PDA

View Full Version : Sir Albert Kidd

Independent
17-04-2019, 09:05 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/albert-kidd-responds-to-sandy-clark-tirade-and-is-truly-sorry-hearts-never-won-league-1-4908684

Smartie
17-04-2019, 09:25 AM
Slightly disappointing comments from the great man.

I'd have preferred something along the lines of "And of all the salty Jambo tears, Sandy Clark's taste by far the sweetest".

Famous Fiver
17-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Remind me, who was Albert Kidd and what did he do?

green day
17-04-2019, 10:23 AM
The bit in that article about when he met Sandy Clarke in 2016 is hilarious - I suspect that Alberts comments about it being a shame are somewhat tongue in cheek :greengrin:greengrin

JimBHibees
17-04-2019, 10:27 AM
The bit in that article about when he met Sandy Clarke in 2016 is hilarious - I suspect that Alberts comments about it being a shame are somewhat tongue in cheek :greengrin:greengrin

Agree totally taking the p and rightly so.

“Had he said this right after the game and continued to say this for a couple of years, so be it and I wouldn’t have been surprised, but 33 years on, is a long time between drinks,” said Kidd, who recalled meeting Clark at the Scottish Football Writers’ Association Dinner in Glasgow in 2016.

:faf::faf:

Clark comes over as an absolute clown, no surprise there.

DaveF
17-04-2019, 10:42 AM
I love how bitter Clark is. Excellent digs from Kidd.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Sir Albert will always be a hero and a giant amongst men. Get it up them Albert.

dchibs
17-04-2019, 11:01 AM
Agree totally taking the p and rightly so.

“Had he said this right after the game and continued to say this for a couple of years, so be it and I wouldn’t have been surprised, but 33 years on, is a long time between drinks,” said Kidd, who recalled meeting Clark at the Scottish Football Writers’ Association Dinner in Glasgow in 2016.

:faf::faf:

Clark comes over as an absolute clown, no surprise there.

Saw Clark a few times at Glasgow train station heading back to Bathgate, absolutely pished probably trying to drown his sorrows. I would also like to to thank his son for his wonderful performance at Hampden 2016 a real shame what they are suffering:greengrin

matty_f
17-04-2019, 11:03 AM
Top trolling from Sir Albert there, well played!

Rather than blaming Kidd for it, Clarke would be better asking the current Hearts Director of Football about hiding in the toilets when his team needed him.

NAE NOOKIE
17-04-2019, 11:15 AM
Shouldn't he be threatening to kick the heads in of his defensive buddies who allowed Sir Albert to waltz through them twice :greengrin

Hearts class :aok:

Col2
17-04-2019, 11:40 AM
Was Sandy Clark not in the crowd at THE cup final may 21st 2016?

I am sure I spotted him as part of the 75674 times I have watched the game on tv. He would have been there to watch his son whose only contribution was to put the ball out when under pressure from SDG, then throw in, then Stokes and then corner....

What a loser.

Newry Hibs
17-04-2019, 11:50 AM

I am sure I spotted him as part of the 75674 times I have watched the game on tv. He would have been there to watch his son whose only contribution was to put the ball out when under pressure from SDG, then throw in, then Stokes and then corner....

What a loser.

Bit harsh. He'll have his Scottish Cup winners medal from 1986 .... oh wait ....

CraigHibee
17-04-2019, 12:16 PM
Sandy Clark = Bitter Jambo Fud

Bostonhibby
17-04-2019, 12:51 PM
Remind me, who was Albert Kidd and what did he do?He struggled in vain to stop bellends like Sandy Clarke's relentless march to the double in 1986.

I bet super Sandy had one of their double winner tee shirts on weeks before the game as well. Another one who looks to have been defined by that glorious period. All these years later too, tragic.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

ian cruise
17-04-2019, 01:07 PM
That's truly embarrassing stuff for Clark to come out with.

