PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer 2019 transfer thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

bingo70
13-08-2019, 06:48 AM
:agree:

We’re now at the point where fans aren’t just wanting rid of PH but to emphasise that point they’re suggesting that people are actually unfortunate to be part of our club.

I wonder if they realise they’re not obliged to support us if they think that players are unfortunate for having to sign for us?

I suspect it was just a light hearted comment that’s been taken too seriously.

superfurryhibby
13-08-2019, 06:53 AM
I suspect it was just a light hearted comment that’s been taken too seriously.

Yep, had me splitting my sides right enough, hilarious contribution.

bingo70
13-08-2019, 06:56 AM
Yep, had me splitting my sides right enough, hilarious contribution.

I don’t think light hearted comments are intended to be side splitting funny.

It wasn’t me who posted it so I’m not going to get too involved in defending it but there isn’t a need to take everything read on an Internet forum so seriously.

That’s not a dig at yourself by the way, just a general observation about how worked up people get when someone talks pish or says something they don’t like.

Greenworld
13-08-2019, 06:57 AM
Approx. £1 million was earmarked for David Gray and Darren McGregor for their 4 contracts. My figure is a guess based on £2,500 a week for 4 years.
Wonder if Hecky wanted this. i suspect he would have asked Hibs to offer them both rolling 1 year contracts if anything.
It seemed to be something Leanne was pushing (always a role for them at the club etc) before Hecky's arrival and the 4 year deals were closed before the end of last season.
It felt like it was done to appease the fans, and their legends trope, in the wake of the Lennon sacking.
Personally, I don't think teams the size of Hibs have sufficient funds to afford for sentiment with contracts.

I understand the players will both move into non playing roles at the club but is it money well spent if it takes away funds from our spends in other areas.
I think this will be Darren's last playing season and i am concerned that David's all action style will see him continue to be injured frequently to the extent he will have to retire in two season time at the age of 32. His style of play is unique and brutal on his body.

The new guys also appear to have been signed up on long Levein type contracts.
Given only Whittaker and Slivka's contracts finish at the end of this season will there be sufficient space in the squad for new players if we can't move other players on?
This is partly the reason i think we will bring in 3 loans, including Middleton, before the window closes this summer. These loans will allow for a little more wriggle room at the end of the season.

Tin hat on re the Gray and McGregor chat.I doubt it will be anything like that amount on 4 year contracts it was the strangest thing handing out these contracts almost as a thank you for winning the SC Darren in particular openly admits he is struggling and I don't know about David but seems to be getting lots of injuries . These guys must be going to get involved in the accademy in some way or other it can be the only answer.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

badabing67
13-08-2019, 08:49 AM
Strachan to replace specky? :cb

No way

Antifa Hibs
13-08-2019, 08:49 AM
They put in about £1.5m a year through Foundation of Hertz

And yet are absolutely *****. Dunno why Hertz is the model to follow.

Since452
13-08-2019, 08:59 AM
Hopefully Middleton coming in gives us a wee shot in the arm. Read earlier we've paid a six figure sum for the loan plus a wage contribution. Been fair splashing the cash just hope it all works out

Lago
13-08-2019, 09:42 AM
Hopefully Middleton coming in gives us a wee shot in the arm. Read earlier we've paid a six figure sum for the loan plus a wage contribution. Been fair splashing the cash just hope it all works out
Thought he was supposed to be in by now !

Lee Marvin
13-08-2019, 09:49 AM

I'd be astounded if this is true

Hibernian Verse
13-08-2019, 10:01 AM
I'd be astounded if this is trueIt was on a no mark website with no links to anything of substance...so of course it's now a Hibs.net fact

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

FilipinoHibs
13-08-2019, 10:01 AM
I'd be astounded if this is true

Normally the parent club pays the wages and the club he is loaned to pays a sum to partly compensate these wages. So say we agree to pay £2500 of his weekly wage and take him for 10 months, then we are due Rangers £108,00. This can be paid upfront or in installments. So maybe 50% upfront and the rest in 10 monthly installments. Overall I think we will be handing over approximately £100k to them.

Since452
13-08-2019, 10:03 AM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwj10J32vv_jAhVSzYUKHQlCC5sQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.footballinsider247.com%2Fhib s-to-pay-rangers-loan-fee-for-middleton%2F&psig=AOvVaw2dTF8eV-UK7E9H7md8I_H5&ust=1565773489365983

Maybe a load of bollocks

Shrekko
13-08-2019, 10:04 AM
No, you haven't understood. Just a fan sticking a boot into his club as its the norm and easy thing to do for attention.

Yup.

Some Hibees just have this undying love for the club that is a joy to behold.

Lee Marvin
13-08-2019, 10:04 AM
Normally the parent club pays the wages and the club he is loaned to pays a sum to partly compensate these wages. So say we agree to pay £2500 of his weekly wage and take him for 10 months, then we are due Rangers £108,00. This can be paid upfront or in installments. So maybe 50% upfront and the rest in 10 monthly installments. Overall I think we will be handing over approximately £100k to them.

Agree about weekly contribution but no way are we payong upfront fee on top of this.

FilipinoHibs
13-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Agree about weekly contribution but no way are we payong upfront fee on top of this.

The total will be six figures some of which will likely be an upfront fee. Rangers hold all the aces on this one and probably need the cash flow. £50k upfront and £5k a month for example.

Diclonius
13-08-2019, 10:12 AM
The total will be six figures some of which will likely be an upfront fee. Rangers hold all the aces on this one and probably need the cash flow. £50k upfront and £5k a month for example.

I imagine the figure is security for if they take the huff and try to recall him. Still, I'd rather we paid a fee for a player we can keep and not pay Rangers to develop one of their players.

CapitalGreen
13-08-2019, 11:13 AM

This post is factually incorrect in a number of instances.

FilipinoHibs
13-08-2019, 11:21 AM
This post is factually incorrect in a number of instances.

Okay can you explain where? This is how loan moves are generally structured. Is there going to something different about the Middletin one? Usually, in the loan the the loaning club can recall the loanee but must compensate the club who have been loaned. Say we agree to compensate Middleton to the tune of £2500 per week but Rangers call him back after 10 weeks because of injuries. We have paid Rangers £50k upfront but only got £25k of use (£2500 x 10). There will be a clause that Rangers have to return £25k to Hibs. I dont know the exact figures but what I have described is what would be reasonable subsidy of his weekly wake and how that subsidy is made to Rangers.

CapitalGreen
13-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Okay can you explain where? This is how loan moves are generally structured. Is there going to something different about the Middletin one? Usually, in the loan the the loaning club can recall the loanee but must compensate the club who have been loaned. Say we agree to compensate Middleton to the tune of £2500 per week but Rangers call him back after 10 weeks because of injuries. We have paid Rangers £50k upfront but only got £25k of use (£2500 x 10). There will be a clause that Rangers have to return £25k to Hibs. I dont know the exact figures but what I have described is what would be reasonable subsidy of his weekly wake and how that subsidy is made to Rangers.

I know how to do sums Rafa, however the figures you are using are not based in reality.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2019, 12:34 PM
Hearts complete signing of goalkeeper Joel Pereira from Manchester United (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjHx5eA7f_jAhUFuHEKHev_DkEQ0PADMAR6BAgCE A0&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scotsman.com%2Fsport%2Ffootb all%2Fhearts%2Fhearts-complete-signing-of-goalkeeper-joel-pereira-from-manchester-united-1-4982605&usg=AOvVaw37q-W9Ub-Sc5bLy2pBQhJ0)

Since452
13-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Hearts complete signing of goalkeeper Joel Pereira from Manchester United (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjHx5eA7f_jAhUFuHEKHev_DkEQ0PADMAR6BAgCE A0&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scotsman.com%2Fsport%2Ffootb all%2Fhearts%2Fhearts-complete-signing-of-goalkeeper-joel-pereira-from-manchester-united-1-4982605&usg=AOvVaw37q-W9Ub-Sc5bLy2pBQhJ0)

That special relationship with Man United paying dividends. Or was it Liverpool? Actually think it was Tottenham.

JimBHibees
13-08-2019, 12:41 PM

Hope he is poor like the other two keepers they have.

Crab apple
13-08-2019, 12:46 PM

I believe he is coming in to replace the Czech actress who will be departing soon.

stantonsboots
13-08-2019, 12:47 PM
Approx. £1 million was earmarked for David Gray and Darren McGregor for their 4 contracts. My figure is a guess based on £2,500 a week for 4 years.
Wonder if Hecky wanted this. i suspect he would have asked Hibs to offer them both rolling 1 year contracts if anything.
It seemed to be something Leanne was pushing (always a role for them at the club etc) before Hecky's arrival and the 4 year deals were closed before the end of last season.
It felt like it was done to appease the fans, and their legends trope, in the wake of the Lennon sacking.
Personally, I don't think teams the size of Hibs have sufficient funds to afford for sentiment with contracts.

I understand the players will both move into non playing roles at the club but is it money well spent if it takes away funds from our spends in other areas.
I think this will be Darren's last playing season and i am concerned that David's all action style will see him continue to be injured frequently to the extent he will have to retire in two season time at the age of 32. His style of play is unique and brutal on his body.

The new guys also appear to have been signed up on long Levein type contracts.
Given only Whittaker and Slivka's contracts finish at the end of this season will there be sufficient space in the squad for new players if we can't move other players on?
This is partly the reason i think we will bring in 3 loans, including Middleton, before the window closes this summer. These loans will allow for a little more wriggle room at the end of the season.

Tin hat on re the Gray and McGregor chat.so that comes to £250,000,annually, as budgets are done annually!

Heisenberg
13-08-2019, 12:53 PM
Hearts chucking money at their problem positions. Going by Leveins record they’ll probably be pish, but they are trying.

Meanwhile we’re done in the transfer market and have no one in midfield with any sort of defensive capability. If we stay as we are, particularly in central midfield, it’s going to be a ridiculously long season.

Billy Whizz
13-08-2019, 12:54 PM

That’s them got 3 goalies for the 1st team

B.H.F.C
13-08-2019, 01:00 PM
Hearts chucking money at their problem positions. Going by Leveins record they’ll probably be pish, but they are trying.

Meanwhile we’re done in the transfer market and have no one in midfield with any sort of defensive capability. If we stay as we are, particularly in central midfield, it’s going to be a ridiculously long season.

That’s my take. I can’t figure out how anybody at the club can think what we have is sufficient. And if it’s the case that they’ve just run out of money then that’s even more of a concern, particularly as Farmer was telling us how good the accounts will look when the takeover happened.

Leitherhibs

No, he’s a really good keeper from what I’ve seen of him, expected he’d be playing at a higher level tbh.

Speedway
Middleton announced.

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2019, 01:01 PM

It's not going to be any longer than any other season, we'll just be an average side that wins a few, loses a few.

Gmack7
13-08-2019, 01:04 PM

A yogi goal keeping school, he was right all along

calumhibee1
13-08-2019, 01:17 PM

That’s yet another superb signing for Hearts. :agree:

Saw a lot of him last season and I’m surprised he’s not been snapped up by a bottom half EPL team/Championship team.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2019, 01:29 PM

Saw a lot of him last season and I’m surprised he’s not been snapped up by a bottom half EPL team/Championship team.

:tee hee: :slipper:

SaulGoodman
13-08-2019, 01:31 PM

:agree: watched him in every game he played last season. Another signing much better than ours.

04Sauzee
13-08-2019, 01:33 PM
:agree: watched him in every game he played last season. Another signing much better than ours.

Much better than Marciano? Or much better than Maxwell

California-Hibs
13-08-2019, 01:35 PM

Am I missing something? What team did you see him play for because I can't find much on the guy?

Lee Marvin
13-08-2019, 01:35 PM

In Belgium and Portugal?

Heisenberg
13-08-2019, 01:36 PM

For all the arguments about trolling, the above is a fine example of what it actually looks like 😂

SaulGoodman
13-08-2019, 01:37 PM
In Belgium and Portugal?

Yes my Dads Belgian and my Mums Portuguese. I actually watched a lot of De Bruyne and Ronaldo when they were younger so you could say I’ve got an eye for a player.

Lee Marvin
13-08-2019, 01:39 PM
Yes my Dads Belgian and my Mums Portuguese. I actually watched a lot of De Bruyne and Ronaldo when they were younger so you could say I’ve got an eye for a player.

First time for me, this one...

Smartie
13-08-2019, 01:41 PM

Where was he last season?

Allant1981
13-08-2019, 01:42 PM
Were was he last season?

Think he played about 9 times for a Portuguese team

brog
13-08-2019, 01:42 PM
In Belgium and Portugal?

It's so called perverse humour again. I need a lie down to recover!

SaulGoodman
13-08-2019, 01:52 PM
It's so called perverse humour again. I need a lie down to recover!

I’m glad you found it so funny

Ronniekirk
13-08-2019, 01:55 PM

One is mince so assume they have agreed that they need to act now and bring in another one
If they keep doing this right up to Transfer Window closing they may end up with a team eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
13-08-2019, 02:16 PM
Think he played about 9 times for a Portuguese team

He is 23 and has played 24 senior matches ever including 6 for those giants of football, Rochdale

Heckys Wheel
13-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Colback? Are folk being serious? We couldn't afford his wages.

A poster mentioned something about ginger hair. Who else could it be???

Hibeesmad
13-08-2019, 02:19 PM

Zlamal heading back to his home country apparently

Heisenberg
13-08-2019, 02:24 PM
Zlamal heading back to his home country apparently

Most likely going to blame his treatment from the Hibs fans as his reason for going back home. Absolute guarantee there will be an EEN story about the “punch” one more time when he leaves.

Diclonius
13-08-2019, 02:25 PM
Defensive midfielder ASAP please.

Hibeesmad
13-08-2019, 02:25 PM
Most likely going to blame his treatment from the Hibs fans as his reason for going back home. Absolute guarantee there will be an EEN story about the “punch” one more time when he leaves.

It’s probably saved in their drafts ready to be published

GreenCastle
13-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Hearts have signed Pereira (GK) and seems like Glenn Whelan is pretty much completed also.

Reports also saying they are trying to get Ryotaro Meshino from Man City - attacking midfielder.

CMurdoch
13-08-2019, 03:23 PM
so that comes to £250,000,annually, as budgets are done annually!

The point i was making is that such sentiment is expensive, in this case £250k approx per season for 4 seasons.
Almost every day on Hibs.net someone is asking "what happened to all the money we got for John McGinn, the season tickets etc.
"Why didn't we buy Omeonga and McNulty" blah blah blah.

Many of the same folk want to give David Gray and Darren McGregor contracts for life because they are legends etc.
They don't seem to make the real connection between the cost of player contracts and the club finances.
I suspect wages paid by the club are currently at record levels and will continue to rise.

Josh Vela, Scott Allan etc will be doing a great job of shifting season ticket, McGinn money into their bank accounts for the duration of their contracts.
Nothing wrong with that but folk have to understand the clubs finances are not "a horn of plenty" that we can use over and over to buy and pay any players we want.
A football club is a money eating monster that will eat up everything you give it but it will never ever be enough.

This morning Middleton signed. He will cost us in the region of £125k this season. IMO Worth it and money well spent but not free.
All those supporters that get upset at the young players like Shaw, Murray and Mackie (i got very upset at Mackie on Saturday). Remember these guys are each only costing us £50k a year (total guess) which enables us to spend more on senior players whilst fulfilling a squad roll at the club.

We should give the manager, LD and the recruitment team a break. They are trying to bring in the best players they can given the financial constraints we operate under.
FWIW i think they will bring in another 2 quality loan signings into the club in the next 2 and a bit weeks.

Saturday was a nightmare, but in reality it was only 3 points. There are another 108 points to fight for before the season is assessed as a success or a failure.
Enjoy the ride!

California-Hibs
13-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Hearts have signed Pereira (GK) and seems like Glenn Whelan is pretty much completed also.

Reports also saying they are trying to get Ryotaro Meshino from Man City - attacking midfielder.

Whelan will unfortunately be a great signing for them if they do indeed get him.

calumhibee1
13-08-2019, 03:33 PM
Whelan will unfortunately be a great signing for them if they do indeed get him.

Not sure about that. At his age I reckon he'll get over run in midfield up here, much the same as every other mid to late 30s centre mid that comes up.

mcfly
13-08-2019, 03:35 PM
The point i was making is that such sentiment is expensive, in this case £250k approx per season for 4 seasons.
Almost every day on Hibs.net someone is asking "what happened to all the money we got for John McGinn, the season tickets etc.

Many of the same folk want to give David Gray and Darren McGregor contracts for life because they are legends etc.
They don't seem to make the real connection between the cost of player contracts and the club finances.
I suspect wages paid by the club are currently at record levels and will continue to rise.

Josh Vela, Scott Allan etc will be doing a great job of shifting season ticket, McGinn money into their bank accounts for the duration of their contracts.
Nothing wrong with that but folk have to understand the clubs finances are not "a horn of plenty" that we can use over and over to buy and pay any players we want.
A football club is a money eating monster that will eat up everything you give it but it will never ever be enough.

