PDA

View Full Version : Who was the mole?

James70
09-04-2019, 07:28 AM
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/gary-locke-knew-hibs-team-16098618

we are hibs
09-04-2019, 07:30 AM
£10 on billy Brown please

James70
09-04-2019, 07:32 AM
Has to be:fuming:

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 07:37 AM

Still comes to Easter Road for the odd game even although he is a jambo

Maybe if true we should consider banning him from our ground

I find it hard to believe out of pure professionalism he would betray his employer and Pat Fenlon the man who put such trust in him for his knowledge of Scottish football

Innocent until proven guilty

Northernhibee
09-04-2019, 07:38 AM

Tbf, there’s a chance going by rumours that you’d lose a tenner on that one.

I'm Spartacus
09-04-2019, 07:39 AM
Very disappointing to hear him say that, Billy Brown is the obvious choice but I think that's too obvious.

NthCarolinaHibs
09-04-2019, 07:40 AM
Digging up old results to deflect their current grim position..

Diclonius
09-04-2019, 07:41 AM
Billy Brown is a Hibs fan isn't he? Or at least grew up one.

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 07:46 AM
GOC said in his interview with Si Ferry that the team was picked through the week and announced to the players on the Friday but when the team lines were written out at 12 noon on the Saturday Jorge Claros was air brushed into the starting line up after being out for six weeks through injury so impossible for anyone to foresee that :confused:

SouthMoroccoStu
09-04-2019, 07:47 AM
Matt Docherty............. :wink:

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 07:48 AM
Billy Brown is a Hibs fan isn't he? Or at least grew up one.

Leans towards Hearts now I am led to believe from a reliable source

Your thoughts were my initial thoughts

Since452
09-04-2019, 07:49 AM
I knew the team too. It was pish. Wouldn't have taken Guardiola to beat us. Stayed up by the skin of our teeth after years of gradual decline. It was a mystery how we got to two SC finals in a row.

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 07:53 AM
Matt Docherty............. :wink:

Shout!

There was “ no chance “ of him staying beyond the final by all accounts :greengrin

dchibs
09-04-2019, 07:57 AM
Craig Thomson after he got a brown envelope.:cb

Northernhibee
09-04-2019, 07:59 AM
GOC said in his interview with Si Ferry that the team was picked through the week and announced to the players on the Friday but when the team lines were written out at 12 noon on the Saturday Jorge Claros was air brushed into the starting line up after being out for six weeks through injury so impossible for anyone to foresee that :confused:

He also said that Arsenal were after him, didn’t he?

JimBHibees
09-04-2019, 08:02 AM

Who cares really, the timing seems interesting just after we gubbed them in the derby. Classic deflection and trying to wind a few Hibs fans up. Best ignored.

I'm Spartacus
09-04-2019, 08:03 AM
Who cares really, the timing seems interesting just after we gubbed them in the derby. Classic deflection and trying to wind a few Hibs fans up. Best ignored.

He didn't pick the timing of the interview or the release of it!!!

JimBHibees
09-04-2019, 08:05 AM
He didn't pick the timing of the interview or the release of it!!!

How do you know? Maybe a yam journo hurting after Saturday. The main bit of my initial post remains who cares and best ignored because it probably didnt happen.

Onion
09-04-2019, 08:08 AM

:agree: Made up in Gorgie, commissioned by Levein.

The 90+2
09-04-2019, 08:12 AM
How do you know? Maybe a yam journo hurting after Saturday. The main bit of my initial post remains who cares and best ignored because it probably didnt happen.

The interview is released today on open goal and there’s always a sub exclusive day before.

The interview was perhaps set up to be released after the derby but you’re too paranoid after that.

The answer to the thread is nobody. Or Kubjabi.

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 08:12 AM

Aye!

And all the blood was drained from his body and replaced at least once a week :greengrin

Hfc_Since1875
09-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Every man and their dog knew what team we were going to play that day!

My_Wife_Camille
09-04-2019, 08:57 AM
Claros played pretty much every game in the lead up to that final too

erin go bragh
09-04-2019, 09:23 AM
I knew the team too. It was pish. Wouldn't have taken Guardiola to beat us. Stayed up by the skin of our teeth after years of gradual decline. It was a mystery how we got to two SC finals in a row.

Leigh Griffiths was the reason we got to they cup finals .
All they final defeats just made 2016 all the sweeter .
A team full of Legends.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-04-2019, 10:12 AM

Seen him as recently as the Celtic cup game at ER supporting Hibs. No idea if he frequents Tynie as well but seen him a few times at ER this season.

Hawick hibee
09-04-2019, 10:22 AM

Billy brown I would say is more than leaning towards hibs goes regular with his grandson

calumhibee1
09-04-2019, 10:25 AM
Aye!

And all the blood was drained from his body and replaced at least once a week :greengrin

I forgot about him saying that. Lucky for him he’s finished playing before he went announcing that.

cleanyman
09-04-2019, 10:28 AM
Doesn't matter what team we played because that team was garbage

MrRobot
09-04-2019, 11:33 AM
Explain why the team and tactics changed the night before?

Northernhibee
09-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Aye!

He apparently once took a pedalo to Africa and completed Football Manager.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2019, 03:26 PM
He's talking rubbish. He probably had a good idea of our team because hmm, we played other matches before that?

I have a pretty good idea of our team every week and I have no sources.

The Modfather
09-04-2019, 03:41 PM
He's talking rubbish. He probably had a good idea of our team because hmm, we played other matches before that?

I have a pretty good idea of our team every week and I have no sources.

Not under Lennon this season you didn’t 😉

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 03:42 PM
Billy brown I would say is more than leaning towards hibs goes regular with his grandson

Good to hear

My source must be talking pish

Must admit I have seen him a couple of times this season queuing to get into the West

Innocent until proven guilty :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Not under Lennon this season you didn’t 😉

I predicted 7 defenders at Kilmarnock, don't be silly :wink:

SideBurns
09-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Spent time in Billy Brown's company a few years back while on holiday in Spain. He told me he was desperate to win that cup final, and I believe him. Didn't hide the fact he loved his time at Hearts mind, and why should he? Grew up a big Hibby and could talk all day about the Hibs teams of the 60s in particular but as a coach had a better time with Hearts (in his first spell).

Think you'd need to look elsewhere for the 'mole'(if he exits, of course)

Scouse Hibee
09-04-2019, 04:42 PM

This 100%

sixtwo
09-04-2019, 04:44 PM
Course it was brown. I said at the time he should never, ever have been anywhere close to our club! Horrible, jambo dinosaur!!

WoreTheGreen
09-04-2019, 05:50 PM
Course it was brown. I said at the time he should never, ever have been anywhere close to our club! Horrible, jambo dinosaur!!

Tinyanisoric rex

Weegreenman
09-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Who cares? If Locke told me Hibs wore Green & White, I wouldn’t believe him. Top Hearts slaver and a slave to the Hearts massive! As for Si Ferry! Deary me, those interviews are just horrific to watch. My granny could do a better job! **** the Hertz! :cb

overdrive
09-04-2019, 06:57 PM
I’ve not seen the interview. Did Ferry ask Locke about his golden pass-time?

Eyrie
09-04-2019, 08:16 PM
I don't think there was a mole and Locke is just taking the piss which is normal for him.

sixtwo
09-04-2019, 08:35 PM
I don't think there was a mole and Locke is just taking the piss which is normal for him.

Locke says he met Billy Brown on the week of the game to get two tickets for his mates. He mentions it in the interview. It’s clear what happens. Anyone that doesn’t believe that Brown passed the team and tactics on are absolutely delusional. I would bet my life on it! He is a wee fat prick!

Nicho87
09-04-2019, 08:41 PM
We had tactics in that game?

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2019, 08:42 PM
Locke says he met Billy Brown on the week of the game to get two tickets for his mates. He mentions it in the interview. It’s clear what happens. Anyone that doesn’t believe that Brown passed the team and tactics on are absolutely delusional. I would bet my life on it! He is a wee fat prick!

Him giving tickets to Locke is bad enough. An absolute snake.

Zazu62
09-04-2019, 08:49 PM
Why was billy brown ever involved with Hibs

Danderhall Hibs
10-04-2019, 06:59 AM
I’ve not seen the interview. Did Ferry ask Locke about his golden pass-time?

I doubt it - you ever listened to any of his interviews. Fairly brutal stuff - “was the banter good”, “who was the most mental”, “did you have a good laugh”, “that was some team eh”, “did the older guys stay back and help the young lads”, “he was some boy eh” all fitted in around a few “uhhuhhs”.

BILLYHIBS
10-04-2019, 07:20 AM
I doubt it - you ever listened to any of his interviews. Fairly brutal stuff - “was the banter good”, “who was the most mental”, “did you have a good laugh”, “that was some team eh”, “did the older guys stay back and help the young lads”, “he was some boy eh” all fitted in around a few “uhhuhhs”.

Mostly OF banter for me

Who is interested?

:dunno:

ian cruise
10-04-2019, 07:43 AM
Him giving tickets to Locke is bad enough. An absolute snake.

Playing Devils advocate, maybe Locke's mates were Hibs fans who did t want to sit in hearts end were any tickets Locke would pick up would be. Its the only reason I can't see Locke just getting tickets from his own club for them.

eastmainsmsh
10-04-2019, 12:11 PM
Billy had been places EE ken

SideBurns
10-04-2019, 12:37 PM

So, on the insinuation of Gary Locke, we're expected to believe that a guy who grew up a Hibs fan and had a chance to become a Hibs legend by coaching the team to their first Scottish Cup win in 110 years (and getting his own winner's medal in the process), decided to sabotage that attempt by passing on the team selection and tactics to the opposition?

Personally, I'd regard anyone who thinks that is what occurred as delusional.

HoboHarry
10-04-2019, 12:46 PM
Christ who cares? 2016 shoved that day to the side......

My_Wife_Camille
10-04-2019, 12:46 PM
I'm no fan of Gary Locke but that was a good watch and an interesting insight. Big fan of Ferry's interviewing style!

147lothian
10-04-2019, 01:00 PM
Lets not fall for the mind games from a sore looser, anyone can say we knew what your team was, instead of conducing a witch hunt it better not to rise for the bait.

essexhibee
10-04-2019, 01:31 PM
Once you hear Si Ferry say "Uh hu" once at the end of a sentence you can never unhear it again :grr:

KWJ
10-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Maybury?

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Maybury?

Joined after

Danderhall Hibs
10-04-2019, 06:09 PM
Mostly OF banter for me

Who is interested?

:dunno:

I’ve only listened to the Hibs related ones but loads of them have OF links as well.

sixtwo
11-04-2019, 12:46 PM
So, on the insinuation of Gary Locke, we're expected to believe that a guy who grew up a Hibs fan and had a chance to become a Hibs legend by coaching the team to their first Scottish Cup win in 110 years (and getting his own winner's medal in the process), decided to sabotage that attempt by passing on the team selection and tactics to the opposition?

Personally, I'd regard anyone who thinks that is what occurred as delusional.

Grew up a Hibs fan is not something I’m sure is true or holds much weight considering he spent most of his career at hearts.
John Robertson grew up a Hibs fan but certainly is not now on account of his career with our biggest rivals.
Brown is dirty jambo to the core. He knew he was only in there short term to help Fenton. He knew he was on his way out and he helped his mates out. As I said before he is a prick. I hate him more than Mercer!

Smartie
11-04-2019, 12:52 PM
I'm no fan of Gary Locke but that was a good watch and an interesting insight. Big fan of Ferry's interviewing style!

I've not seen this one yet but I have seen a few of them, for some funny reason the ones with the people I am expecting to dislike are the ones I end up liking the most, possibly because I know less about them so a lot of the stuff they say is new to me.

These interviews are top notch.

eastmainsmsh
11-04-2019, 03:00 PM
Was Liam o brien coach or assistant to Fenlon

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-04-2019, 03:11 PM
Grew up a Hibs fan is not something I’m sure is true or holds much weight considering he spent most of his career at hearts.
John Robertson grew up a Hibs fan but certainly is not now on account of his career with our biggest rivals.
Brown is dirty jambo to the core. He knew he was only in there short term to help Fenton. He knew he was on his way out and he helped his mates out. As I said before he is a prick. I hate him more than Mercer!

Goes to ER to support Hibs most weeks

sixtwo
11-04-2019, 03:21 PM
Goes to ER to support Hibs most weeks

I’m sure he goes to Tynecastle as much as he goes to Easter Road. It’s business for him.

SideBurns
11-04-2019, 04:34 PM

You hate him more than Mercer? The guy who tried to close us down? Well in that case, I'm not surprised you've chosen to believe he wanted to throw a cup final.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-04-2019, 05:00 PM
:agree: Made up in Gorgie, commissioned by Levein.

For every bite (and theres plenty) Locke gets a free pint at Tynie.
Shirley we’re past this now? Come on folks...

Danderhall Hibs
11-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Once you hear Si Ferry say "Uh hu" once at the end of a sentence you can never unhear it again :grr:

:agree: really annoying.

Once you’ve heard one interview you’ve heard them all.

eastmainsmsh
11-04-2019, 10:28 PM
A player who was out of favour by Fenlon maybe

judas
12-04-2019, 05:03 AM
It’s a game I don’t really recognise as having much legitimacy. So, whatever.

I would add though, that Billy Brown has said himself that he’s, ahem, ‘done things’ (or was it seen things?)