PDA

View Full Version : The next up and coming derby

California-Hibs
07-04-2019, 05:44 PM
Just looking at the remaining fixtures for us and them I get a feeling that whoever wins this one will finish above the other.

With it being at Easter Road and us just being far superior all over the pitch you can't really see anything other than another Hibs win and another season finishing above them.

hfc rd
07-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Tickets are on sale as well.

We finish above them, that is severely going to hurt them. They won the league in September and were one point 11 points ahead of us in the table

Hibeesmad
07-04-2019, 05:50 PM
They genuinely thought they were still title contenders before Heckingbottom came in. They really are a delusional bunch.

Lancs Harp
07-04-2019, 05:59 PM
Got my tickets (x2) cant wait.

Diclonius
07-04-2019, 06:15 PM
Need to win this. They will be hurting and fired up for it to Hecky needs to be able to respond to that. Hopefully fan power carries us over the line.

flash
07-04-2019, 06:20 PM
Just looking at the remaining fixtures for us and them I get a feeling that whoever wins this one will finish above the other.

With it being at Easter Road and us just being far superior all over the pitch you can't really see anything other than another Hibs win and another season finishing above them.

Except we aren't far superior all over the pitch.

we are hibs
07-04-2019, 06:23 PM

How negative.

Stuart93
07-04-2019, 06:48 PM
How negative.

True though, we aren’t. Superb win yesterday but the game could’ve been out of sight the time we woke up

Sammy7nil
07-04-2019, 06:50 PM
How negative.

Surely You mean how realistic

Hermit Crab
07-04-2019, 06:58 PM
How negative.

Its a very valid point, we were lucky not to be a couple down in the first 20 minutes!

Waxy
07-04-2019, 07:05 PM
We have to honest. When they scored i was just surprised how long it took them.We only then woke up and it became an even contest after that.Two brilliant goals won it for us and that was the difference in the end.
That was one weird derby.

07-04-2019, 07:07 PM

We finish above them, that is severely going to hurt them. They won the league in September and were one point 11 points ahead of us in the table

Aye, 11 points ahead and then Heckingbottom started.

we are hibs
07-04-2019, 07:08 PM
Surely You mean how realistic

Its a very valid point, we were lucky not to be a couple down in the first 20 minutes!

True though, we aren’t. Superb win yesterday but the game could’ve been out of sight the time we woke up

Which positions are they better than us in?

Lancs Harp
07-04-2019, 07:16 PM

Reverse

Crab apple
07-04-2019, 07:18 PM

I wouldn't take many, if any, of their players over ours. They don't score goals and their defence and midfield seriously lack pace.
We won. They lost. We're top of the SPL form guide over the last six games. They are second bottom with St Johnstone. Lots of reasons to be positive.

California-Hibs
07-04-2019, 07:19 PM

League position, goal difference, and recent derby result would say very differently...
We're superior all over the pitch.

MWHIBBIES
07-04-2019, 07:21 PM
League position, goal difference, and recent derby result would say very differently...

Its not that simple. Barcelona are above Real and always beat them, I'm sure a few players would still sneak in to their side.

There is probably a player from every side who would improve us in one position.

Sammy7nil
07-04-2019, 07:26 PM

Is that really the point ? We could have been three down before we totally against the run of play got back in to it. We simply are not superior all over the pitch we play very different games however the teams are well matched and results could flip flop on any given day.

Fife-Hibee
07-04-2019, 07:26 PM

We weren't though, because Hearts are bottle merchants and we aren't. They'll bottle it even more so at Easter Road. Just you wait and see.

Sammy7nil
07-04-2019, 07:30 PM

Yeah by two points and few goals over 33 games and a similar record in this seasons derbies :rolleyes:

we are hibs
07-04-2019, 07:30 PM
Is that really the point ? We could have been three down before we totally against the run of play got back in to it. We simply are not superior all over the pitch we play very different games however the teams are well matched and results could flip flop on any given day.

Wasn't aware we were talking about yesterday's result alone. Still a valid point. Wouldn't take any of their 11 over our 11 yesterday. And I would expect us to beat them at Easter road. We have the momentum going into the run in, they're a spent force.

Billy Whizz
07-04-2019, 07:31 PM
Noticed we haven’t put the sections nearest the South stand on sale?

Sammy7nil
07-04-2019, 07:34 PM
Wasn't aware we were talking about yesterday's result alone. Still a valid point. Wouldn't take any of their 11 over our 11 yesterday. And I would expect us to beat them at Easter road. We have the momentum going into the run in, they're a spent force.

We are not just talking about yesterday

hibbysam
07-04-2019, 07:37 PM
Yeah by two points and few goals over 33 games and a similar record in this seasons derbies :rolleyes:

About 20 goals but aye 👀 I wouldn’t take their keeper, I might take Souttar in defence, and I wouldn’t change our midfield or McNulty for any of theirs. Naismith if he was fit probably but I guess he’s just about finished now with another knee injury.

hibbysam
07-04-2019, 07:39 PM
Noticed we haven’t put the sections nearest the South stand on sale?

Again. Pointless exercise by the club as the individuals will just have to find another part of the ground to go into. They’re not going to not turn up just because they can’t sit in section 44. Probably around 3/400 tickets for these past few games that we are refusing to sell, which resulted in opening the south against Kilmarnock, when that area would’ve housed those fans sufficiently, thus saving us money.

Billy Whizz
07-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Again. Pointless exercise by the club as the individuals will just have to find another part of the ground to go into. They’re not going to not turn up just because they can’t sit in section 44. Probably around 3/400 tickets for these past few games that we are refusing to sell, which resulted in opening the south against Kilmarnock, when that area would’ve housed those fans sufficiently, thus saving us money.
It’s all the remaining home home games on sale, not just the Hearts game

hibbysam
07-04-2019, 07:46 PM
It’s all the remaining home home games on sale, not just the Hearts game

Yup, and has been like that since the Rangers game. Security should be increased on the approach to the gates, and the stewards around the pitch should deter an invader, but not selling tickets in those areas just seems a total pointless exercise for me.

Onion
07-04-2019, 07:49 PM
The approach to the final derby might be determined by the results of our next games (against Celtic & Sevco). If Hibs can at least match Hearts result, then all the pressure will be Hearts to win the match at ER. That will play into our hands.

Impressed with Hecky's astute game management on Sat and think he is more than a match for Levein, so expect a similar outcome next time around.

GreenCastle
07-04-2019, 08:03 PM
Yup, and has been like that since the Rangers game. Security should be increased on the approach to the gates, and the stewards around the pitch should deter an invader, but not selling tickets in those areas just seems a total pointless exercise for me.

They should be limiting away fans in the corner sections and front few rows not punishing Hibs fans.

TheReg!
07-04-2019, 08:12 PM
Hopefully we will have a few of our injured players back before then as we are really thin on the ground. I worry that we might be running ourselves into the ground due to the huge effort that the team has given since Hecky’s arrival.

Aldo
07-04-2019, 08:14 PM
My Dad is 75 the morn and Ive just bought 2 executive seat tickets for this game!

He’s not been well of late so hopefully a wee boost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
07-04-2019, 08:18 PM
Hopefully we will have a few of our injured players back before then as we are really thin on the ground. I worry that we might be running ourselves into the ground due to the huge effort that the team has given since Hecky’s arrival.

Can’t see too many back, Gauld maybe, who else?
At least we’ll only have one game a week

TheReg!
07-04-2019, 08:47 PM
Can’t see too many back, Gauld maybe, who else?
At least we’ll only have one game a week

We haven’t heard much out of EM in regards to injuries of late. Boyle, Gauld, Whits, Agyepong, Bigirimana, Johnson, Porto and Bogdan. If we could get at least 3 of these players back then we might have enough to push for a European spot.

hibbysam
07-04-2019, 08:50 PM
We haven’t heard much out of EM in regards to injuries of late. Boyle, Gauld, Whits, Agyepong, Bigirimana, Johnson, Porto and Bogdan. If we could get at least 3 of these players back then we might have enough to push for a European spot.

Bogdan was on the bench on Saturday. Boyle and Porteous are out for the season and I suspect Whittaker is also. Agyepong and Johnson haven’t played a reserve game yet so won’t be anywhere near our first team. Gauls isn’t fit according to the boss and Bigi wouldn’t get into the midfield anyway.

Tug Wilson
07-04-2019, 09:15 PM
Barring injuries the squad looks like this.

Bogdan on bench so back to having 2 quality keepers.

Spector came on yesterday so he looks like cover for RB and potentially CB. Milligan can also drop back. Mackie covers LB.

Midfield is a little stretched but Slivka, Bartley and now Fraser Murray give decent cover.

Definitely light up front. McNulty must stay fit.

Only 5 games to go. Although the squad is a bit thin hopefully it should see us through to the end of the season.

jakeds
08-04-2019, 06:28 AM

Was there any announcement about them going on sale?!
Just bought mine this morning in a right panic! Thankfully there were still loads on sale

we are hibs
08-04-2019, 07:28 AM
We are not just talking about yesterday

Well what's the relevance of us almost being 3 down after 20 minutes got to do with anything? Fact is we weren't and we won. Can't think of anyone in their squad who would get in our team so I don't know why you think it's nonsensical thing to say that we are superior all over the park.

Phil MaGlass
08-04-2019, 07:58 AM
We will finish above them by the end of the season, they only raise tueir game for us, we will pick up good points from the rest, they will struggle to get anything.