to be fair.

HoboHarry
19-04-2019, 12:30 AM
Is Henry Fish the son of Billy the Fish?

eastcoasthibby
19-04-2019, 06:53 AM
I get the principle of this thread but last summers very quickly turned into a heap of &£it and would have been better titled "transfer puns ...most of them crap" and heyho its of to the same start within a few posts on this one.
For what its worth I am not interested in a thread about our possible signings, cos all it does is puts more info out there for all to see and creates mostly either crazily inflated expectations or the absolute slaughtering of potential signings, either way the threads theme is lost.
Back to reality though, the higher we finish this season, will help define who we can afford to sign and even more.so if we could sneek into a european place 😀
Happy posting punsters

we are hibs
19-04-2019, 07:10 AM
If we don't sign Omeonga by the start of our europa league/Ieague cup groups i am going to post lots of puns.

bingo70
19-04-2019, 07:21 AM
I get the principle of this thread but last summers very quickly turned into a heap of &£it and would have been better titled "transfer puns ...most of them crap" and heyho its of to the same start within a few posts on this one.
For what its worth I am not interested in a thread about our possible signings, cos all it does is puts more info out there for all to see and creates mostly either crazily inflated expectations or the absolute slaughtering of potential signings, either way the threads theme is lost.
Back to reality though, the higher we finish this season, will help define who we can afford to sign and even more.so if we could sneek into a european place 😀
Happy posting punsters

I think the problem comes from people expecting wall to wall 24 hours a day rumours of impending signings.

When there’s rumours to be discussed they will be, when there’s not the gaps will be filled with nonsense like puns etc. Can’t say it’s my type of humour but not everything can be.

FWIW I find the moaning about each transfer thread being ***** far more boring than people trying to have a bit of a laugh, even if it isn’t that funny most of the time.

CapitalGreen
19-04-2019, 08:04 AM

Has the same agent as Hecky too.

joe_hfc
19-04-2019, 08:09 AM
I think we should be doing all we can to sign McNulty and Omeonga. They will have a high sell-on value after a season or two, and I worry about our team without those two. They fit the club, the dressing room, our style of play and are a large reason for our upturn in form. I can't see hibs signing anyone else near their caliber but I could be wrong

Diclonius
19-04-2019, 08:22 AM
If we don't sign Omeonga by the start of our europa league/Ieague cup groups i am going to post lots of puns.

Hopefully we won't have to wait much Ome-LONGA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA H

04Sauzee
19-04-2019, 08:23 AM
Has the same agent as Hecky too.

Marvin Bartley follows him on Twitter

Greenbeard
19-04-2019, 08:27 AM
I think we should be doing all we can to sign McNulty and Omeonga. They will have a high sell-on value after a season or two, and I worry about our team without those two. They fit the club, the dressing room, our style of play and are a large reason for our upturn in form. I can't see hibs signing anyone else near their caliber but I could be wrong
Page 1 of a hundred and plenty.............
Getting McNulty and Omeonga on perm deals would be superb, but would that not pretty much blow the budget?
Last summer's "biggest budget ever" wasn't that effective until these (and other) loan signings. Can't see Heck getting as much to play with (unless we get a sell-on % for SJM). Will there be enough available to secure the two aforementioned?

PatHead
19-04-2019, 08:28 AM
Ridiculous we have no pre contracts signed other than Scott Allan.

Other clubs are doing much more.

(Just thought I would say it before someone else)

Tarrahib
19-04-2019, 08:35 AM

We want quality not quantity.

PatHead
19-04-2019, 08:37 AM
We want quality not quantity.

Best players become available at the end of the window.

calumhibee1
19-04-2019, 08:38 AM
With Allan and Mallan being forward thinking centre mids I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t pursue Gauld.

I reckon we’ll see Bigi; Bartley and Slivka moved on from the middle of the pitch which would see us needing 3 or 4 more centre Midfielders in imo.

Hibee Mac
19-04-2019, 08:48 AM
We need someone with a bit of presence and composure in the centre of the park to feed Omeonga/Mallan etc. I think we also need a solid right back as competition for gray along with some pace and quality out wide that is not going to be injured all bloody season.

Oh and a striker maybe 2 if we don't get McNulty.

Edit: Forgot were getting Allan so that may tick the first box...

hfc rd
19-04-2019, 09:19 AM
We need someone with a bit of presence and composure in the centre of the park to feed Omeonga/Mallan etc. I think we also need a solid right back as competition for gray along with some pace and quality out wide that is not going to be injured all bloody season.

Oh and a striker maybe 2 if we don't get McNulty.

Edit: Forgot were getting Allan so that may tick the first box...

Possibly another CB as well if McGregor leaves in the summer as he’s out of contract. Will leave us with just Hanlon & Porteous with Milligan deployed there although I much prefer him in midfield. Also don’t know much about Spector as only seen him play in the derby. How’s he performed for the reserves so far and is he worth keeping longer?

It’s going to be an interesting summer and I’m quite excited to see who PH brings in.

Hibs90
19-04-2019, 10:35 AM
Hopefully we won't have to wait much Ome-LONGA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA H

I actually enjoyed reading this pun :greengrin

The Green Goblin
19-04-2019, 10:40 AM
And so it begins...

joe_hfc
19-04-2019, 11:19 AM

McNulty - He is on a long term deal and Reading paid £1M for him, but it looks like they're safe from relegation so I'm unsure if he'll fit in their plans for next season. If not, I'd imagine they'll loan him out for the season unless someone pays enough (can't see an English team going paying for him nor Celtic. Maybe Rangers).

Omeonga - No idea how much Genoa value him. If he's not part of their plans (which I assume he isn't) they may be happy to just get rid for whatever someone's willing to pay. Fingers crossed this is the case

SloopJB
19-04-2019, 11:23 AM
Omeonga - No idea how much Genoa value him. If he's not part of their plans (which I assume he isn't) they may be happy to just get rid for whatever someone's willing to pay. Fingers crossed this is the case
Just curious, what have you heard to suggest he isn't part of their plans?

joe_hfc
19-04-2019, 11:56 AM
Just curious, what have you heard to suggest he isn't part of their plans?

He has played a lot of games for them so he may be part of their plans, however the fact he's been sent out on a season-long loan suggests there's a chance he isn't. Prandelli came in and sent him out on loan within a month of being in charge. Who knows, I suppose he could have been loaned for a number of reasons! We'll find out in the summer.

seanshow
19-04-2019, 12:07 PM

Omeonga 3 is good for our health

SloopJB
19-04-2019, 12:58 PM
He has played a lot of games for them so he may be part of their plans, however the fact he's been sent out on a season-long loan suggests there's a chance he isn't. Prandelli came in and sent him out on loan within a month of being in charge. Who knows, I suppose he could have been loaned for a number of reasons! We'll find out in the summer.

Cheers. He's still a bit raw but already an incredible talent.

SaulGoodman
19-04-2019, 02:14 PM
If Petrie loosened the purse strings for once instead of focusing on the SFA job and filling his own pockets we’d be much better off.

Of course then we’d just have to deal with his Hun puppet that calls herself a “CEO” worrying about installing CCTV just to catch some people throwing smoke bombs and flares (which only increases atmosphere btw) instead of actually spending money on players.

Another season of piss poor loan players like Omeonga and Mcnulty await us.

HoboHarry
19-04-2019, 02:21 PM
If Petrie loosened the purse strings for once instead of focusing on the SFA job and filling his own pockets we’d be much better off.

Of course then we’d just have to deal with his Hun puppet that calls herself a “CEO” worrying about installing CCTV just to catch some people throwing smoke bombs and flares (which only increases atmosphere btw) instead of actually spending money on players.

Fisherman are we?

