PDA

View Full Version : The Masters

greenlex
08-04-2019, 08:11 AM
It’s here. It’s the only thing I ever have a punt on. I love a wee interest on it.
Who we all on?
Heres my picks with sky bet. Thy are paying 10 places at those odds.
Fowler win 14/1
McIlroy win 7/1
Casey e/w. 25/1
Molinari e/w 18/1
Koepka e/w 25/1
Leishman e/w 45/1
Hoffman e/w 80/1
Matsuyama e/w 28/1
Bjerregaard e/w 125/1
Pepperell e/w 100/1

Good luck:thumbsup:

Smartie
08-04-2019, 08:51 AM
It’s here. It’s the only thing I ever have a punt on. I love a wee interest on it.
Who we all on?
Heres my picks with sky bet. Thy are laying 10 places at those odds.
Fowler win 14/1
McIlroy win 7/1
Casey e/w. 25/1
Molinari e/w 18/1
Koepka e/w 25/1
Leishman e/w 45/1
Hoffman e/w 80/1
Matsuyama e/w 28/1
Bjerregaard e/w 125/1
Pepperell e/w 100/1

I'm still trying to decide.

So far I stuck one of my free bets on Matt Wallace e/w @ iirc 100/1.

Paddy power are also paying 10 places.

I think Molinari is a great shout but I might take him in-play instead - he often starts quietly and finishes strongly so there may be better odds for him yet.

Bjerregaard's odds look too long, I think he has what it takes to do well there.

I'll make my mind up later this week, and try to remember to post my tips BEFORE the event.

Tornadoes70
08-04-2019, 07:06 PM
I'm picking four players pre tournament and will in all likelihood pile on more serious money at the weekend once the field has narrowed down especially if my four picks have managed to play themselves out of contention. Really looking forward to watching as much coverage that's made available. Its extremely open with a large number of potential winners. Here's hoping it goes down to the wire and that a few Hi bees will be picking up some winnings come Monday morning.

Louis Oosthuizen

Tiger Woods

Matt Kuchar

Justin Thomas

hibeg
08-04-2019, 07:32 PM
I don’t gamble but I reckon Shane Lowry could be a good outside bet. Great short game.

greenlex
08-04-2019, 08:06 PM
I don’t gamble but I reckon Shane Lowry could be a good outside bet. Great short game.

100/1 yer cash.

hibeg
08-04-2019, 10:34 PM
😀 I can see he is not rated by the bookies. I just think he has the game suited to Augusta. No idea how his current form is though !

greenlex
09-04-2019, 05:53 AM
😀 I can see he is not rated by the bookies. I just think he has the game suited to Augusta. No idea how his current form is though !
Won a month or so ago in the Middle East. Decent each way shout at 100/1.:thumbsup:

Hibee87
09-04-2019, 11:57 AM
Anyone know when the pairings for first 2 days are announced? I suspect some time later this afternoon?

I like to put a few accas on who will shoot the lowest of 4 groups and I have had a decent bit of success in the last few years usually leaving me with around 100 quid to play with on Sat and Sun.

Godsahibby
09-04-2019, 12:34 PM
I think Bjerregaard is a great each way shout. Been on form recently, course suits his ball flight and a caddy who has won there before.

Hibee87
09-04-2019, 12:57 PM
I think Bjerregaard is a great each way shout. Been on form recently, course suits his ball flight and a caddy who has won there before.

I was looking at him as a outside E/w. 150/1 On ladbrooks. Some decent priced players I will look into as my outsiders. Lowry, Hatton, Willet and Noren all 150/1 as well. Pepperall 175/1 Hoffman 100/1 and Webb Simpson 80/1

greenlex
09-04-2019, 04:53 PM
Anyone know when the pairings for first 2 days are announced? I suspect some time later this afternoon?

I like to put a few accas on who will shoot the lowest of 4 groups and I have had a decent bit of success in the last few years usually leaving me with around 100 quid to play with on Sat and Sun.
Available now.

IWasThere2016
10-04-2019, 09:22 AM
On Thomas, Spieth, Watson, Kisner and Connors for now .. all e/w and will punt again after 36 holes...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED! :thumbsup:

Lester B
10-04-2019, 10:54 AM
Who we all on?
Heres my picks with sky bet. Thy are paying 10 places at those odds.
Fowler win 14/1
McIlroy win 7/1
Casey e/w. 25/1
Molinari e/w 18/1
Koepka e/w 25/1
Leishman e/w 45/1
Hoffman e/w 80/1
Matsuyama e/w 28/1
Bjerregaard e/w 125/1
Pepperell e/w 100/1

Given he has won 3 of the last 8 Majors that has got to be worth a shout

Golden Bear
11-04-2019, 07:41 AM
Having looked at the odds, I'd like to back about 30 players (that's the way golf betting goes) but I've so far settled to back Rory McIlroy & Ricky Fowler to win and my each way bets will be :-

Marc Leishman

Louis Oosthuizen

Keith Mitchell

Lucas Bjerregaard

The Masters remains very much my favourite TV golf Tournament and I can't wait for the opening tee shots.

:thumbsup:

vein
11-04-2019, 09:53 AM
I know little about golf but I do enjoy the masters.

Gone for Bjerregaard ew based on the above comments about him, Fleetwood and Kuchar ew and Fowler to win.

Hibee87
11-04-2019, 12:09 PM
I done a heniz for the 3 ball winners today with - Lowry, Kaymer, Kisner, Molinari, Bjerregaard and Koepka.

E/W to win outright - Rahm 18/1, Finau 45/1 and Bjerregaard 150/1

heretoday
11-04-2019, 02:06 PM
Koepka is a tough cookie.

theonlywayisup
11-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Reading the names on this thread, it just shows how open golf tournaments are. it's not often that the favourite wins it. Also, anyone in the World's top thirty could win it.

Anyone think Woods could do it. He's been playing well, seems to have more confidence and was 2nd in the last major.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Tv coverage is absolute dug ***** as usual.:rolleyes:

Smartie
11-04-2019, 04:58 PM
Reading the names on this thread, it just shows how open golf tournaments are. it's not often that the favourite wins it. Also, anyone in the World's top thirty could win it.

Anyone think Woods could do it. He's been playing well, seems to have more confidence and was 2nd in the last major.

The players are all mentally tough, but if Tiger finds himself in front on Sunday, he will cut a very intimidating figure.

hibeg
11-04-2019, 06:01 PM
Tv coverage is absolute dug ***** as usual.:rolleyes:

That’s because Masters committee don’t allow live coverage till a certain time. They live in a world of their own unfortunately

Sky show featured groups behind the red button

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2019, 06:27 PM
That’s because Masters committee don’t allow live coverage till a certain time. They live in a world of their own unfortunately

Aye i remember that stupid rule now, i have IPTV so i'm watching a decent coverage on that.

hibeg
11-04-2019, 06:28 PM

I’m glad I’m not a betting man. Lowry finished 6 over 😂😂

GlesgaeHibby
11-04-2019, 07:18 PM

Wondered why the coverage was ganting until 8pm.

Tiger on fire. Back to back birdies.

Golden Bear
11-04-2019, 07:41 PM
The coverage seems strangely flat tonight, there's not much on course atmosphere coming across from the galleries.

greenlex
11-04-2019, 07:46 PM
The coverage seems strangely flat tonight, there's not much on course atmosphere coming across from the galleries.
I was thinking that too GB but had decided it was just me. Maybe not.:agree:

Carheenlea
12-04-2019, 11:48 AM
I listened to the coverage on Five Live Sports extra. I think you get better coverage on the radio than TV, certainly more tee to green than TV, which is often about 60% of watching putting. Will try and get a feed tonight, but if not, happy to don the headphones once again. Golf on the radio can be more absorbing than a lot of people think.

theonlywayisup
12-04-2019, 01:51 PM

Yes, needs a few flare bombs to improve the atmosphere. Maybe a singing section too. :rolleyes:

Smartie
12-04-2019, 03:32 PM
The TV coverage has been crap, but the Masters website is really good.

theonlywayisup
12-04-2019, 04:50 PM
I'm still trying to decide.

So far I stuck one of my free bets on Matt Wallace e/w @ iirc 100/1.

Paddy power are also paying 10 places.

I think Molinari is a great shout but I might take him in-play instead - he often starts quietly and finishes strongly so there may be better odds for him yet.

Bjerregaard's odds look too long, I think he has what it takes to do well there.

I'll make my mind up later this week, and try to remember to post my tips BEFORE the event.

You're right, he does this a lot. However, you would have to have done during yesterday's round. He's currently up to third spot at -4.

Smartie
12-04-2019, 05:15 PM
You're right, he does this a lot. However, you would have to have done during yesterday's round. He's currently up to third spot at -4.

I apologise if this counts as after-eventing but I stuck a fiver e/w on him before play today at 22/1.

Lots of golf to be played yet though.

Oh, and fwiw I still managed to get 100/1 on Bjerregaard who was -2 after one round, sitting just 4 back at that point. Stuck another fiver on him e/w.

Smartie
12-04-2019, 07:26 PM
They say the cream rises to the top.

There are some top players gathering at the top of that Leader Board.

As you would expect.

Tornadoes70
12-04-2019, 09:24 PM
They say the cream rises to the top.

There are some top players gathering at the top of that Leader Board.

As you would expect.

The cream these days though are around 10 to 20 top players. Its really hotting up and even if I didn't have a bet on Tiger I think it would be great for golf to see him win the Green Jacket once again. in saying that whoever wins will deserve it as Augusta is a course to be won over the distance and it normally takes a special player to win it.

theonlywayisup
12-04-2019, 09:37 PM
The cream these days though are around 10 to 20 top players. Its really hotting up and even if I didn't have a bet on Tiger I think it would be great for golf to see him win the Green Jacket once again. in saying that whoever wins will deserve it as Augusta is a course to be won over the distance and it normally takes a special player to win it.

I know you said usually, but we've had Willet, Mize and other surprise winners at the Masters.

Tornadoes70
12-04-2019, 09:39 PM
I know you said usually, but we've had Willet, Mize and other surprise winners at the Masters.

Usually a cream player wins the Masters and not a tour player journeyman which is why I change my betting habits especially for the Masters.

Golden Bear
12-04-2019, 10:14 PM
There are far too many breaks in Sky's coverage tonight. I'll be heading to the Beeb for the weekends play.

AugustaHibs
12-04-2019, 11:09 PM
Could see tiger winning this. Has that look about him

Smartie
13-04-2019, 07:09 PM
Adam Scott has probably started the best of the leaders.

Obviously Finau is having an incredible round but given where he came from, I wouldn't really have put him amongst the leaders at the start of play.

Barney McGrew
13-04-2019, 07:39 PM

Especially if he keeps hitting shots like his second to the 7th.

Absolutely ridiculous that :not worth

Smartie
13-04-2019, 07:44 PM
Especially if he keeps hitting shots like his second to the 7th.

Absolutely ridiculous that :not worth

A cracker in to the 8th as well.

He had a quiet start but he's warming up now.

Golden Bear
13-04-2019, 08:27 PM
Well after a nightmare round on my own course today, it's great to settle down with a couple of drams and take in the Masters. I shudder to think how many shots it would take me to get round Augusta but I'd love to give it a try!

Golden Bear
13-04-2019, 08:33 PM
You can't see the Woods for the trees but jeez Tiger must be the luckiest golfer in the world with all the breaks he gets! 😁

Godsahibby
13-04-2019, 08:37 PM
Well after a nightmare round on my own course today, it's great to settle down with a couple of drams and take in the Masters. I shudder to think how many shots it would take me to get round Augusta but I'd love to give it a try!

Not the best in the spring meeting today for you then? Must have been strange having the wind with you on the back 9! I was to late to enter so never got a game, managed to get an invite at North Berwick, Very very windy today.

Golden Bear
13-04-2019, 08:45 PM
Not the best in the spring meeting today for you then? Must have been strange having the wind with you on the back 9! I was to late to enter so never got a game, managed to get an invite at North Berwick, Very very windy today.

Played at Peebles today in a very strong cross wind but the truth is I played absolutely crap. 😊

greenlex
13-04-2019, 10:16 PM
Molinari is a machine.

stantonhibby
13-04-2019, 10:22 PM
Will be strange watching the finale in the afternoon tmrw

heretoday
13-04-2019, 11:21 PM
Koepka is the boy!

Sylar
14-04-2019, 06:59 AM
It's been excellent viewing and some stellar golf has been played.

Molinari will need to deal with the circus of Tiger in the final group of a Major on a Sunday and all of the crowd that follows.

He played superbly yesterday, but that'll add another dimension.

Personally, I'd love to see Woods win it and get back on track. Not sure how HE'LL cope with that pressure though.

Hibbyradge
14-04-2019, 09:11 AM
Will be strange watching the finale in the afternoon tmrw

It will be, but it's really screwed my plans.

There's a Master's competition at York Golf Club - a Texas Scramble - which was supposed to let us play then watch the golf.

Incredibly, rather than cancel it, they've reduced it to 9 holes. I'm supposed to be off at 3.09 and I think the guys in my team want to play.

:boo hoo:

Hibbyradge
14-04-2019, 09:47 AM
A compromise solution has been found.

We're going out at 12.30 instead.

I'm sure you wanted to know. :greengrin

AugustaHibs
14-04-2019, 02:20 PM
Here comes tiger

Godsahibby
14-04-2019, 02:28 PM
Loving this today with the early start. Feels the the Open Sunday.

Hopefully Molinari feels the same way in a few hours.

Hibbyradge
14-04-2019, 02:35 PM
Best coverage?

BBC or Sky?

Godsahibby
14-04-2019, 02:41 PM
Best coverage?

BBC or Sky?

Can’t believe that is actually a question no adverts and Peter Alliss, has to be the Beeb.

Hibbyradge
14-04-2019, 02:48 PM
Can’t believe that is actually a question no adverts and Peter Alliss, has to be the Beeb.

Peter Allis is not a plus, in my view.

Smartie
14-04-2019, 03:02 PM
Some good saves on the past few holes from Molinari.

He's a very steady player, and you get the feeling someone will have to do something pretty special to beat him.

Golden Bear
14-04-2019, 03:30 PM
With the luck Tiger is having, it's a near certainty he'll go on to win.

greenlex
14-04-2019, 04:31 PM
Tigers second at 11 just then is shot of the day for me. High tariff fir things to go Pete tong. He took it in and executed. Fantastic.

Smartie
14-04-2019, 04:51 PM
With the luck Tiger is having, it's a near certainty he'll go on to win.

He's getting more than his fair share of breaks.

Hibbyradge
14-04-2019, 05:07 PM
This is sensational!

GlesgaeHibby
14-04-2019, 05:36 PM
All falling apart for Molinari - shame after 3 superb days of Golf.

Hopefully Woods can do business now.

Hibs90
14-04-2019, 05:48 PM
YES

What a comeback story

Haymaker
14-04-2019, 06:37 PM
Get in Tiger!

AugustaHibs
14-04-2019, 06:58 PM

:)

Hibeesmad
14-04-2019, 08:37 PM
:)

Delighted to see him win. You could see how much it meant to him, one of the most greatest sportsmen ever.

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2019, 07:49 AM
Never thought he'd ever win a major again, and sods law he had to do it when i'd backed Dustin Johnson and Molinari. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
15-04-2019, 08:58 AM
Backed Woods after Friday and Saturday's rounds... they was a steel in those eyes. Did well on Molinari and Koepka also :cb

But I have to say, I think that is the GREATEST golfing achievement ever. Greater than Nicklaus winning at 46 - as it is tougher to win now

I wrote Woods off... but I was near to tears for him. He is the golfing great of all time IMHO.

Sylar
15-04-2019, 09:34 AM
Wrote him off a few times, cursed him a few times more for being a waste of space (his fall from grace was so disappointing being that he was the premier golfer I watched growing up).

Seems to have put his demons behind him and gotten back to what he does best - some of the golf he played this week was absolutely sublime - vintage Tiger. Having said that, he got away with a fair few errant drives this week finding favourable lies/lines.

Delighted to see him back in the winners circle, and I almost hope he can go on to match Nicklaus.

heretoday
15-04-2019, 10:07 AM
Alliss is like marmite. I like him but I am old.

Pete
15-04-2019, 10:13 AM
Not sure I would agree with those who say this is the greatest achievement ever and better than Nicklaus in 1986.

Well, I suppose all Nicklaus had to do was fend off no-marks like Seve Ballesteros, Bernhard Langer, Tom Watson, Greg Norman, Payne Stewart, Nick Price, Tom Kite, Sandy Lyle...:hmmm:

Hibbyradge
15-04-2019, 11:53 AM
Not sure I would agree with those who say this is the greatest achievement ever and better than Nicklaus in 1986.

Well, I suppose all Nicklaus had to do was fend off no-marks like Seve Ballesteros, Bernhard Langer, Tom Watson, Greg Norman, Payne Stewart, Nick Price, Tom Kite, Sandy Lyle...:hmmm:

There were a fair few "no marks" in the field this week too.

Mibbes Aye
15-04-2019, 04:36 PM
I listened to the coverage on Five Live Sports extra. I think you get better coverage on the radio than TV, certainly more tee to green than TV, which is often about 60% of watching putting. Will try and get a feed tonight, but if not, happy to don the headphones once again. Golf on the radio can be more absorbing than a lot of people think.

Test cricket is better on the radio than the TV, especially something like ABC's coverage in Australia when the Ashes is down there, but also Test Match Special. The commentators need to fill the gap between the sporadic action, instead of just showing replayes, which makes for a better experience.

Commentary on the shorter games doesn't compare, as the whole point of 50-overs and T20 is explosive batting, so you want the replays from multiple angles.