This morning Middleton signed. He will cost us in the region of £125k this season. IMO Worth it and money well spent but not free.
All those supporters that get upset at the young players like Shaw, Murray and Mackie (i got very upset at Mackie on Saturday). Remember these guys are each only costing us £50k a year (total guess) which enables us to spend more on senior players whilst fulfilling a squad roll at the club.

We should give the manager, LD and the recruitment team a break. They are trying to bring in the best players they can given the financial constraints we operate under.
FWIW i think they will bring in another 2 quality loan signings into the club in the next 2 and a bit weeks.

Saturday was a nightmare, but in reality it was only 3 points. There are another 108 points to fight for before the season is assessed as a success or a failure.
Enjoy the ride!

Why give him a break?? His style of football is dull and boring.

His signings so far lack effort. Skill and ability.

Sorry it’s his team - he takes the blame.

Tell when did you last leave Easter road under heckingbottom saying wow that was a great performance today?

HoboHarry
13-08-2019, 03:45 PM

Enjoy the ride!
Where did this 125k figure come from?

CMurdoch
13-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Where did this 125k figure come from?

Just a guess. Just enforcing the point that everything a football club does costs money.
Some folk seem to think the club keep all the money they bring in and only have to spend it if they are paying a transfer fee.
Hence the frequent what happened to all the money questions from some supporters every time we lose.

Tarrahib
13-08-2019, 04:26 PM

Enjoy the ride!
Saturday was a nightmare?
Sunday was worse.

Unseen work
13-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Middleton now confirmed.

Just under 3 weeks of the window left. Who next?

Centre mid and striker needed.

Torto7
13-08-2019, 04:30 PM

Tell when did you last leave Easter road under heckingbottom saying wow that was a great performance today?

Agreed.

CMurdoch
13-08-2019, 04:48 PM

Your 4 comments:

I agree his football style is functional rather than exciting. The functional aspect was how he managed to get the crumbling mess he inherited from Lennon to beat all the teams in the bottom 6. However, after the split even functionality wasn't enough.

His signings so far; how do they lack effort? how do you know they lack effort. I agree they have not hit the ground running and they have shown us very little so far. However, we are 2 games into a 38 game season so I am not keen to make an erse of myself by saying they all lack ability. I will assess them after the 1st round of matches.

I agree this seasons team is Heckingbottom's and he will carry the can if the team is poor and not worth the cost the club to put together.
As per his signings I will reasses the manager after the 1st round of matches.

Re Wow Great Performance, the last time at Hibs was matches during the 2nd half of the 2017/18 season. That was the zenith and death of that team with all the diamonds shipped out. Last season was pretty dull
When Heckingbottom came in last season his task was to stop the Hibs plane from plummeting into the ground then win, win and win again to get us into the top 6. He accomplished that. This season I have attended the Alloa, Arbroath and St Mirren games and enjoyed the Arbroath was the most enjoyable. Alloa was guff and the St Mirren game functional. I suspect we will be functional under Heckingbottom with zero risk of finishing outside the top 6 but I don't think it will be wow as you would like.
If you want wow you will probably have to follow the hordes to Ibrox or Parkhead.

JimBHibees
13-08-2019, 04:53 PM

Think he will also. kind of what we need..

brog
13-08-2019, 04:58 PM

I disagree. I've seen a fair bit of him in last few seasons & he's very 1 dimensional & a slow 1 dimensional at that. He'll be employed to try & win the ball then knock it backwards for Berra to Hooooooooof!! I can see merit in most of their signings this summer, even the guys I hadn't heard of, but I'm really totally ok with this one.

stantonsboots
13-08-2019, 05:07 PM

Enjoy the ride!I agree totally with every word you say . I run my own business and its true people only see me and my 3 staff and think because my shop is busy I must be minted
because I only have 3 wages to pay , but what about tax, vat, electric , stationery , uniforms , transportation , maintenance , e.t.c.
the things you don't see?
A football club is exactly the same only a thousand times bigger, that is why the manager is given a budget for the playing side , just like the office manager will have a budget , the maintenance manager e.t.c
but as regards Macgregor and Gray i'm hoping that is a good investment for the future as they are both born leaders. Only time will tell I suppose?

The_Horde
13-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Middleton now confirmed.

Just under 3 weeks of the window left. Who next?

Centre mid and striker needed.

We're trying to offload a couple first. Shaw and another. Unsure whether Shaw would be permanently or on loan.

Jones28
13-08-2019, 05:12 PM
We're trying to offload a couple first. Shaw and another. Unsure whether Shaw would be permanently or on loan.

If Shaw is leaving I’d be thinking 2 strikers and a midfielder.

Hakim Sar
13-08-2019, 05:12 PM
I've watched a lot of Glen Whelan over the years and particularly enjoyed his stint at Leeds United. Oh wait... That was Noel Whelan.

I'm not going to get upset at Hearts signing a has been that will be 36 before the season ends.

Also... Strong rumours circulating that Hearts are in for Tony Dorigo. And Mardy Fish. He's a tennis player.

Fitbaw folk ken whits really happenin'

Unseen work
13-08-2019, 05:13 PM

You know who the other is? We’ve very limited options with who could actually move on imo

. Shaw? Whittikar? Slivka? Hanlon?

Those are the only players who could potentially leave imo. Based on contracts, other options etc. Don’t think we’re in a position to let any go however. Already had 11 players leave this summer!

Borderhibbie76
13-08-2019, 05:23 PM
We're trying to offload a couple first. Shaw and another. Unsure whether Shaw would be permanently or on loan.That's interesting...so at least it's good to hear moves are afoot to improve the squad?? Wonder who the other is??

Torto7
13-08-2019, 05:40 PM
I agree totally with every word you say . I run my own business and its true people only see me and my 3 staff and think because my shop is busy I must be minted
because I only have 3 wages to pay , but what about tax, vat, electric , stationery , uniforms , transportation , maintenance , e.t.c.
the things you don't see?
A football club is exactly the same only a thousand times bigger, that is why the manager is given a budget for the playing side , just like the office manager will have a budget , the maintenance manager e.t.c
but as regards Macgregor and Gray i'm hoping that is a good investment for the future as they are both born leaders. Only time will tell I suppose?

We all understand that the manager gets a set budget it's what that budget is that's the sticking point.

If he's at last seasons levels of expenditure already with this squad then he's made an utter pigs ear of it.

I look at who left last season, the McGinn money(which we've seen precious little evidence of it being any good on the pitch thus far) plus the clause bonus for Villas promotion as well as our healthy crowds and what we've spent during this window doesn't match what I and a lot of others would expect.

If we're looking for bargains and then those supposed bargains end up costing an arm and a leg then it's not a bargain anymore. The lower leagues in England are full of far more overpaid huddies than hidden gems.

Maybe Ron Gordon could spend some money on scouts overseas. The level below MLS in the states maybe? The Belgium league brings in players galore from Africa, the Huns got Freddo from Finland. It just seems lazy and and overly crowded looking at players in league 1 etc.

7heaven
13-08-2019, 05:50 PM
It's obvious to every Hibs supporter that we need a defensive midfielder. What about David Gray for this position.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2019, 05:52 PM
It's obvious to every Hibs supporter that we need a defensive midfielder. What about David Gray for this position.

He's a crock, how many games will he get when having to tackle more in the middle of the park?

Smartie
13-08-2019, 05:57 PM
We all understand that the manager gets a set budget it's what that budget is that's the sticking point.

If he's at last seasons levels of expenditure already with this squad then he's made an utter pigs ear of it.

I look at who left last season, the McGinn money(which we've seen precious little evidence of it being any good on the pitch thus far) plus the clause bonus for Villas promotion as well as our healthy crowds and what we've spent during this window doesn't match what I and a lot of others would expect.

If we're looking for bargains and then those supposed bargains end up costing an arm and a leg then it's not a bargain anymore. The lower leagues in England are full of far more overpaid huddies than hidden gems.

Maybe Ron Gordon could spend some money on scouts overseas. The level below MLS in the states maybe? The Belgium league brings in players galore from Africa, the Huns got Freddo from Finland. It just seems lazy and and overly crowded looking at players in league 1 etc.

We didn't go bust when we had crowds of 8 or 9 thousand whilst playing in the Championship and signing an entire team - and some very , very good players at that.

There should be significantly more money sloshing around now. Maybe not the amount of money that allows us to go head to head with Rangers and Celtic for players but a budget that allows you to have a central midfield and a bit of cover.

If our budget is spent then it is either far too small or it has been mis-spent on rubbish.

Jones28
13-08-2019, 06:00 PM

Full blooded and heart of a lion but he’s not a good enough ball player for me.

hibbyfraelibby
13-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Over a million a year for 6 or 7 years now. What would you call it?

Badly spent...look what they got for their money

1. Finishing behind us with a fraction of the money twice
2. An £18m & counting unfinished embarassing monument to ego
3. Cathro
4. Eye bleeding hoofball
5. Harry Potter and the Tactics of Gloom

B.H.F.C
13-08-2019, 06:03 PM
We didn't go bust when we had crowds of 8 or 9 thousand whilst playing in the Championship and signing an entire team - and some very , very good players at that.

There should be significantly more money sloshing around now. Maybe not the amount of money that allows us to go head to head with Rangers and Celtic for players but a budget that allows you to have a central midfield and a bit of cover.

If our budget is spent then it is either far too small or it has been mis-spent on rubbish.

Remember Farmer mentioned when the takeover happened that the financial results will be very impressive when they’re out later this year.

I hope we’re not getting back to the days of success being measured by a balance sheet.

HAZ2000
13-08-2019, 06:06 PM
Wilfred Bony training with Newport in League 2. Currently a free agent

Nicho87
13-08-2019, 06:09 PM
Surely a journalist has asked hecky an update on his current morale with the squad since Sunday.

clearly light and not good enough in midfield and up front

Borderhibbie76
13-08-2019, 06:28 PM
He's a crock, how many games will he get when having to tackle more in the middle of the park?How utterly disrespectful...what a ridiculous post about a Club legend. I despair at this place sometimes

Torto7
13-08-2019, 06:34 PM
How utterly disrespectful...what a ridiculous post about a Club legend. I despair at this place sometimes

He's not wrong though. If David Gray wasn't injury prone he'd be at a higher level and that beautiful day might not have happened. If he played in midfield against some of the hatchetmen in the league his appearances would be even less.

Inconsequential
13-08-2019, 06:37 PM
It's obvious to every Hibs supporter that we need a defensive midfielder. What about David Gray for this position. It is indeed obvious we need a defensive midfielder and I was just thinking about this last night. Not David Gray but perhaps Paul Hanlon? Iirc correctly he was a midfielder originally or certainly wasn't a centre-half. Milligan was a centre-half but played midfield and Paul's long range passing is quite good and he is struggling a bit at the back at the moment. Central defence would be Porteous when fit and Jackson/ McGregor. Just a suggestion folks!

Unseen work
13-08-2019, 06:40 PM
What’s the obsession on here of converting our defenders to defensive mids? Hanlon, Jackson, Ambrose and now Gray have all been mentioned.

Can we not just buy one?

Torto7
13-08-2019, 06:41 PM
It is indeed obvious we need a defensive midfielder and I was just thinking about this last night. Not David Gray but perhaps Paul Hanlon? Iirc correctly he was a midfielder originally or certainly wasn't a centre-half. Milligan was a centre-half but played midfield and Paul's long range passing is quite good and he is struggling a bit at the back at the moment. Central defence would be Porteous when fit and Jackson/ McGregor. Just a suggestion folks!

Hanlon gets his feet tied up at centre half, in midfield he'd be closed down even quicker. His passing is good enough though. Jackson apparently has played DM. As has Tom James. I also wouldn't be against Lewis moving back to midfield at some point if we had the right cover at LB.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2019, 06:42 PM
How utterly disrespectful...what a ridiculous post about a Club legend. I despair at this place sometimes

His post is spot on. Gray is past it when it comes to flying into tackles, he barely gets away with being a right back just now. We'd be forking out on bandages if he was deployed as a DM, plus nippy players would run rings round him.

SMAXXA
13-08-2019, 06:43 PM
What’s the obsession on here of converting our defenders to defensive mids? Hanlon, Jackson, Ambrose and now Gray have all been mentioned.

Can we not just buy one?

What’s the obsession with DM in general on here, it is possible to have disciplined players and I’m sure that’s what vela has been signed for, wether he is what we need remains to be seen but I think he will do well for us.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Folk were going mental last season when we had this so called unbalanced team, now we want an unbalanced team when we've signed all our players early but obviously we can see they are mostly humpty so we need to start shoe horning players into positions they dont normally play.

I even read we should sign efe again if possible, as players like him dont often come available and we should sign him even though we are short everywhere else, and would obviously leave us still short having spent money on him which would leave us once again with an unbalanced squad.

You cannae make some of this sheite up. :faf:

bingo70
13-08-2019, 06:51 PM
Folk were going mental last season when we had this so called unbalanced team, now we want an unbalanced team when we've signed all our players early but obviously we can see they are mostly humpty so we need to start shoe horning players into positions they dont normally play.

I even read we should sign efe again if possible, as players like him dont often come available and we should sign him even though we are short everywhere else, and would obviously leave us still short having spent money on him which would leave us once again with an unbalanced squad.

People on an Internet forum talking *****? Surely no, whatever next? 😉

I’m sure you must have been guilty of that once or twice BH?

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2019, 06:55 PM
People on an Internet forum talking *****? Surely no, whatever next? 😉

I’m sure you must have been guilty of that once or twice BH?

:greengrin aye maybe the odd time or two.

Centre Hawf
13-08-2019, 07:04 PM
Wilfred Bony training with Newport in League 2. Currently a free agent

That shipped sailed last summer when we turned down an option to loan him.

jeffers
13-08-2019, 07:12 PM

Can we not just buy one?

Pretty sure everyone suggesting it (I include myself) have done so because our current midfield is weak, can't tackle and will be left wanting against the better sides. I'd prefer we sign a genuine midfielder but our manager has twice stated the budget has been spent. therefore the alternative is to put a defender in that role.

Speedway
13-08-2019, 07:37 PM
Personally, I think our budget should be bigger than teams who have smaller budgets than ours.

Green Reaper
13-08-2019, 07:56 PM
And teams with a smaller budget than us should have less of a budget to spend than we do

Iggy Pope
13-08-2019, 08:11 PM

And yer Uncles a Crab. Boring, sideways, stinks of fish.

Iggy Pope
13-08-2019, 08:18 PM

You made a great deal of that ***** up didn’t you?

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2019, 08:19 PM
You made a great deal of that ***** up didn’t you?

Nope, none whatsoever.

ahibby
13-08-2019, 09:29 PM
Personally, I think our budget should be bigger than teams who have smaller budgets than ours.

What makes u think that?

The 90+2
13-08-2019, 09:58 PM
City sending some Japanese superstar up to Gorgie.

04Sauzee
13-08-2019, 10:19 PM
City sending some Japanese superstar up to Gorgie.

If its Itakura I think they hand linked themselves with this boy before. No idea if he's any good?

Bizarrely Levein said they would only sign around 4 players this window. Can't remember all their signings but think it's

GK on loan from Man utd
Halket
Naismith
Washington
Boy from Cardiff
Walker
This guy from Man City if he comes in.

Not sure if I missed anyone but that's another busy window and I wouldn't say it's come cheap

jeffers
13-08-2019, 10:32 PM
If its Itakura I think they hand linked themselves with this boy before. No idea if he's any good?

Bizarrely Levein said they would only sign around 4 players this window. Can't remember all their signings but think it's

GK on loan from Man utd
Halket
Naismith
Washington
Boy from Cardiff
Walker
This guy from Man City if he comes in.

Not sure if I missed anyone but that's another busy window and I wouldn't say it's come cheap

They also had someone at left back on Saturday I didn't recognise and looked too old to be one of their youngsters.

The_Horde
13-08-2019, 10:35 PM
They also had someone at left back on Saturday I didn't recognise and looked too old to be one of their youngsters.

Signed him last year and he got a horrid injury before he'd even kicked a ball.

04Sauzee
13-08-2019, 10:35 PM

Think he signed in January but they signed him knowing he was injured and it would be a while before he could play.

Remember they burst their budget lase season signing Clare

jeffers
13-08-2019, 10:47 PM
Think he signed in January but they signed him knowing he was injured and it would be a while before he could play.

Remember they burst their budget lase season signing Clare

Cheers. Aidy White, just googled him, they did indeed sign him months ago knowing he was recovering from injury.

JackHibs
13-08-2019, 10:53 PM
'Nottingham Forrest boss Sabri Lamouchi aims to cut former Hibs striker Jason Cummings from his squad, with a return to Scotland possible for the 24-year-old. (Sun) (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4595339/jason-cummings-nottingham-forest-transfer-news/) '

I know its the Sun but regardless surely we should be in for Cummings, he knows what its about up here and is the kind of character that doesn't go a miss in the dressing room.