The Leith Dutch
19-04-2019, 02:22 PM
For me the top priority is a top notch centre midfield players who can run the midfield.
Mobile, good positional awareness, solid in the tackle, strong on the ball and able to pick a pass (I know, I don't want much right?)

Whether we need more than one probably depends on your opinions on Slivka and Milligan.

The biggest problem we've had since losing McGinn and McGeouch is not being able to control the midfield.
Defence plays too deep and the strikers either also have to drop deep or become isolated.

The big plus for next season is that we already have two quality attackers in for Heckingbottom in Allan and the return of Boyle.
Assuming both return to the previous form they've shown for Hibs that's a ****ing fantastic start.

Liam978
19-04-2019, 02:26 PM

Get a life or an ice lolly for gods sake !

cabbageandribs1875
19-04-2019, 02:29 PM

calm down,calm down..it's only a commercial

SaulGoodman
19-04-2019, 02:34 PM

FAB ice lolly’s are my favourite if you’re buying.

matty_f
19-04-2019, 02:35 PM

:hilarious:

SRHibs
19-04-2019, 02:37 PM

- ‘Hibs fan on Twitter, 2019’

joe_hfc
19-04-2019, 02:47 PM

Deepsea trawlerman :greengrin

Hibeesmad
19-04-2019, 03:04 PM
Very slim chance of it ever happening but if there was one player I'd like to take on loan from down south next season it would be Ethan Ampadu at Chelsea. He would win player of the year in this league.

Hibeesmad
19-04-2019, 03:06 PM
McNulty - He is on a long term deal and Reading paid £1M for him, but it looks like they're safe from relegation so I'm unsure if he'll fit in their plans for next season. If not, I'd imagine they'll loan him out for the season unless someone pays enough (can't see an English team going paying for him nor Celtic. Maybe Rangers).

As a big Celtic fan I don't think Sparky would go to Rangers, he would rather stay down south I'd imagine.

My_Wife_Camille
19-04-2019, 03:11 PM

I see trolling is allowed now.

I’ve seen posters banned for this kind of thing. Maybe the rules have changed or maybe it’s only trolling when it’s certain posters but for others it’s banter?

Either way, good representation of the doom and gloomers, do the happy clappers next

Haymaker
19-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Another transfer thread? Didn't we just have one?

matty_f
19-04-2019, 03:26 PM

I’ve seen posters banned for this kind of thing. Maybe the rules have changed or maybe it’s only trolling when it’s certain posters but for others it’s banter?

Either way, good representation of the doom and gloomers, do the happy clappers next

Reported.

superfurryhibby
19-04-2019, 03:39 PM

I think this is deep satire at work, in this response and the post MWC responded to. Good work all round.

My_Wife_Camille
19-04-2019, 03:56 PM
Reported.
What happens if you report an admin to admin? Asking for a friend :cb

SaulGoodman
19-04-2019, 04:02 PM

Are you not in the official Hibs.net WhatsApp group? I’m practically the site admin now.

matty_f
19-04-2019, 04:06 PM

Try it. Just remember we know where you live.*

*not factually accurate

nonshinyfinish
19-04-2019, 04:08 PM

The two admins fight barechested in a disused warehouse to establish supremacy.

My_Wife_Camille
19-04-2019, 04:26 PM
Are you not in the official Hibs.net WhatsApp group? I’m practically the site admin now.
I was but I got chucked out for calling Dempster a puppet

Hibee Mac
19-04-2019, 04:29 PM
For me the top priority is a top notch centre midfield players who can run the midfield.
Mobile, good positional awareness, solid in the tackle, strong on the ball and able to pick a pass (I know, I don't want much right?)

Whether we need more than one probably depends on your opinions on Slivka and Milligan.

The biggest problem we've had since losing McGinn and McGeouch is not being able to control the midfield.
Defence plays too deep and the strikers either also have to drop deep or become isolated.

When Hecky first came in and was playing a 442 this was my first thought as well. The key thing he is missing more than anything is a central midfield pairing who can boss the midfield together, allowing the others to focus on what they do best.

The fact we've had to switch to 5 in the midfield now shows what we're lacking there. Would love if we could sort this position out as there's been a bloody glaring hole in our midfield since McGinn left and I wonder when we'll ever fill it again.

madsen5
19-04-2019, 04:32 PM
FAB ice lolly’s are my favourite if you’re buying.

Maroon ones ? .

BroxburnHibee
19-04-2019, 04:42 PM
Would it be better to change the thread title to "Summer transfer nonsense discussion" and have a separate thread for confirmed news only?

Just an idea :greengrin

SaulGoodman
19-04-2019, 04:46 PM
I was but I got chucked out for calling Dempster a puppet

Well that was daft.

You’ll need to redo the initiation ceremony now.

stokesmessiah
19-04-2019, 06:27 PM
Did anyone listen to the managers interview? When talking about resigning SDG etc, he says "that's where we have to be careful as it's the only area I have some scope to free up money to bring in players for next season" !

The Leith Dutch
19-04-2019, 07:05 PM
When Hecky first came in and was playing a 442 this was my first thought as well. The key thing he is missing more than anything is a central midfield pairing who can boss the midfield together, allowing the others to focus on what they do best.

The fact we've had to switch to 5 in the midfield now shows what we're lacking there. Would love if we could sort this position out as there's been a bloody glaring hole in our midfield since McGinn left and I wonder when we'll ever fill it again.

I'm always thinking back to Scholes and Keane.
Ran the midfield. That covered for Beckham not being great defensively or under pressure for example.
I'd do similar with Mallan.

Diclonius
19-04-2019, 10:57 PM

Allan coming in will partially solve the problem, but we need a metronome-type player i.e. McGeouch and a box-to-box guy with a physical presence ala McGinn.

Omeonga would go some way to solving that if we can at least get him back in on loan. Maybe McGeouch will want to come back?

Vault Boy
19-04-2019, 11:10 PM
Did anyone listen to the managers interview? When talking about resigning SDG etc, he says "that's where we have to be careful as it's the only area I have some scope to free up money to bring in players for next season" !

I was a bit surprised by that comment too, especially as both SDG and McGregor have apparently been offered extended deals.

Perhaps he was pointing more toward the likes of Bartley, Nelom, Spector and Agyepong being out of contract and freeing up wages. It's hard to tell, as the question only mentioned the first pair.

badabing67
20-04-2019, 12:18 AM
Out of contract winger. Seems to have had a decent season and earned a call up to the Wales squad.

Brandon Barker is out of contract at the end of the season. In Agepong's first interview he said he spoke to Brandon about the club and that he would love to come back at some point. Hope its soon

B.H.F.C
20-04-2019, 06:22 AM

Was an interesting comment and, IMO, it’s a good thing that contracts ain’t going to be getting dished out for sentimental reasons.

Still expect Gray and McGregor to be there next season, they’ve been good since he came in. Unless he’s looking at anything from a fitness perspective and knows more than us on that front. I reckon his comment will relate more to someone like Bartley.

I also don’t think he meant that there is no money available or anything like that. More that he doesn’t want to tie up a sizeable chunk of his budget if there is potentially a better option out there.

Billy Whizz
20-04-2019, 07:45 AM
Was an interesting comment and, IMO, it’s a good thing that contracts ain’t going to be getting dished out for sentimental reasons.

Still expect Gray and McGregor to be there next season, they’ve been good since he came in. Unless he’s looking at anything from a fitness perspective and knows more than us on that front. I reckon his comment will relate more to someone like Bartley.

I also don’t think he meant that there is no money available or anything like that. More that he doesn’t want to tie up a sizeable chunk of his budget if there is potentially a better option out there.

Could be the length of the deal Gray is after

Diclonius
22-04-2019, 11:10 AM
Could be the length of the deal Gray is after

Well, he got it.

