PDA

View Full Version : Possession at Tynecastle

dastardly8
07-04-2019, 03:39 PM
For once we can boast having more possession than Hearts at a Tynecastle derby , for me it was down to Omeonga and Horgan keeping the ball instead of getting rid of it too quickly , McNulty too offers more on the ball than just waiting for it in the box , pleasing stuff to say the least , long may it continue !!!

Lancs Harp
07-04-2019, 05:11 PM
For once we can boast having more possession than Hearts at a Tynecastle derby , for me it was down to Omeonga and Horgan keeping the ball instead of getting rid of it too quickly , McNulty too offers more on the ball than just waiting for it in the box , pleasing stuff to say the least , long may it continue !!!

Does the ball being in the air for a considerable period of time count as possession for Hearts?

SRHibs
07-04-2019, 05:20 PM
How much better is McNulty than Mclaren btw? Such a good player.

California-Hibs
07-04-2019, 05:33 PM

10 fold better! Was thinking this the other day, so lucky to have McNulty!

we are hibs
07-04-2019, 05:42 PM

I liked Maclaren last season. But mcnulty is scoring the goals and putting the extra yards in outside the box too. Very intelligent player. Not many people would have made that pass for the equaliser with the outside of their foot. Should've probably laid kamberi in for another to make it 3 late on.

SChibs
07-04-2019, 10:28 PM
10 fold better! Was thinking this the other day, so lucky to have McNulty!

McNulty reminds me of Kamberi last season

matty_f
08-04-2019, 12:44 AM
McNulty reminds me of Kamberi last season

I think he has a very similar style to Stokes, but works harder.

Crunchie
08-04-2019, 03:15 AM
I think he has a very similar style to Stokes, but works harder.

He reminded me of the other Sparky the way he was running all over the place on Saturday.

Since452
08-04-2019, 08:49 AM

Actually think Maclaren was unlucky this season with his back problems. You can see clearly that McNulty has played at a higher level than Maclaren though. I'm delighted with him.

whereswallace?
08-04-2019, 09:25 AM
Just read a thread on Kickback about the game as I was interested to see their thoughts on the football they play. Lots of talk about a team having all the ball and doing nothing with it etc and the team with less ball hitting them on the break and taking our chances.

I don’t think many have noticed that we actually had MORE of the ball than them. I’d agree they put us under some pressure first half as we were poor but Marciano has also had very little to do.