Played his best football at Hibs and with Scotty behind him feeding him, could bag plenty.

California-Hibs
13-08-2019, 11:18 PM
'Nottingham Forrest boss Sabri Lamouchi aims to cut former Hibs striker Jason Cummings from his squad, with a return to Scotland possible for the 24-year-old. (Sun) (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4595339/jason-cummings-nottingham-forest-transfer-news/) '

I know its the Sun but regardless surely we should be in for Cummings, he knows what its about up here and is the kind of character that doesn't go a miss in the dressing room.

Played his best football at Hibs and with Scotty behind him feeding him, could bag plenty.

I'd take him back no problem. Would make sense for him to come in on say a 2 year deal and reestablish himself.

jeffers
13-08-2019, 11:25 PM
I'd take him back no problem. Would make sense for him to come in on say a 2 year deal and reestablish himself.

A big yes for me, but he's another who isn't suited to the lone striker role so would require a major rethink by Heckingbottom on his preferred formation.

Unseen work
13-08-2019, 11:32 PM
If available and for a good fee we should 100% bring Cummings back.

Has the swagger to play for hibs and relishes the big games, he wouldn’t go to places and feel nervous or shrink.

He would be a good addition and we would know what we’re getting. His finishing is a bit underrated imo with him scoring some absolute belters for us.

SteveHFC
13-08-2019, 11:50 PM

Get him back. Would be a better option upfront than Doidge for sure.

FilipinoHibs
14-08-2019, 12:08 AM
Get him back. Would be a better option upfront than Doidge for sure.

A chance taker. Bring him back.

Borderhibbie76
14-08-2019, 06:29 AM
Love to see Cummings back.. the kind of character this squad is crying out for imo

Brightside
14-08-2019, 07:27 AM
Sadiki going to Morton on loan.

Blaster
14-08-2019, 07:30 AM

I wonder if the Morton fans will be ragin about developing a player for us?

Onceinawhile
14-08-2019, 07:31 AM

Will we wait until Monday next week to announce it?

04Sauzee
14-08-2019, 07:32 AM

This is a great move for him at a very good level. This could potentially decide his Hibs future. Maybe I'm being a bit over dramatic but he will be biting that age soon where he would need to be in or around the 1st team.

Blaster
14-08-2019, 07:37 AM
Will we wait until Monday next week to announce it?

Yes. Or maybe Tuesday.

Since452
14-08-2019, 07:39 AM

Probably not. They play in a different league

MacGruber
14-08-2019, 07:40 AM
Would take Cummings and Birdcutt

MacGruber
14-08-2019, 07:52 AM
Would take Cummings and Birdcutt

& or O'Hara

Bob Box Fish
14-08-2019, 08:10 AM
Going back for Cummings reeks of desperation.

Hibbyradge
14-08-2019, 08:10 AM
Remember Farmer mentioned when the takeover happened that the financial results will be very impressive when they’re out later this year.

I hope we’re not getting back to the days of success being measured by a balance sheet.

When was it measured like that?

Diclonius
14-08-2019, 08:23 AM

Going back for Cummings reeks of goals against Hearts.

Heisenberg
14-08-2019, 08:30 AM
Going back for Cummings reeks of goals against Hearts.

Absolutely this. Sign. Him. Up.

we are hibs
14-08-2019, 08:32 AM

Its almost as if they arent in the same division as us.

Diclonius
14-08-2019, 08:32 AM
A front two of Kamberi and Cummings would be amazing. Ditch this front three stuff and Vela/Allan might work in midfield.

Smartie
14-08-2019, 08:36 AM
One of the problems I think we have is that PH never plays three at the back. That means to play 2 up front he'd either have to go with a traditional 442 or a diamond and have the problems associated with those formations.

There seem to be a lot of strikers who can only play in a 2 but not many teams who actually play 2 up front.

Brightside
14-08-2019, 08:42 AM
A front two of Kamberi and Cummings would be amazing. Ditch this front three stuff and Vela/Allan might work in midfield.

Cummings has been brutal since he left us. People are just hoping he would be decent IF we went in for him. I don’t think we will. A DM then put the purse away.

Hibernian32
14-08-2019, 08:44 AM
What happened to the Colback rumours?

bingo70
14-08-2019, 08:45 AM
Cummings has been brutal since he left us. People are just hoping he would be decent IF we went in for him. I don’t think we will. A DM then put the purse away.

Still think we need another forward, preferably a quick one.

Right now we’ve only got one forward I think we can put any faith in, Kamberi, even then he’s not exactly been in top form over the last year.

Alex Trager
14-08-2019, 08:46 AM

A DM and a striker needed at the least IMO.

Diclonius
14-08-2019, 08:46 AM

Allan was brutal since he left us, was amazing when he came back, and then returned to being brutal.

Some clubs are just good fits for players. Cummings and a DM would get us challenging for Europe.

The_Horde
14-08-2019, 08:49 AM

And the Cattermole ones?

Jones28
14-08-2019, 08:51 AM

And goals. I’ll take his goals.

brog
14-08-2019, 08:55 AM
They weren't even rumours. Just 1 poster making a 'ginge' comment which was misunderstood & then became speculation on here. Classic Hibs Net, the only thing missing was his availability for £150k.

Billy Whizz
14-08-2019, 08:58 AM

That’s a good move for the lad. Any Hibs players who are of his age, Hibs need to be sending to the level of the Championship

Hibbyradge
14-08-2019, 09:14 AM
Its almost as if they arent in the same division as us.

That wasn't the point though.

People just didn't want to develop Middleton for Sevco, regardless of what league we're in.

MWHIBBIES
14-08-2019, 10:30 AM

Same as going back for Stokes? or Murray? Or Thompson? Or Riordan?

All of those guys added something, so would Jason.

jeffers
14-08-2019, 10:48 AM

Add to those names the best player we have in our current squad.

Bring back Cummings !

flash
14-08-2019, 12:24 PM

To be fair most of them were pretty desperate too.

Zazu62
14-08-2019, 02:31 PM
Whelan signing for hearts

Onceinawhile
14-08-2019, 02:41 PM
Whelan signing for hearts

Think he's either likely to be quality or too slow for the pace of the game. Fingers crossed its the latter.

erin go bragh
14-08-2019, 02:46 PM

They would if we were St Mirren 😉

erin go bragh
14-08-2019, 02:49 PM
Still think we need another forward, preferably a quick one.

Right now we’ve only got one forward I think we can put any faith in, Kamberi, even then he’s not exactly been in top form over the last year.

A lot of single fish . Poster mentions a ginger signing ( which was Vella ) and people started throwing ginger names about .
Edit : Don’t know why I quoted you that , was ment for someone else .

Jim44
14-08-2019, 02:58 PM
Think he's either likely to be quality or too slow for the pace of the game. Fingers crossed its the latter.

Could be a Levein masterstroke or something they’ll regret by Christmas. He played quite a few games for AV last season so his legs must be ok. He must be taking a fair drop in wages.

Callum_62
14-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Hearts sign Glen Whelen on 1 year deal

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
14-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Could be a Levein masterstroke or something they’ll regret by Christmas. He played quite a few games for AV last season so his legs must be ok. He must be taking a fair drop in wages.

Kuqi had played quite a few games in the season before joining us.

MacGruber
14-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Hearts sign Glen Whelen on 1 year deal

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

They know they aren't good enough with problem positions so they sign players to put it right - it won't catch on

MagicSwirlingShip
14-08-2019, 03:10 PM
Cummings and Hibs are made for each other the same way Hibs and Scotty Allan are made for each other.

Come to think of it, Jason Cummings and Scotty Allan are made for each other.

Get him up the road

Halmyre Hibee
14-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Cummings and Hibs are made for each other the same way Hibs and Scotty Allan are made for each other.

Come to think of it, Jason Cummings and Scotty Allan are made for each other.

Get him up the road

We better hurry up otherwise he’ll end up at Hearts.

Paloschi
14-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Bring in Cummings, Colback and Cattermole immediately

MagicSwirlingShip
14-08-2019, 03:15 PM

Hearts style of football doesn’t match his hair styling ambitions. Cant see it

we are hibs
14-08-2019, 03:18 PM
Anyone itk want to give us any kind of hope that we arent done? Surely we cannot be finished our business. We are still lacking in numerous positions and i dont buy into this "building over several windows" if it means the current squad isnt strong enough.

Captain Trips
14-08-2019, 03:22 PM
Anyone itk want to give us any kind of hope that we arent done? Surely we cannot be finished our business. We are still lacking in numerous positions and i dont buy into this "building over several windows" if it means the current squad isnt strong enough.

Players are not here long enough to build over several windows you almost need a finished article at the start of each season. I am though concerned about our squad just now so I do hope we have 1 or 2 irons in fire

HoboHarry
14-08-2019, 03:24 PM
I never saw a quote where he said we were done. He added the caveat about unless something coming up which it already has with the Middleton signing. Anyone who thinks he hasn't taken a fresh look at going back to the transfer market after this past weekend isn't looking or thinking. Another unknown is who will leave freeing up wages and giving us leeway to bring in more players.

Callum_62
14-08-2019, 03:25 PM
we surely need a Defensive midfielder and another striker at a minimum

The 90+2
14-08-2019, 03:26 PM
So much for Potter giving the youngsters a chance. That’s another 49 signed this summer.

B.H.F.C
14-08-2019, 03:27 PM
I know managers have a reputation for talking nonsense. But I genuinely don’t think we’re actively looking to add anybody else which is a big, big concern.

MacGruber
14-08-2019, 03:28 PM

We shipped out 11 including most likely out highest earner in Milligan. We sold a very healthy amount of season tickets. We then had major investment to the tune of 7 figures.
How can we be burst and leaving ourselves short by only bringing in 7!?

We cant be done

we are hibs
14-08-2019, 03:29 PM
I never saw a quote where he said we were done. He added the caveat about unless something coming up which it already has with the Middleton signing. Anyone who thinks he hasn't taken a fresh look at going back to the transfer market after this past weekend isn't looking or thinking. Another unknown is who will leave freeing up wages and giving us leeway to bring in more players.

Middleton was brought in as a direct replacement for Boyle and weve been hearing about waiting on players leaving all summer and still nothing has happened with less than 3 weeks until the window shuts

Sean1875
14-08-2019, 03:30 PM

Hearts don't want him.

Diclonius
14-08-2019, 03:30 PM
I know managers have a reputation for talking nonsense. But I genuinely don’t think we’re actively looking to add anybody else which is a big, big concern.

Then either the manager is incompetent or we're quite happy to be bottom six. Honestly, I'd prefer the former.

Heisenberg
14-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Heckingbottom said last week that our financial situation hasn’t changed so we aren’t looking to sign anyone else. Points towards us waiting for folk to leave as we’ve used up all our budget. Vela must’ve been extremely expensive.

Diclonius
14-08-2019, 03:34 PM
Hearts now have four defensive midfielders.

Sean1875
14-08-2019, 03:36 PM

Wonder if we'll enquire about a loan deal for one :devil:

Diclonius
14-08-2019, 03:37 PM
Wonder if we'll enquire about a loan deal for one :devil:

I was going to make the same joke, but thought better of it. :greengrin

HoboHarry
14-08-2019, 03:48 PM
Middleton was brought in as a direct replacement for Boyle and weve been hearing about waiting on players leaving all summer and still nothing has happened with less than 3 weeks until the window shuts
I understand that but that's not really the point I was making. He said unless something happens, not specifically or limited to a player being injured. Something happens could mean anything, including a player becoming available that he would like and we can afford. I'm completely confident that we are not finished in the transfer market.

ThatDayInMay
14-08-2019, 03:52 PM
Heckingbottom said last week that our financial situation hasn’t changed so we aren’t looking to sign anyone else. Points towards us waiting for folk to leave as we’ve used up all our budget. Vela must’ve been extremely expensive.

Pretty much ‘nail on the head’ stuff here.

st3vie
14-08-2019, 04:01 PM

They must be running at a loss and have an extremely large wage bill, how do they afford it?????

MagicSwirlingShip
14-08-2019, 04:06 PM

Wonder who he’s looking to ship out then?

Since452
14-08-2019, 04:11 PM
The more players Levein signs for Hearts the more of a warm fuzzy feeling i get inside.

GreenCastle
14-08-2019, 04:11 PM
Can anyone confirm the list below is right?

We have signed...

Confirmed in (8):

Scott Allan, three year contract (midfielder, Celtic)
Christian Doidge, three year contract (striker, Forest Green)
Adam Jackson, two year contract (defender, Barnsley)
Tom James, three year contract (defender, Yeovil)
Chris Maxwell, one year loan (goalkeeper, Preston)
Glenn Middleton, one year loan (midfielder, Rangers)
Joe Newell, two year contract (midfielder, Rotherham)
Josh Vela, three year contract (midfielder, Bolton)

Confirmed out (13):

Lewis Allan (Raith)
Marvin Bartley (Livingston)
Gael Bigirimana
Tommy Block (Queen's Park, loan)
Kevin Dabrowski (Cowdenbeath, loan)
Ross Laidlaw (Ross County)
Mark Milligan (Southend)
Miquel Nelom
Jonathan Spector
Adam Bogdan
Ryan Gauld
McNulty
Omeonga
Efe (January)

Surely we can't be finished - we were short last season and have less players this season.

According to this link we have 22 1st team players and 3rd smallest squad in the league only behind St Mirren and Killie!

Hearts have 2nd largest squad in the league behind the Huns.

Would be interested to know the Hearts ins and outs also.

04Sauzee
14-08-2019, 04:13 PM

We have signed...

Confirmed in (8):

Confirmed out (10):

Lewis Allan (Raith)
Gael Bigirimana
Mark Milligan (Southend)
Miquel Nelom
Jonathan Spector[/B]
Adam Bogdan

Surely we can't be finished - we were short last season and have less players this season.

According to this link we have 22 1st team players and 3rd smallest squad in the league only behind St Mirren and Killie!

In the outs you can add all the loans. McNulty, Agyepong, Johnson, Omeonga and the ex Dundee utd boy

CMurdoch
14-08-2019, 04:17 PM
They must be running at a loss and have an extremely large wage bill, how do they afford it?????

You should know, it's your team :confused:

CMurdoch
14-08-2019, 04:19 PM
Pretty much ‘nail on the head’ stuff here.

Good afternoon. How's your undercover going today?

Unseen work
14-08-2019, 04:27 PM
Jason’s close mate Lee McGregor talking him up on twitter saying

Desperate to come back to Scotland
Chomping at the bit to play for hearts
Should bring him in before Hibs do

Sounds very much like Cummings is telling him to get the message out there.

yerauldda
14-08-2019, 04:30 PM

Would rather not sign a guy chomping at the bit to play for Hearts.

Unseen work
14-08-2019, 04:31 PM

We have signed...

Confirmed in (8):

Confirmed out (13):

Lewis Allan (Raith)
Gael Bigirimana
Mark Milligan (Southend)
Miquel Nelom
Jonathan Spector
Adam Bogdan
Ryan Gauld
McNulty
Omeonga
Efe (January)

When you look at the players who have left plus Johnson too it’s a huge turnaround and there must still be money left for us to bring players in. Especially since we were trying to bring McNulty and Omeonga in again this summer , we’ve not brought anyone in since those deals have been off the table so the money is there.

I think he is keeping his cards close to his chest and will bring in 2 more players.

CMurdoch
14-08-2019, 04:37 PM

We have signed...

Confirmed in (8):

Confirmed out (13):

Lewis Allan (Raith)
Gael Bigirimana
Mark Milligan (Southend)
Miquel Nelom
Jonathan Spector
Adam Bogdan
Ryan Gauld
McNulty
Omeonga
Efe (January)

More like 6 permanent 1st team players IN and 3 (Bartley, Laidlaw & Milligan) permanent 1st team players OUT since the end of last season

Of the loan players that left the only 3 who are a loss are McNulty, Omeonga & Bogdan. We have to date brought in 2 loans.

So in reality a total of 8 into the 1st team squad and 6 out of the 1st team squad from the end of last season.

That leaves us 2 up from the end of last season plus Porteous is like a new first teamer.
We will bring in another 2 loans and that will see us 5 1st team players up on the end of last season.

04Sauzee
14-08-2019, 04:41 PM
When you look at the players who have left plus Johnson too it’s a huge turnaround and there must still be money left for us to bring players in. Especially since we were trying to bring McNulty and Omeonga in again this summer , we’ve not brought anyone in since those deals have been off the table so the money is there.

I think he is keeping his cards close to his chest and will bring in 2 more players.

I think he will and he has to. 2 will come in if nobody leaves. We will get 2 and replace anyone who leaves.

Torto7
14-08-2019, 04:46 PM

If we're the same squad wise at the end of the window then it looks like the budget has been cut if anything. I don't think Ron Gordon would have a scooby about the correct amount to allocate so I presume this was done by LD with a fairly conservative outlay planned for this year.