Speedway
22-04-2019, 01:18 PM
Dylan on a season long loan is the chat from a ST holding mate with board connections at the stadium of shight.

Dylan doesn’t want to drop wages but isn’t getting enough game time, is the reason given.

500miles
22-04-2019, 01:31 PM
I wonder if, after getting no game time and another signing on fee, we could see Efe back at Hibs.

Haymaker
22-04-2019, 01:36 PM
I wonder if, after getting no game time and another signing on fee, we could see Efe back at Hibs.

Does seem a strange move that. Obviously bigger bank balance but he's not even appeared on the bench IIRC?

500miles
22-04-2019, 01:44 PM
Does seem a strange move that. Obviously bigger bank balance but he's not even appeared on the bench IIRC?

He's a ball playing centre half, not much room for that in the championship.

He'll have made a decent wedge we couldn't afford, and if he does come back, it's another signing on fee too.

Diclonius
22-04-2019, 01:45 PM
Dylan on a season long loan is the chat from a ST holding mate with board connections at the stadium of shight.

Dylan doesn’t want to drop wages but isn’t getting enough game time, is the reason given.

That's the kind of rumour we're after. Thanks mate.

Diclonius
22-04-2019, 01:52 PM
Contracted best starting XI as it stands:

Marciano

Gray Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Milligan Mallan Horgan

Shaw Kamberi

Pretty decent but still in need of a bit of midfield surgery, and another striker at the very least.

Solonleith1
22-04-2019, 01:55 PM

Marciano

Shaw Kamberi

Pretty decent but still in need of a bit of midfield surgery, and another striker at the very least.

It certainly looks a lot stronger than it would have done this time last year.

mayo hibee
22-04-2019, 02:00 PM

Marciano

Shaw Kamberi

Scott Allan could go in for Shaw there as well.

Diclonius
22-04-2019, 02:01 PM
Scott Allan could go in for Shaw there as well.

Ah yeah, that guy. I forgot about him.

04Sauzee
22-04-2019, 02:09 PM

Marciano

Shaw Kamberi

Pretty sure his preferred formation is 4-4-2 but do wonder if he might go 4-2-3-1

joe_hfc
22-04-2019, 02:37 PM

Marciano

Shaw Kamberi

Think Milligan's contract was 1 year + 1 year extension. With him nearing the end of his career, probably being on a decent wage, and Hecky saying that the only money he has to play with is the money which can be free'd up from our current squad - I wouldn't be surprised if he left/ is released

Iggy Pope
22-04-2019, 02:42 PM
Think Milligan's contract was 1 year + 1 year extension. With him nearing the end of his career, probably being on a decent wage, and Hecky saying that the only money he has to play with is the money which can be free'd up from our current squad - I wouldn't be surprised if he left/ is released

Is that right Joe_hfc? Cannae be. You sure you read that right? Maybe you read it on here.

cabbageandribs1875
22-04-2019, 02:42 PM

why the heck is he saying that, we don't even know what ticket sales will be etc etc, we've got another 4 months until next season kicks off :confused:

CMurdoch
22-04-2019, 02:48 PM

His contract is until the end of next season and he will see it out.

joe_hfc
22-04-2019, 02:56 PM
why the heck is he saying that, we don't even know what ticket sales will be etc etc, we've got another 4 months until next season kicks off :confused:

He said it in an interview before the celtic game when a journalist asked about Gray and other players whos contracts were expiring

joe_hfc
22-04-2019, 02:59 PM
Is that right Joe_hfc? Cannae be. You sure you read that right? Maybe you read it on here.

Probably was on here to be honest :greengrin

jeffers
22-04-2019, 03:02 PM
His contract is until the end of next season and he will see it out.

Do you know that for a fact ? I also thought it was 1 year with another 1 year option. I was hoping he'd leave in the summer and his wages freed up.

CMurdoch
22-04-2019, 03:10 PM

That would make sense as would the return of Efe if he can't get a better deal elsewhere.
Genoa have a massive squad of players so i can see us being able to bring Omeonga back on loan.
Sadly i can't see us getting McNulty back however if we can do the business above we could concentrate on bringing 1 or 2 quality strikers to the club.

To summarise incoming/returning:
Allan: guile, Omeonga: box to box and McGeough: metronome for the midfield.
Ambrose: x factor to break out of defence plus Porteous and a new defender, possibly Spector if Heck rates what he has seen.
2 new strikers plus Boyle.

A nice simplification of our player recruitment :wink:.
Unfortunately it won't pan out this way and PH will also have guys he likes and wants in to fit his desired method of play.

Big_Franck
22-04-2019, 03:11 PM
Do you know that for a fact ? I also thought it was 1 year with another 1 year option. I was hoping he'd leave in the summer and his wages freed up.

The news article on the official site here (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9097) when he signed just said it was a 2 year deal, not one year with another year as an option. Not sure where that rumour has come from.

calumhibee1
22-04-2019, 03:13 PM

I would have agreed with that but I’d want to keep him now I reckon. He’s been much better second half of the season.

ancient hibee
22-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Pretty sure his preferred formation is 4-4-2 but do wonder if he might go 4-2-3-1
We don’t play two upfront:confused:

CMurdoch
22-04-2019, 03:21 PM

Every newspaper piece at the time of the transfer in August stated it was a 2 year contract as did the official Hibs release.
A few folk on here have said it was a year with a years option but i have never seen this anywhere else.

B.H.F.C
22-04-2019, 03:23 PM
He said it in an interview before the celtic game when a journalist asked about Gray and other players whos contracts were expiring

He never said that was the only money he had to play with. He said it was the only way he could free further money up which is different. That’s the way in interpreted it anyway.

hibbyfraelibby
22-04-2019, 03:44 PM

You only sign pre-contracts with players coming out of contract...and they a very small part of the overall market.

hibbyfraelibby
22-04-2019, 03:48 PM
Brandon Barker is out of contract at the end of the season. In Agepong's first interview he said he spoke to Brandon about the club and that he would love to come back at some point. Hope its soon

To be honest I would hope Man City see value in allowing Thomas another season with us given his spell with us has been injury ravaged.

hfc rd
22-04-2019, 04:10 PM
To be honest I would hope Man City see value in allowing Thomas another season with us given his spell with us has been injury ravaged.

No thank you. Take nothing away, Agyepong does look a good wee player but is far too injury prone.

Would rather have Brandon Barker back or someone else. Someone mentioned on here that PH is interested in Ryan Hedges from Barnsley.

jeffers
22-04-2019, 04:10 PM
Every newspaper piece at the time of the transfer in August stated it was a 2 year contract as did the official Hibs release.
A few folk on here have said it was a year with a years option but i have never seen this anywhere else.

Cheers I probably read the 1 year bit on here.

mayo hibee
22-04-2019, 04:18 PM
I don't think we can risk another year of Agyepong unless he's coming for free (which might not be beyond possibility as they'll struggle to get him another loan after his injuries the last two seasons). That's if he's even kept on by City for another year.

Hibee Mac
22-04-2019, 05:07 PM

Why does anyone see any sense in taking him another year? We need someone who can play more than a handful of games all season

jeffers
22-04-2019, 05:16 PM
Why does anyone see any sense in taking him another year? We need someone who can play more than a handful of games all season

Totally agree. He's been injured most of the past 3 seasons, little to suggest that will change any time soon.

J-C
22-04-2019, 05:58 PM

I think it was suggested that that Milligan had the option to cancel the deal after the 1st year.

J-C
22-04-2019, 06:00 PM
Totally agree. He's been injured most of the past 3 seasons, little to suggest that will change any time soon.

He might be a nice gy but we can't carry passengers all season nowadays, his injury record is brutal.

22-04-2019, 06:55 PM

Yes please.

Speedway
23-04-2019, 12:13 PM
Fishy, BBC, SKY and Hootsmon all reported Milligan as being a two year deal. None said 1 year +1 option

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9097

we are hibs
23-04-2019, 01:28 PM
Fishy, BBC, SKY and Hootsmon all reported Milligan as being a two year deal. None said 1 year +1 option

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9097

I was under the assumption it was a 2 year deal with an option from either side to cancel after a year if they've felt it hasn't worked out.

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 01:53 PM
I was under the assumption it was a 2 year deal with an option from either side to cancel after a year if they've felt it hasn't worked out.

Yeah me too. We can take the extra year if required which on his reported high salary I would be enclined to decline. We should also take a took The Oz national team schedule too before making a decision.

Diclonius
23-04-2019, 01:58 PM
Yeah me too. We can take the extra year if required which on his reported high salary I would be enclined to decline. We should also take a took The Oz national team schedule too before making a decision.

I think he's been great since Australia, would happly keep him for the extra year.

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 02:02 PM
I think he's been great since Australia, would happly keep him for the extra year.

I would say better than he was but I feel we could do better. He’s not the worst mind you and came on to a game. Also cover for CH.

JimBHibees
23-04-2019, 02:53 PM
I would say better than he was but I feel we could do better. He’s not the worst mind you and came on to a game. Also cover for CH.

Agree with that though agree he played well at centre in recent games. Thought he was pretty average on Sunday for example.

Hibeesmad
23-04-2019, 03:37 PM
I think Milligan is the kind of guy to offer a lot more than just on the pitch. I think he is a great senior role model for the younger players and Heckingbottom likes these kind of players around the team, maybe that's why he's ahead of the likes of Slivka and Bartley (not doubting that Bartley is not that type of character too btw) but I think Hecky would let Bartley go before Milligan.

alihibs1
23-04-2019, 03:52 PM
What’s this with Mcgeouch being rumoured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
23-04-2019, 03:57 PM
I see that The Rangers have signed Hastie on a pre contract from Motherwell. They seem to be going down the cheap route, weakening competition along the way. Jones, Kamara and Hastie are all players I would have in this Hibs team but I expect they will be on wages a lot higher than we would pay. I believe we could get similar quality players, if not better, if the recruitment is on point for a lot less

HoboHarry
23-04-2019, 04:17 PM
I see that The Rangers have signed Hastie on a pre contract from Motherwell. They seem to be going down the cheap route, weakening competition along the way. Jones, Kamara and Hastie are all players I would have in this Hibs team but I expect they will be on wages a lot higher than we would pay. I believe we could get similar quality players, if not better, if the recruitment is on point for a lot less
They are signing decent SPL players in the hope of recouping some sell-on fees I think but these signing are not of the quality that is going to challenge Celtic. This will become a problem for the Sevco half-heids in the stands......

cmcd
23-04-2019, 04:50 PM

Another season of piss poor loan players like Omeonga and Mcnulty await us.Are you for real

CapitalGreen
23-04-2019, 04:52 PM
Are you for real

I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest he was taking the piss.

hibbydad
23-04-2019, 04:53 PM
Saul Goodman you are either a jambo or insane RP does not take money out of the club and LD is the best thing to happen to Hibs in a long time

Hibs90
23-04-2019, 05:30 PM
Saul Goodman you are either a jambo or insane RP does not take money out of the club and LD is the best thing to happen to Hibs in a long time

I think he's at the wind up :wink:

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 05:44 PM
Hastie is going to have a suberb future in the game, Kamara is a class player and Jones gives them something different. Three very good signings.

PatHead
23-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Hastie is going to have a suberb future in the game, Kamara is a class player and Jones gives them something different. Three very good signings.

Maybe at Scottish level but not if they want to challenge Celtic.

Jones28
23-04-2019, 05:58 PM

To play most teams in this league yes. To challenge Celtic and progress in Europe? No.

hfc rd
23-04-2019, 06:29 PM

They are good signings but not if you are looking to challenge Celtic for the league.

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 06:40 PM
To play most teams in this league yes. To challenge Celtic and progress in Europe? No.

They need a squad though, Jones and Kamara squad players Hastie massive prospect. All good signings. I don’t think they are signed with the intention of being first team players to challenge Celtic although they might get a scenario like Armstrong or Christie where they are good enough.

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 06:41 PM
They are good signings but not if you are looking to challenge Celtic for the league.

They are very capable players to come in and do a job. Kamara was class on Sat and they picked up an easy 3 points, it’s the kind of players they need to have over a long season.

**** sticking up for the huns though. 😂

Since452
23-04-2019, 06:43 PM

Rangers are becoming the new Aberdeen. Nothing more.

Speedway
23-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Are you for real

Whoosh.

Diclonius
23-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Running total of Premiership club signings so far this summer (those confirmed in the top division next season):

Aberdeen: 0
Celtic: 0
Hearts: 1 (Halkett)
Hibs: 1 (Allan)
Kilmarnock: 0
Livingston: 0
Motherwell: 0
Rangers: 1 (Jones)
St Johnstone: 0

Rangers away to sign Greg Stewart and Jake Hastie too.

The 90+2
23-04-2019, 06:56 PM
Rangers are becoming the new Aberdeen. Nothing more.

Unfortunately I don’t see it like that.

JohnM1875
23-04-2019, 06:58 PM
Don't see how Jones, Kamara and to an extent Hastie are any worse than Ryan Christie. Who has been an important player for Celtic this season. Think all three are really good signings and only Kamara has been for a fee.

dchibs
23-04-2019, 07:06 PM
Running total of Premiership club signings so far this summer (those confirmed in the top division next season):

Did Hearts not sign some defender from Leeds.

hfc rd
23-04-2019, 07:08 PM

You are correct.

Aidy White

bingo70
23-04-2019, 07:17 PM

He’s there now I think though? Don’t think it was a pre-contract, he’s just not likely to be fit until then.

Could be wrong with that though.

CallumLaidlaw
23-04-2019, 08:41 PM

Haven’t Motherwell signed someone pre contract from Livvy?

mjhibby
23-04-2019, 08:45 PM

Exactly. Will no doubt cement second but no chance they will win the league with these players. None of them as good as an on song Scott Allan IMHO.

BoomtownHibees
23-04-2019, 08:50 PM

Declan Gallagher

jeffers
23-04-2019, 08:51 PM
Exactly. Will no doubt cement second but no chance they will win the league with these players. None of them as good as an on song Scott Allan IMHO.

I think a lot depends on who gets the Celtic job.

500miles
23-04-2019, 08:59 PM

And Liam Polwarth from ICT

Hibeesmad
23-04-2019, 09:22 PM
I think a lot depends on who gets the Celtic job.

If it's not Lennon, then any other manager who comes in with a bit about them would only do so on the basis that they get the money to help them challenge further in Europe. I do think it will be Lennon however from what I've heard but we will see 👍

jeffers
23-04-2019, 09:30 PM
If it's not Lennon, then any other manager who comes in with a bit about them would only do so on the basis that they get the money to help them challenge further in Europe. I do think it will be Lennon however from what I've heard but we will see 👍

If NL gets the job I can see the Rangers getting much closer to them next season, if not winning it. I honestly can't see Celtic doing any better in Europe than they have been doing. They simply won't spend the money to attract the type of players + our league isn't that attractive to make them want to come in anyway imo.

Hibeesmad
23-04-2019, 09:41 PM
If NL gets the job I can see the Rangers getting much closer to them next season, if not winning it. I honestly can't see Celtic doing any better in Europe than they have been doing. They simply won't spend the money to attract the type of players + our league isn't that attractive to make them want to come in anyway imo.

They were successful in Lennon's last spell but that was mainly due to having the quality of Forster, Van Dijk and Wanyama in their team. Unless they can bring in that calibre of talent again I can't see them achieving much in Europe. It will be between them and Rangers for the title, I think Rangers still have Murphy and Dorrans to come back also so they will be a threat. If they sell Morelos and use the money to bring in a couple more players better than what Celtic currently have then they have a great chance.

But hopefully the Hibees will overcome the both
:greengrin

Michael
23-04-2019, 10:36 PM
Wouldn't surprise me massively if Rangers won the league next season. I think they're buying good players.

Celtic spend more money, but aren't hugely better off for it.

Forza Fred
23-04-2019, 10:52 PM
Le Fondre done deal.

He would be an excellent signing I agree.....based on his performances with Sydney Fc.

He is running second on the A League goalscoring charts but simply can’t see Hibs being able to offer anywhere near what he will be on at Sydney, and so far I have not heard any stories about him wishing to return to the northern hemisphere.

ozwoody
23-04-2019, 11:20 PM
He would be an excellent signing I agree.....based on his performances with Sydney Fc.

He is running second on the A League goalscoring charts but simply can’t see Hibs being able to offer anywhere near what he will be on at Sydney, and so far I have not heard any stories about him wishing to return to the northern hemisphere.

What about Roy Krishna at Wellington? top of scoring charts with an unfancied side and doesn't have the quality of players around him that Le Fondre has.Would be on less wages too i would suggest

Forza Fred
24-04-2019, 04:46 AM
What about Roy Krishna at Wellington? top of scoring charts with an unfancied side and doesn't have the quality of players around him that Le Fondre has.Would be on less wages too i would suggest

Problem is his age..think he's 32 or thereabouts, and agree he's good in the A League ...but think he would find the physicality of the Scottish game a bit tougher and defences not so obliging, just like Jamie did, than what he is used to.

Since452
24-04-2019, 08:09 AM

His brother Harry is almost god like.

Diclonius
24-04-2019, 01:49 PM
Cant remember where I heard or saw it now so not a reliable source by any stretch, but heard we were in for Shankland and Harry Souttar

Just noticed this. John Souttar's wee brother - interesting. Any more info on it?

HoboHarry
24-04-2019, 02:03 PM
Ah, reincarnation of that old rumour.......

Unseen work
25-04-2019, 10:45 PM
Looking forward to seeing who we go for this summer.

Think the type of player will be different from Lennon, more youthful players rising through the ranks/performing well at lower levels opposed to guys like Whitts, Milligan, Holt etc.

Interested to see if we go for Shankland

CMurdoch
25-04-2019, 11:08 PM

He is a big haddie who will be back in Scotland before you can say Brechin.

JimBHibees
26-04-2019, 06:11 AM
He is a big haddie who will be back in Scotland before you can say Brechin.

Think he meant Harry Krishna :greengrin

Since452
26-04-2019, 12:39 PM
Think he meant Harry Krishna :greengrin

👍

Diclonius
26-04-2019, 05:15 PM
McNulty confirms in the EEN that he definitely absolutely.. Wants to be at a football club playing football next season.

Hermit Crab
26-04-2019, 06:12 PM
McNulty confirms in the EEN that he definitely absolutely.. Wants to be at a football club playing football next season.

Really? I expected him to come out and say he wants to go and work on the rigs or something next season...:rolleyes:

berwickhibee
26-04-2019, 06:24 PM

Good news.

dchibs
26-04-2019, 07:03 PM

No chance of him ever going to the yams then.

w pilton hibby
27-04-2019, 10:48 PM
Heckingbottom wants Omeonga back next season...

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17602621.hibernians-paul-heckingbottom-to-scour-loan-market/

Likes the loan system a lot it seems.

jacomo
28-04-2019, 08:57 AM
Heckingbottom wants Omeonga back next season...

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17602621.hibernians-paul-heckingbottom-to-scour-loan-market/

Likes the loan system a lot it seems.

Of course he does.

IMO the loan system is out of control and open to abuse, but we need to explore every avenue to improve the team.

Would love Omeonga to play at Hibs next season.

Stuart93
28-04-2019, 09:45 AM
Don’t like the way he says he’d rather build his team around loans. Surely getting younger players that we can develop ourselves and sell on is the what we should be looking at?

Smartie
28-04-2019, 09:51 AM
Don’t like the way he says he’d rather build his team around loans. Surely getting younger players that we can develop ourselves and sell on is the what we should be looking at?

I think it's all about the blend.

The loan market does allow you to get good players that you otherwise couldn't afford.

Chuck in a bit of experience, signing players doing well at a lower level and a few of our own youngsters and we're there.

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 09:55 AM
I think it's all about the blend.

The loan market does allow you to get good players that you otherwise couldn't afford.

Chuck in a bit of experience, signing players doing well at a lower level and a few of our own youngsters and we're there.

Spot on, and really this is all a team like Hibs can hope for.
Throw in our good "man manager" and you could have a side fighting for top 2 or 3 next year. I'm looking forward to seeing the handicap prices for next season

Since452
28-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Spot on, and really this is all a team like Hibs can hope for.
Throw in our good "man manager" and you could have a side fighting for top 2 or 3 next year. I'm looking forward to seeing the handicap prices for next season

Come on, why should they get cheaper tickets?

Diclonius
28-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Omeonga in the EEN says he probably doesn't want to go back to Italy, but that's about it.

Bangkok Hibby
28-04-2019, 11:08 AM
Come on, why should they get cheaper tickets?

Haha ya nutter 😀 took me a second but pissing myself now 😂😂😂

mutley
28-04-2019, 12:36 PM
For F@&&s sake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rotherhamrob
28-04-2019, 02:01 PM
For F@&&s sake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where does he play and is he any good?

MrRobot
28-04-2019, 02:06 PM
Let Kamberi go in the summer. Waste of a jersey.

Hibeesmad
28-04-2019, 02:57 PM
Johnson, Bigi, Bogdan, Bartley, Gauld, Ageypong, Omeonga and McNulty all leaving at the moment as it stands.

Realistically who else do we think will go and who do we think will possibly come back/stay out of that list?

Diclonius
28-04-2019, 02:59 PM
Forwards needed.

hfc rd
28-04-2019, 03:02 PM
Definitely up top is where we are lacking and the area I hope we really strengthen this summer

supermcginn
28-04-2019, 03:55 PM
Desperate for strikers. With allan, boyle and porteous to come back if we can get 2 or 3 better quality forwards we will be fine. Not convinced with any of our striking options atm.

04Sauzee
29-04-2019, 10:20 PM
The Sun running a story that we are interested in signing Greg Docherty from Rangers.
Personally can't see it as he cost them a reported £650k and couldn't imagine them allowing him to come to us on loan

Diclonius
29-04-2019, 10:30 PM
The Sun running a story that we are interested in signing Gregg Docherty from Rangers.
Personally can't see it as he cost them a reported £650k and couldn't imagine them allowing him to come to us on loan

There's no way we would loan a player from Rangers.

I'd take him on a permanent deal. A midfielder who gets stuck in is exactly what we need.

Stuart93
29-04-2019, 10:40 PM
The Sun running a story that we are interested in signing Greg Docherty from Rangers.

Unless SG’s been told to move players on before he can bring more in, still can’t see them selling to us. He’s a cracking player

Souter96Mac
29-04-2019, 11:03 PM
Unlikely, unless Gerrard is not a fan. He's got 7 goals and 8 assists in league 1, but is still contracted for another couple of seasons. Would definitely take him

Unseen work
29-04-2019, 11:50 PM
Docherty is a very good player however well out of our reach imo, he’s had a great season for Shrewsbury and has been linked with championship teams.

Rangers will sell him for a profit.

DetroitHibs
30-04-2019, 12:03 AM
Hope we try and sign Moult.

500miles
30-04-2019, 05:44 AM

He'd be some signing.

Michael
30-04-2019, 07:23 AM
Don't think there will be much business between us and Rangers until their ownership changes.

bingo70
30-04-2019, 07:30 AM
Don't think there will be much business between us and Rangers until their ownership changes.

I wonder if getting their allocation back increased to the full stand may have gone some way to smoothing tensions between the clubs in order to allow us to do a deal for a player?

FWIW I think he’s an excellent player and if there was a way we could sign him from The Rangers i’d be delighted.

CapitalGreen
30-04-2019, 07:48 AM
Docherty is a very good player however well out of our reach imo, he’s had a great season for Shrewsbury and has been linked with championship teams.

Rangers will sell him for a profit.

4 years ago we signed Rangers player of the year so I don’t think it’s unrealistic. Doherty is currently so far out of Gerrard’s plans that he’s in Shrewsbury.

eastmainsmsh
30-04-2019, 08:56 AM
Louis moult and Jason Cummings would be nice

JimBHibees
30-04-2019, 09:34 AM

Tend to agree and think Docherty will have interest down south.

Diclonius
30-04-2019, 09:44 AM

That would sort our forward line.

hibs#1
30-04-2019, 10:07 AM
Docherty would be a good signing. Highly doubt Rangers will deal with us though.

chrisski33
30-04-2019, 10:14 AM

cummings wont be back and dont see Hibs going for him

Brightside
30-04-2019, 10:31 AM
Tend to agree and think Docherty will have interest down south.

From what i heard Rangers haven't paid for him yet.

Since452
30-04-2019, 10:49 AM
Docherty is exactly the type of player we should be looking at. I'd be delighted with that signing.

Mick O'Rourke
30-04-2019, 11:10 AM
4 years ago we signed Rangers player of the year so I don’t think it’s unrealistic. Doherty is currently so far out of Gerrard’s plans that he’s in Shrewsbury.

Iirc, Daz was a free agent when we signed him.
He had already left Sevco by "mutual consent"

Doherty having had a good loan spell down south may well get back in Gerrard's plans for next year
If sevco let him go, they may be making the same mistake Warburton did with Daz

19Leith75
30-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Lewis Allan rumoured to be on his way to Tranmere or Oxford Utd

Since452
30-04-2019, 11:57 AM

Good move for him. Hate saying it but he looks out of his depth when I've seen him in first team.

calumhibee1
30-04-2019, 11:57 AM

His agent deserves a medal if he manages that. Especially Oxford.

Without sounding harsh, he looks like a junior footballer imo.

Billy Whizz
30-04-2019, 12:00 PM

Without sounding harsh, he looks like a junior footballer imo.

His agent is Jim McArthur

jodjam
30-04-2019, 12:01 PM

Typical west coast rags trying to unsettle sevco a few days before we play them. Always happens

JimBHibees
30-04-2019, 12:23 PM
From what i heard Rangers haven't paid for him yet.

If true and Hamilton have been bumped then surprised they havent publicised it especially on the back of them being allegedly scammed earlier in the season.

Diclonius
30-04-2019, 02:30 PM
Jack Grimmer rumoured by some on here. Right wingback.

biscuitersed75
30-04-2019, 03:02 PM

Without sounding harsh, he looks like a junior footballer imo.Rumour started by The Sun, enough said. You do sound harsh imo, and the junior level jibe is uncalled for. Lewis has never had a decent crack of the whip at Hibs. When he has been called upon, especially in the last year or so, he has done a decent job. Certainly according to his manager at least (praised by Lennon on at least 2 occasions).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
30-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Jack Grimmer rumoured by some on here. Right wingback.

Yes please.

HFC93
30-04-2019, 03:30 PM
Docherty would be a fantastic signing. I don’t feel he has been given the opportunity at Rangers to grow into the player I think he is capable of being.

Stevie Reid
30-04-2019, 03:55 PM
Not a rumour but I'd love it if we saw Brandon Barker return this summer.

calumhibee1
30-04-2019, 03:59 PM
Rumour started by The Sun, enough said. You do sound harsh imo, and the junior level jibe is uncalled for. Lewis has never had a decent crack of the whip at Hibs. When he has been called upon, especially in the last year or so, he has done a decent job. Certainly according to his manager at least (praised by Lennon on at least 2 occasions).

I’m just basing it in what I saw at Hibs where he looked way out his depth and his return for Edinburgh City where he scored 5 goals in 30 games. Hopefully he goes on to do well. Better players have dropped out of the SPFL than him though.

angus hibby
30-04-2019, 04:16 PM
Was reported that Barnsley defender Adam Jackson was apparently at the game on Sunday. Out of contract in the summer.

Ronniekirk
30-04-2019, 04:19 PM
I’m just basing it in what I saw at Hibs where he looked way out his depth and his return for Edinburgh City where he scored 5 goals in 30 games. Hopefully he goes on to do well. Better players have dropped out of the SPFL than him though.

Lennon gave him a one year extension which is up in the Summer Dint think we have seen enough of him to suggest he can break into the first team

Ronniekirk
30-04-2019, 04:22 PM
Docherty would be a fantastic signing. I don’t feel he has been given the opportunity at Rangers to grown into the player I think he is capable of being.

He has come put in the press and made it clear he wants to return to Ibrox so would be surprised if he ends up with us as can’t see Gerrard letting him come to us on Loan

biscuitersed75
30-04-2019, 07:44 PM
I’m just basing it in what I saw at Hibs where he looked way out his depth and his return for Edinburgh City where he scored 5 goals in 30 games. Hopefully he goes on to do well. Better players have dropped out of the SPFL than him though.I'm interested to know how you assess him to be way out of his depth at Hibs? What games are you referring to? His Edinburgh City spell admittedly wasn't great, but that wasn't too long after he'd recovered from some serious surgery.

biscuitersed75
30-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Lennon gave him a one year extension which is up in the Summer Dint think we have seen enough of him to suggest he can break into the first team

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAgree that we haven't seen enough of him, therein lies the problem. Seen plenty of Shaw though, despite him blowing hot and cold.

Onceinawhile
30-04-2019, 07:59 PM
I'm interested to know how you assess him to be way out of his depth at Hibs? What games are you referring to? His Edinburgh City spell admittedly wasn't great, but that wasn't too long after he'd recovered from some serious surgery.

Probably from watching him when he's come on. The times I've seen him, he's not looked even close to up to scratch.

B.H.F.C
30-04-2019, 08:01 PM
Agree that we haven't seen enough of him, therein lies the problem. Seen plenty of Shaw though, despite him blowing hot and cold.

Why haven’t we seen enough of him though? Because he is nowhere near the standard needed to be a first team striker for Hibs.

I’m not Shaw’s biggest fan but he has shown something now and again. Lewis Allan hasn’t ever looked remotely threatening in his limited appearances.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-04-2019, 08:01 PM
Docherty would be a good signing. Highly doubt Rangers will deal with us though.

Related to Jack so you never know....

biscuitersed75
30-04-2019, 08:08 PM
Probably from watching him when he's come on. The times I've seen him, he's not looked even close to up to scratch.In the last year or so, as I've already said, he's played twice from the start against Livingston winning praise from the then manager. He also featured for a short spell against Aberdeen away, again equipping himself very well. Clearly we are seeing things very differently. All about opinions though. My view is that he was very much up to scratch but hasn't been given a decent run, unlike Shaw.

calumhibee1
30-04-2019, 08:08 PM
I'm interested to know how you assess him to be way out of his depth at Hibs? What games are you referring to? His Edinburgh City spell admittedly wasn't great, but that wasn't too long after he'd recovered from some serious surgery.

As others have said, from watching him when he has come on. When you consider Danny Handling is now playing League 2 (probably quite rightly)and he was imo significantly better than Allan, then that’s another reason I’m surprised he’s getting that kind of move. You don’t need to see him that many times when he’s so clearly so far off the level required when we have seen him. Like you said though, all about opinions.

Anyway, I don’t have a problem with Lewis Allan, seems a decent enough professional.. I’d just be stunned if he somehow gets a move to League 1 or 2 in England.

biscuitersed75
30-04-2019, 08:12 PM
Why haven’t we seen enough of him though? Because he is nowhere near the standard needed to be a first team striker for Hibs.

I’m not Shaw’s biggest fan but he has shown something now and again. Lewis Allan hasn’t ever looked remotely threatening in his limited appearances.You've hit the nail on the head with 'limited appearances'. How can you possibly show what you can offer based on the odd game here and there. Olly Shaw has been afforded plenty of opportunities, Lewis Allan hasn't.

Stuart93
30-04-2019, 08:14 PM
Surely no-ones arguing that Lewis Allan is good enough for us? Struggled to get regular starting places at Dunfermline, Forfar and Livingston.

B.H.F.C
30-04-2019, 08:17 PM
You've hit the nail on the head with 'limited appearances'. How can you possibly show what you can offer based on the odd game here and there. Olly Shaw has been afforded plenty of opportunities, Lewis Allan hasn't.

He hasn’t been afforded them for a reason though? Presumably he trains all week, has an opportunity to show what he can do, and what he has shown is that he isn’t good enough to lead the line for us perhaps?

3pm
30-04-2019, 08:25 PM
You've hit the nail on the head with 'limited appearances'. How can you possibly show what you can offer based on the odd game here and there. Olly Shaw has been afforded plenty of opportunities, Lewis Allan hasn't.

The same reason as I have no appearances for Hibs.

biscuitersed75
30-04-2019, 08:27 PM
As others have said, from watching him when he has come on. When you consider Danny Handling is now playing League 2 (probably quite rightly)and he was imo significantly better than Allan, then that’s another reason I’m surprised he’s getting that kind of move. You don’t need to see him that many times when he’s so clearly so far off the level required when we have seen him. Like you said though, all about opinions.

Anyway, I don’t have a problem with Lewis Allan, seems a decent enough professional.. I’d just be stunned if he somehow gets a move to League 1 or 2 in England.Danny Handling featured many times in the first team, far more than Lewis Allan ever has. Doesn't stand up to comparison. Clearly, you're able to make up your mind about a player based on a handful of appearances. I'd prefer to give them a decent chance before judging them.

calumhibee1
30-04-2019, 08:48 PM
Danny Handling featured many times in the first team, far more than Lewis Allan ever has. Doesn't stand up to comparison. Clearly, you're able to make up your mind about a player based on a handful of appearances. I'd prefer to give them a decent chance before judging them.

Lewis Allan hasn’t been given the opportunities because he hasn’t shown nearly enough to merit them, whether that’s his limited sub appearances at Hibs or his 6 goals in 50 games in the bottom two leagues of the Scottish football pyramid when he’s been out on loan.

Danny Handling showed a hell of a lot more, hence why he got more opportunities.

biscuitersed75
30-04-2019, 09:31 PM
Lewis Allan hasn’t been given the opportunities because he hasn’t shown nearly enough to merit them, whether that’s his limited sub appearances at Hibs or his 6 goals in 50 games in the bottom two leagues of the Scottish football pyramid when he’s been out on loan.

Danny Handling showed a hell of a lot more, hence why he got more opportunities.For what it's worth, I never rated Danny Handling, that based on an assessment of his contribution to many first team games that he featured in. Lewis Allan's various loan spells are not relevant to the point I'm trying to make. For the last year or so, when he has been totally fit and fully recovered from the horrendous medical issues that he faced, he's featured regularly in the first team squad. But, hasn't been given the game time to show what is capable of. If he had and didn't cut it, fair enough. If he was so poor as a few posters are suggesting, then why was he there in the first place?

McKenzie
30-04-2019, 09:33 PM
Danny Handling featured many times in the first team, far more than Lewis Allan ever has. Doesn't stand up to comparison. Clearly, you're able to make up your mind about a player based on a handful of appearances. I'd prefer to give them a decent chance before judging them.

So at what age of being a professional footballer do you say someone is not good enough? Or do we keep him until he’s 40 because he “hasn’t had enough opportunities”? Boys not good enough for Hibs, move him on

Iain G
30-04-2019, 09:34 PM
For what it's worth, I never rated Danny Handling, that based on an assessment of his contribution to many first team games that he featured in. Lewis Allan's various loan spells are not relevant to the point I'm trying to make. For the last year or so, when he has been totally fit and fully recovered from the horrendous medical issues that he faced, he's featured regularly in the first team squad. But, hasn't been given the game time to show what is capable of. If he had and didn't cut it, fair enough. If he was so poor as a few posters are suggesting, then why was he there in the first place?

He was there as we were short of numbers and Lennon was making a point with Flo. If Heck doesn't rate him then we need to trust in his judgement.

IberianHibernian
30-04-2019, 09:35 PM
Surely no-ones arguing that Lewis Allan is good enough for us? Struggled to get regular starting places at Dunfermline, Forfar and Livingston.How old was he and what was his fitness situation when he was at these clubs ? Was he not out for a long time with a back problem ? I`ve only seen him on telly like game at Livi where he was our best player and odd sub appearance and have been surprised that he hasn`t played more . Anyway if it`s confirmed that he`s leaving us good luck to him and hope he does well wherever he goes .

biscuitersed75
30-04-2019, 09:37 PM
So at what age of being a professional footballer do you say someone is not good enough? Or do we keep him until he’s 40 because he “hasn’t had enough opportunities”? Boys not good enough for Hibs, move him onYou play him a good few times and if he's not delivering you make that judgement. Lewis Allan has had 2 games and the odd subby appearance. Not enough to decide imo.

biscuitersed75
30-04-2019, 09:39 PM
He was there as we were short of numbers and Lennon was making a point with Flo. If Heck doesn't rate him then we need to trust in his judgement.And you know that for sure?

biscuitersed75
30-04-2019, 09:41 PM
How old was he and what was his fitness situation when he was at these clubs ? Was he not out for a long time with a back problem ? I`ve only seen him on telly like game at Livi where he was our best player and odd sub appearance and have been surprised that he hasn`t played more . Anyway if it`s confirmed that he`s leaving us good luck to him and hope he does well wherever he goes .Yes, his development was severely hindered by the back problem.

eastterrace
30-04-2019, 09:42 PM
In the last year or so, as I've already said, he's played twice from the start against Livingston winning praise from the then manager. He also featured for a short spell against Aberdeen away, again equipping himself very well. Clearly we are seeing things very differently. All about opinions though. My view is that he was very much up to scratch but hasn't been given a decent run, unlike Shaw.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalksorry can’t agree with you . He was poor against Livingston and looked out of his depth. The only reason Lennon praised him was because Lennon was having a strop with kamberi and tried to make out he had done the right thing playing shaw and Allen . He was then dropped for the next game.

biscuitersed75
30-04-2019, 09:44 PM
sorry can’t agree with you . He was poor against Livingston and looked out of his depth. The only reason Lennon praised him was because Lennon was having a strop with kamberi and tried to make out he had done the right thing playing shaw and Allen . He was then dropped for the next game.Sorry, don't agree with you. I take it Lennon shared his thoughts with you on this?

bigwheel
30-04-2019, 09:50 PM
Sorry, don't agree with you. I take it Lennon shared his thoughts with you on this?

He’s not made the grade mate ...in a time where we had limited options he got some game time never let himself down - but showed nothing to suggest he can play regularly at that level...didn’t even play every week for Edinburgh city last season ...wish him well for the rest of his career

Unseen work
30-04-2019, 10:03 PM
Lewis Allan isn’t good enough, if he was he would have got more opportunities and done more with them when he did.

