PDA

View Full Version : Hearts cup winners

madabouthibs
13-04-2019, 10:32 PM
Should we give them a guard of honour for winning the Scottish Cup in April??
😂😂😂

Jack
13-04-2019, 10:54 PM
I'm hearing celtc and the sheep have already conceded.

How could they possibly cope against such exotic hoofball.

Hibeesmad
13-04-2019, 11:11 PM
Bus parade to celebrate their double at the end of the season

Diclonius
13-04-2019, 11:12 PM
Let's wait until after the game eh.

Since452
13-04-2019, 11:19 PM
Providing Celtic win tomorrow Hearts wont win the cup but they'll an epic day out which makes me sick.

heretoday
13-04-2019, 11:20 PM
Should we give them a guard of honour for winning the Scottish Cup in April??
😂😂😂

A guard of laughter more like after they've been horsed in the final.

neil7908
14-04-2019, 04:45 AM
Is this the easiest route to a cup final ever?

Have this nagging feeling that they could sneak it. Thats just the kind of thing they do.

Salisbury Hibby
14-04-2019, 05:03 AM

Have this nagging feeling that they could sneak it. Thats just the kind of thing they do.Yes. Aberdeen to get by Celtic in ET or on penalties, then collapse spectacularly in the final.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Skol
14-04-2019, 05:47 AM
I may be mistaken but I’d this not the second time hearts have won the league and cup double.

Dashing Bob S
14-04-2019, 06:24 AM
Hearts have a chance. Lenny is great ‘punch above your weight in the big games’ manager (Us v OF, Celtic v Barca) but gets frustrated when his teams don’t perform domestically (Us v bottom six, Celtic in domestic cup games). His Celtic teams have gone to sleep at the wheel in cup games in the past. He has A’deen and Hearts at Hampden to get past for the treble. It’s by no means certain he’ll pull it off. Rodgers would never have led Celtic to a win against Barcelona but would have been a safer pair of hands for this task.

I can only hope he’s still season one Lenny where the dressing loves him, rather than the season two version where he starts alienating them. Yes I want Celtic to win it as it’s meaningless and makes us the last proper side in Scotland to win a domestic tournament.

MacGruber
14-04-2019, 06:44 AM
They have had a cake walk to the final. They needed it too as they are awful and have been for some time now following their great start in the first 10 games or so. They would be nowhere near the final if it wasn't for the spawniest run in ever but make no mistake anything can happen on the day and they have a shot now - as much of a slap in the face to the game of football that would be.

wearethehibs
14-04-2019, 06:47 AM
Obvolioisly don't want them to win but it wouldn't really bother me if they do win it.

Before 2016 I'd feel sick at the thought of them winning it and lording it over us, cause we hadn't won it in so long. But that day changed so much.

KeithTheHibby
14-04-2019, 07:17 AM
Providing Celtic win tomorrow Hearts wont win the cup but they'll an epic day out which makes me sick.

It’s only an epic day out until the opposition score, we of all clubs should know that. 2016 being the exception 🏆🏆🇳🇬🇳🇬

Paisley Hibby
14-04-2019, 07:33 AM
Should be Celtic in the final. If so let's think. Is your money on a fast, free flowing Celtic team going for the Treble Treble on a big wide pitch or the team whose Plan A is hoofball and have no other plan ever?

Smartie
14-04-2019, 07:35 AM
TBH the best part of reaching the cup final is the build-up to it. From this moment on they know they've got a cup final to look forward to and that irrespective of who they are playing they are 90 minutes away from winning a cup against a team that they can beat.

That was what I liked best about our success in the competition in recent years, even if the finals themselves were normally different shades of let-down.

I hope they get pumped silly in the final, but if they win it will hardly ruin my life. I won't be in my bed at 5pm, put it that way.

Especially if we beat them next week and finish above them in the league.

we are hibs
14-04-2019, 07:37 AM
If it's Celtic I think they'll win and win with a bit to spare. Hearts best chance is today. If Aberdeen win they have a great chance. The thing is though, as soon as it's the day of the final history tells us levein's arse will collapse and he will play 10 defenders. He's scared of losing more than hes excited about winning. Its a natural reaction to having never won a single winners medal in his entire 50 odd years on the planet.