The problem is of course that we're glaringly short in certain areas and I'd like to think that the money could be found for a couple of decent loans. If there's plans afoot for next season and the future that's great but we have to compete in the here and now as well.

PH was already dropping hints about the budget at the end of last season when Daz and SDG were renewed.

CapitalGreen
14-08-2019, 04:48 PM
More like 6 permanent 1st team players IN and 3 (Bartley, Laidlaw & Milligan) permanent 1st team players OUT since the end of last season

Of the loan players that left the only 3 who are a loss are McNulty, Omeonga & Bogdan. We have to date brought in 2 loans.

So in reality a total of 8 into the 1st team squad and 6 out of the 1st team squad from the end of last season.

That leaves us 2 up from the end of last season plus Porteous is like a new first teamer.
We will bring in another 2 loans and that will see us 5 1st team players up on the end of last season.

Regardless of the numbers in and out our squad currently isn’t good enough and we need to sign some new players. We either do it now or wait until January and try and turn our season around like we have done the last couple of years.

California-Hibs
14-08-2019, 04:48 PM
It would be a tough one to swallow seeing Cummings in a Hearts top.

Allant1981
14-08-2019, 04:54 PM
It would be a tough one to swallow seeing Cummings in a Hearts top.

Genuinely cant see it happening, he just isnt a levein type of player

Billy Whizz
14-08-2019, 04:55 PM
If we're the same squad wise at the end of the window then it looks like the budget has been cut if anything. I don't think Ron Gordon would have a scooby about the correct amount to allocate so I presume this was done by LD with a fairly conservative outlay planned for this year.

The problem is of course that we're glaringly short in certain areas and I'd like to think that the money could be found for a couple of decent loans. If there's plans afoot for next season and the future that's great but we have to compete in the here and now as well.

PH was already dropping hints about the budget at the end of last season when Daz and SDG were renewed.

He said something along the lines of, if they didn’t extend, he’d have more budget to play with

Rumble de Thump
14-08-2019, 05:01 PM

I'd be very surprised if there's a player in existence that would be "chomping at the bit" to play for Hearts. That club has been a comedy show for years.

Unseen work
14-08-2019, 05:01 PM
I think he will and he has to. 2 will come in if nobody leaves. We will get 2 and replace anyone who leaves.

This is what I’m hoping for. We can afford to, for a third season in a row, not recruit properly in the summer and have a massive task in January to get us up the league. Thankfully it’s worked out ok before with who we’ve brought in but we need to plan properly.

Think everyone associated to hibs can see a centre mid and striker are lacking. Depending on when Boyle is back I’d be tempted to add in another winger.

Middleton and Horgan are the only out and out wingers with pace and directness. Newell, Murray and Gullan could do a job there but it isn’t there natural position. Look at rangers with the strength in depth they’ve got in the wide areas, wingers are notoriously inconsistent so it would be good to get one more with pace should their form dip.

I appreciate we don’t have the budget rangers do, but there will be good options out there that would skin us, we need guys who can stretch the game whether that’s starting or coming on.

I'm Spartacus
14-08-2019, 05:07 PM

Found the above hard to believe but have since typed the boys name into Twitter. Hmmm not ideal. The thought gives me the boak.

The 90+2
14-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Lee Mcgregor is a jambo who wants his pal to sign for them. How is it even newsworthy?

Hermit Crab
14-08-2019, 05:11 PM

What makes you think that out of interest?

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-08-2019, 05:14 PM

Cos they're ****ing crooks obvs.

Borderhibbie76
14-08-2019, 05:17 PM
I never saw a quote where he said we were done. He added the caveat about unless something coming up which it already has with the Middleton signing. Anyone who thinks he hasn't taken a fresh look at going back to the transfer market after this past weekend isn't looking or thinking. Another unknown is who will leave freeing up wages and giving us leeway to bring in more players.Hes said we are done several times unless someone leaves

Zazu62
14-08-2019, 05:19 PM
How much will Whelan be on a week?

Cat Stanton
14-08-2019, 05:19 PM
Lee Mcgregor is a jambo who wants his pal to sign for them. How is it even newsworthy?

It's not newsworthy. Which makes it Evening Newsworthy.

Boxer says something uninteresting to his pal in a pub. No-one hears about it.
Boxer says something uninteresting to his pals on twitter. It's a headline in a newspaper.

B.H.F.C
14-08-2019, 05:21 PM
What makes you think that out of interest?

Gut feeling. Just the way he’s spoken and his mention of finances last week.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we sign anyone else.

I'm Spartacus
14-08-2019, 05:21 PM
How much will Whelan be on a week?

Just seen the boy on the news, he looks about 50! Unbelieveable.

McKenzie
14-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Sky sports app has Ethan Hamilton from Man U considering loan moves to Scotland. Centre mid not sure what type

The 90+2
14-08-2019, 05:27 PM
Rangers signing Andy King on loan. Makes even more sense why Middleton left on loan. Kings a class player too!

Heisenberg
14-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Sky sports app has Ethan Hamilton from Man U considering loan moves to Scotland. Centre mid not sure what type

Seems to have started at Hutchy Vale. Played on loan at Rochdale end of last season.

Just saw he was reported as being close to joining Southend this morning.

bingo70
14-08-2019, 05:29 PM

Was on loan at Rochdale last season so got to assume it’ll be us after him😉

Rumble de Thump
14-08-2019, 05:33 PM
Hes said we are done several times unless someone leaves

"Unless circumstances change or something unforeseen happens."

04Sauzee
14-08-2019, 05:35 PM

Highly rated at Man Utd, left footed think he's a CM but a bit of a No8 I could be wrong though.

JohnM1875
14-08-2019, 05:36 PM
Rangers signing Andy King on loan. Makes even more sense why Middleton left on loan. Kings a class player too!

That will be a great signing. They're really going all out this season to win the league. Which I think they'll manage.

bingo70
14-08-2019, 05:39 PM

Always thought he looked ***** whenever I saw him.

Admittedly I only paid attention to Leicester when they were winning the league but whenever he came on I always wondered how he was in that side.

Stuart93
14-08-2019, 05:39 PM
"Unless circumstances change or something unforeseen happens."

I wonder if us being absolute ***** counts as “unforseen”

Since452
14-08-2019, 05:43 PM
I wonder if us being absolute ***** counts as “unforseen”

😂

Willis1875
14-08-2019, 05:50 PM
That will be a great signing. They're really going all out this season to win the league. Which I think they'll manage.

Brenda Rodgers doing his old club no favours at all 😂

JohnM1875
14-08-2019, 05:51 PM
Brenda Rodgers doing his old club no favours at all 😂

Didn't even think about that! 😂. They will be fizzing!

The 90+2
14-08-2019, 05:54 PM
Always thought he looked ***** whenever I saw him.

Admittedly I only paid attention to Leicester when they were winning the league but whenever he came on I always wondered how he was in that side.

He wasn’t the best (or as good as a lot of the players) in the title winning team but he’s been a top midfielder in the Prem for years now, fast direct and can take a shot. Was very good in the Euros a couple years back too.

I wouldn’t say no to Jamie Murphy or Greg Docherty if available.

Billy Whizz
14-08-2019, 05:59 PM

They must have about 10 midfielders

04Sauzee
14-08-2019, 06:02 PM
He wasn’t the best (or as good as a lot of the players) in the title winning team but he’s been a top midfielder in the Prem for years now, fast direct and can take a shot. Was very good in the Euros a couple years back too.

Would Murphy or Docherty have to be permanent signings. Is there a ruling that says you can't loan 2 players from the same club if you are in the same division? If so then it would be more than doubtful either would be at ER.

The 90+2
14-08-2019, 06:04 PM
They must have about 10 midfielders

More than that probably. The likes of Jason Holt will be released soon. Then there’s Graham Dorans that nobody even remembers and a couple of bogs they got from Liverpool, even the winger they took from Motherwell.

The 90+2
Would Murphy or Docherty have to be permanent signings. Is there a ruling that says you can't loan 2 players from the same club if you are in the same division? If so then it would be more than doubtful either would be at ER.

True, Murphy wouldn’t give up his wage and Docherty could still be valuable to them.

Allant1981
Rangers must have spent a fair bit this season, king will be on decent wages at Leicester and I'm guessing they will be paying either all his wages or a decent %

The 90+2
14-08-2019, 06:05 PM
Rangers must have spent a fair bit this season, king will be on decent wages at Leicester and I'm guessing they will be paying either all his wages or a decent %

They need to spend a fair bit to stop 9 and ten on the trot. This will be the best time to stop it.

brog
14-08-2019, 06:17 PM

Not sure how much they're actually spending. I believe they still haven't paid Brighton for Jamie Murphy transfer. I think they're still looking for one big sale before window closes.

bingo70
14-08-2019, 06:19 PM

Was he not on loan in the championship last season?

I think there’s a danger people associate having heard of a player as assuming they’re quality.

Borderhibbie76
14-08-2019, 06:35 PM

I think there’s a danger people associate having heard of a player as assuming they’re quality.Yup the same league as Vela and Doidge have played in and according to some on here they are mince

Borderhibbie76
14-08-2019, 06:41 PM
Must admit tho it's a bit annoying seeing them signing midfielders across the road and we seem incapable of addressing the need for a quality midfielder ourselves...I really hope something is in the pipeline before the end of the month ...surely everyone at Hibs can see what we see?? Cant they??

The 90+2
14-08-2019, 06:42 PM

I think there’s a danger people associate having heard of a player as assuming they’re quality.

Start of January but took a sore one in a Derby for erm Derby and that was that.

Billy Whizz
14-08-2019, 06:42 PM
Not sure how much they're actually spending. I believe they still haven't paid Brighton for Jamie Murphy transfer. I think they're still looking for one big sale before window closes.

That’s quite a unique strategy they have, Brog😄

Hibees1973
14-08-2019, 06:43 PM
Really concerned about the standard of player we have signed so far. The vast majority of Hibs supporters I have spoken to are worried about the lower to bottom tier English players we have signed. Allan, not a Heckingbottom signing, has put them all firmly in the shade to date.

Even with the Gordon ‘investment’ it is clear Hearts have signed proven higher standard players. Naismith, Whelan and Halkett would all walk into our team and all must earn more than any other Hibs player.

We have lacked ambition in this transfer window. Gordon said he had given Hibs a 7 figure initial sum to ‘use as they wish’ when he took over.

Haven’t seen any of this spent wisely so far.

Still a couple of weeks to go to get players who will go straight into the first team, because from what I have seen of the new players, Allan apart, is that they are worse than the ones that have left or that we did not have the ambition to sign.

The 90+2
14-08-2019, 06:43 PM
Yup the same league as Vela and Doidge have played in and according to some on here they are mince

John McGinn and Jack Greelish also played in the same league as the two of our players, I’m not sure of the point that’s being made though? Who said Vela is mince anyway?

thebausburst
14-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Really concerned about the standard of player we have signed so far. The vast majority of Hibs supporters I have spoken to are worried about the lower to bottom tier English players we have signed. Allan, not a Heckingbottom signing, has put them all firmly in the shade to date.

Even with the Gordon ‘investment’ it is clear Hearts have signed proven higher standard players. Naismith, Whelan and Halkett would all walk into our team and all must earn more than any other Hibs player.

We have lacked ambition in this transfer window. Gordon said he had given Hibs a 7 figure initial sum to ‘use as they wish’ when he took over.

Still a couple of weeks to go to get players who will go straight into the first team, because from what I have seen of the new players, Allan apart, is that they are worse than the ones that have left or that we did not have the ambition to sign.

Agree 100%

Heisenberg
14-08-2019, 06:53 PM
Tam McManus doing his ITK act again and hinting that Cummings could be signing.

California-Hibs
14-08-2019, 06:54 PM

For us?

Heisenberg
14-08-2019, 06:55 PM
For us?

Yes.

At least I think he’s hinting about Cummings. Or he’s badly ****ed up with his spelling :greengrin

04Sauzee
Tam Mcmanus tweeting possible 1 in cumming. Likes the attention does our Tam 👀

McKenzie

When Porto is back Halkett wouldn’t get on our bench. Ron already stated the transfer budget wouldn’t go up any initially, people need to calm down. We’re no buying 36 year olds for one season we are in a long term plan

Since452
14-08-2019, 06:56 PM
When Porto is back Halkett wouldn’t get on our bench. Ron already stated the transfer budget wouldn’t go up any initially, people need to calm down. We’re no buying 36 year olds for one season we are in a long term plan

Well said

Borderhibbie76
14-08-2019, 06:57 PM
John McGinn and Jack Greelish also played in the same league as the two of our players, I’m not sure of the point that’s being made though? Who said Vela is mince anyway?It's a decent league that they have both played in and plenty have written both Vela and Doidge off on here...u must have selective memory loss if u havent seen the numerous posts...

Listen for me the jury is out on them both but they deserve a chance to settle in and not to be judged after 2 league matches

And I am still in the camp that we need more signings - but am just not prepared to write any of the new guys off just yet

Diclonius
14-08-2019, 06:58 PM

(Cummings signs for Hearts)

Tam: "people have way too much time on their hands.... (rolling eyes emoji) i was NOT hinting about jase coming back stop reading too much on what you see on the internet!!!"

Anyway it's not true.

we are hibs
14-08-2019, 06:58 PM

Signing for Hearts then

The 90+2
14-08-2019, 07:01 PM

What’s the long term plan?

The 90+2
14-08-2019, 07:03 PM
It's a decent league that they have both played in and plenty have written both Vela and Doidge off on here...u must have selective memory loss if u havent seen the numerous posts...

Listen for me the jury is out on them both but they deserve a chance to settle in and not to be judged after 2 league matches

And I am still in the camp that we need more signings - but am just not prepared to write any of the new guys off just yet

I’ll be honest and say I’ve read Doidge being called basically called a huddy but nothing much in writing Vela off. Like you I hope they will both be good players for us. Vela I hope will be a star.

B.H.F.C
14-08-2019, 07:06 PM

It would be nice to know what the long term plan is in that case. Having a poor season (which we will based on what we have) will see a drop in season tickets and that surely doesn’t form part of any long term plan.

brog
14-08-2019, 07:06 PM
That’s quite a unique strategy they have, Brog😄

Pretty much a Ponzi scheme Billy, or as it used to be called,teeming & lading. Delay payments as long as possible & hope that potential incomings will take care of matters before the bailiffs arrive!

bingo70
14-08-2019, 07:07 PM
Tam McManus has a good record of ITK info for us.

Sounds like he’s put cold water on the rumour since his tweet but thought it was worth mentioning seeing as there were a few taking the piss out of him.

04Sauzee
14-08-2019, 07:12 PM

Sounds like he’s put cold water on the rumour since his tweet but thought it was worth mentioning seeing as there were a few taking the piss out of him.

What's he said since his original tweet Bingo? I can't see anything?

J-C
14-08-2019, 07:13 PM
I still wonder if Kamberi might still go abroad somewhere, didn't start on sunday for some inexplicable reason and if the Cummings rumours are true we may need to find his wages. Rumours Shaw might go but his wages at the club would be minimal compared to the more senior players, so him leaving wouldn't make a huge difference to the budget.

bingo70
What's he said since his original tweet Bingo? I can't see anything?

Poster above said this......

Tam: "people have way too much time on their hands.... (rolling eyes emoji) i was NOT hinting about jase coming back stop reading too much on what you see on the internet!!!"

BoomtownHibees

Where has he put cold water on it? Can’t see any tweets from him since this one

Stuart93

I disagree. In current form I’d probably play Halkett ahead of any our CH’s maybe except Porteous.

bingo70
14-08-2019, 07:14 PM
Where has he put cold water on it? Can’t see any tweets from him since this one

See post above

BoomtownHibees
14-08-2019, 07:14 PM
See post above

I think the poster was giving an example of what he would tweet if he ended up signing for Hearts

brog
14-08-2019, 07:15 PM

I think Halkett is a decent player but after 1 season in the top league, & coming from Livi, I doubt he's on a particularly high wage. I'm pretty sure we'll have a good few players earning more than him.

Heisenberg
14-08-2019, 07:16 PM
See post above

Poster was just taking the piss. Tam hasn’t tweeted anything else tonight.

04Sauzee
14-08-2019, 07:17 PM

Ah that poster was saying that tongue in cheek, he did something similar when it was suggested he was tweeting about Griffiths and he then had to backtrack.

BlackSheep
14-08-2019, 07:19 PM

I suppose if he learned to spell correctly then he couldn’t be be misunderstood 😂

bingo70
14-08-2019, 07:22 PM
Poster was just taking the piss. Tam hasn’t tweeted anything else tonight.

Ah apologies then.

I still don’t get the posters joke but everyone else did so that maybe says more about me than anyone else.

04Sauzee
14-08-2019, 07:23 PM
Ah apologies then.

I still don’t get the posters joke but everyone else did so that maybe says more about me than anyone else.

Don't sweat it, easy to misinterpret

Diclonius
14-08-2019, 07:23 PM

He didn't say that, that was my prediction of what he will say when it inevitably turns out to be guff. My apologies. :wink: