PDA

View Full Version : 100k cctv and sniffer dogs

Pages : [1] 2

Stuart93
10-04-2019, 09:53 PM
Spending 100k on new cctv systems & bringing in sniffer dogs to detect drugs or pyro.

Diclonius
10-04-2019, 10:00 PM
100k we could have spent on a permanent deal for McNulty. Thanks, idiots who can't control themselves. :aok:

SChibs
10-04-2019, 10:00 PM
Would be good if they could upgrade the tannoy when they are at it.

Tinribs
10-04-2019, 10:17 PM
Sniffer dogs don't work, other than as a visual deterrent.

Rattler
10-04-2019, 10:38 PM

Think you’ll find that they do work- as long as they’re trained properly for the purpose ✅

Smartie
10-04-2019, 10:47 PM

It would be good for you to meet "the Madeleine McCann thread" at some point.

Scouse Hibee
10-04-2019, 10:57 PM

They work very well.

monktonharp
11-04-2019, 12:05 AM
a flare up yer hole is hard to detect, even for a dug. they think it is just sheite.:wink:

neil7908
11-04-2019, 04:30 AM
100k we could have spent on a permanent deal for McNulty. Thanks, idiots who can't control themselves. :aok:

Yup exactly, well done all, given the cost to the club and the time in prison handed out anyone acting this way again doesn't deserve one iota of sympathy.

Far too many of our supporters still can't handle their drink and seem to think being at the football allows them to act as like neanderthals.

I really hope this last few weeks have been a wake up call and our reputation and bank balance won't take a hit again.

Tinribs
11-04-2019, 05:54 AM

No idea what that's all about, pretty sure they never found her.
Anyway, sniffer dogs still don't work.

Kojock
11-04-2019, 06:16 AM

Care to expand why you think they don’t work.

theonlywayisup
11-04-2019, 06:17 AM

Yes, cheers guys. No doubt some supporters will be on soon "but, it improves the atmosphere".............

Tinribs
11-04-2019, 06:21 AM
Care to expand why you think they don’t work.

They are ineffective in the rain, they don't like rowdy crowds, they also can only work effectively for twenty minutes at a time going up and down lines.
Unless we are hiring a dozen at a time, working in shifts, then they won't make much difference. I have never noticed a difference in the amount of hash available at events with dogs present, they may have been using pretend ones though I suppose.

Since452
11-04-2019, 07:01 AM
Seems a bit OTT.

Orchard_Hibs
11-04-2019, 07:03 AM
They are ineffective in the rain, they don't like rowdy crowds, they also can only work effectively for twenty minutes at a time going up and down lines.
Unless we are hiring a dozen at a time, working in shifts, then they won't make much difference. I have never noticed a difference in the amount of hash available at events with dogs present, they may have been using pretend ones though I suppose.

This is just total nonsense, water actually increases the scent trail of anything making it easier for dogs to find what they are looking for. Are you aware that there are dogs that can smell a cancer tumour or when a diabetics blood sugars are low? Sniffer dogs are amazing and will find what they are looking for.

Malthibby
11-04-2019, 07:04 AM

Hope this is re-quoted repeatedly in the hope that the fools making this expenditure necessary finally add 2 and 2 together and don't get pink.
This is money being diverted from the playing budget.
That damages our club.
For those who can't get that, find something else to do on a Saturday, because you are not welcome at ER.

wearethehibs
11-04-2019, 07:10 AM
A few minor incidents and we are going to spend that on CCTV and have sniffer dogs at games. How exactly is that going to stop someone throwing a bottle or running on the pitch?

Pointless investment

Tinribs
This is just total nonsense, water actually increases the scent trail of anything making it easier for dogs to find what they are looking for. Are you aware that there are dogs that can smell a cancer tumour or when a diabetics blood sugars are low? Sniffer dogs are amazing and will find what they are looking for.

I know all of that, are you being intentionally thick with regards to the difference between rain and water though? So we are getting these dogs to sniff for cancer and diabetes, gotcha.

staunchhibby
Can assure you sniffer dogs that are trained properly can work in any weather.Can be a very effective deterrent.

Lendo
11-04-2019, 07:14 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Dogs don't work in the rain.

Tinribs
11-04-2019, 07:15 AM

Oh shut up.

StevesFamau5
11-04-2019, 07:15 AM

Just one question. Have you ever worked with or been near a properly trained working dog?

Your view seems to be incredibly judgemental with nothing particularly fact based to back it up. In a crowd of 100s of thousands of people at least 25% carrying or under the influence of some form of illegal drug it would take at least 100 dogs to even remotely stop the amount coming in. However a crowd of a few thousand going through one entrance and at least two or three dogs... I would fancy the dogs to get good results.

I have a partially trained K9 who has an incredibly good nose, he's saved my wife on several occasions when she is really ill. Unbelievable how he is aware of the situation before she is.

To sum up, your post is one sided and I support the use of the dogs. Just a shame it has come to that because of the actions of a few morons.

Orchard_Hibs
11-04-2019, 07:18 AM
I know all of that, are you being intentionally thick with regards to the difference between rain and water though? So we are getting these dogs to sniff for cancer and diabetes, gotcha.

Clearly I am, please do enlighten me?

Juniper Greens
11-04-2019, 07:18 AM
Even if they don't work, I hope the message gets through to the idiots that are costing our club money. Don't even try brining flares or anything else to chuck in.
It's clear to me that Hibs have been reprimanded by the powers that be. It looks like a small section of the east is being closed for games even.
These idiots are now costing our club money. Stop

Heisenberg
11-04-2019, 07:20 AM
Hope the idiots who have thrown coins/bottles and jumped on the pitch are pleased with their contribution. 100k is a significant wedge towards a good player and is instead being spent on this pish.

Stuart93
11-04-2019, 07:30 AM
Hope the idiots who have thrown coins/bottles and jumped on the pitch are pleased with their contribution. 100k is a significant wedge towards a good player and is instead being spent on this pish.

Which is true however we don’t seem to spend that much on players on a regular basis but we can chuck it at new cctv? Hmm.

Think the club should be wary of where they’re using supporters money, as a fan who goes to games and behaves I don’t want my ST money being spent on new cameras

Golden Bear
11-04-2019, 07:32 AM

Absolutely correct, plus our Club has got to be seen to be doing their level best to try and reduce the risks of further incidents. I'm sure 99% of the support will agree but unfortunately it is the tiny minority who will continue to damage the reputation of the Club.

Newhaven
11-04-2019, 07:46 AM
A bit heavy handed surely.

Whilst other clubs, with similar problems, invest in the playing squad we’ve got this gear in.

Nice atmosphere for families to have fido sniff their bags whilst they enter the holy ground every other week. Own goal for hibs

DaveF
11-04-2019, 07:50 AM

Whilst other clubs, with similar problems, invest in the playing squad we’ve got this gear in.

Nice atmosphere for families to have fido sniff their bags whilst they enter the holy ground every other week. Own goal for hibs

Agree with this. Totally over the top response by the club.

The idiot fringe has always been there and always will be. This is just our board saying look at us we are doing something when most other clubs would probably do bugger all and accept their talking to from the authorities.

Lendo
11-04-2019, 07:52 AM

It's not Hibs fault that we have a sizable contingent of jakes in our support who now overindulge in cheap cocaine pre-match. Surely their presence in the ground is to the detriment of a family friendly atmosphere.

Heisenberg
11-04-2019, 07:52 AM
Which is true however we don’t seem to spend that much on players on a regular basis but we can chuck it at new cctv? Hmm.

Think the club should be wary of where they’re using supporters money, as a fan who goes to games and behaves I don’t want my ST money being spent on new cameras

We spent over that on a couple of players in the summer so I’d like to think we would be in a position to do it again this summer.

I think the club have taken the right measures to ensure we catch these idiots next time. There would be no need for any of it if these folk could control themselves for 90 minutes. Don’t think the club should be taking any abuse for this one.

Kojock
11-04-2019, 07:53 AM
Absolutely correct, plus our Club has got to be seen to be doing their level best to try and reduce the risks of further incidents. I'm sure 99% of the support will agree but unfortunately it is the tiny minority who will continue to damage the reputation of the Club.

I don't think it will reduce the risks of further incidents. Anybody acting in the heat of the moment doesn't take time to think about the consequences. We have CCTV everywhere nowadays but people still act like clowns after a few bevvies on a Saturday night.

mutley
11-04-2019, 07:54 AM
We have our own dog section, (all types, patrol dogs, attack dogs, Drug detection dogs and Arms and Explosive detection dogs) and I know they all work very well for the tasks they are employed in. They are also very expensive so if they were not effective , we wouldn't have them.

Anyone that comments negatively on this thread obviously condones what goes on at matches and clearly doesn't care that the club will be haemorrhaging money to try and stop this happening.

But the fans will also have to take more responsibility in "self-Policing" too, you can't watch every one all the time, and I am sure the ones throwing stuff will be very aware and making sure they are not being watched before they throw whatever.

And as for robust sentencing, that is not a bad thing. . It so F*&%ing simple, if you do not want to go to jail, learn to BEHAVE and stop being, and I quote, " wee fannies"

Brooster
11-04-2019, 08:12 AM
Does pyro contain explosives? Is that what the dog is trying to detect? Excuse my ignorance, I dont know much about these things.

StevesFamau5
11-04-2019, 08:13 AM
We have our own dog section, (all types, patrol dogs, attack dogs, Drug detection dogs and Arms and Explosive detection dogs) and I know they all work very well for the tasks they are employed in. They are also very expensive so if they were not effective , we wouldn't have them.

Anyone that comments negatively on this thread obviously condones what goes on at matches and clearly doesn't care that the club will be haemorrhaging money to try and stop this happening.

But the fans will also have to take more responsibility in "self-Policing" too, you can't watch every one all the time, and I am sure the ones throwing stuff will be very aware and making sure they are not being watched before they throw whatever.

And as for robust sentencing, that is not a bad thing. . It so F*&%ing simple, if you do not want to go to jail, learn to BEHAVE and stop being, and I quote, " wee fannies"

Spot on! Thread winner.

DaveF
11-04-2019, 08:16 AM
Dog units are expensive. So we get them in for a little while and the pyrotechnics etc subside....for a little while.

The dogs go, it all comes back.

Everyone knows this is how it will pan out.

It's nothing more than an expensive finger wagging exercise.

superfurryhibby
11-04-2019, 08:18 AM

Totally ridic comment about condoning and not caring, sweeping knee jerk of a statement that.

