PDA

View Full Version : NHC Joey Barton

we are hibs
13-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Allegedly set about the Barnsley manager after their game with Fleetwood today. Police investigating. Was just on sky sports news. What a fanny of a guy.

kdhibees1
13-04-2019, 04:19 PM
welt of a man

Here’s Lucy!
13-04-2019, 04:28 PM
At least he's a bit of a 'character'.

:devil:

Smartie
13-04-2019, 04:36 PM
He's already lasted a lot longer than I expected him to.

heretoday
13-04-2019, 04:43 PM
He's a psychopath. He's very plausible and charming on the radio but underneath he's liable to snap at any time.

Here’s Lucy!
13-04-2019, 04:49 PM
I like him.

Definitely not bland and boring, bit of a nutcase but hey ho!!

Since452
13-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Overrated nobody who couldn't cut it in the Scottish Premiership and who needs to be controversial to stay relevant. Welt.

Hibeesmad
13-04-2019, 05:02 PM
Apparently left the Barnsley manager with blood pouring from his face

Bostonhibby
13-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Apparently left the Barnsley manager with blood pouring from his faceIf that's the case hopefully there's a decent jail sentence coming.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

WoreTheGreen
13-04-2019, 05:10 PM
At least it wasn’t a boy like his usual victim . Coward enjoy jail you no mark

MagicSwirlingShip
13-04-2019, 05:11 PM
I enjoy nutters like him. Superb value.

His podcast is class too.

Jim44
13-04-2019, 05:13 PM
They tell me his dad was a ‘dick’ as well. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
13-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Guys a twat. An eloquent twat at times but a twat all the same.

greenlex
13-04-2019, 05:14 PM
Apparently left the Barnsley manager with blood pouring from his face
Two game ban max.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2019, 05:19 PM
Local news confirming police investigating an assault in the tunnel after the match.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Jones28
13-04-2019, 05:26 PM
He's a throbber who couldn't hack it in Scotland. Hope you meet some real radges in jail.

dchibs
13-04-2019, 05:44 PM
Did he not speak French but in AN English accent on you tube.

neil7908
13-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Two game ban max.

Yup. Given the Hibs guy getting 100 days in jail and a 10 year ban from football games for getting in Taveniers face, Barton, with his history, should be looking at 6 months or so in the jail plus kicked out of the gane for good if the rumours are true.

As you say though, likely to get nothing serious.

Big_Franck
13-04-2019, 05:46 PM

No, it was the other way round :greengrin.

Hope this wee rat gets a custodial sentence.

Michael
13-04-2019, 05:47 PM

No he spoke English in a French accent.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-04-2019, 05:48 PM
A thug who is a footballer or a footballer who is a thug.

PatHead
13-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Seemingly tried to leave the stadium but police stopped his car.

Famous Fiver
13-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Wonder if it will result in a charge.

Obviously. if true, looking at a football ban, but if it gets into the courts the outcome could be interesting, especially in the context of the 100 day sentence handed down to an individual who never laid a glove on anyone. Granted that was in a Scottish court.

Mr Kent got 2 games for lamping Scott Brown on the chin and no assault charge.

It's a strange old world we live in.

Hibeesmad
13-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Wonder if it will result in a charge.

Obviously. if true, looking at a football ban, but if it gets into the courts the outcome could be interesting, especially in the context of the 100 day sentence handed down to an individual who never laid a glove on anyone. Granted that was in a Scottish court.

Mr Kent got 2 games for lamping Scott Brown on the chin and no assault charge.

It's a strange old world we live in.

Didn't that boy who hit Grealish get a less sentence than the boy who approached Tav?

hibsbollah
13-04-2019, 07:07 PM
I like him.

CLASS OF 72 -73
13-04-2019, 09:15 PM
:aok:

He's a psychopath. He's very plausible and charming on the radio but underneath he's liable to snap at any time.

Cardinal G
14-04-2019, 12:19 AM
Didn't that boy who hit Grealish get a less sentence than the boy who approached Tav?

Aye he got 14 weeks so 98 days , should have got 9 months at least, sly punch from behind on the pitch.

Wee Effen Bee
14-04-2019, 01:22 AM

hibbydog
14-04-2019, 07:24 AM
An utter brain dead bad tempered violent who can do no more than mouth off because he’s desperate for attention.

With the current climate of hardening attitudes towards football related hooliganism, I would sincerely hope an example is made of him.

6 months in the nick and a lifetime ban from all football related activities , please.

oldbutdim
14-04-2019, 09:50 AM
Just a horrible wee man. Nothing more.

lapsedhibee
14-04-2019, 10:28 AM
No he spoke English in a French accent.

English in an Allo Allo! French accent.

:singing: we are ze beelee boys :singing:

poolman
14-04-2019, 10:53 AM
An utter brain dead bad tempered violent who can do no more than mouth off because he’s desperate for attention.

With the current climate of hardening attitudes towards football related hooliganism, I would sincerely hope an example is made of him.

6 months in the nick and a lifetime ban from all football related activities , please.

Yup, this is the brave guy who stubbed a lit cigar out on a young footballers face

What a role model

hibee316
14-04-2019, 11:11 AM
I like him.

The guy just battered someone and you say you like him?

Weird.

SChibs
14-04-2019, 11:27 AM
Allegedly set about the Barnsley manager after their game with Fleetwood today. Police investigating. Was just on sky sports news. What a fanny of a guy.

I wouldn't believe everything you here on the news. Remember after the cup final the media claimed all the rangers team was attacked which was a massive overreaction. I doubt he set about him

oldbutdim
14-04-2019, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't believe everything you here on the news. Remember after the cup final the media claimed all the rangers team was attacked which was a massive overreaction. I doubt he set about him

It would be so out of character for the nice man wouldn't it.

Probably just made up.

SChibs
14-04-2019, 11:50 AM
It would be so out of character for the nice man wouldn't it.

Probably just made up.

Not made up but probably exaggerated. Like Lennon used to say whenever a little thing happened it was blown out of proportion because it was big bad Lenny. There was maybe some shoving but I don't believe he battered the guy like some people are saying

LancsHibs
14-04-2019, 01:06 PM
KO’d the Barnsley gaffer with a head-but in the tunnel after the match I have heard. Words were exchanged on the final whistle and Joey went for afters in the tunnel. A total thug. He was arrested leaving the stadium and released pending investigation.

Baader
14-04-2019, 04:33 PM
An utter clown of a man.

Here’s Lucy!
14-04-2019, 04:38 PM
The guy just battered someone and you say you like him?

Weird.

Look, I didn't say I like him because he 'battered' someone.

I said I like him as a character.

Less of the 'weird' please.

Weegreenman
14-04-2019, 04:47 PM
I like him.

I like him also but having just read his book it strikes me he gets into more scrapes than your average person. He’s from a tough neighbourhood and has it in him to snap it seems at the slightest thing. What’s really interesting is that he is actually a highly intelligent guy. I just can’t fathom him out.

Here’s Lucy!
14-04-2019, 04:52 PM
I like him also but having just read his book it strikes me he gets into more scrapes than your average person. He’s from a tough neighbourhood and has it in him to snap it seems at the slightest thing. What’s really interesting is that he is actually a highly intelligent guy. I just can’t fathom him out.

I read that book too. I love autobiographies, especially ones by footballers and found it interesting. As you say though, he's a bit of a 'loose canon".

We can all snap, but he just seems to do it more than most!

Smartie
14-04-2019, 04:53 PM

You know that mate that everyone has who has a short fuse and can't walk away from trouble?

That's him.

He always comes across as a decent bloke but some of his decision making is at best questionable.

Here’s Lucy!
14-04-2019, 04:57 PM
You know that mate that everyone has who has a short fuse and can't walk away from trouble?

That's him.

He always comes across as a decent bloke but some of his decision making is at best questionable.

Good summary of Joey Barton right there. :top marks

H18 SFR
14-04-2019, 04:57 PM

He's clearly a highly functioning individual, he's got to have had some adverse childhood experiences etc or something along those lines.

hibsbollah
14-04-2019, 04:58 PM

He's from Huyton isn't he? I was there last year, it didn't seem that rough to me, maybe I was in the posh bit :tee hee:

Iggy Pope
14-04-2019, 04:59 PM
Good summary of Joey Barton right there. :top marks

100 days in pokey you reckon? Sounds like a pretty vicious assault.

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2019, 04:59 PM

No you never, you said you liked him, you never mentioned his character.

Fife-Hibee
14-04-2019, 05:02 PM
Nearly half of the thread is about liking the guy. Have I entered some sort of twilight zone or something?

Here’s Lucy!
14-04-2019, 05:02 PM
He's from Huyton isn't he? I was there last year, it didn't seem that rough to me, maybe I was in the posh bit :tee hee:

There's a posh bit in Huyton? :dunno:

100 days in pokey you reckon? Sounds like a pretty vicious assault.

Hadn't read or heard about that. Imagine the trouble he'll get into in jail!! :agree:

WoreTheGreen
14-04-2019, 05:05 PM
Pat niddrie Stanton I rest my case

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2019, 05:09 PM

Huyton’s okay, have never had any bother there, far worse areas in Liverpool.

Here’s Lucy!
14-04-2019, 05:11 PM
No you never, you said you liked him, you never mentioned his character.

:confused: Of course I mentioned his character!

Look back at my post, I said he was definitely 'not bland and boring' and is a 'bit of a nutcase".

If that's not referring to his character, then I don't know what is!! :dunno:

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2019, 05:15 PM

Look back at my post, I said he was definitely 'not bland and boring' and is a 'bit of a nutcase".

Apologies,I read a partial quote of your original post 👍

Here’s Lucy!
14-04-2019, 05:19 PM
Apologies,I read a partial quote of your original post 👍

No bother at all!

:cheers:

Keith_M
14-04-2019, 05:24 PM

How do you feel about him attacking a 15 year old boy, stubbing a cigarette out on a teenage footballer's face, or making a racist remark to a black player?

hibee316
14-04-2019, 05:28 PM

I didn't say that was why you liked him either.

Generally though, I don't personally have a lot of time for people who batter folk, regardless of the rest of their character.

Put it this way, if someone in my group of friends went about attacking people, I would carefully consider how much time I spent in their company. (Probably wouldn't spend anytime with them!)

Here’s Lucy!
14-04-2019, 05:30 PM
How do you feel about him attacking a 15 year old boy, stubbing a cigarette out on a teenage footballer's face, or making a racist remark to a black player?

All absolutely horrendous acts, Keekaboo.

Why on Earth would I think otherwise? This thread has ran it's course I think, it's beer time!

:greengrin

neil7908
14-04-2019, 05:37 PM

Indeed. I appreciate he's had a hard upbringing but he's now a multimillionaire and a manager to boot. He's not a kid anymore and should be well away from the game imo as he seems incapable off going a year without battering someone.

Keith_M
14-04-2019, 05:57 PM
All absolutely horrendous acts, Keekaboo.

Why on Earth would I think otherwise? This thread has ran it's course I think, it's beer time!

Fair enough, I just found it strange that anybody could like the guy.

Enjoy your beer.

allezsauzee
14-04-2019, 07:39 PM
Expensive lawyers claiming that he suffers from stress along with a pledge to seek treatment to deal with said stress better will no doubt keep this rocket out of the jail.

basehibby
15-04-2019, 12:46 AM
Instant sacking offence - gross misconduct - possible criminal charges - ********

we are hibs
15-04-2019, 06:38 AM
Not made up but probably exaggerated. Like Lennon used to say whenever a little thing happened it was blown out of proportion because it was big bad Lenny. There was maybe some shoving but I don't believe he battered the guy like some people are saying

The Barnsley manager had blood pouring from his face and lost 2 teeth. Bit of a difference between that and Lennon acting like petulant wee bairn on the sideline every week.

monarch
15-04-2019, 09:13 AM
It “beggars belief” that somebody at Fleetwood thought it was a great idea to appoint him in the first place. Makes you wonder about the mindset of some of the people who run football clubs.

Steve-O
15-04-2019, 10:27 AM
Any of this sound familiar...?

- Lack of empathy, guilt, conscience or remorse
- Shallow experiences of feelings or emotions
- Impulsivity and a weak ability to defer gratification and control behavior
- Superficial charm and glibness
- Irresponsibility and a failure to accept responsibility for their actions
- A grandiose sense of their own worth

Fife-Hibee
15-04-2019, 10:54 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/622622832103587840/tUKC5wZD_400x400.jpg

Eyrie
15-04-2019, 06:21 PM

Are there 400,000 answers?

Keith_M
15-04-2019, 06:34 PM

Is that a description of a Sociopath, by any chance?

Suits Joey Barton to a Tee.

HoboHarry
15-04-2019, 07:47 PM

You change your name mate? Are you Joey Barton in disguise? :greengrin

matty_f
15-04-2019, 07:49 PM
Few comments suggesting Barton is intelligent, I'm yet to see any convincing evidence of that but plenty to the contrary.

hibsbollah
15-04-2019, 08:00 PM
Few comments suggesting Barton is intelligent, I'm yet to see any convincing evidence of that but plenty to the contrary.

Depends how you define intelligence i suppose, but he has expressed an interest in philosophy, politics, gender issues and stuff that footballers normally don't. I don't condone his violence, but he's at least not boring. I particularly liked him mocking Zlatans big nose in le classique, but that in itself isn't evidence of his IQ I suppose :greengrin

HoboHarry
15-04-2019, 08:05 PM
Compared to Harry Kane he is Mensa material........ :greengrin

Clarence
15-04-2019, 08:36 PM

It’s either the Hare test for psychopathy or a job ad for a centre half at ***********.

Smartie
15-04-2019, 09:17 PM
any of this sound familiar...?

- lack of empathy, guilt, conscience or remorse
- shallow experiences of feelings or emotions
- impulsivity and a weak ability to defer gratification and control behavior
- superficial charm and glibness
- irresponsibility and a failure to accept responsibility for their actions
- a grandiose sense of their own worth

Craig! Crrraaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiggg! Find me some exclamation marks! I've finished the mission statement, just needs a bit of punctuation! And keep licking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16-04-2019, 01:58 PM
Arrogant prick of a guy.

Came swaggering up to Scotland giving it the Billy big baws act thinking he was far too big for us and doing Scottish Football some sort of big favour by coming here. He make a complete arse of himself and got well and truly found out.

Horrible guy, a match made in heaven at Sevco though.

oldbutdim
16-04-2019, 02:46 PM
Arrogant prick of a guy.

Came swaggering up to Scotland giving it the Billy big baws act thinking he was far too big for us and doing Scottish Football some sort of big favour by coming here. He make a complete arse of himself and got well and truly found out.

Horrible guy, a match made in heaven at Sevco though.

Decent summary.

Here’s Lucy!
16-04-2019, 04:15 PM
Craig! Crrraaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiggg! Find me some exclamation marks! I've finished the mission statement, just needs a bit of punctuation! And keep licking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:faf::faf:

Topographic Hibby
17-04-2019, 02:58 PM
Seems “a man” has been arrested over this row. Also the phrase “racially aggravated” thrown in to the mix.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47963144

Reminds me of the deflection phrase, “west of Scotland supporters” which the BBC also used.

ancient hibee
17-04-2019, 06:16 PM
Seems “a man” has been arrested over this row. Also the phrase “racially aggravated” thrown in to the mix.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47963144

Reminds me of the deflection phrase, “west of Scotland supporters” which the BBC also used.

It's the law.Can't be named.

Keith_M
17-04-2019, 06:51 PM
You change your name mate? Are you Joey Barton in disguise? :greengrin

You've caught me!

Steve-O
19-04-2019, 12:12 PM

Psychopathic traits

we are hibs
17-07-2019, 06:59 AM
He's been charged

LancsHibs
17-07-2019, 07:11 AM
Could well be looking at jail time!

Caversham Green
17-07-2019, 07:32 AM
Well that's weird.

First thing this morning for absolutely no reason I started wondering whether anything had been done about the Joey Barton case.

Billy Whizz
17-07-2019, 07:35 AM
Well that's weird.

First thing this morning for absolutely no reason I started wondering whether anything had been done about the Joey Barton case.

Is this the one where he allegedly attached another manager?

04Sauzee
17-07-2019, 07:40 AM
Is this the one where he allegedly attached another manager?

Yeah I think he attached him to his fist?

LancsHibs
17-07-2019, 08:08 AM

I believe he attached him to his nut😙

Oscar T Grouch
17-07-2019, 08:11 AM
Abh charge, given his record, if found guilty, he’ll be getting a prison sentence.

AgentDaleCooper
17-07-2019, 08:12 AM

I think he went through a phase of tweeting neitzsche quotes, which some found impressive...?

Keith_M
17-07-2019, 08:34 AM

Wow, that's a REALLY tough area. It's like Morningside on steroids!

worcesterhibby
17-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Abh charge, given his record, if found guilty, he’ll be getting a prison sentence.

I hope he can cope.

When my brother ended up in jail, he just flipped...lashing out at everyone, turning to drugs, he even smeared excrement on the walls.....

We've never let him play Monopoly since ! :greengrin

LancsHibs
17-07-2019, 09:01 AM

I believe he attached him to his nut😙

Scouse Hibee
17-07-2019, 09:14 AM
Wow, that's a REALLY tough area. It's like Morningside on steroids!

😂

https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/huyton-should-be-called-*****on.html

Green Man
17-07-2019, 10:42 AM
I think he went through a phase of tweeting neitzsche quotes, which some found impressive...?

I read some Nietzsche once. I’m not gonna lie, I was bored.

CMurdoch
17-07-2019, 11:01 AM
I hope he can cope.

When my brother ended up in jail, he just flipped...lashing out at everyone, turning to drugs, he even smeared excrement on the walls.....

We've never let him play Monopoly since ! :greengrin

:greengrin:wink:

Fisherrow Harp
17-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Thus spoke a total walloper. (Barton, not you mate!😀)

Here’s Lucy!
17-07-2019, 12:49 PM
Deserves whatever he gets dealt to him.

Hibbyradge
17-07-2019, 01:00 PM
Deserves whatever he gets dealt to him.

What if they jail him for life?

Or give him 50 hours community service?

Or a £100 fine?

Oscar T Grouch
17-07-2019, 01:46 PM

Or a £100 fine?

There are sentencing parameters for each crime. ABH has a max 5 years in prison, and or a fine, or a community order. If the offender has previous prison is the likeliest option to be handed down. If he is convicted and a sentence given, he will deserve that because the court looks into a number of factors before sentencing.

Here’s Lucy!
17-07-2019, 01:48 PM

Or a £100 fine?

Is there not already a poster on here called Pedantic?

:na na:

WhileTheChief..
17-07-2019, 02:37 PM
I read some Nietzsche once. I’m not gonna lie, I was bored.

You read it cause you were bored or you got bored reading it??!!

I kinda think I should check out some of his stuff but not sure if I'd understand any of it!

Here’s Lucy!
17-07-2019, 02:46 PM
I kinda think I should check out some of his stuff but not sure if I'd understand any of it!

There’s a poster on here who instills that exact train of thought into myself. :greengrin

Green Man
17-07-2019, 03:24 PM
You read it cause you were bored or you got bored reading it??!!

I should have phrased that better! I got bored reading it. All I took from the book was that Zarathustra was a bit of a dick.

17-07-2019, 04:15 PM
A fitting match with the huns - vile, arrogant and just dislikable in every way. Just a nasty, angry wee thug.