PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fan jailed for 100 days.

Pages : 1 [2]

HappyAsHellas
10-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Who is going to fine us? If you're of the mentality that the action of a clown would stop you taking your family to the game then that's something I can't comprehend.

DarlingtonHibee
10-04-2019, 03:30 PM
Who is going to fine us? If you're of the mentality that the action of a clown would stop you taking your family to the game then that's something I can't comprehend.

You can't comprehend..

silverhibee
10-04-2019, 10:35 PM
I agree with this.

If this nonsense continues, we are going to be fined, and that is going put off family going, and hits the transfer budget.

We won't get fined, it won't put families of attending, and it won't affect the transfer budget.

cmcd
10-04-2019, 10:49 PM
We won't get fined, it won't put families of attending, and it won't affect the transfer budget.

I would think 100k would affect our budget

Eyrie
11-04-2019, 06:29 PM
I would think 100k would affect our budget

Correct.

£1k per week over a two year deal. That's the difference between a regular bench warmer and a regular starter.

Inconsequential
11-04-2019, 08:24 PM
I agree with you, if that guy is doing 3 months inside, Ryan Kent should probably be doing around 9 months for his assault on Scott Brown the other week. I agree too. A footballer strikes an opponent and no action is taken by the authorities. So footballers are except from the laws the rest of the public have to abide by. I recall a group of Old Firm players did end up in court more than a few years ago.

Hibeesmad
17-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Another fan fined £500 but no banning order as they apparently have no intention of attending another game this season..

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/hibs-fan-overtaken-by-emotion-fined-for-pitch-invasion-1-4909382

cabbageandribs1875
17-04-2019, 05:37 PM
Another fan fined £500 but no banning order as they apparently have no intention of attending another game this season..

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/hibs-fan-overtaken-by-emotion-fined-for-pitch-invasion-1-4909382

“I am not satisfied that the quite draconian measure of a football banning order is required.”

draconian is the word i would use for the absolutely ludicrous life-time ban leeann dempster gave to another hibs fan recently :agree:

Frazerbob
17-04-2019, 05:56 PM
Anyone seen the photo doing the rounds of the Birmingham fan that attacked Grealish? Looks like Villa fans have reaped their revenge!

I won’t post the photo, it’s pretty graphic!

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2019, 05:59 PM
Anyone seen the photo doing the rounds of the Birmingham fan that attacked Grealish? Looks like Villa fans have reaped their revenge!

That is sick, too far.

ian cruise
17-04-2019, 06:11 PM

I've been unfortunate enough to have seen it, it's horrific. Not sure it's as simple as a villa fan just taking revenge for the punch, the guy seems to be a bit of a "character" with a mouth on him, he's been talking about how his time in priding was the best time of his life, etc. so it's quite possible he's said the wrong thing to the wrong person. Still not right though.

alhibby
17-04-2019, 06:16 PM

Pretty sure its not him, he only got released yesterday, photo i have seen was very graphic but it was done to a Villa fan by a Villa fan last month

Malthibby
17-04-2019, 06:23 PM

Can't agree with that, the idea that the club won't pay eventually if it does nothing isn't credible (IMO), there's too much media interest in this just now,
and clubs who do nothing are unlikely to be left to their own devices.
We're trying to head of sanctions at the pass, & deal with the radges causing the trouble at the same time. It's all necessary for me.

macca70
17-04-2019, 06:24 PM

It’s been made up, that horrific photo is an old photo of a Glaswegian guy

silverhibee
17-04-2019, 11:43 PM

Just seen it, pretty horrific.

Besties Debut
18-04-2019, 07:14 AM
The crime of being working class in the eyes of the judiciary.....If Gregor or Cameron ran on the pitch at Murrayfield and committed the same offence i wonder if they would get jailed???

tamig
18-04-2019, 07:26 AM
The crime of being working class in the eyes of the judiciary.....If Gregor or Cameron ran on the pitch at Murrayfield and committed the same offence i wonder if they would get jailed???

The difference is that it’s not an issue in that sport. Its been happening in our sport for years and an example has now been set.

ChicoM1875
18-04-2019, 07:36 AM

Who's Gregor or Cameron?

Besties Debut
18-04-2019, 07:36 AM
The difference is that it’s not an issue in that sport. Its been happening in our sport for years and an example has now been set. You have got to look at the bigger picture and put the whole thing in context. Somebody with no previous convictions plead guilty (hence avoiding the tax payer the cost of a trial) to a crime that did not involve personal injury, criminal damage or theft yet was still jailed for over 3 months. That is a complete miscarriage of justice and unjustifiable as far as im concerned.

hibsbollah
18-04-2019, 07:38 AM
Who's Gregor or Cameron?

Good pals with Farquhar and Crawford.

hibsbollah
18-04-2019, 07:39 AM
The difference is that it’s not an issue in that sport. Its been happening in our sport for years and an example has now been set.

Pitch invasions? Have been an issue in rugby for years, some violent, always drunken.

ChicoM1875
18-04-2019, 07:43 AM

They're a pair of chavs

Smartie
18-04-2019, 07:54 AM
Pitch invasions? Have been an issue in rugby for years, some violent, always drunken.

I remember being part of a Murrayfield pitch invasion back in the day. Ran on from the schoolboys enclosure at the end of the game, grabbed a lump of turf that had been churned up during a scrum on my way back off the pitch. Having planted if and tended to it for a while, I was devastated when it was dug up as my mum and dad started putting an extension on the house one day when I was at school.

This is the most middle class post Hibs.net has had since that time someone said they were having a quinoa salad on a transfer deadline day snack thread.

Besties Debut
18-04-2019, 07:58 AM
I remember being part of a Murrayfield pitch invasion back in the day. Ran on from the schoolboys enclosure at the end of the game, grabbed a lump of turf that had been churned up during a scrum on my way back off the pitch. Having planted if and tended to it for a while, I was devastated when it was dug up as my mum and dad started putting an extension on the house one day when I was at school.

This is the most middle class post Hibs.net has had since that time someone said they were having a quinoa salad on a transfer deadline day snack thread.
This whole thread reminds me of these hysterical home counties Daily Mail readers who want single mothers, gypsies and the unemployed hung drawn and quartered for the crime of being a single mother, a gypsy or unemployed

Jack Hackett
18-04-2019, 05:08 PM

... Don't forget Primrose :greengrin