PDA

View Full Version : Scotland v Brazil

Famous Fiver
08-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Never thought I'd type this but Scotland women are leading Brazil 1-0.

Live on Alba if anyone is interested.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2019, 07:04 PM
Never thought I'd type this but Scotland women are leading Brazil 1-0.

Live on Alba if anyone is interested.

Remember what happened last time we went 1-0 on Brazil

Saturday Boy
08-04-2019, 07:23 PM
SWNT playing well. Shelley Kerr has got them practicing defending, which we will need for the World Cup.

Superb play by former Hibby Lizzie Arnot to set up the Scotland goal.

delbert
08-04-2019, 07:28 PM
SWNT playing well. Shelley Kerr has got them practicing defending, which we will need for the World Cup.

In all seriousness, she is a really astute head coach and out of her and McLeish, I know who I would take right now in charge of the men’s team, but to be honest, I’m not sure she would want to drop her standards that low !

Bangkok Hibby
08-04-2019, 07:32 PM
Lots of skill on show and so refreshing to see the players getting up and getting on with it after heavy tackles.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2019, 07:33 PM
In all seriousness, she is a really astute head coach and out of her and McLeish, I know who I would take right now in charge of the men’s team, but to be honest, I’m not sure she would want to drop her standards that low !

She’d take no prisoners, I love the way she goes about her job

one day maybe...
08-04-2019, 07:43 PM
Have Scotland ever beaten Brazil in a full international football match at senior level? Could this be the first time ever if they hold out?

cabbageandribs1875
08-04-2019, 07:50 PM
1-0 FT well done the wimmin :saltireflag

Mick O'Rourke
08-04-2019, 07:53 PM
Superb
Friendly, warm up, no matter.
Good performance and result.

Famous Fiver
08-04-2019, 07:56 PM
Brazil ranked 10th in the World.

Friendly or not, that is a great result.

Brightside
08-04-2019, 07:59 PM
Great result. Not a chance Brasil were taking that easy. The women showing everything thats lacking from the mens squad at the moment.

Not In The Know
08-04-2019, 08:03 PM
What a fantastic result.

Just read they are playing Jamaica on 28th May at hampden for a send off to the World Cup.

Brilliant i thought i'll take the wee one she will love that.

Check the time its 7.35!!

Check the date its a Tuesday!!

That's that knocked on the head then FFS. The article on the BBC website says the authorities are hoping for a record crowd. You couldn't make it up.

hibby rae
08-04-2019, 08:07 PM
Looking forward to the World Cup. On the back of recent form, they won't be pushovers against England. Great to see so many current and ex-Hibs players involved. Especially the goal, I guess essentially Hibs just scored against Brazil. :wink:

Tinribs
08-04-2019, 08:12 PM
Great result, and the mighty Kim Little got the winner 👍

Ryan91
08-04-2019, 08:24 PM
What a fantastic result.

Just read they are playing Jamaica on 28th May at hampden for a send off to the World Cup.

Brilliant i thought i'll take the wee one she will love that.

Check the time its 7.35!!

Check the date its a Tuesday!!

That's that knocked on the head then FFS. The article on the BBC website says the authorities are hoping for a record crowd. You couldn't make it up.

SFA have gone and shot themselves in the foot there, it's a Monday holiday on the 27th, why not play the game on the Sunday or Monday afternoon?

Scottish Cup Final is on the Saturday, but I'm sure the Hampden pitch can handle an extra game for one weekend.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Nice. Parabens mulheres!

Colr
08-04-2019, 08:53 PM

Goal by an ex-Hibby as well

NAE NOOKIE
08-04-2019, 10:14 PM
The improvement in the SWFT has been impressive over the last few years, we have played well against the USA, Canada and now Brazil lately, teams which would have humped us a few years ago.

My favourite TV game from last year was Scotland's women coming back from 2 - 0 down to beat Poland 3 - 2 with 3 in the last 20 minutes away from home … had me jumping about my living room. Have to say that if I had the time and the money I would definitely be going to France for the world cup … I hope the lassies get a good support out there, they deserve it.

:saltireflag

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 05:16 AM
Scotland 1 v 0 Brazil

Well done ladies

Superb result

Future17
09-04-2019, 07:18 AM
Remember what happened last time we went 1-0 on Brazil

...we won. Toulon tournament the year before last I think. ;-)

Having never beaten them at any level, we've now done two in a row.