Either way I won't be watching it with any hearts fans just incase..

Waxy
14-04-2019, 07:38 AM
Celtic would probably win the cup around 4 out of 5 times from this position.

we are hibs
14-04-2019, 07:39 AM
Should be Celtic in the final. If so let's think. Is your money on a fast, free flowing Celtic team going for the Treble Treble on a big wide pitch or the team whose Plan A is hoofball and have no other plan ever?

Celtic haven't been fast and free flowing under Lennon though. They've been as turgid as we were for most of this season under him. Devoid of a plan B and more direct than needs be. That said they would have enough to put hearts away.

Paisley Hibby
14-04-2019, 07:42 AM
Celtic haven't been fast and free flowing under Lennon though. They've been as turgid as we were for most of this season under him. Devoid of a plan B and more direct than needs be.

While I agree with you, I think the final will be different. It will probably be Lennon's last game in charge and Celtic have the players to really go for it.

Gloucester Hibs
14-04-2019, 07:50 AM

Have this nagging feeling that they could sneak it. Thats just the kind of thing they do.

We had an easy pathway to the final in 2015, and had we beaten Falkirk in the semi, we’d have played ICT in the final.

Jones28
14-04-2019, 07:51 AM
We had an easy pathway to the final in 2015, and had we beaten Falkirk in the semi, we’d have played ICT in the final.

We were in the championship at the time too mind

danhibees1875
14-04-2019, 08:11 AM

Alloa, Arbroath, Berwick rangers, Falkirk, Inverness.

I'd rather have not won the cup than won it that way. :duck:

BILLYHIBS
14-04-2019, 08:32 AM
Just booked a holiday to be out of the country in case the worst happens :greengrin

Sir David Gray
14-04-2019, 08:38 AM
This is something that I do not even want to contemplate.

I've never taken an interest in Celtic's treble treble before now but I now hope they do it!

jax67
14-04-2019, 08:41 AM
I may be mistaken but I’d this not the second time hearts have won the league and cup double.

Yes, and that’s only this season.

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2019, 08:56 AM
Alloa, Arbroath, Berwick rangers, Falkirk, Inverness.

I'd rather have not won the cup than won it that way. :duck:

I'll take that draw every season.

Hibernia&Alba
14-04-2019, 09:00 AM
I think we should bear in mind they are in the final and this **** is getting serious. It will be horrendous if they win it.

lyonhibs
14-04-2019, 09:07 AM
I think we should bear in mind they are in the final and this **** is getting serious. It will be horrendous if they win it.

Quite. I'll have a giggle at Hearts not winning the Cup when, and only when, they have definitively not won it.

Until that time, there is no humour in Hearts being in the SC Final.

Davy Mac
14-04-2019, 09:12 AM
Can't believe the number of Hertz acquaintances that are suddenly appearing on social media gloating about their win yesterday after disappearing all season.

Hibbyradge
14-04-2019, 09:13 AM
I think they will win it.

Hibernia&Alba
14-04-2019, 09:14 AM

Reported :agree::greengrin

Onion
14-04-2019, 09:26 AM
This is something that I do not even want to contemplate.

I've never taken an interest in Celtic's treble treble before now but I now hope they do it!

If it is Celtic v Hearts then that’s huge for the Huns too. Celtic winning the T3 would sicken the Huns. But the opposite is also true, a win for Hearts would delight Sevco, especially with Lennon on charge.

If Aberdeen win today, then Hearts are huge favourites for the Cup. The Dons are the worst form of bottle merchants in Scotland.

Spike Mandela
14-04-2019, 09:27 AM
Not sure if I am alone or not but since we had our amazing day in 2016 I really don’t care about Hearts’ cup exploits unless they are playing us. Used to bother me when we had terrible luck in the competition but now it doesn’t bother me. Maybe getting soft in my old age.😀

Celtic in the final and they would likely lose it but could sneak it, could also get a doing of course. Aberdeen in the final and it’s anybody’s but they do have a good record against Aberdeen. But, Hearts aren’t a great footballing side and Aberdeen would fancy their chances.

Either way, let them have their day in the sun. If they win they win, if they lose they lose. Doesn’t change one thing at Hibs and I like the way our club’s future is looking.

The 90+2
14-04-2019, 09:32 AM

Get the pliers for my toes and I’ll trade if ok?

Eyrie
14-04-2019, 09:33 AM
If Aberdeen win today then it will be further proof that the Jambos are the jammiest gits possible.

Look at their opponents this season - Livingston, Auchinleck Talbot, Partick Thistle, Inverness. One non-league and two lower division teams. Home ties for the first two games and a replay win at home for the third.

If it wasn't for the Levein factor, they should just be given the trophy today.

Sir David Gray
14-04-2019, 09:40 AM
Not sure if I am alone or not but since we had our amazing day in 2016 I really don’t care about Hearts’ cup exploits unless they are playing us. Used to bother me when we had terrible luck in the competition but now it doesn’t bother me. Maybe getting soft in my old age.😀

Celtic in the final and they would likely lose it but could sneak it, could also get a doing of course. Aberdeen in the final and it’s anybody’s but they do have a good record against Aberdeen. But, Hearts aren’t a great footballing side and Aberdeen would fancy their chances.

Either way, let them have their day in the sun. If they win they win, if they lose they lose. Doesn’t change one thing at Hibs and I like the way our club’s future is looking.

I don't get that mentality at all but each to their own. I don't want Hearts to win anything.

Hibernia&Alba
14-04-2019, 09:40 AM
We all know that, if they win it, thousands of them will suddenly appear from nowhere, slavering about the 'big cup' and their 'special relationship' as a 'big club'. It can't happen.

green day
14-04-2019, 09:51 AM

I would accept that viewpoint if they didnt immediately say pish like "we won it in 98 v huns, won it v gretna, won it v hibs, won it this year - clearly we are the big team, blah, blah, blah blah...."

No thanks, get that talk in the ****in bin where it belongs

Onion
14-04-2019, 10:01 AM
I don't get that mentality at all but each to their own. I don't want Hearts to win anything.

I’m with SDG. What Hibs do is infinitely more important than what happens to Hearts. Us winning is 2016 for older Hibbies was like reaching your goal at the end of a long pilgrimage, finding salvation at the end of it. Contrast and compare with Hearts fans whose whole world revolves around Hibs fortunes. It’s an itch they cannot scratch and our Cup win has made their tiny hate-filled lives virtually meaningless. They really don’t care about winning the Cup, other than using that to try annoy Hibs fans. Most of them would choose a win against Hibs in 2 weeks time over a cup win, that’s how deep the hurt runs.

B.H.F.C
14-04-2019, 10:10 AM
I don’t like the thought of Hearts winning a league game against Hamilton, never mind the thought of them winning the cup.

If they win the cup it would be horrible watching and listening to them.

Obviously what Hibs achieve is more important to me. But it’s unlikely we’ll achieve anything significant this season and I certainly don’t want them to.

14-04-2019, 10:12 AM
We all know that, if they win it, thousands of them will suddenly appear from nowhere, slavering about the 'big cup' and their 'special relationship' as a 'big club'. It can't happen.

Expect that sort of chat for the next 6 weeks, particularly if Aberdeen win today.

Steve-O
14-04-2019, 10:12 AM

The easiest route since their 1998 route.

The dalmeny
14-04-2019, 10:16 AM

no you aren’t, too much effort spent by some moaning about ‘them’

Spike Mandela
14-04-2019, 10:22 AM

I don’t want them to win either, just don’t really care that much if they do anymore. Subtle difference in my mindset from a few years ago.

Hibbyradge
14-04-2019, 10:47 AM
Get the pliers for my toes and I’ll trade if ok?

I have no idea what that means! :hilarious:

Weegreenman
14-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Not liking this thread one bit. They have a chance and that worries me. :worried:

Sir David Gray
14-04-2019, 10:49 AM
I don’t want them to win either, just don’t really care that much if they do anymore. Subtle difference in my mindset from a few years ago.

Nah I care I don't want them to win any trophies and if they do it would put me in a mood for days.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-04-2019, 10:50 AM
Celtic or Aberdeen will beat Hearts. The real shame is that it is not us squaring up to Aberdeen at Hampden today.

Spike Mandela
14-04-2019, 11:09 AM
Nah I care I don't want them to win any trophies and if they do it would put me in a mood for days.

That’s fine. Enjoy your agonising.😉

Tug Wilson
14-04-2019, 11:17 AM
Puts real pressure on us to beat them at Easter Road and make sure that we finish above them in the league.

Even if they lose every one of the last 5 league games their mantra will be "We have a cup final to look forward to".

We will just have to suck it up and hope that Celtic or Aberdeen will beat them in the final. If we manage to get to 4th it would be galling to see Hearts get Europe instead of us.

Pete
14-04-2019, 11:44 AM

You aren’t alone. Don’t get all this dread regarding them winning it.

It’s got nothing to do with us.

green day
14-04-2019, 11:46 AM
Puts real pressure on us to beat them at Easter Road and make sure that we finish above them in the league.

Even if they lose every one of the last 5 league games their mantra will be "We have a cup final to look forward to".

We will just have to suck it up and hope that Celtic or Aberdeen will beat them in the final. If we manage to get to 4th it would be galling to see Hearts get Europe instead of us.

?

eta -see what you mean............I am assuming Celtic win today !

hibee316
14-04-2019, 11:56 AM

It might happen though.

If it ruins your day, week or month or whatever, says more about you than it does about the Hearts fans.

hibee316
14-04-2019, 11:58 AM

Same here.
I hated them winning it as we had never experienced that feeling and was jealous to be honest!

After finally having experienced it, I really don't begrudge Hearts fans if they do win it and they are over the moon.

Pete
14-04-2019, 11:59 AM

They already do that 😂

Diclonius
14-04-2019, 12:02 PM
As with England last year, I'll spend a good while mentally preparing for the event in which Hearts may win the Scottish Cup.

If it actually happens then TV's off and the curtains are closed for a good week or so.

Joe6-2
14-04-2019, 12:09 PM
Hearts have a chance. Lenny is great ‘punch above your weight in the big games’ manager (Us v OF, Celtic v Barca) but gets frustrated when his teams don’t perform domestically (Us v bottom six, Celtic in domestic cup games). His Celtic teams have gone to sleep at the wheel in cup games in the past. He has A’deen and Hearts at Hampden to get past for the treble. It’s by no means certain he’ll pull it off. Rodgers would never have led Celtic to a win against Barcelona but would have been a safer pair of hands for this task.

I can only hope he’s still season one Lenny where the dressing loves him, rather than the season two version where he starts alienating them. Yes I want Celtic to win it as it’s meaningless and makes us the last proper side in Scotland to win a domestic tournament.

Agree totally, that is my concern, Lennon!

Fife-Hibee
14-04-2019, 12:29 PM
How did they draw such an easy set of rounds? :confused: Their toughest game was against Livingston 4 rounds ago.

Since452
14-04-2019, 02:18 PM
Not too concerned about Lennon against Hearts in the final. The Celtic players win when it matters and have done so every time for the last 3 seasons. Lennon is just steering Rodgers ship. And Lennons Celtic comprehensively beat us in the final back in 2013. If Hearts are to win the cup they'll need a minor miracle.

GordonHFC
14-04-2019, 02:46 PM

Half day 😁

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-04-2019, 03:16 PM
No chance the Jambos will beat a treble, treble chasing Celtc team at a Hampden Final, especially with the serial loser Levein in charge. This could be another 5-1 final, if Hertz are lucky enough to score a goal.

Since452
14-04-2019, 03:18 PM
No chance the Jambos will beat a treble, treble chasing Celtc team at a Hampden Final, especially with the serial loser Levein in charge. This could be another 5-1 final, if Hertz are lucky enough to score a goal.

Karma is due a Hearts a visit right enough. Maybe worth a wee sky diver on that score

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-04-2019, 03:37 PM
Sitting in a Jambo pub, they're all giving it I'm glad we're playing Celtic, wtf? 🙄

JSR1875
14-04-2019, 03:42 PM
Sitting in a Jambo pub, they're all giving it I'm glad we're playing Celtic, wtf? 🙄

Haha **** that, leave and don’t return til after they have been pumped in the final !

Since452
14-04-2019, 04:21 PM

They're lying then. They'll be absolutely spewing. Pumped off Neil Lennon in a final.

Keith_M
14-04-2019, 05:06 PM
I'm sure they'll have a lovely day out at the Final.

Since90+2
14-04-2019, 06:07 PM
Hearts are Celtic's bitches , on and off the park , and their fans know it. They'll get absolutely hammered.

Pleasing.

Cod Boy
14-04-2019, 06:08 PM
All going to plan they will see Celtic lifting 2 trophies against them in 6 days.

Hibernia&Alba
14-04-2019, 06:12 PM
Their chances of winning the cup have diminished considerably today. Celtic just need one good performance for a historic run of domestic trophies and will be very fired up.

Of course anything can happen in a cup final and a huge shock is possible; however, it's only a slim chance they have. Their long ball battering ram approach won't work against Celtic on that big pitch. Levein has already booked his trap in the cludgie.

Hibernia&Alba
14-04-2019, 06:21 PM
Another positive is that I can now watch the final. Had the opposition been Aberdeen, I wouldn't have watched, because I'd be expecting the Dons to bottle it. Now I'm looking forward to the camera shot of the Hearts end when they are 3-0 down with ten minutes left, and there's some morbidly obese, toothless oaf greetin' like a new born. The quiet pleasure one gets from those moments is wonderful.

Zazu62
14-04-2019, 06:23 PM
Biggest game of Leveins life

Since90+2
14-04-2019, 06:23 PM
I've spoke to two Hearts fans today and they both said Celtic will do them. That's their mentality.

Iggy Pope
14-04-2019, 06:24 PM

He’s had those already.

Joe6-2
14-04-2019, 06:28 PM
I've spoke to two Hearts fans today and they both said Celtic will do them. That's their mentality.

Yeah of course they will, full of that stuff maroon reminds you off!!

Since90+2
14-04-2019, 06:32 PM
Yeah of course they will, full of that stuff maroon reminds you off!!

Celtic in Glasgow is an instant *****bag for Hearts. We know it, they it and Scottish football knows it.

The media will talk it up but it will be a massacre and even those in maroon deep down know it.

jgl07
14-04-2019, 06:50 PM
Anyone else notice the mega crowd attracted to Hampden by the Champions elect?

20,011 is not to be sniffed at.

Hibernia&Alba
14-04-2019, 06:56 PM

To be fair, didn't Hearts sell 18,000 tickets? Pitiful turnout from up north, but a ridiculous kick off time for them. 12:15 was a terrible decision.

Since452
14-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Hearts haven't played a decent team in any round. Freakish draw for them. They'll now be playing a Celtic side going for the treble treble. I better get the popcorn in. They'll wish Auchinleck had knocked them out.

jgl07
14-04-2019, 07:02 PM
To be fair, didn't Hearts sell 18,000 tickets? Pitiful turnout from up north, but a ridiculous kick off time for them. 12:15 was a terrible decision.
What happened to the other 242,000?

I do agree about the kick off time and the location. They could have matched that in Aberdeen.

vuefrom1875
14-04-2019, 07:16 PM

Aside from dens park😃😃😃

Sammy7nil
14-04-2019, 07:50 PM
Obvolioisly don't want them to win but it wouldn't really bother me if they do win it.

Before 2016 I'd feel sick at the thought of them winning it and lording it over us, cause we hadn't won it in so long. But that day changed so much.

Exactly how I feel I don't want them to win I could not give monkeys if they do. May 2016 changed everything.

In a weird way I would rather they won the Scottish cup than the league cup.

Sir David Gray
14-04-2019, 08:01 PM
I really can't fathom this mindset of "not giving a monkeys" if Hearts win the Scottish Cup.

1-They'll be in Europe
2-They'll make additional revenue
3-They'll win their 9th Scottish Cup - 6 more than us.
4-They'll be the team to stop Celtic's historic treble treble. Whilst I don't care about Celtic achieving that, if they weren't to do it I'd rather Hearts weren't the team to stop them.

I cannot understand any Hibs fan not being bothered by the prospect of Hearts winning the cup.

Sammy7nil
14-04-2019, 08:06 PM
I really can't fathom this mindset of "not giving a monkeys" if Hearts win the Scottish Cup.

1-They'll be in Europe
2-They'll make additional revenue
3-They'll win their 9th Scottish Cup - 6 more than us.
4-They'll be the team to stop Celtic's historic treble treble. Whilst I don't care about Celtic achieving that, if they weren't to do it I'd rather Hearts weren't the team to stop them.

I cannot understand any Hibs fan not being bothered by the prospect of Hearts winning the cup.

Calm down no one wants them to win full stop . If they do win who cares there is nothing we can do and it is not so gutting now we have won the cup.

Hibeesmad
14-04-2019, 08:10 PM
I didn't watch the game today but glanced at the stats and saw Aberdeen had 0 shots on target and 0 corners compared to Celtic's 10 shots on target and 10 corners. I know Aberdeen went down to 9 men but it seemed like they got hammered. Hopefully similar fate for Hearts. A spanking in the final and a 6th place finish below your rivals after being about 12 points ahead at one point would be a good laugh wouldn't it Craig.

Sir David Gray
14-04-2019, 08:12 PM
Calm down no one wants them to win full stop . If they do win who cares there is nothing we can do and it is not so gutting now we have won the cup.

I'm very calm thanks. :aok:

I just can't understand why anyone of a Hibs persuasion wouldn't care about Hearts winning the cup. I just find that very strange but each to their own.

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2019, 08:12 PM
I didn't watch the game today but glanced at the stats and saw Aberdeen had 0 shots on target and 0 corners compared to Celtic's 10 shots on target and 10 corners. I know Aberdeen went down to 9 men but it seemed like they got hammered. Hopefully similar fate for Hearts. A spanking in the final and a 6th place finish below your rivals after being about 12 points ahead at one point would be a good laugh wouldn't it Craig.

If only ''Lenny'' could do that to Aberdeen with Hibs.

Hibeesmad
14-04-2019, 08:15 PM
If only ''Lenny'' could do that to Aberdeen with Hibs.

He did last season at Easter Road

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43013098

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2019, 08:16 PM
He did last season at Easter Road

Yes, a solid 1 from 8? games.

Antonyopus
14-04-2019, 08:49 PM
Caution required in all of this. This is exactly what the Hearts fans were saying when we reached the final in 2016 v Rangers. Remember the posts that were then served up here when we won. This is a one off game and I seem to remember the last time Hearts played one of the old firm in the cup final....a Rangers win was inevitable. Let's please leave talk of popcorn etc until 445 or 515 or even after that on 25 May. I thought that Hibs name was on the cup in 2016. We rode our luck at times(remembers JCs dink penalty). We just do not know what will happen but what we ceratainly do not want is Egg on our faces that will be rubbed in with real pleasure in case the unthinkable happens.

Sir David Gray
14-04-2019, 09:07 PM
Caution required in all of this. This is exactly what the Hearts fans were saying when we reached the final in 2016 v Rangers. Remember the posts that were then served up here when we won. This is a one off game and I seem to remember the last time Hearts played one of the old firm in the cup final....a Rangers win was inevitable. Let's please leave talk of popcorn etc until 445 or 515 or even after that on 25 May. I thought that Hibs name was on the cup in 2016. We rode our luck at times(remembers JCs dink penalty). We just do not know what will happen but what we ceratainly do not want is Egg on our faces that will be rubbed in with real pleasure in case the unthinkable happens.

Celtic are a far better team than Rangers were in 2016 thankfully.

If Celtic play at the top of their game, they'll win. If they're off it then Hearts have a chance.

Hibeesmad
14-04-2019, 09:16 PM
Celtic are a far better team than Rangers were in 2016 thankfully.

If Celtic play at the top of their game, they'll win. If they're off it then Hearts have a chance.

Hearts will go into it with 11 men behind the ball hoping to get Celtic on a set piece, that tactic didn't work for them at Murrayfield and I don't think it will work again. 5-0 Celtic and Hibs to be confirmed as Europa League participants next season would be brilliant.

Hibeesmad
14-04-2019, 09:38 PM
Just remembered that Leigh Griffiths is back in training. He will have an eye on making an impact in the final no doubt :aok:

dchibs
14-04-2019, 09:43 PM
I'm very calm thanks. :aok:

I just can't understand why anyone of a Hibs persuasion wouldn't care about Hearts winning the cup. I just find that very strange but each to their own.

I'm 100% with you on that one.:greengrin

dchibs
14-04-2019, 09:52 PM

That cant be right a yam I know told me 11 days ago that they had sold 20,000 tickets must have sold another 11 before the KO and no ICT supporters turned up.

Finn2015
15-04-2019, 12:46 AM
Don’t love celtic in any way shape or form but I’ll admit it, I’m a fan on the 25th

Since452
15-04-2019, 04:34 AM
Don’t love celtic in any way shape or form but I’ll admit it, I’m a fan on the 25th

Every Hibs fan will be, or should be. I'd rather repeatedly punch myself in the face while watching Alan Carr than have them win the cup.

Steve20
15-04-2019, 05:31 AM
Really hope Celtic beat them. If Hearts do win, and they’ve got a real chance, it wouldn’t bother me as much as it would have before 2016. I’d still be raging mind.

The concern is that Lennon isn’t really that good at Hampden and it was still 0-0 before Aberdeen got their first red card.

Since452
15-04-2019, 05:52 AM
Really hope Celtic beat them. If Hearts do win, and they’ve got a real chance, it wouldn’t bother me as much as it would have before 2016. I’d still be raging mind.

The concern is that Lennon isn’t really that good at Hampden and it was still 0-0 before Aberdeen got their first red card.

Celtic aren't losing that final

Onion
15-04-2019, 06:39 AM
Celtic aren't losing that final

Love these predictions :greengrin

Celtic will be the hottest favourites since that well-rested, all-conquering, party-planning, Championship winning Rangers team beat that knackered, devastated, cup final fodder mob from Leith :gwa:

Since452
15-04-2019, 06:42 AM
Love these predictions :greengrin

Celtic will be the hottest favourites since that well-rested, all-conquering, party-planning, Championship winning Rangers team beat that knackered, devastated, cup final fodder mob from Leith :gwa:

To be fair we had a very decent record against Sevco. This Celtic team are used to winning major trophies not just the Petrofac cup.

Onion
15-04-2019, 07:03 AM
To be fair we had a very decent record against Sevco. This Celtic team are used to winning major trophies not just the Petrofac cup.

Ah, that's what we were all thinking when walking up to Hampden on 21 May :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
15-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Rather than whipping ourselves in a frenzy of fear - get a decent wager on them to win it (odds 7/2) and at least be compensated in a small way, should the unthinkable happen, that's what I'll be doing.

Hibeesmad
15-04-2019, 12:12 PM
Rather than whipping ourselves in a frenzy of fear - get a decent wager on them to win it (odds 7/2) and at least be compensated in a small way, should the unthinkable happen, that's what I'll be doing.

I'll also be looking at the odds on them scoring a penalty, it's that kind of luck they will probably get

lyonhibs
15-04-2019, 01:01 PM

Yep. For 90 minutes only, I'll be a fevernt Jungle Jim

I'm Spartacus
15-04-2019, 01:01 PM
I really hate the Old Firm, Rangers by a mile and then the vileness which they feed off each other ruins our game. I hate the thought of Celtic winning the treble treble, but no way do I want Hearts to succeed over that.

Oscar T Grouch
15-04-2019, 01:08 PM
NLs record at Hampden isn't too bad, if you take out the two defeats with Hibs he's won 7 and lost 5 as Celtic Manager. I never want the glasgow uglies to win anything, but that is nowhere near as much as I never want our city puddle drinking pink chums to win anything. So I will be ignoring the game and hoping for a celtc victory!

Onion
15-04-2019, 01:08 PM
I really hate the Old Firm, Rangers by a mile and then the vileness which they feed off each other ruins our game. I hate the thought of Celtic winning the treble treble, but no way do I want Hearts to succeed over that.

:agree: Anything that makes Sevco or Hearts fans happy is an affront to society and decent people. If Celtic winning the treble is the price, then its worth paying.

Hibernian Verse
15-04-2019, 01:17 PM
I can see them losing all 6 of their post-split games starting with a humping at Tynecastle on Saturday and ending with a humping at Hampden with the whole country watching.

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2019, 01:21 PM

Never, mate. If you put money on them, you find yourself cheering them on.:jamboak:

I'll be going Celtic HT/FT

Joe6-2
15-04-2019, 06:09 PM
I'll also be looking at the odds on them scoring a penalty, it's that kind of luck they will probably get

They certainly get plenty!

The 90+2
15-04-2019, 06:11 PM
Yep. For 90 minutes only, I'll be a fevernt Jungle Jim

Irish songs the lot on cup final day. And I actually mean it.

Keith_M
15-04-2019, 06:45 PM
Irish songs the lot on cup final day. And I actually mean it.

Yep, me too. I'll be singing the following Irish Classics:

This One. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFQzv4OsHxc)

A bit of This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOHIlJo0aDk)

and my All Time Favourite (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzerbXFwGCE)

Nakedmanoncrack
15-04-2019, 07:00 PM
Never, mate. If you put money on them, you find yourself cheering them on.:jamboak:

I'll be going Celtic HT/FT

No more chance of that than having house insurance making me want the house to burn down.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2019, 07:10 PM
i just can't believe they are on the cusp of doing another league and cup double, it's like 1986 all over again, i cried real tears back then as well :boo hoo:

Glory Lurker
15-04-2019, 07:30 PM
The most I will be able to get out of the Final is the relief Hearts haven’t won. If they’d been playing someone that wasn’t OF (or Aberdeen) I could at least positively support the other side and want them to win for their own sake. Obviously it is imperative Hearts don’t win, but I don’t think it’ll be a properly-satisfying football experience.

If a Celtic win gets us a Euro spot then that obviously does change it a bit, but it spoiled my enjoyment of last year’s final that I had to “want” Celtic to win for that reason.

Aldo
15-04-2019, 07:30 PM
i just can't believe they are on the cusp of doing another league and cup double, it's like 1986 all over again, i cried real tears back then as well :boo hoo:

Good spot!!!! Maybe someone should give Hamdump a phone and ask they put a portaloo near the Yams technical area.

Defo worth the call as Potter has pre cons for ****tin himself when it matters most!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZAGREB RED
15-04-2019, 08:04 PM
I think it's only Celtic who can stop themselves winning the Cup Final, the pressure on them to do the 3x3 will be enormous on the day, so if they buckle under it then Hearts will have a chance. If they keep it on the level and play the football they are capable of they should win it.
If it stays 0-0 until late on in the game or if Hearts score first and then batten down the hatches that could be a problem for Celtic.

FilipinoHibs
16-04-2019, 09:06 AM
LG desperate to get fit for the final to pump Hearts according to the Herald.

EI255
16-04-2019, 09:24 PM
Unfortunately for the Jumbos, Celtic have a HUGE, HUGE (TRIPLE HUGE) incentive to win the cup this year and for that reason they have little chance of winning it. I'll watch on with glee seeing them crying in their twirling scarves..

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

The 90+2
16-04-2019, 09:31 PM
Unfortunately for the Jumbos, Celtic have a HUGE, HUGE (TRIPLE HUGE) incentive to win the cup this year and for that reason they have little chance of winning it. I'll watch on with glee seeing them crying in their twirling scarves..

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

They only sing or do their pathetic twirl thing when they take the lead. Otherwise they are utter ***** fans.

O'Rourke3
16-04-2019, 09:32 PM
LG desperate to get fit for the final to pump Hearts according to the Herald.Leigh doubtless trying to get fit but why would he get a game when he's not kicked a ball in 6 months? Would love it if he did play and score but this is Neil Lennon doing a reverse Levein. The usual "Starting 11 all, struggling to be fit for Hearts"

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk