PDA

View Full Version : Happy Conrad Logan Day

SouthMoroccoStu
16-04-2019, 09:35 AM
3 years ago today, the Hibernian supporters were at Hampden Park for the Scottish Cup Semi Final and were introduced to Conrad Logan...

This was (probably) the single greatest debut in history of the club

SouthMoroccoStu
16-04-2019, 09:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=XdLK33NB4P8

AltheHibby
16-04-2019, 09:53 AM
3 years ago today, the Hibernian supporters were at Hampden Park for the Scottish Cup Semi Final and were introduced to Conrad Logan...

Ah. That Happy day when I realised that I wasn't the only goalkeeper that size. 😁

What a debut, what a legend.

Ronniekirk
16-04-2019, 09:56 AM

First Impressions count for Nothing in this instance When I saw he walking into the Pitch My instant reaction was he doesn’t look Fit
By the End he was the Hero of the Hour He kept us in game time and time again and then capped it all off by looking like he could save every penalty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs Fraggle
16-04-2019, 10:18 AM
One of the greatest debuts in a Hibs jersey I have seen, what a man - Hero :hibees

DarlingtonHibee
16-04-2019, 10:25 AM
One of the greatest debuts in a Hibs jersey I have seen, what a man - Hero :hibees

Legend, no more to be said.

My_Wife_Camille
16-04-2019, 10:25 AM
My first impressions were that he wasn't Mark Oxley so he was good enough for me:flag:

oldbutdim
16-04-2019, 10:29 AM
My first impressions were that he wasn't Mark Oxley so he was good enough for me:flag:

My first impression was that he had probably eaten Mark Oxley.

I wasn't confident at all.

Mind you, I told everyone that Henrik Larson was a huddy after my first impression of him too.

NC1875
16-04-2019, 11:16 AM
Was in a bar in Las Americas watching it. Remember a guy in Dundee Utd shorts laughing when Conrad walked out.

He quietly left after the penalties!

matty_f
16-04-2019, 11:30 AM
It was the day I could rightly claim to have a footballer's physique. :greengrin

He was immense that day, and what a part he played in one of the greatest moments in the club's history.

SouthMoroccoStu
16-04-2019, 11:33 AM
Was in a bar in Las Americas watching it. Remember a guy in Dundee Utd shorts laughing when Conrad walked out.

He quietly left after the penalties!

Oh that’s brilliant

bigwheel
16-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Thought in celebration I'd share the link to the Dundee United semi final thread.....

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?309596-Hibs-v-Dundee-Utd-match-updates/page2&highlight=match+updates

enjoy!

The 90+2
16-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Legend.

hibsbollah
16-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Thought in celebration I'd share the link to the Dundee United semi final thread.....

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?309596-Hibs-v-Dundee-Utd-match-updates/page2&highlight=match+updates

enjoy!

That was quite a read. Did I really call Logan 'the White Nade' when he walked on:nade::shocked: Not my finest hour. I like Pretty Boy calling him Matt Lucas :faf:

I was almost alone on the thread wanting Cummings kept on after his panenka miss. I still don't get the outrage about that; there is no less of a reason to try a panenka pen in a big game than any other time :confused: It's a justifiable technique, he just messed up the execution on the day.

Famous Fiver
16-04-2019, 12:22 PM
Conrad.

Quite simply.

Thank you.

Mick O'Rourke
16-04-2019, 12:40 PM
HE CAME ,HE SAW, HE CONQUERED.

Conrad singlehandedly got us to the Final.
Without his outstanding, unsurpassed display that day against United, the past 3 years would be so much different.

Hail to the Great Conrad

King of All Ireland and Leith !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7by4HbKrETg

16-04-2019, 02:03 PM
Absolutely incrediable story. 16 months out with injury, returns and becomes a hero on his debut then helps us finally win the SC after 114 years. Fairytale stuff.

An immortal Hibernian legend :not worth

Thank you, thank you, thank you Conrad :flag:

calumhibee1
16-04-2019, 02:46 PM
Absolute legend. :agree:

bigwheel
16-04-2019, 03:07 PM
That was quite a read. Did I really call Logan 'the White Nade' when he walked on:nade::shocked: Not my finest hour. I like Pretty Boy calling him Matt Lucas :faf:

I was almost alone on the thread wanting Cummings kept on after his panenka miss. I still don't get the outrage about that; there is no less of a reason to try a panenka pen in a big game than any other time :confused: It's a justifiable technique, he just messed up the execution on the day.

it is fun isn't it to read these after the event....a few dived in early with strong opinions...yet others were clearly trusting the coaches on the day....I recall my thoughts when I first saw him at Hampden..would have had egg on my face had I posted them on here...

Joe6-2
16-04-2019, 03:13 PM

Loved Onion saying, whoever goes through will be fodder in the final 😌

Iggy Pope
16-04-2019, 03:39 PM
Perhaps most interesting might be the amount of regular posters who chose to follow that thread rather than attending a semi final.
Anyone got a link to the Inverness replay thread? Bet a different goalie took a pasting on that one too.

Anyway, lovely watching Conrad’s exploits again.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2019, 03:55 PM
Great day out and it was the kind of story that our eventual cup win was always going to have. I had seen Logan play a development game a week or so before and he'd looked very nervy but alls well that ends well.

And for the record I stand my opinion that from a distance Logan does resemble Matt Lucas!

Smartie
16-04-2019, 04:13 PM
Perhaps most interesting might be the amount of regular posters who chose to follow that thread rather than attending a semi final.
Anyone got a link to the Inverness replay thread? Bet a different goalie took a pasting on that one too.

There has been a fair turnover of regular posters since then. A few names who seem to have have disappeared.

I clearly used to watch the game rather than post incessantly about what I was watching.

Here’s Lucy!
16-04-2019, 04:38 PM
It was the day I could rightly claim to have a footballer's physique. :greengrin

He was immense that day, and what a part he played in one of the greatest moments in the club's history.

To be honest, he's immense every day.

hibsbollah
16-04-2019, 04:39 PM

I'm not ashamed to say that an afternoon on the sofa in front of the live game with beer, Mexican food, a couple of friends and the kids seemed more attractive than another trek through to that bloody awful stadium...it'd only been a few weeks since I'd spent a couple of hundred quid getting to the League cup final only to get shafted by that latestaggies goal (plus my boy crying his eyes out saying 'we'll never win anything will we dad?). I also knew I wouldn't be attending the final even we got there. Logans performance goes down in history, and that penalty shootout was unforgettable, we all went Tonto round the living room and I wouldn't have changed a thing:aok:

hibsbollah
16-04-2019, 04:41 PM
To be honest, he's immense every day.

Not anymore. He's now got a BMI of 60, 28' waist, rippling muscles and is a torso model for a well known jeans manufacturer.

Here’s Lucy!
16-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Not anymore. He's now got a BMI of 60, 28' waist, rippling muscles and is a torso model for a well known jeans manufacturer.

Seriously?

hibsbollah
16-04-2019, 04:46 PM
Seriously?

:fibber:

Iggy Pope
16-04-2019, 04:47 PM
I'm not ashamed to say that an afternoon on the sofa in front of the live game with beer, Mexican food, a couple of friends and the kids seemed more attractive than another trek through to that bloody awful stadium...it'd only been a few weeks since I'd spent a couple of hundred quid getting to the League cup final only to get shafted by that latestaggies goal (plus my boy crying his eyes out saying 'we'll never win anything will we dad?). I also knew I wouldn't be attending the final even we got there. Logans performance goes down in history, and that penalty shootout was unforgettable, we all went Tonto round the living room and I wouldn't have changed a thing:aok:

You’re forgiven.

Here’s Lucy!
16-04-2019, 04:48 PM
:fibber:

:faf:

Here’s Lucy!
16-04-2019, 04:50 PM
You’re forgiven.

Bless you. :greengrin

ScottB
16-04-2019, 05:16 PM
The Fat Neuer. What a man.

hibsbollah
16-04-2019, 05:20 PM
You’re forgiven.

Grazie Papa:not worth

SouthMoroccoStu
16-04-2019, 06:46 PM
The Fat Neuer. What a man.

lol harsh

Iggy Pope
16-04-2019, 07:37 PM
Grazie Papa:not worth

South Bridge boys don’t get that often :greengrin

Onion
16-04-2019, 07:49 PM
Absolutely incrediable story. 16 months out with injury, returns and becomes a hero on his debut then helps us finally win the SC after 114 years. Fairytale stuff.

An immortal Hibernian legend :not worth

Thank you, thank you, thank you Conrad :flag:

Pale Rider. Came from nowhere, changed lives. Legend, hero, myth.

Iggy Pope
16-04-2019, 08:12 PM

Apart from the myth bit.

hibsbollah
16-04-2019, 08:14 PM

Wasn't that Josey Wales?

Swedish hibee
16-04-2019, 09:43 PM
I was watching online, puzzled who the heck he was!!! He showed me with that 1st save.. What a man. He got us to that final and I will love him forever.

lyonhibs
17-04-2019, 10:01 AM
Conrad Logan Day was also my wedding day. Watched the text updates of the penalties coming in literally minutes before my sainted wife walked up the aisle.

It was only later that I got to see the "stature" of the Polar Bear. Sheesh was he fat :greengrin

Absolute chubby hero though.

ScottB
17-04-2019, 11:51 AM
lol harsh

Meant from a place of love, I assure you 😀