I can’t disagree with the cctv upgrade, but I don’t want sniffer dogs at routine football matches. Excessive response, very heavy handed and unnecessary.

JXM73
11-04-2019, 08:28 AM
We're no buying the dugs, we're asking police scotland to up their coverage...still gonna cost us.

New cams will be able to analyse the arc of thrown objects.

Hope they can also pick out sectarian abuse/singing...

Up The Bracket
11-04-2019, 08:37 AM
Cameras won’t stop anyone invading the pitch, complete waste of money from our CEO - amounts of incidents over the last 10 years in Scottish football and we’re the ones chucking cash at the wrong things.

People will say “it’s great that we’re being the pioneer for this” why can’t we invest the money in the team and become the pioneer for the first non-old firm club to reach the European Group Stages in however many years? Shambolic decision.

Renew your season tickets and we’ll spend it on fancy cameras.

GloryGlory
11-04-2019, 08:38 AM

The idiot fringe has always been there and always will be. This is just our board saying look at us we are doing something when most other clubs would probably do bugger all and accept their talking to from the authorities.

Maybe anticipating strict liability laws and being able to put up some sort of defence?

DaveF
11-04-2019, 08:40 AM

Lol, you can but hope.

I have no issue with us doing all this IF all the others take similar aggressive stances with their idiots. Then the game might be better off for it.

But they don't and they won't. So this will be a pointless token, costly gesture.

Phil MaGlass
11-04-2019, 08:42 AM
All SPFL clubs should have proper up to date cctv. In europe some have cameras that automatically pick out individuals with face recognition. My club has facial recognition as you enter the stadium everyone is photographed and the camera for some reason can pick you out in less than a s3cond if needed. Good investment, yes its expensive,but, fitba has always had problems anything that can curb trouble is good, especially when were trying to entice families and future generations to ER.

Pilrig_Sauzee
11-04-2019, 08:50 AM
Time will tell what impact this has but for now am totally sticking peanut butter down the front of my undercrackers before the next home game.

Salt N Sauzee
11-04-2019, 08:52 AM

Slavering :rolleyes:

Juniper Greens
11-04-2019, 08:52 AM
Can't believe the number of people lashing out at the club.

If we aren't seen to be taking measures to stamp this out at games, then the SPFL/SFA/Police will take measures against us.

If you don't want the club spending money on this, make sure you are part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Peevemor
11-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Cameras won’t stop anyone invading the pitch, complete waste of money from our CEO - amounts of incidents over the last 10 years in Scottish football and we’re the ones chucking cash at the wrong things.

People will say “it’s great that we’re being the pioneer for this” why can’t we invest the money in the team and become the pioneer for the first non-old firm club to reach the European Group Stages in however many years? Shambolic decision.

Renew your season tickets and we’ll spend it on fancy cameras.

If somebody jumps on the pitch you don't need a camera to see who it is. The cameras are to monitor those in the stands and pinpoint people that are doing things they shouldn't be doing (such as chucking things on the pitch).

Hibs have been getting bad press because of the actions of a tiny minority, bad press that could put off potential (even existing) sponsors and may have a knock-on effect in terms of other commercial revenues (corporate packages, use of conference facilities, etc.).

Some people are dicks and can't behave themselves at a match, but you choose to criticise the club?

Try looking at the bigger picture.

Baker9
11-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Lol, you can but hope.

I have no issue with us doing all this IF all the others take similar aggressive stances with their idiots. Then the game might be better off for it.

But they don't and they won't. So this will be a pointless token, costly gesture.

My club, Hibernian FC, are no longer just talking about it like the rest of them and are creating a platform to help us rid the game of its idiots and bigots. I am very proud of that and support it wholeheartedly.

DaveF
11-04-2019, 08:56 AM
If somebody jumps on the pitch you don't need a camera to see who it is. The cameras are to monitor those in the stands and pinpoint people that are doing things they shouldn't be doing (such as chucking things on the pitch).

Hibs have been getting bad press because of the actions of a tiny minority, bad press that could put off potential (even existing) sponsors and may have a knock-on effect in terms of other commercial revenues (corporate packages, use of conference facilities, etc.).

Some people are dicks and can't behave themselves at a match, but you choose to criticise the club?

Try looking at the bigger picture.

I'll be accused of whataboutery but hearts and Rantic have had plenty of bad press in the past and again recently. They seem to have managed to get by without the levels of response we go to.

Hibs class I suppose eh.

Since452
11-04-2019, 09:03 AM
We're no buying the dugs, we're asking police scotland to up their coverage...still gonna cost us.

New cams will be able to analyse the arc of thrown objects.

That's a pity. We could do with more legs and more bite in the midfield.

WhileTheChief..
11-04-2019, 09:04 AM
Could the dogs multitask and deal with the seagulls too?

Money well spent if so.

Stairway 2 7
11-04-2019, 09:20 AM
Just watched a video of willie Hamilton scoring a beauty of a winner against hearts on YouTube. A few fans run to the pitch side another runs on to the pitch hugs the players. The difference is the policeman at the sides just walk to the fan and usher him back to the crowd. We're a bit sensitive nowadays aren't we

Up The Bracket
11-04-2019, 09:20 AM
Can't believe the number of people lashing out at the club.

If we aren't seen to be taking measures to stamp this out at games, then the SPFL/SFA/Police will take measures against us.

If you don't want the club spending money on this, make sure you are part of the solution and not part of the problem.

We don’t operate a strict liability policy in Scotland so Hibs aren’t held accountable for fan behaviour.

I’m in absolutely no means in favour of horrible little neds causing bother at Easter road but other teams are as bad or worse than us for it and you don’t see them taking chunks out their transfer budget to spend on fancy cameras.

sauzee1966
11-04-2019, 09:27 AM
I have experienced sniffer dogs in Budapest at a Ferencvaros game and the number of flares in a bucket shows they did work.

I don't this we will be using the old poodle borrowed from Bessie at number 6.....these will be trained.

For me its idiots eating into the clubs funds....id make them pay a contribution when they are convicted.

Golden Bear
11-04-2019, 09:35 AM
The use of sniffer dogs etc is not yet a final policy decision. The Club is at present only "exploring their use."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47885242

Renfrew_Hibby
11-04-2019, 09:45 AM
It's a shame the club is having to do this, trying to look pro active in the face of media and even governmental scrutiny not given to other clubs.

There should be some sort of standard in place that all top flight clubs must comply with in regards to cctv, policing/dogs ect as we are putting these measures in place where as other clubs aren't.

Clubs have different types of cctv and different levels of surveillance, surely there should be a standard that all clubs must meet?

With regards to sniffer dogs, I'm no expert but they trust dogs to find drugs, explosive material and even now to detect cancers in humans so I think they can and will be more effective than the current measures in place.

Itsnoteasy
11-04-2019, 09:51 AM

But were not like every other club.

There have now been a few minor incidents at ER. Maybe they are worried that if this continues there could be a partial stadium closure from the authorities costing us more than 100K. They are now putting a system in place that would catch out any clown.

Yes there has always been the idiot brigade, but have so many been oot their nuts on drugs.

Aim Here
11-04-2019, 09:51 AM
Could the dogs multitask and deal with the seagulls too?

Money well spent if so.

If we let the sniffer dogs have first dibs on the uneaten half-time pies, the seagulls will have less reason to hang around. Maybe we can get a discount since we'll be feeding the dogs too.

Itsnoteasy
11-04-2019, 10:02 AM
Just watched a video of willie Hamilton scoring a beauty of a winner against hearts on YouTube. A few fans run to the pitch side another runs on to the pitch hugs the players. The difference is the policeman at the sides just walk to the fan and usher him back to the crowd. We're a bit sensitive nowadays aren't we

Back then or now I don't see the point of it. Also they never attacked the opposing team player or ran to the away fans & give it a GIRFUY. If you were at the races & your horse won you a stack of cash would you jump the barrier & give the horse a big hug.

MWHIBBIES
11-04-2019, 10:02 AM
Any chance the club have done this as part of an agreement to avoid punishment for the incidents?

calumhibee1
11-04-2019, 10:04 AM
Can we clap the dogs?

mutley
11-04-2019, 10:11 AM
Can we clap the dogs?

Not sure if that was a serious question, but when a dog is with the handler on the lead, then sometimes you can, but when the dog is wearing it's harness and is working, then no. Searching is a game to the dog, and when it finds something, it gets a reward, which is usually a toy and a lot of fuss from the handler. At a guess then police won't let to clap the dogs at ER.

Up The Bracket
11-04-2019, 10:17 AM
Any chance the club have done this as part of an agreement to avoid punishment for the incidents?

It wouldn’t have been because we don’t have strict liability (ie in domestic fixtures clubs can’t be held accountable for fan behaviour)

Mantis Toboggan
11-04-2019, 10:19 AM
Really it should be for the government/SPFL to set standards for CCTV which clubs should then follow. At the moment it looks excessive from us.

Kato
11-04-2019, 10:24 AM
Can we clap the dogs?

A slow clap or a hearty round of applause?

JXM73
11-04-2019, 10:26 AM
Can we clap the dogs?

Best to avoid dugs with the clap...

EI255
11-04-2019, 10:30 AM
100k we could have spent on a permanent deal for McNulty. Thanks, idiots who can't control themselves. :aok:Totally agree. Cheers to all those who can't behave. Well done!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
11-04-2019, 10:31 AM
Going to be like Crufts with all these talented doggos.

EI255
11-04-2019, 10:32 AM
Think you’ll find that they do work- as long as they’re trained properly for the purpose [emoji736]They do work and to those people who will still want to pack away a cheeky wee pack of coke on a Saturday afternoon or Wednesday might, watch out for the dug! [emoji16] They will get you [emoji102]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Caversham Green
11-04-2019, 10:34 AM
It wouldn’t have been because we don’t have strict liability (ie in domestic fixtures clubs can’t be held accountable for fan behaviour)

But we would be in a European game.

In any case strict liability is coming to Scottish football in the next few years and Hibs are now ahead of the game.

HibeeHibernian4
11-04-2019, 10:45 AM
A few minor incidents and we are going to spend that on CCTV and have sniffer dogs at games. How exactly is that going to stop someone throwing a bottle or running on the pitch?