He seems good for hold up and getting in behind teams with his pace and strength but just never filled me with confidence that he would score.

Hope he goes on to have a good career elsewhere, always sad to see a young boy not make the grade.

He’s 22 now, clubs have to make a decision on young players and we can’t justify giving him a new contract.

eastterrace
30-04-2019, 10:04 PM
Sorry, don't agree with you. I take it Lennon shared his thoughts with you on this?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalki take it Lennon told you different :wink:

04Sauzee
30-04-2019, 10:14 PM
Who was the big target man we were linked with in January? Think The Rangers ended up being linked with him? Remember he had a good goalscoring record this season but not sure how his season went from January onwards.

biscuitersed75
30-04-2019, 10:15 PM
i take it Lennon told you different :wink:Something like that[emoji6]

Eyrie
30-04-2019, 10:18 PM
You play him a good few times and if he's not delivering you make that judgement. Lewis Allan has had 2 games and the odd subby appearance. Not enough to decide imo.

By that logic every player in the development squad should be guaranteed a couple of dozen games for Hibs before we decide whether to release them.

Instead those who aren't deemed good enough get released without featuring at all. Allan has at least had some playing time but clearly didn't do enough to persuade two different managers that he deserves more opportunities.

So I'll wish him good luck elsewhere.

hfc rd
30-04-2019, 11:24 PM
Who was the big target man we were linked with in January? Think The Rangers ended up being linked with him? Remember he had a good goalscoring record this season but not sure how his season went from January onwards.

The only strikers I remember us being linked with this past January were Cummings, Shankland & McNulty

biscuitersed75
30-04-2019, 11:29 PM
By that logic every player in the development squad should be guaranteed a couple of dozen games for Hibs before we decide whether to release them.

Instead those who aren't deemed good enough get released without featuring at all. Allan has at least had some playing time but clearly didn't do enough to persuade two different managers that he deserves more opportunities.

So I'll wish him good luck elsewhere.Who said anything about a dozen games? Do you think that two games is enough to form an opinion? I don't.

matty_f
30-04-2019, 11:31 PM
Who said anything about a dozen games? Do you think that two games is enough to form an opinion? I don't.

But the manager will see the players regularly in training and development games, that'll influence the decision more than a couple of first team matches.

biscuitersed75
30-04-2019, 11:43 PM
But the manager will see the players regularly in training and development games, that'll influence the decision more than a couple of first team matches.I agree. They then put them in the squad and on the bench for several games, but don't involve them. What's the point?

04Sauzee
30-04-2019, 11:55 PM
The only strikers I remember us being linked with this past January were Cummings, Shankland & McNulty

Found the name I was looking for it was Tom Eaves

Unseen work
01-05-2019, 12:19 AM
Got told we’re keen on Josh Mullin, scored 14 goals and 20 assists this season for Ross County.

Would seem to fit the Heckingbottom type of player - excelling at lower levels. Also won promotion with Livi the season prior.

MagicSwirlingShip
01-05-2019, 12:25 AM

Tom Eaves, 19 goals in 42 apps for Gillingham this season. Contract expires end of June.

BSEJVT
01-05-2019, 04:15 AM
I agree. They then put them in the squad and on the bench for several games, but don't involve them. What's the point?

The point is he was the least worst option available

Probably the only other fit striker on the books

Constructing a bench, like a team is about variety, there wouldn't be much point in having 7 defenders on the bench would there?

Good luck to the guy and he has shown tremendous fortitude to come back from a very serious injury but he is IMO nowhere near the standard of player we need if we want to progress.

BTW I watch a lot of the development games on Hibs TV so this isn't just based on his limited first team appearances

J-C
01-05-2019, 05:01 AM
Lewis Allan has had 2 fully fit seasons since his severe back problems, he's managed a handful of appearances, if he was going to make it here he would have by now. He's something like 22 now and not a wee laddie, it's time to move on and allow him the chance to play regularly elsewhere.

Since452
01-05-2019, 05:19 AM
He was there as we were short of numbers and Lennon was making a point with Flo. If Heck doesn't rate him then we need to trust in his judgement.

Thats shows just how much Lennon had lost the plot

bigwheel
01-05-2019, 05:34 AM
Thats shows just how much Lennon had lost the plot

Heckingbottom had him as a sub for a number of games too.....it was because we had no real alternatives, same as Lennon...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
01-05-2019, 05:39 AM
Lennon lost the plot and started Shaw and Allan instead of Kamberi and MacLaren at one point. His use of Allan was, in my opinion, to make a point to Flo. I’m sure he even subbed Allan on with a minute left in the Derby just to get it up Kamberi.

Allan had a bad injury but if he was going to even get close to making it at this level we would’ve seen a lot more of him by now. His record in the lower leagues before his injury is dreadful. At least with Shaw we’ve seen that he can perform and score goals.

hibee-boys
01-05-2019, 05:44 AM
I was surprised when he got a contract extension last year, wish the lad all the best but, in my opinion, has shown less than the likes of Handling, Harris, Stanton etc....and look what happened to them.

hibee-boys
01-05-2019, 05:48 AM
....in fact the only graduate from the development team/training academy in the last few years that i think will make it to a level above hibs is Porteous. For me that is a worry, one decent propect every 6/7 years for all that investment??

bigwheel
01-05-2019, 05:48 AM
Lennon lost the plot and started Shaw and Allan instead of Kamberi and MacLaren at one point. His use of Allan was, in my opinion, to make a point to Flo. I’m sure he even subbed Allan on with a minute left in the Derby just to get it up Kamberi.

Allan had a bad injury but if he was going to even get close to making it at this level we would’ve seen a lot more of him by now. His record in the lower leagues before his injury is dreadful. At least with Shaw we’ve seen that he can perform and score goals.

I think the public outing of Lennon's dismay with Kamberi's performances have almost universally been seen as not a helpful way of managing the player...equally though, I've seen little from Kamberi since Lennon left that suggests his views were wrong....there is no doubt the previous coaching team were deeply frustrated with him. I suspect the current team will be getting there too.

Lewis Allan would not have got game time if Kamberi was performing well..they are both related, don't know if they were as calculated as you suggest - could be ..whatever though, they certainly haven't worked in getting Kamberi to perform.

bigwheel
01-05-2019, 05:50 AM
....in fact the only graduate from the development team/training academy in the last few years that i think will make it to a level above hibs is Porteous. For me that is a worry, one decent propect every 6/7 years for all that investment??

Think this is a good point....perhaps a Fraser Murray could be added too.... but we've not seen anything from the rest yet to suggest they will be regulars.. it is a disappointing return so far.

BILLYHIBS
01-05-2019, 06:01 AM

Agree with this!

He is a nugget

It just shows how hard it is to make the grade at HIBS in the present system

I just hope he comes back fitter and stronger and kicks on

To think this time last year some on here wanted to put him out on loan

:faf:

McKenzie
01-05-2019, 06:09 AM
You play him a good few times and if he's not delivering you make that judgement. Lewis Allan has had 2 games and the odd subby appearance. Not enough to decide imo.

So you play him just to see that’s he’s good enough, while definitely putting the chance of 3 points in jeopardy as we are significantly weakening our team? Defies logic

Aldo
01-05-2019, 06:13 AM

Shaw is a far better player than Lewis Allan and tbh I’m not sure Shaw is good enough to take to where we want to be and that’s challenging top 4 and cups!

Make of that what you will!

calumhibee1
01-05-2019, 06:50 AM
Anyway, this seemed to start when someone said Oxford wanted him. Just for perspective, Dylan went to the same league and isn’t getting a game. If Allan’s agent gets him a move there then bravo :agree: