PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fan jailed for 100 days.

Pages : [1] 2

H18 SFR
08-04-2019, 12:23 PM
For the Rangers game nonsense.

Iggy Pope
08-04-2019, 12:24 PM
For the Rangers game nonsense.

Now that is a nonsense.

Carheenlea
08-04-2019, 12:24 PM
Looks like an example has made of him. Completely over the top sentence for the actual crime comitted IMO.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hibs-fan-who-confronted-rangers-james-tavernier-jailed-and-given-10-year-ban-1-4903743

superbam
08-04-2019, 12:28 PM
Looks like an example has made of him. Completely over the top sentence for the actual crime comitted IMO.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hibs-fan-who-confronted-rangers-james-tavernier-jailed-and-given-10-year-ban-1-4903743

Ridiculous

DaveF
That's a ridiculous sentence. I'd expect that if he attacked a player but come on, 100 days in jail for that?

Iggy Pope
Completely.

Bangkok Hibby
A hundred days in jail will make him realise what a tosser he was. Definitely making an example of him. Pretty sure the ten year ban will hurt him more though.

Blaster
08-04-2019, 12:30 PM
Whether harsh or not hopefully a deterrent to stop others in future

Scouse Hibee
08-04-2019, 12:30 PM
Excellent that finally an example has been set instead of a slap on the wrists. Now they need to put the smoke bombers in prison too.

JeMeSouviens
08-04-2019, 12:31 PM
No previous convictions, he pled guilty ... and got 3 months in jail for basically kicking a ball away and a tiny bit of shoving? The banning order for coming on the park is fair enough ... but the rest is mental. :confused:

NAE NOOKIE
08-04-2019, 12:31 PM
It seems excessive for a first offence. But on the other hand it should leave anybody thinking of doing the same thing in little doubt of what the consequences might be.

CMurdoch
08-04-2019, 12:32 PM
100 days is harsh for someone with no previous convictions.
A month in jail would have been more than sufficient.

inglisavhibs
08-04-2019, 12:34 PM
It seems excessive for a first offence. But on the other hand it should leave anybody thinking of doing the same thing in little doubt of what the consequences might be.
Really stupid of him, but the sentence is severe.

HibeeMackenzie
08-04-2019, 12:35 PM
The Birmingham fan that punched Grealish got less

H113EE5

Serves him right, absolutely no sympathy for him. A ban on the idiots with pyrotechnics would be a good idea, as well.

CMurdoch

matty_f

No previous convictions and assessed as having a low risk of re-offending.

100 days is outrageous. He'd have been better dodging tax.

Seveno
08-04-2019, 12:38 PM
Totally excessive for a crime of this nature. Jail sentences of under 1 year are supposed to be ending and this will probably mean that he will lose his job and affect his children. I doubt it will prove much of a deterrent to the next idiot who is drunk or high on drugs.

DaveF
08-04-2019, 12:38 PM
What chance the judge has a season ticket for Ibrox.

CMurdoch
08-04-2019, 12:40 PM

A month would have got the message across.
Folk who are in trouble all the time don't worry about jail time but those of us who don't roll that way would be put off by any jail sentence. I can't imagine much worse.

Onceinawhile
08-04-2019, 12:41 PM
All because the media are trying to whip up the idea that Scottish football is a lawless wasteland at the moment.

A nonsense of a sentence.

hibby6270
08-04-2019, 12:41 PM
BBC Reporting Scotland news have just said it was 150 days plus a 10 year ban from attending football.

superfurryhibby
08-04-2019, 12:42 PM
Ridiculous sentence for ridiculous behaviour. The guy was an idiot, but it doesn’t merit imprisonment. Ban from football and a fine would have sufficed.

The message is clear that the authorities have had enough of football related disorder.

Bostonhibby
08-04-2019, 12:43 PM
If this is the benchmark roll on the sentencing for illegal sectarian singing and the serious assaults after the last bigotfest at Parkhead.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
08-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Seems very harsh to be honest. First offence and went on the pitch and kicked the ball away. It seems to indicate in the paper he pled guilty to a beach of the peace and acting aggressively to Tavernier. Whoever his legal advisor was I think you could argue he didnt act aggressively to Tavernier, more he kicked the ball away then realised where he was and nothing really happened, admitting guilt to acting aggressively was probably I would assume what has got him such a sentence.

If that is the benchmark then if this continues some people are going to get hammered if for example they throw something which actually causes injury to a player, the guy who threw the bottle at Sinclair must be delighted he didnt get caught.

CMurdoch
08-04-2019, 12:44 PM
The Birmingham fan that punched Grealish got less

Wow!
I would have jailed him for a year.

Onion
08-04-2019, 12:44 PM
Guy is a nutter and deserves his ban from ER, but also agree that 100 day jail sentence for what he actually did looks excessive. There was no assault and his immediate intent seemed to be simply to kick the ball away but then got involved with the player when the player reacted. Harsh.

Guy who lamped Greelish should get 2-5 years.

hibby6270
08-04-2019, 12:45 PM
Ridiculous sentence for ridiculous behaviour. The guy was an idiot, but it doesn’t merit imprisonment. Ban from football and a fine would have sufficed.

The message is clear that the authorities have had enough of football related disorder.

You’re right. Can’t say I’m surprised though. Sentence is probably disproportionate to the offence but as long as this sort of behaviour carries on there has to be some sort of deterrent in place to stop it.

Mick O'Rourke
08-04-2019, 12:46 PM
There is never a good time to appear in front of a Sheriff.
But recent incidents and headlines on football related bother has had a bearing on this sentence.

No doubt the sheriff has did this to make an example,in light of recent events at grounds.

A jail sentence?

Harsh in my view,considering what he did, and what was said in mitigation.

His few moments of stupidity has not only cost him, but also his family.

A heavy fine and ban would have been more appropriate, in my opinion.

But again its the background to all this that has resulted in jail time

Keith_M
That's completely over the top and he should appeal the severity of the sentence.

I'm in no way advocating a slap on the wrists, but punishment has to be appropriate for the crime committed.

JSR1875
Excellent that finally an example has been set instead of a slap on the wrists. Now they need to put the smoke bombers in prison too.

Excellent? Get a grip man.

10 seconds of stupidity and the boy now finds himself locked up fo 3+ months, totally disproportionate.

As for calling for further hibbys to go to jail - ****ing wow.

Kojock
Once again football supporters being singled out and treated differently from members of the public. No previous and low risk of reoffending and he gets 100 days in jail (150 according to BBC news).

You can go down the High Street and beat the 5h1t out of someone and wouldn’t get anywhere near that severity of sentence. Hope the guy appeals against sentence.

HoboHarry
08-04-2019, 12:47 PM
Guy is a nutter and deserves his ban from ER, but also agree that 100 day jail sentence for what he actually did looks excessive. There was no assault and his immediate intent seemed to be simply to kick the ball away but then got involved with the player when the player reacted. Harsh.

Guy who lamped Greelish should get 2-5 years.
Believe he got 14 weeks in jail....

CMurdoch
Seems very harsh to be honest. First offence and went on the pitch and kicked the ball away. It seems to indicate the paper he pled guilty to a beach of the peace and acting aggressively to Tavernier. Whoever his legal advisor was I think you could argue he didnt act aggressively to Tavernier, more he kicked the ball away then realised where he was and nothing really happened, admitting guilt to acting aggressively was probably I would assume what has got him such a sentence.

If that is the benchmark then if this continues some people are going to get hammered if for example they throw something which actually causes injury to a player, the guy who threw the bottle at Sinclair must be delighted he didnt get caught.

The guy that threw the bottle would deserve 18 months in the jail because he could have killed someone
This guy didn't hurt anyone.

McSwanky
...And yet Boris Johnson still walks about like he owns the place. Can't condone what the guy did, but that's just typical of the establishment. Easy target.

HoboHarry
08-04-2019, 12:49 PM
Once again football supporters being singled out and treated differently from members of the public. No previous and low risk of reoffending and he gets 100 days in jail (150 according to BBC news).

You can go down the High Street and beat the 5h1t out of someone and wouldn’t get anywhere near that severity of sentence. Hope the guy appeals against sentence.
Footballers can get away with it by comparison - who's that daftie that plays for Dundee (?) that keeps fighting with the police?

NAE NOOKIE
All because the media are trying to whip up the idea that Scottish football is a lawless wasteland at the moment.

A nonsense of a sentence.

I agree. Yes there has been a bit more stupidity than usual over the last few months ( I do not include stabbing folk under the heading of mere stupidity BTW ) what with stuff being thrown at players and dafties on the pitch. But the way its being portrayed in the media you would think its carnage at every game, when in truth its the usual volatile fixtures which have always had issues attached to them.

As for 'pyrotechnics' … when was the last time anybody saw a flare at a game? IMO smoke bombs come under the heading of inconvenient rather than dangerous and I would be lying if I said I don't have a sneaky wee liking for them.

:tin hat:

TheHarpy76
Harsh, but clearly he’s been made an example off.
With any luck it deters others.

Onion
08-04-2019, 12:51 PM
Believe he got 14 weeks in jail....

Yes, just noticed that. Absolutely crazy. I know this is Scots v English Law but the Hibs boy should appeal that sentence - far too harsh for what he actually did.

Kojock
08-04-2019, 12:52 PM

And that is where the law is an ass, it’s not the courts resonsibility to “make an example” of anyone.

007 Mickey Weir
08-04-2019, 12:52 PM
I’ve been told he has plenty ‘priors’. He has certainly been arrested a few times. Attacked a few folk before in East Lothian and known as a totally looney tunes. So I think this might have been part of it.

DaveF
08-04-2019, 12:53 PM

Are they allowed to do that? I didn't think so.

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2019, 12:53 PM
How long will he actually serve, it should be around 6 weeks which i suppose is fair enough considering everything?

whereswallace?
08-04-2019, 12:54 PM
I wonder how long Ryan Kent will get in jail then.

Surely works both ways.

Pretty Boy
08-04-2019, 12:55 PM
Scandalous sentencing from the Sheriff. 100 days is ridiculous for what actually played out.

I suppose given all the media fueled hysteria the pound of flesh had to be delivered.

Kojock
08-04-2019, 12:56 PM
I’ve been told he has plenty ‘priors’. He has certainly been arrested a few times. Attacked a few folk before in East Lothian and known as a totally looney tunes. So I think this might have been part of it.

They can’t take gossip into consideration when deciding sentence only facts which are. 1/ He has NO previous convictions and 2/ Was assessed as being a low risk to reoffend.

JXM73
08-04-2019, 12:57 PM
Release the East Stand 1...

Fine and banning order would have sufficed, must have called the judge a **** and then **** in his wig...

Keith_M
08-04-2019, 12:57 PM

No Previous Convictions

OstKurve Hibs
08-04-2019, 01:02 PM
Defo seems harsh, the Aberdeen fan who ran on the pitch and kicked the baw away at the league cup final was given 140 days jail but his banning order is only 8 months.

Mick O'Rourke

"priors" for what?
The court heard he has no previous convictions.
I have known loads of "looney tunes" in my life,by the way.
Not all went to jail -)
I don't think the prosecutor said
"he has no previous convictions,m'lud
However he is known as a bit of a looney tune down Port Seton way.
So on that basis, the prosecution ask you impose a custodial sentence."

Thats all Folks !!! :offski:

pacoluna
That's an utter disgrace.

How long did the old guy get for racial abuse at the last ER derby?

The courts have a long standing problem with ageism particularly when it comes to sentencing.

Pretty Boy
08-04-2019, 01:03 PM

Irrelevant hearsay.

The sentencing should take into account the offence, the plea, previous convictions, background and social work reports and so on. In other words: facts. A few folk claiming he's a bit of a nutter and arrests that saw him released without charge really shouldn't have any bearing on a sentence. If it can be proven they have then that is grounds for appeal.

Keith_M
08-04-2019, 01:04 PM
"priors" for what?
Not all went to jail -)

Whereas if he lived in Prestonpans, he'd be considered 'normal'.

:wink:

proud_and_green
08-04-2019, 01:05 PM

Agree, but in sentencing, the Sheriff appears to have gone against guidelines in that this is a sentence of less than six months which there is a presumption against - they do more harm than good in that there is no chance to rehabilitate someone. The Sheriff says he has to consider public protection which, I assume, is the mitigation against the presumption I mentioned before, I don't know this guy but it doesn't seem that this offence is indicative of him being a threat to society therefore I am not sure how the public needs him off the streets, unless there is intelligence to suggest that he is causing bother all the time.

Then there is the damage done to the individual and his family and the cost to society. Not sure if he had a job before all this, but being banged up he certainly won't, which means his partner and children will pay the price as well and not just by not having him around. He will also find it more difficult to get a decent job after he comes out - particularly given all he will have learned inside will have been how to do drugs more effectively and be **** scared all the time. There are no courses for prisoners doing less than that sort of sentence. This will result in a whole load of post incarceration support for him and the danger that he finds no other alternative but to do crime in order to feed his family. This is not to mention the actual cost to the state of housing him, clothing him and feeding him inside and the loss of tax revenue from him.

This is why short sentences don't work. This is as has already been said an example, but actually the example could also have been given by a hefty fine, say £1000 or more.

I am not someone to favour leniency, but I just don't see the point in short sentences at all and it does feel like this guy is carrying the can that is not to say he isn't an idiot and that we can do without any of his type of behaviour but....

Baader
08-04-2019, 01:08 PM
Ridiculous in that the guy who actually got on the pitch and punched Jack Grealish from behind got less. I know it's English and Scots law but that is crazy.

If the precedent has been set it will be interesting to see what follows. Has that Jambo clown who bottled that poor lady been sentenced yet?

JimBHibees
08-04-2019, 01:11 PM
Defo seems harsh, the Aberdeen fan who ran on the pitch and kicked the baw away at the league cup final was given 140 days jail but his banning order is only 8 months.

That seems very harsh as well.

Mick O'Rourke
08-04-2019, 01:11 PM
Whereas if he lived in Prestonpans, he'd be considered 'normal'.

Aye ...The Pons !!
Although back in the day, i use to meet some "normals" in the old Johnny Cope

Mostly Celtic normals

Andy.1875
08-04-2019, 01:13 PM
He did the crime and deserves every day of his sentence.
100 days bed, breakfast and evening meal.
It's us that are paying for this.

SteveHFC
08-04-2019, 01:14 PM
Yes, just noticed that. Absolutely crazy. I know this is Scots v English Law but the Hibs boy should appeal that sentence - far too harsh for what he actually did.

This.

Completely over the top.

ac1
08-04-2019, 01:21 PM
Well over the top. Been made an example of to deter others it looks like

Antifa Hibs
08-04-2019, 01:22 PM
Ridiculous sentencing but not unexpected. You'd be better joining a chat room and sharing sexual abuse pictures and videos of kids while managing a childs nursery and you'd walk free like that wifey last month.

Joke of a sentence.

ac1
08-04-2019, 01:24 PM
Ridiculous sentencing but not unexpected. You'd be better joining a chat room and sharing sexual abuse pictures and videos of kids while managing a childs nursery and you'd walk free like that wifey last month.

Joke of a sentence.

Correct - the ‘law’ is a total joke at times. Make it up as they go along. Kinda like the SFA

Waxy
08-04-2019, 01:29 PM

You can go down the High Street and beat the 5h1t out of someone and wouldn’t get anywhere near that severity of sentence. Hope the guy appeals against sentence.If you must do swear words, no do them like that.

marleyhib
08-04-2019, 01:38 PM

That's well over the top, an example being made based on the bad press football has been receiving recently.
I didn't think too much of it at the time, more of a wasted **se than anything else.

proud_and_green
08-04-2019, 01:41 PM
The more I think about it the less I think of it.

If it is supposed to be a deterrent, it won't be. The only people it will deter are the people who wouldn't do it anyway, whilst those who do it won't be deterred!

Then add in all the rest of my arguments from my earlier post about the pointlessness of short sentences and damage they do to people

IWasThere2016
08-04-2019, 01:48 PM
It is right he is jailed but 100 days is way over the top.

marleyhib
08-04-2019, 01:49 PM
The more I think about it the less I think of it.

If it is supposed to be a deterrent, it won't be. The only people it will deter are the people who wouldn't do it anyway, whilst those who do it won't be deterred!

Then add in all the rest of my arguments from my earlier post about the pointlessness of short sentences and damage they do to people

Agree with you on all of this, the other week they were talking about scrapping all jail sentences under a year in England and Wales. Ban him, community service perhaps but sticking him in jail is pointless.

Kojock
08-04-2019, 01:51 PM
If you must do swear words, no do them like that.

Aye whatever.

cabbageandribs1875
08-04-2019, 01:54 PM
freakin a**h**e wearing a ridiculously silly wig delivers a seriously ridiculously silly sentence, the jail AND the ban, absolutely ridiculous

Oscar T Grouch
08-04-2019, 01:56 PM
The problem with breaking the law is you lay yourself open to the maximum sentence for the crime committed. 100 days for coming onto a football pitch to kick a ball away is excessive for what was done but he could have got more time than he di . His background reports couldn't have been great but I think he'd copped the sentence for the courts to make an example, which is wrong in itself.
He should have been fined and sent on a mandatory course for anger management and given some community service or whatever they call it nowadays. Jailing him will do him no good for him or the victim.

Fife-Hibee
08-04-2019, 01:57 PM
Outrageous getting the jail for that!

Daydreamer
08-04-2019, 01:58 PM
Way over the top but imagine the sentence for throwing a coconut.

cabbageandribs1875
08-04-2019, 02:01 PM
Way over the top but imagine the sentence for throwing a coconut.

if it's the same out of touch t**t of a judge i suspect 3-4 years, with no chance of parole

Daydreamer
08-04-2019, 02:04 PM
if it's the same out of touch t**t of a judge i suspect 3-4 years, with no chance of parole

:agree::agree:

PaulSmith
08-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Politically motivated, out of context and in comparison to some offences it’s baffling.

Ive said for a while though that the justice system is out to get any football fan and make an example of them, there will be more to come.

Squealing pig
08-04-2019, 02:10 PM
Very harsh obviously a hun judge

The Harp
08-04-2019, 02:14 PM
Nonsensical sentence to hand out to a first offender. His 100 days in jail will have more impact on his partner and their children than on the offender himself.

If he's in work, there's every chance he'll lose his job and will have difficulty getting future employment.

Surely a fine, a football banning order and a period of community service would have been more appropriate.

He's clearly been used as a means of sending a warning to others.

erin go bragh
08-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Aye whatever.

You did put 51 in your sw . Don’t think the poster was being anything other than humorous 😉

Kojock
08-04-2019, 02:34 PM
You did put 51 in your sw . Don’t think the poster was being anything other than humorous 😉

Doh, never noticed that. I'm now on the naughty step.

DarlingtonHibee
08-04-2019, 02:37 PM
He was made an example off.

Totally agree with that.

If we don't stop it the club will be fined, and that will hurt the transfer budget.

MWHIBBIES
08-04-2019, 02:39 PM
Nonsensical sentence to hand out to a first offender. His 100 days in jail will have more impact on his partner and their children than on the offender himself.

If he's in work, there's every chance he'll lose his job and will have difficulty getting future employment.

Surely a fine, a football banning order and a period of community service would have been more appropriate.

He's clearly been used as a means of sending a warning to others.

Definitely things he should be considering before breaking the law, not the judge.

The_Exile
08-04-2019, 02:48 PM
The dangers of drinking on an empty heid.

Hibernian Verse
08-04-2019, 02:48 PM
Definitely things he should be considering before breaking the law, not the judge.

:agree: Anyone with a few brain cells knows to stay on the right side of the law. If you can't stay on that side in the UK considering how lenient the law usually is you deserve what's coming.

God help the guy if he lived in Dubai, Saudi etc

brog
08-04-2019, 02:50 PM
This guy originally got a suspended sentence. No one's condoning our idiot's actions but he's been unfairly punished because our our MSM have a new drum to beat. We'll need to build about 10 new prisons if sentencing like this is consistently applied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgk-UmDft1o

Lago
08-04-2019, 02:53 PM
1) Will he serve the full 100 days ?

2) I'll bet he never does anything like that again nor will some of the other idiots that seem to think it's fun.:confused:

DarlingtonHibee
08-04-2019, 02:59 PM

2) I'll bet he never does anything like that again nor will some of the other idiots that seem to think it's fun.:confused:

Think he will do half, if he behaves.

Then tag.

Sir David Gray
08-04-2019, 02:59 PM
Absolutely pathetic sentence that he's got 100 days in prison for a breach of the peace, especially as a first time offender.

I don't agree with his behaviour and he has rightly been given a ban from attending matches but a hefty fine should have sufficed. What a waste of prison resources.

Really shocked by that decision!

brog
08-04-2019, 03:01 PM

If only that was true. The UK has the highest rate of imprisonment in Western Europe yet also has one of the highest rates of reoffending. Prison isn't really a deterrent, it's intended to keep society safe & this guy was said not to be a threat.

DarlingtonHibee
08-04-2019, 03:03 PM
Absolutely pathetic sentence that he's got 100 days in prison for a breach of the peace, especially as a first time offender.

I don't agree with his behaviour and he has rightly been given a ban from attending matches but a hefty fine should have sufficed. What a waste of prison resources.

He's been made an example off.

Probably some political pressure as well.

Northernhibee
08-04-2019, 03:05 PM
Meh. Make it 200 if it starts to make an example of some and ends up putting the rest of the ********s that do stuff like him off.

Iggy Pope
08-04-2019, 03:07 PM
:agree: Anyone with a few brain cells knows to stay on the right side of the law. If you can't stay on that side in the UK considering how lenient the law usually is you deserve what's coming.

God help the guy if he lived in Dubai, Saudi etc

Jeez. **** has that to do with anything. Bring back the birch, right?

DarlingtonHibee
08-04-2019, 03:08 PM

What about the cost of police and stewards our club has to pay?

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Football recently has been a breeding ground for morons who throw stuff and invade the pitch, the media have been all over it for months and it was as sure as eggs are eggs someone was going to get a sore one for being a twat.

Anyone who feels the need to go on the park in future will know straight away now what to expect. Behaviour at football has been getting worse, i'm not comparing it to yesteryear, but there have been some pretty high documented incidents recently, with a lot of it at our door.

Probably over excessive, but there's only one person to blame here.

ancient hibee
08-04-2019, 03:18 PM
No doubt if this had been a Rangers fan and a Hibs player the same sentiments would have been expressed.

Moulin Yarns
08-04-2019, 03:20 PM
I was listening to the radio today and Michelle mcmanus was on talking about the hate she has had on social media. This after a random guy battered her over the head with a guitar case only got a £350 fine. She was in hospital for days. Judges make it up as they go along.

HappyAsHellas
08-04-2019, 03:22 PM
I think the sentence is undeniably harsh given the crime committed. As far as I know there is not a separate law for football fans so I would expect an appeal. How many clowns were banged up over the weekend for fighting up the town and then let go in the morning? The law has to be seen to be fairly applied and in this case has failed miserably.

CockneyRebel
08-04-2019, 03:26 PM
No previous convictions, he pled guilty ... and got 3 months in jail for basically kicking a ball away and a tiny bit of shoving? The banning order for coming on the park is fair enough ... but the rest is mental. :confused:

Tavernier was more aggressive.

Iggy Pope
08-04-2019, 03:27 PM
I was listening to the radio today and Michelle mcmanus was on talking about the hate she has had on social media. This after a random guy battered her over the head with a guitar case only got a £350 fine. She was in hospital for days. Judges make it up as they go along.

Don’t know about judges. I got battered to bits in Glasgow one night (after that 2005 notable 3-1 win at Parkhead).
Repeat offenders. Caught. Notorious.
Day in court.
Never got to jury.
Community **** followed. Doubtful if they lifted their arse off their squat.

This fellah plays a bit of keepie uppie when off his tits and is in pokey for three months? Get a grip some of you posters. This is wrong. Very wrong.

Kojock
08-04-2019, 03:27 PM
No doubt if this had been a Rangers fan and a Hibs player the same sentiments would have been expressed.

Can't speak for other posters but to me it doesnt matter what team he supports, the sentence is way OTT.

DarlingtonHibee
08-04-2019, 03:32 PM
Can't speak for other posters but to me it doesnt matter what team he supports, the sentence is way OTT.

It's a warning to others

Hibs will welcome the sentence.

Antifa Hibs
08-04-2019, 03:34 PM
Don’t know about judges. I got battered to bits in Glasgow one night (after that 2005 notable 3-1 win at Parkhead).
Repeat offenders. Caught. Notorious.
Day in court.
Never got to jury.
Community **** followed. Doubtful if they lifted their arse off their squat.

This fellah plays a bit of keepie uppie when off his tits and is in pokey for three months? Get a grip some of you posters. This is wrong. Very wrong.

Yep. A pal of mine got sucker punched outside bannermans, knocked to the deck, face burst open, completely unprovoked. Boy who threw the punch got arrested, community service and ordered to pay compensation of about 80 quid!

Kojock
08-04-2019, 03:40 PM
It's a warning to others

It will make no difference to anyone who is acting on the spur of the moment. We used to have the death penalty for certain crimes but they were still committed.

ZAGREB RED
08-04-2019, 03:40 PM
No doubt this guy did something wrong and deserved to be punished, but I think he has been hit with a much harsher penalty than he would normally have received due to all the recent incidents at football matches in Scotland recently.
He has been made an example of in this case, other people have quoted examples of actual assault and/or bodily harm previously in the thread resulting in much lesser punishments. Publicity surrounding certain court cases often leads to this type of thing, rightly or wrongly.

DarlingtonHibee
08-04-2019, 03:42 PM
It will make no difference to anyone who is acting on the spur of the moment. We used to have the death penalty for certain crimes but they were still committed.

BBC website, daily ranger etc all saying hibs thug....

Not great for the brand, sponsors etc.....

Peevemor
08-04-2019, 03:45 PM

Rarely when being broadcast live on national TV.

Iggy Pope
08-04-2019, 03:47 PM
Rarely when being broadcast live on national TV.

Lots of things are on the telly! Even in France. Where are you going with that, do you think this is a fair sentence?

Peevemor
08-04-2019, 03:54 PM
Lots of things are on the telly! Even in France. Where are you going with that, do you think this is a fair sentence?

Only that I don't know of any capital crimes committed in Britain when the perpetrator knew he was being filmed by numerous tv cameras broadcasting live to the nation.

For what it's worth I think the sentence is ridiculously excessive.

Hibernia&Alba
08-04-2019, 03:56 PM
I agree that one hundred days in jail seems a harsh sentence for that actually transpired. A fine and banning order would seems appropriate; perhaps it is a case of the authorities deciding that stupidity at football is going to be cracked down upon, in which we case there should be consistency across the board.

As someone mentioned above, what sentence is Ryan kent going to get for punching an opponent?

greenginger
08-04-2019, 04:03 PM
I thought you didn’t go To jail if the sentence was less than a year.

silverhibee
08-04-2019, 04:04 PM

:top marks

And yet football players are allowed to assault other players on the pitch and that seems to be okay with the authorities.

As said, hopefully the lad finds himself another lawyer and appeals the sentence and gets out on bail.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-04-2019, 04:04 PM
BBC website, daily ranger etc all saying hibs thug....

Not great for the brand, sponsors etc.....

In opposition to "Man in rangers scarf" and "West coast of Scotland fans" position we're used to hear about from the bias media in Scotland

Kojock
08-04-2019, 04:05 PM
Only that I don't know of any capital crimes committed in Britain when the perpetrator knew he was being filmed by numerous tv cameras broadcasting live to the nation.

For what it's worth I think the sentence is ridiculously excessive.

The argument is not about being caught committing the crime, it's about the punishment acting as a deterrent to others which won't enter the head of the person acting on the spur or in the heat of the moment.

Bishop Hibee
08-04-2019, 04:08 PM
The sentence is a warning from the establishment for football fans to get back in their box. Borderline hysteria from the media hasn’t helped. It’ll cost the state plenty to imprison him.

Lendo
08-04-2019, 04:08 PM
In the minority clearly, but I have no issue with the sentence being handed down. He is old enough to know exactly what he's doing when he ran on the pitch.

Don't want to go to jail for 100 days? Don't be a dickhead.

jacomo
08-04-2019, 04:13 PM
Totally excessive for a crime of this nature. Jail sentences of under 1 year are supposed to be ending and this will probably mean that he will lose his job and affect his children. I doubt it will prove much of a deterrent to the next idiot who is drunk or high on drugs.

Have to agree. Not sure a custodial sentence is justified here.

silverhibee
08-04-2019, 04:15 PM
He was made an example off.

Totally agree with that.

If we don't stop it the club will be fined, and that will hurt the transfer budget.

Who will fine us.

Kojock
08-04-2019, 04:15 PM
The sentence is a warning from the establishment for football fans to get back in their box. Borderline hysteria from the media hasn’t helped. It’ll cost the state plenty to imprison him.

As I previously stated the punishment won't act as a deterrent. Folk know if they are caught in possession of or throwing a smoke bomb at the football they will be banned for years yet nearly every game they are set off.

EI255
08-04-2019, 04:16 PM
More disturbing, he has received death threats over this. Who are they dish out death threats? I hope this is followed up by Police Act. You can't go handing out threats like this.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Antifa Hibs
In the minority clearly, but I have no issue with the sentence being handed down. He is old enough to know exactly what he's doing when he ran on the pitch.

Not at all. Be a dickhead all you want. Just not at a football stadium

Exactly this.

There was more arrests at Eminem at Bellahouston Park than there has been at the 3 OF derbies this season...

About time DF Concerts get there house in order before the government has to step in. Disgraceful figures, concerts will soon have to be played behind closed doors etc etc... :cb

wookie70
I'm glad he was caught and I'm glad he has been banned. I think he, on balance, deserves a criminal record. It isn't exactly a secret that coming on the pitch is stupid and the minute a player is touched regardless of why then it is serious. Imagine someone you didn't know, who isn't allowed entry into your work space getting right in your face when you were doing your job. It needs punished but he has found himself committing the act at the worst time possible and all the other bams who have been drinking, taking in and throwing pyros, throwing coins and coconuts etc have just got this boy more jail time. The behaviour is getting worse and worse and there does need to be some action, not sure this is the correct way about handling it but I do think there will be plenty who will curb their "enthusiasm" a bit because of this. I have very little sympathy for the boy. He is an adult and has to take what is coming as he is the only reason it happened.

andyf5
08-04-2019, 04:17 PM

I think it is disproportionate. £1000 fine would send a similar message. Throwing a bottle or a lighter is far worse in my opinion. This guy kicked a ball.

skyhibs
08-04-2019, 04:19 PM
Absolutely ridiculous sentence.... he did nothing that would warrant this amount of time inside.,. He needs to appeal and use a different solicitor

DarlingtonHibee
08-04-2019, 04:19 PM
Who will fine us.

If this carries on then the government will step in

Don't know if the sfa or spfl have got any power's.

Lago
08-04-2019, 04:20 PM

I am in your minority.

Phil MaGlass
08-04-2019, 04:23 PM
Its excessive, football hooligans fighting in the street get less, but, on saying that hopefully this is the start the game needs tae clean up its act, just a pity the guy hadnt been a hun bigot though.

Topographic Hibby
08-04-2019, 04:27 PM
Sorry, I’m in the minority here.

We were on warning after the buckie bottle the week before. He entered the field of play and confronted an opponent player. The book has been thrown at him. No sympathy, I’m afraid.

The Modfather
08-04-2019, 04:27 PM
He’s unlucky in the respect that he appears to have been the one to have been made an example of, but can’t say I have much sympathy for him.

DarlingtonHibee
08-04-2019, 04:28 PM

I'm also in the minority.

Blaster
08-04-2019, 04:29 PM
Its excessive, football hooligans fighting in the street get less, but, on saying that hopefully this is the start the game needs tae clean up its act, just a pity the guy hadnt been a hun bigot though.

We can’t compare hooligans fighting each other with a fan approaching players on the park. You are not allowed on the pitch / pitchside. I’m not saying it’s not excessive but it has to be nipped in the bud somehow.

silverhibee
08-04-2019, 04:30 PM
It's a warning to others

Do you really think this will stop folk coming on to the pitch, no chance, it will happen again and again, do we start handing out 15 year sentences to make a example, as has been said, why is football being made an example when crime happens everywhere, why do judges not make examples of shoplifters who are at it everyday, maybe a 10 year sentence, it won't put anyone off going out stealing.

This is a ridiculous sentence for a guy who ran on a football pitch and kicked a ball away, who has no previous convictions, what a joke and waste of tax payers money.

DarlingtonHibee
08-04-2019, 04:34 PM
Do you really think this will stop folk coming on to the pitch, no chance, it will happen again and again, do we start handing out 15 year sentences to make a example, as has been said, why is football being made an example when crime happens everywhere, why do judges not make examples of shoplifters who are at it everyday, maybe a 10 year sentence, it won't put anyone off going out stealing.

This is a ridiculous sentence for a guy who ran on a football pitch and kicked a ball away, who has no previous convictions, what a joke and waste of tax payers money.
Tax payers money?

What about the cost to the club!!

Extra security and police.

All comes off the transfer budget.

Radium
08-04-2019, 04:36 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-39446695

Man admits trying to punch player escapes jail.

As in this case, a Hibs fan and a TIRFC player.

Both been drinking.

... completely different sentences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kojock
08-04-2019, 04:44 PM

Both been drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that guy had got 100 day sentence then no one could've complained about it being excessive. He's admitted to having too much to drink and taking cocaine, he subsequently ran half the length of the pitch, assaults a player then a fan, before striking a woman with a chair. The other guy ran to the side of the pitch and kicked the ball away. No comparison whatsoever.

Rumble de Thump
08-04-2019, 04:47 PM
Have any other people been jailed or fined for going onto the pitch this season?

Lago
08-04-2019, 04:48 PM
3 arrested at Saturday's game, be interesting to see the outcome of any court cases.

Kojock
08-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Have any other people been jailed or fined for going onto the pitch this season?

The guy didn't even go on the pitch.

silverhibee
08-04-2019, 04:56 PM

The government will do nothing.

Correct they have no powers so no fine.

Here’s Lucy!
08-04-2019, 04:59 PM
Whether harsh or not hopefully a deterrent to stop others in future

And that's exactly why it was dished out.

Hell mend him.

Bangkok Hibby
08-04-2019, 05:00 PM

I'm sure I said on another thread somewhere that nothing works as a deterrent. Cops shoot people with guns in USA...more guns than ever. Saudi Arabia cuts the hands off thieves...people still steal. The death sentence doesn't stop murder.
I said earlier that 100 days should make him realise what a twat he was, but this sentence won't stop the next bampot chucking things or running on to the pitch. I genuinely believe nothing works so it's just a case of dealing with every instance as it arises.

silverhibee
08-04-2019, 05:02 PM
We can’t compare hooligans fighting each other with a fan approaching players on the park. You are not allowed on the pitch / pitchside. I’m not saying it’s not excessive but it has to be nipped in the bud somehow.

Will the guy who came on to the pitch at Parkhead with his baby in his arms get jailed, his face plastered all over the papers but we have not heard a peep from Scottish police about any arrests that day from fans being on the pitch, or do they have to be aggressive when on it to get detained.

It was always going to be a fan out with rangers abn Celtc who would get made a example of bad behaviour at football.

yonder1875
08-04-2019, 05:03 PM
He did the crime and deserves every day of his sentence.
100 days bed, breakfast and evening meal.
It's us that are paying for this.

****ing hell.

Geo_1875
08-04-2019, 05:04 PM

He wouldn't have been jailed if he done the same thing on the street. Should have just stayed in the stand and hurled sectarian abuse. There's a free pass for that offence.

silverhibee
08-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Tax payers money?

What about the cost to the club!!

Extra security and police.

All comes off the transfer budget.

Yes the tax payer will pay for his time in jail.

What cost to the club, so far no sponsors have pulled out and I don't think it will deter folk from attending games.

That was happening before the lad got the jail.

Not according to the board.

Stop being a drama queen, some guy ran on the pitch, he didn't kill anyone.

Blaster
08-04-2019, 05:10 PM
Will the guy who came on to the pitch at Parkhead with his baby in his arms get jailed, his face plastered all over the papers but we have not heard a peep from Scottish police about any arrests that day from fans being on the pitch, or do they have to be aggressive when on it to get detained.

It was always going to be a fan out with rangers abn Celtc who would get made a example of bad behaviour at football.

I didn’t see it mate so can’t comment. But if he approached a player and the player was worried for his safety then yes he should be charged as well

Nakedmanoncrack
08-04-2019, 05:10 PM
Disgraceful and entirely disproportionate sentencing.

DarlingtonHibee
08-04-2019, 05:11 PM
Leeann says it is not acceptable.

Not a drama queen but probably got more financial acumen.

Here’s Lucy!
08-04-2019, 05:12 PM
Sorry, I’m in the minority here.

We were on warning after the buckie bottle the week before. He entered the field of play and confronted an opponent player. The book has been thrown at him. No sympathy, I’m afraid.

:top marks

Blaster
08-04-2019, 05:12 PM
He wouldn't have been jailed if he done the same thing on the street. Should have just stayed in the stand and hurled sectarian abuse. There's a free pass for that offence.

He was somewhere he wasn’t allowed though. This is about player safety in general. Personal responsibility.

Gordy M
08-04-2019, 05:17 PM

Yeh bit whether we like it or not, different rules apply. If you dont think they should thats fair enough, but go into Tesco on a sat afternoon and shout and swear like some fans do at opposition players(our own players) and the refs etc.....see if its treated any differently

Hibernia&Alba
08-04-2019, 05:18 PM
He was somewhere he wasn’t allowed though. This is about player safety in general. Personal responsibility.

You're right on that point, but at the same time the sentence can still be deemed very severe. Fine and long term ban seems more appropriate to me, and I'd say the same no matter which team he supports. It was an offence of a different/lesser magnitude than the Birmingham City fan who ran across the pitch to punch the Villa player recently.

Blaster
08-04-2019, 05:24 PM
You're right on that point, but at the same time the sentence can still be deemed very severe. Fine and long term ban seems more appropriate to me, and I'd say the same no matter which team he supports. It was an offence of a different/lesser magnitude than the Birmingham City fan who ran across the pitch to punch the Villa player recently.

Absolutely mate. Something had to be done though. Will it deter? Who knows. Maybe a ridiculous amount of community service would have been better. Maybe we’d all have a different view if a hibs player was the one being approached

superfurryhibby
08-04-2019, 05:26 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-47852675

Police and government are eager to see change.

Malthibby
08-04-2019, 05:27 PM
It's severe, certainly compared to the Birmingham City fan but he's a victim of context.
Clubs, govt etc kept saying stop & 'fans' who thought they were more important than their clubs just kept going.
Eventually there was going to be a response & he was it when it happened.
Perhaps all the rest of the folk who think it's okay to throw stuff on the pitch & at players, or confront managers and players
should have a wee look at themselves, because there's definitely a minority culture which condones or encourages this sort of stuff
and someone's ended up in the jail because of it.

Scouse Hibee
08-04-2019, 05:28 PM
The only disappointment is that he wasn’t banned for life.

B.H.F.C
08-04-2019, 05:28 PM
People commit far worse offences and don’t get time in the jail.

Football fan, first offence, jailed.

No surprise really.

DarlingtonHibee
08-04-2019, 05:29 PM

Silverhibee FYI.

Hibernia&Alba
08-04-2019, 05:30 PM
The only disappointment is that he wasn’t banned for life.

I think he is from Easter Road?

Phil MaGlass
08-04-2019, 05:38 PM

this

Scouse Hibee
08-04-2019, 05:39 PM

Okay thanks, that’s all good then.

silverhibee
08-04-2019, 05:44 PM

Lol.

Alex Salmond the then 1st minister at the time said he would eradicate sectarian abuse at football grounds, these politicians don't half like blowing there trumpet.

silverhibee
08-04-2019, 05:52 PM
Silverhibee FYI.

More pish from our politicians regards football, it's been going on for years, see my other response to this, they will make threats but will never get involved..

TBC

The Tubs
08-04-2019, 05:53 PM
Another comparison:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12115434.fan-jailed-for-attack-on-goram/

Kojock
08-04-2019, 05:58 PM
Leeann says it is not acceptable.

Not a drama queen but probably got more financial acumen.

I've not read anywhere that any Hibs fan thought his behaviour was acceptable. I'm all for the punishment should fit the crime however on this occasion the punishment outweighs the severity of the crime.

Lago
08-04-2019, 06:03 PM
Disgraceful and entirely disproportionate sentencing.

He fought the Law and the Law won. 😊

DarlingtonHibee
08-04-2019, 06:03 PM
I've not read anywhere that any Hibs fan thought his behaviour was acceptable. I'm all for the punishment should fit the crime however on this occasion the punishment outweighs the severity of the crime.

Kojock

He has been made an example off

Somebody is going to get seriously hurt soon.

Don't want it to be a hibs fan.

Here’s Lucy!
08-04-2019, 06:13 PM

That's great news, if true.

The fewer of that sort, the better.

w pilton hibby
08-04-2019, 06:17 PM

'Cameron Mack, from Port Seton in East Lothian, approached the Rangers captain as he went to collect the ball for a throw-in before kicking it away and acting in an aggressive manner.

The 22-year-old was jailed for 100 days and banned from attending football matches for ten years.'

From the STV report.

Sammy7nil
08-04-2019, 06:19 PM

He would have been much better fighting in the street with an axe claiming self defence. Two guys did that last week and got 100 hours community pay back order.

Scouse Hibee
08-04-2019, 06:20 PM
'Cameron Mack, from Port Seton in East Lothian, approached the Rangers captain as he went to collect the ball for a throw-in before kicking it away and acting in an aggressive manner.

The 22-year-old was jailed for 100 days and banned from attending football matches for ten years.'

From the STV report.

I think maybe Hibs banned him for life as soon as he was caught

flash
08-04-2019, 06:21 PM
The punishment most certainly does not fit the crime. People do far worse without getting sent down.
In fact players do worse on the park.

proud_and_green
08-04-2019, 06:37 PM

Both been drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI suppose though this supports the fact that the way that was dealt with was no deterrent.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

chrisski33
08-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Ridiculous

No its not. Serves him right and he embarrassed the club. No sympathy.

Fratelli
08-04-2019, 07:07 PM
Contrast this sentence to those handed out to that thug footballer Paul McGowan over the years.

He has 5 convictions for assault, 3 of which were on police officers and he didn’t see the inside of any jail...community service order for his latest transgression.

Yes, Cameron deserved to be punished but this is OTT however, if it makes idiots think again (unlikely I know), then some good will have come from this.

On a related matter, there will be no sympathy from me for anyone caught with pyrotechnics inside a football stadium...

hibsquaker
08-04-2019, 07:12 PM
No its not. Serves him right and he embarrassed the club. No sympathy.

100 days in jail for doing frankly **** all. An absolute disgrace. I have every sympathy.

Hibbeejohn
08-04-2019, 07:13 PM
I've not read the entire thread and so forgive me if someone has mentioned this before but as a lawyer (and a loyal Hibbee) I can tell you exactly what this sentence is about: safety at work. James Tavanier was at his place of work when the young man came on to a place where he should not have been. He also lifted his hands towards Tavanier. I'm sure every poster on this thread would expect protection from the law if that happened to them at their place of work.The Grealish attacker got pretty much an identical punishment and both judges (sheriffs up here and magistrates down south) would have been considering two things: deterrant and punishment. Both leaned heavily on deterrant and, as a device to keep us all safe at our workplace, in my opinion got it right.

hibsquaker
08-04-2019, 07:16 PM
I've not read the entire thread and so forgive me if someone has mentioned this before but as a lawyer (and a loyal Hibbee) I can tell you exactly what this sentence is about: safety at work. James Tavanier was at his place of work when the young man came on to a place where he should not have been. He also lifted his hands towards Tavanier. I'm sure every poster on this thread would expect protection from the law if that happened to them at their place of work.The Grealish attacker got pretty much an identical punishment and both judges (sheriffs up here and magistrates down south) would have been considering two things: deterrant and punishment. Both leaned heavily on deterrant and, as a device to keep us all safe at our workplace, in my opinion got it right.

So if someone pushes you at work they should get 100 days in jail. Come on!

andyf5
08-04-2019, 07:18 PM
And that's exactly why it was dished out.

Hell mend him.

Nobody on here is defending the guy. What we are debating is the appropriateness of the sentance to the crime. Is 100 days right? Should it be 1 year? Is that a greater deterrent? Where do you draw the line for kicking a ball?

hibsquaker
08-04-2019, 07:19 PM
Nobody on here is defending the guy. What we are debating is the appropriateness of the sentance to the crime. Is 100 days right? Should it be 1 year? Is that a greater deterrent? Where do you draw the line for kicking a ball?

It is really scary where society is heading if someone gets 100 days in jail for kicking a ball and pushing someone. Very very scary.

Blaster
08-04-2019, 07:24 PM
It is really scary where society is heading if someone gets 100 days in jail for kicking a ball and pushing someone. Very very scary.

Why not just stay in the stands like the rest of us?

That’s the gamble and it’s cost him. He didn’t just push ‘someone’. He pushed a player at his place of work and tarnished our club

Since90+2
08-04-2019, 07:26 PM

I could be wrong but did Tavernier not push him first and then he reacted? From memory he only lifted his hands by pushing him after being shoved himself. Is that not taking into consideration?

What he he done was daft but to get 3 months in jail is utterly ridiculous.

Kojock
08-04-2019, 07:29 PM

During my working hours I was punched, kicked, head butted, spat on, suffered broken bones and was absent from work because of injuries inflicted by others. I was also verbally abused where folk threatened to rape my wife, 5h@g and kill my children and torch my car and house. Despite most accused having numerous previous convictions very few received a custodial sentence. It was treated by the courts as a hazard of the job.

hibbyfraelibby
08-04-2019, 07:29 PM
"priors" for what?
Not all went to jail -)

The Sheriff requested background reports ahead of sentencing. If he's had any recorded "engagements" with Police, Social Work etc it might have confirmed his jakey status.

Actually agree 100 days is appropriate. If it had been the 19th C he would have been transported to Oz...then he could watch Jamie Mac in the A League as he's not going to a ground near home for a decade.

hibsquaker
08-04-2019, 07:36 PM
Why not just stay in the stands like the rest of us?

That’s the gamble and it’s cost him. He didn’t just push ‘someone’. He pushed a player at his place of work and tarnished our club

Why is pushing a player at his place of work deemed greater than pushing 'someone' as you say at their place of work? Anyone who thinks this sentence is appropriate needs their heads looking at.

Beefster
08-04-2019, 07:37 PM
The sentence is a warning from the establishment for football fans to get back in their box.

Or to stay in your seat. I’ve had worse warnings tbh.

Blaster
08-04-2019, 07:38 PM
Why is pushing a player at his place of work deemed greater than pushing 'someone' as you say at their place of work? Anyone who thinks this sentence is appropriate needs their heads looking at.

I never said it should be deemed greater. But it is different from 2 folk squaring up in the street. I never said the sentence was fair or appropriate but I don’t have a lot of sympathy for him

HoboHarry
08-04-2019, 07:46 PM
During my working hours I was punched, kicked, head butted, spat on, suffered broken bones and was absent from work because of injuries inflicted by others. I was also verbally abused where folk threatened to rape my wife, 5h@g and kill my children and torch my car and house. Despite most accused having numerous previous convictions very few received a custodial sentence. It was treated by the courts as a hazard of the job.
Pizza delivery guy?

BSEJVT
08-04-2019, 07:48 PM
My tuppenceworth

The guy was out of order and deserved punished.

Depending on his past history, of which I have absolutely no clue, his sentence should have done no more than reflect equivalent sentencing for that type of behaviour in the street.

The demonisation of football supporters has got to end

Do you think a rugby fan would have got a similar sentence for the same transgression?

I am all in favour of protecting the clubs good name and that guy and folk who behave similarly do bring shame upon the club but the guy is entitled to the same justice as someone behaving that way in the street and most certainly did not get that.

That type of thing is a spur of the moment act of madness and folk committing that type of action don't go through their likely sentencing options before doing so.

I am prepared to bet that in the heat of the moment many of us behave differently at a highly charged football match than we do in normality.

Shouting at the referee, shouting at opposition players.

There is nothing big or clever about abusing other folk in any way, but we do it.

IMO folk need to be careful what they wish for because misbehaviour of the type we are seeing isnt going to get any better and if the authorities decide to police it all in this vein a few of us for example questioning the referees parentage are going to have questions to answer also.

This isnt an attempt to trivilaise what the guy did but once we start treating one group of society differently to others we are on a slippery slope.

The law should apply equally to all.

There's a danger here that some posters are letting their loyalties blind them to that.

Scouse Hibee
08-04-2019, 07:50 PM
during my working hours i was punched, kicked, head butted, spat on, suffered broken bones and was absent from work because of injuries inflicted by others. I was also verbally abused where folk threatened to rape my wife, 5h@g and kill my children and torch my car and house. Despite most accused having numerous previous convictions very few received a custodial sentence. It was treated by the courts as a hazard of the job.

sps?

Jack Hackett
08-04-2019, 07:51 PM
Casper ran onto the pitch at tynie with the clear intention of assaulting Deek... he was fined £400

This guys sentence was decided before he got anywhere near the court because 'The Establishment' needed to make an example and show how 'in touch' they are. That's not justice.

Somebody earlier suggested the sheriff is a hun... What are the odds of that being true?

cmcd
08-04-2019, 08:17 PM
Call me what you may but I think he got what he deserved.A young boy with a family should know better.As the saying goes ' If you can't do the time don't do the crime . That goes for the coin chuckers pyro throwers and those who shout racist remarks .

Sir David Gray
08-04-2019, 08:39 PM
He's been made an example off.

Probably some political pressure as well.

No doubt there has been political pressure and he's been made an example of however that doesn't mean it's right. It was a breach of the peace conviction he got, not assault, not GBH or anything like that.

What about the cost of police and stewards our club has to pay?

What about it? That's not something that the courts should be taking into account when they're considering their sentencing. The facts are he's been found guilty of breach of the peace and has no prior convictions. I can't believe that the Sheriff in this case has followed sentencing guidelines in handing out such a sentence.

If I was him, I'd be sacking my lawyer as there's no way having a good lawyer would see him sent to prison over this.

One Day Soon
08-04-2019, 08:50 PM
Well, this is ludicrous.

The sentence does not fit the crime. It is excessive compared to similar football related offences. It is excessive compared to similar non-football related offences.

It will have zero effect as a deterrent. Individual idiots in these situations do not sit weighing up the the pros and cons of their actions against the likely consequences.

In terms of this individual and his longer term circumstances this will produce only negative effects for him and everyone else.

There's literally not one positive from this sentence that I can think of.

Others have speculated both that the sentence may have been discussed and prompted at higher/political levels prior to conviction and as to the football allegiances of persons involved.

Meanwhile in football related offences where deterrence certainly could have a strong effect - sectarianism - we see nil activity.

basehibby
08-04-2019, 09:11 PM
I have zero sympathy for this moron and only hope other idiots will now pause for thought before dragging the club's name through the dirt.

Would have felt a lot better if the jakeball who chucked the Buckie bottle had been caught as well - he deserves a far harsher sentence.

Killiehibbie
08-04-2019, 09:25 PM
The joys of driving bams about in a taxi.

Hibernia&Alba
08-04-2019, 09:34 PM

From the STV report.

He is banned from attending all matches for ten years, but Dempster did say he'd be getting a life ban at ER.

HoboHarry
08-04-2019, 09:38 PM
sps?
Not many would call it sps - knowledge of the service perhaps? :wink:

ekhibee
08-04-2019, 09:40 PM
Maybe a bit excessive, but if he really is somebody that learns from it, he won't do it again. If he does do something like that again, a lot of people on this thread are going to look a bit silly.

On a brief side note, so many people nowadays seem content to confine stabbings in the playground, teenage drug dealers and underage rapists to the sweeping generalization 'society's problem' but offer no suggestion on how to improve society in that respect.

It's so easy to critisize but not even offer a suggestion of a solution. Loads of do-gooders but nobody actually addressing the issue. Just my opinion.

Sir David Gray
08-04-2019, 09:54 PM

From the STV report.

There's a difference between what punishment the courts hand out as a banning order and the punishment handed out by Hibs.

Leeann Dempster said at the time that he would be banned for life from Easter Road. That's a decision made by the club. However the courts have also handed him a football banning order, which prevents him from attending any football stadium for the next 10 years.

It is therefore illegal for him to enter a football stadium to watch a match for the next 10 years. After that time he will still be banned from attending matches at Easter Road but if he's caught entering the stadium, there's nothing the courts will do and he'll simply be removed by the stewards.

Forza Fred
08-04-2019, 10:40 PM
If we all went to jail for one stupid act, then the streets of Scotland would be empty.

Sounds like for a first offender, he had the misfortune to get an old toff of a judge whose gout was playing up severely on the day of sentencing.

Crunchie
08-04-2019, 10:51 PM
Casper ran onto the pitch at tynie with the clear intention of assaulting Deek... he was fined £400

This guys sentence was decided before he got anywhere near the court because 'The Establishment' needed to make an example and show how 'in touch' they are. That's not justice.

Somebody earlier suggested the sheriff is a hun... What are the odds of that being true?

The perils of our justice system is such that you are at the mercy of any magistrate/judge whim, depending on their mood or how they see any crime.

I've seen sentences of downloading indecent child images given a much lesser sentence. I feel for the guy but I'm sure it will be lessened on appeal.

Swedish hibee
09-04-2019, 03:11 AM
Your law is an ass.

DetroitHibs
09-04-2019, 07:27 AM
Yep. A pal of mine got sucker punched outside bannermans, knocked to the deck, face burst open, completely unprovoked. Boy who threw the punch got arrested, community service and ordered to pay compensation of about 80 quid!

I’d tell the judge to ram the 80 quid as I’ll be getting my own “justice” a wee bit later when said ******** least expects it.

Scouse Hibee
09-04-2019, 07:35 AM
Not many would call it sps - knowledge of the service perhaps? :wink:

Calton House.

greenginger
09-04-2019, 08:00 AM
The perils of our justice system is such that you are at the mercy of any magistrate/judge whim, depending on their mood or how they see any crime.

I've seen sentences of downloading indecent child images given a much lesser sentence. I feel for the guy but I'm sure it will be lessened on appeal.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11687768/hibernian-fan-jailed-for-100-days-for-confronting-rangers-captain-james-tavernier-at-easter-road

The guy's solicitor is appealing the sentence.

leither17
09-04-2019, 08:11 AM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11687768/hibernian-fan-jailed-for-100-days-for-confronting-rangers-captain-james-tavernier-at-easter-road

The guy's solicitor is appealing the sentence.

Appealed the sentence as soon as it was handed down and he is already out on bail pending that appeal apparently

Kojock
09-04-2019, 09:44 AM
Appealed the sentence as soon as it was handed down and he is already out on bail pending that appeal apparently

Yip, that’s the procedure when you appeal against sentence. Mind you it could also be increased if the next Sheriff presiding thinks it was too lenient.

Sir David Gray
09-04-2019, 09:46 AM
Yip, that’s the procedure when you appeal against sentence. Mind you it could also be increased if the next Sheriff presiding thinks it was too lenient.

No way that will be increased. Non custodial sentence is quite sufficient here, large fine, banning order with even a suspended prison sentence as well so there's a threat of prison if he misbehaves again within a certain period of time. There's absolutely no way he should be in prison as a result of what he did.

Kojock
09-04-2019, 09:51 AM
No way that will be increased. Non custodial sentence is quite sufficient here, large fine, banning order with even a suspended prison sentence as well so there's a threat of prison if he misbehaves again within a certain period of time. There's absolutely no way he should be in prison as a result of what he did.

I totally agree the sentence was excessive. Was merely pointing out the chance you take when you appeal.

Greentinted
09-04-2019, 10:02 AM
Just the latest example of Stanley Cohen’s famous thesis. We all need a few folk devils and moral panics now and again.
Completely disproportionate sentencing but not altogether unexpected. Not condoning his actions but jail for this guy’s first offence may well prove to be counterproductive.

Prof. Shaggy
09-04-2019, 10:11 AM
sps?

Must be a primary school teacher...

Fife-Hibee
09-04-2019, 10:13 AM
If I recall, it was Tavernier who initiated the contact and to call it powder puff would be completely overstating it. He ran on some grass and kicked a ball ffs. Stupid, but this is far from a just sentence.

Bangkok Hibby
09-04-2019, 10:20 AM
I've not read the entire thread and so forgive me if someone has mentioned this before but as a lawyer (and a loyal Hibbee) I can tell you exactly what this sentence is about: safety at work. James Tavanier was at his place of work when the young man came on to a place where he should not have been. He also lifted his hands towards Tavanier. I'm sure every poster on this thread would expect protection from the law if that happened to them at their place of work.The Grealish attacker got pretty much an identical punishment and both judges (sheriffs up here and magistrates down south) would have been considering two things: deterrant and punishment. Both leaned heavily on deterrant and, as a device to keep us all safe at our workplace, in my opinion got it right.As a lawyer then you must be aware of the many studies worldwide over the years to show deterrence doesn't work. I would go so far as to say that it should be accepted by lawmakers and judges and they should not consider it whilst sentencing. To punish someone using a theory with no facts to back it up is surely wrong

Fife-Hibee
09-04-2019, 10:24 AM
[/B]As a lawyer then you must be aware of the many studies worldwide over the years to show deterrence doesn't work. I would go so far as to say it should be accepted by lawmakers and judges should not consider it whilst sentencing. To punish someone using a theory with no facts to back it up is surely wrong

Exactly. A ban from matches and a community fine of some kind would have sufficed. He could have even been given some community work to do for the club itself as payback. Locking him up for 100 days with druggies and persistent offenders isn't going to make him a better person.

hibsbollah
09-04-2019, 10:32 AM
As a lawyer then you must be aware of the many studies worldwide over the years to show deterrence doesn't work. I would go so far as to say that it should be accepted by lawmakers and judges and they should not consider it whilst sentencing. To punish someone using a theory with no facts to back it up is surely wrong

That's not true. You can't produce a study to say 'deterrence doesn't work'. The implications of the severity of sentences is subliminal, it builds up in our collective consciousness as a society.

Shaun Woodward was brutally killed in a pub in Leith. His killer received 4 years, out in what, 2 and a half years? The message this sends to society as to how severely we consider the sanctity of life can't be measured in terms of simple questionnaires and research papers, it has a gradual and subtle impact on wider society.

As a card carrying leftie social liberal myself, I'm sick of being told that sentencing has no impact, and that it is carefully considered and is the result of complex tariffs and guidelines that mere members of the public can't possibly comprehend. Some sentences handed out these days simply defy rationale. 100 days for wandering onto a football pitch with an aggressive attitude, give me strength.

Bangkok Hibby
09-04-2019, 10:37 AM
That's not true. You can't produce a study to say 'deterrence doesn't work'. The implications of the severity of sentences is subliminal, it builds up in our collective consciousness as a society.

Shaun Woodward was brutally killed in a pub in Leith. His killer received 4 years, out in what, 2 and a half years? The message this sends to society as to how severely we consider the sanctity of life can't be measured in terms of simple questionnaires and research papers, it has a gradual and subtle impact on wider society.

As a card carrying leftie social liberal myself, I'm sick of being told that sentencing has no impact, and that it is carefully considered and is the result of complex tariffs and guidelines that mere members of the public can't possibly comprehend. Some sentences handed out these days simply defy rationale. 100 days for wandering onto a football pitch with an aggressive attitude, give me strength.

I'm not really commenting on this young mans particular case. Before I posted I looked online and there are indeed many studies to suggest a deterrent element in sentencing has no measurable impact on future crime of the same type

cabbageandribs1875
09-04-2019, 10:42 AM
He is banned from attending all matches for ten years, but Dempster did say he'd be getting a life ban at ER.

no chance of rehabilitation with her at the helm :rolleyes: she'll probably move on in the next 12/24 months but she will leave at least one supporter with no chance of ever watching his team again, he needs educated not banned sine die

hibsbollah
09-04-2019, 10:55 AM
a deterrent element in sentencing has no measurable impact on future crime of the same type

If you really think about measureables, you'll agree that you can't pin down what the 'deterrent element' is. It's a pointless indicator. If a country has a 1000 violent assaults a year in 2010, instigates harsher sentencing and then sees violent assaults go up to 1050 a year in 2015, you can't simply extrapolate that harsher sentences have no impact. Because you don't know what motivates the attacker. You could have a situation where say, between 2010-2015 a worse environment, societal breakdown and cuts to police budget would have led to an increase in the assault rate to 1200 a year, but 150 of the crimes were avoided by the deterrent effect. So but for the deterrent effect, the situation would have been even worse.

In my view, harsher sentencing is inevitably going to be a deterrrent to crime. Stats (especially crime stats) can be used to make a case for anything.

One Day Soon
09-04-2019, 10:57 AM
no chance of rehabilitation with her at the helm :rolleyes: she'll probably move on in the next 12/24 months but she will leave at least one supporter with no chance of ever watching his team again, he needs educated not banned sine die

This is absolutely right.

In circumstances like these if club, judiciary and wider society treated episodes like this as opportunities to change people and behaviour you'd have half a chance, long term, of affecting how everyone behaves collectively for the good.

It's incontestable that a mixture of community justice/service, mediation and offender meeting 'victim' would be much more likely to alter longer term behaviour, cost less and have less toxic consequences than a prison disposal. He should have been indefinitely banned, pending progress through an alternative disposal.

Bangkok Hibby
09-04-2019, 11:01 AM
If you really think about measureables, you'll agree that you can't pin down what the 'deterrent element' is. It's a pointless indicator. If a country has a 1000 violent assaults a year in 2010, instigates harsher sentencing and then sees violent assaults go up to 1050 a year in 2015, you can't simply extrapolate that harsher sentences have no impact. Because you don't know what motivates the attacker. You could have a situation where say, between 2010-2015 a worse environment, societal breakdown and cuts to police budget would have led to an increase in the assault rate to 1200 a year, but 150 of the crimes were avoided by the deterrent effect. So but for the deterrent effect, the situation would have been even worse.

In my view, harsher sentencing is inevitably going to be a deterrrent to crime. Stats (especially crime stats) can be used to make a case for anything.

A few ifs, buts and maybe's in there but you're entitled to your view. I'll stick to my view that for a judge to include "deterrence" in his sentencing is random and somewhat unfair

cabbageandribs1875
09-04-2019, 11:51 AM
This is absolutely right.

In circumstances like these if club, judiciary and wider society treated episodes like this as opportunities to change people and behaviour you'd have half a chance, long term, of affecting how everyone behaves collectively for the good.

It's incontestable that a mixture of community justice/service, mediation and offender meeting 'victim' would be much more likely to alter longer term behaviour, cost less and have less toxic consequences than a prison disposal. He should have been indefinitely banned, pending progress through an alternative disposal.

can't disagree with any of this :agree:

Sir David Gray
09-04-2019, 11:52 AM
I totally agree the sentence was excessive. Was merely pointing out the chance you take when you appeal.

I agree yes that is a possible outcome to an appeal however I cannot see that happening.

He pled guilty and it was his first criminal offence and it was a breach of the peace, that should never result in a custodial sentence.

blaird03
09-04-2019, 11:58 AM
I have zero sympathy for the guy (clown) - he deserves all he gets.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-04-2019, 12:08 PM
If you go on the pitch to confront a player for any reason then you must be prepared to accept the consequences. 100 days is a bit steep for the actual incident itself but hopefully it will be a deterrent to others. I also feel the security should be doing a better job. Today its a wee fanny thats had too much to drink but tomorrow it could be a total nut job with a knife

CockneyRebel
09-04-2019, 12:34 PM
If I recall, it was Tavernier who initiated the contact and to call it powder puff would be completely overstating it. He ran on some grass and kicked a ball ffs. Stupid, but this is far from a just sentence.

I think it's pretty obvious that this incident has been looked at by the judiciary within the context of the recent publicity over other football related incidents. I have watched the recordings of this incident and IMO it appears to me to be the least dangerous/aggressive out of them all. I agree this behaviour has to be stopped/punished but the punishment should fit the crime. "Making an example" of someone always results in excessive punishment in relation to the crime. IMO that is not justice, it is an injust and dishonest knee jerk reaction because of the recent publicity and the calls for action.

I want all of this crap to stop (running on to pitch, throwing coins etc, lighting flares, racial/bigoted taunts) and more arrests should be made (everywhere) but "making an example" should mean more than handing out a harsher sentence than a crime warrants just to placate those of the hang 'em and flog 'em persuasion.

This guy is a pillock and should be punished but not overpunished!

Cataplana
09-04-2019, 04:00 PM

Many people are assaulted in the course of their work from bus drivers to health care staff to police officers. I don't think many people get sent to jail on the back of that.

cabbageandribs1875
09-04-2019, 04:12 PM
Motherwell have banned a supporter "indefinitely" for throwing an object at Rangers' James Tavernier on Sunday.
Items including a lighter, pie and coin all landed close to Tavernier as he took a throw-in during Rangers' 3-0 Scottish Premiership win at Fir Park.
Motherwell, after studying CCTV and still photographs, have identified one fan and are "continuing to investigate" a second fan who threw something

out of interest, what happened to that sevco fan that tossed something at the linesman during their game at Livingston earlier in the season ?

Billy Whizz
09-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Motherwell have banned a supporter "indefinitely" for throwing an object at Rangers' James Tavernier on Sunday.
Items including a lighter, pie and coin all landed close to Tavernier as he took a throw-in during Rangers' 3-0 Scottish Premiership win at Fir Park.
Motherwell, after studying CCTV and still photographs, have identified one fan and are "continuing to investigate" a second fan who threw something

out of interest, what happened to that sevco fan that tossed something at the linesman during their game at Livingston earlier in the season ?

Has he been charged by the Police?

cabbageandribs1875
09-04-2019, 04:39 PM
Has he been charged by the Police?

can't find anything after a quick search, but i did find a DR article from last september with two hertz fans arrested after racist abuse of a motherwell player during a warm-up at the budge arena, the polis were given footage of around 20 hertz fans, also two 16 year old motherwell fans dodged football banning orders due to their age, they were wearing balaclavas in a group of motherwell fans that attacked hertz fans after the game last december in motherwell.

Billy Whizz
09-04-2019, 04:42 PM
can't find anything after a quick search, but i did find a DR article from last september with two hertz fans arrested after racist abuse of a motherwell player during a warm-up at the budge arena, the polis were given footage of around 20 hertz fans, also two 16 year old motherwell fans dodged football banning orders due to their age, they were wearing balaclavas in a group of motherwell fans that attacked hertz fans after the game last december in motherwell.

Ok ta

Onion
09-04-2019, 07:04 PM
If you go on the pitch to confront a player for any reason then you must be prepared to accept the consequences. 100 days is a bit steep for the actual incident itself but hopefully it will be a deterrent to others. I also feel the security should be doing a better job. Today its a wee fanny thats had too much to drink but tomorrow it could be a total nut job with a knife

That's what gets downplayedin all of this. It's one thing for security to let fans on the pitch at Hampdump as it might otherwise cause injuries, quite another for a drunk individual to saunter over the barrier unchallenged in an high risk area with dozens of security staff. Fact is, some folk when drunk need saving from themselves. Yes, they need to take personal responsibility but had the security staff did anything close to their job he'd have got nowhere near the ball and would have been protected from himself. No question, had he had a weapon and injured the Sevco player, a lot more questions would have been asked about the role of security.

Dunbar Hibee
09-04-2019, 11:31 PM
Had this not happened against Rangers, would the punishment have been this severe. Not a ****ing chance.

If you’re on this thread saying the sentence is correct, and in some cases wanting more Hibs fans to get similar- then there’s a very high chance you’re a cock as well.

HoboHarry
09-04-2019, 11:42 PM
Had this not happened against Rangers, would the punishment have been this severe. Not a ****ing chance.

If you’re on this thread saying the sentence is correct, and in some cases wanting more Hibs fans to get similar- then there’s a very high chance you’re a cock as well.
When did you retire from the Corps Diplomatique? :greengrin

southern hibby
10-04-2019, 06:28 AM
Genuine question. If the law of the land is for everyone, does this mean that players assaulting players or antagonising fans by jestures etc can expect a prison sentence and up to 10 years banning order?

Realistically we all know the answer to this question, however maybe the government should get involved. I have no problem whatsoever for stiff punishment that merits the crime. But let’s be totally honest here there’s far worse done on the pitch every week by professional players and absolutely nothing happens to them whatsoever.

I personally think throwing coins, lighters and Coconuts on the pitch Is much more dangerous too players than kicking the ball away so wouldn’t like to go in front of the judge for those crimes as you’d probably end up with community service. Which brings us to the problem, there is no continuity within the judicial system.

GGTTh

bigwheel
10-04-2019, 07:11 AM
Genuine question. If the law of the land is for everyone, does this mean that players assaulting players or antagonising fans by jestures etc can expect a prison sentence and up to 10 years banning order?

Realistically we all know the answer to this question, however maybe the government should get involved. I have no problem whatsoever for stiff punishment that merits the crime. But let’s be totally honest here there’s far worse done on the pitch every week by professional players and absolutely nothing happens to them whatsoever.

I personally think throwing coins, lighters and Coconuts on the pitch Is much more dangerous too players than kicking the ball away so wouldn’t like to go in front of the judge for those crimes as you’d probably end up with community service. Which brings us to the problem, there is no continuity within the judicial system.

GGTTh

Think the issue here is someone entering the field of play. Players have the right to feel safe in their work environment. Penalties need to be strict so that it makes a person think seriously before they come over that wall to confront a player...only afterwards can you conclude it wasn’t too serious..the player doesn’t know this at the time...neither do other fans..that could be too late if something dangerous happens

Players fighting players during a game have been subject to police charges in the past. Although most are dealt with by the laws of the game...But they are in the middle of a sporting battle..not coming illegally in to someone’s work and confronting them .

Sir David Gray
10-04-2019, 07:18 AM

GGTTh

I agree with you, if that guy is doing 3 months inside, Ryan Kent should probably be doing around 9 months for his assault on Scott Brown the other week.

hibsbollah
10-04-2019, 07:19 AM
Think the issue here is someone entering the field of play. Players have the right to feel safe in their work environment. Penalties need to be strict so that it makes a person think seriously before they come over that wall to confront a player...only afterwards can you conclude it wasn’t too serious..the player doesn’t know this at the time...neither do other fans..that could be too late if something dangerous happens

Players fighting players during a game have been subject to police charges in the past. Although most are dealt with by the laws of the game...But they are in the middle of a sporting battle..not coming illegally in to someone’s work and confronting them .

So do you think the 100 day sentence is justified? If 'the issue here is someone entering the field of play' as you say, would you have supported a 100 day prison sentence for the countless Hibs fans on the Hampden pitch in 2016? I assume the The Rangers players deserve the right to feel safe in their work environment too?

bigwheel
10-04-2019, 07:25 AM
So do you think the 100 day sentence is justified? If 'the issue here is someone entering the field of play' as you say, would you have supported a 100 day prison sentence for the countless Hibs fans on the Hampden pitch in 2016? I assume the The Rangers players deserve the right to feel safe in their work environment too?

No.Made no comment on the sentence..seems extreme to me fwiw

I was simply reflecting on why courts may take a more serious response to someone entering the field of play, compared to a player on player incident...

hibsbollah
10-04-2019, 07:27 AM
No.Made no comment on the sentence..seems extreme to me fwiw

I was simply reflecting on why courts may take a more serious response to someone entering the field of play, compared to a player on player incident...

:agree:

Phil MaGlass
10-04-2019, 07:33 AM
He never entered the field of play though...

Danderhall Hibs
10-04-2019, 07:41 AM

Traffic warden?

neil7908
10-04-2019, 07:43 AM
100 days seems mental but I really struggle to sympathise with folk getting smashed, doing something nuts and then giving it the old "I can't remember" routine.

He doesn't belong in prison and I'll be watching with interest the penalties imposed for other incidents but far too many folk seem to take the football as a chance to get hammered and act like idiots without expecting any consequences.

midfield_maestro
10-04-2019, 10:48 AM
As a lawyer then you must be aware of the many studies worldwide over the years to show deterrence doesn't work. I would go so far as to say that it should be accepted by lawmakers and judges and they should not consider it whilst sentencing. To punish someone using a theory with no facts to back it up is surely wrong

There will hardly be a Premier League fan in Scotland who does not know that someone got 100 days for going pitch side and getting involved with a player.

Let's see how many more do it now.

Brizo
10-04-2019, 11:29 AM
If 100 days is going to be the prevailing tariff from now on for this kind of offence then i'm fine with that. It has to now be applied consistently to all found guilty of on field incursions and missile throwing. In my view it will take a number of similar length, highly publicised sentences to act as a deterrent to the morons at all clubs.

Unfortunately its just as likely that the next ned who goes onto a pitch and confronts a player will get a fine and a couple hundred hours community service.... and a lot less damaging publicity than this character got.

CentreLine
10-04-2019, 11:42 AM
The argument goes both ways however. Players must stop this pointless surge in to the crowd after scoring. It is hardly surprising that fans see the line blurred between the spectators and the stage of players cross that line from the pitch.
It’s not too much to ask that they simply ceelwbrate with each other and with the audience from a respectable distance .

bigwheel
10-04-2019, 02:05 PM
The argument goes both ways however. Players must stop this pointless surge in to the crowd after scoring. It is hardly surprising that fans see the line blurred between the spectators and the stage of players cross that line from the pitch.
It’s not too much to ask that they simply ceelwbrate with each other and with the audience from a respectable distance .

Celebrating with the fans is a good thing imho...positive passion

Confronting or attacking players - not a good thing

Here’s Lucy!
10-04-2019, 02:19 PM
I have zero sympathy for the guy (clown) - he deserves all he gets.

You've said what I have been trying to say throughout the thread. :aok:

He acted like an idiot and has been punished for his actions.

Good.

If sentencing was more severe across the wider spectrum of crimes, I'm sure the idiots and thugs would think twice. Well, maybe some of them at least.

Scouse Hibee
10-04-2019, 02:45 PM

GGTTh

I think you mean consistency rather than continuity, I get where you are coming from but just like referees who are all supposed to follow the same rules, individuals interpret them differently and apply different punishments. It’s pretty much the same in regards to Sheriffs, Judges, Magistrates etc.

DarlingtonHibee
10-04-2019, 02:54 PM
You've said what I have been trying to say throughout the thread. :aok:

He acted like an idiot and has been punished for his actions.

Good.

If sentencing was more severe across the wider spectrum of crimes, I'm sure the idiots and thugs would think twice. Well, maybe some of them at least.

I agree with this.

If this nonsense continues, we are going to be fined, and that is going put off family going, and hits the transfer budget.

Moulin Yarns
10-04-2019, 02:59 PM
He should think himself lucky he got 100 days, and he isn't this guy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-47879038

Here’s Lucy!
10-04-2019, 03:10 PM
I agree with this.

If this nonsense continues, we are going to be fined, and that is going put off family going, and hits the transfer budget.

Exactly Darlington :aok:

Throw the bloody book at these clowns and get rid of them.