Pointless investment

Agreed, but it's probably not too popular an opinion.

silverhibee
11-04-2019, 10:53 AM

I'm pretty sure we were fitting new cctv in the ground no matter what this summer, have tried googling the piece in the papers where the SFA/SPFL had warned clubs that they need to be upgrading in better cctv to tackle disorder in grounds, it was hinted that us and Rangers cctv was poor and the police had concerns that it was outdated while the hertz were praised for the new cctv fitted in to the mega dome in gorgie.

Don't know how many police sniffer dogs Scottish police have in the force, if Hibs are asking the police to bring in dogs to detect drugs and explosives then that means these dogs will be taken from places like airports train stations and other high risk events, why has Leeann not went the full hog and fit breathalysers at the turnstiles to deter drunken folk from entering the ground, because so far the folk who have been caught doing things in grounds seem to have been under the influence of drink rather than drugs.

SChibs
11-04-2019, 11:02 AM
I'm pretty sure we were fitting new cctv in the ground no matter what this summer, have tried googling the piece in the papers where the SFA/SPFL had warned clubs that they need to be upgrading in better cctv to tackle disorder in grounds, it was hinted that us and Rangers cctv was poor and the police had concerns that it was outdated while the hertz were praised for the new cctv fitted in to the mega dome in gorgie.

Don't know how many police sniffer dogs Scottish police have in the force, if Hibs are asking the police to bring in dogs to detect drugs and explosives then that means these dogs will be taken from places like airports train stations and other high risk events, why has Leeann not went the full hog and fit breathalysers at the turnstiles to deter drunken folk from entering the ground, because so far the folk who have been caught doing things in grounds seem to have been under the influence of drink rather than drugs.

In the future it will be like airport security getting into Easter road

surreyhibbie
11-04-2019, 11:03 AM
Does pyro contain explosives? Is that what the dog is trying to detect? Excuse my ignorance, I dont know much about these things.

I spoke with a dog trainer who works in the prison service, I was surprised they had dogs that could sniff out phones the inmates had.

she assured me they could train a dog to find absolutely anything, in a maximum of 2 weeks. often much less.

flares etc - no problem!

SChibs
11-04-2019, 11:06 AM
I spoke with a dog trainer who works in the prison service, I was surprised they had dogs that could sniff out phones the inmates had.

she assured me they could train a dog to find absolutely anything, in a maximum of 2 weeks. often much less.

flares etc - no problem!

Teach them to bark when the pies at the kiosks have been cooked to the correct time so we get decent pies every time

Viva_Palmeiras
11-04-2019, 11:10 AM
In the future it will be like airport security getting into Easter road

But they are flares not smoke bombs ... :)

Maybe now flumps will realise the impact they are having by their actions and the steps deemed (rightly or wrongly) necessary by the club. Congratulations.

pacoluna
11-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Couple of incidents and all this comes into action, years of sectarian bull**** from the bigot brothers visiting at ER & away games and we've not laid a finger.

we are hibs
11-04-2019, 11:14 AM

Absolutely no one is forcing hibs to fork out 100k for this. It's hibs decision. Quite an overreaction from the club imo.

where'stheslope
11-04-2019, 11:15 AM
Read super Allies piece in the paper this morning, about time Police started to wade into fans to catch the culprits???
Can't wait to see that happen at Ibrox or Parkhead, it will be more entertaining than the football!!!!
Imagine when they plough into the green brigade at Parkhead, we've all seen what they're like at other grounds, they will see it as the police encroaching on their turf!!!
We all know it will only happen at smaller grounds with less attendances???

Lendo
11-04-2019, 11:20 AM

flares etc - no problem!

Assuming it's not raining of course....

hibee_nation
11-04-2019, 11:23 AM
Another first for Hibs.
Coconut sniffer dogs. No prizes for guessing what the dug gets for a wee treat for finding one.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2019, 11:23 AM
Assuming it's not raining of course....

:greengrin I have yet to get wet from any rain on the other side of the turnstiles. :wink:

hibee_nation
11-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Teach them to bark when the pies at the kiosks have been cooked to the correct time so we get decent pies every time

:faf:

theonlywayisup
11-04-2019, 11:27 AM

Agree :agree:

Over the last year, we've had people suggesting the lifting of the alcohol ban at Scottish Football grounds, the move to safe standing areas etc. But the chances of that happening are getting more and more remote. Until we (as a football support) can all go to support our team in a civilised manner without the need for throwing things onto the pitch, letting of flares, running onto the pitch etc there's no way any of these initiatives will be allowed.

SteveHFC
11-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Couple of incidents and all this comes into action, years of sectarian bull**** from the bigot brothers visiting at ER & away games and we've not laid a finger.

Spot on.

Over the top reaction by the club.

where'stheslope
11-04-2019, 11:40 AM
Another first for Hibs.
Coconut sniffer dogs. No prizes for guessing what the dug gets for a wee treat for finding one.
Bounty be a chocolate bar????

pacoluna
11-04-2019, 11:47 AM
Spot on.

Over the top reaction by the club.

Must be a special kind of CCTV that picks up sectarian bigotry :confused:

JXM73
11-04-2019, 11:53 AM
Must be a special kind of CCTV that picks up sectarian bigotry :confused:

For 100k it better be able to record sound as well as the colour oh their zits/plooks/spots!

scooby
11-04-2019, 11:55 AM

Haha

Moulin Yarns
11-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Can we clap the dogs?

Only if they deserve the appaws

snedzuk
11-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Time will tell what impact this has but for now am totally sticking peanut butter down the front of my undercrackers before the next home game.

Might give bonio a try myself - cheap bj.

Gatecrasher
11-04-2019, 12:32 PM
An over the top reaction to a couple of isolated incidents. LD admits the current CCTV is better than what most Scottish clubs have in place and is excellent then why spend £100k upgrading it? Also on top of that they are looking at undercover stewards and sniffer dogs? I decided to cancel my HSL d/d because the club obviously don't need the money after all. It all sounds like something out of a cold war era spy film no going to a bloody game of football.

SteveHFC
11-04-2019, 12:36 PM
An over the top reaction to a couple of isolated incidents. LD admits the current CCTV is better than what most Scottish clubs have in place and is excellent then why spend £100k upgrading it? Also on top of that they are looking at undercover stewards and sniffer dogs? I decided to cancel my HSL d/d because the club obviously don't need the money after all. It all sounds like something out of a cold war era spy film no going to a bloody game of football.

That 100k could be given to Heckingbottom to get a few more players in.

MWHIBBIES
11-04-2019, 12:39 PM
Really doubt the club are spending transfer money on this. More likely to be some cash reserves for things like this. Rather spend 100k now than get rimmed by Uefa if something happened at a euro game.

MWHIBBIES
11-04-2019, 12:40 PM

Because money hasnt been spent how you'd like you've decided the club do not need it?

One Day Soon
11-04-2019, 12:40 PM

FFS, I wish someone had mentioned this before now.

We've put a deposit down for a Labradoodle later in the year and it's not cheap. Now you're telling me it won't work in the rain? Will it just cease functioning while its raining or can it be permanently damaged?

Gatecrasher
11-04-2019, 12:45 PM
Because money hasnt been spent how you'd like you've decided the club do not need it?I (used to) pay a d/d over and above what I already put in through merch and ST. If the club think its appropriate to spend that kind of money on CCTV then my money is clearly better off in my bank.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jones28
11-04-2019, 12:47 PM

So the club spend money on improving safety standards at games and you cancel your DD that goes straight to the managers budget? That's a leap.

They're spending 100K upgrading the system because a complete ****ing roaster nearly hit a player with a glass bottle. Somebody at their work got a bottle thrown at them. That's the bottom line here.

They couldn't be identified and therefor the club have had their hand forced in order to uprgrade the system and not have the issue again.

Can someone please explain why it is an over-reaction?

Mikey
11-04-2019, 12:47 PM

:dummytit:

RobR27
11-04-2019, 12:51 PM
Seems a bit OTT.

Less than what we'll be fined / lose out on in games played behind closed doors if this nonsense continues.

Gatecrasher
11-04-2019, 12:56 PM
So the club spend money on improving safety standards at games and you cancel your DD that goes straight to the managers budget? That's a leap.

They're spending 100K upgrading the system because a complete ****ing roaster nearly hit a player with a glass bottle. Somebody at their work got a bottle thrown at them. That's the bottom line here.

They couldn't be identified and therefor the club have had their hand forced in order to uprgrade the system and not have the issue again.

Can someone please explain why it is an over-reaction?
How is that a leap? Where would that money be spent if it wasn't going to CCTV? So the managers budget is being reduced anyway and I don't want to subsidise the tattoo reading cameras. No one has forced hibs hand on this and I don't see anyone else taking extra measures.

Yeah a fud threw a a bottle of Buckie but plenty of matches pass without any incident at all thats why it's an over reaction.

:dummytit:

:rolleyes:

Saturday Boy
11-04-2019, 12:59 PM

flares etc - no problem!

You’re not wrong with this.

I have a neighbour with a collie. The dog barks if it sees me wearing brown shoes with black trousers.

It may be a fashion police dog, but I’m sure flares will be no problem 😉

surreyhibbie
11-04-2019, 01:06 PM
You’re not wrong with this.

I have a neighbour with a collie. The dog barks if it sees me wearing brown shoes with black trousers.

It may be a fashion police dog, but I’m sure flares will be no problem 😉

:greengrin:thumbsup:

wish I could tpye....

and to answer another comment, I don't suppose it rains much inside Durham Prison...

Mikey
11-04-2019, 01:11 PM
Spending 100k on new cctv systems & bringing in sniffer dogs to detect drugs or pyro.

Where is this being reported?

EDIT - Got it.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47885242

Haymaker
11-04-2019, 01:22 PM

flares etc - no problem!

They're even able to sniff out electronics like Penn drives etc. Amazing creatures.

Be afraid if they sit down after sniffing you!

cabbageandribs1875
11-04-2019, 01:24 PM
i predict a time will come when a flare thrower is going to get a sore jaw from one of his fellow fans :agree: you have/will cost the club/team you profess to love...D1CKHEID

WestStandMoaner
11-04-2019, 01:25 PM

I am with you, total over reaction, seriously considering stopping my HSL, was planning to buy three season tickets tomorrow having second thoughts now, i want my money put to players, LD needs to concentrate on that aspect of the club. Where does this end, better not fart or you will be banned, years of listening to bigots singing at Easter Road and she says and does nothing.

Northernhibee
11-04-2019, 01:34 PM
I am with you, total over reaction, seriously considering stopping my HSL, was planning to buy three season tickets tomorrow having second thoughts now, i want my money put to players, LD needs to concentrate on that aspect of the club. Where does this end, better not fart or you will be banned, years of listening to bigots singing at Easter Road and she says and does nothing.

Off you pop then pal. The ****ing idiots in our support have caused this. Why you don’t direct your anger towards them rather than the woman who has helped turn this club around I don’t know but this season we’ve seen a glass bottle thrown on the pitch, the Tavernier incident, stewards being spat at, countless flares, endless lines of coke in the toilets.

If that is on the same level as a “fart” to you then **** knows how you’ve gotten this far in life.

hibbyfraelibby
11-04-2019, 01:38 PM
Would be good if they could upgrade the tannoy when they are at it.

Give it rest. Not upgrading the Tannoy meant we got Horgan. Having to upgrade the CCTV will cost us McNulty

Gerard
11-04-2019, 01:50 PM
Give it rest. Not upgrading the Tannoy meant we got Horgan. Having to upgrade the CCTV will cost us McNulty

If we continue to have people who break the law ,it maybe we will have strict liability enforced by the SG. If that happens the club could be fined and parts of the ground closed if people continue to break the law.

Stonewall
11-04-2019, 01:58 PM

Are you being serious or did I just have a woosh moment?

WoreTheGreen
11-04-2019, 02:06 PM
Can we clap the dogs?

A big cheesey smile will do

Cauld Bovril
11-04-2019, 02:06 PM
FFS, I wish someone had mentioned this before now.

We've put a deposit down for a Labradoodle later in the year and it's not cheap. Now you're telling me it won't work in the rain? Will it just cease functioning while its raining or can it be permanently damaged?

Should be ok in the morning if you leave it in rice overnight

Up The Bracket
11-04-2019, 02:08 PM
My HSL has been cancelled also - frustrating paying £360 per annum of my hard earned cash being told its needed to help the manager when we have a spare £100k we can chuck at fancy cameras.

Season ticket of course already renewed, and will never not renew cause it’s what I love but I’m not throwing money I can spend on myself and my loved ones when that’s what the club are forking out for.

WoreTheGreen
11-04-2019, 02:09 PM
Should be ok in the morning if you leave it in rice overnight

Outstanding reply 😂😂

oldbutdim
11-04-2019, 02:24 PM

On the other hand, if Hibs hand over filed footage of identified bigots chanting away then I'm sure the police can deal as appropriate.

Sounds a great idea!
:thumbsup:

Not In The Know
11-04-2019, 02:24 PM
That 100k could be given to Heckingbottom to get a few more players in.

it would be with him already if the fannies hadnt thrown bottles of buckie

hibbyfraelibby
11-04-2019, 02:38 PM
Really it should be for the government/SPFL to set standards for CCTV which clubs should then follow. At the moment it looks excessive from us.

Government would set minimum standards. We are going the extra mile to mitigate then now proven risk at ER caused by jakey millennials who have a selfish sense of entitlement to do as they please even if it is detremental to everyone else

Iggy Pope
11-04-2019, 02:40 PM
I’m amazed (and disappointed) that we didn’t have adequate CCTV in place before now without it affecting player budget, which is what loads of you now appear to be dropping on your knees at. Player budgets shouldn’t be affected by infrastructure, every available penny of STs goes to the manager, blah blah blah.
I’m a contributor to HSL, not one of yer Ponzi zealots, but for now me and my sniffer dug smell sheeeeite.

ElginHibbie
11-04-2019, 02:43 PM
Club was already going to be making upgrades before the recent incidents were they not? So would think most of this cost has already been budgeted for, paid for over a number of years and won't actually impact the playing budget much. But that doesn't get a reaction, saying £100k does

As probably looking to attract new shirt sponsors and the like for next season this is all seems to me to be PR to try ensure no businesses are scared off due to recent incidents

Iggy Pope
11-04-2019, 02:45 PM
I (used to) pay a d/d over and above what I already put in through merch and ST. If the club think its appropriate to spend that kind of money on CCTV then my money is clearly better off in my bank.

They’ll be queuing up to shoot you for this. Cancelling your HSL as some form of protest will attract smart arse response from several who wouldn’t know an HSL contribution if it bit them on the bum.
Been there a while back. (I got so bored in the end though I didn’t bother cancelling).

Gatecrasher
11-04-2019, 02:45 PM
My HSL has been cancelled also - frustrating paying £360 per annum of my hard earned cash being told its needed to help the manager when we have a spare £100k we can chuck at fancy cameras.

Season ticket of course already renewed, and will never not renew cause it’s what I love but I’m not throwing money I can spend on myself and my loved ones when that’s what the club are forking out for.
Exactly :agree:

Gatecrasher
11-04-2019, 02:52 PM
They’ll be queuing up to shoot you for this. Cancelling your HSL as some form of protest will attract smart arse response from several who wouldn’t know an HSL contribution if it bit them on the bum.
Been there a while back. (I got so bored in the end though I didn’t bother cancelling).

:hilarious

I have been paying since launch but that news really irked me.

MrRobot
11-04-2019, 02:52 PM
Not a great move by Hibs, seriously at risk of alienating their fanbase by treating them all as potential criminals.

hibbyfraelibby
11-04-2019, 03:05 PM

As if you had a D/D in the first place...😉

Gatecrasher
11-04-2019, 03:08 PM
As if you had a D/D in the first place...[emoji6]Nah, I just made it all up for the attention and lols. [emoji849]

Moulin Yarns
Would people be happier if a section of the stand is closed instead?

Just been announced that hearts have closed part of the wheatfield stand.

JimBHibees

Surely a wind up. Think the cctv system was going to be upgraded anyway and if police are indicating drug use is an issue which can impact behaviour then why not look at sniffer dogs on a trial basis. Interesting that this can give some an opportunity to have a pop at the club rather than the fans causing this to happen. Strange one.

hibbyfraelibby
11-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Not a great move by Hibs, seriously at risk of alienating their fanbase by treating them all as potential criminals.

...especially those in the fanbase who are potential criminals eh?

B.H.F.C
11-04-2019, 03:11 PM
If the club wanted to do it, why bother publisising it and talking about the cost? More interested in pleasing some politicians and the media perhaps, rather than improving things on the pitch for those that part with their hard earned cash?

theonlywayisup
11-04-2019, 03:14 PM

Only those acting as criminals need to worry!

Peevemor
11-04-2019, 03:15 PM
If the club wanted to do it, why bother publisising it and talking about the cost? More interested in pleasing some politicians and the media perhaps, rather than improving things on the pitch for those that part with their hard earned cash?

Maybe it's to show those that think the rules don't apply to them how much they're costing the club?

Kojock
11-04-2019, 03:15 PM
Maybe LD will forego her annual bonus and we could use it for CCTV.

theonlywayisup
11-04-2019, 03:23 PM
Maybe LD will forego her annual bonus and we could use it for CCTV.

:confused: why?

B.H.F.C
11-04-2019, 03:23 PM
Maybe it's to show those that think the rules don't apply to them how much they're costing the club?

The club have chose to spend that much. They didn’t need to do that.

Peevemor
11-04-2019, 03:27 PM
The club have chose to spend that much. They didn’t need to do that.

Obviously the board think otherwise.

B.H.F.C
11-04-2019, 03:29 PM

Obviously do seem as that’s what they’ve decided to spend it on that.

Not long until we are being asked to part with more money with the promise every penny will be spent on the team though...

proud_and_green
11-04-2019, 03:29 PM
Really doubt the club are spending transfer money on this. More likely to be some cash reserves for things like this. Rather spend 100k now than get rimmed by Uefa if something happened at a euro game.Absolutely, this is money aimed at protecting the club and showing that we do take things seriously. If folk think this isn't a problem read the newspapers and se what is being said about this club. Whether that is deflection or not there is a perception that this club has a large ned element that goes back to the cup final and every incident confirms a view held by them.

Whether we like it our not and whether it is fair or not we are under the spotlight and every stupid incident means that the club has to paddle harder to maintain an even keel.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

500miles
11-04-2019, 03:32 PM
Obviously do seem as that’s what they’ve decided to spend it on that.

Not long until we are being asked to part with more money with the promise every penny will be spent on the team though...
The police believe we should have had it installed before now.

Thegreenside
11-04-2019, 03:35 PM
Seems a bit OTT.

Agreed

JohnMcM
11-04-2019, 03:44 PM

Your observation goes out the window if a dog is used after people are in and going to or are at their seats.
:flag:

superfurryhibby
11-04-2019, 03:48 PM

In the case of upgraded CCTV, that is a fairly predictable response from the Police.

I’m a bit dismayed to read that our systems are already of a pretty high standard. Enhanced CCTV will not stop the determined fud, but it will probably ensure they are caught. Maybe we could tie in with a big name in the surveillance world and do a deal involving the impending vacancy for our main sponsor, pay it up in instalments, therefore having less of a direct impact on club revenues?

Anyway, big well done to our resident idiots. Who the **** throws lighters, coins or buckie bottles at a football match...total ****z.

proud_and_green
11-04-2019, 03:53 PM
They're even able to sniff out electronics like Penn drives etc. Amazing creatures.

Be afraid if they sit down after sniffing you!In Molde , my daughter and I were sitting outside the sports pub when this car parked up and a guy got out with a spaniel he made like he was just out for a walk and went past the pub, the dog was into everything, I have absolutely no doubt that was a drugs dog. Even though the guy appeared to be regular Joe civi just out for a walk in town...!

B.H.F.C
11-04-2019, 03:54 PM

And? Dempster said our system was already excellent. If that was truly the case, why spend a six figure sum upgrading? That’s a wage for a year for a good player.

cmcd
11-04-2019, 04:00 PM
Slavering :rolleyes:

Yes you are

proud_and_green
11-04-2019, 04:00 PM
We could actually also save money by not having a roof on the stands, goodness know how many players that would have funded.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-04-2019, 04:03 PM

I'm not that bothered what Sting and his buddies think. 😀

green day
11-04-2019, 04:03 PM

I think what they are doing is demonstrating to the wider world that while there is a limit to what we can do, if we need to spend, we will do it - after that, its difficult for people to jump all over Hibs on these issues.

It is also a message to fannies that their actions just cost us a lot of money - arguments about how much a CCTV system should cost are futile, they cost what they cost, and in our case its £100k

If you think Hibs decided to do this to spite us fans, then you need your head examined.

Bishop Hibee
11-04-2019, 04:04 PM
Do music festivals have sniffer dogs as the punters enter? Genuine question as I’ve only ever been to a small one that didn’t.

As regards smoke bombs, the SFA and SPFL should lobby the Scottish government to allow fans to let these off in designated areas. I understand this happens in the US soccer league without complaint or incident. Problem solved as there would be no need to lob them into the pitch which is done to avoid detection.

frazeHFC
Dempster has lost it. £100k on cctv and sniffer dogs? Brutal.

we are hibs

If we've got 100k to waste on cctv then I look forward to us splashing the cash in the summer transfer window.

Moulin Yarns
11-04-2019, 04:07 PM
Do music festivals have sniffer dogs as the punters enter? Genuine question as I’ve only ever been to a small one that didn’t.

As regards smoke bombs, the SFA and SPFL should lobby the Scottish government to allow fans to let these off in designated areas. I understand this happens in the US soccer league without complaint or incident. Problem solved as there would be no need to lob them into the pitch which is done to avoid detection.

Definitely had them at TITP the last couple of times at Strathallan.

cmcd
11-04-2019, 04:09 PM
Agreed, but it's probably not too popular an opinion.

Wouldn't have been minor if the coconut had hit someone on the head

Malthibby
11-04-2019, 04:10 PM

Excellent, 100 grand down because of braindead fools who think they have a right to come to ER & throw anything they want, & now folk are talking about cancelling STs & HSL donations.
Is it really that important for a few folk to be able to carry on chucking flares and bottles about the place that fans are going to cause additional financial damage to the club by withdrawing financial support?
Am I now an Uber fan because I want to keep my season ticket?
You can hear them laughing from Gorgie.

SingaporeHibs
11-04-2019, 04:14 PM
This sounds like a PR story that’s gone horribly wrong with our support if this thread is anything to go by.
I doubt anyone will even notice sniffer dogs given the area around a Football stadium and if anything might only be seen at higher profile games. But the thought of them maybe being there will likely stop a few from bringing drugs to a game so job done.
The CCTV is a whole other issue. £100k goes a long way. A couple of high profile incidents surely does not warrant that type of expenditure given the system already in place. Not sure we need to spend on the best quality tech for a stadium of 20k when full.
LD needs to be a bit careful. Rightly or wrongly more and more seem to be asking questions of her judgements. Not a positive trend for sure.

B.H.F.C
11-04-2019, 04:16 PM
I think what they are doing is demonstrating to the wider world that while there is a limit to what we can do, if we need to spend, we will do it - after that, its difficult for people to jump all over Hibs on these issues.

It is also a message to fannies that their actions just cost us a lot of money - arguments about how much a CCTV system should cost are futile, they cost what they cost, and in our case its £100k

If you think Hibs decided to do this to spite us fans, then you need your head examined.

I never suggested they were doing it to spite our support so I’ll hold off on that head examination.

I have an issue with them spending 100k on something like this at the same time as saying we already have an excellent system.

It’s 100k less to spend on what matters to me, and most supporters, most. People are already mentioning things like cancelling HSL subscriptions leaving us even more out of pocket.

green day
11-04-2019, 04:23 PM
I never suggested they were doing it to spite our support so I’ll hold off on that head examination.

I have an issue with them spending 100k on something like this at the same time as saying we already have an excellent system.

It’s 100k less to spend on what matters to me, and most supporters, most. People are already mentioning things like cancelling HSL subscriptions leaving us even more out of pocket.

It can be excellent but still not good enough.

As for people threatening cancelling HSL subs:thumbsup:
Thats as good a demonstration of why "fan ownership" will never work. Fans should not be allowed anywhere near decisions on what Hibs spend money on - not because they are thick, but because there will be so many arguments about priorities - its why we have a board, its why we have a Chief Exec.

Right, Im off to slag Hearts about closing bits of their ground.....................

neil7908
11-04-2019, 04:32 PM
It can be excellent but still not good enough.

As for people threatening cancelling HSL subs:thumbsup:
Thats as good a demonstration of why "fan ownership" will never work. Fans should not be allowed anywhere near decisions on what Hibs spend money on - not because they are thick, but because there will be so many arguments about priorities - its why we have a board, its why we have a Chief Exec.

Right, Im off to slag Hearts about closing bits of their ground.....................

This 100%.

Why have the club got rid of Lennon? I'm not renewing until I know!

Why are we looking at player A? If that's the type of signings we're after I'm cancelling my HSL sub!

Dempster should have earned enough credit from the fans to be trusted to get on with her job. She has been a miracle for this club and made a number of great decisions.

And yet folk, with no real knowledge of the what's and the whys are already kicking off.

I trust her and back the club 100% on this. I'm tired of some of the conduct of a section of our so called fans.

I just hope we can use this to identify some of the nonsense that we see from both sides of the Old Firm when they come to visit.

mixumatosis
11-04-2019, 04:34 PM

Wonder what Willie Hamilton would have made of Günter Parche.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-04-2019, 04:40 PM
This 100%.

Why have the club got rid of Lennon? I'm not renewing until I know!

Why are we looking at player A? If that's the type of signings we're after I'm cancelling my HSL sub!

Dempster should have earned enough credit from the fans to be trusted to get on with her job. She has been a miracle for this club and made a number of great decisions.

And yet folk, with no real knowledge of the what's and the whys are already kicking off.

I trust her and back the club 100% on this. I'm tired of some of the conduct of a section of our so called fans.

I just hope we can use this to identify some of the nonsense that we see from both sides of the Old Firm when they come to visit.

Dinnae hold your breath. 😤

Heisenberg
11-04-2019, 04:44 PM
I’m massively surprised at the uproar caused by this. If it helps to catch some of the absolute muppets that have been at games recently then I’m all for it.

Also, everyone is presuming this has come out of the football budget. I very much doubt it will have.

green day
11-04-2019, 04:55 PM
I’m massively surprised at the uproar caused by this. If it helps to catch some of the absolute muppets that have been at games recently then I’m all for it.

Also, everyone is presuming this has come out of the football budget. I very much doubt it will have.

Something the frothing hordes ma have missed was that there was already a plan to put two new fangled cameras in place - this is just ramping up and bringing forward planned infrastructure costs.

Not too keen on a dog sniffing my balls on the way in mind.................

killie-hibby
11-04-2019, 05:00 PM
Retrospectively I am angry and outraged over Hibs installing pylon floodlights and entering the European cup.

barcahibs
11-04-2019, 05:43 PM
Some of the responses to this are unbelievable - I'm starting to question my own sanity... Are people really talking about withholding money from the club and blaming the board because some utter ********s in our support can't control themselves and want to act like little children?

Hugely disappointed that Hibs are having to spend time and money on an issue like this but 100% support it being spent.

Jones28
11-04-2019, 05:46 PM
How is that a leap? Where would that money be spent if it wasn't going to CCTV? So the managers budget is being reduced anyway and I don't want to subsidise the tattoo reading cameras. No one has forced hibs hand on this and I don't see anyone else taking extra measures.

Yeah a fud threw a a bottle of Buckie but plenty of matches pass without any incident at all thats why it's an over reaction.

:rolleyes:

Your HSL contribution goes straight to the managers pocket, not CCTV systems? All you're doing is lessening said budget and making a song and dance about it on a message board as if it's some sort of statement when really it's just spitting the dummy.

The clubs hand has been forced because if the incident doesn't occur in the first place then there isn't a problem, however this would appear to have highlighted it and forced the club into acting.

We got off lightly, imagine the bottle splits Sinclairs head open and the perpetrator cannot be identified, we would be hung out to dry.

You read the latest statement on Hearts? It would appear that our chums are also stepping up.

Well done to both clubs.

Jones28
11-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Some of the responses to this are unbelievable - I'm starting to question my own sanity... Are people really talking about withholding money from the club and blaming the board because some utter ********s in our support can't control themselves and want to act like little children?

Hugely disappointed that Hibs are having to spend time and money on an issue like this but 100% support it being spent.

Agree totally, some people don't get it and I can't fathom out why.

CentreLine
11-04-2019, 05:50 PM
This sounds like a PR story that’s gone horribly wrong with our support if this thread is anything to go by.
I doubt anyone will even notice sniffer dogs given the area around a Football stadium and if anything might only be seen at higher profile games. But the thought of them maybe being there will likely stop a few from bringing drugs to a game so job done.
The CCTV is a whole other issue. £100k goes a long way. A couple of high profile incidents surely does not warrant that type of expenditure given the system already in place. Not sure we need to spend on the best quality tech for a stadium of 20k when full.
LD needs to be a bit careful. Rightly or wrongly more and more seem to be asking questions of her judgements. Not a positive trend for sure.

I suppose it’s only gone “horribly wrong” if you only read comments from the very few people criticising the club for what appears to be a very sensible and measured response to an upsurge in idiotic behaviour at football matches.

My_Wife_Camille
11-04-2019, 06:02 PM
And always this thread has descended into two extremes.

Either you agree with Dempster and you are a board sympathising sycophant or you disagree and you are a board hating moaner with an agenda.

Imo this is a bad call from our CEO and I don’t agree with it at all.

green day
11-04-2019, 06:04 PM
And always this thread has descended into two extremes.

Either you agree with Dempster and you are a board sympathising sycophant or you disagree and you are a board hating moaner with an agenda.

Imo this is a bad call from our CEO and I don’t agree with it at all.

Et Tu MWC?

Gatecrasher
11-04-2019, 06:06 PM
Your HSL contribution goes straight to the managers pocket, not CCTV systems? All you're doing is lessening said budget and making a song and dance about it on a message board as if it's some sort of statement when really it's just spitting the dummy.

The clubs hand has been forced because if the incident doesn't occur in the first place then there isn't a problem, however this would appear to have highlighted it and forced the club into acting.

We got off lightly, imagine the bottle splits Sinclairs head open and the perpetrator cannot be identified, we would be hung out to dry.

You read the latest statement on Hearts? It would appear that our chums are also stepping up.

Well done to both clubs.Song and dance? Spitting the dummy? FFS [emoji23][emoji23] All I have done is share my opinion just like everyone else on here.

Like I said my HSL contributions are over and above my other purchases and my season ticket because the fans were asked to back the manager financially. Well it seems spending a £100k on some a CCTV system that can read our tattoos is more important. Whether the money comes from HSL, the clubs finances or wherever is besides the point, that's still £100k less that the club will have somewhere and why am I paying extra out of my hard earned cash when the club can clearly afford such a purchase?

LD admitted herself that the CCTV is one of the best in Scottish football so is that kind of expenditure really needed? A Ln upgrade to cover some blind spots, sure but £100k? And that's just the tip of the iceberg with undercover agents, sniffer dogs and grass lines being considered. It's a game of football FFS, you get the odd tube, it happens (in every aspect of life) no amount of CCTV or security will stop that. You ban him/her and let everyone get on with their lives.

GreenLake
11-04-2019, 06:15 PM

They have them for numerous purposes and they work rather well. In Argentina, they use sniffer dogs to catch people smuggling in smartphones or cash in dollar bills.

This is going to be fun. :popcorn:

neil7908
11-04-2019, 06:23 PM
Song and dance? Spitting the dummy? FFS [emoji23][emoji23] All I have done is share my opinion just like everyone else on here.

Like I said my HSL contributions are over and above my other purchases and my season ticket because the fans were asked to back the manager financially. Well it seems spending a £100k on some a CCTV system that can read our tattoos is more important. Whether the money comes from HSL, the clubs finances or wherever is besides the point, that's still £100k less that the club will have somewhere and why am I paying extra out of my hard earned cash when the club can clearly afford such a purchase?

LD admitted herself that the CCTV is one of the best in Scottish football so is that kind of expenditure really needed? A Ln upgrade to cover some blind spots, sure but £100k? And that's just the tip of the iceberg with undercover agents, sniffer dogs and grass lines being considered. It's a game of football FFS, you get the odd tube, it happens (in every aspect of life) no amount of CCTV or security will stop that. You ban him/her and let everyone get on with their lives.

Can I ask, why do you think the club are doing this?

My_Wife_Camille
11-04-2019, 06:26 PM
Et Tu MWC?
I don’t agree with this one so I must be the latter :cb

Gatecrasher
11-04-2019, 06:27 PM
Can I ask, why do you think the club are doing this?I think the club are doing it to appease the sfa, media, police and Scottish government in a bid to show action being taken against some recent high profile incidents.

Jones28
11-04-2019, 06:34 PM
Song and dance? Spitting the dummy? FFS [emoji23][emoji23] All I have done is share my opinion just like everyone else on here.

That is the most bizarre conclusion to come to in this instance. You're implying the club sit on hundreds of thousands waiting for something like this to happen? Like they've got a ridiculous rainy day fund. The club have been forced into this through circumstance. How do you know the club can afford it - its something that has been pressed on them by a knob with a taste for cheap coke and buckie.

It is, but it wasn't good enough which was highlighted by this incident! You say ban them and get on with your life - how can you ban them when the CCTV can't catch the ****ers?

matty_f
11-04-2019, 06:39 PM

Same here.

If folk are getting annoyed about it, direct your anger at the racists, the folk who chuck stuff at players, and the folk who ignore repeated requests to stick by some fairly simple ****ing rules when there at a game.

RIP
11-04-2019, 06:43 PM
The board had little choice but to act. Hearts have done likewise and shut a section.

Anyone who doesn’t understand what pressure the SPFL, police, courts, council and Scottish Government can apply isn’t living in the real world.

PatHead
11-04-2019, 06:44 PM
I think the club are doing it to appease the sfa, media, police and Scottish government in a bid to show action being taken against some recent high profile incidents.

And reduce the chance of a fine?

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Folk using the quoye from LD saying its a waste of time because we already have a good CCTV system, may want to ask themselves, why the club want a better one in.

Perhaps its not as good as we currently need, you know with all the flares and bottles that are raining onto the park?

I'm all for this, and the dogs too. Some of those dogs could also be set upon the clowns that run onto the park to tackle opposition players trying to take a throw in.

Gatecrasher
11-04-2019, 06:50 PM
That is the most bizarre conclusion to come to in this instance. You're implying the club sit on hundreds of thousands waiting for something like this to happen? Like they've got a ridiculous rainy day fund. The club have been forced into this through circumstance. How do you know the club can afford it - its something that has been pressed on them by a knob with a taste for cheap coke and buckie.

It is, but it wasn't good enough which was highlighted by this incident! You say ban them and get on with your life - how can you ban them when the CCTV can't catch the ****ers?

How is it bizarre? A lot of companies have expenditure funds and the club have committed to it already so they must be able to afford it, right?

I know the circumstances the club are in and I do understand the reasons for them committing to this but I don't agree with them and think they are unreasonable and over the top. I don't expect you to agree with me but that's my opinion.

Iggy Pope
11-04-2019, 07:10 PM
How is it bizarre? A lot of companies have expenditure funds and the club have committed to it already so they must be able to afford it, right?

I know the circumstances the club are in and I do understand the reasons for them committing to this but I don't agree with them and think they are unreasonable and over the top. I don't expect you to agree with me but that's my opinion.

I did say they’d be lining up :greengrin

Gatecrasher
11-04-2019, 07:14 PM
I did say they’d be lining up :greengrinYour not wrong[emoji102]

StevesFamau5
11-04-2019, 07:21 PM
Folk using the quoye from LD saying its a waste of time because we already have a good CCTV system, may want to ask themselves, why the club want a better one in.

Perhaps its not as good as we currently need, you know with all the flares and bottles that are raining onto the park?

I'm all for this, and the dogs too. Some of those dogs could also be set upon the clowns that run onto the park to tackle opposition players trying to take a throw in.

It would be interesting to see one of the daft wee 'ultras' come face to face with a 45 kilo pissed off German Shepherd....

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2019, 07:23 PM
It would be interesting to see one of the daft wee 'ultras' come face to face with a 45 kilo pissed off German Shepherd....

:greengrin

Eyrie
11-04-2019, 07:24 PM
I'm annoyed that the club is spending £100k on a new CCTV system.

But I'm intelligent enough to recognise that this is the fault of the idiots throwing bottles, flares etc so I'm annoyed at them and not the club.

Saturday Boy
11-04-2019, 07:36 PM

And his dug 😉

Radium
11-04-2019, 08:41 PM
Objects, including a bottle, thrown by fans in the stadium and our CCTV can’t identify the culprits.

Sure we will have liability insurance but don’t know if these incidents will affect our premium.

Justice Secretary is banging on about the government sorting things out through the licensing system - would CCTV that can’t identify people pass.

Club want to be in Europe regularly but UEFA aren’t backwards in dishing out fines. How much for a bottle hitting a player?

Board decide to mitigate these and make the ground safer for fans and players.

Sure there are many things that £100k would buy but can understand why we are doing it.

My only hope is that the club call out all unacceptable behaviour, including visiting fans going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jones28
11-04-2019, 09:49 PM

But you're effectively punishing the club for the actions of idiots by doing that?

joebakerforever
11-04-2019, 11:21 PM
Maybe instant on-the-spot punishment like this could also be a deterrent :idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o13glRURgTE

Gatecrasher
12-04-2019, 05:41 AM
But you're effectively punishing the club for the actions of idiots by doing that?

Perhaps you could put it like that, but my thinking is more along the lines of I disagree with the action taken and the huge sums being used to put that action into force.

Jones28
12-04-2019, 05:47 AM
Perhaps you could put it like that, but my thinking is more along the lines of I disagree with the action taken and the huge sums being used to put that action into force.

100k is a lot of money but if it helps to bring this kind of thing to an end then IMO it's money well spent. I guess we will agree to disagree.

Gatecrasher
12-04-2019, 05:49 AM
100k is a lot of money but if it helps to bring this kind of thing to an end then IMO it's money well spent. I guess we will agree to disagree.I think agreeing to disagree is the only thing we agree on in regards to this matter [emoji16]

Jones28
12-04-2019, 05:50 AM
I think agreeing to disagree is the only thing we agree on in regards to this matter [emoji16]

Agreed 😂👍🏻

we are hibs
12-04-2019, 05:53 AM

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9775

Dempsters own words that she would rather be spending it on football so it's clearly came out the football budget.

we are hibs
12-04-2019, 05:55 AM
For those claiming the 100k won't come out the football budget and was money set aside for cctv to be upgraded anyway; then why has dempster said she would rather be spending it on football If it's nothing to do with the football budget?

green day
12-04-2019, 06:11 AM

Dempsters own words that she would rather be spending it on football so it's clearly came out the football budget.

No it didn't.

If I had a hole in my roof, I would fix it even though I would prefer to be spending the cash on a holiday.

That doesn't mean fixing the roof came out of my "holiday budget".

matty_f
12-04-2019, 06:14 AM
For those claiming the 100k won't come out the football budget and was money set aside for cctv to be upgraded anyway; then why has dempster said she would rather be spending it on football If it's nothing to do with the football budget?

That doesn't change what they said. If we'd set aside £100k for essential stadium improvement (for example) we'd be spending that money anyway because it was essential, but it would have been better if it could have been spent on the team.

I'd guess that if you asked Dempster if she'd prefer that we spent the club's gas bill on the team instead of to the gas company she'd say she would, as with any expenditure that's not the team.

we are hibs
12-04-2019, 06:17 AM
No it didn't.

If I had a hole in my roof, I would fix it even though I would prefer to be spending the cash on a holiday.

That doesn't mean fixing the roof came out of my "holiday budget".

Difference is a hole in your roof is an urgent repair and cost that you cannot avoid.

There is absolutely no need for us to be wasting money on CCTV when no one is demanding we install it. Doesn't sit well with me that a month ago they were sending out leaflets from HSL saying we need to be honest with ourselves as Aberdeen and hearts fans are putting more money into their clubs as if we aren't doing enough then they're chucking 100k at this, which in her words would've been going towards the football side.

Allant1981
12-04-2019, 06:22 AM

I'm sure this is the reason you arent going to buy season tickets

Viva_Palmeiras
12-04-2019, 06:30 AM

“Tresspassen am mein land ist Verboten!”

JimBHibees
12-04-2019, 06:31 AM
Difference is a hole in your roof is an urgent repair and cost that you cannot avoid.

There is absolutely no need for us to be wasting money on CCTV when no one is demanding we install it. Doesn't sit well with me that a month ago they were sending out leaflets from HSL saying we need to be honest with ourselves as Aberdeen and hearts fans are putting more money into their clubs as if we aren't doing enough then they're chucking 100k at this, which in her words would've been going towards the football side.

Clearly organisations like Police and government are demanding we do it.

green day
12-04-2019, 06:32 AM

No, iirc her words were she would "prefer" to spend it on football.

You don't need to read between the lines when it's there in front of you.......

Viva_Palmeiras
12-04-2019, 06:36 AM
I'm sure this is the reason you arent going to buy season tickets

Do I sense a letter being crafted ? “Sincerely” or “faithfully” hand delivered or 1st class? Decisions, decisions.

JSR1875
12-04-2019, 06:38 AM

Doesn't look overly clear to me that this is the case. If so why are all teams not being forced to implement this?
It looks more like the Dempster/Budge crusade against the fans has been stepped up a gear.

Missiles at the football isn't a new thing, can recall numerous instances over the years.
An extraordinary waste of ST cash and HSL donations.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-04-2019, 06:40 AM
No, iirc her words were she would "prefer" to spend it on football.

You don't need to read between the lines when it's there in front of you.......

I do get the impression Leeann could craft a letter, publish a statement, give an interview, speak to Folks individually and yet still some folks don’t appear to hear the message. Now Why is that?

MSK
12-04-2019, 06:46 AM
Doesn't look overly clear to me that this is the case. If so why are all teams not being forced to implement this?
It looks more like the Dempster/Budge crusade against the fans has been stepped up a gear.

Missiles at the football isn't a new thing, can recall numerous instances over the years.
An extraordinary waste of ST cash and HSL donations.So just to be clear, hibs are spending £100, 000 on cctv and its coming out of the season ticket and HSL pot yeah ?

Mikey
12-04-2019, 06:54 AM

An extraordinary waste of ST cash and HSL donations.

I don't feel like they're on any sort of crusade against me. Then again, I don't chuck flares, bottles or coconuts.

Smartie
12-04-2019, 06:55 AM
There is only one pot - the club.

If we didn't have these clowns chucking stuff we wouldn't need to spend this money.

The club are not to blame here.

The next time the person next to you chucks a coin, bottle, coconut or flare, try to get it into your skulls that 250 people around you have bought season tickets without the playing budget seeing a penny, just so the club can have a better chance of catching and banning the thrower.

I'm 100% behind the club, and I'm impressed by the way Hearts have clamped down too.

green day
12-04-2019, 06:56 AM
I do get the impression Leeann could craft a letter, publish a statement, give an interview, speak to Folks individually and yet still some folks don’t appear to hear the message. Now Why is that?

Actually this bit is an area where I think she could help herself more - although I dont think its her forte.

If I was in charge of the "PR machine at Hibs" :greengrin I would arrange for her to sit down and talk to one or two of the "high profile" people who criticise online etc.

A F2F meeting is always less likely to be taken the wrong way.

At the moment - as you rightly say - it doesnt matter how she crafts a message, it is being taken in all sorts of directions by some people.

I still think the Petrie angle is an issue in a lot of the anger, although for some people even if he went I am sure they would just continue to criticise her..........

JSR1875
12-04-2019, 06:58 AM
So just to be clear, hibs are spending £100, 000 on cctv and its coming out of the season ticket and HSL pot yeah ?

Does it matter where it comes from? It is a massive, unnecceary dent in the finances of the club - ridiculous to suggest it won't impact the football department.
A voluntary investment of £100,000 on ****ing cameras, wow.

Allant1981
12-04-2019, 07:17 AM
Do I sense a letter being crafted ? “Sincerely” or “faithfully” hand delivered or 1st class? Decisions, decisions.

Recorded delivery I think

Allant1981
12-04-2019, 07:18 AM

If we didn't have these clowns chucking stuff we wouldn't need to spend this money.

The next time the person next to you chucks a coin, bottle, coconut or flare, try to get it into your skulls that 250 people around you have bought season tickets without the playing budget seeing a penny, just so the club can have a better chance of catching and banning the thrower.

I'm 100% behind the club, and I'm impressed by the way Hearts have clamped down too.

Exactly, if the idiots we have in our support didnt throw glass bottles or run on any part of the pitch then the club wouldn't need to take these measures

SMAXXA
12-04-2019, 07:20 AM

Agree 100% with this

Juniper Greens
12-04-2019, 07:35 AM
I think this 100k is money that I would rather spend on the team, but given the situation we have found ourselves in, it may save us more money that the 100k as it limits the risk of things flaring up again, saving
Liability insurance premiums
Reputational risk
Losing fans due to not feeling safe
Higher policing costs due to constant issues

I'm sure this list could be added to.
I think the club's hand has been forced and they are having to act

Golden Bear
12-04-2019, 07:40 AM

:agree:

In a nutshell and I can't understand why others think differently.

Actions have consequences and in this case one of the consequences is that a few mindless idiots have tarnished the image of our Club and the overwhelming majority of decent fans.

we are hibs
12-04-2019, 07:47 AM

Are they? You know this how?

we are hibs
12-04-2019, 07:51 AM

She's had enough praise over the years, particularly the first 3 season's. But this season she's lost it a wee bit and some of her decision making and comments have warranted criticism. Let's not make out as if there is some kind of big agenda amongst some hibs fans against her.

Hibs07p
12-04-2019, 07:53 AM
Once this new system is installed and it starts catching "offenders", the court should recognise the effort and cost made by the club to catch these offenders and make them contribute to the cost as part of any penalty they receive. It will either pay for itself or the stadium becomes a safer place for everyone if no-one is committing dangerous offences. The added bonus being that if it is also fitted with audio recording equipment, it should also be easier to identify those singing sectarian songs and bringing them to book. There would then be no chance of our club being criticised for the police being unable or unwilling for them to do their jobs properly because of lack of evidence.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

MWHIBBIES
12-04-2019, 08:22 AM

Because 100k that could be spent on football will need to replenish that 100k missing from the rainy day fund.

JimBHibees
12-04-2019, 08:24 AM
Are they? You know this how?

You think they arent.

green day
12-04-2019, 08:26 AM
She's had enough praise over the years, particularly the first 3 season's. But this season she's lost it a wee bit and some of her decision making and comments have warranted criticism. Let's not make out as if there is some kind of big agenda amongst some hibs fans against her.

Nobody is above criticism - fwiw, I think her sniffer dogs idea is hysterical nonsense - and nobody has said there is "a big agenda" - but there are absolutely some high profile Hibs fans on social media who are talking some utter nonsense about LD.

It really ramped up with Lennon leaving, and - despite excellent results - these same people just cant wait to hit the club with their ill thought out rubbish when a few fannies throwing stuff on the pitch push the club into a corner.

Part of me thinks that some people preferred it when Petrie was in charge and it was shambolic - now that things are different, they still need someone "in power" at Hibs to hate, and now its Dempster.

Some people need to engage the brain before posting or tweeting.

JimBHibees
12-04-2019, 08:29 AM

In your opinion. I think she has dealt with a very difficult year with the Lennon implosion plus the fan issues very well in the main. No one is ever going to get it right all the time however I think she has been very good, strong in condemnation of the behaviour and also strong in the actions such as this announcement re cctv. Really struggling to see why that announcement has had the borderline hysterical response it seems to have got. I think there are some Hibs fans who at the moment are criticising her every move for some reason I dont get.

Sioux
12-04-2019, 08:29 AM

There are certainly some with an agenda. Are you one of them?

Its only morons that have a problem with what LD and Budge are doing.

J-C
12-04-2019, 08:42 AM
The club takes a positive stance over drugs and pyros that the majority say is a problem and we now see the many posters on her with an anti Hibs/Leeann agenda. Then we get others moaning about not stopping the sectarian crap, you do realise that is not our problem. Our problem is a bunch of coked up ass holes who want throw **** and run on the pitch now and then.

Killiehibbie
12-04-2019, 08:51 AM
What happens when the dog picks you out? Is it a pat down or a strip search with rubber glove? If nothing is found do you get an apology and a voucher for a free pie or refused entry?

B.H.F.C
12-04-2019, 08:51 AM
The club takes a positive stance over drugs and pyros that the majority say is a problem and we now see the many posters on her with an anti Hibs/Leeann agenda. Then we get others moaning about not stopping the sectarian crap, you do realise that is not our problem. Our problem is a bunch of coked up ass holes who want throw **** and run on the pitch now and then.

Just because people happen to disagree with how we are choosing to spend a substantial amount of money it doesn’t mean you have an agenda.

As for sectarian stuff, if it happens in our stadium it is absolutely our problem. If we are prepared to ignore it, say or do nothing about it and have them back to do it all again every few months can we really moan about others turning a blind eye?

we are hibs
12-04-2019, 08:54 AM
There are certainly some with an agenda. Are you one of them?

Its only morons that have a problem with what LD and Budge are doing.

I don't have an agenda. I think budge and herself have gone about it the wrong way. The tone of The Budge ststement was like she was lecturing their fans. That's just going to have the opposite effect and they will just act up even more. Closing sections of the ground for 2 games wont have much of an effect either. Its the individuals who are in the sections; who are still in a minority, that need dealt with not 190 odd season ticket holders who are innocent and rightly feel like they are being wrongly punished

SON OF PADDY
12-04-2019, 08:58 AM

Well said mate,can't believe the grief the club are getting over this.

theonlywayisup
12-04-2019, 08:58 AM
I don't have an agenda. I think budge and herself have gone about it the wrong way. The tone of The Budge ststement was like she was lecturing their fans. That's just going to have the opposite effect and they will just act up even more. Closing sections of the ground for 2 games wont have much of an effect either. Its the individuals who are in the sections; who are still in a minority, that need dealt with not 190 odd season ticket holders who are innocent and rightly feel like they are being wrongly punished

Tell me, how would you address the upsurge in football fans disorder?

Lots of people being critical about this decision, but I'm not hearing many alternatives apart from hoping it goes away.

we are hibs
12-04-2019, 09:02 AM
Tell me, how would you address the upsurge in football fans disorder?

Lots of people being critical about this decision, but I'm not hearing many alternatives apart from hoping it goes away.

Ban people on an individual basis. When they do something wrong then ban them. And when banned they stay banned because I know plenty of people with a "life ban" who still rock up to tynie and ER every week. If the clubs were serious about stopping bad behaviour they would enforce these more heavily.Don't punish a whole section for one or two ********s inability to behave. All your doing with that is getting even more fans backs up.

Aldo
12-04-2019, 09:12 AM
Objects, including a bottle, thrown by fans in the stadium and our CCTV can’t identify the culprits.

Sure we will have liability insurance but don’t know if these incidents will affect our premium.

Justice Secretary is banging on about the government sorting things out through the licensing system - would CCTV that can’t identify people pass.

Club want to be in Europe regularly but UEFA aren’t backwards in dishing out fines. How much for a bottle hitting a player?

Board decide to mitigate these and make the ground safer for fans and players.

Sure there are many things that £100k would buy but can understand why we are doing it.

My only hope is that the club call out all unacceptable behaviour, including visiting fans going forward.

Your last paragraph is spot on however if you are not already aware there is an SPFL delegate at every game..... they also attend pre March and post match meetings with both clubs!

They should be pointing out this to the powers that be and that includes all incidents of sectarian signing! I am going to suggest that they have not and will continue not to mention this if it involves either of the OF.

We will never ever stop sectarian signing and abuse in this country however until the SPFL and SFA step up to the plate and point the finger at the clubs that do it will continue to be swept under the carpet!

Doncaster and the rest are running scared of those 2 and imho will never do anything. They are the ones that should be asked the question and at every opportunity!

Golden Bear
12-04-2019, 09:13 AM
Ban people on an individual basis. When they do something wrong then ban them. And when banned they stay banned because I know plenty of people with a "life ban" who still rock up to tynie and ER every week. If the clubs were serious about stopping bad behaviour they would enforce these more heavily.Don't punish a whole section for one or two ********s inability to behave. All your doing with that is getting even more fans backs up.

The trick is to stop the sources of potential trouble entering the stadium in the first place and if that means using dugs then I've no objections.

J-C
12-04-2019, 10:02 AM

The fact you called Leeann "HERSELF" in that post says everything about you.

JimboHibs
12-04-2019, 10:06 AM
The fact you called Leeann "HERSELF" in that post says everything about you.

What does it say about them ?

J-C
12-04-2019, 10:08 AM
What does it say about them ?

That he he doesn't have any respect for her and has an agenda.

JimboHibs
12-04-2019, 10:09 AM
That he he doesn't have any respect for her and has an agenda.

👍

Jones28
12-04-2019, 10:10 AM

HSL goes to the playing budget.

By your reckoning we'd be as well not having any at all. If the original system couldn't identify the thrower of a bottle then it is not good enough!

marinello59
12-04-2019, 10:13 AM

Closing sections would be one of the punishments if strict liability was introduced. That’s one of the reasons I am against it. Some Scottish fitba fans seem to think only the Old Firm would face sanctions if it was introduced. We’d be a much easier target when it came to showing that something was being done.

overdrive
12-04-2019, 10:13 AM
I'm opening myself up to ridicule here but I have a severe phobia of dogs. Will they come up to every punter to have a sniff? I will probably cause a major scene if they come anywhere near me, like I did at Auckland airport with the sniffer dogs hunting out contraband food.

J-C
12-04-2019, 10:14 AM
HSL goes to the playing budget.

By your reckoning we'd be as well not having any at all. If the original system couldn't identify the thrower of a bottle then it is not good enough!

Leeann said after that game the CCTV needed upgraded, we all heard her say this but then some go mental when they do so, how much do people think this stuff costs?

Jones28
12-04-2019, 10:14 AM

Like what?

Jones28
12-04-2019, 10:18 AM
Leeann said after that game the CCTV needed upgraded, we all heard her say this but then some go mental when they do so, how much do people think this stuff costs?

Some fans seem to think a bottle being thrown is "just one incident". But it's just one incident that shows us the system isnt good enough. If the bottle doesn't get thrown it doesn't highlight it and the £100,000 (or as Smartie put it 250 season tickets) goes elsewhere.

green day
12-04-2019, 10:26 AM
Just because people happen to disagree with how we are choosing to spend a substantial amount of money it doesn’t mean you have an agenda.

As for sectarian stuff, if it happens in our stadium it is absolutely our problem. If we are prepared to ignore it, say or do nothing about it and have them back to do it all again every few months can we really moan about others turning a blind eye?

If we had strict liability, it would be our problem to deal with - we dont have it, so it isnt our issue.

Going off topic somewhat, but as someone else has said - if the SPFL delegate started reporting sectarian singing, and they got docked points, it would stop immediately as Celtic and Huns fans - although neanderthal - dont want points removed.

However, that is an SPFL matter, and no matter how much the Petrie and Dempster haters bang on about it, Hibs cant actually stop them singing sectarian songs, short of banning them all from our stadium, which we cant do (if we reduced it to 900, you can bet your bottom dollar they would be belting them out).

So, over to you - whats your solution?

B.H.F.C
12-04-2019, 10:46 AM
If we had strict liability, it would be our problem to deal with - we dont have it, so it isnt our issue.

Going off topic somewhat, but as someone else has said - if the SPFL delegate started reporting sectarian singing, and they got docked points, it would stop immediately as Celtic and Huns fans - although neanderthal - dont want points removed.

However, that is an SPFL matter, and no matter how much the Petrie and Dempster haters bang on about it, Hibs cant actually stop them singing sectarian songs, short of banning them all from our stadium, which we cant do (if we reduced it to 900, you can bet your bottom dollar they would be belting them out).

So, over to you - whats your solution?

Strict liability sees clubs liable for their own supporters so under strict liability we wouldn’t be liable for what that lot sing.

My point is that we could stop them doing it in our ground by not letting them in. We’re happy to accept the cash though. I’m not advocating we should ban them by the way, but we could if we wanted to. The issue is nobody wants to tackle the problem. It’s always someone else who has to do it. It’s obviously a much deeper problem in society but we don’t need to have it in our ground, we just choose to.

PatHead
12-04-2019, 11:18 AM
The bottom line is that if things carry on as they are someone will get hurt. Better to try and stop it before it happens.

If cameras covering all the seats help then so much the better. The same with the dogs. Unfortunate it costs so much.

green day
12-04-2019, 11:45 AM
Strict liability sees clubs liable for their own supporters so under strict liability we wouldn’t be liable for what that lot sing.

My point is that we could stop them doing it in our ground by not letting them in. We’re happy to accept the cash though. I’m not advocating we should ban them by the way, but we could if we wanted to. The issue is nobody wants to tackle the problem. It’s always someone else who has to do it. It’s obviously a much deeper problem in society but we don’t need to have it in our ground, we just choose to.

By the absolute definition of SL, you are right - however there are those who suggest that if a club holds an event, it would be liable for everything that happens in its grounds..........which is one reason why non OF clubs dont like it.

On the "ban them" bit - we cant, we have to allow a %age of fans in, hence the tit for tat small number of fans thing that went on at Ibrox / Parkhead.

So, if we reduce the number to 900 (or whatever) my point is that this in itself wont stop sectarian singing.

You say that we could stop them coming in, then you say "I am not advocating a ban" then say in the next sentence "we choose to have it in our ground" - which, as I have told you is entirely wrong.

People tend to oversimplify this...........

theonlywayisup
12-04-2019, 12:24 PM

Okay! So how do we prevent people who've been banned on an individual basis from re-appearing at Easter Road. You clearly state that's not working. If fellow law abiding supporters are not willing to 'grass' on their fellow supporter, maybe we need some facial recognition cameras to identify those who've been banned. Alternatively, you could do your fellow law abiding supporters a favour by letting Hibs or the Police know who these "people" are. The fact that you know "plenty" deeply concerns me.

Which then brings us back to "how do you identify those who have done wrong to then ban them"? Obviously, we've situations when those who've thrown things onto the pitch are not being identified. So, unless fellow law abiding supporters are willing to 'grass' on their fellow supporters, then the clubs have little option but to go down the CCTV route.

I'm 100% sure that there are people on this website who know who the bottle thrower in the Celtic game is. There will be those who know the name of the person who through the flares onto the pitch at recent high profile games. But no-one is willing to 'grass' on their mates. So how about they say "please don't do that again" in whatever type of language they wish to use.

Unless the Hibernian support come up with a better self policing option, then CCTV etc is the new norm.

B.H.F.C
12-04-2019, 12:44 PM
By the absolute definition of SL, you are right - however there are those who suggest that if a club holds an event, it would be liable for everything that happens in its grounds..........which is one reason why non OF clubs dont like it.

On the "ban them" bit - we cant, we have to allow a %age of fans in, hence the tit for tat small number of fans thing that went on at Ibrox / Parkhead.

So, if we reduce the number to 900 (or whatever) my point is that this in itself wont stop sectarian singing.

You say that we could stop them coming in, then you say "I am not advocating a ban" then say in the next sentence "we choose to have it in our ground" - which, as I have told you is entirely wrong.

People tend to oversimplify this...........

The only time we have to give over a certain percentage is for a cup tie.

If you can’t eradicate it all together then surely it’s better to do something rather than nothing? I come back to my point that we choose to give them nearly 20% of the seats in our stadium, we don’t have to.

As I said it’s an issue with society issue rather than Hibs. Everybody wants rid of it but nobody is quite willing to do anything to make it happen. It’s easier to wait on someone else doing something rather than take a tough stance themselves.

Keith_M
12-04-2019, 12:56 PM
RE: Sectarian Singing by visiting fans.

Hibs make an announcement before every game about unacceptable conduct, including racism and sectarianism. Fans of certain clubs ignore that warning and belt out their sectarian or terrorist worshipping lyrics. Hibs, along with the media, police and SFA/SPFL ignore that it even happened.

I would like to see Hibs demonstrate the same level of disgust they they would (rightly) have for instances of racism.

One Racist Fan?

-- A big fuss in the media, condemnation from the club, politicians speaking out, etc, etc.

3,500 Sectarian Rangers Fans?

:tumble:

blackpoolhibs
12-04-2019, 01:25 PM
There's another hoo ha this morning here in England, regarding Chelsea fans last night in Prague. Its was hilarious listening to two of the biggest phannys in the world, get their knickers in a twist on talksport earlier on this.

The hypocrisy from Brazil and McCoist playing to their audience on how they condemn it and clubs and the Fa HAVE to get to the bottom of this and stamp it out.

You know in a backhanded way, all this trouble in England with racism and the anti muslim feelings could help us with our bigotry problem.

The English will do much more than pay this lip service, they have a huge product to protect. Eyes from around the country will be on us sooner than we think once they start addressing the problem down here.

green day
12-04-2019, 01:45 PM
The only time we have to give over a certain percentage is for a cup tie.

If you can’t eradicate it all together then surely it’s better to do something rather than nothing? I come back to my point that we choose to give them nearly 20% of the seats in our stadium, we don’t have to.

I am aware of the cup %age :aok:

If you think we could get away with giving them zero tickets, then why did Rangers and Celtic give each other an allocation for the recent OF matches?

I will answer my own question - It is because if you dont give or agree a reasonable allocation, the SPFL board step in and tell you what to do.

Genuine question, as you have obviously given this a lot of thought - What number would you give them that would "eradicate sectarian singing"?