17-04-2019, 12:05 PM
Did they concentrate on his time at Leeds 😁

The 90+2
17-04-2019, 12:22 PM
Did they concentrate on his time at Leeds 😁

😁

Diclonius
17-04-2019, 12:23 PM
I have to say, it's quite refreshing having a manager to whom TalkSport/SSN can't ask 1,527,734 questions about Celtic.

Garymcl
17-04-2019, 12:34 PM
All about hibs thank goodness good interview by Luke Shanley every time I listen to the new manager I am more and more impressed he talks well and puts emphasis on hard work on training ground to his recent success we really I think have found a gem in this guy and would encourage all hibbys to renew or purchase season tickets again to back him to the hilt can’t wait to see which players he brings in so looking forward to next season already “Heckys at the wheel “ Ggtth :flag:

The 90+2
17-04-2019, 12:38 PM
I have to say, it's quite refreshing having a manager to whom TalkSport/SSN can't ask 1,527,734 questions about Celtic.

Would love it if he was asked and he done a Malonga 😂

The 90+2
17-04-2019, 12:38 PM
All about hibs thank goodness good interview by Luke Shanley every time I listen to the new manager I am more and more impressed he talks well and puts emphasis on hard work on training ground to his recent success we really I think have found a gem in this guy and would encourage all hibbys to renew or purchase season tickets again to back him to the hilt can’t wait to see which players he brings in so looking forward to next season already “Heckys at the wheel “ Ggtth :flag:

Yep. Let the good times roll.

JeMeSouviens
17-04-2019, 12:42 PM

Isn't the recruitment team just going to be the same as the last couple of years?

Peevemor
17-04-2019, 12:44 PM
Isn't the recruitment team just going to be the same as the last couple of years?

Yes, but it's the manager who request different types of players for specific roles. He'll also make his own suggestions re players to look at.

B.H.F.C
17-04-2019, 12:45 PM

Aye but he still decides who we actually sign and it’ll be interesting to see if he favours a different type of player to Lennon.

CapitalGreen
17-04-2019, 12:48 PM

The manager is part of the recruitment team.

Vini1875
17-04-2019, 12:52 PM
Must admit to not being excited when he came in, but week after week he grows on me. It feels like he is a guy who can get a group of individuals and make them into a team. A good string of results in this last 5 might see STs remain steady, when only a few months ago it looked like sales would plummet.

The 90+2
17-04-2019, 12:58 PM

I think we will see a few gems from down south. Like Lennon took any player told to. Probably why Flo’ was forced on trial before on loan to prove himself.

Northernhibee
17-04-2019, 12:59 PM
If you look at the managerial profile outside of Scotland and the sort of job that they could get elsewhere if they had wanted, Heckingbottom is every bit a coup as the last manager. He says he turned down a number of jobs and before Leeds had been touted as a potential future EPL manager.

The more I think about it (and I was excited about Appleton so felt a little disappointed) the more I think it’s a fantastic appointment for not only what he brings to the club but also shows how good we are off the pitch that he chose to kick start his managerial career with us.

Lago
17-04-2019, 01:25 PM
If you look at the managerial profile outside of Scotland and the sort of job that they could get elsewhere if they had wanted, Heckingbottom is every bit a coup as the last manager. He says he turned down a number of jobs and before Leeds had been touted as a potential future EPL manager.

The more I think about it (and I was excited about Appleton so felt a little disappointed) the more I think it’s a fantastic appointment for not only what he brings to the club but also shows how good we are off the pitch that he chose to kick start his managerial career with us.

Correct in all respects, we need to enjoy him while we have him.

JeMeSouviens
17-04-2019, 01:35 PM

Yeah, that's true. I don't personally think there's been much wrong with our recruitment anyway.

Hibeesmad
17-04-2019, 01:52 PM
Yeah, that's true. I don't personally think there's been much wrong with our recruitment anyway.

It's been excellent since Dempster, Craig and Mathie came in. There are always going to be players who don't quite make it but that happens at every club whether that be down to personal reasons, injuries or just not good enough.

JohnM1875
17-04-2019, 01:58 PM
I was the same as a lot of others about this appointment. A bit 'meh' but wow was I wrong. I just totally buy into his approach and what he says. More importantly it seems the players do as well!

Glad to be proven wrong about this one! What do I know about appointing a new manager though, I was over the moon when we brought in Butcher!

J-C
17-04-2019, 02:03 PM
Lennon had final say on who came in, Kamberi impressed on his loan but it was soon clear he and Lennon didn't get on, that happens in football. Lennon didn't have a great eye for a player and it looked like he went for players he knew previously like Efe, Stokes, Whittaker etc. Also Lennon's squad building was suspect, every squad was unbalanced.

we are hibs
17-04-2019, 03:56 PM
Lennon had final say on who came in, Kamberi impressed on his loan but it was soon clear he and Lennon didn't get on, that happens in football. Lennon didn't have a great eye for a player and it looked like he went for players he knew previously like Efe, Stokes, Whittaker etc. Also Lennon's squad building was suspect, every squad was unbalanced.

Mr.Lennon...

allezsauzee
17-04-2019, 04:19 PM
I was the same as a lot of others about this appointment. A bit 'meh' but wow was I wrong. I just totally buy into his approach and what he says. More importantly it seems the players do as well!

Glad to be proven wrong about this one! What do I know about appointing a new manager though, I was over the moon when we brought in Butcher!

I'm pretty sure we were unbeaten in Butcher's first 8 games too :wink:

There is a world of difference between the two of them though. I was gutted to see Lenny go, but I couldn't have been more impressed with Hecky so far. Seems to get all of his ideas drummed into the players on the training ground as they all look as though they are confident in what their role is without him barking at them.

SquashedFrogg
17-04-2019, 04:36 PM

Perfectly put 👍

Jim44
17-04-2019, 04:39 PM

I bet Lennon is getting fed up being asked about his time at Hibs. :rolleyes:

davhibby
17-04-2019, 04:45 PM

There is a world of difference between the two of them though. I was gutted to see Lenny go, but I couldn't have been more impressed with Hecky so far. Seems to get all of his ideas drummed into the players on the training ground as they all look as though they are confident in what their role is without him barking at them.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong there. Butcher did have a good start but we lost at least one of his early games(away to Celtic) not sure if there were any others

allezsauzee
17-04-2019, 05:20 PM
I'm pretty sure you're wrong there. Butcher did have a good start but we lost at least one of his early games(away to Celtic) not sure if there were any others

you are correct. we lost 1-0 at Celtic in the first 8. However the point I was making that although Butcher also made a pretty decent start in his first 8 league games, I believe that there is a lot more substance to what Hecky is doing. Butcher got a new manager bounce and changed our style to be more direct which probably foxed opposition for a few games.

Hibeesmad
17-04-2019, 05:22 PM

The loss to Raith in the cup was the start of a downward spiral

Deeds
17-04-2019, 05:26 PM
I wonder when Celtic will want to talk to him, now that he’s with us and doing well...

JohnMcM
17-04-2019, 05:28 PM
It's been excellent since Dempster, Craig and Mathie came in. There are always going to be players who don't quite make it but that happens at every club whether that be down to personal reasons, injuries or just not good enough.

Aha! I sense an intelligent, thoughtful and knowledgeable post here.

For goodness sake stop it! You'll spoil a potentially filled-with-guff thread.

:flag:

J-C
17-04-2019, 06:06 PM
Mr.Lennon...

Haha touche

At least I refrained to call him Lenny but seeing as we all call him by his surname in most threads,Lennon will do.

brog
17-04-2019, 06:44 PM

I wish you hadn't reminded me of this. Yep, Butcher won 4 & drew 3 of his 1st 8 games in charge. Unfortunately he then only won 1 of his next 17 games, losing 12! In fact, a 2-1 win over Ross C was the only game he won after the new year game versus them until the 1st play off game. An astonishingly bad record. The only thing which consoles me about TB is that his record was so sh*t he had to be sacked, which ultimately lead to the greatest football day of our lives.

leither17
17-04-2019, 06:52 PM
The loss to Raith in the cup was the start of a downward spiral

100% what i have always thought too I remember being baffled at the team selection that day and thinking after the game we could be in trouble

davhibby
17-04-2019, 10:23 PM
you are correct. we lost 1-0 at Celtic in the first 8. However the point I was making that although Butcher also made a pretty decent start in his first 8 league games, I believe that there is a lot more substance to what Hecky is doing. Butcher got a new manager bounce and changed our style to be more direct which probably foxed opposition for a few games.

Sorry was just me being a tad pedantic!

18-04-2019, 12:12 AM
Here's the link to it.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11696408/hibs-not-giving-up-on-finishing-third

JeMeSouviens
18-04-2019, 09:12 AM
100% what i have always thought too I remember being baffled at the team selection that day and thinking after the game we could be in trouble

I think the Dundee Utd game was the turning point. We were 2-0 up and lost 2 in the last few mins. Seemingly TB then did his bit for employee relations in the dressing room, told individuals they were finished at Hibs and the rest is history.

Northernhibee
18-04-2019, 09:29 AM
I think the Dundee Utd game was the turning point. We were 2-0 up and lost 2 in the last few mins. Seemingly TB then did his bit for employee relations in the dressing room, told individuals they were finished at Hibs and the rest is history.

I remember that game. Ben Williams was lucky not to see red for hauling GMS down but GMS had been marginally offside. Soon as we conceded the first we looked terrified. We’d been fantastic up to that point.

pacoluna
18-04-2019, 09:51 AM
Correct in all respects, we need to enjoy him while we have him.

He's only been in the door 2 months.

Diclonius
18-04-2019, 10:04 AM

I thought it was the St Mirren game that did that? Half time 0-3, finished 2-3, Butcher want mental and told everyone they were **** both publically and privately and that was that.

The United game was a couple weeks before. Went 2-0 up via a Liam Craig double the week after winning the derby and looked extremely impressive. If we'd held on to that lead I'm convinced we wouldn't have been relegated.

mjhibby
20-04-2019, 09:00 AM
I think we will see a few gems from down south. Like Lennon took any player told to. Probably why Flo’ was forced on trial before on loan to prove himself.

I think this is what excites me most. He has seen regularly guys who would be able to sign and wouldn't need a breakdown on them. I expect two or three signings from lower championship sides. He is obviously a different manager from Lennon and looks to be tacticallly astute as well as a good man manager. What he has done so far is exceptional and wherever we finish he has turned our season around way better than we could have hoped for. So calm and measured in interviews. A breath of fresh air to the Scottish game.

Eyrie
20-04-2019, 09:09 AM
I think this is what excites me most. He has seen regularly guys who would be able to sign and wouldn't need a breakdown on them. I expect two or three signings from lower championship sides. He is obviously a different manager from Lennon and looks to be tacticallly astute as well as a good man manager. What he has done so far is exceptional and wherever we finish he has turned our season around way better than we could have hoped for. So calm and measured in interviews. A breath of fresh air to the Scottish game.

Was speaking with someone yesterday who knows someone who knows a wife of a current player. Heckingbottom and his approach are well liked in the squad.

Bobby's Cinema
20-04-2019, 09:35 AM
Very level headed guy and when he says it’s all about the players it actually seems that way.

Takes the emotion right out of it, could not be more of a totally different contrasting character to previous managers if he tried.

Still taking me time to warm to him if I’m totally honest, not quite sure why. Cracking start hope it continues for us all

Peevemor
20-04-2019, 04:46 PM
He appears to be becoming a bit more relaxed in his interviews with the local media which is good, there's a bit of dry humour creeping into some of his answers which I like.

What comes across most is how important it is for him that the players understand at all times what they're meant to be doing. He's been praising them in most interviews about how well they take in information. If the players don't know what to do, Hecky will see that as a failure on his part.

Bishop Hibee
21-04-2019, 12:25 AM
Tell me? How good does it feel? Fricking great after a few beers GGTTH!

Itsnoteasy
21-04-2019, 12:56 AM
Was speaking with someone yesterday who knows someone who knows a wife of a current player. Heckingbottom and his approach are well liked in the squad.

Is it Pinnochio there is a lot of knows in there.