PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon

The 90+2
14-04-2019, 09:33 AM
All the best for today. 👍

Hibernia&Alba
14-04-2019, 09:37 AM
His cup record with Celtic isn't great and they aren't playing with the fluidity they were with Rodgers. It's a huge day for Lennon: if he makes a mess of this, he won't get the job next season.

I think they will do it, but I'm not betting on it!

The 90+2
14-04-2019, 09:48 AM
They will win comfortably today.

Michael
14-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Aberdeen will win. Lennon can't beat them.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-04-2019, 10:47 AM
Don't think that Lennon is getting the job either way.

Hibee Mac
14-04-2019, 10:59 AM
He never seemed to excel in the cups with us either

Frazerbob
14-04-2019, 11:09 AM
He never seemed to excel in the cups with us either

He’s got about £50m worth of players at his disposal now.

SChibs
14-04-2019, 11:20 AM
Aberdeen will win. Lennon can't beat them.

He beat them last season

NAE NOOKIE
14-04-2019, 11:42 AM
The Scottish football supporter in me hopes Celtic get pumped today and I couldn't care less who their manager is … Celtic winning a treble treble would do our game absolutely no favours whatsoever.

The Hibs supporter in me wants them to win because they have a better chance of winning the final than Aberdeen would and for that reason and that reason alone I hope they get through.

wookie70
14-04-2019, 11:54 AM
Same for me. I'm thinking about Hibs. If Aberdeen or Hearts win the cup that could cost us Europe as well as bragging rights. It sticks in my craw but I want Celtic to win as that is the best result for us.

WeeRussell
14-04-2019, 01:00 PM
I won’t be wishing the Celtic manager all the best at any point, just as I don’t wish Scott Brown, Ian Murray etc etc best wishes when they’re no longer with us and at the old firm. That’s not a hatred, just normal.

I do hope Celtic win for for reasons discussed on another thread, but Lennon means nothing to me.

marinello59
14-04-2019, 01:04 PM
All the best for today. ��

Stuff wishing a Celtic manager the best of luck. They buy trophies there.

LancsHibs
14-04-2019, 01:10 PM
Couldn’t care less about Lennon now he’s left Hibs. Can’t stand the club he’s now employed by but hope they win just to stop Hertz winning please.

The 90+2
14-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Stuff wishing a Celtic manager the best of luck. They buy trophies there.

Stuff hearts winning the Scottish cup.

Jones28
14-04-2019, 01:55 PM
Cringe

marinello59
14-04-2019, 01:55 PM
Stuff hearts winning the Scottish cup.

I guess you’d be wishing SG good luck if Sevco were playing Aberdeen then because they are more likely to beat Hearts than the sheep. Each to their own, I don’t get why anybody would do grovelling to any Old Firm manager. They don’t need luck, the odds are vastly in their favour already.

Since452
14-04-2019, 02:12 PM
I guess you’d be wishing SG good luck if Sevco were playing Aberdeen then because they are more likely to beat Hearts than the sheep. Each to their own, I don’t get why anybody would do grovelling to any Old Firm manager. They don’t need luck, the odds are vastly in their favour already.

I'd have Rangers winning the cup over Hearts every time. Hate them with a passion but Hearts are our city rivals. I don't want Lennon doing well i just don't want Hearts winning the cup.

Vini1875
14-04-2019, 02:13 PM
What is of benefit to Hibs? That is the team I want to win.

marinello59
14-04-2019, 02:19 PM
I'd have Rangers winning the cup over Hearts every time. Hate them with a passion but Hearts are our city rivals. I don't want Lennon doing well i just don't want Hearts winning the cup.

That’s where I am. I want the best team possible playing Hearts so their chances of winning the cup are less.
But wishing a Celtic manager all the best? Not for me.

Diclonius
14-04-2019, 02:27 PM
Dear Lennon: If you can't beat THAT Hearts team in the final then you can forget about any remaining shred of goodwill towards you at Easter Road. :aok:

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2019, 02:28 PM
I dont think there are enough Neil Lennon threads started on here. :wink:

Since452
14-04-2019, 02:30 PM
That’s where I am. I want the best team possible playing Hearts so their chances of winning the cup are less.
But wishing a Celtic manager all the best? Not for me.

Yup. Hope he fails miserably in every game until they play that mob in the final where I'd dissapointed with anything less than a 6-0 Celtic win.

RIP Bestie
14-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Who?

Hibeesmad
14-04-2019, 05:59 PM
Lot of people claiming Lennon wouldn't go onto doing much after Hibs. On the verge of adding another two trophies to his collection. Hope Celtic spank Hearts in the final and we can secure a minimum of 4th place.

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2019, 06:01 PM
Lot of people claiming Lennon wouldn't go onto doing much after Hibs. On the verge of adding another two trophies to his collection. Hope Celtic spank Hearts in the final and we can secure a minimum of 4th place.

Oh yeah, these trophies have all been his hard work. He's had to win about 4 bloody games, don't be silly. Promotion with Hibs was the trophy in his career that was actually a little difficult.

calumhibee1
14-04-2019, 06:03 PM

He will be out of a job in the summer I’d suspect. It’ll be interesting to see who picks him up at that point.

hibsbollah
14-04-2019, 06:03 PM
Well done Neil, i actually prefer you to Hibs.

:fishin:

Marvellous
14-04-2019, 06:07 PM
Oh yeah, these trophies have all been his hard work. He's had to win about 4 bloody games, don't be silly. Promotion with Hibs was the trophy in his career that was actually a little difficult.

Celtic is a step up from Hibs, and a considerable one at that. I think that's probably what he meant, or at least part of it.

Hibeesmad
14-04-2019, 06:37 PM

I'm just stating facts. He beat Hibs at Easter Road, something Rodgers couldn't do. He's a great manager.

Hibeesmad
14-04-2019, 06:40 PM
He will be out of a job in the summer I’d suspect. It’ll be interesting to see who picks him up at that point.

He will be Celtic manager next season

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2019, 06:50 PM
I'm just stating facts. He beat Hibs at Easter Road, something Rodgers couldn't do. He's a great manager.

Sir Alex and Pep are great managers, not 3 wins in 15 bench Gray cant win at Tynecastle Neil Lennon.

Hibeesmad
14-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Sir Alex and Pep are great managers, not 3 wins in 15 bench Gray cant win at Tynecastle Neil Lennon.

Not many managers have won more trophies than Lennon in Scotland. Literally won at Tynecastle on his first match back at Celtic not too long ago.

TrinityHibs
14-04-2019, 06:52 PM

I hope he is. That’s a step back for Celtc

Hibeesmad
14-04-2019, 06:58 PM
I hope he is. That’s a step back for Celtc

Time will tell

Since452
14-04-2019, 07:04 PM
Lets not forget Lennon had us 8th and in freefall. He's taken over the most dominant group of players in decades. This is still Brendan Rodgers Celtic.

marinello59
14-04-2019, 07:04 PM

Not many managers have won more trophies than Lennon in Scotland. Literally won at Tynecastle on his first match back at Celtic not too long ago.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Hibs fan have a crush like this on an Old Firm manager.:greengrin
All he is doing is steering Brendan Rogers’ ship home.

Hibeesmad
14-04-2019, 07:18 PM
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Hibs fan have a crush like this on an Old Firm manager.:greengrin
All he is doing is steering Brendan Rogers’ ship home.

It's no so much a crush, I just have a lot of respect for Lennon as a coach and also as a person. Last summer, my friend had been suffering from severe depression and anxiety, Lennon found out about this through various people and Lennon was insistent on wanting to get in touch with my friend and eventually did, he had a long chat with my friend and invited him to a few games as well as giving him signed shirts and offering him a lot of support and advice, giving my friend major confidence in rebuilding his mental strength. Just from small gestures like this where a lot of people don't see this side to Lennon and also how he has coped with everything him and his family have been through over the years, I find inspirational. When I see a lot of people run him down when he has had a successful career and overall did a great job with Hibs, I find it difficult to not stick up for him.

marinello59
14-04-2019, 07:22 PM
It's no so much a crush, I just have a lot of respect for Lennon as a coach and also as a person. Last summer, my friend had been suffering from severe depression and anxiety, Lennon found out about this through various people and Lennon was insistent on wanting to get in touch with my friend and eventually did, he had a long chat with my friend and invited him to a few games as well as giving him signed shirts and offering him a lot of support and advice, giving my friend major confidence in rebuilding his mental strength. Just from small gestures like this where a lot of people don't see this side to Lennon and also how he has coped with everything him and his family have been through over the years, I find inspirational. When I see a lot of people run him down when he has had a successful career and overall did a great job with Hibs, I find it difficult to not stick up for him.

I do have a lot of respect for him the way he deals with off field stuff. And for a while I was convinced he was going to be the best manager we have had in my lifetime.
But he really is just keeping what Brenda’s Rogers set up ticking over. And even if he wasn’t the financial advantage he enjoys at that odious club makes his job a hell a lot easier than most managers in Scotland.

calumhibee1
14-04-2019, 07:24 PM

I don’t think anyone’s (or at least many) ever questioned whether he’s a nice guy or not. Folk are critical of the way we were going, that’s about it. I’m not sure I’d class his job at Hibs as great overall but we’ll all have our own opinions on that.

I still don’t think he’ll be Celtic manager next season and as someone else said, if he is then it’ll be a big step backwards for them.

Hibeesmad
14-04-2019, 07:26 PM
I do have a lot of respect for him the way he deals with off field stuff. And for a while I was convinced he was going to be the best manager we have had in my lifetime.
But he really is just keeping what Brenda’s Rogers set up ticking over. And even if he wasn’t the financial advantage he enjoys at that odious club makes his job a hell a lot easier than most managers in Scotland.

I agree he is currently just seeing the season out but from a few Celtic I know they seem to think there will be a massive overhaul in the summer with players leaving and coming on. Lennon will then bring his own style. As I said earlier, time will tell in terms of how he gets on but I wouldn't wish bad on the bloke.

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2019, 07:28 PM

I think many have actually. At least 10 will have. O'Neil, Stein, Eck, Ferguson, Smith, Strachan? Maley, Struth, Symon, Rogers just some.

Lennon has only won 5, only one with Rangers as competition and they bust and lost a massive lead didn't they?

Hibeesmad
14-04-2019, 07:29 PM
I don’t think anyone’s (or at least many) ever questioned whether he’s a nice guy or not. Folk are critical of the way we were going, that’s about it. I’m not sure I’d class his job at Hibs as great overall but we’ll all have our own opinions on that.

I still don’t think he’ll be Celtic manager next season and as someone else said, if he is then it’ll be a big step backwards for them.

Fair enough, I respect you opinions as much as anyone else's. I've made clear that I thought his achievements in his time at Hibs including promotion, European football and introducing the likes of Porteous, Shaw and Mackie brought great times at the club but there are no right or wrong answers it's a game of opinions.

Hibeesmad
14-04-2019, 07:31 PM
I think many have actually. At least 10 will have. O'Neil, Stein, Eck, Ferguson, Smith, Strachan? Maley, Struth, Symon, Rogers just some.

Lennon has only won 5, only one with Rangers as competition and they bust and lost a massive lead didn't they?

Sorry I should have stated that I meant in most recent times. At this current moment through every league in Scotland I think he has won more major trophies than any other manager, maybe I'm wrong.

Waxy
14-04-2019, 07:40 PM
Its about time Celtic and The Rangers tried to join the English leagues again.

J-C
15-04-2019, 10:35 AM

Decent bloke who had his own demons but is only just an average manager who lived off one jammy result against Barca, doing what everyone did against them and hitting on the counterattack. His man management is poor and tactically at times naive. Good luck in whatever he does but his time hese has gone and we gave I feel a better head coach in place.