Forza Fred
17-04-2019, 01:25 PM
In 2005 in Melbourne I had the pleasure and honour of presenting Sir Alby Kidd with the Oz Branch’s retrospective Player of the Year Award for 1985/6.

We flew Alby (as he is known here) up from Adelaide, and many Hibbies, myself included flew in from interstate for the function.

Alby gave a great speech, and I can assure you, he never mentioned anything about feeling sorry for Hearts.

He was simply a professional footballer doing his job, and Sandy Clark would do well to behave in a similar professional manner as the great man.

HoboHarry
17-04-2019, 03:10 PM
If Clark really said that then he's even more idiotic than I had thought and I hadn't even realized it was possible to be that stupid.

Dashing Bob S
17-04-2019, 03:21 PM
Never mind St Albie the Superb, Clark is my new hero for being so upset still, that he can't even try and hide his hurt and bitterness. This is the level of Jambo suffering we want to see paraded for our pleasure. Thank you Sandy.

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2019, 03:28 PM
Did Sandy want Dundee to lie down to them that day?

BILLYHIBS
17-04-2019, 03:36 PM
Kidds come off the bench probably irked at being dropped in the first place probably thinking to himself “Right I’ll show them who is boss” tried to be as professional as possible scored his goals without dare I say even a thought about how it affects the opposition just like any of us doing our job just going about your business just doing what you are paid to do

No need for Sir Albert to apologise

Sandy Clark should wynd his neck in

Water under the bridge

Maybe Potter should save a seat on the bench for him at Hampden in order that they may relive their agony together.

Perpetual losers

Pretty Boy
17-04-2019, 03:50 PM
Dundee had a place in Europe to play for. Should they have just allowed Hearts to win?

Celtic and Hearts both had mid table opposition to face on the last day of the season. Celtic got the job done. Bottle merchants like Clark blew it and ***** bags like Levein never even bothered making the effort to get on the park.

Here’s Lucy!
17-04-2019, 04:25 PM
Sandy Clark :faf:

:giruy2:

allezsauzee
17-04-2019, 04:29 PM
Those salty tears from Sandy Clark just taste all the more delicious :lolyam:

G B Young
17-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Never mind St Albie the Superb, Clark is my new hero for being so upset still, that he can't even try and hide his hurt and bitterness. This is the level of Jambo suffering we want to see paraded for our pleasure. Thank you Sandy.

Absolutely. It's extraordinary stuff from Sandy. It brings to mind the eye-popping reaction of the yams when Hibs have the audacity to win Tynecastle. They just cannot accept it really happened.

What's Clark actually saying here? That Kidd should not have done his job as a professional footballer and simply let Hearts win the league? And that when asked about his extraordinary substitute appearance (as he must have been on several hundred occasions since) just remain tight-lipped?

'I'd like to have his head kicked in'. Yep, that's the sort of dignity one expects from a 62-year-old former professional sportsman. Credit to Sir Albert for what is clearly a tongue-in-cheek apology when told of such mind-boggling immaturity.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2019, 05:03 PM
Anyone who features Hearts, Rangers and Airdrie on their CV is always likely to be a total roaster. Clark proves it and then some.

O'Rourke3
17-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Clark was a terrible cheat on the pitch.. He'd foul, smile, shake hands, aw shucks. Foul him and he's up fighting. Could dish it out but couldn't take it.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

heretoday
17-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Clark was a terrible cheat on the pitch.. He'd foul, smile, shake hands, aw shucks. Foul him and he's up fighting. Could dish it out but couldn't take it.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Clark was a big, tough target man who knocked it off for the wee man to bang it in. That was the entire philosophy of that team in fact but it was effective.

To be honest, the competition in those days wasn't up to much, and I include our own team in that.

hibsbollah
17-04-2019, 05:11 PM
Bit harsh. He'll have his Scottish Cup winners medal from 1986 .... oh wait ....

He is the proud owner of a Lanarkshire Cup winners medal.

It's simply untrue to say Sandy Clark has won **** all in his career:tsk tsk:

:faf:

Carheenlea
17-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Sandy Clark absolutely reeks of Hearts.

