PDA

View Full Version : Lennon

Billy Whizz
08-04-2019, 07:35 PM
Been out and about in Glasgow today seeing customers etc
Not one of the Celtic supporting ones wants Neil as Manager next season. Maybe on the back of a poor result via Livvi

They think Lawwell is the only one that wants him to stay on!

The 90+2
08-04-2019, 07:37 PM
Cheap option is the feeling.

I actually wish him well at anyone apart from them though.

PaulSmith
08-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Cheap option is the feeling.

I actually wish him well at anyone apart from them though.

Why would Celtic choose the cheap option with tens of millions in the bank and they paid Rogers a kings ransom?

He won’t be the manager next season.

BILLYHIBS
08-04-2019, 07:45 PM
Cannot believe we sat off them in the Scottish Cup tie at Easter Road

Lennons Celtic are unconvincing

I would be surprised if he is kept on beyond the summer

Famous Fiver
08-04-2019, 07:47 PM
My opinion is he got lucky.

Available at just the right time.

Short term fix but sure to give his all.

In context of Celtic wanting to make an impression in Europe, that despite a win over Barcelona on his CV, he is not the man they want.

Time will tell.

bingo70
08-04-2019, 07:48 PM
I’ve not got any beef with Lennon and I don’t have any grudge against him but part of me is quite pleased to see him struggling at Celtic.

It’s not his fault I feel like that, the consensus amongst the media when he left Hibs though was that it was because the players were just losers who didn’t have a strong enough mentality to deal with Lennon. When the team did well it was all about Neil Lennon and how he was too good for us, when we did badly it was all the players fault and Lennon was the best manager we could ever hope for.

Looking at Celtic not quite being at their best just now, I’m not seeing the media saying it’s because the Celtic players can’t handle him.

The 90+2
08-04-2019, 07:48 PM
Why would Celtic choose the cheap option with tens of millions in the bank and they paid Rogers a kings ransom?

He won’t be the manager next season.

Because they did with Lennon before than Deila?

Shat themselves when the huns beat them at Hampden. All will depend if the owner is financing it but he seemingly has new toys now.

The 90+2
08-04-2019, 07:50 PM
Cannot believe we sat off them in the Scottish Cup tie at Easter Road

Lennons Celtic are unconvincing

I would be surprised if he is kept on beyond the summer

Lennon rode us unfortunately. They had the players and he had the know how. Hecky was new to the big occasion.

Never mind, imagine us next hear with a pre season to bring in his own players and shape the team. :)

Diclonius
08-04-2019, 07:54 PM
If Lennon chokes in a Scottish Cup final v Hearts then no one at Hibs, even his most hardcore fans, will forgive him.

BILLYHIBS
08-04-2019, 07:55 PM
Lennon rode us unfortunately. They had the players and he had the know how. Hecky was new to the big occasion.

Never mind, imagine us next hear with a pre season to bring in his own players and shape the team. :)

We will take them at Easter Road in April

Will be a different game

jacomo
08-04-2019, 07:57 PM
If Lennon chokes in a Scottish Cup final v Hearts then no one at Hibs, even his most hardcore fans, will forgive him.

Conversely, if Robbo puts Hertz out I think a few Hibbys might forgive him for all those derby goals!

Stevie Reid
08-04-2019, 07:57 PM
Will be interesting to see what happens if they do win the treble, but can’t see him being kept on if they don’t. Can’t really argue with his results thus far (though Saturday was poor) but they’ve been far from convincing in their victories.

Easy to forget how bad a start to the season they had under Rodgers, mind you - though they didn’t half kick into gear when they did get going. Couldn’t imagine Lennon’s team handing out the 5-0s and 6-0s on current evidence.

Really hope Celtic beat Aberdeen in the semi (presuming Hearts get through) though I’ll feel less confident of a routine Celtic win under Lennon than I would under Rodgers.

BILLYHIBS
08-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Conversely, if Robbo puts Hertz out I think a few Hibbys might forgive him for all those derby goals!
Naw!

Diclonius
08-04-2019, 07:58 PM

I was too young for the Robbo era and he seems like a nice guy/is complimentary towards us on occasion so I don't mind him.

The 90+2
08-04-2019, 08:01 PM
We will take them at Easter Road in April

Will be a different game

Hopefully. Too long in the tooth to get hopes up Bill.

EI255
08-04-2019, 08:06 PM
Not surprised in the slightest.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

ZAGREB RED
08-04-2019, 08:09 PM
I think he was in the right place at the right time to just fit in and replace Rodgers after his departure. I think Peter Lawwell will probably be looking at giving him the job full time as he may well look at NL and think he can at least guide Celtic to 10 in a row, but if he misses out on the Treble Treble that might change his thinking. I do think he will present Lennon as his man in the summer, unless they have someone in mind or even lined up already. The other factor is whether Lennon will want the job, I think he left first time round due to the lack of ambition he perceived from the Board and transfer funds not being what he wanted.
I think a lot of Celtic fans see past Lennon's almost cult hero status among some sections of the support and see a tactically naive/inept manager who can't see the right moves to affect a game and alter the result. Lennon's spat with Kamberi has also been mentioned by few who said they had heard rumours of him picking fights with other players.
I have heard a few say that if Rodgers left in the summer and Lennon was still at Hibs they doubt that he would be the first choice to replace Rodgers, but Lawwell is seen as trying to do things on the cheap most of the time by them.

BILLYHIBS
08-04-2019, 08:11 PM
Hopefully. Too long in the tooth to get hopes up Bill.
With Lennon in charge of the opposition there is always hope

He don’t have a plan B just more plan A

Have you forgotten already?

If we score first he is ****ed!

Northernhibee
08-04-2019, 08:12 PM
But apparently that’s just because they don’t like Neil Lennon.

Thats how you respond to someone questioning his ability, right?

The 90+2
08-04-2019, 08:17 PM

Latterly yes, fair point.

Stevie Reid
08-04-2019, 08:20 PM

Don’t really want to go down this road again, but Hibs came back from a goal down loads of times under Lennon.

The 90+2
08-04-2019, 08:23 PM
Don’t really want to go down this road again, but Hibs came back from a goal down loads of times under Lennon.

Prior to this season, yes.

Stevie Reid
08-04-2019, 08:27 PM
Prior to this season, yes.

Did it six times to take a point in the league this season under Lennon, and - most significantly - from two down to win against Aesteras in the Europa League.

Also against the Faroese team, though wasn’t much to shout about.

BILLYHIBS
08-04-2019, 08:32 PM

All I am saying in his performance at Celtic so far has been unconvincing

Last minute goals versus Hearts and Dundee and 0-0 versus Livi

Man management skills and media skills nil and tactically naive

As you say we don’t want to go over old ground but just pleased we do not have to worry about weird team selections and formations playing players out of position and playing favourites etc etc and then having to change things on the field during the course of a game

I am convinced we have the right man in Paul Heckingbottom under Lennon we were in free fall

Onwards and upwards

Stevie Reid
08-04-2019, 08:38 PM
All I am saying in his performance at Celtic so far has been unconvincing

Last minute goals versus Hearts and Dundee and 0-0 versus Livi

Man management skills and media skills nil and tactically nieve

As you say we don’t want to go over old ground but just pleased we do not have to worry about weird team selections and formations playing players out of position and playing favourites etc etc and then having to change things on the field during the course of a game

I am convinced we have the right man in Paul Heckingbottom under Lennon we were in free fall

Onwards and upwards

I just wrote a few posts back how unconvincing Celtic have been under Lennon.

I am absolutely delighted we have Heckingbottom. How good he has been (and hopefully will continue to be) will not change my opinion of Lennon as Hibs manager though.

Feeling around the club is definitely much improved from the very latter stages under Lennon, and the players seem much happier. Time was right for him to go. I feel no need to disparage him though.

BILLYHIBS
08-04-2019, 08:40 PM
I just wrote a few posts back how unconvincing Celtic have been under Lennon.

I am absolutely delighted we have Heckingbottom. How good he has been (and hopefully will continue to be) will not change my opinion of Lennon as Hibs manager though.

Feeling around the club is definitely much improved from the very latter stages under Lennon, and the players seem much happier. Time was right for him to go. I feel no need to disparage him though.
:aok:

Since452
08-04-2019, 08:42 PM
Lennon will take Celtic backwards. He doesn't know how to change things when it isn't going well. The hairdryer works once or twice but then the players start switching off. Good short term appointment but if he's there next season I'll stick a tenner on the huns. I'd be astounded if he is.

Weegreenman
08-04-2019, 08:52 PM

I wonder if he’ll ever consider his position as Celtic manager :wink: twice :cb

Gordy M
08-04-2019, 09:16 PM
A few celtic fans at work saying Benitez has been sounded out about taking over next season. No idea if thats true?

Stevie Reid
08-04-2019, 09:26 PM
A few celtic fans at work saying Benitez has been sounded out about taking over next season. No idea if thats true?

Ironically some of the papers had him a lined up as next Leicester City manager after Puel. Would imagine that he would do a great job up here, and is certainly tactically astute when it comes to European football - his style isn’t the most exciting though.

Would add another interesting OF dynamic given his and Gerrard’s previous too.

Michael
08-04-2019, 09:34 PM
Would be great entertainment for Benitez to come to Scotland. Can't see it though - he'll get much bigger offers if he leaves Newcastle.

shetlandhibee
08-04-2019, 09:41 PM
if lennon wins the treble treble with celtic this season IMO theres not a chance he,ll not be their manager next season, if he doesn't he wont be....:agree:

ancient hibee
08-04-2019, 09:55 PM
Yes.Lawell is not going to risk bringing in someone else and fail to win the league next season.Keeping Lennon will protect him .If they don’t win the league Lawell will say “what else could we do,he won the treble”.Lennon will be under extreme pressure.The defence creaks and Dembele has never been replaced.Rangers will be stronger and Gerrard will have more idea what he’s doing.

Hibernia&Alba
08-04-2019, 10:03 PM
I think someone like Eddie Howe would be a good fit. He's a young manager on the way up who is ready for a big club. I think they would struggle to attract a guy like Benitez to Scotland.

jacomo
08-04-2019, 10:12 PM
I think someone like Eddie Howe would be a good fit. He's a young manager on the way up who is ready for a big club. I think they would struggle to attract a guy like Benitez to Scotland.

I’m not sure he’d be a good fit and I don’t think he’d go there.

EH is very much in his comfort zone at Bournemouth and seems to be a bit of a football purist. Not sure the goldfish bowl would suit him.

jacomo
08-04-2019, 10:13 PM
if lennon wins the treble treble with celtic this season IMO theres not a chance he,ll not be their manager next season, if he doesn't he wont be....:agree:

I think this is probably right. Easy decision for the board if he does the treble.

Since452
08-04-2019, 10:18 PM
Benitez or Howe to Celtic is pie in the sky. The small EPL jobs are more appealing than the Celtic job. Thats the reality these days.

SRHibs
08-04-2019, 10:27 PM
Benitez is class. Even radger on the sidelines than Lennon!

Scott Allan Key
09-04-2019, 12:22 AM
Benitez or Howe to Celtic is pie in the sky. The small EPL jobs are more appealing than the Celtic job. Thats the reality these days.

Indeed, Bournemouth are a bigger club than Celtic, money wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crunchie
09-04-2019, 12:44 AM
Who cares :agree:

WeeRussell
09-04-2019, 01:03 AM
I’ve not got any beef with Lennon and I don’t have any grudge against him but part of me is quite pleased to see him struggling at Celtic.

It’s not his fault I feel like that, the consensus amongst the media when he left Hibs though was that it was because the players were just losers who didn’t have a strong enough mentality to deal with Lennon. When the team did well it was all about Neil Lennon and how he was too good for us, when we did badly it was all the players fault and Lennon was the best manager we could ever hope for.

Looking at Celtic not quite being at their best just now, I’m not seeing the media saying it’s because the Celtic players can’t handle him.

Not just the media, but same applies for much of what you’re saying amongst many hibs.net posters too.

No personal issues from me either, other than him being their manager (and he left our club with more resoect from me than when he joined), but the over-the-top praise for him was verging on ridiculous at times, and the stuff I recall wasn’t mainly from the media.

MagicSwirlingShip
09-04-2019, 01:47 AM
After the appointment of Rodgers, Celtic fans will be looking for another high profile appointment.

I can't see them being happy with Lennon

Haymaker
09-04-2019, 04:04 AM
After the appointment of Rodgers, Celtic fans will be looking for another high profile appointment.

I can't see them being happy with Lennon

This.

My_Wife_Camille
09-04-2019, 10:09 AM
I find the Celtic supporters vile hatred of the man to be simply disgusting.

Hawick hibee
09-04-2019, 10:38 AM
I think he was in the right place at the right time to just fit in and replace Rodgers after his departure. I think Peter Lawwell will probably be looking at giving him the job full time as he may well look at NL and think he can at least guide Celtic to 10 in a row, but if he misses out on the Treble Treble that might change his thinking. I do think he will present Lennon as his man in the summer, unless they have someone in mind or even lined up already. The other factor is whether Lennon will want the job, I think he left first time round due to the lack of ambition he perceived from the Board and transfer funds not being what he wanted.
I think a lot of Celtic fans see past Lennon's almost cult hero status among some sections of the support and see a tactically naive/inept manager who can't see the right moves to affect a game and alter the result. Lennon's spat with Kamberi has also been mentioned by few who said they had heard rumours of him picking fights with other players.
I have heard a few say that if Rodgers left in the summer and Lennon was still at Hibs they doubt that he would be the first choice to replace Rodgers, but Lawwell is seen as trying to do things on the cheap most of the time by them.
I think Lennon played a blinder...
Rodgers knew Leicester job was happening on the QT
Lennon contacts there informed him.
Lawell informed Lennon on the QT
Lennon worked his ticket out of hibs.
The rest is history...

I liked Lennon at hibs but wasn’t keen on the media circus that came with him. The media hyped it up so much that it hid the form Hibs were in. Blame the players instead of Neil Lennon to the fact they still aren’t giving Hecky enough credit for the transformation of what is Neil Lennon team.

H18 SFR
09-04-2019, 10:39 AM

100% agree re Howe, however I actually think Benitez might be interested in Celtic after the bombscare times he's had at the Toon. Guaranteed success, stable club, chance to be the man to break the Euro situation etc.

Billy Whizz
09-04-2019, 10:44 AM
Was a rumour that Villas-Boas was in the frame, as he was seen playing golf with Dermott Desmond

MagicSwirlingShip
09-04-2019, 11:04 AM
Was a rumour that Villas-Boas was in the frame, as he was seen playing golf with Dermott Desmond

That’s the kind of appointment the Celtic hoardes will be after IMO. Lennon could complete the treble and it still won’t be enough IMO

Diclonius
09-04-2019, 11:22 AM

I don't think AVB would work out there.

Billy Whizz
09-04-2019, 11:22 AM
I don't think AVB would work out there.

Imagine doing a PowerPoint presentation to Scott Brown🤣

calumhibee1
09-04-2019, 11:36 AM
Celtic fans should be careful what they wish for. There’s nobody out there better than NL.

Rumble de Thump
09-04-2019, 12:05 PM
That’s the kind of appointment the Celtic hoardes will be after IMO. Lennon could complete the treble and it still won’t be enough IMO

There are plenty Celtic fans who seem to think Villas-Boas is not good enough for Celtic. When it comes to delusion, they're right up their with Hearts and The Rangers.

Swedish hibee
09-04-2019, 12:13 PM
I find the Celtic supporters vile hatred of the man to be simply disgusting.

And me also. That banner at the Hearts game was shocking.

MagicSwirlingShip
09-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Celtic fans should be careful what they wish for. There’s nobody out there better than NL.

Can’t say I agree with that at all.

Winston Ingram
09-04-2019, 12:16 PM
Lennon proved this season with us that he's bordering on clueless tactically. He almost wrecked our season with his ridiculous insistence in sticking with 3 at the back

09-04-2019, 12:34 PM
Celtic have been turgid since Lennon came in

calumhibee1
09-04-2019, 12:34 PM
Can’t say I agree with that at all.

Neither do I. But we kept getting told that by some posters when he was Hibs manager :greengrin

MagicSwirlingShip
09-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Lennon proved this season with us that he's bordering on clueless tactically. He almost wrecked our season with his ridiculous insistence in sticking with 3 at the back

I think he’s a great manager when things are going great. But in a crisis he goes missing / starts pointing the finger instead of looking inward and backing his players publicly.

A shaky start next year, with an improved Rangers, I wouldn’t hang my hat on Lennon being able to steer them through it.

Honestly, I can see Martin O Neill getting the job ahead of Lennon.

jgl07
09-04-2019, 12:44 PM
I don’t see Eddy Howe being attracted to any Scottish team. Twenty years back, Celtic could recruit Martin O’Neill from Leicester. Now Leicester are picking up managers from Celtic.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Howe jump ship from Bournemouth as the loss of two or three players could see them relegated soon. A club with a 12,000 seater stadium will always struggle long term. However I suspect that he would have his sights set higher than Celtic.

The 90+2
09-04-2019, 12:45 PM
Eddie Howe to Celtic 😂😂😂😂😂 he’s next England manager.

Bob1875
09-04-2019, 12:49 PM
Lennon went with Whittaker over Gray at right back and consistently benched Horgan. Says a lot really.

Billy Whizz
09-04-2019, 12:51 PM
And me also. That banner at the Hearts game was shocking.

What did it say?

JimBHibees
09-04-2019, 12:55 PM
What did it say?

You traded immortality for mediocrity.

Never a Celt always a fraud.

Self indulgent bollox basically. :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 01:25 PM
Dearie me!

This place is nuts

Let me think.... that’s it Paul Heckingbottom

At least he knows how to set up a team changes it right away when things aren’t going right and has every man jack pulling for a common goal and fighting for the Manager and club until they drop

Would NL have achieved the same points total as Hecky if he had stayed?

Let me think.....No!

Bottom six

There are loads of other Managers out there better than NL

He is a dinosaur and does not know how to change it when things go wrong

Bangkok Hibby
09-04-2019, 01:27 PM
Dearie me!

This place is nuts

At least he knows how to set up a team changes it right away when things aren’t going right and has every man jack pulling for a common goal and fighting for the Manager and club until they drop

Let me think.....No!

Bottom six

Read reply #57

ian cruise
09-04-2019, 01:28 PM
Dearie me!

This place is nuts

Let me think.....No!

Bottom six

You've missed the point of Calum's post Billy. He mentions in a follow up post it's a reference to some posts on here and not his actual opinion.

J-C
09-04-2019, 01:32 PM
Lennon lived off the game against Barca, no tactical genius there tbh he just did what nearly all managers did then, soak up pressure and hit on the break. Was found out a good few times, I still think he worked his ticket knowing the Tic job would be available soon.

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 01:33 PM
You've missed the point of Calum's post Billy. He mentions in a follow up post it's a reference to some posts on here and not his actual opinion.
Yeah realised that added a bit on

Difficult on my prehistoric mobile

calumhibee1
09-04-2019, 01:35 PM
Yeah realised that added a bit on

Difficult on my prehistoric mobile

:greengrin

erin go bragh
09-04-2019, 01:48 PM

I already forgive him for his last goal against us . Free kick at ER but then we did beat them 2-1 😜

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 01:52 PM
:greengrin

OK I admit I am an arse

Not many admit that on here :greengrin

Hibbyradge
09-04-2019, 01:55 PM

OK I admit I am an arse

Not many admit that on here :greengrin

I would think that quite a lot of people would admit that you're an arse! :greengrin :wink:

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 02:13 PM
I would think that quite a lot of people would admit that you're an arse! :greengrin :wink:

Ha Ha!

Met Brog and a few of his mates fae London in the Windsor

This random eighty something came up to me shook me by the hand and asked “ Are you Billyhibs?”

I said Aye and he responded “ Your a ****ing arse!”

:hibees

Hibbyradge
09-04-2019, 02:16 PM
Ha Ha!

Met Brog and a few of his mates fae London in the Windsor

This random eighty something came up to me shook me by the hand and asked “ Are you Billyhibs?”

I said Aye and he responded “ Your a ****ing arse!”

:hibees

Really? :faf:

Don't you know who it was?

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 02:19 PM
Really? :faf:

Don't you know who it was?

One of Brogs old Accountancy College mates from Edinburgh a Hibby I believe

Pedantic_Hibee
09-04-2019, 02:25 PM

:faf:

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2019, 03:02 PM
I don’t see Eddy Howe being attracted to any Scottish team. Twenty years back, Celtic could recruit Martin O’Neill from Leicester. Now Leicester are picking up managers from Celtic.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Howe jump ship from Bournemouth as the loss of two or three players could see them relegated soon. A club with a 12,000 seater stadium will always struggle long term. However I suspect that he would have his sights set higher than Celtic.

Howe already jumped ship, on the advice of Ferguson, to Burnley. He failed and said he really regretted it. Some guys are just made for some jobs, he should stay there forever.

Bostonhibby
09-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Indeed, Bournemouth are a bigger club than Celtic, money wise.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCeltc are Bournemouth's South coast rivals southamptons feeder club. Can't see Howe taking a step down at this stage of his career.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk