PDA

View Full Version : Post Split Predictions

Keith_M
08-04-2019, 01:13 PM
What are your predictions, results wise, for the final five games of the season?

I'm going to go for the following:

H) Celtc: Lose
H) Hearts: Win
A) The Rangers: Draw
A) Killie: Lose
H) Aberdeen: Win

7 points and finish 5th.

Feel free to disagree

yerauldda
08-04-2019, 01:14 PM
Celtic - Draw
Hearts - Draw
Rangers - Lose
Killie - Win
Aberdeen - Win

CMurdoch
08-04-2019, 01:15 PM
H) Celtic: Lose
A) The Rangers: Lose
A) Killie: Draw

7 points and finish 5th.

Pagan Hibernia
08-04-2019, 01:22 PM
celtic (h) L1-3
Hearts (h) W7-0
The Rangers (a) W3-2
Killie (a) D1-1
Aberdeen (h) W2-1

Finish 4th.

California-Hibs
08-04-2019, 01:28 PM
Celtic - lose
Hearts - Win
Rangers - Lose
Killie - Draw
Aberdeen - Win

7 points

Onceinawhile
08-04-2019, 01:28 PM
Draw
Win
Draw
Draw
Draw

5th.

We might lose to rangers or killie tbf. Although we've done well we're still lacking pace and creativity to break down the better teams.

H18 SFR
08-04-2019, 01:38 PM
H) Celtc: Draw - 1pt
H) Hearts: Win - 3pts
A) Killie: Win - 3 pts
H) Aberdeen: Draw - 1pt

Total points - 8, not enough to secure 3rd or 4th

JXM73
08-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Should be looking to win the home games, might get a point at either ibrox or killie..

10 points...

CraigHibee
08-04-2019, 02:28 PM
H) Celtc: Win
A) Killie: Win
H) Aberdeen: lose

we are hibs
08-04-2019, 02:45 PM
Celtic draw
Hearts win
Rangers draw
Killie loss
Aberdeen win.

8 points.

B.H.F.C
08-04-2019, 03:08 PM
Lose v Celtic
Win v Hearts
Draw v The Rangers
Draw v Killie
Win v Aberdeen

Finish 5th.

wookie70
08-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Lose v Celtic
Win v Hearts
Lose v The Rangers
Win v Killie
Win v Aberdeen

Finish 5th.

hfc rd
08-04-2019, 06:43 PM
Celtic - D
Hearts - W
Sevco - L
Kilmarnock - D
Aberdeen - W

8 points, enough to finish 5th, maybe 4th but that may depend on how both Aberdeen & Kilmarnock do during their split fixtures.

The 90+2
08-04-2019, 06:53 PM
I predict we are looking at much better games with much better crowds and extra tv money than a couple of months back.

Imagine if we where looking forward to the bottom 6 slug feasts? Motherwell away end of the month - dancer 😁

Puddocky
08-04-2019, 07:00 PM
Us - WWWWW
Celtic - LWWWW
Rangers - LLLLL
Hearts - WLLLL
Aberdeen/Killie - draw with each other, beat Rangers and Hearts, lose to us and Celtic.

Final table :
Celtic 89
Hibs 67
Rangers 66
Kilmarnock 65
Aberdeen 65
Hearts 53

theonlywayisup
08-04-2019, 07:08 PM
Us - WWWWW
Celtic - LWWWW
Rangers - LLLLL
Hearts - WLLLL
Aberdeen/Killie - draw with each other, beat Rangers and Hearts, lose to us and Celtic.

Final table :
Celtic 89
Hibs 67
Rangers 66
Kilmarnock 65
Aberdeen 65
Hearts 53

Like this 👍

CMac1988
08-04-2019, 07:10 PM
H) Celtc: Draw

8 points. Can we still finish 4th with this?

erin go bragh
08-04-2019, 07:14 PM
2 draws against the weegie and 3 wins is my prediction.
Snatching 3rd by Beating Aberdeen in the last game .
Edited 😉

hfc rd
08-04-2019, 07:15 PM

Depends how both Kilmarnock and Aberdeen do in their split fixtures.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2019, 07:17 PM
2 draws against the weegie and 4 wins is my prediction.

Only got 5 games left😄

Keith_M
08-04-2019, 07:30 PM
2 draws against the weegie and 4 wins is my prediction.

You want us to play six games instead of five?

:greengrin

erin go bragh
08-04-2019, 07:38 PM
Only got 5 games left😄

😂😂 3 wins . Too much 🍷( but I am on holiday)

NAE NOOKIE
08-04-2019, 10:30 PM
5 tough games and I have to say I'm a wee bit worried about our lack of resources, it will only take a few injuries in key areas to give us a problem. I cant honestly see us making any better than 5th, but if we were to do better in my opinion that would be a highly impressive effort.

Celtic …. they are having a bit of a downturn just now, but obviously still a tough game … draw
Hearts …. Its a derby and they are never easy to call … win
Sevco …. They have a great record at home … defeat
Killie …. Another team who are good at home … defeat
Aberdeen …. We just cant seem to be able to beat the buggers at ER just now … draw

Do better than that and I'll be cock a hoop :aok:

Crunchie
08-04-2019, 10:46 PM
What are your predictions, results wise, for the final five games of the season?

7 points and finish 5th.

Feel free to disagree

Celtic W

Hearts W

Gers L

Killie W

Dons D

10 Pts and a fourth place finish above Killie and Hearts.

Hibeesmad
08-04-2019, 10:48 PM
Celtic- Draw
Hearts- Win
Rangers- Draw
Killie- Draw
Aberdeen- Win

Hecky to finish the season unbeaten and get us that top four finish

CMurdoch
08-04-2019, 10:50 PM
To have any chance of finishing above 5th

We need to at least beat Hearts, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen
We need Kilmarnock to draw with Aberdeen
and
We need Hearts to avoid defeat to Kilmarnock and Aberdeen

Looking like 5th all day long i am afraid

jacomo
08-04-2019, 10:53 PM
Us - WWWWW
Celtic - LWWWW
Rangers - LLLLL
Hearts - WLLLL

Final table :
Celtic 89
Hibs 67
Rangers 66
Kilmarnock 65
Aberdeen 65
Hearts 53

We have a winner.

WeeRussell
08-04-2019, 11:03 PM
Hecky doesn’t lose league games, so I predict an absolute minimum of 5 points. And we’ll beat hearts again so make that 7.

Minimum of 7.

mim
08-04-2019, 11:24 PM
Celtic (h) W2-1
Hearts (h) W2-1
Rangers (a) L2-0
Killie (a) L2-0
Aberdeen (h) W2-1

Finish 5th

jingler1954
08-04-2019, 11:55 PM

7 points and finish 5th.

Feel free to disagree
5 wins cant see any team beating us even Celtic.

Austinho
09-04-2019, 12:47 AM
Us - WWWWW
Celtic - LWWWW
Rangers - LLLLL
Hearts - WLLLL

Final table :
Celtic 89
Hibs 67
Rangers 66
Kilmarnock 65
Aberdeen 65
Hearts 53What an absolutely absurd, ridiculously unrealistic prediction.

There’s no way Hearts won’t bend over and take a spanking from Rangers when they visit town 😜

monktonharp
09-04-2019, 01:10 AM
Us - WWWWW
Celtic - LWWWW
Rangers - LLLLL
Hearts - WLLLL

Final table :
Celtic 89
Hibs 67
Rangers 66
Kilmarnock 65
Aberdeen 65
Hearts 53I like:cb

MagicSwirlingShip
09-04-2019, 01:23 AM

7 points and finish 5th.

Feel free to disagree

H) Celtc: DRAW
H) Hearts: WIN
A) The Rangers: WIN
A) Killie: DRAW
H) Aberdeen: WIN

11 points post split for us. Viva Le Heck

Wee Effen Bee
09-04-2019, 01:51 AM
I’m not a betting man…just hopeful we can finish on a high. That for me would be 4th but very content if we end up in 5th. or 6th. After the terrible mid-season display, we have recouped the winning mentality and the confidece that breeds. I didn’t think top 6 was a goer a couple of months ago if I’m honest. We may run out of steam due to a few of the squad being sidelined for so long (I don’t think there are enough games left for them to regain the touch and match fitness required) but I’m happy we made a fist of it since Hecks rocked up. Match wise, beating the brick *****hoose 11 in their own lavvy is the highlight of the season for me but experiencing Heckingbottom’s revolution has been almost spiritual. I don’t care if we don’t climb higher - I will just take every game as it comes and look forward to bettering it next season.

MacGruber
09-04-2019, 06:18 AM
I’m not a betting man…just hopeful we can finish on a high. That for me would be 4th but very content if we end up in 5th. or 6th. After the terrible mid-season display, we have recouped the winning mentality and the confidece that breeds. I didn’t think top 6 was a goer a couple of months ago if I’m honest. We may run out of steam due to a few of the squad being sidelined for so long (I don’t think there are enough games left for them to regain the touch and match fitness required) but I’m happy we made a fist of it since Hecks rocked up. Match wise, beating the brick *****hoose 11 in their own lavvy is the highlight of the season for me but experiencing Heckingbottom’s revolution has been almost spiritual. I don’t care if we don’t climb higher - I will just take every game as it comes and look forward to bettering it next season.

Here here.

Although think I would be a tad disappointed if we dropped to 6th from here as between us and hearts we have the 2 point advantage, huge goal difference on them, 3 home games to their 2 and home advantage in next derby - & the momentum

Since452
09-04-2019, 06:51 AM
Win
Win
Win
Win
Win

It's Heckingbottom remember.

BegbieHSC
09-04-2019, 09:33 AM
Celtic - Draw
Hearts - Win
Huns - Win
Killie - Draw
Aberdeen - Win

4th place; a Celtic cup win - Hibs in Europe!!

Green_one
10-04-2019, 11:02 AM
I’m not a betting man…just hopeful we can finish on a high. That for me would be 4th but very content if we end up in 5th. or 6th. After the terrible mid-season display, we have recouped the winning mentality and the confidece that breeds.

4th would be a challenge and 3rd almost impossible. Settle for 5th, beating Hearts at ER and Aberdeen last game. Looking for competitive games in remainder. Where we are is a success compare to a few months ago.

flash
10-04-2019, 11:08 AM
Would expect Celtc and The Rangers to beat us. Killie away maybe a draw at best and hopefully win the other two. They will all be hard.

ahibby
10-04-2019, 12:34 PM
There have been times in the past when we've accrued only five points over the last five matches. For example under Mixu we had a top six season when we beat Hearts, drew with Celtic and Rangers and lost to Dundee Utd and Aberdeen. NL beat that and I think he managed seven, maybe eight points last season. It's possible that we could keep our unbeaten run, who would argue against that? If so we could maybe assume 2 wins and three draws, giving us nine points, which would be the best accumulation that I can remember, or perhaps one win and four draws, giving us seven points. With Aberdeen and Kilmarnock having a six point gap over us, it has to be said it's unlikely we'll catch either of them being realistic and looking at our historical points accumulation in the top six. However, if this turns out to be our best season in the top six games we will close the gap at least. I wonder if at any point though say when fifth is secured and we can't catch fourth or third, we will see a younger team take the field. I think we will beat Celtic, draw with Hearts, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. I'd like to say we'll beat Rangers at Ibrox but I think that'll be our most difficult game of them all.

Diclonius
10-04-2019, 12:59 PM
Our best points total post split is 8 under Lennon last season. Prior to that our post-split performances have been atrocious.

ian cruise
10-04-2019, 02:18 PM
There have been times in the past when we've accrued only five points over the last five matches. For example under Mixu we had a top six season when we beat Hearts, drew with Celtic and Rangers and lost to Dundee Utd and Aberdeen. NL beat that and I think he managed seven, maybe eight points last season. It's possible that we could keep our unbeaten run, who would argue against that? If so we could maybe assume 2 wins and three draws, giving us nine points, which would be the best accumulation that I can remember, or perhaps one win and four draws, giving us seven points. With Aberdeen and Kilmarnock having a six point gap over us, it has to be said it's unlikely we'll catch either of them being realistic and looking at our historical points accumulation in the top six. However, if this turns out to be our best season in the top six games we will close the gap at least. I wonder if at any point though say when fifth is secured and we can't catch fourth or third, we will see a younger team take the field. I think we will beat Celtic, draw with Hearts, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. I'd like to say we'll beat Rangers at Ibrox but I think that'll be our most difficult game of them all.

If we went unbeaten to the end of the season I think I'd find it hard to be overly critical, even if it was 5 draws.

I'm hoping for 3 wins, 2 draws. I can't see anything better than that and even that is wishful thinking. Finish above Hearts and in 5th place and we've done ok. Anything more than that was what I expected/predicted at the start of the season so to even be in the running considering we've had, I think most would agree, a pretty poor season overall.

Onceinawhile
10-04-2019, 02:28 PM
Our best points total post split is 8 under Lennon last season. Prior to that our post-split performances have been atrocious.

That's pathetic.

We are undoubtedly the 5th best team in the top half of the league and unless we get some really good fortune, we won't be beating that record any time soon.

Here’s Lucy!
10-04-2019, 02:30 PM
Three wins.

One draw.

One defeat (to Celtic).

That would do me. :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
10-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Would expect Celtc and The Rangers to beat us. Killie away maybe a draw at best and hopefully win the other two. They will all be hard.

That is probably about right. Think we will beat Aberdeen.

H18 SFR
10-04-2019, 02:35 PM

Did Mixu not beat that?

Fergus52
10-04-2019, 02:38 PM

Would need either Kilmarnock or Abderdeen to lose most of their games, which isn't that unlikely tbh, both haven't been great recently.

Diclonius
10-04-2019, 02:43 PM
Did Mixu not beat that?

Mixu got 5. Derby win, draws v the OF and losses to Dundee United and Aberdeen.

I don't think we actually won more than one post-split game in one season until last year. I'm talking top 6 of course.

Bangkok Hibby
10-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Let's just hope if we have a couple of bad games the negative brigade don't come out in force and start slagging the way Heck has the team playing.

Keith_M
10-04-2019, 05:50 PM
Let's just hope if we have a couple of bad games the negative brigade don't come out in force and start slagging the way Heck has the team playing.

They will.

Best to either ignore or laugh at them.

hfc rd
10-04-2019, 06:44 PM
Mixu got 5. Derby win, draws v the OF and losses to Dundee United and Aberdeen.

I don't think we actually won more than one post-split game in one season until last year. I'm talking top 6 of course.

You are right. Our record in the top six post split fixtures is pretty grim. Last season was our best. We hadn’t managed more than one win till last season.

Not In The Know
11-04-2019, 02:34 PM
i think too many draws will cost us. But i wont be disappointed as the Heck has done tremendous for us with basically 13 players

danhibees1875
11-04-2019, 02:55 PM
4th seems a very difficult ask. We'd need to hope either Killie or sheep take only 3 points maximum (possible if they avoid a draw with each other, leaving them to only win against hearts) and we ourselves beat both of them and hearts.

Actually in hindsight, I can't see how we could fail. :greengrin

SJNB Hibby
13-04-2019, 10:28 AM
4th would be a challenge and 3rd almost impossible. Settle for 5th, beating Hearts at ER and Aberdeen last game. Looking for competitive games in remainder. Where we are is a success compare to a few months ago.

If we beat Aberdeen & Killie, and they draw with each other, we're only a point behind with a likely better GD. So we'd only need to better their results against the terrible trio by 1 point, and we're in third. Would be cracking if we go into the last match at home to Killie with a winner takes all Euro spot as the prize