Joe6-2
17-04-2019, 07:09 PM
Sandy Bellend

bawheid
17-04-2019, 07:14 PM
The fact that the wound is still so open pleases me immensely. What a bitter little greeting Hearts fud. Roond ye!

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2019, 08:17 PM
The fact that the wound is still so open pleases me immensely. What a bitter little greeting Hearts fud. Roond ye!

:agree:

Still hurting 33 years on. They will never get over it :greengrin

Cabbage East
17-04-2019, 08:29 PM
Sir Albert noising them up in a very stylish way :greengrin

Skol
17-04-2019, 08:34 PM
If I remember correctly there was a draw at Easter Road during which Sandy Clark missed an absolute sitter late on to win the game. If he had scored that day, the point would have secured the league title BEFORE dens.

I have vague recollections of a chant along the lines of ' they tell me Sandy's a Hibby.....' but that might be the addled old mind

Deansy
17-04-2019, 09:28 PM
Why are Jambos (both players and Muppets) always so 'Bitter and Twisted' - having a go at Sir Albert, who was only doing his job, is just plain pointless ! Yet they never say anything about their 'hero' was hiding in the crapper ??

Waxy
24-04-2020, 08:02 AM
Missed this at the time.Didnt know Sir Albert was a Celtic fan.

Carheenlea
25-04-2020, 02:36 PM
I hope Sandy’s still seething. They say the world will be different when we come out the other side of the Covid-19 crisis, but guaranteed every day within an hour of getting up, Sandy Clark will be feeling rage about Dens Park ‘86 and his part in Scottish footballs biggest ever bottle job. Before Covid, during Covid and many years after Covid.

Stevie Reid
25-04-2020, 04:07 PM
As far as I’m aware, Hearts first two league games of the 1985-86 season were a 1-1 draw at home to Celtic (where Celtic equalised in injury time), and a 6-2 defeat away to their beloved St. Mirren.

So whilst we had Sir Albert’s dramatic cameo in the final minutes of the season, much of the damage was done way back in August, with that dropped point and four goal defeat.

H18 SFR
25-04-2020, 04:12 PM
Just watched the highlights. Why do the hearts fans end up on the pitch in large numbers?

Waxy
25-04-2020, 04:28 PM
Just watched the highlights. Why do the hearts fans end up on the pitch in large numbers?

To stop themselves from drowning on terraces from the flood of tears maybe?

Baader
25-04-2020, 05:21 PM
In 2005 in Melbourne I had the pleasure and honour of presenting Sir Alby Kidd with the Oz Branch’s retrospective Player of the Year Award for 1985/6.

We flew Alby (as he is known here) up from Adelaide, and many Hibbies, myself included flew in from interstate for the function.

Alby gave a great speech, and I can assure you, he never mentioned anything about feeling sorry for Hearts.

He was simply a professional footballer doing his job, and Sandy Clark would do well to behave in a similar professional manner as the great man.

I was at that at the racecourse. Was a great night and Sir Albert came across very well.

Sandy Clark has always struck me as a complete clown of a man. If he did his job better he might have won something.

Herts fan talking about "Hibsing" it conviently forget their 1986 double is the biggest bottling act in Scottish football history.

Hibs4185
25-04-2020, 05:36 PM
What’s the name of the boy for st Mirren that scored the winner a few weeks ago? If he ends up relegating them and maybe a second admin event then he could be up there as a very close second to Sir Albert Kidd

GRA
25-04-2020, 05:37 PM
What’s the name of the boy for st Mirren that scored the winner a few weeks ago? If he ends up relegating them and maybe a second admin event then he could be up there as a very close second to Sir Albert Kidd

Obkia

Waxy
25-04-2020, 05:44 PM
Obkia

Which to hearts fans is an anagram of i boak.

erin go bragh
27-04-2020, 05:31 PM
If I remember correctly there was a draw at Easter Road during which Sandy Clark missed an absolute sitter late on to win the game. If he had scored that day, the point would have secured the league title BEFORE dens.

I have vague recollections of a chant along the lines of ' they tell me Sandy's a Hibby.....' but that might be the addled old mind
0-0 draw at ER . Cost them the league 😂😂
Had Clark scored ,they would have won the league with 51 points .( which is awfy ironic:) But as we all know ,50 points it was.

Since452
27-04-2020, 05:39 PM
Sandy Clark sounds a bit of a bell end. Glad he saw his son set up our winner on 21/5/16

27-04-2020, 05:54 PM

Exuberance.

lord bunberry
27-04-2020, 06:23 PM
Oh Sandy Sandy Sandy still raging that his team bottled it on the biggest day of their careers. Who could’ve known in those bright spring days when the mighty jam tarts were carrying all before them that it would all end in such tragic circumstances. There was an item on the radio on Saturday about when they lost the league to Kilmarnock on the last day at Tynie. Kilmarnock needed to win by two goals to win the league and that’s what they did. In those days they used the goal average system, if it had been goal difference hearts would’ve claimed the title. They were understandably annoyed about this and pressed for goal difference to be brought in. In an ironic twist of fate they would’ve won the league in 86 if they’d used goal average. I feel for them I really do.

hhibs
27-04-2020, 07:05 PM
Oh Sandy Sandy Sandy still raging that his team bottled it on the biggest day of their careers. Who could’ve known in those bright spring days when the mighty jam tarts were carrying all before them that it would all end in such tragic circumstances. There was an item on the radio on Saturday about when they lost the league to Kilmarnock on the last day at Tynie. Kilmarnock needed to win by two goals to win the league and that’s what they did. In those days they used the goal average system, if it had been goal difference hearts would’ve claimed the title. They were understandably annoyed about this and pressed for goal difference to be brought in. In an ironic twist of fate they would’ve won the league in 86 if they’d used goal average. I feel for them I really do.

Oh yes ! laughed out loud at your last two sentences.

Best 20 seconds I have had after 43 days in a severe lockdown in Fuerteventura !

Ta muchly !!

whiskyhibby
27-04-2020, 07:20 PM
That's truly embarrassing stuff for Clark to come out with.

Hearts class written all over his bitter actions 😊

RupertsBollocks
28-04-2020, 08:40 AM
I had the pleasure of interacting with the great man himself recently...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200428/91d0fe3a9b936a31cc58280054f29d7f.jpg

EI255
28-04-2020, 09:12 AM
The tache that RUINED HOMOFC [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Crab apple
28-04-2020, 10:39 AM
I was at that at the racecourse. Was a great night and Sir Albert came across very well.

Sandy Clark has always struck me as a complete clown of a man. If he did his job better he might have won something.

Herts fan talking about "Hibsing" it conviently forget their 1986 double is the biggest bottling act in Scottish football history.

1986 will never ever be beaten in terms of last minute collapses. To lose in the way they did was unique and the fact that people still talk about it after all this time shows how momentous it was. They then went on to follow it up the next Saturday with a proper ****ging from the Sheep at Hampden in the Scottish Cup final. From double winners to total flumps. Well done Hearts. We will always remember as will you!

superfurryhibby
28-04-2020, 10:45 AM
Kidd is at the wind-up, no question about it.

Clarke, still hurting about it after all those years.

"thirty minutes into the function, I noticed Sandy Clark at a table nearby. I approached him and greeted him saying: ‘Sandy Clark, it has been a while sir, how are you?’ His response was delayed and my first thought was: ‘jeez he doesn’t know me’.

“I proceeded to tell him who I was and he answered by saying: ‘I know who you are’. So the conversation was fabulous and lasted eight to ten seconds.
“I knew from that moment that he was still hurting and if I continued speaking, he may well have got a bit out of sorts.
“I would like it to be put on record by saying that I am truly sorry that Hearts never won the championship in 1986,” added Kidd.
“Yes, I had a hand in the end result and Celtic, who I follow and support, benefited greatly".

Since452
28-04-2020, 04:25 PM
Is that the biggest bottle job in Scottish football history or was that when their players were high fiving fans when they were beating 9 man Inverness in the semi final with minutes to play?

h1bs4life
28-04-2020, 08:09 PM
Watch this video to put a smile on your face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwY7NPu9g7M watch from 17 mins 45 sec onwards. Glorious losers. :loser:

The referee was Bill Crombie a well know Hearts fan who worked at Edinburgh Council.
He had been all set to go up and watch Hearts win the league when he got a very late call to take charge of the game.
They probably should have had a penalty early doors ,he later admitted that normally he would have given it but didn't want to be accused of being biased . :LOL:
He worked at reception at Chesser House just off Gorgie Road , think he got moved because half the visitors wanted to strangle him
and the other half wanted to shake his hand. :rotflmao:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-04-2020, 08:21 PM
Remind me, who was Albert Kidd and what did he do?

He ended the of pretence of Hearts as a sporting institution.

PISTOL1875
28-04-2020, 08:32 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwY7NPu9g7M watch from 17 mins 45 sec onwards. Glorious losers. :loser:

The referee was Bill Crombie a well know Hearts fan who worked at Edinburgh Council.
He had been all set to go up and watch Hearts win the league when he got a very late call to take charge of the game.
They probably should have had a penalty early doors ,he later admitted that normally he would have given it but didn't want to be accused of being biased . :LOL:
He worked at reception at Chesser House just off Gorgie Road , think he got moved because half the visitors wanted to strangle him

Robbo , medals and Sandy Clark are priceless viewing..

I could watch that all night....

StevieC
28-04-2020, 08:35 PM
“Mita” won the league, “Mita” won the cup

.. but they didn’t

PISTOL1875
28-04-2020, 08:39 PM

.. but they didn’t

Colquhoun at the end --- '' because we deserved it '''

lord bunberry
28-04-2020, 08:43 PM
Is that the biggest bottle job in Scottish football history or was that when their players were high fiving fans when they were beating 9 man Inverness in the semi final with minutes to play?
Is this the game you mean? 9 men, 9 ****in men 🤣🤣🤣🤣
https://youtu.be/fjbjctH2sMo

Joe6-2
28-04-2020, 08:46 PM

.. but they didn’t

Forgot about Mita!

28-04-2020, 08:47 PM

Looks a clear penalty. What a shame.

No sign of Levein for the interviews 20 years later. Must've had the squits when they were filming so was reliving that day too.

Joe6-2
28-04-2020, 08:49 PM
‘Hibsed’ it
How they can use that I will never know!!
😂😂😂😂😂😂

PISTOL1875
28-04-2020, 08:52 PM
Looks a clear penalty. What a shame.

No sign of Levein for the interviews 20 years later. Must've had the squits when they were filming so was reliving that day too.

Would've been fantastic to hear what the others had said about Leven not making it that day..

Especially medals.....

Since452
28-04-2020, 09:13 PM
Is this the game you mean? 9 men, 9 ****in men 🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's the one 😂

Kato
28-04-2020, 09:15 PM
Is that the biggest bottle job in Scottish football history or was that when their players were high fiving fans when they were beating 9 man Inverness in the semi final with minutes to play?Possibly when they were beating us 2-0 at Tiny in the SC and their fans were singing "Stubbsy, Stubbsy".

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Kato
28-04-2020, 09:19 PM
‘Hibsed’ it
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Jambottlers

Since452
28-04-2020, 09:34 PM
‘Hibsed’ it
😂😂😂😂😂😂

Hearts are the biggest bottlers in world football

Pagan Hibernia
28-04-2020, 09:51 PM
1986 will never ever be beaten in terms of last minute collapses. To lose in the way they did was unique and the fact that people still talk about it after all this time shows how momentous it was. They then went on to follow it up the next Saturday with a proper ****ging from the Sheep at Hampden in the Scottish Cup final. From double winners to total flumps. Well done Hearts. We will always remember as will you!

celtics collapse at Motherwell in 05 would have been hilarious were it not for the fact we had the spectacle of the other arse cheek celebrating on our patch.

but 1986... well it was just perfect in every way.

Smartie
28-04-2020, 10:24 PM
Genuine question - I've just watched the 1986 That was the team that was episode (again).

How come they had "Mita" on their shirts but the song was about them being the chunky chicken champions? Did they change sponsors, or just have a shirt sponsor and another sponsor? Did they not want to counter the ridiculous badge and the shiny silver top with a horrifically stupid sounding sponsor?

tamig
28-04-2020, 10:40 PM
Genuine question - I've just watched the 1986 That was the team that was episode (again).

How come they had "Mita" on their shirts but the song was about them being the chunky chicken champions? Did they change sponsors, or just have a shirt sponsor and another sponsor? Did they not want to counter the ridiculous badge and the shiny silver top with a horrifically stupid sounding sponsor?

Mita Copiers were there shirt sponsor. They brought out a celebratory Championship winning record a few weeks before the momentous day. Marshalls Chunky Chicken sponsored the B side of the top hit and said song bore the name of the sponsors.

Kato
28-04-2020, 11:48 PM
Chicken https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200428/644017034aacdaf307b8e9c8adb310bc.jpg

Bostonhibby
29-04-2020, 08:37 AM
Robbo , medals and Sandy Clark are priceless viewing..

I could watch that all night...."A season of second prizes"

And the Duncan's equivalent of an exuberant pitch invasion at Dens Park.

Pleasing, as they say.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

h1bs4life
29-04-2020, 09:45 AM
That Hun #### Alex McDonald face , nearly greeting :lolrangers:
Mind him coming out the tunnel in 2016 with Big Tony Higgins holding the cup between them, then McDonald snatching it
away from Tony and holding it up and pointing to the Hun hoards.
Then after the final greeting in the press saying we shouldn't be allowed to keep the cup, be banned from Europe ,
probably thought we should be barred from world football...

Eyrie
29-04-2020, 10:53 AM
Colquhoun at the end --- '' because we deserved it '''

To which the only possible response is to quote Bill Parcells "You are what your record says you are".

For Hearts, that is applicable in both 1986 and 2020.

weecounty hibby
29-04-2020, 10:57 AM
To which the only possible response is to quote Bill Parcells "You are what your record says you are".

For Hearts, that is applicable in both 1986 and 2020.
Yip, they got exactly what they deserved. And should get the same this year. Even though they have spent the most to avoid being the worst, it's clearly not worked. Of ye pop Jambos!

Since452
29-04-2020, 11:05 AM
Hearts went into administration through overspending. Bawhair away from liquidation, paying players 15k+ per week and have still won less than Hibs over last half a century.

Heartsed it

Bostonhibby
29-04-2020, 11:16 AM
Hearts went into administration through overspending. Bawhair away from liquidation, paying players 15k+ per week and have still won less than Hibs over last half a century.

Heartsed itAye, but they've bumped more money off the poppy fund than us in the same period.

Since452
29-04-2020, 11:21 AM
Aye, but they've bumped more money off the poppy fund than us in the same period.

Embarrassing club

Waxy
29-04-2020, 11:31 AM
Embarrassing club

Jumped straight into the sack with Rangers now too.
Yuik.

vuefrom1875
29-04-2020, 12:56 PM
I love how bitter Clark is. Excellent digs from Kidd.

Clark,Hun.

vuefrom1875
29-04-2020, 12:57 PM

What a loser.

Correct, sitting with all his Hun pals.

portohibee
29-04-2020, 01:13 PM

Heartsed it

Aye but but 5-1 rudi and all that

CraigHibee
29-04-2020, 01:17 PM

epic viewing

portohibee
29-04-2020, 02:02 PM

That has brightened up my dreary Wednesday, great viewing

Since452
29-04-2020, 02:25 PM

Slightly concerning comment at 20:40 🤔